Deltek Costpoint Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2021

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Highly configurable, excellent integration with other systems."
  • icon"Ease of movement around system. The query function is a great way to filter info."
  • icon"Easy of use and love the ability to copy into excel. So much easier now than in the old CP versions."
  • icon"It would make a one stop location to have all the information in one place compared to opening up other tabs to trying to locate your balances."
  • icon"Reporting Feature a little difficult for me to manage."
  • icon"The system takes a long time to learn and is difficult to navigate."

Have you used Deltek Costpoint and would like to share your experience with others?

All Deltek Costpoint Reviews

Use daily reports work well

Just in time reporting

Pros

It combines accounting and contracts. Easy to use and run reports and pull data from system. Love the real-time reporting

Cons

The contracts model needs more attention. It could be more robust. It is really not functional out of the box

Simple software everyone understands

Deltek helps us take care of our timesheets in short order, with very helpful search and report functions to boot.

Pros

I always like how easy it is to use. I create favorites so I don't even have to search for the right codes - they're just right there. And the web pages load very quickly on our awful work computers!

Cons

Depending on how your company set it up, it can be confusing to find your codes initially... but all they have to do is give them to you and then it's super easy.

Nicholas

Deltek Costpoint Review

It has been a decent system overall but there is a lack of customization, predictive features, poor reporting features and no updates for several years so other HRIS systems are way ahead of this particular system.

Pros

It is a pretty simple to use software for HRIS data and has a lot of fields to enter. It is great that there is a reporting system to allow for standard and custom reports. There is an immediate entry into the system once changes are made so it is great to get an immediate response.

Cons

There are several cons with the system. First, it has not been updated over several years and no upgrades have been made to keep up with the times. It feels like the system is dated back to the 1980's. There is no predictive searches for employees, there are too many windows for different types of employee data so it is hard to find certain employee data. The reporting is also hard to create custom reports as you have to understand extensive knowledge of Cognos, hard to search fields for employee data and it is clunky. There are no workflows or business rules that can be setup in order to allow for notifications for certain events regarding employee self service.

Kent

Deltek

Pros

Deltek Costpoint is a great software tool to manage parts, inventory, finances and cost reports. It is very easy to use if you are aware that the first priority of Costpoint is a financial tool. It is customizable to link to other software for ERP and MES solutions.

Cons

There is a dedicated support team, but for an enterprise solution there aren't many options for individual sites.

Great functionality but not easy to use

Due to our type of work, it was a great product to use when working government contracts.

Pros

The software had great reports. It's payroll portion was very easy to understand and navigate while processing biweekly checks.

Cons

The software is not user friendly. It took quite some time to learn how to use properly and the reporting function is complicated.

Randall

Industry: Defense & Space

Easy to use once you get the hang of it

Overall I think Deltek is a solid tool and I would not mind continuing to use the software, however I've worked at other places that have had better or at least more user-friendly timekeeping systems.

Pros

As a user, my only involvement with Deltek is entering my hours on a daily basis after work. It took some fiddling around but once I got the hang of it, it was pretty straight forward to log my data. The tool allows you to see how much holiday or PTO balance you have as well as allowing you to access your paystub. These were things that my company previously had as separate systems, so it's nice that they're all together now.

Cons

It was hard to familiarize myself with the tool at first as it seems all the basic functions for simply entering my time data is hidden under various levels of menus. I don't know if it's merely because of the way my company configured the tool, but I haven't figured out how to print things, especially my paystub. There is no option that I'm aware of for looking at my PTO history.

Employees won't love it

Pros

There isn't much to like about this software. It does let you save time codes to favorites, but that's the bare minimum and doesn't do much more to make the work of someone entering a daily time card easy.

Cons

The loading times seem slower than peer software I've used and the features to populate saved time codes aren't as good. Requesting time off is especially burdensome and requires several steps where it should really only have one.

Costpoint from a Programmer's View

It works well, it is easy to learn and run.

Pros

Ease to select rows of data and export to excel and vice versa. Help information is great as well

Cons

Error messages are not clear as to the real issue is. It lacks some of the report functionality.

Reasons for choosing Deltek Costpoint

It was used by other teams within the company. Price and extensibility

Reasons for switching to Deltek Costpoint

Mitigated Entity requirement and CAS compliance

I've used CostPoint to track recorded work time.

It makes it easy to keep track of your recorded work time.

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy to update your time keeping and sign, as well as check what your available leave balance is.

Cons

Adding new programs to your worksheet is not that intuitive, and some of the menu's can feel a bit complex and unclear as to what they accomplish.

It’s great for Large organizations

Pros

I like it’s features on login when used in a mobile browsing window.

Cons

It was very hard to navigate at first. The help section, while very robust, was a bit difficult to understand. I did a lot of “trial and error”, before eventually figuring it out.

JADE

COSTPOINT IS PRETTY AWESOME

After using it for over a year, I am noticing that a lot of the processes are streamlined which helps with accurate accounting of POs and the information stored for vendors.

Pros

I like the fact that their interfaces are able to communicate with each other. I also like the ease of use when using the software. It is honestly cut an dry and if you have used various SAP before, you should not have an issue with this one. I transitioned from the US Army using GCSS-Army and the interfaces in costpoint were virtually the same.

Cons

I like the software, but my company does not or wants to ay for all the modules needed, so I feel as though I cannot use Costpoint to its full potential as I feel it can be used. I hope after this conference I am able to go back to my Company's President and change his mind.

RAY

Easy Timecards

Overall, I've been very pleased in my experience with the software. Entering my time is easier than software used in my last job, and corrections are easier to make. My time cards have been easy to read and understand when going back to review them!

Pros

This software allows a user to easily access their timecards and log their time. Saving favorite codes for items such as contracts worked, favorites, leave, etc. is a breeze.

Cons

I haven't encountered any issues thus far. There can be an overwhelming number of time codes depending on the company you work for.

Breanna

Industry: Government Relations

Costpoint

Overall, it's not bad if you have proper training. But bringing someone new in to use it, is a difficult task and requires a sit down training. I wish it was more user friendly.

Pros

It gets the job done and ensures we are in compliance

Cons

It is not intuitive, so you need all the training you can get to know what simple buttons you need to do, to put out results you want.

Reasons for choosing Deltek Costpoint

It ensured we were compliant with DCAA

Brant

Industry: Shipbuilding

Need improvement with standard reports

Pros

Cons

The standard reports are very poor. I wonder if they consulted actual users and asked what they needed. Has forced us to use cognos query and writer which is not user friendly. There are standard reports such as dispatch lists that should be part of the package.

Reasons for switching to Deltek Costpoint

Had to move to an actual cost system.

Jeremy

Great product overall for government contractors.

Efficiencies with back-office processes.

Pros

Heavily integrated. It offers a lot of features suitable for government contractors. Companies that rely heavily on projects and reporting will find the system very suitable for their requirements.

Cons

Very complex. The system requires a lot of hands-on interaction to become proficient. The integration is great, but with it comes a steep learning curve.

Barbara

Controller

Costpoint is a dynamic system with many features that are automated. We use it for not only our accounting system, but also our budgeting and reporting. It is complex and able to do many things, but the right people must be in place to ensure the system works for you and is used to it's fullest. We are only using some of the capabilities of the system, and have only started to unlock all the possibilities of the system 2 years into implementation.

Jim