• Pros

• "Very easy to use, works as advertised, no problems to report"

• "Relatively easy to use and simple user interface."

• "It’s easy to use and very useful Fast in use "

• Cons

• "This software may not work very well with older versions of Windows like Windows 7 but it works very well with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10."

• "Not real easy to change the passwords, but manageable"

• "What is not to like? It is very functional and easy to use. Nothing about this I don’t like."

Browse Folder Lock Reviews

Ravinder from Unitedlex

Folder Lock - An ultimate tool to securely keep your private data and files

Being a legal industry, client data security is utmost along-with proper shredding of the data. So, Folder Lock serves our purpose.

Pros

Folder Lock is one of the very intuitive and easy to use solution to lock and protect your files. It allows you to encrypt your files on the go with military-grade encryption technology. Users can create storage lockers that are dynamic in size and grows as per the user’s data storage needs. The secure backup feature of the Folder lock allows you to back up your files or data on the cloud server automatically. Any modification in the files is automatically synced in real-time. Password wallets feature allows you to securely save your credit/debit card and banking information using strong encryption technology. Other important features include Clear History and Shred files. Clear History allows you to clear your digital footprints on the web-browser, media players and Window history. Shred files feature allows you to completely delete your data on hard drives, USB devices which can’t be recovered.

Cons

Looks like there is Folder Lock app for Window and Android but not for iOS desktop. Security can be improved as there is no app which is 100% secure. I could not find any bad in the product.

Christopher from Nethermore

Industry: Music

Folder Lock - Security and Invisibility

If you have sensitve files this program is by far the best way to keep them covert on your desktop. I wouldn't be without it anymore as you can ensure the extra layer of security by making your data invisible

Pros

There are multiple features in this software making it a swiss army knife of data security. You can keep your passwords in a seperate encripted wallet which includes payment data if you so choose. This data is accesssible to outside programs if it is decrtypted and purposefully selected. There is a shredding option which essentially cross shreds the data by writing 1 and 0 over it repeatedly to make it difficult to impossible to recover data that has been shredded. There are stealth modes which allow the user to hide any trace of the app and bring it up with a certain keycode combination on your keyboard that you select. Its handy because without knowing that magic key combo no one would guess the program is there never mind hiding information. Folder Lock not just locks a folder up but it actually makes it invisible so no on eeven knows its there. Combine that with the ability to remove any trace of the program running form systreay. You can also assing a keycode combination like Alt9 or something like that which makes it so the program can only be started with that unique keycode combo. This makes the folder ultra stealthy as there is no evicdence in the syst tray, or with icons on the desktop, programs menu etc. It makes it invisible.

Cons

There are times when you reinstall the software that it has problems identifying that its a single installation on one computer and it invalidates itself. Then you have to write in to get support. That can delay you a little but but the customer service is pretty helpful for the most part. It doesn't sync up with or hook into Folder Lock Pro for the mobile devices. There are also times where the master password gliteches out and you have to reset it. Not game changing issues but they take some time to resolve.

Reasons for Choosing Folder Lock

It was a PC version with far more features.

Eric from Anglican Church of Canada

From High to Low

I use Folder Lock for personal file security, and so far it seems to perform well. Again, I say this with the qualifications noted regarding Folder Lock and Windows 10 and NTFS.

Pros

I used to think that Folder Lock was the ultimate solution to file security, until receiving this message: 'Since Windows 10 does not support opening NTFS Lockers correctly, we recommend that you open these Lockers in Windows 7, or in other older versions and move out your data and keep them in Backup-able (FAT32) Lockers.' [my own grammatical corrections] However, I have never had trouble opening Lockers in NTFS, never having created a Locker in any other file system (to my knowledge). Not only that, but an NTFS Locker can be backed up simply by copying the fklb folder. So, I don't know whether Folder Lock is reliable for my purposes or not. So far, no problem, but the message about Windows 10 and NTFS is not encouraging.

Cons

The uncertainty raised by the message about Windows 10 and NTFS. If it is true that Windows 10 and/or NTFS do not correctly open Lockers, then Folder Lock is virtually useless, given the limitations on file size in FAT32. Since Windows 7 will soon be unsupported by Microsoft, what older usable versions did Folder Lock have in mind?

Nazlin from Asian Group of Companies

Folder Lock Reveiw

I recommend Folder Lock for who cares about the security of files and want to keep safe. It's easiest securing method is user friendly and trouble less.

Pros

I was using password protection for each of my MS Excel and MS Word files which were very important and should be secured. But after starting using Folder Lock, I never mind applying the password for each and every file. I used to visit customer premises very regularly, now with folder lock, I am not to worry for my lost drive since no one can open my files. Encrypt the files, Secure Backup, Protect USB and password Wallet are handy extra features in Folder Lock Software.

