• Pros

• "Easy interface. Company is always helpful. They make upgrades as needed. "

• "Amazing. My clients get so much useful information. They are so happy with the information I give them. "

• "I love how easy it is to use once you get the hang of it. We are able to run multiple contests at once without too much overseeing on our end and are able to control everything with one interface."

• Cons

• "Old contests could be difficult to work with, but this has been updated and fixed. "

• "The glitches in have been fixed. They upgrade when needed. "

• "Wish there were richer options for voting campaigns."

Browse Second Street Reviews

Rebecca from GateHouse Media

Secondstreet Media - The Leader in Promotions Partnerships

The Second Street Team are some of the best in the media business. They put their clients and their client's clients first and are very responsive to expressed needs..... as a side note, they are enjoyable to work with also.

Pros

The Secondstreet Platform enables a wide variety of high value promotions such as Best of the Best/ Reader's Choice, Sweepstakes, Quizzes, Photo contest and nomination contests. The plaform also enables great ad integration for revenue growth and touch points to maximize the generation of results for our clients

Cons

The software overall is very good and the team will also roadmap improvements as needed

Allen from The Free Lance-Star

Industry: Newspapers

Greatest SaaS company around!

They make us money and provide excellent value with all their tools.

Pros

Love all the tools. The variety of contesting tools and infinite ways to configure them to our needs is the greatest aspect of this company and their products.

Cons

Too many options sometimes! But this just adds to the flexibility. Products like this often just have a base set of ways to configure but with all the Second Street products, there are so many ways to build out a contest, or ballot, or game, or quiz exactly how we want.

The limited responsiveness and access to certain features make this program frustrating, at times.

Pros

If you want a simple copy and paste formatting palette, this is your blank canvas. Upload images easily, enter text with ease, and choose from multiple format wizards.

Cons

If you want something that is easy to customize and format text/copy, this is not the program for you. Upickem's lack of responsiveness to edits is highly frustrating.

SecondStreet is the best

Overall SecondStreet has allowed me to deliver great results to client. I have been able to deliver an ROI to everyone we have worked with while using SecondStreet!

Pros

SecondStreet is very user friendly. Setting up a contest or an eblast has always been fast. Any time I have had a problem their customer service was able to help me very quickly!

Cons

There isn't anything I haven't liked about SecondStreet

Contest, prizes, sweepstakes-oh my!

Overall, this program gives great options when executing contesting. The formatting could use some updates to responsiveness, but it's a minor issue.

Pros

Second Street allows you to create just about any prize-driven promotion. It's fairly easy to use their wizard to create all types of contests.

Cons

The formatting can be glitchy, and the wizards can be limiting (if you are not well versed in HTML).

Kim from The Post and Courier

Industry: Newspapers

Second Street the best in the business

I have worked with Second Street for years with contests, ballots and custom brackets. The ease of use and design of the software just keeps getting better. Their support team is 2nd to none! I am a very pleased user.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and user friendly.

Cons

Could use the addition of a few more social media buttons.

Rachel from The Post and Courier

Excellent resource

Pros

The platform is easy to use and visually appealing. Using Second Street allows us to show our clients real results and deliver great marketing leads.

Cons

The legacy contest platforms can be a little challenging

Lindsey from WJXT

Industry: Online Media

Amazing product

Great product, great team and support.

Pros

Ease of use with the system as well as the learning tools that are available.

Cons

Flexibility in designs - not able to customize the templates/layouts of the contests.

Ethan from Missourian Publishing Co.

Industry: Newspapers

Second street helps us meet revenue goals

Able to give local advertisers a fun way to promote and contest while at the same time gaining valuable data and lead generation for them and ourselves. One of the best and easiest ways at building a lasting email database for future marketing as well.

Pros

Easy to use, and pre made templates and contest ideas!

Cons

No cons anymore, you guys have fixed all my feature requests I had when we started using your product years ago.

Ryan from KY3 Inc. (KYTV)

Drive Digital Revenue

Second street goes out of their way to make sure that we are successful. They have so many resources and ideas to help drive revenue for our station.

Pros

Second Street's software has been a huge driver of revenue for our station and great way to get results for our advertisers. The greatest part about Second Street is the client knows the results that we drive for their business.

Cons

Like any software program their is a learning curve to get familiar with how to use the tools, but overall this software is user friendly and intuitive.

Shawn from Entercom Austin

Second Street Email/Contest/Interactive Content

We use Second Street to contest for different giveaways as well as send out newsletters, populate polls, and surveys. The software allows you to tag all campaigns so that people participating will be filtered into different lists with their interests.

Pros

Second street is very straight forward and easy to understand at a base level. The software walks you through setting up different campaigns.

Cons

Sometimes I have experienced glitches with Second Street that cause my progress to not be saved.

Jackie from Times Herald-Record

Second Street Platform is Great

We use second street for all of our companies giveaways, the system is great and we have few issues with it. Contests are user friendly.

