• Pros

• "It is easy to use and configure. Tons of great features. Amazing support and staff. Support base is fantastic with their knowledge base, videos, blogs and resources."

• "Love the UI, the simplicity of the setup, the training / onboarding videos, and the ease-of-use. It's a great tool. Also, the visual template builder is great. "

• "It integrates with everything, it has the best pricing tier, it's easy to use. Perfection."

• Cons

• "Dashboard UI could be better. It is little difficult to first get started and to be familiar with. But once you start sending emails it become easy."

• "I wish the html editor was easier to use but it gets the job done."

• "Not much that we do not like about this software. The editing feature might be a little more user friendly, but once you get your first template right, it is easy to cut an paste. "

Browse SendGrid Reviews

Oscar from XCS SERVICIOS PROFESIONALES C.A

The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails.

I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful. It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP. The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly . Recommended with closed eyes.

Pros

1. Have AB Testing enable. 2. Manage unsubscribe emails. 3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP. 4. Email Reputation indicator. 5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered. 6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Cons

Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse. No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

His API have a good documentation and it's easy to implement. The free forever plan . The Price it's low in comparison with the competitors.

Andrew from Amazing Business

Great for easy bulk email sending

Sending emails without having to manually manage and handhold them through the process.

Pros

Easy to connect up and set up delivery of email, handles any bounces, spam reports, link tracking and continually trying to deliver. Allows set up of email authentication including SPF, DKIM and DMARC.

Cons

Sometimes things fail and can take a while to get to the bottom of, some of the reporting feels lack lustre and limited given the volume of emails we send. Support has at times been slow to get back to us, although they always do come back with answers.

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

Had used it previously for a large scale operation.

SendGrid gets emails delivered to the inbox!

A good experience and we will continue to use, must easier to setup than other competitors.

Pros

SendGrid is a great solution for sending emails that must arrive in the users inbox. We use SendGrid

Cons

Abuse and Spam reports were a little confusing to begin with but we found a solution to that to keep our email lists clean and delivery rates high.

Pedro from Industry Pathways

The worst customer support ever

I had sendgrid free, then I upgraded to the basic. After the shared IP has been blocked many times due to spam, I decided to go to a dedicated IP address. $89/month (really expensive for the service). I send around 500 emails/day for my learners. The server wasn't sending it, it was sending only 100 emails. as it had a limit of requests. I tried to contact their support service and it was terrible, no help at all. Then, I added some of my IPs to the whitelist, unfortunately I had to change my home IP and I got blocked from sendgrid, after over 2 weeks trying to access it and adding IP, they haven't helped me or given me a proper reply. Not only I could not send emails, I cant access my account, neither I can cancel. I had ti sign up with Amazon SES, and now my life is great! Terrible support, the worst so far, cant even cancel and get a refund =/

Pros

Free trial easy api integration cheap and good user interface

Cons

terrible support expensive hard to talk to someone

used in the past

easier better support

Mohammad Iqbal from MIKS Company

Send Grid - Review

I am benefiting by using Send Grid for sending email alerts to the users of our applications via email for their preferred choices of information. The overall experience with Send Grid is great in technicalities and features however seeks improvement in response time by customer services.

Pros

A free plan is the most attractive thing they offer. Their free plan is for life long tenure. It is easy to integrate the Send Grid with almost any software. It offers a choice to integrate using their API or connect through SMTP. Their dashboard and reports are very detailed.

Cons

It seeks improvement in multiple areas like customer services, business intelligence and error messages. There user interface also confuses sometime.

SendGrid Review

It is fine--we continue to use it and at the end of the day the emails get delivered. It is just not super practical or intuitive. To get the full benefits I had to get a professional guy who knows HTML to help me to design and send the emails (and I am very savvy with technology).

Pros

This software has better features than competitors and email campaigns seem to reach out to more people. the templates provided are useful.

Cons

The Challenge with this app is that every little improvement that you want to make to your process is going to cost you more money. So although it starts being cheaper than competitors, by the time you add the reporting, stats, more emails you end up paying the same or more. Unless you pay extra you will not see the results of your email campaign, that is a big con, and you don't realize this until you have imported thousands of people and have invested a lot of hours creating your lists. Since you get a lot of free features when you first sign-in "as a trial period" by the time they remove them you are all in!

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

Came highly recommended by others in my industry.

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

I thought Mailchimp was too expensive and someone highly recommended SendGrid

Warren from WP Engine

Send Grid Is Best For Email

Pros

Send Grid not only helps route emails though my site but it is very compatible with WordPress and is very reliable when getting my emails to send out to clients.

Cons

There have been a few times I have had to reconfigure my Send Grid Plugin to my site. I feel like there is a disconnect between the servers IP and the response from my WordPress site.