Cons

I could not face any cons in Folder Lock and I hope to have for IOS devices too.

Very Useful tool to Secure Your Files

Overall Folder Lock is one of the best software available for file protection. It has more users as compared to similar other software. Perfectly works on any version of Windows OS.

Pros

Folder Lock is one of the best tool available which password-protect, encrypt your files in a second. It helps to share data and Softwares and also do the cleaning of files histories. Very much easy UI and easy to use. Just set a password and do hide your files. Folder lock is also available for IOS as well as Android phones.

Cons

Not all programs are bug-free. So folder lock has its bug. If your computer crashes and needs to reinstall OS, this leads to corrupt or lose your files. Some people think this is costly Software. Otherwise, there is no major issue on this software.

Complete Secret Solution!

Folderlock is an awesome product from Newsoftwares! To be honest, At first I was not sure of this. But the performance and feature blew my mind out! They have may features. Apart from buggy UI, everything is awesome. Personally I like the stealth mode more than anything! Master password is awesome One stop solution for the thing! They have an option to save our USB stick, something like box inside a box. privacy wins with folder load( I've also shredded my files Don't tell anyone)

Pros

I like Camouflage mode aka stealth mode!

Cons

Old User Interface.! buggy navigation. Their license is bit messy! if someone stole your key from you.! it will get blacklisted!

Reasons for Choosing Folder Lock

security and privacy to the name!

Buddika from D & L Creatives

The Most Needed Advanced Security System

Still The Best I Have Ever Used. And Made My Works Easy And Secure More Than Ever. Really Love It

Pros

I Have Been Using This Product For More Than 04 Years And Still It Is The Best And Advance Files Lock System I Have Ever Used. They Provide Variety Of Features Like Encryption, One Click Protection, Backup etc. Also We Can Use Folder Lock to Secure Our USB Files With Their Advanced Lock System

Cons

The Price may Be Little High Compairing To Other Similar Products But Once Try It We Will Never Regret For What We Have Paid

Mehak from To The New

Lock and secure your files.

Used the product to lock reports and data for a client, they reviewed the security and were happy to use it. It was really easy to set up and use.

Pros

It does just what the name suggest, locks and secure all the files. The capablity of the tool to secure sepecific folder and removable drives is one of the best feature. The availablity of the software for desktop as well as mobile devices helps in securing all the data.

Cons

Files might get corrupt in case of a system failure. The password set with the software is important as if it is lost recovery of the data would be very complex.

Ahmed from federal urdu university of arts and sciences karachi

best for securing files

overall file lock makes my files secured so it can never be opened by someone without me .

Pros

its makes our file secure and saved passwords as it is never been forgotten . we can rely on this software and makes our encrypted files more saver by coating security of this software.

Cons

nothing to change as it is already have all the features for making a software to been used daily without any discomfort.

Tabitha from Xabbet Marketing

Reliable and simple

Overall, it does exactly what's promised without a bunch of extra fluff.

Pros

This made locking down sensitive information super easy on my phone. The photo upload natively from my photos makes it easy to transfer.

Cons

Sometimes upon login, it loads and then backs out immediately. Not a huge gripe, just a minor inconvenience.

Rob from eSoftware

Folder Lock - Secure your File System

I have been using this program for personal purposes. I needed to protect my files on my personal Laptop. I met my needs with this program. It brings me enough features to protect me even with the free version. Of course, for everyone who wants more, there is a paid version that supports much more. I think the price is very cool for this kind of product and it is worth it. So I pretty recommend the program for all of you that want to be protected at home or even in their business.

Pros

I think the software is cool because: 1. It has a lot of features - for me one of the most powerful are folder locking, folder hiding, encrypting your entire drives, even encrypting and protecting your flash-drives. 2. The program can destroy your files which you want not to be recoverable. 3. There is an option to archive your files on secure cloud servers where you can access your files from everywhere. 4. The app can work as a background process and no one will understand it is working. 5. All the management of your folders, encrypted drives or USBs are in one place which I think is very intuitive and you can easily work and manage them. Of course, when you start the app you cannot access it without entering your strong password. 6. The encrypting is 256 bit which for my knowledge is very hard to be broken and decrypted. Most programs work with 128 bit, so this one supports dobule more security. 7. Finally, one powerfull feature for me is that it can clear all your history - either browser or even your windows history and clipboard copies. For me, at this dynamic days, you frequently forget to clear some browsing history which decreases your privacy but with that program, you won't forget and you will clear everything with just one click.

