• icon"I really like the amount of documentation they provide to customize emails and templates. One great feature is that it'll change the attachments included depending on the individual or other rules."
  • icon"It also provides analytics and the amazing thing is that is GDPR friendly."
  • icon"Email templates are good in YAMM which are readily available to use. Email tracking is also a great feature where I can track the recipient's actions towards my emails."
  • icon"It is difficult to avoid getting blocked by anti-spam filters. You need to be very careful sending the emails."
  • icon"The user interface can take a little bit of getting used to. It's also a bummer that there is not a mobile-friendly solution."
  • icon"Pricing is a little convoluted, it was easy to set up individually, but a little frustrating as a business to purchase for multiple users."

Browse all Yet Another Mail Merge Reviews

• Have you used Yet Another Mail Merge and would like to share your experience with others?

Russell

Phenomenal mail merge tool for Gmail!

I'm pleased with YAMM because it allows me to pull data from existing Google Sheets and send customized emails using Gmail quickly!

Pros

There are a lot of mail merge options out there, but I think that YAMM is among the best for working with Gmail. We use G Suite (Google Apps) in our school system and this is the reason I love YAMM - it's so easy to set up and use if your familiar with the Google platform (specifically Google Sheets). All I have to do is create a Sheet with two columns - one for names and the other for emails. From there, when my email draft is ready, YAMM does all of the hard work for me! It's so simple, easy, and quick to send a lot of personalized emails. Since it works from Sheets, you also have the ability to filter names in the spreadsheet or create tabs for different purposes, which is extremely helpful if you have to send multiple, repeat emails throughout the year. YAMM also helps me collect data and track emails (opened, clicked, etc.). When consider mail merge options, I also think YAMM is one of the most cost efficient ways of doing it if you're wanting to use G Suite tools (unless you stick to mail merge through Windows applications). I cannot really speak to their customer support - never really used that - but they do offer great, simple, step-by-step instructions that are more than you need.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints. It's extremely simple to use and very time efficient. Some different pricing options would be helpful, I suppose. Perhaps they could build in pricing tiers depending on the need of the individual.

I love, love, love this tool!

Just plain, easy to use, easy to set up mail merge tools for G Suite.

Pros

YAMM is such a great tool. It's easy to set up and use. It's that simplicity that I really like. The free limits are generous and the paid version is worth the cost. Sure there are more robust or feature rich tools out there, but with YAMM you are up and running in 30 seconds.

Cons

As mentioned above, there are lots of other email marketing tools that have more features, but for day to day mail merge use cases, YAMM is great. I haven't used YAMM in a few months, so perhaps some new features have come on board to close that gap.

Response from Awesome Gapps

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to share with you that YAMM is the - #1 Google Sheets add-on - with 1Million+ users If it may interest you, we have the following new features added to YAMM in the past few months: - Unsubscribes are now auto-managed in YAMM https://sites.google.com/site/scriptsexamples/home/announcements/unsubscribes-auto-managed-in-yamm - new matching system to send personalized attachments https://sites.google.com/site/scriptsexamples/home/announcements/mail-merge-with-personalized-attachments I am sure you will enjoy reading our detailed articles on Data Policy & Privacy - to understand the level of respect for your privacy! https://support.yet-another-mail-merge.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000312213-Data-Security-Policy Also, couple of articles on how to integrate with Hubspot and SalesForce CRMs https://support.yet-another-mail-merge.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000313274-CRMs-Integration

Replied July 2018

Krishna

October 2022

Most economical email marketing tool for starters

Overall yet another mail merge is simple to use yet efficient email marketing tool for smaller businesses or freelancers. The pricing is so economical as compared to other tools

Pros

Yet another mail merge is so cheap and effective. Since it seems emails directly from Gmail or g suit the deliverability is relly good and quick.

Cons

The easy of starting an campaign, scheduling and deliverability if campaign are the speciality of yet another mail merge

Matthew

Great for the money and email delivery

I love it and I get good open/click through rate.

Pros

It is free unless you want access to the 400 emails per day at which point you have to pay a very low annual fee. The emails deliver directly to a recipients mailbox rather than going to promotional or similar.

Cons

It runs through gmail so if you have several bounces or failures to deliver then you can put your gmail account at risk. This means it is best to use an email verifying software before you send out any email.

A great to tool for beginner as well as intermediate user for running email campaigns

I am using YAMM for the last 1 year and 10 months, and the tool is helping us running email campaigns for awareness of our solutions and products as well as generating several leads for sales.

Pros

The smoothness of email push-outs and the tracking system is really nice

Cons

The customer support is not there while we are facing any issues.

Response from Talarian

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry you didn't get a good experience with our support which is really not normal. It would be very helpful if you could contact me so I can investigate better on what happened and fix it for the next time. Best

Replied July 2021

Tom

July 2022

Great, inexpensive, mail merge option with one hiccup

The service and support is excellent. It's incredibly straightforward what's going on, and being able to get test emails is wonderful. There is so much documentation about every aspect of managing a campaign and templating that I can't recommend it enough. I hope they've fixed the problem of users logged into Google with multiple accounts.

Pros

Drafting emails in GMail and having them show up in the plug-in when starting a merge from Google Sheets is incredibly easy. I really like the amount of documentation they provide to customize emails and templates. One great feature is that it'll change the attachments included depending on the individual or other rules.

Cons

After a few years this wouldn't show as connected to my account when I had multiple Google accounts registered. The only answer was to open the browser in incognito mode and log into Google again, which was a royal pain. Unfortunately, in the end, this led me to go to another service.

Reasons for choosing Yet Another Mail Merge

From a quick Google search YAMM had a lot of support from other users, and the cost was really inexpensive.

