All Bitdefender GravityZone Reviews

Great Product for the Price

Telecommunications, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

A reliable antivirus

Experience was good overall great piece of software, the only super frustrating part was the installation after after having had installed a trial version of Bitdefender antivirus.

PROS

- It does not dramatically slow your system when performing updates. - it comes with VPN. - It has the anti ransomware. - The interface is really easy to use. - It detects viruses and gives you options on what to do with it. - The password wallet is awesome you have all sorts of options in it to access your accounts with ease and security. - You get 3 computers coverage with one payment or you can also use it on your phone. - The safe pay feature is great for transactions and does not interfere with other SSL sites.

CONS

- The initial set up is confusing, especially if you used a trial version and you signed up with an email address. - So you have to complete uninstall the trial version and install the paid version.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

It was slowing my computer

Jason

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Excellent AV Software

Our experience is that since switching to their software, we've had minimal infections while reducing crypto virus/ransomware to zero.

PROS

It's detection rate with minimal false positives. The sandbox analyzer is a lifesaver too. Deployment was pretty straightforward as well.

CONS

It's a little resource intensive. We've had numerous complaints about it affecting PC performance from users.

Reason for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Just a better overall product and pricing was pretty aggressive too.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Just a better product. We had numerous issues with viruses and ransomware with Vipre.

aseal

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

One of the greatest antivirus

Actually, it was a great experience working with Bitdefender and I were always sure that my PC will be safe, but we didn't use Bitdefender for a long time because we could find better offers from local vendors of other antivirus applications

PROS

We have used Bitdefender in our company as endpoint security and network protection. I like the antivirus and malware protection on the PC it works very effectively, and it is one of the oldest antivirus applications in the world.

CONS

This software is a little bit expansive compared to same antivirus applications.

Dear Aseal, Thank you for taking the time to write the review! We're thrilled to hear that our product provided great endpoint security and malware protection for your company, and that you found it to be one of the greatest antivirus applications. Your comments are important to us, and we will take them into consideration as we continue to improve our offerings. We also appreciate your mention of local vendors and are glad that you were able to find a suitable alternative for your company. However, if there is anything we can do to win back your business in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to us @ b2bletstalk@bitdefender.com. It would be great if we could expand on the topics you mentioned. We take all customer feedback seriously, and we investigate each thoroughly to ensure that we can provide the best possible product and customer experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future again! Best regards, The Bitdefender Team

Replied April 2023

Kenny

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Excellent Product

Overall it has been a great solution. I continually look for new features And modules I can add on from Bitdefender to create a better overall protection solution.

PROS

I use Bitdefender Gravityzone For my computers as well as all of my clients computers. The platform is great, the protection is amazing And being cloud hosted is very helpful.

CONS

It was a little difficult to get started as I had to be redirected to reseller but once that process was complete they have been a huge help. So it wasn’t really a negative

Reason for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

Pricing, capabilities and overall platform.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Best reviews and proven ability of Bitdefender.

Reviewed June 2020

Good Antivirus package for smaller organizations

Experience has been mostly positive from an administrative standpoint. Complaints about all AV vendors and some of their updates give us grief when running during business hours, but all-in-all it catches most of what's out there which is the point.

PROS

GravityZone is easy to install and manage for our organization. Scans are relatively quick and CPU usage is fairly low.

CONS

LIcensing for the product doesn't fit our environment well since we have a lot of servers and very few workstations. For this product they want it limited to the number of servers per workstation.

Reason for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

cost and easy of deployment and management

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Found out that Panda wasn't actively scanning our servers. They switched web management platforms and we had nothing but trouble with the new release.

Walter

International Trade and Development, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

One of the best antivirus, antimalware, products in the market

One of the few software products that actually work, and work well in the background without constant interruptions, or requiring constant attention. The scanning of a complete system can be done very quickly and unobtrusively. Warnings appear only when there is an actual potential problem, otherwise the software works very well and very effectively. We just wish that all software programs worked in a similar fashion.

PROS

Very easy to install and use. Non intrusive unless there is an issue. The price is very reasonable and support is always available.

CONS

Compared to other anti-virus and anti-software programs, this one does not appear to have any problems or flaws that would detract from its use.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Expensive and very demanding of time and effort to use.