Cons

Through my use, I did not find any difficulties using the program. I think it is easy to use, easy to manage all your private things and you can feel comfortable for protecting your files. Of course, you cannot always be 100 % secured but it is your responsibility to take small care of how you protect yourself. So this program is cool for those people who want to prevent them from stealing their files.

Jennifer from JenDelDesigns

Use this and be safe?

Overall I just downloaded it again because Capterra has reminded me that I used these things because they worked, and my lazy bad habits need to change. Now that I am once again doing more freelance and contracts again I need to be safe, and this will definitely do the trick. But for those of you that need higher encryption read carefully to be sure this is enough I know hackers who do!

Pros

I had to remind myself of when I used this product last. It does protect, and it does keep safe mostly your files and file transfers. I just don't require this much security all the time. I need these days to get back into the extra precautions of safety simply because people are stealing more and more. Much of the work that I had done for corporate entities made Cnet, Folder lock, and a few others important and many of the protections that this product offers is necessary even if I do find it cumbersome. The history and cleaning keeps my computer in better order too. It keeps me from mixing up data and keeping job files in proper order.

Cons

I have locked files so securely even I couldn't get into them. I keep a ledger of pass codes and often you can find me scrambling and mumbling "I know I double checked this" That means I was in a hurry and wrote the pass codes down out of order. That's not the software's issue, and it is clearly showing me that it is working for most pain in the hackers, but it can be frustrating, and I only use this software when it is necessary. When it is necessary it works. Another thing I don't like about it is the files sizes and how quickly it eats storage.

Michael from Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great product, lousy customer backup when stuck

Overall I'd say 50/50 only due to the lousy customer service backup being very unhelpful. Not long after installing my version, I had Folder Lock REALLY hide some folders by making them TOTALLY DISAPPEAR!!! After several emails requesting HELP!! there was no solution forthcoming that worked. (Which was explained in detail in my responses). They did not have a grasp on the severity of my problem and the gravity that went with it. All my sensitive business and private documents and folders were not able to be seen for over two months! I kid you not!! For all the corresponding between the two parties, they really seemed to be quite blaisé and devil-may-care type of attitude. I was ropeable! They even had the audacity to ask me to 'reinstall your Windows operating system' which would have wiped the whole computer's data, including that which was 'hidden'. The only way out in the end was to take my PC to a professional computer technician, pay a couple of hundred dollars and get the thing working again. Unbelievable lack of concern shown throughout. This whole ordeal left me terribly upset and shaken to be honest. (I still have original emails if needed as proof if needed).

Pros

It is unbreakable. Always works. Trust the SOFTWARE totally.

Cons

Quite lengthy learning curve to obtain useful level of competence to use it. If you use it to hide larger size folders and drives, ie. 2gb or more, it takes a very long time to open and let you start working. Probably three to four minute's wait time. Not good when time is off the essence.

Bryan from St. Joseph's Health Centre, Chronic Pain Management Program

Excellent encryption software, easy and complete

Physician: Keep all of my consult dictations in an encrypted folder. easy and great to have all of my consults at my fingertips for rounds etc... Researcher: have to keep data for 10 years... simple and safe. Assessor for Medical College: perfect as I receive LARGE folders full to confidential client information that I am to review... and can move all in to an encrypted folder lock folder kept discretely from all of my other folders and can delete it after my report is complete

Pros

Ease of Use. this encryption software could not be easier to use. as a physician, and a researcher, who also does reviews and audits for our College, I am completely happy with its ease of use. It is exactly what I was looking for in a product.

Cons

Not strictly a con, but in this day of biometrics I'd like to be able to use my finger-print scanner instead for the password... or a 2 stage security process... this will make things more secure as I'm quite certain people are using easy to remember passwords for their main entry which defeats the purpose... there are a ton of extra features that I would be interested in using, if there were a video "hot to" circulated to familiarize us with the products....

Milt from Stephen F. Austin State University

Exactly what I needed!

Pros

This program was very easy to install and setup. I like that I can encrypt individual files, and I can create multiple "lockers" that securely store those files. I can erase my Windows "tracks" with one click, and the empty disc space shredder is super-fast! (There will be one temp file that needs to be erased after the shredding operation, but it really works well.) Folder Lock also has a backup/restore function, but I have not used that. One really cool feature is that you can copy your "locker(s)" to a jump drive, then they are converted to executables so that you can securely take them with you. There are other attributes to the program that I have not used (such as protecting email attachments and password wallets, but those are not the reason that I bought this software. I purchased this software so that I could securely lock (hide) sensitive files/folders. Folder Lock works perfectly for this. But you must remember your password! If you lose it, you are sunk!! Oh yeah, and probably my favorite feature is that Folder Lock runs in Stealth Mode! It does not show to be running anywhere if you set it up that way! I am super-satisfied with this program (and its sister program USB Lock! They are both worth every cent I spent on them!

