All PureVPN Reviews

Alison

Computer Networking

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2018

Fast VPN service for economical price iIhave used for internet surfing really outstanding.

PROS

VPN software is used worldwide with the 100 ip addresses. This VPN (Virtual Private Network) is really an anti-spam and it protects our IP. It provides a good opportunity in treating web management effectively. It has a tremendous number of server locations.

CONS

I would say VPN is quite easy to use but the only limitation is that sometimes it get disconnect. I tried my best to resolve this issue but I could not make it happen and i found its customer service was taking too long to resolve that issue but ultimately it is working perfectly.

Thomas

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2021

An excellent VPN with some drawbacks

Overall the VPN allows us to meet our end goal as we do business in both the UK and Germany and sometimes it is necessary to appear to be from one location when in another.

PROS

PureVPN is easy to install and maintain across both desktop and mobile with apps available for a number of devices. With the app installed then it is an easy one click to connect securely to the VPN. You can also chose a location or accept the best connection. This means you have ease of use coupled with a choice of more complex settings such as a dedicated IP. Unlike other VPNs we tried there is a lot less of not being able to access sites or cloud flare popups.

CONS

The basic VPN function works fine, however I have not been able to get the dedicated IP to function properly and just keep getting an error when trying to connect to it. However the level of English from support made it difficult to troubleshot so now I do not use this feature.

Reason for choosing PureVPN

PureVPN provided the best cost over a set number of years and offered the easiest user interface

Reasons for switching to PureVPN

NordVPN had trouble accessing a lot of sites (cloudflare)

Opeyemi

Internet, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2018

Purevpn review

PROS

Protocol support; pure vpn is one of the very few in its category that supports a wide variety of protocols, ranging from ipsec to pptp all in a bid to provide a strong online security presence and unmatched speed. Encryption; due to a common attack popularly referred to as the bruge force attack, purevpn based its services on a 256bit encryption which is the standard for fighting against the earlier mentioned menace. Advanced features; as against some other vpn networks out there, pure vpn has a list of extended features that ranges from kill switch to multiple connection support. Torrent supporr; despite the fact that the powers that be are working against torrenting as of recent, the devlopers of purevpn fully support the idea of torrenting and this vpn is torrent friendly.

CONS

Download speed; sometimes the speed of coping something off the internet gets irritably slow and unbearable. Customer service; the customer service assistant representatives working over there at purevpn have no grasp on what's going on with their company as they are barely helpful with queries. Logs policy; purevpn claims to be conscious of your security by not keeping track of whatever it is you do, it's a big fat lie as they do in some way store your activities.

Rafael

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

A great VPN service with lots of features

My overall experience with PureVPN is great. This software is an incredible and powerful VPN service both for mobile (smartphone) and desktop (PC). I often use it on the go, while I'm accessing public Wi-Fi areas. The features presented by PureVPN work very well and often come in handy in some situations. I may also mention the amazing referral program, which let me share free monthly account with my peers. I have absolutely all my confidence in PureVPN and I can easily recommend it to anyone!

PROS

What I like the most about PureVPN is how easy it is to use the app both on mobile and on the desktop. I enjoy a lot its design/layout and how it offers so many locations to access with the VPN service. I also like the PureVPN add-on for the Google Chrome, as it is very fast and reliable to use on the web. The advanced settings offers great features, such as the connection protocol and split tunneling and the support team is very friendly and responsive. They once solved me an issue in a matter of minutes.

CONS

Despite PureVPN amazing features, what I like the least about this software is how some features are billed separately from the conventional PureVPN subscription. For the price I pay for the subscription, I would like to unlock all these features at once. Other than that, I have no more negative points to mention about this very software.

Monday

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2018

PureVPN is one of the best VPN I have used

PureVPN is good and they provide good service because they offer one of the best services out there and equally have a good customer care agents who can help you out when you have any issues with using their services. I will continue using PureVPN for now and I do hope they continue improving their services to satisfy clients needs.

PROS

PureVPN turns out to be one of the best I have used and still using it because I bought their 2 years plan few months back and have been enjoying it. Their customer service is very fast to attend to queries and get any problem solved. The anonymity level of any of their VPN servers is always beyond average and on most servers that I use I do get 100%. PureVPN I can simply say is the best VPN for me that I have and equally affordable than other VPN services and they equally have a dedicated IP for personal use. I will recommend this VPN service to anyone interested in getting a VPN for personal use.

CONS

PureVPN is good but one thing I rarely don't like about their service is not allowing users of their service to download their various applications without having to login. This happened to me when I wanted to download their iOS app but it prompt me to the order page for me to purchase because I was not logged in. I will suggest they make their app available for download without having to login to their website. Though all servers that I have used none was blacklisted but some are really not fast and slow down internet connection.

Ryan

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

I'm on the VPN fence about this VPN

Overall it's worked for me, but I don't know too much about them as mentioned. I want to know more about their data trafficking, user data retention and general user information sharing. Therefore, I'm still on the fence about PureVPN.

PROS

This VPN is quite simple to setup. They have a very easy to use UI, makes other VPN's seem more difficult to use. It works well, connects quickly, masks your IP and keeps you feeling more secure.

CONS

I don't really know them. I've had mixed reactions from their support team. They're helpful, and at times unresponsive, then at times they're very responsive, so there's definite levels of inconsistency I'm not too happy about.

Reason for choosing PureVPN

The pricing was better. We all know VPN's are expensive. But that should not be a valid reason to choose a VPN. That's not good practice.