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

Wanted to try a new highly recommended product from a fellow college.

Vlad from Respect.Studio

Email Marketing & Delivery service that worth it

Affordable Email Marketing & Delivery tool with rich variety of integrations and customization.

Pros

Rich on functionality, flexible pricing plans, good deliverability rates, API

Cons

Marketing plans are mostly for the newsletters and it lacks the built-in CRM-like system. But it can be fixed by third-party platforms via integrations.

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

Affordable and open pricing plans, numbers of third-party/Zapier integrations

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

Poor delivery rates and lack of customization

Great solution for sending compliant email campaigns

We wanted to send email blast campaigns and drip campaigns from Clickfunnels this was a great solution to use for our SMTP settings.

Pros

There are a few ways to take advantage of Sendgrid. Having an API to plugin to third-party apps is great or you can create a complete email campaign right in Sendgrid.

Cons

Setup can be a bit daunting if you are not familiar with mail protocols.

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

I had read some good reviews and looked over the website to make sure it would fit our needs.

Jonathan from MyBodyTutor

An affordable choice for transactional emails with one flaw

Overall, the experience was solid. Price and customer service were great. Unfortunately, the spam and email block issue was a deal breaker.

Pros

The pricing is great. Easy to use API with lots of documentations. Their user interface is straightforward. The customer service has always been pretty quick to get back to me. It's a popular service with a lot of integrations available.

Cons

I was a happy user of Sendgrid for a long time, but emails sent with the service always went to the spam folder for Microsoft email services (Outlook, Hotmail, MSN). This could never seem to get resolved, even with a dedicated IP that they offered. Then recently, Microsoft started blocking the emails. I found out this was because a spammer had used their service and got the shared IP blacklisted. They were unable to help me resolve it swiftly, so I had to leave the service, because we have a lot of people who use Microsoft email services.

Abigail from The Growth Metric

An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software

The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance

Pros

1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam. 2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks, Unsubscribes, Spam Reports, Bounces, Blocks, Bounce Drops, Spam Report Drops, Unsubscribe Drops and Invalid Emails. SendGrid also provides stats such as: Global Stats, Category Stats, Category Comparison, Subuser Stats, Subuser Comparison, Geographical, Email Clients & Devices, Mailbox Provider Stats, Mailbox Provider Comparison, Browser Stats, and Browser Comparison 3. A/B Testing 4. Unsubscribe Groups: This is without doubt my favorite feature from SendGrid. When you click on "Marketing" on the left side of your dashboard, and select tour from the drop down, it sort of lists steps to set up for sending marketing emails. Step 3 on the list of things to do is to create unsubscribe groups. Here you can Create groups that represent types of email that you regularly send to your recipients. If a recipient chooses to unsubscribe, they will have the option of selecting which of these groups they want to unsubscribe from.

Cons

1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste. I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on the side columns, with the write up in the center column. However, that couldn't be done (At least so far it seems so as I can't find any option to tweak the size/width of each column) as each column has an equal width. 2. No automation function: I'd like to create a sort of If/Then sequence where I can resend an email to a group of people after x days, for example, I'd like to resend an email (With a different heading of course) to people who have not opened the first email after four days.

Zee from The App Solutions

If you're tight on the budget...

It did what we needed it to do, so that was good. We used it for over a year for monthly newsletters, but as soon as our marketing budget allowed it, we switched to MailChimp.

Pros

It did work and it did send the email newsletters that we needed it to. Therefore, it wasn't a complete waste of money :D Compared to many other options for email marketing, SendGrid was one of the cheapest options (except for sending the newsletters manually through one's email) and that was one of the reasons why we went with it.

Cons

It's got a lot of features, but they feel half-baked (I'm sorry, but they do.) For example, you can unsubscribe those whose emails have bounced or who unsubscribed. But in order to do that, you need to download those lists, then upload them to a special list you can call "unsubscribes" or whatever, and then, right after you've imported this list, you delete it - along with associated accounts. THIS deletes the people who bounced from your lists. Seriously?! The annoying thing was the styling within the newsletter. I am a perfectionist, so all text sizes and everything should be consistent. However, SendGrid kept changing the styles of my text and I had to choose "Normal" several times (even after copy-pasting the text from Notepad that doesn't support formatting AT ALL). And if you click on "Edit HTML" (which I often do because it's a fast way to clean away all the annoying tags), SendGrid would convert my block to HTML and would have an entirely different set of styles for it. Also, the support pages were written for someone who is native to this SendGrid thing and not a newbie. Despite doing email marketing for years, I had a hard time understanding what I need to do.

Anatoly from Carevoyance

Industry: Information Services

SendGrid offers a great transactional email API, but deliverability & support issues hold it back

Easy integration into our platform and deliverability metrics. Dedicated IP, if you pay for it.