Cons

The only con would be that it is difficult to find Folder Lock in stealth mode if your secret key combination does not work for whatever reason. (I think I run into this if it has been a couple of days or more since I have called the program up.)

Kent from Bitstream LLC

FOLDER LOCK IS SOLID AS A ROCK!

It’s the first encryption package that has stayed installed on my systems for more than a year, and continues to be used on a daily basis in my operation. Also, when I purchased the package it continues to work and it’s mine, no continuous scams or attempts to get me into a registration renewal fee or membership. No company or it’s ownership is perpetual, we can’t invest in using an encryption package that may someday become obsolete. With Folder Lock we are confident that a decade from now we will be able to decrypt archived files because we have control and ownership of the encryption package.

Pros

The best thing about Folder Lock is that it works consistently and does not create other operating system issues. I have had to stop using many encryption systems because their presence results in system hang ups and system lock ups.

Cons

I think the graphical interface coukd be ergonomically improved to save screen space, but this is a sideline marginal improvement to the bug free package that it is. If anything an expansion of transportability would be welcomed for ease of encrypting files for email attachments and flash drive carrying.

Dennis from U. S. Army Corps of Engineers

Industry: Civil Engineering

Best Folder Security I’ve Ever Used

I have tried some of the free software security programs on the internet and they’re okay but not great. This software has been everything I wanted in a security package. I’m glad I spent the money to get it.

Pros

What I like most about this software is it’s ease of use and the password security protocol. Locking and unlocking the folders is really easy and requires only one click of the mouse after you’ve entered your password. I use it on my PC and I created a twenty-nine character password. I felt that I needed an extra long password to ensure that it would be very difficult to break into. I was surprised that it allowed me to use such a long password. I realize that nothing is unbreakable but someone will have to try extra hard to break mine.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I didn’t like about this software.

Reasons for Switching to Folder Lock

I made the switch because I never felt the free software had a high enough level of encryption.

Bernard from Previously Ausenco

Industry: Mining & Metals

Bernard's review

I used Folder Lock to protect my files at the office and at home, however, being now retired, I am using it for my personal use at home. The risk of having the files leaving home is nonexistent now, and I do not know if an outside hacker can access the lockers both when opened and closed. In overall, I always had very good support from the Folder Lock team in the past and I thank you them for their appreciated help at that time.

Pros

The version 7 is easy to use and clear. The French version that I am using is perfect( with regard to the language). I do not use all the topics offered by the software; just the file encryption topic, however, I intend to explore the other topics as well.

Cons

1. Sometimes, an open locker cannot be closed by the main Folder Lock window and the directory where the unlocked files are placed cannot be closed; 2. The portable Folfer Lock execution file automatically placed in an USB key does not seem working properly 3. The two above points were not observed with the versions 6.xx of the software

Folder Lock

I've used this software for a few years and always purchase the upgrade. I have Windows 7, and regarding that Windows 10 message, I don't know if it's any less secure when I hide my files using NTFS formatted drive. That's my only concern if I end up switching to Windows 10. Otherwise, I really like using this product to hide stuff like tax documents or other stuff with private information.

Pros

One of the features I like is being able to hide your folders. Another feature I use a lot is wiping out the harddrive. It usually frees up the spaces on my computer. I think it's helping to speed up the computer if you have deleted files hanging around in your drive.

Cons

I'm using the latest version. I get that Windows 10 message about using FAT file or something. Not sure if this means my files are not as secured anymore if I'm using NTFS hard drive. This part is the only one I'm uncleared about when I lock and unlock my folders.

Hugo from InsideData

Easy File and Folder Encryption

Overall I have enjoyed Folder Lock. I am a keen user and I would easily recommend it to others. I must say that I find the selection of various products very confusing in terms of how the compare to each other. At this time I am of the opinion that Folder Lock is the Flagship Product among the various Desktop Applications offered by NewSoftwares.net

Pros

I like the fact that I can easily create a secure file which can then be mounted as a drive, and that I can easily back up that secure file. Once this file is created and mounted as a drive it can be opened (encrypted) and closed (encrypted) with all the files I like to protect. I like the companion file that allows me to use my encrypted File to mount it on a machine that does not have Folder Lock installed.

Cons

This software is easy to use but some selections are a bit confusing before you start a new Encrypted File Container. I am also concerned about some of my older folders as I am a long time user and Windows 10 and beyond Backward Compatibility. I am not very confident in the Lock Folder Protect Feature as I know how to beat this protection and hence it has very little utility to me, and I have very little confidence in this level of protection. Useful for files not that sensitive but not very secure.

Yacoub from Consulting

Excellent Reliable

Privacy and access to certain files are guaranteed. It's not possible for anyone to tamper with any files.

