Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I loved how fast it was to wire everything up at the beginning, and how it works seamlessly to take care of email verification."
  • icon"The ease to integrate with Hubspot. The great support from the company."
  • icon"Flexible pricing that works well with just about any use case."
  • icon"It's simple but there a lot of additional options, as well, that can be intimidating."
  • icon"The after-cleaning reports can be confusing. It takes some digging to figure out exactly how many contacts passed a cleaning and how many were blacklisted."
  • icon"It was a little difficult to manually change the data in my SQL. No automation for Joomla."

Have you used mailfloss and would like to share your experience with others?

All mailfloss Reviews

Mailfloss FTW!

I'm using Mailfloss in a high-growth email program at scale and would highly recommend it as an automated solution for keeping your email database clean.

Pros

Lower cost than other alternatives I considered with more customizable features. Mailfloss has found the one thing they can do well, and they do it very well. My integration is with Hubspot and I appreciated the custom properties for list segment and suppression control, the automated list cleaning, and the consistent release of new, valuable features like typo fix.

Cons

Mailfloss was a newer software tool on the market, so it was a little untested, but I was excited to give it a try and it has delivered on expectations.

Reasons for choosing mailfloss

More customization and control with the Hubspot integration than alternatives (I had trials with 3 other alternatives), lower cost, and active development of new, valuable features.

Response from mailfloss

Thanks so much for your review, Paul! I loved reading everything you wrote and am happy to know that we're able to deliver the goods for your high-growth email program.

Replied February 2021

Easy to use and great customer service!

Very positive experience! Mailfloss provided easy instructions to integrate with my email service provider to clean my contacts, and cleaning went off without a hitch. When I had questions, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was quick to respond. He was very helpful through the whole process. Excellent customer service!

Pros

Mailfloss was easy to set up and integrate with my email service provider. Just a few clicks and then I could let it run in the background and forget about it. I especially like how Mailfloss breaks down what it catches by what contacts have full inboxes, are duplicates, are fake, misspelled, etc.

Cons

The after-cleaning reports can be confusing. It takes some digging to figure out exactly how many contacts passed a cleaning and how many were blacklisted. This could probably be remedied with a simpler UI. Allowing free trial users to clean more than 500 contacts (like 1k) would be great too.

Reasons for choosing mailfloss

I needed a 1-time cleaning rather than a monthly subscription, and Mailfloss had the best price. The free trial was useful to gauge how thorough Mailfloss is in cleaning.

Response from mailfloss

Hi Daniel, thanks for your review. Regarding the reports, it's quite easy, you just have to click on the session for the full breakdown in the dashboard. I'll reach out to ensure you know what to look for. Otherwise, I'm glad you were up and running in a few clicks!

Replied December 2020

Christopher

Easy and effective

I've been very happy with Mailfloss. Its functionality, ease-of-use and pricing are all terrific.

Pros

Mailfloss has great Infusionsoft integration, with flexible options including unsubscribing and/or tagging bad contacts, and daily cleaning of new contacts. No 3rd party service like Zapier required.

Cons

It would be great if there was some alerting mechanism if the number of cleaned contacts changed substantially week-to-week.

Response from mailfloss

Hey Christopher, I'm so happy to read this, what a way to start the day :) Thank you, I'm glad you like our Infusionsoft integration. We work really hard on them to ensure they are top of the class. We've got something special for our Infusionsoft integration soon so stay tuned. And cool idea about the alerting mechanism, I've added it to our feedback and ideas boards.

Replied August 2020

Doug

Works Seemlessly In The Background

Very Good. Response time when I have questions is fast and effective, which is always a good thing. It gives me a good feeling that the product is well supported and that customers are appreciated.

Pros

Once I configure the features, the app works seemlessly in the back ground to keep my email list nice and clean.

Cons

Unless I missed it, it would be nice to have a preview button to see a list of emails that would get scrubbed/deleted before I actually commit to saying yes. I say this because I initially configured some setting too aggressively and ended up getting rid of some good subscribers that I recognized.

Response from mailfloss

Thanks, Doug! I'm really happy to read your review and to hear you are happy with the service. Apologies about the "preview". It's the first option "Manually decide action on invalid emails" but I think at the time you set up your account it wasn't so clear. We've since added tooltips and more documentation to make it more clear. With this option set you first review the emails and decide if you'd like to delete or unsubscribe or ignore them. This is generally a good idea at the beginning until you're comfortable with our results before turning on an auto action, such as auto-unsubscribe. Thanks again for the lovely review!

