(1,320)

1,320

Browse Toggl Track Reviews

Abby from The Helpful Marketer

Couldn't survive in business without Toggl

I've been using the free version for about 3 years I think. It's critical to my business. It doesn't have so many features that it's frustrating - it's just nice and simple. The paid version has WAY more features and tools that would be useful for a business of more than 1 person, or for someone who's a better business person than I am.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and the FREE version is all I need. I have a little app that runs on my computer that even reminds me to track my time if I'm not timing. I get really wrapped up in what I do, so it's easy for me to spend way longer than I anticipated on things. Being a solo entrepreneur, it was critical early on when I was trying to figure out how long things actually took me to do. I don't think I'd have been able to develop a clear enough pricing strategy for projects because I literally had no idea how long it took me.

Cons

The Windows app does undergo changes every now and then, so it gets a little glitchy. Right now, I can't hide the timer away like I used to be able to. I'm sure that'll be fixed by next updated but in the meantime it's only a minor annoyance for the benefit of the program. Which again, is FREE.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

Monday was way too complicated and I don't think it had a free version.

Ariel from KPFA Radio

December 2021

Great for freelancers or anyone who needs to track time

My overall experience with Toggl Track is very positive. I use it as an individual, but I would also be happy to use it as a team if I had subcontractors.

Pros

Toggl is free, and it's highly useful for documenting hourly work on projects. As a consultant, I use it to create documentation of my hours for my nonprofit clients whom I bill hourly. As a journalist, I might put a hundred hours into a story before I get paid — tracking that time helps me negotiate the rate I deserve later. When I'm juggling multiple clients or commitments, or very busy, this helps me feel like my work time has a concrete start and end point, too.

Cons

I often leave the timer on, so I log back in and it says I've spent 100 hours on something — but this is easily fixable. I have no complaints with Toggl's functionality — and did I mention that the version for individual users is free?

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

Toggl is free for me as an individual, and Harvest comes at a cost.

Amy from Wiro Agency

Great UI, poor UX. Very difficult to use and doesn't integrate well with processes

This really didn't solve any business issues. We wanted to become more co-ordinated and understand if we were hitting budgets and estimates, deadlines etc. This made it more disjointed than having no software

Pros

The interface is very nice. Visually, this software looks great. Other facets of the software such as Toggl Plan work well.

Cons

Our team tried to use this software for about 6 months. The result: No one tracked their time. We moved to Harvest a couple of months ago and since then everyone has tracked all of their time for 40hrs/week. The issue was the UX - tasks don't integrate well with other users. There's no company projects set up that everyone assigns time to. You either track against another team members' task or you create your own task. This creates a massively disjointed system as everyone is tracking in different ways. We didn't gather enough data to quantify (due to the difficulty with getting people to track and understand how this software works) but things like estimates, which are really important to understanding if we're going over budget, aren't focused on to demonstrate when we're going over budget or if we're on track. The software also doesn't integrate well with other Toggl platforms - it doesn't pull through tasks automatically into Toggl plan or allow time tracking against tasks in Plan. Hard to get everyone to update multiple versions of the task in Plan, Track, then also our project management software.

Shannon from Masthead Media

Streamlined and Simple—Does One Thing Well

Despite the drawbacks mentioned, it's still so easy to just login and get tracking that I use this tool on personal projects and individual freelance clients.

Pros

It does exactly what you'd expect from time tracking software, and the interface is much more simplistic than some alternative tools. That means if you just need to jump into it and start the clock, then you can easily start your tasks and be effective.

Cons

The reporting features are less intuitive than they could be. I find the lack of subtasks for projects a real constraint if you needed this for complex tasks. So when it's time to move my tracked time from Toggl to my invoice, it's just not quite as slick as the tracking aspect. It's still doable, but just a bit more convoluted and less capable of handling complexity than some competing tools.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

I actually use both tools regularly. Harvest is very robust and is used by the company I work for, and Toggl offers fewer features but is capable for what I need on personal projects.

Helen from Odyssey Editing

Simple, precise timer function

I am a freelance editor who sometimes works hourly and sometimes not. Either way, it is hugely beneficial to see how much time I am spending on various editing projects.

Pros

I love having the app open while I edit, with the tab at the top of my screen showing how much time I've been editing. It's also extremely helpful to be able to revise the time spent, because I sometimes forget to stop the tracker when I stop editing. I very much appreciate the fact that they deleted the "always on" Suggestions for projects, because I was often finished with projects that would keep popping up as Suggestions. Now I can hide those. Big improvement.

Cons

The mobile app sometimes does not sync properly or gets out of whack. I also can't find a way to go back and add a new entry to a past day.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

Harvest was too complex and had much more than I needed. Toggl Track is beautifully simple.

Amanda from Hazelnut Naturopathic Health

Toggle for Independent Contractors

Overall, I like using this. I'm an independent contractor doing some side work, and I find this is invaluable for accurate timing. It's easy to start and stop which is critical as a mom with kids. I would highly recommend this for anyone who is a small business or independent contractor who needs to track billable hours.

Pros

Toggle is very easy to use with a quick set up. It walks you through how to use it. I like the weekly hour email which is generated.

Cons

The time sheet doesn't shrink well when you minimize the window/use it in split screen.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

Toggle generates the hours in a report for you instead of keeping track of it myself.

Sheilla from Sanon Studio

A literal time saver

I absolutely love it. It's the easiest, most intuitive time tracker online.

Pros

Toggl is the only software I'll ever use to track my billable hours. It's extremely easy to organize clients and projects and attribute them to any time spent tracked. I like that I can view reports and get beautiful visuals to reflect my hours. The fact that it's free makes it almost too good to be true.

Cons

The only thing I wish Toggl would include would be a notification or some kind of message to let the user know that they have hours without a client/project attached. Clicking the Start/Stop button is so easy and is the quickest way to jump into a task. If a user forgets to attribute a client/project to it, it may go accidentally un-billed. It would also be nice if it had native integration with SquareUp.

Mick from BPL Marketing

Easy to use and free!

We have a number of support contracts with our web clients and they pay a certain amount for a percentage of my time so being able to see who I was over servicing and under servicing is a great help when renewing contracts and estimating on new projects.

Pros

I use the Toggl track to keep a fairly strict account of how my time is spent. I work as the only Web Project Manager in a a team of two so I can be viewed as being on my own with little accountability. Using Toggl lets me have that at my fingertips.

