What are Mailjet users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Mailjet software through verified user reviews

• icon"The ability to design your own emails from a template or simply drop in HTML has been great for our company."
  • icon"I am pleased that it has no daily limit for sending emails to your customers, clients, and subscribers. It also has an excellent categorization tool to manage your database well based on demographics."
  • icon"This is a very reliable service, in which several elements are combined at once - stable work of the message sending tools, an understandable help system, good technical support and an extensive API."
  • icon"They made things very challenging. I missed a few planned emails with specific deadlines due to not being made aware of the problems going on."
  • icon"Getting to your templates can be annoying. When creating a template it often times stops working and you have to reset the page."

Browse all Mailjet Reviews

• Have you used Mailjet and would like to share your experience with others?

Rocio

August 2022

Free trial highly recommended for small businesses

My company started using Mailjet when it started selling online. The free version allowed us to send the newsletter and other types of communications related to orders.

Pros

It allows sending the newsletter but also many other communications related to the transactions of an ecommerce.

Cons

The free version quite limits the number of emails sent, but the rest of the versions are economically profitable.

Alexandra

A good software but with some flaws

So far, given we can fix the issues in connecting to our custom domain, we are satisfied. With some reservations mentioned above.

Pros

I like the fact that Mailjet has a very clear UI- and it is easy to find and craft new campaigns. They have also been one of the very first email systems to be GDPr compliant- and hence on my radar for very long. We had an account since 2019, but only recently started to consider automating our emails. The trial limit for daily emails is generous too.

Cons

However, there are some issues. Connecting our domain was problematic, and email automation is only available to premium users. This should be available to free users as well, maybe limiting the free daily emails at the same time. It takes time to think automation processes through, and 30 days trial might be too little to decide whether the system is right for a user or not. I at least take time to properly test a software.

Cheaper than Drip, More free emails than MailerLite, and GDPR compliant

Reasons for switching to Mailjet

I used Mailchimp ages ago, and did not like their UI.

Simone

September 2022

Mailjet: our choice for transactional emails

Mailjet helps us delivering hundreds of transtactional and confirmation emails connected to our web projects. It never fails. One of the most reliable providers I have ever met in my career.

Pros

Mailjet offer various plans based on the size of your projects (there is even a fully functional free one for very small projects). It is very easy to set up, it gives you a lot of different choices to setup domain authentication (preventing your emails to become spam). No frills, everything in its right place and always working. The interface is very clear in order to communicate to developers which data they should use to integrate their software with mailjet email service, and what to do to avoid black listing, spam, etcetera

Cons

Sometimes their service for automatic detection of domain owners is blocked by firewalls. Thus you need to be able to edit your domain's DNS setting to authenticate the sender.

Steer clear if you're looking to send a large volume of emails

Overall, if you want to send a little bit of email with webhooks and api calls, this will work. If you're sending large scale campaigns, it could ruin your email list size because of the lack of functionality around reengagement campaign parameters.

Pros

The sales people and customer support were very nice. If you were looking to use the free tier or send low volume of emails then MailJet will do the job (ie: in place of MailChimp) however, if you're looking at this v's constantcontact or sendgrid, selligent etc then I would definitely not go with MailJet.

Cons

MailJet do not want clients to use them as a databasing tool which means, if you have a segment of users who are engaged and opened 20 times in the last 30 days and you want to get those email addresses to push into facebook to find a look alike audience...you can't. MailJet won't let you get that data. They also blacklist your softbouncing emails in the background and limit the characters in subject lines.

Reasons for switching to Mailjet

Due to price but wish we hadn't and actually went back to SailThru after 6 months of trying to get MailJet to work properly.

Response from Mailjet

Hi - thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to send us an email to contact@mailjet.com and we'd be happy to look into your account. In the meantime, we apologize for any inconvenience. Our platform and API is designed to handle higher volumes and as long as our Sending Policy is adhered to, we will be able to address any of your issues. Thanks again, the Mailjet team.

Replied December 2019

amit

This Is Good For begineers

Pros

The service is good but they block accounts without intimation even we use list cleaning techniques so critical to recover accounts

Cons

Pricing is little high and application Layout is little critical.Some functions doesn't work on slow internet

Sahar

December 2021

For the price, Mailjet is near perfect

The Mailjet template creator is easy to use if you have any experience using other template creators. Love how they include "saved sections" in the template creator for ease of creation. Mailjet has strict rules for anti-spam measures and that's a good thing. The majority of my emails do get delivered. For the frequency of our newsletters, Mailjet is perfect for our company. For transactional emails, we use Marsello because of its vast segment properties.

Pros

Picking a mail software is extremely stressful since most companies will charge you an arm and a leg when your list grows. Mailjet is the most value-driven software for medium-sized businesses.

Cons

If you want to segment at all, you have to upgrade to higher payment tiers. After testing their segment tiers, I wasn't too impressed by the options, so I downgraded it.

Reasons for switching to Mailjet

Mailchimp has gotten so much more expensive over the years.