Pros

The functionality of the platform is very good. Second Street keeps users updated on turnkeys and new ideas.

Sam from FOLIO WEEKLY

Working with Second Street Was the Best Decision

From the very beginning, everyone at Second Street has been wonderful to work with. Their summit is what helped push us over - all the insights were so valuable. Their customer support is one of the best I've see, and the ideas that they give you are revenue producers.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use and offers a wide range of options from contests to quizzes to emails and so much more that we haven't even looked at yet.

Cons

I only wish there was an "un-do" button. Sometimes I accidentally change something and would like to be able to un-do the last thing I did.

Kaitlin from Spotlight Newspapers

Awesome program

I really enjoy this program and believe it is an essential tool for our newspaper. Contests should be fun and this website helps make them that way.

Pros

Cons

We've had a couple people tell us they cannot unsubscribe from all contests, just the current ones. There should be an option to unsubscribe from all SS mail and emails for those who do not want the notifications.

Britney from The Oklahoman

Love it!

Pros

It is so fun to create different types of promotions and emails. You can create a ballot, sweepstakes, quiz and more.

Cons

They could work on their email feature more.

Jason from Cox Media Group

Industry: Publishing

Solid product and great customer service

Pros

My team appreciates the ease of use, variety of turn-key products and exceptional customer service.

Cons

Wish there were richer options for voting campaigns.

Jackie from Gatehouse Media

Good Software / Very Helpful

Pros

Easy interface. Company is always helpful. They make upgrades as needed.

Cons

The glitches in have been fixed. They upgrade when needed.

Samantha from Entercom/KBZT/KSON/KYXY/KXSN

Samantha Boyd - Programming

It's been a great tool for a number of reasons. Collecting listener data, running contests, and opinions about songs.

Pros

I like the ability to personalize each contest, quiz, promotion, or review that tailors to our audience. It is fun, engaging, and can be used in different outlets.

Cons

Sometimes I have to start a new Eblast rather than over-writing one we've used before, because it won't save the changes made. I've had to make multiple of the same email before because of this.

Ashley from Eagle communications

Bomb Dot Com

They give great information and help with any questions I have.

Pros

Cons

I could use more hands-on information on how to train my local sales team.

Richard from Johnson City Press

Industry: Newspapers

Second Street really boosts our bottom line

We use Second Street Contests as an integral part of the package we sell to marketers.

Pros

It is easy to use, and it gives us a new true revenue stream

Cons

It is all good. We have not had any problems with this software

Lindsey from Wjxt

Industry: Online Media

Second street

It’s been great!

Pros

Easy to use with lots of options and the turkeys really give you great ideas that you can setup in no time

Cons

The written submission feature. It’s hard to figure out and set up

Second Street review

Second Street is easy to use and have the best customer service if I have any questions or need additional help!

Pros

Great way to generates leads and easy.

Cons

I have not seen any cons while using this software.

Diane from Southwest News Media

Keeps me Forward Thinking

I've used it many times to enhance my presentations with clients for digital advertising. It allows me specific examples (case studies) to share with clients. By sharing dollar amounts and ROI it gives me tangible figures to share. It's user friendly and easy to navigate. It keeps me thinking about what's coming up on the calendar and offers several themes to keep in my head (and have at my disposal) as needed to share with clients/prospects. Love how it offers great ways to increase customer engagement and build business.

Pros

It keeps me thinking about what's coming up, seasonally, and allows me to have creative campaign ideas for clients up my sleeve.

Cons

Can't think of anything. It's to the point and allows me to go in different directions easily.

Katie from Morgan Murphy Media

Revenue billing through contesting

It's been very positive. They're always willing to improve systems and hear feedback.

Pros

A great platform that handles all of your online contesting needs … great customer service and ideas to sell to clients, too!

Cons

Others in our market use this product, too. It's a great tool that it would be ideal if we were the only one that carried it ;-)

Matthew from The Pantagraph

Second Street is First

'Tis great! We've tested/experimented with other similar providers, but they do not compete with Second Street's level.

Pros

Ease of use, friendly and helpful staff, syncs easily with our websites.

Cons

We manage 3 websites and it would be nice if we could more easily copy/paste between the three from our end.

Easy to Use and Easy to Sell

We easily generate income, engagement and leads. That's why its such a great product.

Pros

The ease in which you can implement contests and quizzes. There are great ideas and mock programs set up for ease of use. Clients love the engagement and customers love winning prizes. It is easy to add team members and

Cons

Downloading the email list is a bit confusing until you get the hang of it.

Shyanne from Capital Newspapers

Great program!

We have many successful contests.

Pros

I like the easy access to reports of each contest.

Cons

I would like a way to edit how many things people need to vote for to make it harder to "Stuff" a ballot.

Bob from The Dickinson Press

2 Year User

The customer support is top notch. I have always had my questions answered on the first call. They always provide insights to providing contests for making money. Great team!

