All Clockify Reviews

Torre

Design, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2021

Works exactly like you'd hope, feature-rich, and has helped us realize profits

Hend Abdalla

Reviewed August 2021

Track working hours easly for you and your team

Highly recomended for time tracking specialy with part timers, freelancers >> you can produce a detailed report with the tasks as well as the cost in one report, PDF or Excel export are avaialbel even with free account.

PROS

Free version is very good, tracking of time and working time log are very easy and flixable , reports are very helpfull

CONS

Tracker has no uper limit to stop at even you forgot to stop it for days (continiously) Not very powerfull with task tracking where there are no tastk status or team calloperation of tasks, as least in free account

Reason for choosing Clockify

Free account has just enough features that I need, very simply and easy to use even for non-it team members

Toggle is Costy and complicated

Hi Hend Abdalla, Thank you for your review. With the current design of the app, the timer will run until the user clicks on the stop button. As per task status, kindly note that if you are the admin of your workspace and you have tasks under your projects, you can check task status under the project status page. I hope this is what you are referring to, and it helps a bit. If you have other questions please contact us at support@clockify.me Best,

Replied August 2021

Zack

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

A very easy to use time tracker to cover many projects as a freelancer

I previously used Toggl, which I like just fine, but was a bit limited on the free version, and I didn't like the interface that much. I tried Clockify just to see how it would go, and so far I like it and am sticking with it for the near future.

PROS

The interface is nice, the reports get me what I need for invoicing. I can tag any recorded time as billable or not billable and even enter the dollar amount. I tag entries for specific clients or types of work with various colors which helps differentiate entries. The weekly emailed report helps me make sure my time is on point.

CONS

I didn't find the Windows desktop tool all that helpful, I just use the web interface. It's not as streamlined to create a new project or client easily. I have to type a project name (which doesn't exist) then I can create it on the fly, but with no details such as setting the color or client. So I have to go to another part of the interface, track down this new project so I can set the client and color, etc. I wish I could set up all the details about project and client directly from the time-entry page and not have to go around the interface to finish adjusting it. I don't really care for tracking precise start and stop times separately. Each time I have to stop and start a particular project time, it creates another entry. I prefer a generic single timer that accumulates, rather than a bunch of sub-time-entries like 10:34-10:45, 11:02-11:18, 12:50-1:42. This doesn't do much for me. I just want a single timer that says I worked 3.4 hours or whatever. But this is pretty minor thing. I can ignore all the sub-entries for the most part. But where this gets ugly is when I want to come back and enter time manually. If I need to adjust times, it's nearly impossible because I don't want to create time entries that overlap with existing entries. There is a lot of fudging numbers around so I can line up my projects.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Features and interface mostly, but reporting and other little things.

Thank you for the review Zack. When you enable the group similar time entries in your profile settings all your subentries will be grouped into one as long as they share the same description project and tag.

Replied September 2019

Maria Teresa

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Clockify: A clock that Unlocks!

I was happy the first time I used Clockify because I can use its features easily. Its accessibility with screen readers greatly impacts my user experience as a visually impaired individual.

PROS

Things that I like about about Clockify are: -The timestamps are accurate -It is lightweight. Even computers with low specs can use it. -It is pretty accessible to blind users -It is generally user-friendly.

CONS

What I like least about about Clockify is the following: -It doesn't have a project or task management feature. Nevertheless, it's understandable because the software is mainly for time tracking.

Thank you for your nice feedback, Maria. We are glad to hear that you're enjoying our app! Cheers!

Replied June 2024

Rayhann

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Clockify Review

PROS

It's pretty standard in terms of clocking in. I like how it keep track of the number of hours you put in each week.

CONS

One of the biggest annoyances with Clockify is when you're trying to clock in and it changes the AM/PM sign. For instance, if I clock in at 8:00PM and want to clock out at 9:00PM, it would automatically change it to 9:00AM. It's quite annoying, but honestly, it's not bad.

Hello there! Thank you for the feedback, would you mind reaching out to our support at support@clockify.me so they can investigate the issue with you? Cheers!

Replied May 2024

Minhaj

International Affairs, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2024

Clockify helps to invest time better and more productively.

