• icon"The ability to have a live dashboard and to select screenshots to be taken every hour or the like is great - the ability to choose productivity models to best determine team success is outstanding."
  • icon"I love the ability to monitor the productivity of the team, particularly with flexible working options."
  • icon"Extremely easy to use and you get a personal demo from them before you start the trail. These customer service is very prompt and amazingly responsive."
  • icon"I think it is the limited access on how you want to adjust the idle time."
  • icon"The Clock In time does not gets replicated immediately with the system time. There is a lag and takes about 24 hours to replicate to the workstation time zone."

All Insightful Reviews

Kimberly

Perfect for small business and freelancers

Very good. It lacks a few features but they price they advertise is the price you pay. No hidden cost written in size 2 font. Support was quick to reply. This is the service I decided to use.

Pros

It's easy to use, offers lots of information. You can have projects and put in the cost of the project so this tracks the hours and what the bill needs to be. It has both admin and user control panels and I got great support for my questions.

Cons

It's lacking a few features. I'd like to be able to attach website urls to projects. It needs sortable reports which you can export.

Reasons for choosing Insightful

The cost, activtrak requires you purchase 5 users a month.

Trouble setting up Time Doctor

Cliff Ian

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

July 2022

RemotoDojo's review for Insightful (previously known as Workpuls)

We have a really great experience with Insightful. It solved a lot of problems like tardiness, wasting of time, over breaks, and many more.

Pros

It is very convenient and the reports are very comprehensive and really easy to read. Also, I love how you can see what the employees are opening and what softwares and sites they open and how much time they spend on it. Plus, you can adjust which sites, softwares, and etc. you can label as productive or not. Also, as an outsourcing/offshoring company, it's one of our selling point to our client that they can monitor the people they hire. Basically, we give Insightful free advertisement because we like the software so much.

Cons

There are only 3 cons I have seen so far, first is you can't delete a user as you can only deactivate them. Second is, once you merge users, you can't unmerge them. Lastly, it's a hassle that it automatically creates an Insightful user whenever you create a user account in windows. Sometimes, we just use the extra account for testing and we don't want to create another Insightful user. For almost a year, those are the only cons I've noticed but never outweighed the pros, not even a bit.

Reasons for choosing Insightful

We just loved the simplicity and the easy-ness of use, the comprehensive reporting and analytics, and the functionalities.

Reasons for switching to Insightful

Let's say that there are a lot of things that we are confused about the product.

Brian

September 2022

Insightful results in high performing teams

Insightful does exactly what it advertised and for us this is exactly what we need. We are able to understand and drill down on an individual or team level whenever there may be a performance issue. In general it has a good snapshot feature where you can see overall how your teams are doing.

Pros

The software is very easy to maneuver and set up thresholds, and applications that are considered productive as well as marking applications that we consider non-productive. We also enjoy the features can be customized per department per industry.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons at this time however it can take a few extra clicks to go into deeper settings on an individual basis and A team's.

Reasons for choosing Insightful

We reviewed many different similar applications however insightful was well-rounded with its features and cost per user.

Yehuda

August 2022

Horrible

Terrible product. Terrible support.

Pros

Never got it to work properly so there is nothing positive i can say about it.

Cons

Umm...the customer service number doesn't connect to anyone and then hangs you up. I have been using this service for about 3 months and have gotten nowhere.

Richard

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

August 2022

A tool that any business can use.

Best experience so far when it comes to the tools and the support that I got with the app. Would recommend to others as well.

Pros

So when I first started the trial, it was easy to setup and use as well. It didn't took most of my time when I set it up. The support is so helpful as well when it comes to my questions if I need to know something about the app or if I need assistance with the app. I would recommend this to others as well.

Cons

The task management feature. We don't use this much as it's time consuming when it comes to moving the task to certain status instead of having the status to be changed from the task list of for each individual employees. It would be cool if you allow employees that isn't marked as managers or adminds to be able to change the status of their tasks.

Reasons for choosing Insightful

Because on how easy it is to setup and I don't need to setup any servers.