Ratko

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Such an amazing tool!

We send all our outbound emails with YAMM and we've implemented it in a company that uses it for all partnership, business development, sales and internal emails. They can't imagine their life without it - us included!

Pros

Best simple tool I found for email sending in bulk, without the need to use a special software - it's a simple add-on for Google Sheets which we already use for a lot of different things in our company. It has all the required features you'd need in a mail merge, or better, in a mail sendout - unlimited custom variables (values in the sheet) for text, URLs, attachments or similar, scheduled sends, sending to segments, follow-ups, etc. You can use YAMM for sales outreach, marketing emails, or simply internal company emails.

Cons

Tracking status isn't completely live, you need to run the sheets add-on to have it update the sheet with the latest email status - this is easy to forget so you get incorrect numbers if you don't run it manually.

Amazing solution for sending personalised emails

Pros

Yet Another Mail Merge is a great solution for sending personalised emails via gmail. Using a simple draft email and a spreadsheet with your contacts you're set to go. It also provides analytics and the amazing thing is that is GDPR friendly.

Cons

Actually I can't tell that there is something I don't like on YAMM. It's not a complete traditional email marketing service but is a great solution for sending personalised emails via gmail.

Great for mail merges that come directly from your Gmail account

I love using it. And I definitely recommend it for any other small business owners out there that want to send out mass emails that are customized through their Gmail accounts.

Pros

I love that with using this tool I can send out mail merges that don't come from an overtly mass mailing solution such as MailChimp or Constant Contact. all the emails look like they came directly from my Gmail account.

Cons

The user interface can take a little bit of getting used to. it's also a bummer that there is not a mobile-friendly solution.

September 2022

Must use tool for email automation

Amazing.

Pros

Its free daily email sending is more than enough for me.

Cons

nothing to say that can describe what I don't like.

Sapph

Affordable and easy way to send personalized emails with Gmail

This is a great, easy-to-use tool that lets you send personalized emails to a list of people (they receive it as an 1-on-1 email from you).

Pros

This is a great, affordable tool that does one thing and one thing really well: send mail merged (personalized) emails to a list of people. All you have to do is add your contact list to a Google Sheet, draft your email in Gmail and use YAMM to send them as 1-on-1 emails to everyone in the list. You can create additional columns in your spreadsheet for any word or phrase you want to personalize in the email for each contact (examples: first name, company name). YAMM also tracks email opens and clicks and provides you a report afterwards. Basically, if you need to email a list of people (prospects, customers, colleagues, etc.), YAMM is the way to go. Since the emails are sent from Gmail, they have much higher deliverability than ones sent from an email marketing platform (though you should still use the latter if you need to email a huge list).

Cons

This tool does one thing exceptionally well so pretty much no bones to pick. Something that would be nice to have is the putting the open, click and bounce rate right on the spreadsheet, so you can easily share it with people and show them the metrics if you need to. Right now, the report appears in a sidebar and only you can open it.

Jessica

Easy and Affordable but Limited Features

Overall, Yet Another Mail Merge, is a cost effective and easy platform to learn and use. I would definitely recommend it for small teams, small mail merges, and infrequent use. However, with the limited features that do not allow more than one merge scheduled in advance and lack of automated follow-ups, it is more manual than other mail merge programs. There is also very limited customer support, and it will take several days to get an issue resolved (if they respond at all).

Pros

It is extremely easy to set up, implement, and use, and it's quick to train a whole team to use Yet Another Mail Merge.

Cons

There are some limited features, such as you can only schedule 1 mail merge in advance from a specific account. You also cannot set up any automated follow-ups, or have a mass stats report pulled for multiple campaigns.

Eranga

Yet Another Mail Merge Review

I quite using the application. Really useful and easy to use. But need to give more information about syntax and all.

Pros

We can send the email at once to several people that we wanted like broadcast

Cons

The limited number of senders that can send is the only issue. We need to upgrade and the prices are a bit higher. Sometimes, though 50 senders showed, once we send a test mail it will be reduced to 49. And also it's only sending to the 47 people only. always missing 3 people.

Reasons for switching to Yet Another Mail Merge

Milmeteor cannot do the attachments.

Ganesh

Efficient software to meet email marketing goals

I am using this solution for so long and it really helps me getting response from prospective customers. Email campaigns can also be created using its readily available templates. Multiple user options is also there with premium subscription with low cost.

Pros

The part of Yet Another Mail Merge is the campaign tracking system which provides genuine responses of the campaign. Also, I like the easy process of running a campaign with quick simple steps.

Cons

Nothing to dislike about the software because it has everything you need for email marketing

Luís Felipe

October 2022

Básico e eficiente

Pros

A possibilidade de trabalhar com os filtros e organizar as campanhas de email direto da planilha do google sheets torna tudo muito mais prático. O monitoramento dos emails também fica em uma coluna na mesma planilha.

Cons

A falta de follow ups automáticos realmente é um ponto muito negativo. É uma função essencial presente na grande maioria dos softwares de email marketing

Hassan

Good platform for Email marketing using simple steps

It helped me a lot in my initial days of joining this company. I had a little bit of knowledge of email campaigns but after using YAMM I become a complete maestro in email marketing.

Pros

Cons

Nothing to dislike. The product has it all.

Jonathan

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

This is a great mass emailing tool for all kinds of business

I love it, this has made my life easier by the time of sending personal info to many recipients at once.

Pros

I love how you can just link it to your google account and create drafts that you can, later on, integrate with custom fields and even attachments to send massively.

Cons

I don't like that it will not allow you to send chains without the YAMM label on them, it can feel a little overmarketed at times.

Sara