All Time Doctor Reviews

Reviewed January 2024

Great Tracking Capabilities!

Monnel

Reviewed May 2018

TD is a standard in All Forms of Productivity - Must Have for Professionals Who Wants to Do More

Super affordable and easy to use.

PROS

One of the very first sets of time tracker that I used . . . and still using at the very moment I'm writing this review. It perfectly fits with my internal processes. Very intuitive to use. Other time trackers try to reinvent the wheel as if mastering productivity is not hard enough. If you're using TD, you create a project, add a task, then just start doing it. No other hullabaloo. Another advantage is the growing list of project management tool integration. Well, TD is a project maanagement tool already but if you're using other tools like Trello, you'll be happy to know that TD has you covered already. Another advantage is the fact that TD has added the Client View feature. That means you can invite your client/s to log in to a panel and view all the screenshots and work you've billed them. That's a trust booster for you and your client especially if you're getting paid by the hour.

CONS

Hmm if there's something that I want TD to improve on is their mobile app. It lags from time to time. And you shouldn't let it compete with other apps unless you have a super high power smartphone. And if you're like me who's into quantified self, tracking other aspects of like aside from work is just an absolute must. And more often than not, it has to be done off your PC. That's why they have to improve their mobile app.

Hi Monnel, Thank you for using the app to manage your Team. I am glad the Client feature helps you as well. We are working more on the mobile app now to be better at UI and functionality.

Replied June 2018

Christian

Telecommunications, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2022

Great little tool to keep track of worktime

Keeping track of customers, projects and tasks I've worked on is my basis for the invoices I send to my customers... and that works great! The new Time Doctor 2 was a huge step forward.

PROS

The ease of assigning current worktime to given projects or specific project tasks. That helps me keep an overview how much time I've spent on each project and task

CONS

Reporting sometimes needs a few extra clicks to give me the information I need - especially when I step from day to day it always needs a few extra clicks to get the same screen for the next day (Timesheet). But overall it's great - nothing serious.

Reasons for switching to Time Doctor

RescueTime is great to keep records of what you did but assigning this to customers, projects and tasks isn't straight forward - and that's my main use case.

Reviewed April 2018

It used to be a good product but they now lack on product focus and don't listen to customers.

It helped our company at different stage of it's growth but unfortunately is not listening to its customers anymore

PROS

It has a nice web backend The client made in 2017 has good UX (if only we could use it) It used to have a responsive product team (not anymore)

CONS

- The old client UI (which is the only one that we can use) is not intuitive and buggy. Our team very often complains about this and they don't want to use it. - A key feature which is blurring the screenshots has been taken away from the new Windows and Mac client but the option to enforce it is still in their web backend. This gives the false expectation that the setting will be respected while it doesn't and this compromise the privacy and *security* of the people using this software as the screenshots can also collect passwords, private keys etc. Neal from support on October 3rd 2017 wrote: "Sorry for the delay but our developer has not finished setting up this feature yet on the new app. I will try to get more feedback on this and see if I could get at least an estimate of when it will be implemented." After more than seven months on 20th of April 2018 he says: "We don't have an ETA yet. All I know is that our development team are currently working on incorporating this feature as we have been pushing them to since this is something available on the old app." As you can see the answer was not truthful (using the word "finishing" for something that wasn't started). There was also no apology from their side and they didn't write an article warning about this bug which can compromise the security of their users and breach their T&Cs. It's a shame since this company used to care about their customers. I will change the review if they finally act on this.General Comment It helped our company at different stage of it's growth but unfortunately while growing it seems that it lost its user focus

Hi We do apologize if you feel as though you are not treated the way you and your company used to be treated. While it is true that blurring of screenshot is not yet available in the new app, please do know that you can always use the older app to have this function working perfectly tailored to your needs. If you need any further assistance though, please do feel free to message us at support@timedoctor.com

Replied May 2018

Roldan

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

One of the best Freelance Time Tracker, if you agree.

Time doctor has improved enough since I've used it in the early 2014. I love it's reporting, screenshot, billing and archiving.