Cons

Nothing really. Sometimes it can be a bit fiddly uncoupling the reports from other team members but once you know how to do it it is easy.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

We had a time sheet template that was too fiddly and couldn't produce the reports I wanted.

December 2021

Single button app that does what you need

Comfortable tracking of time spent on projects and tasks, with good reporting.

Pros

Super simple to use, great UX from the start. Most functions can be done by single button which is awesome. Continuing existing task is also single click, you can add more tags/description if you need.

Cons

After several years of using toggle daily i had just a single issue when tasks were not synchronized from mobile application and were gone when i checked them on the mobile the next day.

Heidy from GBH

Amazing amazing amazing

Great, highly recommend

Pros

Just amazing and SO easy to use! If you are independent and working on projects (with hours to bill, etc) or have a business it works so great to trash time and it is so easy to use. You can change the colors of projects. Toggl s so visually pleasing. They did a fanstastic job

Cons

Can't think of anything at the moment that I don't love

Anna from Self

December 2021

Keeps me working professionally and efficiently

Pros

As a freelance voiceover artist, it is imperative that I have tools to keep track of my "clocked" hours, since I charge by the minute. Knowing I can tracking my working hours down to the second, in a trustworthy and efficient manner, adds to my value (and confidence as a professional). I can then easily create invoices from my entries in Toggl Track.

Cons

In order to see the total time spent on a project (if starting and stopping the time), you have to assign each entry into a Project folder. wish I could click on the project from the Timer page instead.

Ema from The Clarity Editor

Industry: Writing and Editing

An incredibly useful tool for freelancers

I love Toggl Track!! As a freelancer, it's indispensable for keeping track of my hours by project or client so I can create invoices (outside of Toggl Track). It makes it easy to collect the data to calculate the time I need for certain types of work, and helps me keep track of my training hours, which I need for my professional organization. All in all, I can't live without it and recommend it highly.

Pros

Its simplicity. Everything is quite intuitive--you can create multiple projects for each client, add descriptions, and add tags, and it's simple to run reports by those parameters. Generating the reports is straightforward and incredibly useful, and the data can be exported as CSV files (also as PDFs). It's handy having a desktop app (there's also a mobile app, which I don't use as much) with the option of running the timer directly in a browser--handy when I'm working away from my usual desktop.

Cons

Occasionally, I switch from one computer with the Toggl Track desktop app to another computer and have some syncing issues. The timer I thought was still running would have stopped or not stopped and I end up with some odd blocks of time. I haven't yet been able to figure out the exact issue so as to prevent this from happening (not enough time to sync with the cloud?). It can also be a pain to find an older project and start that timer again (e.g., a project that I had to set aside for 2 months and then pick up again)--you have to search for the entry you want through the web interface and copy & paste the description into the timer and manually add the same tags to start recording again.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

I've heard of a few similar services but am so pleased with Toggl Track that I've not bothered to try the others.

Jeff from The Innovative Creative LLC

Toggl Track

I have been using Toggl for six years. I have implemented it in law firms, with partner agencies and used it as a search engine rater back in the day. Its just easy to use, straight forward and un-inhibited.

Pros

I love the flexibility to organize my time and track time useage without worrying that I missed time I won't be able to capture later or getting stuck in system linguistics that don't match my project or tracking needs.

Cons

I would love to be able to attach more detailed notes to the project that don't need to list with the actual time entry in reports. Also, the integrations are not useful for me. There is no Quickbooks or Microsoft integration.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

I still use QBO, Wave and Practice Panther, but not for direct, automated time-tracking. QBO and Wave are great for invoicing but not tracking time. For my legal clients, Practice Panther is expensive and it's automated time tracking is to complex and overall the system does not do well for administrative project management. I can use Toggl to organize my work, track time on projects and include the report in invoicing through QBO or Wave.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

Wave is not really an ideal solution for automating time tracking.

Yvette from Inbound Marketing Bliss

Awesome for solopreneurs

I have used it on and off for years (I'm not all that good at tracking time consistently), and now that I have figured out the integration with Asana, I am smitten.

Pros

what I most love about the software is how it integreates with Asana. You link the two in Chrome and then you will only need to click a link icon next to a task to start timing. That way, all your work on one task will be tracked together. I have all that I need in the free account, and would certainly keep using it if I need to upgrade when, down the road, my team would grow.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. I am really happy.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

Harvest did not have a free trial and the tracking option in my bookkeeping software was cluncky

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

the Paymo free option had become too limited and the tracking tool in my bookkeeping software was clunky

Simple, elegant, reliable

I've been a Toggl Track user for several years, on and off, and have found it to be one of the most pivotal tools for maintaining my productivity. If I have a timer running for a particular task, I'm far less likely to switch tasks until it's done. It's remarkable how such a simple tool can have such an impact on my stress levels, too. Since I'm a solo user, I've only used the free account, but it's more than enough for my needs. While there are several similar products on the market that will do basically the same job, it's the simplicity, clean interface and integrations that keep me loyal to Toggl. Aside from keeping me on track day-to-day, the data it generates is very valuable when looking at how I'm spending my time over weeks or months. This helps ensure I'm spending the bulk of my time on the jobs that matter most (it's shocking how much time email can suck out of your day if you let it!) The recent addition of the Timeline view makes it easier than ever to fill in the holes throughout the day where you've forgotten to set a timer, giving a complete picture and breakdown of your days.

Pros

The simplicity, clean interface and numerous integrations. I should also highlight the stability and reliability. I can't rate the customer service because I've never needed to contact them!

Cons

There's very little to criticize here. What it sets out to do, it does extremely well. As a fan of the Pomodoro technique, I feel this function could be improved in Toggl. I'd prefer it if it didn't automatically stop the timer, but rather gave me the option to trigger a break after a set time.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

Clockify is a good alternative, but I prefer Toggl's UI and the way it integrates with the other tools I use (like Notion).

Bigue from Aérospatiale

Simply the best time tracking solution freely available for self-employed and freelance

Toggl is simply wonderful, very close to perfect to me.

Pros

I was tired of wasting a fortune with paid services just to track the time spent on an handful of tasks when working for my clients. I tried a few solutions out there, but all were paid, loaded with features that I didn't even need, and were a bit of a mess to navigate through just to manage my hours of issue a simple time report. I'm so glad I found Toggl : the basic free tier offers everything I need, has a sleek interface and is a bliss to use on a daily basis. Just select the project, type what you're doing and hit the "start" button to start tracking. Every previous task has a "start" button, it's as easy as one click to resume work on an existing task ! Editing time entries is as intuitive as editing text, and generating full-fledge, good looking detailed reports by client/project/task type for any time period is as easy as checking a few boxes and selecting the dates. The free version has everything you need for perfect time tracking for a single person. Simply perfect.