Replied July 2019

Mesa

July 2022

Can't say enough good things about mailfloss!

Mailfloss hums along seamlessly in the background to keep our high-volume email database clean and tidy and deliverability woes at bay. The most remarkable thing about mailfloss, though, is that we've used it with 3-different high-powered email platforms and every time we migrate, their founder personally sees to it that the new integration is set up properly and we are in good shape for a massive contact transfer and extra flossing that comes with that. We are in such capable hands with mailfloss!

Pros

- amazing customer service - easy to use - set-and-forget

Cons

I don't have any complaints -- and if I did, I know I could take them to the mailfloss team and they'd be addressed asap

Response from mailfloss

Thanks so much for your kind words, Mesa! I love working with awesome customers like yourself that have high volume and lots of email addresses to clean and typos to fix. It's a pleasure, thank you! - Martin

Replied July 2022

Customer service is King.

Excellent. Super responsive, helpful, professional company. Whatever you need there the to help. Not 48 hours later. You're not getting an automated response and a generic answer 3 days later. You're getting an extremely helpfull person right away ready to help you even if it's just to help you understanding something.

Pros

If you ever have an issue sometimes they on it before you can even ask about it. There is no lack of help here.

Cons

Have been small bumps but the platform has been altered along the way to accommodate.

Reasons for choosing mailfloss

Function and customer service.

Response from mailfloss

James, appreciate the review, thank you. I'm glad you appreciate our customer support.

Replied February 2021

Smart and flexible email verification service

I think Mailfloss is a great contender in the world of email verification tools. It's modern, very easy to use and both for small entrepreneurs and big enterprises (it supports high volumes of email checks). The on-boarding is clear and you can get started in just a few minutes. Overall this has everything you need in an email verification platform and because of the integrations you can pretty much put this on auto-pilot if you want to.

Pros

I like how this tool integrates with all the popular email service providers / email automation tools, while also giving you the option to get pre-paid credits for one-time cleaning of your email list in case the service you're using doesn't have an integration with Mailfloss. The different plans give you enough choice and you can also get a trial to get familiar with this tool.

Cons

It's hard to find something that I don't like. I feel it has all the features that modern email verification tools have plus there's a lot of automation as well. This helps you save time, as you can let the tool run automatically without having to do any manual work (aside the initial settings).

Response from mailfloss

Thanks so much for your review. I love your comments and I'm really glad it's helping you with your email verification efforts. I especially like your "Cons" and I'm happy to read that it's hard to find something you don't like! We work extremely hard to make it that way, so thank you again.

Replied September 2021

Paulo

Mailfloss the All-you-need Email Tester app

Pros

You are already on the API integration setup with your ESP even right on the Account Registration process, which is amazing! Mailfloss is a setup-and-go software.

Cons

The home dashboard's UI can be improved.

Reasons for switching to mailfloss

Their detection quality is not enough. Some emails pass even though Mailfloss and other better app tags it as a "fail".

Response from mailfloss

Thanks, Paulo! I'm happy to read that you love our setup and go process. That is definitely one of our strong points. We've been focused on speed and scalability lately but we will be releasing a number of UI enhancements soon. Thanks again for your review! - Martin

Replied August 2022

Eugenia

Robots make your life so much easier.

This used to a very tedious and time consuming process that I did manually. With virtually no troubleshooting and very easy configuration, I have literally saved myself hours of work every single week, and it even does a better job than I did before on my own. When I have questions or issues come up, it is very easy to reach out and get quick help. Most of all, I appreciate not having to think about email deliverability and just focus on the emails I'm sending.

Pros

I really appreciated how easy it was to deploy and how effective it really is at flossing our database. It's also very accurate now and it's constantly improving based on feedback!

Cons

Occasionally there's glitches that need to get fixed, and its accuracy is really great but not perfect (though I think that's unattainable for email deliverability anyway).

Reasons for choosing mailfloss

It has automatic integration with Infusionsoft, including different levels and options (e.g. you can choose whether invalid emails are only tagged, or tagged and opted out automatically). We also got a great deal on the monthly payments because we signed up right when the company was a start up.

Reasons for switching to mailfloss

The user interface and portal were hard to use and not intuitive. It took time (like 12 hours) to get your cleaned list back after uploading it, so I couldn't just sit down and process a list whenever I needed to. We have over 150,000 emails in our database and list hygiene was quickly becoming my entire job, just to manage it. Impressionwise was making it even harder than it already was.