PROS

Ease of use. One of the best function of the tracker - just like any other software - it should be. Screen capture is the second, just if cases where your client needs to police your progress.

CONS

They might need to fix the redundant notifications. Such as it keeps checking you out if you are still working. If I'm a video editor and I'm rendering a video for 5 hours, the function needs to be intuitive or at least palpable. The software is obviously dependent on keyboard and mouse activities.

Reasons for switching to Time Doctor

It is hefty and free. Though there is an option for paid, Clockify free version is good enough. Besides, the clean and intuitive interface really invites me to check it out and I have never turned back so far.

Irfan

Media Production, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Cure For Time Wastage, Good For Productivity

Overall, Time Doctor is great for productivity, time tracking, and project management. It has the best Leave-Tracking features that send notifications if the person is still working on a task. In all reality, it has great usability with many different cool options such as time-tracking, browsing history, breaks, and idle time reminders, etc.

PROS

I have been an active member of PeoplePerHour for almost 4 years now and Time Doctor has been a great help for me. It has helped me track my time spent on various projects that I do on daily basis. I manage my workflow and pace by keeping an eye on Time Doctor and also get proof of my work hours to demand payment. I'm on the Desktop application most of the time but I do use a mobile application that helps me track the time when I'm traveling and working. It also gives an option to manually edit time and I used it sometimes when I spent time on the phone or forget to launch the application while working. The activity bar on the desktop is one important feature that I use and I love it.

CONS

I check for updates regularly and try to keep my software up-to-date. However, I noticed some mal-functioning when my Time Doctor didn't stop for the whole night and showed non-stop 13 hours of work. I had to reinstall the application to fix the trouble. The activity bar on the screen is sometimes pretty annoying as it doesn't go behind the apps. It always stays on top and blocks the view. There should be an option to resize it and push it behind as well. Other than that, I'm quite happy with the overall performance of the Time Doctor.

Dianne Mae

Reviewed October 2017

TimeDoctor is a very important tool for me as a freelancer, consultant and start-up entrepreneur.

I am able to maintain transparency with my clients at all times. TimeDoctor helps me track my hours and provide documented proof of work and give my clients a better view of how I complete my work/tasks. It also helps me in managing my time better.

PROS

TimeDoctor is straightforward and easy to use. I like that the desktop tool offers two versions: Pro and Lite, which helps you to choose the right application based on your usage and computer's resources. TimeDoctor also has a lot of integrations - particularly to different Project Management tools. This is especially helpful with managing different clients who each have a different preference on the project management tool that they are using. TimeDoctor is also very cost-efficient for me as a freelancer/consultant.

CONS

The price of additional users is a bit expensive for entrepreneurs who are just starting their own team, but overall, it is a worthwhile expense.

Stephanie

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Time Doctor Employer Payroll and Productivity Tool

I have been using Time Doctor for 3 years now and it never fail us to give productivity report, payroll log report and the customer service solutions.

PROS

Time Doctor has a very user-friendly interface, easy to use, and monitor. What I like most about this app is the screenshots are taken every minute of your set time and the reports it generates that I use on our payroll. The customer service is also admirable to the team since they answer within a couple of hours and assist our employees on the concerns and matters.

CONS

That thing that it can not generate night differential hours taken by the employees.

Reason for choosing Time Doctor

Because of its screenshots features and user interface. You can also use Time Doctor on any kind of device like your mobile phone or pads.

Angelica Marie

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Amazing Software

This software helps us to track and become the basis of my employees salary. This makes my job easier. For almost 3years of subscription, I can really say that it is worth it. I really recommend this. So far, so good.

PROS

This software helps us to track and become the basis of my employees salary and time keeping. This makes my job easier. For almost 3years of subscription, I can really say that it is worth it.

CONS

For me, I don't mind the lapses in every software. It is normal, there's nothing perfect. All you need is patience and everything will go on smoothly.

Georges

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Magical Time Doctor

This software simplifies my life and my work, as well as those of my employees. It's a real ALL-IN-ONE. To be able to manage time efficiently, to keep track of my activities even remotely, all with ease of use and friendly customer support, isn't that magic? I highly recommend this software.

