• icon"Easy to setup and cheap, scalable and integrated with AWS. It allows to configure every aspect to guarantee higher email deliverability."
  • icon"I love that is cheap, its pricing is really good, it has a bunch of integrations, through zapier (which is free, but can require a paid plan depending on your usage)."
  • icon"I use this for email marketing to help with my sales for my website store. It collects all customer emails and organizes them and sends out quality html emails to my customers."
  • icon"It does not offer any option if you suddenly can't use Amazon SES anymore. Also, the branding on the email footer is a bit ridiculous in paid plans."
  • icon"There are no remarketing features in this software. Unable to track who opened or clicked the email."
  • icon"It was buggy many times to the point that we missed deadlines that were a week out when we ran into the issue. Inability to create segments within the lists was very frustrating at times."

All MoonMail Reviews

Ferdinand

Mailchimp is nothing compared to Moonmail

Overall happiness and less frustration than any other auto-responder for starters. The ease of use and straight forward dashboard is nice on the eyes and there's a template marketplace in case you aren't feeling creative. Pretty awesome product if you ask me.

Pros

First and foremost, Mailchimp, aweber, constant contact etc... are so restrictive when you want to upload a list. Or, you have to pay exorbitant amounts just to upload the contacts, even if you don't use them in certain campaigns. With Moonmail, I haven't experienced any of that. Granted I'm new to the service but from what I've found, it's the best option out there.

Cons

There's nothing really at the moment other than I wish I had found it sooner. I've dealt with pretty much every auto-responder out there and it's more than frustrating when all you are trying to do is communicate with your list and not be charge an arm and a leg or be restricted on what you upload.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Tamarisk

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Much better than mailchimp

Just excellent

Pros

The customer service and chat function are simply excellent. The folks at moonmail are friendly, patient with actual customer service. Unlike their main competitor they are not condescending and never once was i told to 'find the solution myself'.

Cons

Not as easy to use as mailchimp but the customer service is so good with someone walking through that it's not actually a real problem.

Reasons for choosing MoonMail

I used the chat function and had questions answered that moonmail refused to help with before even becoming a customer. Just that. I got my credit card out.

Reasons for switching to MoonMail

Totally crappy customer service and condescending customer service folk who dont actually want to help/or have the patience to.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

MoonMail Review

Good features , very new platform and technology but open source code was not really open source

Pros

Integration with AWS , Serverless lambada architecture , open source code base , features specially some cutting edge planned features

Cons

Open source code not updated uses outdated serverless framework , very tough to get it working almost had to rewrite major part of the code

Feature , technology

Reasons for switching to MoonMail

Cost of mailchimp goes very high as our user base grows

Angelica

Lovely alternative to Mailchimp

The only reason I cannot stick with it is Amazon's SES really strict policies that keep banning me.

Pros

I love that is cheap, its pricing is really good, it has a bunch of integrations, through zapier (which is free, but can require a paid plan depending on your usage). It has regular nice features like automation, but that's it.

Reasons for choosing MoonMail

I ended up using just a bit and then switching away.

Reasons for switching to MoonMail

I needed a cheaper option.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

Felicia

My moon mail experience

I had many of my accounts compromised by this person and daily I struggled to regain access to my own accounts and thank God for moon mail helping me by synconizing many of my apps so I can get back what is mine

Pros

How it works well with many of my other apps and how it integrates very smoothly without the hassle

Cons

Honestly can not think of anything so far I enjoy it alot

Reasons for switching to MoonMail

Just always like to try out different software products and had came across moon mail, tested it out and left zapier .

Todd

Great Alternative to Mailchimp

Pros

I like the customer service and the layout of the design, and the emails themselves don't look so uniform like Mailchimp's.

Cons

We initially didn't know where to start and how to access certain features, but we got the hang of it after learning it.

Reasons for switching to MoonMail

With the number of users we were looking for and the history of Mailchimp, the president and CEO decided to go forward with Mailchimp instead.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

Carlos

Moonmail is just what I needed, simple but efficient and intuitive. It gets the job done.

Pros

- Awesome user experience - Amazing support team - Covers everything you need as an email marketer

Cons

The segments feature of the list management section needs to be more powerful, aside from that, everything else is a charm.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Alejandro

Great email marketing automation software

Right now the onboarding team has been great. We already sent our first campaigns with great results, delivering us even higher open rates than on mailchimp and thus more sales on our store.

Pros

I love the email editor and how can you set up flows on the automation section. I really like their support team and roadmap they presented. Moosend has some very cool features on the drag and drop email composer such as timer countdown and video insert.

Cons

The shopify plugin data on ecommerce data is only available for now at the automation level. Waiting for this data to be available at the regular newsletter segment options.

Pricing and team support

Reasons for switching to MoonMail

The flow diagram editor and composer is way much better than mailchimp and their cost is lower than mailchimp.

Response from MoonMail

thanks!

Gary

Very slick User Interface

Very easy to get up to speed with, nice clean modern interface.

Pros

I like the interface and having moved from Mailchimp found it very similar in the setup. You can add custom merge fields like you can in MC. It has webhooks so if you need to do any custom processing post subscribe or un-subscribe then you can.

Cons

Be useful for the API to be able to trigger an automation or an email.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Tim

Super affordable; cutting edge email technology

Super affordable email campaign software.

Pros

I love that they've chosen a serverless, infinitely scalable architecture so I never have to worry about their ability to scale and meet my email campaign demands. What's more, their interface is intuitive and approachable, with a stellar email editing option. And most important -- this is an exceedingly affordable option to get start sending state-of-the-art email campaigns.

Cons

I've found a couple bugs when editing my email template that caused a little pain. I've also not found the customer support team to be available for chatting when I'm online.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Jason

Open Source Version is challenging at best

Pros

It's open source, which means it's free.

Cons

Despite considerable technical expertise, we could not get the Open Source version of MoonMail to work.

Rocio

Industry: Veterinary

It is the most powerful tool we have worked with so far. MoonMail offers unlimited campaigns.

Pros

MoonMail has good pricing including all the necessary services for our business. We have unlimited campaigns per month, unlimited subscribers by campaign. With MoonMail we can store up to 25,000 subscribers. Other important reason is that we are having a premium support which really is helpful.

Cons

Maybe, something negative is that if you donĀ“t know this software, you could not find easily on the internet. It is not stil very popular.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Sanjay

I have done email campaign two years

Generate sales and leads for company product using email campaigns.

Pros

delivery and creative. I have spent more than two years on moonmail email marketing tools. it was very good email tools to send bulk email campaign at the cheap price.

Cons

user-friendly templet available. it was very good email delivery placement so I used regular basis I mean daily basis.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!

Moonmail Review

For generalised email campaignits good

Pros

It's ease of use. Its simple and very eficient

Cons

There are no remarketing features in this software. Unable to track who opened or clicked the email. There is no exclusion list feature. Segmentation feature is also very weak. cant segment region specific emails. The template option selection is less as well.

Response from MoonMail

Thanks!