Response from mailfloss

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Eugenia. I'm so glad we've been able to help you not only save hours every week but also help with your email deliverability. You're a treat to work with and an ideal customer. Saving your time, improving your email ROI, and working with great customers - that's the good life :) We've got some exciting stuff on the way that I think you'll like, so stay tuned! Martin

Replied June 2019

Anon

An important service in 2021!

Mailfloss helps remove trash and spam emails from your list. It gives me more confidence we are sending to active subscribers. It's particularly useful for discounts and giveaway signups, which tend to be people's junk address.

Pros

I have been using Mailfloss to both automatically and manually help ensure our email list stays spam-free for a year. It is hassle-free and does what its supposed to. 9/10

Cons

Everything related to email marketing is expensive. If the pricing was reduced we would use a monthly plan.

Response from mailfloss

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm happy to read your list has stayed spam-free for a year with mailfloss' help. That's great to hear!

Replied July 2021

Nick

Auto-mazing software to keep your email marketing data sparkling clean

We enjoy having amazing clean email data every day. This means our email sending CRM has a fantastic email marketing reputation. No blacklists, all time low email bounce rate. Super High email deliverability, opens and clicks... and Earnings Per Click. We have tried other email verification services. But nothing has come close to MailFloss.

Pros

MailFloss is producing accurate results and is super easy to both set up and maintain. In fact unless we have to manually import a new list of prospects into our CRM from a third party everything is fully automated and emails me a confirmation message every day. Its stress free. :-)

Cons

Like all new software, you need to give it the time to learn how to use it. It took perhaps 1-2 hours. The pain was well worth the reward later.

Reasons for choosing mailfloss

it was a false economy to go with anyone else. When you have found the right product, at the right price, that has the right customer service... what else could you possibly be still looking for? MailFloss ticked all the right boxes then... and it still does almost 12 months on. We've VERY happy.

Reasons for switching to mailfloss

the ease of the AutoFloss Automation with our CRM... and the amazing customer support.

Response from mailfloss

Awesome, Nick! I really appreciate your support and I'm glad everything is stress-free for you. That's exactly what we're going for. Martin

Replied September 2019

Allen

Happy Camper

Mailfloss makes what was once a time-consuming process much easier. I recommend it to anybody who does e-mail marketing for their business.

Pros

Integration with our mail provider. Automatic removal of bad e-mails. Fast Support.

Cons

It wasn't clear to me that I could close my browser tab when cleaning started; I think this could be improved.

Response from mailfloss

Thanks, Allen! I'm happy to read this. We'll clarify the messaging about closing the browser tab. It's not a problem at all to close it once flossing has started.

Replied September 2019

Guy

Fast Implementation and Reliable Product

Decreased our bounce rate to almost nothing. We can have this running in the background and not worry about maintenance or daily adjustments.

Pros

Quick, effective and kind response from their team with any support questions which meant we were up and running within minutes.

Cons

UI can be a bit friendlier, but still is very functional and clear

Response from mailfloss

Thanks for the review, Guy. Super happy to read about your bounce rate, and love that you can just let mailfloss run in the background as it works for you in real-time. Love it. Martin

Replied November 2020

Alexander

Mailfloss gets to the places other cleaners miss

We have huge databases that we constantly turnover and Mailfloss solves the problem of getting banned by email service providers - we have saved so much time and money by running everything though mailfloss.

Pros

Ease of use - we use manual cleaning for now and it's easy to upload files and get results. We love the way the results are stored and the ranking that mailfloss gives the email.

Cons

The speed - it would be epic if you could make it faster! Drag and drop uploading files would be ideal. The rankings of the emails could be simpler.

Response from mailfloss

Thanks so much for the kind review, Alexander. I'm happy to hear we're helping you where other email verification services miss the mark. We hear you on the speed, it's something we're constantly improving without compromising quality. We've also made a ton of tweaks and UI improvements lately based on user feedback including a more intuitive dashboard and drag and drop file uploading. I have a huge smile on my face reading that we save you both time and money - what a combo! :)

Replied August 2019

Amitesh

Good mail validation tool

Pros

Platform is very user friendly and has good accuracy

Cons

I have not come across any cons as such till now

Response from mailfloss

Thanks so much for the feedback, Amitesh. I'm happy to hear you find mailfloss user friendly and are happy with the accuracy. We're always pushing to improve our accuracy even further as well as making the platform the easiest and most convenient email verification service to use. It's customers like you that keep us hungry and motivated to making the product better and better, so thank you.

Replied June 2019