PROS

I like this software. Since I started using it, I've been able to manage my working hours and those of my employees efficiently and productively. I can divide up my time according to tasks and projects, then follow up to ensure that everything is done on time, and keep a record of my activities. The software saves me material, human and financial resources, time and productivity.d

CONS

Lowering the price of the software would be just perfect.

1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Helps with productivity

Time Doctor is easy to use, making it simple to track how you spend time on tasks and projects. It shows what apps and tools you use, helping you work smarter. It's like a helpful friend for managing your time and getting things done easily.

PROS

Time Doctor is fantastic for keeping track of time. It's easy to use, helping individuals and teams monitor tasks accurately. The app goes beyond basic tracking, showing what apps and tools are used. This helps understand how time is spent, making it easy to spot areas for improvement. With a clear focus on precise time monitoring, Time Doctor is perfect for anyone aiming to boost productivity through better time management.

CONS

I would like to get a cheaper version for what I need from the tool, I don't need most of the products they offer which makes the price too much for the use I give the app, if they would offer a cheaper version with individual capabilities it would be perfect.

Jhonjerlyn

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

The best option to measure the workforce and know exactly the hours worked by each person.

We have achieved excellent results with the help of this platform, the experience we have obtained has been excellent, we are proud to be using it in all sector of our company, because it has helped us understand the workforce and know exactly if our employees are fulfilling their corresponding working hours. Day after day we assign specific hours for each employee, this platform has helped to comply with all those corresponding schedules, we can know if an employee has not shown up at their specific time, as well as we can know if an employee has already fulfilled their corresponding hours. This platform has been easy to use and also to implement in our computers, it has taken us approximately a week to implement it and all the computers in this company, however the results we obtained after two weeks, where we correctly noticed how we were having a greater management of the hours worked by our employees. If your are looking for an app to manage the hours worked of each employee, this is the best option.

PROS

Time Doctor has worked as a key platform for our business development and to control the productivity of each one of our employees, it is an excellent service to measure the work and working time of each employee, it is magnificent. One of the main things that I like about this platform is that it is able to monitor the App that each of the employees use on a daily basis, this App monitoring so that we can understand if the employees are us ing applications that are distracting of that make them lose work time, as well as help us understand which applications you use more them lose work time, as well as help us understand which apps you use more or which apps you use less. Another thing that I like is that this service was also used to monitor web browsing activity, so thanks to this platform we can know exactly which page our employees visit, in order to take measures ot the right time and prevent our employees from accessing suspicious websites or distracting from their work. Finally, I love that this App can automatically calculate the amount of money that has to be paid depending on the hours worked, we have set up a rate for each hour worked, so this platform makes the exact calculations of how much a worker should be paid employee depending on total hours worked including overtime.

CONS

The only negative thing I have noticed about this platform is that it can influence the privacy of employees a bit, our company there are some employees who feel uncomfortable knowing that they are being monitored, it would be great if this platform implements a silent mode or invisible mode, in which the computers can be running without them noticing, this would help our employees feel much more comfortable and can work quietly without worries. Just as this introduces a bit of discomfort from our employees, it will also need to introduce it to other companies, so it is urgent that you implement a system in a stealth way.

Maria Lenin

Reviewed August 2018

Real Time Monitoring and Accurate Time Use Data for your Remote Workers

PROS

With the latest technology, more effective collaborative tools have been developed to address the difficulties and disadvantages of hiring remote workers. Virtual Assistants are in demand helping companies Worldwide produce more and better results for a low cost. Most remote workers and Virtual Assistants are paid by the hour and with Time Doctor, the management can track their employees real work status and productivity time. The features are designed to monitor the agent's screens and open tabs to ensure that the workers are doing work related tasks and opening company approved sites. Dashboard shows agent status where a Green circle beside the users name- means the person is working, if red, means the person is not working or on break At the end of the day, a report on accurate time usage can be viewed. Data gives the total of hours worked. It also shows the different tasks and how much time spent per task. You can select total hours worked per day, week, or per month. What I like about Time Doctor is that it provides agent screenshots every 9 minutes. It also shows if there is a low activity period.

