• Pros

• "I like the fact that it is always on, and I don't have to teach anyone how to encrypt emails, or when to encrypt emails."

• "This software is set it and forget it. The end user doesn't have to think about using it, it just works."

• "The ease of use and web-access interface. I am able to use the product from virtually anywhere and can be assured of HIPAA Compliance on confidential and sensitive documents. "

• Cons

• "The price is a little high. For us though it's well worth it."

• "I have one tiny issue: the admin UI is very flat, albeit totally functional and useful. I just somehow want it to look better. Subjective! "

• "The only missing feature is an easy "JUNK" button rather than having to create a rule. "

Browse Paubox Email Suite Reviews

Beau from Punahou School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Seamless encryption for email that doesn't rely on trained users to use it

Excellent seamless email encryption that doesn't require a heavy training component to teach people when and how to use it.

Pros

Cons

I wish it had a feature to expire or recall an email that was sent by mistake.

Reasons for Switching to Paubox Email Suite

Virtru was expensive, and required training to use.

Cheryl from Trinity Village, Inc.

Love my Paubox!

Paubox has been invaluable for Trinity. We desperately needed HIPAA compliant e-mail and Paubox filled that void. Our initial team, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], we WONDERFUL! They were always available in help, pricing, and customer service.

Pros

When researching different HIPAA compliant software companies, we elected to go with Paubox, even though they weren't the least expensive. Two reasons mainly effected our decision. The first was it was not necessary to go through a third party (i.e. Secure Mail, etc) for our clients and residents to receive our e-mail. The second was the customer service and set-up. The set-up team was wonderful and continued that support through out the entire process from start to finish. We still have wonderful customer service reps.

Cons

Very little actually. As stated above, the team and ease more than make up for the few additional dollars we spend.

Reasons for Choosing Paubox Email Suite

Third party logins were not required and the ease of use for our residents and staff. The customer service was the bomb!!!

Tracie from Tracie A. McDowell, MA, LLC

Great HIPAA compliant email

Pros

It provides security for HIPAA compliance, and has almost eliminated the need for faxes.

Cons

Initially the cost was the only thing I didn't like, but now seems absolutely worth it.

Kelly from Kelly Bartle-Bush

Industry: Mental Health Care

Secure and HIPAA compliant email encryption

I am required to utilize HIPAA compliant communication for my mental health private practice and this service ensured compliance with end-to-end encryption.

Pros

The customer service was excellent during my free trial and the instructions for set-up were easy to follow, even with limited tech knowledge.

Cons

The primary downside was the cost associated with the email encryption service. It was too expensive for me as a single account user.

Tony from Henderson Behavioral Health

Excellent Technology!

It has been better than expected.

Pros

The best thing about Paubox has been the ease of deployment, the customer service team was very easy to work with, they are very knowledgable and willing to transfer knowledge to me and my staff. To continue, the ongoing support is great as well, they always follow up and ensure everything is correct before closing the ticket. They technology, or implementation of technology i think sets Paubox apart from the others. The nearly seamless implementation has been wonderful for users and our partners and customers alike.

Cons

Nothing really, Paubox has listened to our needs and has added, or began roadmapping additional features.

Reasons for Choosing Paubox Email Suite

Their billing model allowed for specific users, rather than "all users" which allowed me to control the cost.

Carly from Riverside Clinical Services, LLC

Best out there!

Once you have Paubox services setup, there is nothing else you have to do for emails to be HIPAA compliant. As the saying goes....set it and forget it! Customer support is amazing. They respond quickly and answer any questions thoroughly.

Pros

The simplicity of the encryption. There is no login or having to have an account for emails to be encrypted and its HIPAA compliant.

Cons

The cost of using Paubox is higher than others.

Reasons for Choosing Paubox Email Suite

The seamless encryption that is HIPAA compliant and allows those receiving the email to open the email without having to login to a secure site. It's well worth the higher cost of other alternatives.

Laura from Kreiselmaier Therapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Paubox makes HIPAA-compliant email easy!

Pros

Once you get through the front-end installation process, it's exactly like using Gmail, just with your own domain's email address. So you have all the Gmail features such as setting up filters, folders, auto-responses, etc.

Cons

It took a couple hours and a call with tech support to integrate Paubox with G Suite and my domain server, but ever since then it's been seamless.

Reasons for Switching to Paubox Email Suite

I only used SimplePractice for HIPAA-compliant client messaging and did not use or need the other features, thus Paubox's pricing was better.