Karen

MailJEt Review

Overall, my experience is positive. I wish there was a way to customize image padding (more than what's available, once it's been inputted in. Another function that can use some work would be the spacing between paragraphs. It would be nice to be able to create different spacing within the same text box without all of the text adapting to the same space size. Otherwise, uploading contact lists and creating email templates has been seamless.

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and pretty intuitive for first time users.

Cons

What I like least is you can't control the optimization of mobile design, that it'll automatically scale larger or smaller than a phone screen. You can't design for one platform (desktop) without considering how it'll appear on mobile, since it's not mobile optimized.

Reasons for choosing Mailjet

MailJet had the most bang for your buck.

Reasons for switching to Mailjet

Dynamics had limitation in creating rich-media emails.

Patrik

September 2022

Sending emails and bypassing the Spamfolder

Reliable reachability with good statistics on opened emails.

Pros

Easy to start. In just a few minutes you can be up and running with your first campaign. Generous sending and contact limits for the startup. Good Wordpress support.

Cons

Nothing so far. Working as supposed with nothing to complain about. If there was a wishlist, I'd like to see some kind of SEO and content AI based assistant.

More affordable solution.

aj

Best free email smtp provider

We've implemented Mailjet on our clients that needs more customization in marketing emails.

Pros

Mailjet offers more free emails than its closes competitor Mailgun. Mailgun has its own perks but if you want more emails per month go for Mailjet. 200 per day vs 1000+ a month for Mailgun. Mailjet wins when it comes to marketing emails.

Cons

Can't easily add/remove members in a mailing list. No DKIM off the bat.

Better customer support

Kenneth

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Best Value Out There

Pros

The software is easy to use and I can prepare a "mailing" fairly quickly with templates that I've set up for various types of occasions. The price is very reasonable and the reports are fantastic. I'm able to reach my target markets better when I download the reports and track who opens and "clicks" through my messages.

Cons

Everything is great. I wish that there could be more templates for the emails to give me more "looks" when I do "mailings"

Reasons for choosing Mailjet

Price was far better. In addition, MailChimp charges based on size of mailing list. I'd rather be charged by number of emails that I send out. My current package is perfect for my needs at a reasonable price.

Isaac

Industry: Think Tanks

A solid option for managing email lists.

Pros

Ease of use A plethora of features Messages arrive to inbox (not spam) Good analytics Overall value is good

Cons

Mailjet limits your sending rate at first Some features could be more customizable (e.g. subscriber forms/widgets) Can be a bit complicated to add sender addresses and verify URLs

Reasons for choosing Mailjet

Price and pragmatism of features

Reasons for switching to Mailjet

Mailjet has better % of arriving in inbox (not spam) Better package of features More customization and control Overall better service

Alexander

Easy To Setup, Crazy Terms of Service

It started off good, as an easy to use software but later turned into a nightmare working with their support.

Pros

It's really easy to set up and get going on a WordPress site, and I liked being able to authenticate by confirming an email rather than by DNS if I wanted.

Cons

Their TOS and enforcement of it is absolutely insane. One of my sites sends transactional emails for the purchase of firearms accessories (think like holsters, nothing regulated). They blocked my entire account and all sites associated because of that. I removed the site they flagged, thinking I'd get my account back. The compliance team then had to review my account, and then said one site I had linked which does landscaping is also against their terms because they don't allow real estate sales/related services. I should note, none of the sites on my account were sending any sort of newsletter or promotional emails. It was all contact form submissions and purchase receipts.

Reasons for choosing Mailjet

It seemed easier to use at the time. I've since moved on.

Response from Mailjet

Hi Alexander, Thanks for your feedback and we apologize for any issues you had with our service. Ultimately our sending policy is in place to avoid issues of spam, and illicit sending. We restrict content on self-service plans related to fire arms and real estate due to recommendations from ISPs. Thanks for understanding. Best, The Mailjet team

Dario

Better value for money on the market

Pros

Mailjet has all funcionalities needed for sending transactional emails. Great backoffice application and EU based

Cons

Transactional confirmation API structure need some manual tricks to work with many domains and subaccount in an efficent way

Reasons for choosing Mailjet

Better pricing model, well suited for our needs.

Industry: Market Research

Great mailing platform

Easy to setup, I like how they instruct you to setup your mailing domain in an optimal way and guide you through the process.

Pros

The overall design of the platform as well as the email builder is one of the best i've seen. It makes it possible for even novice users to design templates and send email campaigns.

Cons

Price is a bit high compared to some open source and self hosted options like OemPro but for a SASS product its still pretty good.

Reasons for choosing Mailjet

We actually use both for redundancy

Gabriele

A great service for a small price

Great DX for the integration, familiar UI, great analytics, honest pricing, possibility to send SMS. The product I was looking for, recommended.

Pros

- Easily create email templates with web-based editor - Great analytics for your emails - Easy API integration

Cons

- Cannot buy a dedicated IP unless you send 150k emails/month, I'd like to build my reputation from now

Reasons for choosing Mailjet

SendGrid is too expensive and not so developer friendly

Reasons for switching to Mailjet

Mailgun template editor is too new and not so stable as Mailjet one.