CONS

Most benefits and advantages are for employers and management with the reports and actual agent status and work hours. However, the agent's Time Doctor Application / Dashboard is not easy to manage and use. Integration to company's accounting and company provided software can be complicated. For every task accomplished it should also be made available in their time doctor application. Agent should identify which task he/she is currently working on that particular hour by providing notes per hour after selecting which task category it belongs. Agents however can save permanent tasks instead of typing them saving them more time by just clicking on the saved task before he or she starts working.

Eduardo

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Productivity stile

I am having a satisfactory experience, even comparing it with other software that perform the same functions. The TD has helped me to significantly improve my performance as an analyst, this has the same impact on personnel as monitoring to the point of achieving objectives that in principle seemed unattainable.

PROS

Certainly I liked the amount of options, speaking of indicators that help us manage staff and increase productivity significantly. Not only see captures, but also see the activity of their peripherals and the apps and programs they use

CONS

More than a "Cons" i would like that indicators such as low activity may be visible to individuals and not only to those who have TD group management. In turn, that this indicator can be traceable not only in the last 7 days of work but in editable periods of time, example: the last 3 days of work

Someone recommended TD and I decided to try it

Reasons for switching to Time Doctor

Basically, I was looking for software with the functions offered by TD, however, the others I used although they offered them did not provide real or at least accurate data. This mismatches any report.

Mario

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

There's no better system to use for activity tracking

I am solving employee's issues. I am overseeing what they do, and how they manage their own time. Plus, it allows us the possibility to have back-up data in case of a client's complaint.

PROS

I think TimeDoctor has become one of those critical tools that we wouldn't be able to run our business without it. Screenshots activity is one of the most used features within our organization and it allows us to actually oversee and prevent any potential issues that may arise.

CONS

Not at all. I think the app overall is fantastic and should be your daily companion.

Menucha

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Reliable

This software was chosen, as it easily handles the following: screenshots works even when a internet outage easy remote setup

PROS

Reliable, Dependable. Simple enough to learn and navigate the reports, and to do a deep dive on unproductive/no activity time. Very little down time/issues, and those were resolved in a timely manner

CONS

dont have a great way to include/time a lunchbreak, as paid time, even though they clock out ( for privacy) dont have a way to have a shift buffer... aka 7.5hr of shift and 7hrs, 29min shows in red as not good attendance some of the shortcuts that are so helpful are not obvious that you can click them.... so some features are undiscovered or the managers dont understand how to access them, as they are links from one subwindow to another

Reason for choosing Time Doctor

my supervisor just told me we should check other alternatives to confirm we are still using the best software. However I think we are good.

Monica

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Does what is needed

PROS

When Time Doctor works, it's great. Each employee can be set to different schedules/requirements. It is a great system in the background that allows us to hold our employees accountable if necessary.

CONS

Time Doctor is constantly being updated and if you don't know to update the application, or it doesn't happen automatically, the app will not work as intended. The usual give away is that the app will often stop tracking automatically when starting computer use. Additionally, the admin view is limited. It would be helpful to view the same report/information for multiple employees at the same time. A lot of things have to be done individually.

Reviewed November 2018

Great for knowing how long a project took!

I'm keeping on task with the things that have to happen every day as well as have a way to look back and see what tasks are done at certain times of year. This helps us plan our department schedule for each upcoming year so we don't forget anything.

PROS

Create your own projects and tasks. Works great for keeping a step by step task list for each project. Ability to edit time for when software updates and/or restarts are required. I love using Time Doctor Pro as my personal time keeper at work.

CONS

Not so much of a con but more of a feature request: it would be great if the software kept some sort of log of active document time. I tend to work on a few documents at a time and it would be great to know how much time is spent on each document without having to manually switch projects/tasks for each document. I almost exclusively use Adobe Creative Cloud programs and Microsoft programs using Mac computers.

Joseph