Chris from Easter Seals Louisiana

Simple and Seamless

Paubox has helped our organization to have the capability to send email without the worry of forgetting to encrypt a document that may contain protected information. With all outgoing and incoming messages being encrypted and decrypted, this has enabled out organization to remain complaint and reduce risks.

Pros

A couple of things that stand out are how simple the platform is to use, as well as providing a seamless level of protection for our organization. It is nice to no longer have to send an encrypted document, and then send the password for that document in a separate email. All email through the system, both outgoing and incoming, are encrypted/decrypted automatically. This is a really big time saver. And since this is all done behind the scenes, there is no training of staff. All we had to do was to let them know once the product launched, and to expect a Paubox tagline at the bottom of the emails that they are sending.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike, the product provides a higher level of email security at all times, not only when someone is sending protected information electronically.

Reasons for Choosing Paubox Email Suite

Paubox was chosen due to its high level of protection, as well as its ease of use. We literally did not have to train staff on how to use Paubox, it was just there. We did communicate to our team that there would be a Paubox footer at the bottom of each email. Other than that, Paubox handle everything else on the back end.

Reasons for Switching to Paubox Email Suite

Several of our email recipients had issues opening attachments with our previous program. It was also very cumbersome to send an encrypted message, and then send the password to decrypt the original message in a separate email.

Juli from RSABill.com

Easy to be compliant

We have our company domain, everyone has an email wrapped by Paubox encryptions and we don’t have to think about it. Best part is the recipient doesn’t have to take extra steps to read the email.

Pros

What I like most about our email system is it is not an app, no extra steps, no planning for which email content needs to be in the secure environment. Instead, every email is protected, incoming and outbound, and we have availability to it as simple as any popular non-secure email provider. It’s easy at my desk or in my car on my cell phone.

Cons

We have no complaints about the features or even the price. Only mention that I miss the personal representative that I experienced when I started. I refer other businesses to Paubox and they have to leave a message or complete the contact us on the website, then someone calls them back. We’re in the medical field and doctors want to have a person as their contact, it’s just how we are.

For ease of use and 100% HIPAA compliance from all of our staff

Dave from Nizhoni Health

Paubox works hard to make it seem easy for your company

Fantastic. The team is super helpful and professional and the product is brilliant. I dare you to compare to other options available currently.

Pros

Easy to setup and easy to use - it's essentially blind to your employees, so no one can forget to use it like with Microsoft's approach. That makes being 100% compliant within your corporate domain very easy.

Reasons for Choosing Paubox Email Suite

Cost, features, performance, compliance. Also being HiTrust certified made all the difference in closing the deal.

Lucas from Kilolani Counseling & Mindfulness Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent email encryption software for healthcare!

Pros

I have found using Paubox extremely convenient and easy in my job as a psychologist. I use it for communicating and sharing protected health information with clients and other healthcare providers a like. It is so much easier for people I email to use than other software platforms I know of, since they are not required to have an account and log in, or to be sent a unique password for every email they want to open. It is seamless and makes communication really easy.

Cons

I can't think of anything I dislike yet, except maybe that the recipients sometimes don't realize that the email they get from me and that they'd write back are both encrypted and safe. I know it says so at the bottom of the email, but some folks don't see that. Sometimes they are reluctant to open it or reply from within the email for that reason.

Reasons for Choosing Paubox Email Suite

I didn't want my email recipients to have to get a unique code each time they opened any email from me. For many clients in the community who have low technology literacy, this would mean they may never be able to figure out how to read it!

Danny from Aurora Case Management

Security Bar-None...Worth Every Penny!

Pros

Paubox offers a security suite that is very easy to use and doesn't require anything additional for each user. It's all setup to run in the background, so it just works. The customer service from Paubox is exceptional. They're always ready to assist with whatever issues we may have. I recommend Paubox to every company looking to increase their security measures.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that would be a con.

Reasons for Choosing Paubox Email Suite

Paubox required the least amount of user interaction to utilize the core of it's product. This was necessary for our team.

Phillip from Sunbird Computing

Full Email Encryption

Pros

This service does full end to end encryption. It's hippa compliant. You don't need to add a special word to the subject of an email, or use an outlook plugin or browser extension. You also don't need to worry about that one employee who never listens and forgets to encrypt emails as having personal information. This email service provider can work with your existing email provider or they can do it all for you, they take care of guaranteeing full end to end email encryption. We now encrypt 100% of our emails. The end user does not have to log into a special web portal, they view our emails as they do everyone else's. The best money we've spent in years.

Cons

The price is a little high. For us though it's well worth it.

Gary from The Caregiver Foundation

Security for Dummies

We have used the software for some time and become more and more enamored of this product. Keep working!!

