Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Customer support is awesome and responds back quickly."
  • icon"I love that it is super easy to use and highly reliable. All of my passwords and documents are securely locked and encrypted on one place and I have scheduled regular backup of them."
  • icon"It's a great way to secure things that you'd not otherwise be able to secure. It's easy to use and learn and does the job."
  • icon"If your computer crashes and needs to reinstall OS, this leads to corrupt or lose your files. Some people think this is costly Software."
  • icon"Files might get corrupt in case of a system failure. The password set with the software is important as if it is lost recovery of the data would be very complex."
  • icon"Their license is bit messy! if someone stole your key from you. It will get blacklisted."

Have you used Folder Lock and would like to share your experience with others?

All Folder Lock Reviews

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Great folder management system

Fredric

Great bang for the buck

Being a registered rep it is essential that my data is protected. Folder lock allows me to have multiple protection for my device. It works so well that even Microsoft couldn't "crack" it.

Pros

Very easy to set up, implement and maintain.

Cons

Sometimes the auto protection feature fails to "kick in" so I routinely activate when I leave my office.

Eric

From High to Low

I use Folder Lock for personal file security, and so far it seems to perform well. Again, I say this with the qualifications noted regarding Folder Lock and Windows 10 and NTFS.

Pros

I used to think that Folder Lock was the ultimate solution to file security, until receiving this message: 'Since Windows 10 does not support opening NTFS Lockers correctly, we recommend that you open these Lockers in Windows 7, or in other older versions and move out your data and keep them in Backup-able (FAT32) Lockers.' [my own grammatical corrections] However, I have never had trouble opening Lockers in NTFS, never having created a Locker in any other file system (to my knowledge). Not only that, but an NTFS Locker can be backed up simply by copying the fklb folder. So, I don't know whether Folder Lock is reliable for my purposes or not. So far, no problem, but the message about Windows 10 and NTFS is not encouraging.

Cons

The uncertainty raised by the message about Windows 10 and NTFS. If it is true that Windows 10 and/or NTFS do not correctly open Lockers, then Folder Lock is virtually useless, given the limitations on file size in FAT32. Since Windows 7 will soon be unsupported by Microsoft, what older usable versions did Folder Lock have in mind?

Nisar

Best to hide data

Must go for it as it is totally free and secure your data from others and no one can access it when the folder is locked

Pros

I use folder lock to hide my personal data from others. With folder lock we can just lock the folder and it will get hide and can only be open by providing your folder lock password. We can later unlock the folder and it again visible to everyone. Folder lock always ask for Master password when we open the folder lock app, so it provides more security to our data. It also provides us Protect USB/CD, encrypt files option

Cons

There is nothing i dislike with Folder lock

Jack

May 2022

Folder Lock Does the Job

My overall experience has been positive even though the program can be quirky at times.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability to encrypt and backup critical Business Data and Information.

Cons

What I dislike about Folder Lock is it can be quirky. For example, it will forget that a locker exists at times and when I remove a locker Folder Lock keeps showing it in the main screen.

Reasons for choosing Folder Lock

I chose Folder Lock because it has the highest level of encryption and has no back doors that can be exploited.

Narayanachar

Folder lock is a must for your phone

I don't carry my wallet with cards everywhere... That says it all

Pros

1) Easy to use ( no instruction needed) 2) Robust. Locks user out if password is not right 3) offers local or Cloud versions 4) Keeps vital documents that should to be exposed to public safe. 5) reasonably priced for a lifetime of support

Cons

Can be more secure in completely erasing the folder or locking it without master PW if 5 attempts fail. More so for mobile devices

Satyanarayan

Industry: Oil & Energy

Value For Money

It helped me to hide important documents in the offucial laptop where it was used by my secreatory.

Pros

It helped me to hide my private photos and videos from my family

Cons

You cant use this for other device , It whould be better if it could be used for another device in case of device stolen.

Ahmed

best for securing files

overall file lock makes my files secured so it can never be opened by someone without me .

Pros

its makes our file secure and saved passwords as it is never been forgotten . we can rely on this software and makes our encrypted files more saver by coating security of this software.

Cons

nothing to change as it is already have all the features for making a software to been used daily without any discomfort.

Tobel

Industry: Law Practice

December 2021

Folder Lock review

Easy to use and Ability to secure a whole drive is cool, despite of the inconsequentials.

Pros

Easy protect files, folders and drives. It's a good file shreder.

Cons

Having only one factor authentication, this should be worked upon.

Candace

Industry: Writing and Editing

Peace of Mind is Mine

Frankly, I wonder how I existed before I found it. I am so used to locking and hiding, shredding, saving my files and information that I feel sorry for those who don't have it yet.

Pros

I love that I can lock my folders and the information within them and not worry about it again.I love being able to hide them as well! As a freelancer, I have many folders with sensitive information, project ideas, book outlines, etc. I want to know that nobody can hack in and get those ideas. It is not common, but it does happen. it is also great that I can save and secure passwords with this software.

Cons

For me the learning curve was a bit stiff, but that might have been just me. Once I learned to navigate and all the things the software is capable of doing, it was amazing!

