Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Easy to setup, use and customise. Australian software means it's great for billing and invoicing, budgetting, data stored in Australia, and local support."
  • icon"The software is pretty easy to use without instruction, and the reports and management are exactly what we wanted. The support service is incredibly good - fast, friendly and efficient."
  • icon"Easy to use and a great support team, the templates are fun and give a lot of ideas."
  • icon"Can't really thinking of anything I don't like about it at the moment."
  • icon"For non IT people sometimes understanding the various formats (eg HTML etc) can be difficult."
  • icon"WYSIWYG did not always worked. Questions when i hit troubles took a long time to solve or didn't come back with a response."

Have you used Vision6 and would like to share your experience with others?

All Vision6 Reviews

Cameron

Vision6

Pros

Cons

Would like to see more features, like transactional emails, and ability to export/retrieve a copy of the final html/message sent to a contact.

Reasons for switching to Vision6

Australian provider, local invoicing, data stored in Australia, local support, better value.

Jeffrey

email marketing

I was the person that put my company onto vision 6. I trained multiple people in how to use it and spent three years building bimonthly newsletters. We moved to marketto last year to send out emails and it's been even worse. I no longer do this in my job role but we have changed to a Microsoft product to send out our newsletters.

Pros

We used the email send out app between 2011 to 2017 • easy to use • logical layout • good price point

Cons

• needed a better metric system • system was a bit clunky in what we could do with templates • WYSIWYG did not always worked. • questions when i hit troubles took a long time to solve or didn't come back with a response.

Patrick

Great Aussie product with a local service team!!!

The customer support team is the best i have come across in the cloud market place. To have a phone number that you can phone and actually have a conversation with the support team is a massive help for a novice in this area!! Currently i am dealing with a CRM company, i have had 2 zoom.us sessions and i have signed up. When i sent them a email because there on line help / support didn't answer my question, i received a email to say bluntly we are sales people, we don't supply help, support or training. You need to go to this link and have a good read basically!!!

Pros

It ticks all the boxes from a marketing to current clients and prospects point of view. Its a Australian Company with a local support team, massive plus. Pricing is very reasonable given the upside for the client using there to product.

Cons

I would like to see on line help to reflect the "Kiss Principal,Keep It Simple Stupid" Step 1 you do this, Step 2 you do this etc. It may not look fancy on screen from a display point of view , but the average person using your system is flying blind when they first sign up, pressure is on to present to management/boss. Some videos to back this up will definitely help. Don't let the builders of the software have total say on how the help /support/training should look and feel, the support people are the best, because they actually use the software on a daily basis and interact with the users, not the builders.

Xavier

Great software with a supportive team to assist when i need support

Pros

New customers find it easy to navigate and use without need of too many instructions. A lot of features and ability to create great looking emails with the knowledge of HTML code writing. Nice template designs.

Cons

I feel like you need a degree to make automation work for you. Its great functionality but underutilised because it can get complicated. While pricing is competitive, it is still a bit more expensive then some others. The email drop and drag editor is great but i think it can be improved a bit so we can get a bit more creative without having to ask a coder to assist.

Michelle

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great customer support & partner arragement

We have been working with Vision 6 for over a decade and value them as a supplier and partner

Pros

We love that we can partner with Vision 6 and offer the system to our clients. There customer service is fantastic and they take and respond well to feedback. They also keep updating and improving the system so it remains a market leader.

Cons

Nothing specific to mention.

Lisa

Everything you could want and more.

Pros

Love using Vision6 for so many reasons. It's easy to use and intutive yet sophisticated at the samme time. In particular the advanced automation and data management features set it apart from competitiors in the market.

Cons

Like any SAS product, there are quirks that are easily worked around. Cant think of anything right now to be honest - so it cant be anything that major.

Jeewon

Useful and Easy

Easy. "Well we can always use vision6 to do it".

Pros

Easy for anyone to pick up and use. New staff can start using with short training and learning on the job. Template system is very useful.

Cons

Would really like to be able to group lists so that sending can be streamlined and footer unsub etc. links can be unified instead of having to individually create a setting for every single list.

Richard

Not the monkey

The WYSIWYG approach to edms make like MUCH easier when throwing together last minute urgent emails!

Pros

* Both template based, and fully customisable * Drag and drop * End product (email) doesn't look like a 'monkey' template

Cons

* More complex task integration (without having to export and reimport csv files) ie - resend to unopens * More detailed analytics (ie how did i filter the lists in this previously sent edm) * More comprehensive filtering options (there's no 'values between X and Y' as yet - ie postcode filtering)

Great tool but watch out for the costs

Pros

Best tool for designing engaging emails and marketing to help gain more customers. It uses SMS to reach out to people and every message is like a campaign. You can save the templates and constantly update and make them appealing with ease. The messages are sent to targeted people and can segment your lists. The free preview allows you to see how this will look.

Cons

The reporting tool is good but can be improved. There are free training opportunities but they are basic. The costs pile up when you make mistakes but the free trial seems ok.

Matthew

A dream for designers and email marketers.

I have used many of the EDM platforms over the last seven years and none come close to the usability for Vision6. WHat makes things even more exciting is the instant reporting upon deployment and that is still only scratching the surface of VIsion6's capability! Highly recommend — 5 stars.

Pros

Ability to easily produce stunning EDM's for my clients and partners.

Cons

The only speed bump I experienced was learning the new terminology. Tradition problems like learning a new UI was not an issue. Vision6 is very intuitive.

Rohan

Everything you need, with plenty under the hood.

I recommend Vision6 to all my clients (mainly because it makes my job easier), and will take it with me if I ever leave agency land for an in-house role.

Pros

I use it largely for basic stuff - just standard email newsletters. Extremely simple drag and drop interface and never had troubles with responsiveness across different devices.

Cons

I've banged my head against a wall a few times trying to get through some of the advanced automation, and occasionally I've found it hard to google my way out of a problem - but the support team is exceedingly responsive.

Michelle

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Secure, easy-to-use, great support

Easy-to-use, SPAM compliant, bug-free and reliable

Pros

The software is easy-to-use and doesn't have bugs and in the more than 10 years I have had an account, I can't remember the system ever going down!

Pete

Amazing tool

Has been really great. Support teams are fantastic as well.

Pros

Functionality and ease of use. It does what is required.

Cons

Changes/updates could be communicated better.

Duncan

Great product that allows me to effectively engage with my clients.

I like being able to send my clients a nice looking email, that is still from me but easier to manage. Its also great to be see who is opening my emails and when.

Pros

I love the embedded forms and ease of use of the design of the emails. The layout is easy to use and understand once you get to know it.

Cons

I think it is very important to have extra functionality around collecting big data on my contacts. Reporting functions that look at all my emails rather than by campaign only. ie. Being able to drill down but across emails, who always opens my emails, who never opens my emails so that I can target specific campaigns to specific people based on how they respond to emails. Another example. John smith always reads his emails at 6am, so I should be targeting him at that time to best get his attention. Also need A/B marketing campaign functions.

Vivian

APD Dept Review of Vision 6

Excellent - Has improved the quality of the communications we send out

Pros

Reporting Ease of use Intuitive Simply brilliant Love the fact that the subscription automatically updates as per contact numbers

Cons

Cannot find anything that I do not like about it