Pros

We use SendGrid for transactional emails, such as welcome messages & notifications. Generally, SendGrid offers great tools to integrate emails into a variety of different application platforms and programming languages. We really like its level of detail when checking on the status of emails. Sendgrid is also free for basic transactional emails, which makes it easy to try and ensure it will work with your application. We use a third-party library called Nodemailer with Sendgrid, so switching from a different service to Sendgrid was trivial.

Cons

While the service is easy to use and offers comprehensive email activity metrics, there are a few things about it we didn't like. First, because the free tier uses shared IPs, we consistently had emails that wouldn't get delivered because of IP blocks. There were a handful of IPs that we had that experience with, and it persisted for weeks -- without any support intervention. Sendgrid must have deliverability metrics on their side as well, so I am surprised they didn't drop these IPs from their IP pool proactively. We had to upgrade to the PRO plan, which was the least expensive plan that had a dedicated IP. We also had to pay extra for 30 days of email history, you get 3 days by default. I'd love to see all these options be a-la-carte, but I get that you need to make revenue somehow, and few companies send enough emails to justify jumping to the next paid plan -- unless you NEED that deliverability guarantee that you get w/ dedicated IPs, which we did.

Sendgrid shines on mass mailing, but lacks some required features

Transactional email

Pros

Sendgrid is ready for your scale. From the smallest Saas apps to the largest enterprises, Sendgrid was built with scale in mind. It handles transactional emails very well, and is relatively simple to integrate into your codebase or product workflow. Templates come out of the box, but some coding knowledge is needed to style transactional emails. All templates can be easily versioned. Concerns on security and blacklisting are limited. As long as you follow their recommendations, Sendgrid will deliver your email. Pricing is very fair and generous. In years of use, I've never gone over a plan limit.

Cons

Functionality can be limited in interesting ways depending on your plan. On the most basic paid plans, several code features are just missing. Reporting is the most glaring issue, with basic reporting showing only a rolling group of recently sent emails. Without a deeper dive into your logs, you may miss issues. Transactional emails also lack some features that seem required, like weblinks for email and easy native unsubscribe. There are workarounds for both, but not without challenges. Version tracking for templates is also completely missing, unless you use new versions for each edit you make.

Matt from nurango

Best Transnational Email App

We use Sendgrid to send emails from our website and our SaaS applications. This allows us to send emails without worrying about local security surrounding SMTP servers and maintaining the servers and services around email. We love them for their free plan as well as it allows us to test and deploy without road blocks.

Pros

The easy integration with their API and out of box integration with dozens of third parties. Easy to use SMTP gateway service and amazing free to start plan.

Cons

Office365 now blocks most of Sendgrids IP ranges which makes delivery difficult in some cases. You can how ever upgrade to a dedicated IP and this isn't an issue with their software. Other than that, have more than 1 api user on the entry plan would be great but what can I complain about..

Pricing.

Abel from ThriveNaija

We use Sendgrid for many things

It's simply pleasant and we're still with them for the simplicity. That can't be over emphasized.

Pros

Two things actually. The transactional email software was what we started with and it was exceptional. The emails were fast and delivered promptly. That made us try the email Marketing feature and we eventually dumped Mailchimp for it. You can have as much as 1000 free subscribers and send 6000 emails per month, not as much as Mailchimp is offering but it gets the job done and we love the simplicity, are there cons? Yes, and I'll get to that shortly. Sendgrid also takes security seriously and never lets you rest until you've turned on two factor authentication even when I'm sure my account is not in that much of a threat, simply not bad.

Cons

Mostly on the email marketing part cause that's what we use more often. The pricing isn't small business friendly and you'd have to pay more to access essential features like automation, not great, you'd have to pay more for that. Dedicated IP, that I get, but automation not available on the basic paid package is kind of a kicker but with email marketing ROI, its probably a great investment but then again, we do make do without it. The software doesn't work well on all browsers and devices sometimes, it happened to us at some point but I reckon its been fixed.

Mauro from Script di Bresolin Mauro

Very simple

Pros

Send massive mail with this service is very simple

Cons

Maybe the price for thousands mail in a month is too expensive.

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

it's a product ready for use

Mailjet is less expensive

Daniel from Klein Consulting

HORRIBLE customer support

I was a happy customer until July 2020, when suddenly my account was locked "for compliance reasons". I am not a spammer, I only used Sendgrid to relay email to my customers (who want all the email I relay to them). When I was locked, and then summarily terminated, I had no recourse. I provided lots of evidence that I was not a spammer, but the compliance team did not speak with me at all. Customer support took 25 DAYS to respond to my initial ticket, then cut me off 6 days later (no warnings, no recourse, just shut down). What is worse is that my customers discovered that every email they had that had a link in it, had the link rewritten to be a Sendgrid redirect URL. And since they terminated my account, this meant that my customers could not click on those links any more, and their emails were being held hostage. I tried for 2 weeks to get in touch with them (trouble tickets, emails, and phone calls) and never got a reply to anything. This is a TERRIBLE company to do business with.