Clockify has made our work scheduling so easy. It allows us to have very smooth work shift transitions. Clockify help us to make most of the available time by having effective work schedules and also tracking our time to ensure we deliver quality security services.

PROS

Clockify user interface is very on-point and convenient for all users ands thats why I together with my colleagues find it very easy to use as our work scheduling tool. It ability to monitor work hours in real time from the time we sign in to the time we sign out of our shifts helps us to ensure proper time utilization and that everyone is keeping time. The time reports allows us to easily report our work times to the management which is a thing we do on a daily basis.

CONS

Even with a person like me with very low technical skills, i still find everything in Clockify very easy to use. There has been zero things to dislike about it.

Sree Keerthi

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Best way to track the employee work schedule

Good for time tracking and resource management

PROS

I love the way clockify has seperate task for each project and allows employees to log time spent on each task. It also has a dashboard to track the weekly time spent on each project. This gives insights to the people manager on if the candidate is occupied for the week or if they have time to look into other pressing issues. This in turn supports resource management

CONS

One thing clockify can work on is to improve the work meetings sync to clockify. Otherwise I really like using Clockify

Hi Sree, Thank you for your review! One way to sync meetings from your Google/Outlook calendar is to connect them to the Clockify calendar. This will make your events appear in the Clockify Calendar, where you can copy the event as a time entry. Cheers!

Replied May 2024

Lisa

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Effective resource for tracking time

PROS

Using clockify has given our organization a clear understanding of employees roles and the time it takes to complete projects. It is another task the employee has to remember to use but the results of the data has been crucial to the success of our organization.

CONS

Forgetting to time out when working. It's frustrating when you forget and cannot edit this after the fact.

Hello Lisa, Thank you for the review! There are features that are implemented in our Desktop apps that can shut the timer down when you, for example, turn off the PC. Maybe something like this can help. Also, you can always go back to reports or the time tracker page to edit the time (unless admin of the workspace has prevented that with some of the features from paid plans). For any questions on this, you can contact us at support@clockify.me. Cheers!

Replied June 2024

nitheen

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Best for Time tracking and employee time monitoring

PROS

Clockify allows users to track time across various projects and tasks with ease. Its intuitive interface and customizable features make it adaptable to different workflows and project structures. Clockify is accessible on multiple platforms, including web browsers, desktop applications, and mobile devices. This cross-platform compatibility ensures that users can track their time regardless of their preferred device or operating system.

CONS

The reporting capabilities in Clockify's free version are somewhat limited compared to the paid plans. Users may find that they need to upgrade to access more advanced reporting features or customize their reports further.

Glane

Consumer Electronics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Affordable and handy to use

Overall, it was very useful, affordable and easy. I have been using it for my 2 jobs and for 4 years now.

PROS

It is easy to use. I can see easily who is working on my Team. And I can always export my total hours for the day, months or even a year.

CONS

When you forget to time out, and the day has passed, you can no longer edit the time

Great Time Management

PROS

I can track many projects and people at the same time in just one place

CONS

It can be tricky to move between projects

Alex

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Clockify Review

PROS

It's a top-notch time and attendance system. Ability to track hours, plan projects, and handle invoices/budgets. Affordable pricing compared to others.

CONS

I initially found it challenging to navigate through the reports and dashboard, but over time, I got the hang of it, and it became easier for me to navigate within the application.

Aimee

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

A real lifesaver

I discovered Clockify some time ago when a client wanted to see if there were any time tracking pieces of software he could use. I didn't use it then, but when our time tracking software turned into a frustrating mess of lost time entries, slow loading, and mis-calculated weekly times, I gave it a shot. Best decision I ever made for our team.

PROS

- Ease of use - Ability to set up and customize lots of options - Works well on multiple platforms - Has extensions and apps - Quick & light

CONS

- I wish there were the slightest bit more features in terms of clients vs projects, like the ability to assign people to whole clients rather than just projects, as well as the ability to bulk assign someone (like a page of checkboxes) to projects - I wish there were more integrations as well, such as with Freshbooks for invoicing

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Freshbooks pushed us into a "new Freshbooks" account, which was a vastly different time tracking interface. Freshbooks clearly hadn't tested this interface (or the corresponding app that went with it), because time entries would disappear, error out, or never get logged. App would crash and had all kinds of bugs, along with the desktop interface. After many of our users were on support with them with no resolution, we decided to take our time tracking elsewhere.