Pros

The software is very robust for running money making events and contests. We more than paid for the service with one event.

Cons

I really like the software and they are always making improvements.

Easy, intuitive and straightforward platform with great customer support

Pros

It is very simple to learn and master the platform. There are a lot of customization opportunities as well as template options. The customer support and dedicated client success manager was a great perk.

Cons

Unfortunately the software proved to be too cost-prohibitive based on our usage. Otherwise a great company and product!

Grant from Newschannel 3

We Use it to Send Our Newsletter

I would recommend for anyone looking to send out a newsletter or similar email.

Pros

If you're sending a newsletter, it's highly customizable. There are lots of options for templates, features, etc. and it takes you through each step-by-step, so there's little fear in sending.

Cons

I haven't had any major issues thus far. It doesn't let you rearrange a newsletter after you've already created a template as far as I can tell, but it's possible I just haven't used it long enough.

Second Street Contests and Sweepstakes

We have increased revenue exponentially by offering our advertisers opportunities to sponsor sweepstakes or photo galleries through Second Street.

Pros

It's so easy to use their turnkey quizzes and contests, yet Second Street is willing to customize their sweepstakes to fit your client's needs. And you can even set up your own quizzes through Second Street. Our office had fun coming up with questions for a Romantic Movie quiz we customized through Second Street.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say about it.

Patrick from Going Beyond Advertising dba GBYA

second street promotions

excellent

Pros

company is very approachable and responsive to inquiries. provides lots of value for prospective clients and/or local businesses wishing to enhance their marketing, branding promotion and branding at an affordable price point

Cons

have not experienced the full scope and power of the platform as i am a new partner but it looks very promising and there is a ramp up time frame

Michelle from Hometown Stations

Turn Key at it's Best

Second Street has helped out company grow our digital revenue categories especially in the non-traditional advertising category. Without the use of Second Streets products, we would have missed out on these opportunities.

Pros

The ideas that we have received from Second Street have been tremendous and have allowed our sales force the opportunity to create new revenue from existing accounts.

Cons

I can't find anything that I have not liked about this program.

Peggy from The Daily Sentinel

Love Second Street!

The whole group of people at Second Street are extremely helpful and take the time to walk you through any questions or concerns you may have. Excellent customer service.

Pros

Second Street takes work off my plate with their easy to use turnkey products that are user friendly and our clients love the feedback they receive.

Cons

At the moment I have not found anything I don't like about this software.

Jezyca from The Daily Sentinel

Industry: Newspapers

Second Street in a small town

We have generated great attention and success with our first contest. I'm very excited to launch the second mid-March!

Pros

How easy the turnkeys are to use! I have an idea and can EASILY execute the contest or promotion through Second Street's platform.

Cons

I have ZERO complaints! Everything about Second Street is wonderful!

Advertising Director Of Sales

They are very proficient with contesting and easy to work with. The customer service side is right up there with the best of them. They educate on the process along with the partnership.

Pros

Easy reporting and ease of use. I have been using them for years.

Cons

None at this time. I feel for what services they offer they do a splendid job in their field.

LaToya from Pine Bluff Commercial

From a non-tech person

Second Street is our go-to for online promotions!

Pros

The software has a lot of inspiring ideas to try for revenue. The company has great people working there. They always help me when I don't understand how to do something, and to show us the best ways to maximize advertising to get more revenue.

Cons

I don't have a complaint. They are always helpful. I can see other or past promotions for help as well.

Walt from BrnComm

Excellent support

Very positive. We are using Second Street for audience engagement and emails.

Pros

The support and training are great. The Second Street Lab provides a lot of tools.

Cons

Nothing yet. There haven'T been any issues.

Reasons for Choosing Second Street

Ease of use. The Lab.

Becca from KOAA

User Friendly

Pros

Second Street is easy to use and the navigation is simple.

Cons

It can be confusing to set up a new audience segment within the email features.

Katie from Morgan Murphy Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

Promotional Dollars Await YOU!

Second Street is a GREAT way to get promotional dollars from your traditional clients. Use these opportunities to position yourself as marketing consultant on their team!

Pros

Ease, Efficient, Flow … when time is of the essence, software needs to be working WITH you and not against you.

Cons

Not one at this time … I'm sure as the year progresses we will see efficiencies that could be made smoother, but right now we're going with the flow and have no complaints.

Sonia from NCWV Media

Industry: Newspapers

The Best Customer Service...EVER!

Pros

I like how easily it is to use. And all of the revenue generating ideas they provide is also a plus!

Cons

The 'pickem side of the contest could be a little bit easier to use.

Rebecca from Daily American

Easy!

Excellent

Pros

Easy to use and we get good results on our projects.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this software.

LaToya from Pine Bluff Commercial

SO HELPFUL

Pros

It is fun to learn. The support of everyone makes it easy to create ideas.

Cons

I do not have any cons. If it's anything I don't understand or just can't launch correct, they are always there to lend his or her expertise.