1 employee

Reviewed May 2019

Most secured and featured VPN connectivity service

PROS

Apart from my other works, I usually spend my time on the internet to find suitable items, softwares, products, informations and other things for my business. And while doing that, I generally visit many sites on the internet which are either unsafe or non-trustable, in this case I never want my internet connectivity information and other private data to be revealed to the sites or otherwise my information could be stolen , so I definitely need a VPN to hide my real information and PureVPN is the all which works best for me. PureVPN is really easy to use and has a great user interface. It's connectivity is really fast than other Vpn apps out there and it never disconnects automatically like some other apps I used in past. PureVPN provides fast connection Ips and they are so much secured . With PureVPN I can get into sites which are actually non-accessible for me. PureVPN provides many features which are generally not provided by other VPN connectivity apps like Split Tunning. I can even run one PureVpn account on upto five devices but I generally run it on two devices ie on my Windows Desktop and Android Smartphone.

CONS

PureVPN provides so many features but still some of the features are available only after the premium expansion. And the problem is that if you aren't a regular user, the premium pricing will feel you like its useless for you because its somewhat expensive and you generally don't use it all the time

1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Handy VPN tool with multiple country options

Great VPN for security and web management purposes. Have had no real issues with it.

PROS

I've used this VPN for years. It's a great tool that's useful for not only security purposes but also for times that I need to review websites from other countries for work and geo-restrictions present issues. It also has many countries to choose from.

CONS

It can sometimes be a little buggy when it is being updated. This generally doesn't happen, but can do on occasion.

Reviewed April 2019

PureVPN was just the solution I was looking for

Overall, PureVPN was an extremely affordable and viable solution to access virtual private networks.

PROS

I loved that fact that PureVPN introduced software to easily access all their features without having to manually change TCP/IP settings, etc. It made something ordinarily intimidating much more accessible.

CONS

Connectivity speeds were often slow, and certain cities and countries weren't always working

Reviewed November 2018

Simple and Fast VPN

Easy to use VPN for all devices.

PROS

I like how PureVPN supports several VPN protocols, including: IKEv2, L2TP, PPTP, OpenVPN, and SSTP.

CONS

It can be difficult to get online sometimes.

Andrea

Textiles, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2022

El mejor VPN sin dudas

Estaba buscando una VPN segura y que funcionara muy bien y, leyendo reseñas, conseguí PureVPN. Lo necesitaba ya que tuve que viajar el año pasado y con la VPN puedo conectarme desde donde sea, evitando los típicos problemas que generan los correos electrónicos y otros servicios cuando te conectas desde un lugar que no reconocen. Todavía lo uso ya que, además, ayuda a proteger mis datos de terceros.

PROS

Es muy fácil de usar, muy intuitivo, tiene un listado de países de dónde elegir para hacer la conexión y ésta se hace de forma rápida, ofrece IP dedicada a buen precio. La única vez que tuve inconvenientes con la conexión, el servicio al cliente actuó rápido y resolvió el problema. Antes de decidirme en comprar este software, el servicio al cliente resolvió todas mis dudas y puedo decir que me encantó el trato y la atención.

CONS

No tengo quejas, estoy muy contenta y puedo recomendarlo con los ojos cerrados.

Harmandeep

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2018

PureVPN is a decent vpn choice for medium size industry!

PROS

750+ servers in 141 countries Five simultaneous connections Support for OpenVPN, Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)/Internet Protocol Security (IPSec), Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP), and Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) VPN protocols WiFi security Dedicated IP NAT firewall Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection

CONS

IPv6, DNS and WebRTC leaks detected Connection issues on select servers Many complaints Hard to verify security features and claims

Reviewed February 2018

I feel secured!

PROS

The ease of use and very speedy is the what I like most about this software. Customer service is also top notch.

Jamie

Reviewed July 2018

Awesome software, use it all the time and never fails

PROS

It just works. Almost never have any issues connecting to a VPN line. Nice command line options to be able to use scripts with it.

CONS

If I had to pick one it would be nice to be able to connect to a particular country and choose to just refresh the ip address. Besides that I can't think of any.

Eric

Reviewed February 2018

PureVPN was the best VPN solution I have tested and implemented for my clients.

PROS

Ease of use for non-technical users to actually launch and utilize this product. The features available were more than I've found I needed or would use, which is a bonus. So far it's proven to be very secure, especially in contrast to the first few I tested and had issues with timing out etc.

CONS

Customer support was a little slow responding to an issue I had, but still helped to line it out. Other than that so far so good.

Ruben

Computer Networking, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

great speed and run safe

very useful and high responsivity but limited to five device connected simultaneously

PROS

they have excellent speed affordable with average prices , they have good capability to manage the privacy with encryted and tunneling concepts

CONS

the customer service have a lack to answer a lot of questions , the speed decrease if you need more encryted data

Nazli

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2021

VPN with basic features

PROS

I like the fact its available in both Windows and mobile version. You can by pass some networks and even connect to some specific country IPs. I find its stable and secure VPN.

CONS

Some servers and features are paid and they are good but yes if you ready to pay its great.

Paolo

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2019

Does what it is supposed to, but nothing too fancy

Overall for the money it's a good option. I will probably continue to use this for years or until the price goes up!

PROS

Fairly priced and easy to use. It gives a lot of nice different modes for using a VPN and adjusts accordingly.

CONS

Requires too many updates. I feel like every time I open it I need to update it, which is a nuisance.

Rivaldo

Higher Education, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

You must use it!

PROS

Very easy and simple to use. There are various features that can facilitate VPN access.

CONS

Country access is not too complete and connections are often broken.

Michal