Pros

It was easy to set up, and worked perfectly until it didn't; then, customer support was non-existent.

Cons

Customer support does not answer emails. Compliance team does not speak with me, I could not determine what I had done wrong. They simply left me in the lurch, and held my email hostage.

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

I moved from IBM Cloud to Google Cloud, and hosting my own email servers was no longer an option, so I picked Sendgrid. That was an awful mistake.

Angelica from Netmundo

This is a must-have.

They have been amazing, support is fast and helpfull. I don't remember having any downtime with them ever since I joined the service.

Pros

Sendgrid has an awesome service for email marketing and transactional emails. It works 100% of the time, the support is amazing and it even gives you a free plan that will serve most people.

Cons

The price for email marketing (contacts) is a bit too high for me. It could be packed with way more interesting features. Also the editor sucks and it never sends the mail like it shows on the screen. But I do not use this feature.

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

Mandrill was only available to Mailchimp users.

Si tú eres el desarrollador y necesitas enviar correos o mensajes, esta es una gran opción.

En general cuando trabajo con sengrid hago las plantillas y solo agrego en código la llamada al api de sengrid para utilizar esas plantillas nuevas donde las necesito, o en su defecto entro en alguna plantilla para editar o cambiar el tamaño de texto o tipo de letra. Pero en general, una vez configurado todo, no hay que hacerle casi nada al código que maneja sengrid; es una sensación muy agradable el saber que si la implementación es la correcta (y documentada) no hay que volver a re trabajar en el proceso de envíos de emails.

Pros

La implementación en tecnologías como la son .net core y .net 4.5 es increíblemente amigable, no hay forma de que siguiendo el simple tutorial en la misma página web de sengrid puedas terminar confundido; simplemente agregas el nuget desde visual studio, agregas en tu código (o haces una clase genérica), las llaves necesarias que te proporcionan a través de tu perfil como más. Puedes agregar tu url y datos de empresa para evitar que tus correos terminen como spam en el correo de tus clientes. Además, la forma en que se pueden editar las plantillas y sustituir ciertos bloques del contenido por texto o algún otro dato que generes en código es también muy sencillo y cómodo.

Cons

En ocasiones la IU de la interfaz de la edición de las plantillas para en estado “Legacy” es lenta, y en algunos casos el generador de plantillas (el nuevo) se cofunde un poco en el orden de los componentes según se arrastran a la pantalla, pero con un poco de practica se le agarra el chiste.

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

Yo cuando entre a trabajar donde laboro ya lo utilizaban y me encanto la forma en que funciona, ahora que soy el encargado de un proyecto nuevo, en cuanto supe que tendríamos enviar emails a nuestros clientes supe inmediatamente que usaría sengrid.

Ryan from Fomo

Long time customer with 15+ active accounts

SendGrid was the first to market and has grown more and more powerful over the years, while keeping pricing low and even free pending your needs. Excited to continue plugging it into my side projects and companies.

Pros

I've used SendGrid for years. They have a 1-click "provision" feature inside the Heroku app store that starts at $0 /month until you hit profit-worthy volume (10k+ emails /month). The API for sending transactional emails is great, however I have not tried their email marketing feature. I'm such a big SendGrid fan, in fact, that I built a free SendGrid analytics tool that generates reports for other customers (+ myself) to send better transactional emails: https://lesstransactional.com.

Cons

While building our free SendGrid analytics tool, it became apparent that the "Email Activity" API has a much lower rate limit (ie 10 requests per 5 minutes) than the regular sending APIs. This required us to make restrictive changes to the app at the last minute, and their support team was unwilling to increase the rate limit for our use case.

David from Flywheel

Great email service for offloading website form emails from web hosting services

SendGrid is a great solution if sending emails from your website is critical to your business. It gives you the functionality to inspect and see what emails are being sent and to secure your emails using various security standards (ie. SPF, DKIM, etc).

Pros

Often web hosts have email limits for websites and your contact forms or orders from your site can be shut off without warning. Using SendGrid means you can control your email services from your website and see what emails are being sent and whether they are being delivered. The SendGrid console allows you to view what emails are bouncing and which aren't being delivered (ie. fake email addresses), etc. Also SendGrid support is really great as well and will assist with how to go about securing your email using Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) (or their similarly named solution of this).