Thanks for the kind words, Aimee! In Clockify client category is always connected to the project and cannot work independently. But, perhaps settings up tags for your clients could help you out. Also, creating groups can be useful for managing projects easily. Heres the link: https://clockify.me/help/users/user-groups And we plan the integration with Quickbooks for invoicing. Cheers!

Replied January 2020

Dima

Reviewed March 2021

How did I ever work before Clockify? ))

I have been using this product for many months and today I cannot see myself and my working day without Clockify. Every morning when I start, I press the button and know that my progress and work are properly recorded, under the corresponding project sections and descriptive headings & tags. If you need to track your and/or your team's workload, you will not make a mistake by switching to this great product!

PROS

Wow, where do I begin! I think the dashboard is my absolute favorite! To be able to see exactly which month I had spent how many hours (and minutes!) working on which project helps me greatly to plan my workload and to priorities. Each time entry can be highly customized by connecting it to the relevant projects, giving it a very descriptive name and tagging it with special keywords. You can also mark every entry as payable or non-payable and for our company, where we use Clockify to pay our employees on a monthly basis, this and the rest of the features are indispensable!

CONS

Sometimes the browser tab crashes or when I start/stop the timer, the command does not go through. But that happens only 5% of the time so overall it is not a crisis.

Reason for choosing Clockify

Pricing definitely, and the features offered for that price.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Pricing of Toggl was much higher than that of Clockify, but the features offered were basically the same.

Chavez

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

My Overall Experience

Clockify makes it easier for folks at the company I work for and myself to generate a timesheet report for any specific period. Normally payroll would ask us for a monthly time report before they pay us so this comes in handy plus it's very simple to generate with just a few clicks.

PROS

As an end-user who uses this software every day, I'd say it's pretty simple to use and makes time tracking easy. My company decided to replace our previous time tracking software with Clockify just over two years ago and it didn't take long before the rest of the employees began using it. Credit should be given to its easy UI compared to the previous software we used which looked complicated and took some training. So overall I'd recommend this to business owners looking to make time tracking easy for their employees and themselves.

CONS

The only problem I have with software lol is that when I forgot to stop the timer before I sign off for the day it kept running all through the night until I manually stop it the next day. As a Sofware developer, my suggestion would be to learn how the user tracks time through some kind of pattern and show some a notification to let the user know that the timer was left running and silently pause it for them.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Upfront, Clockify was simpler to use and easier to manage.

Hi Chavez, thank you for your review! While the web version cannot stop the timer automatically, you can opt in to receive the email if you have a long-running timer. To enable this, click on your icon in the top right corner and enable the option in Email settings. Additionally, the Chrome extension has the option to stop the timer when you close the browser, and also, the macOS app has the option to stop the timer when you shut down the Macbook. We are also working on implementing this feature on the Windows (Beta) app.

Replied November 2021

Vickey

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

The BEST Time Tracking Software I Have Ever Used

Have I mentioned that I LOVE this software? It is awesome! It does everything I need and more to track the time spent on my clients. Would highly recommend their software!

PROS

What is there NOT to like about this software? It was very easy to set up. It is simple to use. I have a small accounting firm and needed to track time spent per client per employee. This software does it simply and effectively. I love the "tags" as well. With the previous time tracking software I was using before they started to charge a fortune for it...I would have to type out the "tasks" that I was working on with each client. With Clockify, I have set up reports, reviews, emails, data entry, etc. as tags and it is simple as clicking the tag. LOVE LOVE LOVE this software!

CONS

I guess if there was something I could change about the software it would be to add a "pause" button. I have to "Stop" the timer if I get interrupted in a client project and then go down in the time tracker and restart it when I get back in it. Not hard and it still does what I need it to do...but a "pause" button would be nice =) Another "con" would be that I have to manually add new clients and project which takes less than one minute...so not really an issue either =)

Reason for choosing Clockify

It worked the best for my firm. Clockify was much easier to track time with.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

QB Time started charging for it and it wasn't work what they wanted for it.