Cons

None, really, apart from a few very minor annoyances I found with the browser UI : - Some quirks when editing time entries, but you get used to the way the time editing UI works with experience. - In some specific states, clicking the "start" button has no effect, so you end up not having tracked your time after doing a task. It still happens to me from time to time. This can be annoying, so I have to keep a vigilent eye the status icon (browser tab icon) when I'm working on something.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

Because the free version offers all I need, in a simple intuitive sleek interface !

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

Too expensive for my needs. Many features I didn't need (billing, expenses, etc.). I just wanted simple time tracking by client / project / task.

Bruno from Royal HaskoningDHV

Industry: Civil Engineering

The best time tracking app!!

Before I used an Excel sheet to record what projects I worked on, from what time to what time... and that needed a lot of maintenance, and I eventually stopped using it. With Toggl Track I can see which days I worked over time, or under time, so that at the end of the week I can compensate, and when it is time for timesheets, I can go to Toggl and see how much time I spent on which projects. It is also useful when you have a time budget for a specific task, I can compare the time spent VS budget, and see how I can improve (work more efficiently). Toggl Track has made tracking time easy and effortless.

Pros

The first thing that I liked when I started using Toggl Track is how the app looks. For something you will use everyday, it must have beautiful design, and in my opinion this app is well designed. Second for me is how practical it is to log the time entries. Some apps are online only (which I am not a big fan), and this app allows time to be tracked on a windows app, android, apple devices, internet browsers... I used the Windows app the most because I log my work hours and I work mainly on a laptop. Third is how easy is it to find relevant information about time tracked, or time reports, and Toggl Track gives me weekly reports with all the projects I worked on, it can give how much time I have spent on a project overall, and recently we can see our time logs on a calendar view (very useful).

Cons

One feature I felt was missing is the Google Calendar integration, but I received a notification today to inform me that the feature is now available for beta users, so it is coming (and we do have the option of URL for paid users). In general I don't like monthly subscriptions, and I prefer to avoid those when I can... and I would gladly pay for a once-off fee (reasonable for my corner of the world)... but the free version does all that I need from the software, so I can't really count that as a negative really. I am not a big fan of the pink app color... but don't hate it either... just wish they picked a different color.

Brian from BrianSwanick.com

Since 2015, Toggl has been my only time-tracking app

The basic time-tracking aspect cannot be understated, it's dead simple to use out of the box. I have used other time-tracking apps that turned out to be bundled together with invoicing and I simply don't need that. I bill fixed retainers and only record hours for internal purposes so that I can course correct if I am ahead or behind on work and fix time-sucks. Other tools like Harvest wanted to integrate it all and it was heavy. I can't remember how I found Toggl but it was perfect. I had a hard time understanding the difference between Clients & Projects, at first. It was easy to pick up but I think I got confused with a UI change years ago. No problems since.

Pros

Out of the box, simple to use. Simple pricing and a free tier. The reporting is really simple but has 4 default views. This makes analysis really easy, knowing that I can see my work for an individual client over the course of a week, month, or year with just a couple clicks.

Cons

I have found the latest UI update has made clicking the Start button in the web UI to be pretty slow, I end up having to click it twice a lot and that is annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

Simplicity. I don't need a bundle. I use Quickbooks for invoicing now and I plan to stick with Toggl until I am forced to move.

Best Time Tracker, hands down!

My time was slipping away and I didn't know where it was all going. Waiting for files to render means 4-10 minutes of time twiddling my thumbs; then picking up on some other task like replying to emails that I would like to do for the ten minutes. That quickly turns into 40 minutes and then the momentum is gone! I don't know how long Ive been working on what and then all of a sudden its 5pm and its all over! Toggl makes the day seem worth it. When you can accurately track your time you can see where you are slipping up; going over; losing money and it helps get over the pitfalls of a busy and variety filled work day. If you work with multiple clients, have many different types of tasks, or you want to know how much to bill a client (a function I didnt use it for as I work for myself) Toggl is the job. I can think of so many more uses for it that don't apply to me or my business but its robust and really well integrated with loads of other apps.

Pros

Toggl is so easy to use! There is an auto function that gathers info on what you are doing on your computer and you can then review the items in 15 minute chunks; by app, by webpage or by document. Its such an easy way to automatically track your time so you aren't fussing with buttons etc. Really easy and beautiful interface too. The app integrations are great and work with apps like Asana and Trello really well.

Cons

Some small bugs when switching from apps too quickly and the mobile app doesn't have the same amount of functionality as the desktop version (which is to be expected of course) Other than that its pretty solid.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

Toggl had the integration with Asana and has the auto tracking feature

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

I changed project management software and Toggl had a better integration with the new software

A solid offering in the time-tracking space.

Overall, it does what I need to. I have tried many MANY time tracking softwares over the years, including the time tracker included with FreshBooks - which you would think I'd use as it integrates directly with my billing - but I kept coming back to and using Toggl, despite the few hiccups I encounter.

Pros

The key for me here is its ability to integrate with my project management software: Asana. Beyond that, I think they have a good cross-platform presence with their easy-to-use mobile app and, desktop (Windows) app and web app; I use all 3 regularly but the desktop client the most. Oh yeah, and the Chrome extension.

Cons

Its cross-platform nature also proves to be a challenge (at lest for me). There are 4 places I set it up (see Pros) and sometimes they conflict / send duplicate messages / aren't in sync or don't sync very quickly. If you're on one computer, this isn't an issue but when moving between devices this isn't as seamless as I'd like. Part of this might be attributed to my own connectivity challenges at times and the configuration of each client on every system. The thing is, I don't need notifications from the web app and desktop client and the desktop client on my laptop next to me. But the Chrome extension is required to sync with Asana and I prefer to use the desktop client when, well, I'm at my desktop. So... short of going in and honing which notifications show where, it remains an issue. I have done this, yet I tend to format my system a few times a year and having no way to "remember" these settings becomes a pain. I also spend more time than I'd like correcting tags, and making sure tasks are categorized properly. There's an odd bug in the Asana integration that forces me to use a mouse to add tags rather than keeping my hands on my keyboard. A small nitpick but it does mess with my flow.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

I was primarily comparing what integrations mattered to me most as well as if there was / what was accessible with the free plan should I decide not to pay.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

I can't recall the name of the software but they had a server issue which had it down for some time. This outage prompted me to look for an alternative.