Cons

With you could inspect the email bodies within the SendGrid console. Unfortunately you can only search on the email subject, dates, etc, but not the email bodies.

Jordan from Revetize

Sendgrid is great

Was great for sending transactional, automated emails. API integration with my app was a breeze.

Pros

Cons

I ended up switching to Mailgun just to test things out - and honestly, they're both pretty amazing, but I stuck with Mailgun because (at least at the time I switched) they had a more generous "free" plan. Sendgrid is great though!

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

Well, I do use both still, but probably use Mailgun more honestly - just because they have a more generous "Free" tier. But Sendgrid is just as good, honestly.

Alicia from Vinco Orbis Proyectos SA de CV

We use and recommend Sendgrid for everything

We develop software and often have to send transactional emails, sendgrid helps us protect our domain for SPAM complaints and also provides great tracking information for the emails we send.

Pros

My favorite feature are the logs, we can always find information about a malformed email, a bounce an unsubscription, etc. I also like the ease of use and the ability to admin several domains under the same account.

Cons

I don't think I have any specific dislikes.

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

Price was definitely the driving decision.

Prashant from Tokopedia

Best ESP provider so far

Yes for product I liked, for team, not so much.

Pros

We used Sendgrid for our Email Marketing. I loved the technology, the cost was okay and easy to implement. It also optimized to reach user inbox instead of spam. It could also be integrated to CRM of your choice which team liked.

Cons

The support, I mean, if you are paying $100,000 an year, we expect a dedicated person, which was not available. Even the sales team felt like more to make sales than worry about use case or team.

Tech capabilities.

Ruth from Ada Bible Church

We use SendGrid to send emails from our database. It does a fabulous job!

They consistently send out my emails and help us comply with the CAN-SPAM act. They help us make sure people are getting the emails they want but not the ones they don't. I can't imagine trying to manage our emails without them.

Pros

It sends emails from our database. The set up for that was extremely easy, and as a non-profit, the pricing is extremely affordable. It allows us to see general statistics for our emails as well as monitor whether a specific recipient actually opened a specific email or clicked on it. It also notifies us if someone clicks spam or unsubscribes so we can remove them from our database. It's easy to monitor what is happening to our emails. When we were somehow blacklisted by AT&T, we were able to catch that quickly and get it resolved.

Cons

SendGrid campaigns is a little difficult to work with. Also, their unsubscribe groups doesn't seem to work as well as I would like. It is difficult to know exactly what categories of email people are wanting to receive.

SendGrid is a reliable email platform.

I have been using SendGrid for the last two years. It is very easy to use. You can design your mail or edit the SendGrid templates. Also there is a code editor. So you can make changes in the code. So you can change the style or make it responsive by writing media query. So you don't have to be bothered about the design issues in sending a mail. Also marketing mails can be send to list of users just by a button click. There are many features which helps you in email marketing and automated email delivery. Thank you team for this wonderful product.

Pros

SendGrid is the best email delivery platform I have ever used. I am a developer and to send automated mails from website was a major concern for me. But using SendGrid I can easily send mail. APIs is easily available and you can design your mail just by some drag and drop. Also there are many templates available in SendGrid. You can just edit the templates and add your images just by uploading to SendGrid photo gallery. Transactional mail templates can be created by desin or code. This is the main attractive part in SendGrid. Also you can upload your users base and send mail to multiple users just by a button click. So SendGrid can be easily used for marketing purpose. So I will say, this is a best option for email delivery service.

Cons

Even if SendGrid is easy, for a beginner it is a little confusing. Because you will not know where to design your template in transactional or legacy . But once you are familiar with it, SendGrid is the best.

Esra from V-Count

Awesome software!

We send approximately 300K emails per month and Sendgrid made this job very easy for us. I strongly recommend this software.

Pros

We needed an email server provider for our web application and my friend recommended me Sendgrid 3 years ago. We are still using it without any problem. Our Pro 300K plan gives us a clean, dedicated IP address so our automatic emails don't end up in Spam folders. You can observe the email's journey and get various analytics on how many emails are delivered, how many people have opened, how many clicks etc. Our marketing team also started to use Sendgrid to send newsletters. It is very easy to manage contact lists and subscriptions. Customer support is great. They helped a lot whenever we have a question or problem. API documentation is clean and thorough.

Cons

Website menu structure is a bit complicated and left menu fonts are faded. It is hard to read the menu elements. It's color should be darker.

Jeffrey from Well Beyond Care

Super outgoing email platform

Love this software, and just upgraded to a paying using from the freemium <3

Pros

Super easy to implement through their API. Use it extensively in our day-to-day notificatons.

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

My integration team suggested it due to its great API and free startup costs.

Awesome Marketing platform for client/customer communication.