Pros

I don't have to figure out cumbersome and frustrating encryption processes and my correspondents can communicate easily without having to set up accounts, log in with passwords and then try to decipher the original message from the seemingly endless disclosure contents. I am so glad we set up Pau Box!

Cons

That it can't figure a way to stop the incoming encrypted mail and do its magic on them so I don't have to interrupt my workflow!

Reasons for Choosing Paubox Email Suite

ease of use and time savings

Haydee from North Pointe Dental

Easy to use and Seamless

Pros

I love that this works in the background! Everyone is able to use their email program like a regular email. Having to send someone a password to access your email is a real pain. Paubox makes the HIPAA encrypted email simple and seamless. There is no additional software to install and you can access your email from anywhere or use with Outlook.

Traven from Scholars App

Fantastic! Staff was very helpful to walk me through the set up process

Pros

It’s simple to set up and easier to use. There was no change in my emailing behavior because I could still use my existing mail client. It was just set and forget.

Cons

Can’t think of anything. You don’t really interact with the software after you set it up and it runs in the background

Seamless integration with GSuite, great support

PauBox provides me end-to-end send and receive HIPAA-compliant encryption of my email for my mental health therapy practice!

Pros

The pre-written and personally emailed instructions to configure my domain to utilize PauBox were step-by-step accurate and easy to follow, despite being complex. The clear instructions and excellent customer service when I had specific questions made deployment of this software in my domain a cinch!

Cons

No cons! It is excellent! There are many complicated steps to configure your domain, but PauBox makes that easy.

Reasons for Choosing Paubox Email Suite

PauBox was highest recommended in the therapist community.

Paubox meets our needs

We've been able to manage our HIPAA compliant email needs.

Pros

Paubox integrates with our existing software well and satisfies our needs.

Cons

There are definitely features we do not use because the scope of the integration would be too much.

Erick from Sunset Sleep Labs

Paubox Email

We have been using Paubox for years and have had excellent results with it.

Pros

Cons

I would like to pricing to be more competitive

David from Duquesne University

Easy HIPAA Compliance for Mental Health

My small consulting company has used Paubox for several years. We have had very few problems. On one occasion, we were having some difficulties and the customer support was quick, friendly and professional. We definitely like Paubox for our HIPAA emails.

Pros

Cons

I wish it integrated better with existing programs (e.g., GMAIL).

Reasons for Choosing Paubox Email Suite

We considered several HIPAA Compliant email services...they were expensive and not as easy to use. We use the product several times per month and could not justify an expensive monthly fee.

Paubox is Essential for medical practices

Pros

Seamless encryption. Knowing your email is safe.

Cons

more control of fonts and spacing would be nice

Jacob from OPTIMAL HEALTH CARE INC

User friendly secure email software requiring zero extra steps for end user

Seamless

Pros

The fact that i don't have to do anything beside sending and receiving my emails as usual once I have the software installed on my browser

Cons

I can't think of anything wrong with Paubox

Reasons for Switching to Paubox Email Suite

Vitrus was to cumbersome to the end user

Dawn from Easterseals Louisiana

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Paubox: A Simple and affordable solution for protecting PHI

The transition was seamless. Everyone that we have dealt with has been professional and helped us feel comfortable that we were making the best decision to protect our organization and our participant's PHI within our emails.

Pros

Paubox was ready to use within a couple of weeks and did not require any training for our staff. It was set up behind the scenes and offered immediate protection. I can rest easier knowing that our emails are automatically encrypted without any extra steps being taken by our staff.

Cons

At this time, I have not found any issues with our use of Paubox.

David from David Barry Marriage and Family Therapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

Paubox Checks all the right boxes

They are a great company to work with. Very accessible and they provide a great product.

Pros

Paubox is a great email solution that integrates seamlessly with Gmail. I had one interaction with their tech support and they went above and beyond to help me out and resolve my issue.

Cons

I cannot think of any negatives. So far the experience has been all-around terrific.

Reasons for Choosing Paubox Email Suite

It was highly recommended to me.

Ilissa from Life After Loss Counseling

Best Tech Support

Very happy with the protection from the service and assistance from tech support.

Pros

Seamless, I am not tech savy and I set it up and that's that!

Cons

It is a bigger expense for my private practice, but I don't have to worry about protection with Paubox on my team.

Sybil from The Journey Center for Healing Arts, PLLC

easiest encryption out there

Pros

Very easy to set up, implement with my team, and effective in meeting encryption needs of the industry. The customer support was very helpful with all of my questions and cost effective, compared to other similar services.