Lisandro from Plus The Core Inc

Toggl is the best time tracking software

We've been using Toggl in our business for over a year. It's key to track the time it takes to do certain tasks. We didn't know that when we started and we weren't tracking anything. When we found that out, we started tracking our times manually (writing the time of start and the time we ended in Evernote) This activity itself took too much time. But when we discovered Toggl it was productivity-changing! It's essential for our daily activities now. We considered many options like RescueTime and others I don't remember but found Toggl to be the most straightforward/easy to use

Pros

How EASY it is to use the features. I love that it remembers past entries so you don't need to retype any frequent activities. Also, the reports are really detailed. And I really appreciate it when I get an email from Toggl because I forgot to stop the timer; really useful!

Cons

The fact that it has not a mobile version of their site. The Toggl app was a total mess since the day I installed even though they tried to fix the issues updating the app several times (and even making a NEW app) but with no results. So when using my phone, I rely on their website to access my Toggl timer and reports but it looks terrible on phones. Also, their reports are not directly accessed via the Toggl desktop program but it opens the website (so when I have no internet access I cannot see it; it would be cool if I could).

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

Toggl looks more easy and intuitive. It doesn't have many robust features but that's what made it the right option for us as what we really wanted was simple: track time and get weekly reports and Toggl is more than capable of doing that.

Narendra from SprintCube

Awesome time tracking app!

I am using Toggl since 2017. And everyone at SprintCube is using Toggl for tracking their time. This helps me to focus on important things instead of micromanaging. We use it for all our activities like meetings, development, calls, and what not. Also, this data helps us to negotiate with clients!! We can also have different reports which help us to identify the areas where and how much our time is invested. Overall, this app is awesome and helps us to be more productive!

Pros

Toggl is a full-featured time tracking application. - It is very simple to use. - It provides features like idle time detection, tracking reminder. - The app is available for all the platforms like desktop, mobile, and web. You can even integrate into the Chrome browser to easily track time on any third-party application like BitBucket, GitLab, Jira, etc. - Powerful reports with export option. You can filter the time entries by project, client or user. - An option to create different workspaces which help to be more organized. - You can create a client, their projects and also assign a team to track everyone's time. - An option to assign tags to time entries. This helps to filter reports. - Everything is synced in the cloud, so we can use it from anywhere. Also, we don't have to worry about data backup. - The paid version has more advanced features, but I haven't used them yet as the free version provides most of the features that I need!

Cons

In the free version, it provides all the basic features. But still, I miss the following things. - In reports, the time entries are not grouped by date. - The number of users in a team is just 5. It would be great to have at least 10 users for small agencies which can't afford the paid version.

Lindsay from RecordedWord, Inc.

We haven't considered changing tools since the beginning!

We have employees that use the Toggl Chrome extension and others using the desktop version. We also have it on our mobile devices. We run reports for payroll and we run reports to see how much time we spend doing a, b or c, and therefore, we are able to see what profit or loss we accumulated on a specific project, based on our original quote. It's not too complex nor too simple to meet our needs.

Pros

Toggl allows an employer to see all employees' details in one "team" location. The reports are wonderful. Toggl is easy to use. It connects well with other tools like Asana. Very few (if any) glitches/bugs on the important things. Aesthetically clean and easy to navigate. Updates quickly. I receive a weekly report of hours worked, classified by time spent per project. Great tagging system. Allows you to list your clients and projects so that everything stays organized. You can also add a description for any entry. Can easily pick up where you left off without having to re-enter the details of what you're working on. Great searching feature that allows you to see all work done in a time period, by group of employees, with certain key word or with one or multiple tags.

Cons

It would be nice if you could customize the reports more. For example, I would like to print a PDF of a report showing all time entries but not showing who was the user for each entry. There have also been some features that I've struggled to figure out how to navigate or turn off and on. For example, Toggl started creating a new entry every time I paused and resumed instead of resuming the same entry. Once resolved, it has worked great, but it took me a while to figure out what setting was causing the issue.

We have been tracking our time for many years

We started using toggl more than five years ago as task tracking, timesheet generation and reporting. The data has provided insight into how much time is spent on random things and how productive one's team actually is. And helps project managers to plan and achieve realistic timeframes. I haven't made use of the premium features. However the features available include multiple workspace (I have one for my personal projects), manual & live time tracking, calender view, a game-like achievements , coloured clients, projects, tags and export & reporting tools. I have and will recommend Toggl

Pros

The app and most functions are free for teams less than 5 members. This is great as we are a minute company. The desktop app is great to use to track your time, task switching and can setup hour intervals with a notice popping up to remind you to track your time..

Cons

The recent colour change to pink/purple is a bit weird on the user interface. But that's just my subjective opinion

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

We needed a more automatic approach to tracking our time and time reporting than manually entering into a spread sheet.

Danielle from DaniMagestro.com

For clients who buy hours, this helps

I use the free version and it's been fabulous for my business. I have clients that buy a few hours of work with me and this helps me make sure that I'm on track and not giving away free time. I really enjoy that it's in the browser too.

Pros

Browser extension that reminds me to actually clock my time. It's nuts. I'll be on a website working on a project and it reminds me to actually push the button and track what I'm doing. Love it. It also lets me group stuff by project.

Cons

Maybe if it had an audible alarm to alert you when closing out of a browser instead of leaving the timer on. I normally have to go back and edit my time because it then says it took 29 hours to do something. An alarm or something that goes off when closing down would really help me avoid that.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

No fluff and the ability to track time in browser.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

I needed timekeeping, not the full suite.

Michael from Midimis LLC

There's no reason to use any other software for your time tracking

I feel like such a freeloader because I've always used the free version of toggl and it has been more than I need for all of my time tracking needs. I started out using it as a freelancer, and it still works at the free level for me even with a couple of team members. I absolutely love Toggl, so the least I can do is leave this review for them.

Pros

I love the simple interface and how it provides the option to discard your inactive time (for those cases where you leave your desk and forget to pause your timer), keep your time as part of your existing time tracking project, or save the time to a new time tracking project.