As a developer, I have used it to integrate with the app I was building for feedback of users and SendGrid played a huge role in that. They have a nice dashboard that shows all the marketing and email data and they also have some cool settings for the developers to make it connected with their own website. Overall I would say Its very nice software You could be taking into consideration when it comes to marketing emails to your customers or clients.

Pros

They have some awesome features that make it standstill among other software such as you can send the same marketing or feedback email to all the clients in that database and record the response through it to see what customers are thinking about your product. It's also good for developers to integrate with a website as it has very nice and clean API documentation which allows developers to use it across their website.

Cons

Some of the features from development are very hard to understand and integrate to the website. A person with zero knowledge of this software has to go through the documentation to see what's happening. Also, in the free plan, they give very few free email transactions which can be increased to make it more popular and small businesses can use it without any cost but again pricing and features are their choice.

Robert from Grant & Associates Web Service

SendGrid Review

Our business Server is located with GoDaddy and their email delivery service is basically Black Listed which was a real problem for our mass mailer. We found SendGrid and decided to Port our Server's emails delivery via them. We ordered a dedicated IP address and our mailing have been flawless in delivery providing all the data one would need to manage email deliveries and an manage delivery to keep from being accused of spamming or popping up on Black Listings. If we have any issues or questions customer service is always there for us. Thanks for your business, RG Grant & Associates Web Service Your Window to the World Wide Web webmaster@grantweb.com

Pros

For a mail delivery service SendGrid provides all all the data and options a customer could ask for. Customer Service is one of the best. Courtesy and knowledgeable they are one of the few companies I actually enjoy speaking with.

Cons

None to speak of. Customer Service is always on the top of their game providing Superior service whenever it's needed.

A good fit for our startup

Overall, it is a great email API service that boosted our business and helped us to gain traction

Pros

We liked the fact that we could start with a free tier and when we grew and knew we had a good business transform our account to a PRO plan

Cons

1. The BI capabilities could be much improved. 2. Sometimes there are weird errors, like if you have duplicates in the TO field.

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

We got a generous free tier

Paul from SC Zwagerman IT

Reliable and cheap solution for use with your Google Cloud engine

Simple to setup, validate your domain, create some dns recorders and tell your mta to send the email to sendgrid API. Awesome, no maintenance nothing :-)

Pros

After installing a server in the google cloud, we found that you may not send email directly from the machine. They offered SendGrid, which allowed me to easily setup my mailserver to send email via their platform. This service gives you have all the options, send from your domain, using DKIM, using SPF and more, even you can track your messages if they were opened with a pixel kind of solution. Never I had an email not arrived, not send nor rejected with the proper plan for my one man business. You can also use it for marketing, only I never used this, but if you are looking for a reliable solution SendGrid is there to send your email.

Cons

In the version that you may only send up to 10.000 emails per month, kind of free version, you are using a pool of ip-adresses which are sometimes listed on a bl, but then simply contact the support to tell them about it, they will fix it for you! Be sure you setup DKIM and the other techniques in the proper way and you can enjoy there service nicely.

Send Effective Email Marketing Campaigns

SendGrid allows us to effectively and efficiently email market to a large database of B2B and B2C subscribers. It can be incredibly beneficial in reaching your target markets at the right time and the right place.

Pros

SendGrid gives you the power to email market more effectively, regardless of your skill level. Whether you are looking to custom build your HTML templates, or would like to build out their standard templates, SendGrid offers an intuitive software to help you improve your marketing efficiency. The platform also makes it easier to build more comprehensive distribution lists, and allows you to target your messaging to the right people at the right time.

Cons

The only limiting factor of SendGrid is the fact that the tiered pricing may not make sense for all business models. It would be nice to have more notifications with regard to deliverability/reputation issues that occur.

Robson from Amplifique.me

If you need send e-mails, use SendGrid

SendGrid helps my business to all my transactional emails be delivered as soon as possible.

Pros

E-mail Tracking: sent, bounce, opens and clicks. SendGrid capture all this data for your transaction email, you just had to set up your webHook and It's done. Transactional Templates: Is very easy create e-mail template for your SaaS using SendGrid. I know that SendGrid offers Marketing and Campaigns mails, but I didn't use this service yet.

Cons

Sometimes I had problem with IP of my Server Send Email.

Template Tools

Ramindu from Virtusa Corporation

Integrate serverless email functionality in to your applications, fast.

SendGrid enabled my team to build in email sending capabilities in to our applications within a very short period of time through a very simple API integration.

Pros

SendGrid provides the ability to configure and set up a programmatic email service with your applications through the integration of a simple RESTful web service API. It is super easy to set up and manage, and also provides comprehensive reporting on how each email was sent and processed. It allows you to bypass the conventional arduous process of setting up your own mail server.