Imran

Truly Insightful Data

Pros

The ability to easily set up the software and bring the team online using a very user friendly interface has greatly impacted the ability to roll out the software throughout the organization The ability to have a live dashboard and to select screenshots to be taken every hour or the like is great - the ability to choose productivity models to best determine team success is outstanding

Cons

The product exceeds all expectations - i honestly cannot list any cons

Harshal

June 2022

Very good tool for overall employee management, especially in Software & IT setup

Overall experience was really very good. Software works like it should. It helped us improve productivity a lot. And the support from the company was also quite prompt and good.

Pros

I like the employee monitoring tracking to be the best part of this. And in addition, it has almost everything that you may need for a remote workforce too.

Cons

Setting up what is productive and what is not, takes time initially. We have to wait till the software figures out things that employees do. But I guess, we need to give it data to learn anyway.

Reasons for choosing Insightful

Insightful had a lot more features, the company and support was more approachable.

Moh

February 2022

Best Software To Increase Productivity

Overall i am very happy to use workpuls, because obviously it increases the productivity. What else does any organization or employee need?

Pros

Workpuls is one of the best software I have used to increase productivity. Workpuls is sending random screenshot every 5 minutes, along with capturing the use of mice and keyboards that will directly show the productivity of the employee. I personally like work puls is because they are providing seamless API integration to take data from it.

Cons

Several time i have faced two type of problems while using workpuls and i compalin the team for the same but I think this issue is still not fixed and need to solve Asap. 1- Sometimes work puls didn't pick the right time let's say if you clock out at 9:00 pm and last syn was done at 8:50 pm then it will show your 8:50 pm lockout time. 2- It happens very rare like once in a month, it doesn't work like a hang issue.

Andy

Industry: Civil Engineering

An essential tool for managing today's digital workforce

Workpuls has revolutionised how we are able to allow staff work remotely and still efficiently and how we are able to manage staff effectively while supervisors are also out of the office. The easy set up and web based application gives instant start up and it allows a gradual use of the sophisticated functionality which is built into the software. Software insight give a real view of how users are using the software assets and has enabled us to re-evaluate software product usage and license management of expensive softwares. The software insights also helps us identify training needs after evaluating how different staff use various softwares with less effectivity. Workpuls auditable data allows Client's confidence for hourly working.

Pros

The ability to rapidly have practical insights into what all staff are engaging with and difficulties they experience in trying to get their job done. Responsive, patient and helpful online assistance.

Cons

Improved reporting or access to how the data is diced up is needed. Another layer in Project & Task management. Ability to adjust punched time records through management authorisations (subjective for digital recording I know).

Reasons for switching to Insightful

We needed more insights that what the employees felt and wanted they should share we wanted to understand how the staff were really working not how they thought they were working.

Yousuf

Workpuls now known as Insightful

Pros

The best thing about this software is that it's extremely easy to use. Just 1 click setup. Neat and clean dashboard and gives all the required tools which are essential. We use it to track our employee's check-in, checkout, time tracking, project tracking, idle time and productive time.

Cons

To be honest, till now I have found nothing which I don't like about this software. Just it's just a bit on the expensive side, but the features of this software offset it.

Reasons for choosing Insightful

Pricing, ease of use and great insights which a lot of competitors don't provide.

Dimos

September 2022

Best Software of it's kind!

Pros

This is the best employee monitoring software out there. Very easy to implement and support is great when needed.

Cons

Nothing. It works as it is supposed to, and new features are always coming.

Sherrily

July 2022

Practical and easy to use

Pros

This has been useful for our organization transitioning from office to work from home arrangements. We are able to do timekeeping and monitoring of productivity of our employees with this application. It is easy to setup and easy to use.

Cons

There were a few times when some employees encountered error in their records. It seemed that intermittent connection issues or power interruption could have caused the problem. Although this seldom happens, I hope it would be handled well by the app.

Albert

User-Friendly Time Tracker

For more than two years using this application, I am very satisfied because it helped me a lot on daily activity and time tracking.

Pros

It is easy to use and the customer support is very reliable.

Cons

I think it is the limited access on how you want to adjust the idle time.

Aniket

June 2022

Useful tool for productivity monitoring of teams

Pros

Easy setup. Minimum learning curve. Good UX Easy productivity monitoring.

Cons

The app used to have unplanned downtimes or bugs some times in late 2021-early 2022. But this seems fixed now.

Cost effective

Douglas

Great product

Pros

Ease of use and allows us to efficiently manage our remote team.

Cons

Software doesn't work on IPADs and other Apple products

Cost and features