Cons

I've been using the software for over 5 years. Initially there were some hiccups, but that has all been ironed out now. This is as close as you get to perfect software that does exactly what you want it to do.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

This is one of those no-brainer decisions. There is absolutely no other time tracking software you should use instead of toggl. This is the one you want.

Michelle from www.dressmygoose.com

Time management has never been so easy!

It is great! After our first week with Toggl, my son was able to decrease the amount of time he spent getting distracted by a full hour each day. When I showed him just how much time he was spending on each class, and how much quicker he finished his assignments when he just focused he was able to see the positives.

Pros

I use Toggl to track both mine and my child's schoolwork on a daily basis. While he is simply navigating third grade compared to my taking classes to receive my bachelor's degree, Toggl helps us both immensely. The ability to track how much time you spend on each class is very helpful and let's you see just how productive you are. You can see how much time you have spent on a specific task/class or during a specific time period. This allows you to see which areas you might be spending too much time on. Toggl has shown me that I was spending roughly the same amount of time working on each classes' assignments, apart from one class. I further noted that I spent an additional 30 minutes a day finishing my work for Accounting and planned my future days accordingly. What I really love about it is how it allows me to track how much time my son is spending on each of his classes, especially since he is in virtual online school this year. There have been times where instead of learning his multiplication problems in Math, I have found him watching videos on Youtube and with Toggl tracking how much time he spends on each class I can easily see when and where he is getting distracted or may need help.

Cons

It is much better to use Toggl on a desktop VS your phone, in my opinion. The text is very small and hard to read on the phone.

Sagar from Patel-Apps Pvt Ltd

Easy to use, Effective, Efficient and Productive

I have been using Toggl for more than 6 months. It helps me to see where and how much time I am spending.

Pros

1. Available across all major platforms like Android, Apple, Windows and Chrome. 2. Tags. 3. Reports. 4. Suggestions of time entries based on history as we write to enter new time and task entry.

Cons

1. Lags too much. 2. Errors in automatic tag entries. 3. We have to stop timer first to enter manual entry.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

Toggl gives proper, more effective and efficient report when we export it.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

TMetric also fulfils the purpose. In fact, TMetric shows desktop activities too which is still under development in Toggl. Toggl wins when it comes to UI and TMetric wins when it comes to UX.

Robert from Tim Penerjemah Alkitab Bahasa Saluan

Industry: Writing and Editing

Toggl Track - Exceptional!

I wanted a way to track my time usage across several categories, and Toggl does this well. Tracking time usage for these categories will help me estimate time use on future projects. After I have tested Toggl more thoroughly I plan to introduce it to my colleagues.

Pros

It does exactly what I need it to do - keep track of my work time by project, category and task. It was quite easy to learn. It works seamlessly across devices. It doesn't need internet access to work, which is especially important for me as I often work off-grid.

Cons

The only thing -very minor- that I don't like is that when I am using my laptop for other things it keeps giving reminders to turn on my timecard. I'm sure there's a way to turn this off, but I haven't had time to figure it out.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

Many other apps offered a trial version. But their trial versions were very limited in features and/or time. Toggl had all the features I wanted available in the free version. My work team is small, and I needed to find something that I could use free for several months before considering purchasing. Even the free trial version of Toggl is robust, and has capabilities that I haven't had time to explore. The paid versions of Toggl were in my estimation more reasonably priced than other apps.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

Too time consuming to track time, make sure all the formulas across all categories were correct. Couldn't use it across devices. Difficult to keep track of time spent on specific tasks and categories.

Nathan from HMB Professional Engineers, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

Super simple clean time tracking software, though recent changes make it less useful

It's the best cloud based time tracking option out there, period.

Pros

I love that Toggl is quick to set up new projects and get to work. It shouldn't be a big deal to start tracking your time, because it's such a minimalistic task, but a lot of time trackers make it a big thing to start a project. I also like that it's cloud based, so no matter which office I'm working from, it's not a big deal. I like that it takes time entries in various formats (like I can type in 1h, or 60:00, or 1:00 and it understands them all), and I like that it's painless to switch projects (which I do every time a co-worker comes to ask me a question).

Cons

I don't like the recent changes that don't let you see your history without generating a report. I also wish it integrated with Google Calendar/Outlook and would automatically import meetings/scheduled events and tag them with the correct project (or ask me if they ought to be tagged). I also don't like that it runs until you turn it off, without reminders or updates - like it'll run 8 hours and send me a reminder, but if I ignore that single note, it stops. I would like it to send multiple updates, or have the ability to cut off, and to send me a notification/alert to start it again the next morning, because sometimes I'll forget and come back two days later to find 48 hours tracked to a single project.

Rachel from Elevation Church

Track Your Time with Ease

Contractors on our team can easily track how much time they spend on projects so they not only know how much they should be paid, but also how much time the different aspects of their projects take. For our full-time staff, Toggl has helped us recognize which projects are demanding too much time and where additional hires are necessary to help us accomplish projects efficiently. We have used Toggl data to pitch multiple hires within our organization because it helps people outside our department grasp the time demanded by projects they may not fully understand.

Pros

Toggl is INCREDIBLY easy to use. The desktop app allows me to quickly switch between tasks and projects without feeling like I'm wasting my time trying to track my time. In the web browser, I can quickly pull reports to show how much time I've spent on a specific project and/or during a specific time period. Our team can also share these with our supervisor so she can see where our hours are going and use this data to pitch/justify new hires. Toggl's customer support is FANTASTIC if you have questions or need help using the software efficiently.

Cons

It takes a bit of time and effort on the front end to determine what major buckets ("Projects") your job requires so you can categorize your tasks efficiently and make it accessible for the right reports, but once you get that straightened out, we haven't experienced any other issues.

Laura from Dancing with Ease

When I get this app set up, I'll be able to track multiple projects!

Better organization of workflow in my business and clearer understanding of where I'm making money and losing money!

Pros

Ability to track multiple activities - my time spent on marketing my biz, billable time with clients, research hours, learning time, and if I want to track personal time I can. I want to do more with less and tracking hours for billing uses lots of time. This was recommended to me as a time saving organizational tool. The free version is fairly robust (good details on their website https://toggl.com/feature-list/) and the help files are good. I'm a solopreneur, have started with the free version. It allows Up to 5 team members, Unlimited Projects, Reliable reporting plus 26 other features. The Starter version is isn't a huge expense and has 41 features compared to 29 features in the free version. The Billable Rates and Rounding in Reports, and Save Reports for easy access are the two features that will be most time-saving for me. Since I'm planning to scale up, it would be useful to track subcontractors' time working on specific projects.