Cons

I encountered some downtime and unsent emails when working with SendGrid, but more recently these problems seem to have been fixed effectively.

Ease of integration

Reliable SMTP Solution with Highly Intuitive API

Overall, SendGrid has saved my business countless hours of setup and has been 100% consistent with its email delivery success rate using their SMTP services.

Pros

The most notable aspect of SendGrid is it's ease of setup. If you are looking for a reliable SMTP solution without having manually route your mail through your personal email account, then don't take the time to look for another solution. SendGrid has an insanely easy implementation process regardless of what platform you are developing on. My personal experience with the official Wordpress integration has been nothing short of incredible.

Cons

The developer docs with the node.js implementation could be a bit more expanded. I was slightly bummed out that there was not an dead simple guide for my react application, but after a bit of digging I was able to get what I needed from additional sources.

Reece from ColdCast

As Advertised

I used SendGrid for a couple of years and found my experience to be aoslid and hassle-free. Some emails would get dropped but that was very rare.

Pros

SendGrid is a solid email management service which I would recommend to anyone just getting started with large-scale email sending. They have a wide selection of excellent tools, great support and a nicely designed website.

Cons

Some tools are a little hard to find and understand. It might improve with better navigation and documentation.

SendGrid has better API.

Aravind from ZoomRx

Using sendgrid for the last 5 years

Pros

We have integrated sendgrid API. They provide us with good email deliverability which is a key factor for us. The stats about the email campaigns they send are near accurate and we can trust them. We also use an alternate service provider just to make sure that emails blocked by sendgrid are delivered through that provider. Sendgrid also provides us with interesting articles via their insiders program. I found that insightful and engaging. We can get opinions from experts in the area there.

Cons

If you are planning to reach out to recipients who have opted in to receive emails, then sendgrid works best. If you are planning to send marketing emails to anyone who didn't subscribe with you chose another email service provider.

Kevin from SpringAhead

Great SMTP email service that checks all the boxes

Overall SendGrid has been a very solid solution for sending our product related emails. We have been using SendGrid for many years now and haven't run into issues, once it was setup we just left it alone and have sent thousands of emails over time.

Pros

SendGrid is a very reliable solution for sending emails via SMTP or via their API. We have experienced great deliverability of our emails as well as excellent reliability with their service. SendGrid has good pricing as well and can handle sending a large number of emails without a high cost.

Cons

The initial setup took a bit of time, it wasn't entirely clear how to authenticate with SendGrid - the documentation was a mix between explaining normal SMTP email sending and sending via the API and it wasn't always clear which they were referring to.

Rocky from Mirasee

Our email client backup

piece of mind!

Pros

My course site sends about 50,000 emails a year, containing important information like login/passwords, due dates for content, and other time-sensitive things. Instead of relying on my marketing email client (which can end up in the promotions tabs, or users can mark as spam), my course emails are sent by SendGrid, and always land in the Primary box, because of it's incredibly relevant material. And it just works. It was easy to hook it up to my website, and quickly test.

Cons

It's not a email client. It's more of a backbone, that you use another piece of software to build the emails. Which is fine for my use case, since the course site builds the email, and SendGrid sends the email out to my student.

Sharon from CYS Inc.

Industry: Photography

The perfect tool for email building

Overall Sengdrid is a great tool that connects to a wide range of online tools. Their email building allows you the flexibility to code and customize your emails without the limitations of a builder. With new updates to their platform, the service keeps improving and providing new options like automated marketing emails.

Pros

This is a wonderful tool to build emails. Unlike other email services I've used before this one allows more flexibility when building emails by coding my own designs. It is also a lot more affordable for companies who send thousands of emails a month compared to other email services.

Cons

The Sendgrid plugin for WordPress had some sort of bug that makes my website not load, I uninstalled it and instead used their SG Widget

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

Sendgrid integrated with our new CRM

Patrizia from Patrizia Gacioppo

It's great but needs small corrections

Sendgrid is an efficient tool for email marketing. It allows sending emails with a high rate of delivery and very low bounce one thanks to its reliability. It is really convenient!

Pros

There are different templates ready to use to create your marketing campaigns. If you don’t find a template that fits your needs you can laying out yours using the design editor or the code one. With regards to the design editor, you can set up an appealing template only by dragging and dropping the modules available on the tollbar placed on the left side of the page. The code editor allows writing the custom html code of your layout. Sendgrid offers an A/B test function to test the effectiveness of different texts, images, objects, and so on. Checking the insights you could easily choose the most performing email you created. After composing an email you can send different email tests (with no limits) to multiple recipients. Schedule option available. You can switch from desktop to mobile view in just a click. You can update your contact lists and organize them by segmenting the users. On the homepage you can see your reputation calculated according to the percentage of bounced emails and spam reports you got in your campaigns. The reports and the insights collected by the tool are really useful, reach and detailed.