Pros

Easy to use, very simple user interface. Easy to select which files to lock. If you are accidentally in Cap Lock mode, it will inform you so that you don't have to retype the password. Customer service is superb and helped me resolve registration issues when I had to reinstall the OS

Cons

You have to disable it and move your files out if you need to do system restore. Otherwise it will prevent the restore. Although ehen a file is licked its supposed to be invisible, you can still see the name of the file in app specifi directory trees. You can't access it, but you can see it. Then if you go to the D drive directory, you will notice its not there. That alerts that you are hiding something to an intruder.

Brad from Terrafocus Electronic Claims Processing

secure folders

As one who used to file insurance claims for doctors, I needed secure folder availability to comply with federal law. FolderLock gives me that.

Pros

I have been using this software for years. And when I changed computers and had to reload Folderlock onto the new computer, support came quickly to the rescue. Another feature I like is that FolderLock automatically locks a folder if the machine happens to be shutdown while my folders are open. This might happen during an automatic update and reboot.

Cons

In a previous version I wound up one day with files added to my folders, files that had very strange, computer-language characters, and they weren't executable or "deletable". When I reloaded on another machine, they disappeared. No adverse impact; just puzzling.

Joel from Faith Technology Group, LLC

Want security? They've got a lock on it!

I'm somewhat anal about protecting my business files. Folder Lock gives me that extra level of security. I protect my network with physical and software firewalls, on the off chance that someone is able to penetrate my defense, Folder Lock provides an extra level of security by encrypting and then locking down selected directories.

Pros

Setup is easy and intuitive. Windows File Explorer is running in the background so locating files and folders to secure is easy to do. Most tasks are performed with a single click making the product easy to use. Folder Lock is bullet proof security for your data.

Cons

This isn't exactly a "con," but for me personally using multiple hard drives, it can be easy to forget what folders I've locked until I try to save to a particular folder.

LEROY from MOLINARI WEB

Good, solid security at a reasonable cost

I work in Healthcare Cyber Security. My first line of defense is to stop invasion. My second line is to make certain all data is securely encrypted against any invasion. If anyone manages to get to my data I want it to be useless to them. Folder Locker does the job in trained hands.

Pros

Initially some issues, mostly due to updates and feature changes and bugs attributed to Windows10 Pro updates. I am a Windows troubleshooter. I was able to workaround most issues until Windows10 finally became somewhat, or should I say, more stable. Haven't had any issues since 10/18. Software is now working as designed and performing well on HDs, SSDs USBs and NAS. No problems and No data loss. Can't say I got any help from Tech support. I am pretty self sufficient on computers, but I bought the software from Amazon. I never expect a lot from free stuff but when I spend money I expect things to work. Folder Locker Does work with the current updated Windows Pro version. Keep it current and its smooth running.

Cons

As with most software issues you have to make sure you recognize the source of the issue. If a problem is found I had to sometime realize I had to wait for an update from Microsoft to fix the bug or for another software update. Caused by security issues and software companies trying to keep up.

Barney from Roberts Consulting

Industry: Defense & Space

Folderlock is awesome

My clients require that I maintain encrypted files on my laptop or portable media. Folderlock exceeds their requirements.

Pros

1. Easy to download and set up 2. Easy to use on a daily basis 3. 2-layer protection, password and encryption key 4. Easy to move to another computer. Simply download the software and use the same password and encryption key. 5. Never had any problem with files being encrypted or decrypted except as noted in the Cons.

Cons

There is some conflict with my operating system that will close Folderlock when in sleep mode. Not sure of the cause because it isn't that much of a problem and I have never researched. If I have open files, I need to open Folderlock and SAVE autorecovered files. Its rare and not a big deal.

Karlee from Mattress by Appointment

Never have to worry about what others might see again!

My overall experience with Folder Lock has been outstanding. This software is simple to use, reliable, and I have peace of mind knowing my private and valuable documents are safely "locked away."

Pros

This software is great! I store all of my financial documents here along with personal letters, pictures, etc. ~ I also like that I can hide the fact that I even have this program on my computer and I can pull it up by using hot keys. My computer is password protected, but sometimes other people end up using my computer for a bit so it's nice to know there is nothing snooping eyes might uncover. It's also nice to know that if my computer is hacked, my financial information is safe.

Cons

This is so minor in comparison to the advantages; I wish I could upload multiple documents vs. one document at a time. Since I do have to do it one at a time, it would be nice if when I am uploading multiple documents from the same folder, the software would default to the last visited folder as an upload location so I don't have to keep re-navigating to that folder over and over again.