Cons

The app will track lots of different things so it is kind of complicated to set up. I first tried to set Toggl up on my phone as I will be tracking most of my hours on my phone. This wasn't 100% successful as my phone is small, and typing and reading details is a bit tricky. I decided to set it up on my computer then track time there and on my phone depending on where I'm working. I wanted to set up as accurately as possible to utilize it well. It's much easier to open new windows for help files and tutorials while on the computer. The free version is very useful and I like seeing all my projects and how my time is spread among them. However, I was disappointed that the feature that would streamline my processes the most - creating billable time entries - requires purchasing a paid plan. (I recognize this is smart marketing for the growth of the business.)

Mariana from Fullsky

Best time tracker so far

In general, my experiences has been very positive. I can easily keep track of my employees, the time their spending in different projects and the billing hours on particular tasks.

Pros

This is a very useful tool for our organization as it allows us to keep a detailed record of the time invested by each of our collaborators in the different activities proposed by the group directors. We work with several contractors and this application allows us to control their working time and therefore the total value to pay for their services. Likewise, we love that we can know how much time has been allocated to a specific project in order to measure efficiencies and delays.

Cons

I love the simplicity of the tool, but sometimes a find it Too simple. Specially the phone application. I feel like the phone app could be a bit more robust as it is online.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

Easy to use Friendly application Free version to start with. Easy to download reports.

Efficent tool for time/project management

This program helped the team to have a realistic understanding of the actual time spend in different activities. This allowed us to plan better our work and projects for the next months. We have also used it to measures the request we receive from external team in order to decide if in the future, we we can manage them internally or not.

Pros

If you don't have a lot of experience in project management or you start managing a task that is outside your daily work, it is very easy to underestimate the amount of time you need to complete it. This can cause your employees to be upset or be frustrated when trying to reach unrealistic deadlines. Toggl is a very simple tool, but help you understand how many time you have dedicated to a task so you will have a better understanding in how your time is allocated in certain activities. This is very useful when showing clients or management how much time and resources was really needed for each project phase. Toggl offers the ability to label projects, create groups and sends reminders when you left your timer running for too long. It also have a reporting sessions that is mainly basic but contains all the important information you might need for simple reports, To start working with the tool is very easy and it requires only a few minutes to create your account and set up.

Cons

My only complaint so far is the trial version allows you to add only 5 team members on your group. It is a pity, because this small limit, does not allow you to understand how powerful this tool is when managing the tasks/times of big teams

Raitis from Caption

The easiest to use time tracker out there

Go for it if you need to start tracking your time without every beginning of an entry requiring you to type in a load information before the timer starts. Try with patience if you plan to use the browser version and the app simultaneously as the sync is way off. If you only stick to a single device to start and stop, be it the mobile app or browser version - it's all good. P.S. It might be that the desktop app solves this issue, but I'm not overly fond of installing something separately.

Pros

+ I needed something that I can start and edit later to avoid distractions. This does it perfectly. You can start a timer and give it a description and project later (a surprisingly small amount of products had this). + A great set of features even for a free user (report exports, long history). + Handy renaming of more than a single entry.

Cons

- The one and only thing that frustrates me is the awful sync between the desktop and mobile. I have since stopped using the mobile app and keep a tab open on my PC to start and stop when I need it. Not a huge issue for me as time tracking is usually work related.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

It allows you to get to work instead of fiddling with the naming. I.e. has the ability to just start a timer without an obligatory entry of what it is. Just go and type details in later, when the work is done.

Agnes from Góborné Jámbor Ágnes

Best price/benefit choice for time tracking

Very useful for easy time tracking and quite easy to prepare time reports. Mobile applications support place independent working time tracking. Very useful software/application for time tracking in case of multiple projects and supports time-based billing for clients. As freelancer business consultant I consider this software as one of the most important tool I use especially for remote projects. I also used this tool for time estimating and/or time measuring for process implementation/reorganisation projects I would highly recommend for everyone who works remotely, bill on time-based or wants to measure time requirement for any purpose. Overall I am really satisfied with this product, only smaller features would be useful. Currently I use the free version, but I consider to swith advanced versions and pay monthly/yearly fee for it.

Pros

Easy time tracking Reporting and download reports Multiplatforms and applications for mobile devices

Cons

Project and task selection/assigment - time consuming task/project selection in case of many tasks Lack of report variant saving (e.g. saved selection criterias of time reports for clients, projects)

Time tracking function Easy tracking and reporting Time measurement

Easy to use and does what I need

When I was a contractor I had to use Toggl for tracking and it was so easy that I continued when I went back to being a full-time employee. It has saved me a few times when one of my time sheets did not go in correctly or days off were not booked, as I was able to easily go back in time and look at the exact hours worked.

Pros

It is very easy to use. Just click the start button and start recording. Assign my time to various timecard categories as I go.

Cons

I wish I could book my time also by the project I'm working on. I work on several different projects in a typical week, so this does not seem to be possible or at least practical. It's also just a nice-to-have because my employer doesn't want it, only I do.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

Because this was also free and much easier to use, and more functional.

Brandon from Self-employed at Zellous Design

Full featured and easy to use.

Toggl makes it extremely easy for me to track time spent on various tasks/projects/clients. After trying Toggl for myself, I finally understand why they're so popular.

Pros

In comparing several time-tracking tools, Toggl ended up being the clear winner. Toggl has an interface that looks nice and is user friendly. When trying to track the time I spend working on a project, it is imperative that the process of the logging the time is as frictionless as possible. Toggl did a great job. Hours was a close tie in terms of the web app experience. Hours looked a little nicer, but was a little too minimalistic. Toggl provided the tools I actually needed. But the Mac app is what really sealed the deal for Toggl. There are times when I forget to stop the timer, and the Mac app allows Toggl to detect idle time and ask me if I want to keep it or discard it. This is absolutely a must-have feature. I should also mention: The chronological view of when and for how long I've worked on projects/clients in a given day: This was also a feature I wanted to have, and luckily Toggle includes in the "Timeline" view.

Cons

There's an awesome feature called Timeline which shows you a graph of what programs your using as you work on different projects... at least I think that's what it does. So far it hasn't populated with any data. It's supposed to pull data from the Mac app if you have "Record Timeline" checked, but it's not. Toggl sent out a nice "Need any help" type email and I took advantage of this to ask about the Timeline issue. However, I haven't received any reply. Hopefully they'll reply eventually... One minor con: In the chronological view (Timeline) you can't click on the timeline to manually input some time. This is nice and easy in Hours. Hours also makes it so easy to know when "now" is. In toggl, the current time isn't indicated. Unfortunate, but not a deal breaker.