Cons

The design editor and the coed one are not synchronized. If you create your template on the design editor and then edit it in the code one you might lose many formatting options. Sometimes you can’t undo your actions.

Easy Email Relay Service

Pros

I know SendGrid has a lot more to offer than I actually use. I have it linked up with a database program and use it as a relay service for sending emails. It has been a solid service. There have been a few times I've had to get in touch with customer service for some help, and they were responsive and helpful.

Cons

Being on the lowest tier, we end up sharing an IP with who knows who else, so our messages are sometimes flagged as spam and bounce because of their IP source. The price jump to the next level which would give us a dedicated IP is hard to justify - several times the price for what I'm guessing would be going from a 99.5% success rate to what would probably be about 99.9%.

SendGrid as a backbone

As CTO of SteerIO - a French startup which helps project managers monitoring their projects' health - I've been able to easily transform a rather complex international emails system to a fully integrated implementation. And SendGrid provides me all the options I need to reducing spam flags on my emails, securing and signing links and images I add in them, injecting variables in maintenable templates, etc.

Pros

SendGrid helps me on a daily basis with templating, delivering and monitoring emails. I've tested other solution and no one manages to provide essential features for marketing email campaigns and transactional emails with such an easy way. I'm pleased to verify each day how SendGrid has made bulk send of custom internationalized emails simple and robust.

Cons

SendGrid is a great product but I regret it does not allow me to see more than 3 days of sent emails' status without charging me for an extra. I'm also a little bit disappointed that checking emails' status (received, bounced, in spam, etc.) is only possible through their website and not directly from an API request.

Good Product -- Terrible Loyalty and Customer Support

For several years it was a very good experience. Then one month they started rejecting the credit card associated with the account. The fully admitted it was an error on the part of their clearinghouse and they would resolve it. They said to ignore any threats of shutting off service. Suddenly without warning, they did shut off relay service cutting access to over 20 websites. I scrambled to get the problem resolved with technical support but they could not, by policy, let me work directly with accounts. I was told I just had to wait. I finally got my company to supply another credit card for the account to get me moving again. Within a month, I had completely transferred all sites to another service provider and left SendGrid as a provider.

Pros

The reliability and deliverability of their SMTP services were very good.

Cons

Price. They began to price themselves out of the market. I see now that they have offered different plans. Support. If the issue wasn't technically related, there was no urgency on their part to solve the problem.

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid

At first, it was a good value for the money. In the end, I left because I could not rely on them when I needed their service the most.

Good Product, Not Great

Pros

-SendGrid has recently in the last year, come up with a better pricing model for its newletter service. Our E-mail service provider spend was cut in 1/2. -Easy to use. API is well put together and good for programmers. -Reporting is good. I can get to the information I want fairly quickly and easily.

Cons

- Lacking some features / integrations we'd like to see, like with social media platforms - We feel we significantly overpaid for services from SendGrid in the past, and nearly left SendGrid due to completely being unwilling to works with us in getting something back for that. - Web UI is still a little buggy. - Fixing bugs and new feature implementation seems slow

Ivan from Partner Nexus Inc.

Exceptional value for the money

We're sending all our app user communication via SendGrid (password resets, user communication, scheduling and reminders).

Pros

SendGrid is very easy to use and integrates with our product exceptionally well. Aside of all the automated and user-related emails that our application sends via SendGrid, I found it to be very useful for targeted email campaigns to track which users reviewed updated SOPs and training and so on. The support is great, when our account got hacked the were immediately on it.

Cons

SendGrid has recently reduced sending history to just 3 days, which is s bummer, because we were using history for monthly audits.

Harimohan from NIIT Technologies Limited

SendGrid - Easy configuration, Budgeted plans

Overall experience with SendGrid was good and fulfill our requirement for what we are searching.

Pros

SendGrid app is a great tool for any organization for their emailing solution in terms of marketing and transactional emails. SendGrid is very easy in configuration as minimum need for support documents. you can manage lots of things like white listing of domains and support IDs, email templates, reporting etc. Tech support is always available. there are multiple budgetary plan you can choose according to your requirement.

Cons

Improvement is always better than the things running as usual. so reporting system could have been better.

mevlana from Trendyol

Using sendgrid to send automated mails to your customer

I only tested and used sending automated email sending via python and java clients and these are awesome.

Pros

Specialization templates and sending them via code is so easy. It has very clear documentation and application clients

Cons

There was a little gap on templates and how to use them with sendgrid's client but it is nearly covered now.

Maturity level

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid

As the business grows, it might be better to use your own services such a task.