Thank you very much for the review Vickey! We are glad that you're enjoying Clockify. If you have any feature suggestions, you're welcome to fill out this form https://clockify.me/feedback Considering manually adding of projects and clients, please note that you can import them all at once with the CSV file. If you have any additional questions regarding this, please write at support@clockify.me Cheers!

Replied February 2022

Roldan

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Roldan's Review

Really nice experience. I never looked back. Please continue improving. I've used Time Doctor, Hubstaff, Upwork. Clockify dust them off.

PROS

UX and UI wise. Really nice lay-out. Easy to use.

CONS

Not much. No qualms. Maybe I can find out later since my subscription is free and for me alone. Maybe if my workspace becomes complex I might start to notice discripancies.

Reason for choosing Clockify

Needless to say, much easier to use. It exactly cater a freelancer dilemmas when it comes to time tracking their work and invoicing clients.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Clockify is the only Freelancer time tracking app that give fare advantages for both free users as well as paying ones. Other trackers are either buggy, clunky, difficult to use or expensive.

Olushola

Market Research, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2022

The best time tracking resource out there

This has helped me and y team keep track of time, project and even helped improve our efficiency through the ton of information and insight available for analysis

PROS

The software is easy to use, the color scheme is warm and inviting and there are helpful features all around

CONS

Sometimes I find out that I have to log in again. I don't k ow if this is a glitch or a security measure, but it makes me anxious

Reason for choosing Clockify

Price, Flexibility, Ease of use and onboarding, Insights available for analysis (this was very important)

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Well, it wasn't flexible and didn't have the features we discovered that we need to work efficiently

Aria

Keep It Simple and Smart

Clockify has helped my team get our projects organized for quite some time. We enjoyed the free version for a little over a year before we started opting for the paid version since we want to take advantage of some of the paid features such as automation, API integration, templates, and other productivity features to further improve our operations.

PROS

Clockify is a very simple platform to use with very user-friendly functions and operations. It takes less than 15-min for a new user to get familiar with it and already start working with the system. We love the fact that the system allows admins to be able to get high-level and granular data of individual users or projects. Data Analytics is really great with the high-level information that is already provided by the system UI, but Clockify also provides the capability to either extract the data and user a different data visualization platform to use, or integrate it with a different analytic platform all in all.

CONS

There are some limitations as to what data can be captured and stored in Clockify. If an operation is using a different KPI metrics (such as qty produced / time-spent) then this platform does not support that.

Reason for choosing Clockify

We shifted because Clockify provided that clean no-frills works space for us to queue our projects, and assign project tasks to the right people. And most of all, capture man-hours spent on tasks. This critical information allowed us to be able to have a definitive data point on the demand-capacity structure of our operations enabling us to plan ahead for the capacity increase that is based on our operational demands.

1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Best software to choose for freelancer

I've been using Clockify for more than two years now. I tried other software before but this one was the best at that and still is. If you, like me have simple needs, this is the best piece of software for you. Remark to company: please don't grow. If we're using your product we are not interested in ERP. If you want to grow make a separate product containing project planning etc.

PROS

Ease of use, reliability, fast response from customer service even when I was using only a free version of the software. Clean design, very good reports, ability to export reports to different formats. The basic version has almost all the things I need. Application is small, which is a big plus.

CONS

Lack of Polish version of VAT invoice is a little minus. If there were I'd have everything I need in one app. If you decide to implement that, please consider moving invoicing and time rounding from STANDARD to BASIC plan. I don't need managment stuff. There's literally no small and simple time tracking software with invoicing only. Every app like this slowly grows towards ERP system. Please don't grow. Hone the things you have now and make a separate product capable of integrating with bigger brother.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Cost and usless fuctions packed with the software also lack of Polish VAT invoice

Christian

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Clockify for Time Tracking and Invoicing

Use it daily to track hours and monthly to export by client for invoicing.

PROS

Easy to use and works across multiple devices (computer, phone, tablet). Easy to track, pause, and edit time tracking. Nice features to organize by Client, Project, and Tasks.

CONS

Would like to be able to integrate for invoicing. It does this already but only for the paid version.

Reason for choosing Clockify

Best value and features for the price.

Reasons for switching to Clockify

Switched several years ago. Clockify fits my needs better.

Thank you for your kind feedback, Christian! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying Clockify!

Replied July 2023