Amitkumar

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Bitdefender The perfect Endpoint security solution

It's a good product and user-friendly. We have been using it for a long time. It has a good detection ratio and features that are needed to prevent cyber attacks.

PROS

In many cases, Bitdefender has a very good detection ratio. In many cases, we prevented the ransomware attacks.  User friendly . Good Support.

CONS

Patch management need to improve. It should provide the ability to deploy third-party software.

Don

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Best antivirus protection

The problem that Bitdefender solves is that I don't worry about intrusions and infections. I still need to keep on my colleagues about email phishing (no package can prevent social engineered attacks) but as far as website and file downloads, I feel secure and protected. Peace of mind is worth the price and more.

PROS

Best rated antivirus and is light on computer resources. Too many of the best known antivirus packages are resource hogs that slow down your system. Bit defender is light weight and still able to provide top-rated protection. It also has a suite of add-ons like VPN, ransomware protection and payment protection. Highly recommended!

CONS

The license covers 3 computers. The process to install it on multiple systems is a bit clunky but not impossible to use.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

I check annually to be sure that the protection level is still acceptably high. I felt that Bitdefender was a better product.

Matt

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Stop the malware

It has worked really well.

PROS

It does not annoy you like other antivirus solutions. It is light weigh and rarely interferes with anything.

CONS

The management interface is clunky. Everyone complains about that.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Webroot seemed to interfere with everything. Also seemed to ignore many things I though it shouldn't.

Walt

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Best Antimalware Platform I've Used in the last 20 years

Bitdefender has been incredible to work with as a vendor. Bitdefender actually listens to their customers. After submitting a number of detailed bug reports and feature requests, I was actually approached by Product Management for my input and to better understand some of the suggestions I had made. When we decided to make the migration to their cloud solution, there was no integration with our LogRhythm SIEM. I worked with both vendors to make this happen and it was Bitdefender that finally provided a solution. they actually went through the process of becoming a LogRhythm partner to get access to resources to make this happen. Migration was held up for a significant time waiting on this. Bitdefender did not activate our subscription license until I have them the go ahead after integration was established. I was able to set up the cloud infrastructure before we started paying for it.

PROS

Bitdefender Gravityzone Business is an extremely cost effective and high performance solution that puts the 5 other enterprise endpoint protection products I've managed over the last 20 years to shame. It is simple to deploy and manage. It requires minimal attention. custom exclusions are rare and those I've had to create have been due to vendor stupidity, like sharing updates in an AWS container. I n addition to the typical features of most endpoint protection products, it includes features that are found in specialized products that cost more than Bitdefender alone. I've told many an endpoint security vendor, "Sorry, Bitdefender already does that for me. It might not do it as well, but it does the job your software does and more for less than half of what you want to charge me for your one trick pony." Bitdefender keeps adding security features to the base product without raising the price or drop in performance. It provides amazing network protection without implementing the Firewall. It is the only comprehensive solution I know of that provides true Ransomware Protection, which is behavior based. I have actually seen this in action when migrating data to a niche document management application. Bitdefender saw it encrypting files willy nilly while ingesting them and determined the behavior matched that of a ransomware application and stopped it dead. The application had previously encrypted files that were uploaded to it and it had never triggered before.

CONS

The only time I've run into significant difficulty was migrating from on premise to the cloud. The methods for doing that were not ass clean or simple to implement as I would have liked. The migration patch is not "finished" software and I've determined that systems that were "migrated" have leftover information from the On-Premise configuration that causes random communication issues that are invariably cleared by uninstalling and reinstalling.

Reason for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

They cost more. They were harder to use. They cost more. They did not do as well as Bitdefender in independent testing if they had submitted for independent testing at all. Prior experience with alternative products in both their consumer and business forms.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

Unmanageable, expensive and ineffective. Creating an endpoint deployment package in Sophos was a painful 12 step process. In Bitdefender, it's totally painless and creates a setup downloader as well as a fat installer to download. The setup downloader pulls the current version from the Bitdefender servers or relays. It's also a simple matter to email the installation links to end users. This is particularly useful for remote users and those using their personal computer for work.

lynn

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

No worries with Bitdefender

We tried a few other programs and when we switches to bitdefender noticed an improvement in the performance of the PC along and they dont constantly bombard you with offers to upgrade or add on services, which is a plus!