Richard from SCMR Colmputers, LLC

Kudos from a computer professional

Pros

A professional support technician with 400 customers, I recognize the need for some folders on a home PC to be locked against prying eyes. Email... documents... financial information... They're generally wide open to your computer tech or anyone else with access to your PC, but should they be? As a computer tech, I fix Windows PCs, but- just in case- I have and use Folder Lock to protect sensitive information like my Client List complete with their email addresses and passwords. I wouldn't be without it. Folder Lock security is just slightly less important to me than my heartbeat.

Cons

No "Cons." It just works as it's supposed to work.

Jack from Life And Health Solutions

Works Well but Has a Glitch

Over all positive. Folder Lock takes a some time to understand functionality. Glitch with not closing lockers is still present. Support said they will fix it with the next update.

Pros

Easy to integrate in my systems. Have it installed on work PC and laptop. Keeps my mission critical data safe.

Cons

There is a glitch when trying to close a locker. The locker will not close. Discovered that a registry entry keeps being reset to 1 when it should be set to 0. Tried to set to 0 but system keeps setting it back to 1 stopping the locker from closing. Have to reboot PC to actually close locker.

Reasons for Choosing Folder Lock

I chose Folder Lock due to it's ability to safe guard my mission critical data.

Secure your data and I nformations

As I am using this for a long period of time this is very helpful for me to keep my data and information protected from the unnecessary entrance from the others.

Pros

Wow, just amazing this I can separately lock or protect the data and information. Also, the access for the protected data is very efficient.

Cons

When new software or application is download it always asks to lock that it is unnecessary and when we lock at that time it does not gives access after downloading it. Also on the phone, if we select some file and share it with folder lock it does not lock the file and we have to go to the folder lock app and come through it for locking.

Jerry from Destiny Communications

Love it with Exceptions

Overall, I do like the program. It's easy to use, but I'd love the option, if possible, to set a default Drive Letter for my locked folder so that you don't have to keep selecting it each time.

Pros

Ability to have a hidden/locked folder for company financial files as I travel about the county

Cons

The one frustrating thing about this program is that most times I cannot lock the folder once it is open. Sometimes a reboot won't even solve the issue, then the next reboot or shutdown/startup, the locker will be closed and locked. I will also get several error log files showing in my locked folder, which at this moment, I have six. I've sent these in before, but now I just delete them.

Hanna from Mehretab Leul and Associate

Industry: Law Practice

My own personal virtual vault

I use this software for my personal benefit as well as our office operations as it provides for an extra layer of protection for sensitive information. And through the USB encryption feature, I have used it to protect company files on occasion I had to lend my USB drive to a friend.

Pros

Folder Lock comes with a simple user interface that makes it so convenient to operate. Moreover, not only does Folder Lock encrypt folders on the computer but also on the USB drive, this is a huge plus for me.

Cons

The precious versions were less secure but I do not have any reservations about the recent version. However, the price is a bit expensive for personal use.

Nisar from Furniture and Home Appliances

Best to hide data

Must go for it as it is totally free and secure your data from others and no one can access it when the folder is locked

Pros

I use folder lock to hide my personal data from others. With folder lock we can just lock the folder and it will get hide and can only be open by providing your folder lock password. We can later unlock the folder and it again visible to everyone. Folder lock always ask for Master password when we open the folder lock app, so it provides more security to our data. It also provides us Protect USB/CD, encrypt files option

Cons

There is nothing i dislike with Folder lock

Dennis from Washington County

Folder Lock has worked for me as advertised.

It solved my problem of how to quickly and easily secure data files both on a temporary and permanent basis.

Pros

I have used Folder Lock for many years. Folder Lock has been seamless in all aspects as advertised. It provides me with a quick easy solution to securing any information I wish store. I like the fact I have a portion of my hard drive locked with Folder Lock. I only need to unlock it in the morning and it functions as a normal disk partition and or directory. I find it easy to transfer secure files to portable devices and maintain the security. For me Folder Lock has been an valuable and affordable addition to my security measures.

Cons

I really don't have any complainants. When I fist installed it I used two different passwords. One to change administration settings and one to open Folder Lock. After installing it I had no reason to change the way it functions and had to scramble to remember the administrator password.

Alan from Financial Services

Industry: Information Services

Folder Lock v 7.7.6 review

Encrypting my personal financial documents.

Pros

Offers a real good variety of options to secure my data. Encrypt files and Protect USB are what I favor most.

Cons

FL seems to get confused when I have both an encrypted file open and a protected USB device open. Sometimes when I close all related folders, and then try to close the locker, FL won't close the remaining locker. When I X-out of FL, it does prompt me with a warning, followed by it closing the locker. Then, when I try to eject my USB thumb drive, Windows tells me it's still open. Also, I'd like a local back-up locker option.

