All Timely Reviews

Perry

Reviewed December 2018

Great Scheduler

PROS

I first was turned on to Timely by a client using it, and it seemed easy and very functional. Now i use it every day to track my time, send it to my billing program, and track others who work for me. Very simple program that does exactly what you need it to do.

CONS

Customer support is not always as fast or on the ball as they should be. they are sometimes hard to get through to. There are some customer fields and more customer information I would like to capture, more like a very simple CRM.

mandy

Reviewed February 2020

moving on

PROS

Easy and simple to use Good value......

CONS

The program didnt have enough functions for a gym/PT studio

Reason for choosing Timely

I went from Timely to Glofox that had more tools for PT studio

Bhagvan

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Timely review

Timely software is great. it needs improvement on web and mobile experience..

PROS

Timely has good features for time tracking , time sheets and attendance.

CONS

timely needs improvement on mobile and web channel experience.

Gauthier

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great Tool but the AI add on is a gadget

PROS

Easy to use, friendly UI and a lot of report available (and possibility to share with external partners).

CONS

The AI add on doesn't really work and my laptop froze all the time after setting it up. I add to remove it and I can't use this functionality.

Jennyffer

Translation and Localization, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2019

Timely is an essential tool for my translation business

PROS

Working as a freelance translator, I needed a tool to plan my daily schedule and I came across Timely. It's the best planning tool I've found so far. At a single glance, I can know if my schedule for the week/day is already full or if I can keep accepting new assignments. I also started tracking the time I spent on each of my projects, which allowed me to realise just how little time I spent actually working because ultimately my day was full of distractions. Timely has allowed me not only to keep track of my ongoing and future projects, but also to optimize my work time and it does so beautifully: it is very easy to use and visually appealing. There are tons of extra features that I don't use, such as automatic time tracking and project budgeting, but it's still perfect for what I need. Couldn't work without it!

CONS

Maybe, just maybe, it's a little "too large" for my needs, so to keep things minimal, a plan with just the basic features would be welcome.

Brianna D.

Higher Education, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2019

Timely helps organize my freelance time

Being in a full-time position where I track my time, I needed something different for my freelance projects. Timely solves that for me and gives me a solution where I can keep my day job and freelance separate.

PROS

I like planning my time toward multiple freelance by day and project, but love I can adjust time if things change. It really helps me keep track in all of the time and resources I put toward a project. I like the ability to pull reports, seeing how much time/money was planned vs. actually accrued.

CONS

There isn't anything that I least liked. I have used customer service once in my three years of using the service and it was pretty decent,

Olli

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Timely app

Timely has helped track timing of projects which has helped quote for new projects. From scheduling and pricing jobs it has be a pleasure using it and has become a key tool for us to use each and every day. Great interface that works great on mobile - on the go and always easy to reference any data or information you require.

PROS

Great interface and ease of use, it has become a really key tool for us for time tracking and scheduling work from start to finish.

CONS

Not many, all I would say now and again updates are released I would just like to see more quicker!

Ella

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Automate your timesheets with Timely

PROS

The AI memory feature of Timely is the most awesomest time tracking feature for any consultant who hates timesheeting. It tracks what you do on your computer, your appointments in Google Calendar and your location, so you can fill out your timesheets in a heartbeat. Also the customer service is great! Overall great value for your money.

CONS

It's very hard to come up with something.

Laura

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2019

The Search Has Ended!

I needed an accurate way of tracking my time and billing my clients across several different projects. This couldn't be easier. I've tried several different time tracking software programs, including a Google sheets extension, 17hats, Quickbooks, HoursTracker, Tsheets, and a few more. This is by far the best!

PROS

My favorite feature of this software is the Memory app that works with it. This app tracks the software, websites, and programs that I use throughout the workday. If I forget to set the "timer" I can always go back and click on each tracked usage and add it to a project. This also tracks time on your phone, which would also be lost time and lost money otherwise. I have captured so much additional work time that would have been lost otherwise.

CONS

The only thing that I wish, is that I could apply payments to the bills that I run. Also, on the shared weblink of reports, if we could also show individual line items for each project, that would be great. I can only do that through an exported report at this point.

Joshwin

Reviewed May 2019

Great Time Tracking Software

PROS

- The Memory Tracker. I liked the fact that it automatically tracked how long I was on specific websites and desktop applications. As a contractor, this made it easy for me to know how long I worked on a specific task. - It was easy to update work periods with the associated details, like the associated project and other information. - The reporting functionality was great. I could easily use the generated info for invoices and etc.

CONS

- I wish it offered the ability to create an invoice. It would have saved me a lot of time.

Angelica

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Enhance Productivity and Efficiency with Timely

Timely helped me efficiently manage my time as an intern in the pharmaceutical product development and research department. I was able to precisely track the time spent on various jobs and projects thanks to the software's automatic time tracking feature. I was able to study my productivity trends as a result and better manage my time. I was able to spot areas for improvement and properly prioritize chores thanks to Timely's graphic reports, which gave me insightful information about my workflow. Overall, Timely dramatically improved my ability to manage my time, allowing me to concentrate on important research and development tasks.