Prathiksha

July 2022

Amazing and powerful email marketing tool!

With Mailjet email marketing has become very easy for us. The newsletter editor is amazing and helps us build the best ones for our prospects. We are able to track and observe our clients which helps us reach them in a better way. It has also reduced our spam rates. Maintaining contact lists has never been easier. Overall a great experience with the platform.

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and I can build email campaigns quickly and efficiently. It allows multiple team members collaborate which makes it convenient. It's drag and drop feature helps make the email templates better to work with. One of the best feature is that we can track and monitor all the emails sent.

Cons

The platform lacks email templates options which could be increased. The pricing is a little expensive compared to other platforms, but the free plan also works pretty good.

Jessica

June 2022

Mailjet Review

Pros

What I like the most about this software is how easy it is to create templates

Cons

What I like the least about this software is the customer service

Ronnie

Mailjet was challenging

Overall I left Mailjet. The cost involved was too high. Customer service was not great. The interface was nice but didn't out weight the cons.

Pros

Mailjet was a great resource for creating engaging emails. The creative tools for making emails were very easy to use. Creating powerful engaging emails was very quick and the end result was exactly what I was looking for on the creation side of the platform.

Cons

So unfortunately I was unable to continue using Mailjet. The cost involved is pretty competitive but still very expensive. I came into some problems with a few of my emails and the customer service was underwhelming. They made things very challenging. I missed a few planned emails with specific deadlines due to not being made aware of the problems going on. Unacceptable. So I switched.

Reasons for choosing Mailjet

Mailjet was cheaper than Mailchimp and that was the primary reason I chose Mailjet.

Response from Mailjet

Hi Ronnie - thanks for your feedback, and we are sorry to hear you had an underwhelming experience. In an effort to provide excellent service, could you share your Support Ticket number by email at contact@mailjet.com. We'd be happy to take a look at your account and if you're interested in potentially continuing with our service, see how we can improve your experience. Best, the Mailjet team.

June 2022

Support levels unacceptable

Support is non-existent when it is required. Getting locked out an account leaves nowhere for contact or account resolution. If your business is depending on such a service, my recommendation it to go elsewhere .

Pros

When Mailjet it working, it works to an acceptable level.

Cons

The support is of the lowest standard possible. We have been left high and dry multiple times now. There is zero care factor about resolution and response times are shocking. We spend several thousands per annum and have implemented customers directly with Mailjet also, but is still not of interest to Mailjet.

Steve

Industry: Wholesale

Misleading SMTP Relay

At the basic - paying - account level responses only by email. It was soon clearr they did not want my business. Vastly inferior to other services such as SendGrid

Pros

When it worked it worked. The ability to certify and permit specific senders on my account.

Cons

Sending suspended arbitrarily based on suspected spam. When email was verified by us as not spam we were told that Mailjet is not for inter-company/"personal" correspondence. We were looking for an SMTP service that could handle ALL our email and flag suspicious use (E.G. a sudden increase in email volume from a particular account indicating that the sender had been hacked and compromised). They are only interested in "transactional" and campaign email

Vishal

Best tool for Email Marketers

You can manage multiple email campaigns here. It will definitely helps you to grow your business rapidly. To can use their pre-made templates for your email campaigns.

Pros

Mailjet is one of the best tool for Email Management. You can customize and send emails to your clients or users. User can track each email activity that they have sent for business growth.

Cons

Not for the beginners, you must need to learn about email marketing before using this software.

Mitch

My MailJet Review

Great

Pros

Setup was straightforward and reporting is great... I can see who has opened the mail I've sent and much more.

Cons

None, it works invisibly.

Reasons for switching to Mailjet

Our email was randomly being blocked by gmail, yahoo, etc... because our website hosting company was on their blacklist.

Brian

No major difference

Pros

Seems like a easy straight forward solution. Seems similar to the other major brands

Cons

Getting used to a new solution from other solutions was difficult. I have been a long time user of mailchimp and that seemed to be easier. Really need a lot of templates to better suit the user.

Response from Mailjet

Hi Brian, thanks for the feedback. Within your account you can access over 40 pre-built templates that can be adapted to your needs. Is there a specific style of template that you would like to see? Feel free to email contact@mailjet.com with any other recommendations and we'll be sure to find ways to help. Thanks Brian! The Mailjet team

Mario

Eccellente esperienza

Pros

Il sistema totalmente online è abbastanza semplice da utilizzare e consente di creare campagne di mail marketing in maniera rapida ed efficace.

Cons

Il supporto e la piattaforma non prevedono la lingua italiana.

Thanissara

Great Service and Customer Support

Pros

Fast and easy Customer Support. For this price get a big value and quality. Easy to use, very user friendly.

Cons

I cant delete Campaigns by my self, have to contact the Customer Service. This should be changed, its not convinced.

Mailjet