PROS

Bid defender is a great anti-virus program that doesn't overly bog down your PC, like many other programs do. It auto updates and scans in the background for problems but doesn't slow down my system like some of the other programs I have used did.

CONS

There really aren't any cons to this program, it does what it says and seems to keep the computer working efficiently with out annoying pop ups.

Szilard

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

the best antivirus

PROS

I read a lot about the best virus writer in the world. I've been looking at tests and been using this virus scanner for 2 years! First I used a smaller paid package, and I was very satisfied with it. I just switched. I'm using Total Security. I really like that they have already thought of everything in this product. Webcam, microphone protection! Secure passwords. I would never replace this virus writer! Because it offers more than other products. Check my computer daily! Completely scan once a week for details! The network is protected by a firewall!

CONS

I use a number of free accessories, but I feel that the makers do not place much emphasis on these products. Eg Home Scenner. I would work on these to be perfect.

Monika

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Bitdefender is the best security progeam

PROS

Bitdefender works with amazing ease on the network and individual systems. It was simple to install and caused no issues. Since installing has helped with keeping employees on point for what they are supposed to do while at work and has protected the system and network from being hacked and various viruses and malware from being installed.

CONS

There isnt anything that I do not like about this software.

1 employee

Reviewed September 2022

I find Bitdefender very good

I don't have to worry about computer and network security.

PROS

I began using this software when my Anti-Virus software provider of many years was forced to change from a previously top-notch product to Bitdefender - I have not been disappointed. I'm no expert in digital security but need good protection and Bitdefender seems to have an excellent record. It is quite easy to use and manage and I've not had any infections or compromised computers - I guess that says something. Support is very quick and professional.

CONS

Nothing I can think of that I don't like.

Reason for choosing Bitdefender GravityZone

I have had many good years of service from my anti-virus software provider and went with their recommendation.

Reasons for switching to Bitdefender GravityZone

As I understand it, Norman went through changes and my provider had to change products.

Çağrı

Automotive, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2020

Great Virus Protection Software With Low Price

My overall experience with this program is pretty good.We started to use Bitdefender 2 years ago.I had some suspicous regarding implementation adn protection of crical files.But all is göne.Program offering good performance in protection of your computer from virused and malwares without loosing any performance lost

PROS

I like most regarding Bitdefender is user interace.It is really easy. the software providing detailed report after virüs scan. You are recognizing your system is being protected after you review detail report. The secong thing the softawere is avaialble for MaC OS software. .Customer survice is also great.Once I had problem I drop an -email to them and I got quick reply and problem is soved.

CONS

After first set up the program,scanning may take too much time.This is the only thing disturbs me

Gihan

Banking, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2021

Bitdefender - Best Security

Overall this is good solution for personal / home use. if you are planning to install inside a corporate environment, you will face some difficulties while configuring the application because you have to do big application whitelisting process, because the Bitdefender application monitoring process is very advanced.

PROS

As a home user I mostly like the detection engine of the virous guard, it detects all threats before they active and also this is not a very heavy virous guard. as a personal user all the features are in Bitdefender is very helpful to me for protect my computer from various kind of attacks. the firewall, email threat protection and application monitoring is very advanced.

CONS

As a home user The installation process is bit difficult, first have to install it as a trial version and then you have to login to the app using registered account, and you have to add license to the web portal, It's bit difficult.

Dan

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Runs without Issue - Could Provide Better Controls

PROS

BitDefender does a great job at its core purpose: keeping my network safe from viruses and malware. It runs in the background and doesn't hog my CPU or memory like McAfee and Kaspersky has done in the past. I've been pleased with the GravityZone web interface and deployment options as well; and I really like the quickview dashboard giving me a birds-eye view of my current network status.

CONS

The individual use experience even for power users is a bit limited. While the product runs on my machine, I don't feel like I can do much more with is other than update the definitions or run a full scan. It is difficult to mark items as safe or to track what traffic is blocked in real-time.

Retail, 11-50 employees