Patricia from Self employed

If time is gold, know where and how you're spending it

Toggl Track helps me stay focused and keeps me from multi-tasking. There are times that parallel tasking cannot be avoided and I can't track such activities at the same time but that also helps me decide which task is bigger or more important and that's the one I would choose to track. Pomodoro timers have been a great tool for keeping track and setting a limit to time I spend on tasks but there are times I get carried away because I'm just seeing my timer running out. Toggl Track helps me see how much time I've spent on a task and helps me decide whether I should defer it for the time being and take a proper break from it to recallibrate.

Pros

Toggl Track time tracking is easy to use with just a tap of a previous activity. The calendar view makes it easy to see and visualize how the day has gone and how much time is left before or during an activity I've set on my calendar. Events I've placed on my calendar can also be converted into a time tracking entry.

Cons

It's tedious to get started from blank, with no examples of activities or projects. I'm not sure if it is my device but sometimes the app loads slowly that I've spent half a minute waiting for it and for me to set a new time track. It may seem like a small amount of time but if it accumulates throughout the day, that's a couple of minutes enough to be doing something else instead of just waiting for an app screen to load properly.

Reasons for Switching to Toggl Track

I couldn't understand how to use TopTracker and is not available on mobile.

Perfect Timekeeping for COnsultants

As an independent management consultant, I need to keep track of the hours I spend working on various projects with multiple clients. Not only does this help me bill appropriately, it also helps the client know exactly where their money is going when they work with me. This is the first program I tried for timekeeping and over two years, I have never felt the need to switch to try or switch to any other program.

Pros

I have used Toggl from the moment I started my consulting business. I love that it has both the "timer" feature as well as the "manual" feature, which is what I use the most. I appreciate how I can have unlimited clients and projects for those clients. The reports I can run from Toggl are perfect: I can run by week, month, or custom time period and by client + all projects, or just by project. I run & download the colorful monthly reports and provide this information to my clients, and they really appreciate the detail. Toggl is easy to use, has great features even in the free version, and does everything I need for it to do.

Cons

I have yet to find anything about Toggle that I don't like. I recommend it to every consultant that I meet who asks "What do you use to keep track of your time?"

Emilie from Freelance

Very handy tool for keeping track of time spent on multiple projects

I love using Toggl to track my time as a freelancer! My clients appreciate that I can give them an exact breakdown of where my time goes, and it helps me maintain focus on my various projects.

Pros

As a freelancer that needs to keep track of my hours spent working for multiple clients and across multiple projects, I LOVE Toggl. I cannot stress enough how much easier this has made it for me to track my time and accurately assess what I'm spending the most time on. I especially love: - Toggl's free plan includes enough basic features that you can get a good feel for the software without having to commit - Ability to break down tasks within projects means helps keep timesheets as specific as possible, which my clients appreciate - Chrome extension is very easy to use, and reminds me to track my time whenever I'm online - Autotracker and idle time features are both extremely helpful for holding me accountable + keeping my hours accurate

Cons

In my opinion, Toggl is the best time-tracking software on the market right now. That being said, if I had to list potential future improvements: - As someone that multitasks / hops around between projects pretty regularly, I wish there was a way to run multiple timers at once or otherwise account for this - Mobile app, while a handy offering, isn't as easy to navigate as the desktop application

Dipin from SIS, Ahmedabad

Best ever time tracking app

Pros

The best part about Toggle is that I can see all my representative detail in one look! The application is basic and direct to utilize and route. We can get to the undertakings by means of work area PC, versatile or any gadget. We can include notes and remarks for every section, subsequently its simple to sort and compose passages. Accessibility highlight is exceptionally hearty, with only a watchword I get every one of the insights about the undertakings. I simply love the manner in which it identifies inert time and tells me if to dispose of it. Base clients like us can utilize the free form, it gives a considerable measure of highlights. You get the opportunity to perceive how well the assignments have advanced on consistent schedule. Indeed, even the essential form has awesome announcing and fare highlights, be it Pdf or word or exceed expectations, no stresses!

Cons

The vast majority of the organizations for the most part incline toward a venture administration framework with a period following module instead of only a period tracker, so if the application would give venture administration as well, it would be simply heavenly! There were circumstances I experienced bugs as I had to go at exchanging between workstations. We can't utilize the device in disconnected mode.

February 2016

Sebastian from Moz

February 2016

Overall an amazing app you must have to TRACK Your Time & also for your people !

I really love this app and I think more people need to have this time tracking application in their toolkit for 2016. I tested a lot of apps like this but Toggl really impressed me not only by the features, performance, design and cost effective but also by the fast responses I got from Toggl Team. They sent to me also some interesting gifts in february 2016 and I really think I will recommend to all of my clients (I already shared it on my twitter and other online social networks as well) I depend on it so much. I can't imagine another week without toggl reports that shows me where my time was spent, if I was effective or not and so much more. It's so important to know your cashflow and there are a lot of tools out there for tracking that, but what are you using for your "timeflow" ??? Toggl cames with a lot of amazing features here like, clean design, amazing suport, performance in place, available for android, windows, in browser, applications and so on... Toggl has been also my #1 go to for recording my time to bill clients. I couldn't even imagine manually writing time down :)) I think that Toggl is indeed extremely helpful in making sure that everyone knows how they are spending at least their work life so they can identify the trends, patterns and repetitive things that consume this precious resource called "time" ! I'm so grateful to have found it! Thank you Toggl for helping me keep my time straight and helping my Business !

Pros

Amazing support Easy to Use Great Performance "sexy" reports Clean Design Having a Clean Dashboard with the important information time-related & more :) Overall, let's face it...is just an App..but an Amazing one you should try it to Increase the quality of your life and Performance of your Business by spending the time in a more efficient & effective way as possible !

Cons

I can't use it without having the Internet On. (will be a great idea to have an option to track the time spent on your laptop and when you have the wiffi available again to sync the time)

Chadsey from LifeSteps World Ministries

Super easy to use

Wonderful, no real complaints so far and making the switch to Toggl has been great. We have converted most of our team to Togggl and are excited to bring in some of the integrations that come with paid plans to be able to eliminate some of the admin duties and close some of the cracks we find in communication from time to time.