Rob

Folder Lock - Secure your File System

I have been using this program for personal purposes. I needed to protect my files on my personal Laptop. I met my needs with this program. It brings me enough features to protect me even with the free version. Of course, for everyone who wants more, there is a paid version that supports much more. I think the price is very cool for this kind of product and it is worth it. So I pretty recommend the program for all of you that want to be protected at home or even in their business.

Pros

I think the software is cool because: 1. It has a lot of features - for me one of the most powerful are folder locking, folder hiding, encrypting your entire drives, even encrypting and protecting your flash-drives. 2. The program can destroy your files which you want not to be recoverable. 3. There is an option to archive your files on secure cloud servers where you can access your files from everywhere. 4. The app can work as a background process and no one will understand it is working. 5. All the management of your folders, encrypted drives or USBs are in one place which I think is very intuitive and you can easily work and manage them. Of course, when you start the app you cannot access it without entering your strong password. 6. The encrypting is 256 bit which for my knowledge is very hard to be broken and decrypted. Most programs work with 128 bit, so this one supports dobule more security. 7. Finally, one powerfull feature for me is that it can clear all your history - either browser or even your windows history and clipboard copies. For me, at this dynamic days, you frequently forget to clear some browsing history which decreases your privacy but with that program, you won't forget and you will clear everything with just one click.

Cons

Through my use, I did not find any difficulties using the program. I think it is easy to use, easy to manage all your private things and you can feel comfortable for protecting your files. Of course, you cannot always be 100 % secured but it is your responsibility to take small care of how you protect yourself. So this program is cool for those people who want to prevent them from stealing their files.

Bernard

Industry: Mining & Metals

Bernard's review

I used Folder Lock to protect my files at the office and at home, however, being now retired, I am using it for my personal use at home. The risk of having the files leaving home is nonexistent now, and I do not know if an outside hacker can access the lockers both when opened and closed. In overall, I always had very good support from the Folder Lock team in the past and I thank you them for their appreciated help at that time.

Pros

The version 7 is easy to use and clear. The French version that I am using is perfect( with regard to the language). I do not use all the topics offered by the software; just the file encryption topic, however, I intend to explore the other topics as well.

Cons

1. Sometimes, an open locker cannot be closed by the main Folder Lock window and the directory where the unlocked files are placed cannot be closed; 2. The portable Folfer Lock execution file automatically placed in an USB key does not seem working properly 3. The two above points were not observed with the versions 6.xx of the software

Folder Lock

I've used this software for a few years and always purchase the upgrade. I have Windows 7, and regarding that Windows 10 message, I don't know if it's any less secure when I hide my files using NTFS formatted drive. That's my only concern if I end up switching to Windows 10. Otherwise, I really like using this product to hide stuff like tax documents or other stuff with private information.

Pros

One of the features I like is being able to hide your folders. Another feature I use a lot is wiping out the harddrive. It usually frees up the spaces on my computer. I think it's helping to speed up the computer if you have deleted files hanging around in your drive.

Cons

I'm using the latest version. I get that Windows 10 message about using FAT file or something. Not sure if this means my files are not as secured anymore if I'm using NTFS hard drive. This part is the only one I'm uncleared about when I lock and unlock my folders.

Very Useful tool to Secure Your Files

Overall Folder Lock is one of the best software available for file protection. It has more users as compared to similar other software. Perfectly works on any version of Windows OS.

Pros

Folder Lock is one of the best tool available which password-protect, encrypt your files in a second. It helps to share data and Softwares and also do the cleaning of files histories. Very much easy UI and easy to use. Just set a password and do hide your files. Folder lock is also available for IOS as well as Android phones.

Cons

Not all programs are bug-free. So folder lock has its bug. If your computer crashes and needs to reinstall OS, this leads to corrupt or lose your files. Some people think this is costly Software. Otherwise, there is no major issue on this software.

Joel

Want security? They've got a lock on it!

I'm somewhat anal about protecting my business files. Folder Lock gives me that extra level of security. I protect my network with physical and software firewalls, on the off chance that someone is able to penetrate my defense, Folder Lock provides an extra level of security by encrypting and then locking down selected directories.

Pros

Setup is easy and intuitive. Windows File Explorer is running in the background so locating files and folders to secure is easy to do. Most tasks are performed with a single click making the product easy to use. Folder Lock is bullet proof security for your data.

Cons

This isn't exactly a "con," but for me personally using multiple hard drives, it can be easy to forget what folders I've locked until I try to save to a particular folder.

Felipe

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy way to encryption

Good experience with the software and client service

Pros

It's an easy way to encrypt files, folders and whole hard disks. Works smoothly and it's portable too so you can encrypt USB or folders inside USB devices. Secure file shredding and other useful options

Cons

When you open an encrypted folder and use files in it, when finishing and trying to close the encrypted folder again it wont work becase some file are still open or working, which it's not the case so it wont let you close it. This may happens because some programs used to open the files keep the link to the file in the back memory. It's an issue definitely.

Hanna