PROS

Timely provides customers with a variety of strong features that aid in time management optimization. With no need for human entry, the software's automatic time tracking correctly records the time spent on various tasks and projects. Users may detect productivity bottlenecks and take well-informed decisions thanks to Timely's user-friendly interface and visually appealing reports, which offer useful insights into productivity patterns. By taking into account their current obligations and workload, the intelligent scheduling feature assists users in making smart time management decisions. Timely's connection with well-known productivity programs like Google Calendar and Trello guarantees smooth platform coordination. In general, Timely makes time management simpler, increases productivity, and offers useful information for analysis and improvement.

CONS

Timely has a pricing issue that may be costly for solo individuals or small teams on a tight budget. Although the automatic time monitoring option is useful, some users might find their privacy at risk. To fully exploit Timely's capabilities and tailor settings to individual preferences, some initial adjusting may be necessary due to the learning curve. Despite the fact that the software offers insightful data, some customers could yearn for more sophisticated analytics capabilities for in-depth reporting and data analysis.

Elizabeth

Program Development, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2019

Perfect for entrepreneurs

Timely has provided me with a simple and professional tool for tracking time that is cost effective and efficient. I don't need to spend a lot of time preparing back up for invoices because Timely produces a professional report that is flexible enough to be adapted to the needs of each client. It saves me so much time and is a great value for the money.

PROS

Timely is so easy to use and very intuitive. It is so simple to set up new clients and projects and the connection to my calendar is great. My favorite feature is the reporting function that creates professional looking billing summaries that support invoicing. (I continue to use the old reporting format as that works best for me). One unexpected benefit is how much it has helped me track how I'm using my time. Having the dashboard visual that shows how my hours have been allocated and when has been very helpful for time management.

CONS

It's so minor but the range in colors for projects is pretty limited.

Brian

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2017

Really loving Timely on all of my Apple devices

I've been a Timely user for a couple of years now, and the product has matured nicely. It has loads of features to help me keep track of work I'm doing for different clients, and the reporting feature makes end-of-month invoicing pretty painless. I use Timely on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook, and everything transfers from one device to the other seamlessly. A great product! I highly recommend it!

PROS

Extremely easy to use across different devices. Customer support is great on the few times I've needed it.

CONS

I don't dislike anything. The company is good about bringing out new features, which I appreciate. Keep evolving the product!

Reviewed April 2019

Great option for small enterprises and independent workers

Super satisfied with it. As a freelancer this my preferred software for time / budget tracking.

PROS

The simplest of its features is one I love the most: the fact that your timer can count money and not just hours/minutes/seconds. As you start a new project you define a budget and an hourly rate and that's it. The reports you can export are cool. And obviously it's new intelligent features are awesome. With a few tweaks, you connect your timely account to the software you work on usually, so it automatically tracks time by software / project.

CONS

Honestly, just the fact it became a paid software. It was free in the old days and it was great!

Carol

Reviewed December 2020

Excellent cloud based scheduling software

PROS

This software allowed our office to manage multiple practitioners schedules, and for some, allowed patients the option of online booking.

CONS

Unfortunately, Timely was unable to integrate with our practice management software. We chose to stay with Timely for scheduling, even though it wasn't integrated as it was so much better than the scheduler in our software package.

Very easy to use

I've done time tracking with several different apps and Timely is the app that lets me spend the least amount of time on time tracking while it also gives me the reports I need for it to be useful.

PROS

- Easy to use - Spend less time tracking hours - Good reports that's used both for invoicing clients and track projects

CONS

- Time tracking simply isn't fun. - Would've been good with a recurring budget for projects

Jay

Reviewed April 2019

Timely is a game changer for tracking time on a project

We've used a few different time trackers before Timely. They were all sub-par. Timely helped automate time tracking, user management, and billing for our contractors. It's an incredible product that we highly recommend.

PROS

Very simple interface that is easy to learn and use. Manual time tracking is awful, but Timely automates almost the entire project-based time tracking aspect. Very affordable

CONS

Some of the integrations to 3rd party applications don't function properly. Customer support was hard to get ahold of when we had questions.

Tommasina

Reviewed June 2021

Save time and boost your productivity with Timely Software

I enjoy using Timely Software because it is effective, efficient and secure.

PROS

Great software allowing everything to run more effectively, timely and smoothly.

CONS

I found the system was effective and efficient. Timely Software enables systems processing to be faster, more effective and overall more productivity because people are able to run their appointments, schedules remotely and they are also able to send reminders to themselves. Timely allows customers to book thier tickets online in a secure manner. Excellent overall.

Reasons for switching to Timely

To be able to have more security, efficiency and productivity.

Bill