This Software protect against un-authorize use of folders and files

I solved many problem like as my videos and secret files .

Pros

I like most of this software that it hide folders and files by using password and can't be use that folder or file without unlocking by password.

Cons

I like least it's tak Tak Tak sound when we enter password for locking or unlocking and also very easy to uninstall.

Reasons for Choosing Folder Lock

I have used many software for security purposes like as Norton app lock, app locker but I like most powerful and secure folder lock software because its simple way of working and easy process.

Chris from Information Technology and Services

Reliable tool for keeping your files secured

I have to secure quite some files because of confidentiality clauses and Folder Lock is doing just that for me in a very easy and reliable manner.

Pros

Very easy to use, user friendly During the years called a couple of times to support desk, they helped very quickly Been relying on it during many years, never had a real issue

Cons

Just one thing that sometimes causes a problem within Encrypted folders: sometimes the virtual drive can not be closed for some reason. The message states "files in use" but I am 100% sure not one file is in use at that time. No real issue, resolves itself after some time.

Sekharendu from VA

Great. Secured! But has some limitations

As far as windows platform is concerned, experience has been mixed. Have been using the software for last 3-4 years, earlier there used to be while exiting the software, without closing the explorer, but with updates they have been quiet refined. Have not seen any crashes, but if the explorer remains open, then the folder is not encrypted, even on closing the software. So have to restart to protect the folder. Other than that, very smooth experience, on opening the encrypted folder, it creates an additional drive in the machine and can use it like any other drive.

Pros

Secure entire folder, without encrypting every file, like in the case of other software. So since it encrypts the entire folder, and not every individual files. Its faster and reliable.

Cons

Not compatible with multiple-platforms. So the secured folder, cannot be accessed through an android or iphone, not even in Mac.

Reasons for Choosing Folder Lock

Simplicity and Strong Encryption along with good customer care support, made me go for the software.

Darren from Butterfly Computer Solutions

I have my own business and when I have to be out and away from my computer I know my files are safely locked from potential prying eyes. I totally recommend getting Folder Lock if you want important files safe

Pros

I have been using Folder Lock for some years now snd has never let me down. I had an occasion to contact customer support once and they resolved the issue very quickly for me. It gives me peace of mind knowing the locked folders won’t be seen by anyone but me.

Nishith from Financial Services

Folder Lock user for past 6 years

I use Folder lock to store documents and certificates.

Pros

Software is easy to use and has military grade encryption. What I like best is the customer service that I will give 11 stars if possible - they have helped me transition folder lock over 3 computers over last 6 years without any issues.

Cons

The last transition to Windows 10 has been giving some warning about some Fat 32 file system issue. However I think this an be solved once I contact customer support. I don't care because it still encrypts the file as needed.

Edward from Borough of Butler

In today's world extra security is need on ALL your important information. Folder Lock Does it!

We have secured our information that otherwise would have been exposed during a breach in security and even while technicians log into your computer to help with software issues. With Folder Lock everything remains secure until you need it.

Pros

This software is easy to install and fairly easy to use. We have encrypted all our sensitive data. With Folder Lock even if someone gains access to your computer they cannot compromise your data and information that is locked within Folder Lock.

Cons

It is somewhat inconvenient to have to log into the folder every time you want to get your information. (Once a day if you choose that. We lock ours after every use) But in actuality it is a small price to pay for security.

Vincent from Socialgreen

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reliable and user friendly software for day to day usage

I am confident using Folder Lock to protect all my sensitive documents and passwords.

Pros

User friendly interface. Useful two level passwords (general lock and locked files). Stable locking-unlocking function. Can lock all kinds of files. Great exportable wallet function. Super reactive customer service.

Cons

The whole wallet can close easily but sometimes it is not possible to close the locker inside due to interference with other applications like VPN, outlook etc....A bit frustrating. But at least the whole wallet can be closed.

John from North Carolina State University

Folder Lock is perfect for work and home

I originally bought folder lock to protect data and personal information for work-related files. It was so easy to use I now protect personal and financial information at home too. When I replaced several computers I needed help to move the licenses and files, folder lock provided the required information immediately and the process worked perfectly.

Pros

The best thing about folder lock is that it is so easy to protect your information you actually do it; and the protection is so strong.

Cons

It is not as easy to move encrypted files to various computers as it is to move regular files.

John from Manhattan Aquariums

Secure for your worth

Our credit cards are all secure now! I can tell my customers, honestly, that their information is secured by three plus levels of password security

Pros

This software adds two to three layers of password security and encryption to our company files. We secure customer credit card information, employee personal information, other personal files with only two clicks. This is worth it!

Cons

Write down the passwords somewhere, if you forget a digit or letter you cannot get in. It's super good, but super bad if you contract amnesia somehow...