Pros

The lack of ads is wonderful! I use the free version and have found Toggl makes things much simpler for me. The reporting is great and the amount of tools offered in the free version is great. I switched from another product and my reporting of where my time is going has never been more detailed and has helped me keep on track. Tracking time is super quick and easy, especially on task that I do week after week, Toggl stores the information and auto-populates so it saves me those few seconds and gets me working faster. I love it. I also love sending in such a detailed and good looking timesheet each period, way better than just a csv boring spreadsheet. I know we are only scratching the surface with what Toggl can do, hopefully as we grow our Toggl use and team will grow too to be able to streamline even more with their integrations.

Cons

The only thing so far that inconveniences me is the inability to export reports on the Android app. I don't know if that is something that is coming to it eventually, or if that is only available with a different level of plan. But I am 80% of the time mobile and need to send in reports on the go, which isn't too much of a problem that I am always with a laptop. But having to go that extra step does cost me a few minutes here and there. Exporting from mobile would be a huge help.

Amanda from Sun Country Highway

Simple, easy time tracking

I've used Toggl for the past few years as a quick and inexpensive way to track my time between multiple projects and report the ratio of time spent between them. The software boasts plenty of features for the base/free version (which is the version I use) along with basic reporting. The design is attractive and minimal while the time-tracking pages are easy to use and view. I would recommend this product to others looking for a basic time tracking software.

Pros

I love the minimal, user-friendly design of this software. Daily time-tracking is easy to complete and view in list-view. I am currently using the free version and really appreciate the reporting tools they provide, even for base users.

Cons

There are a few bugs here and there with Toggl when switching between workspaces, but they haven't deterred me from using the product. When trying to view a report for a workspace it seems that you need to have it set as your primary workspace, there is no way to switch between different workspaces in the reporting tab.

Giacomo from Udeis Consulting

It does it, right!

Pros

I subscribed to Toggl specifically and only for the time tracking feature since I was looking for a tool allowing me to keep track of the time I spend on single projects while my day is often fragmented in several activities for different customers and projects we need to track on hourly base. For this reason, I was looking for a tool allowing me to do just that: I didn't want to spend more time creating milestones and tasks and planning work ahead of time, I just needed to start a timer, track the time, stick it to a project and, at the end of the month, get a report of it. Well, Toggl does just that and it does beautifully. . . . And Toggl says it took me 10 minutes to do this review. Done.

Cons

I'm pretty sure that Toggls isn't perfect, I wouldn't be objective otherwise but up to now, I didn't find something I find missing or could be improved. I didn't feel any lack of features since I was basically running away from overly featured tools and found one that has just what you need.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

I was looking for a tool with just a time tracking feature, not a project management tool and TogglTrack allows you to do just that without distraction or hours of milestone and tasks setup when you don't need them.

Melissa from Fox & Owl Media

Easiest time tracker you'll ever use

Pros

I like that Toggl is easy to use. Minimal setup required. Create your account and start tracking your time. I also like that the system gives you the ability to add client names, and create different projects under one client "folder". The system sends you handy weekly summaries to show you how many hours you spent on your projects over the previous week. You can generate reports to send to clients, as well as get an overview over the last few months to see how your time was divided amongst projects. Even if you don't bill hourly (I don't), it still helps you determine how long you've taken on a project, so that you can better estimate how long a certain type of project takes you. This way you can bill more accurately and helps to ensure that you're making profit.

Cons

I wish there were more colours to choose from when assigning clients a colour. Once I've used them all once, it becomes more of a challenge to quickly associate clients with colours in my mind. But that's pretty minor. But I think that's a potential improvement for future (albeit a small one).

Mark from Concordia University Portland

Really helpful to see how you're spending your time

I credit our use of Toggl as a primary driver in getting additional resources in our department. We were able to visually prove how much time was spent on entry level tasks by staff who were trained to do much higher level tasks. We used the data collected from Toggl to advocate for an entry level staff person to free time up for others to work on higher level, more big picture work.

Pros

Very easy to set-up and use. You can create projects and group tasks together to get an idea for a given week how much time you spent in meetings, on a project, or working on specific tasks. It allowed me to advocate for myself and my team for additional resources as we were able to prove how much time we spent on a weekly basis doing tasks that could be delegated or improved. The ability to provide my leadership team a visual representation of my time and my staffs time was invaluable during budgeting and resource allocation time. You were able to manually enter time if you forgot to start your clock or end the clock. Toggl has countless integrations so you're always able to start and stop time and accurately record your time from any device, anywhere.

Cons

No major issues to report. Obviously, it's incumbent upon the user to record their time accurately. Overall, the experience was tremendous and I have not complaints.

Anna from Deeping Business Development, LLC

Simple, Easy, and Free

easy and quick to set-up. easy for for me to add and remove others so I can track their time on my projects as well as assign tasks. Has a lot included for a free tool, and that is something very rare nowadays!

Pros

This is a great if you have never used a time tracking tool before. You can even include a small team on the free plan!

Cons

I find the direct integrations limiting, but toggl can be integrated with Zapier. Which is probably why it's direct integration listing is so small.

Reasons for Choosing Toggl Track

I chose toggl over Harvest because the free offering was better. If at all possible I would rather start with a free offering so I can see what features I will truly use. Then, if I need to upgrade to a paid tool to gain additional features I know the purchase is justified.

Toggl was a great way to track our time, until we found something better

It was very easy to get staff up and running and trained on how you use the application. We liked the visual indicators to differentiate between projects, and the various views to see daily and weekly progress. We definitely improved our tracking, and therefore our billing, and the ability to quickly and easily switch to different projects meant there was little to no downtime for our staff.

Pros

Toggl was a great find when we started realizing we needed to do a better job of tracking time. The best features are the easy to use UI, and a display that shows the user a task by task view of how their day progressed, as well as a consolidated weekly view where you can see a more holistic view of where time was spent. The dropdown project selections are very intuitive and when you forget to stop tracking, it is easy to add manual time.

Cons

A downside to adding manual time is that you have to interrupt your time tracking to do it, unless it was earlier in the day. Ultimately, what made us move away from Toggl is that we realized we were paying for multiple tools that were really good at 1-2 things, and we needed a more complete system. We ended up migrating off of Toggl and a few other applications for a more robust project management system that also had a time tracking module, saving the company quite a bit of money in doing so.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,753 reviews