Akos from Epam

Excellent and user friendly

I use it for mainly personal reasons. However I could protect my work related files as well easily. Happy and satisfied with folderlock. Straight forward and so far NO annoying feature or function. Everything is easy to use and user friendly

Pros

Excellent and user friendly. It is extremely easy to use in general. The support is helpful and active. Fast reply and helping with everything. Easy to use on other PC even without license and software installation.

Cons

The license can be active only at 1 PC. So I had to decide between my 2 laptop and PC.

Kevin from Telecommunication

A great programme to protect folders from access.

I'm just a simple home user, but like most users I do have some files that I like to keep private & not accessible to others (especially if I were to die). Folder Lock does exactly what I want!

Pros

I've used Folder Lock for quite a few years & whilst I only use it very occasionally I completely trust the security it offers. I store folders that I prefer others can't access on an external drive, I'm not sure if I could access these files should I use the external drive on another computer without installing the software first but believe this is an option as I used Folder Lock many years back to encrypt DVDs with a password, this worked well.

Cons

I did for a while get a nag screen saying the programme was not registered, (it is fully legal) but this stopped occurring some time back so no complains! It may have related to temporary loss of an Internet connection?

Fred from Retired

Best Encryption Software

This software offers another level of protection for very critical information that otherwise would be exposed. The Customer Service is prompt to respond to questions I had prior to buying and just as quick to respond after I bought. Thank you!

Pros

What I liked most about this software: 1) This is not a subscription. 2) Offers online backup service. 3) Simple to use. 4) Makes encrypted file portable for use on CD or USB by making the encrypted file a .exe. 5) Can encrypt email attachments safely & easily. 6) Owners manual is a couple pages not a novel. 7) Requires no Advanced knowledge when delving into encryption. 8) Offers a backdoor-that you can close if you choose. 9) Offers a simpler manner of protection where you can just "Lock & Hide" files (if you have multiple users) instead of encrypting them. 10) Offers an on-screen keyboard to enter software password, bypassing any key-loggers. 11) Offers Encrypted Wallets that can be used for storing passwords and critical information to specific accounts. 12) Encryption is fast and information is not all batch unencrypted. 13) and its dang cheap!

Cons

What I disliked about this software: 1) Does not have the ability to encrypt Email, only attachments. 2) Does not have a password generator or Log-in feature for websites. Neither of which are deal-breakers. In-all most large companies will encrypt email attachments in the same fashion. The crux is relaying the password to the recipient-beyond that its perfect. The password generator is easily overcome also.

simple but effective way to lock files and pictures

I use Folder Lock to secure a document containing all my passwords and logins for various systems and programs. I also use it to hide Christmas lists and other documents from my young daughter, who uses my computer and could stumble upon info about the veracity of Santa Claus, Elf on the Shelf, etc. It also holds sensitive records with protected information (social security numbers, health information, etc.). Finally, there are photos that I want to keep private and secure, so those are in Folder Lock too.

Pros

It's easy to use, and it doesn't require any connectivity to the internet once you set it up. I feel secure knowing files aren't floating around in the cloud somewhere.

Cons

There's a slight glitch sometimes when closing the locker, wherein if a certain window pops open, you can't get the program to close without using the task manager to end Folder Lock. This happens rarely, however, and I'm sure it's partly due to operator error.

Lauren from Advanced Dermatology PA

Great Product!

Between HIPAA and the increased risk of cyber attacks, this software really gives us the peace of mind that our sensitive data is being properly secured and protected. And it's nice that it's so easy to use!

Pros

This software is very easy to set up and use, and best of all, it gives me the peace of mind that our sensitive files are being properly secured.

Cons

There really aren't any down sides to this software, it's easy to use, affordable, and works well. I have been using Folder Lock since 2013 and there are no complaints here!

Dr Peter from Health Care

Limitations of Folderlock

Its OK on the PC, but not so good ih android

Pros

Its one of the best around. It is very secure with facilities for multiple lockers for different purposes' Its easy to use and reliable.

Cons

The instructions are inadequate and I can't puzzle out some of the features and what they do. A more detailed instrutio cvatalogue on each feature and how to use it is desperately necessary' I had great problems synching it with android and the andoid version does not work properly ( See my review in playstore

Fred from religious institution

Using Folder Lock Every Day

For me it is all about security for my sensitive documents.

Pros

I use Folder Lock to protect my tax forms, important papers, and different account passwords, especially for banks and investments. I use is every day. A couple of years ago I had someone invade my old computer with Folder Lock and they didn't get into the protected folder. In fact the guy who fixed the computer didn't even know it was on my computer.

Cons

It work very well for me. I can't think of any cons.