What are FreshBooks users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using FreshBooks software through verified user reviews

3,831 Reviews

2,215
1,290

• icon"Ease of use and integration from pc to mobile. The fact that i could copy repetitive invoices and projects saved me a lot of time as well."
  • icon"It’s very easy to use,excellent customer service and use also a great mobile app. I am really happy to have this software in my company."
  • icon"I love that i can send edit and track my business. The app on my phone is great but would like more of the same options as the desktop."
  • icon"Interface is hard and confusing to use. Not built for those without precision motor skills (forget it if you have any sort of impairment)."
  • icon"The downside of FreshBooks is that there is no possibility of merging contacts while duplicates are repeated when Freshbooks connects to another platform e.g. Hubspot."
  • icon"There are a few features missing in the software compared to the other softwares."

Browse all FreshBooks Reviews

• Have you used FreshBooks and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 3,823 reviews

Dinos

June 2022

I use FreshBooks because it's support kicks ass...

Carlos

Industry: Import and Export

August 2022

Makes the job easier, I recommend it!

Great, really-

Pros

It's very easy to use from the beginning, it doesn't have major complications when it comes to integrating the books -for example-, and it's really fluid. Finally, handling accounting projects is fantastic.

Cons

Updates take too long in my opinion. The rest all ok.

waqar

March 2022

Review About FreshBooks

Overall my experience with is quite good, it's easy to use and prices are affordable. they need to add more templates for invoices, for small companies, it's a good solution. if you want to switch, you should use its free trial first then if you feel it's according to your requirements you can switch.

Pros

1. This accounting solution is very feasible across different operating systems, you can use it with Linux, Unix, Windows, iOS, and android. 2. Flexible and affordable price plans, you can choose your plan according to your amount of work and employees. 3. Most of the accounting software won't let you use it full fledge during the free trial but FreshBooks allows you to use it full fledge during the free trial period so that you can evaluate your plan accordingly. 4. FreshBooks has the best service agents and help center, according to many satisfied customers, FreshBook earns the most trusted reviews than any other software team.

Cons

1. Limited Number of invoicing templates. 2. lack of multicurrency support.

Garrick

Industry: Law Practice

A Game Changer

I found it to be incredible it does what I need it to do, better than anyone else.

Pros

I use this to bill clients, send invoices, and to track time. This tool is incredible for how I use it. It does everything better than I could dream or need it to perform.

Cons

I pay for everything else, I might find a need to use it one day, but for me: the software is perfect.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

This captured our time in such an amazing way and made it easy to give to clients.

Frank

I wish I could rate it higher than a 10

Switching to it from one of those other software packages was one of the most liberating experiences of my career.

Pros

It was so easy to add and remove third party apps if and when they were needed.Plus, there were lots of options for third party apps that I could plug in or switch out as needed.

Cons

It never once made me a cup of coffee. I know that sounds like a weird joke but that's pretty much the only thing that it couldn't do for me.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I made the mistake of adding some extra services onto my QuckBooks account. It took a matter of seconds to add them. When they weren't working out for me, getting them removed took numerous phone calls and hours of my time. I eventually reached a point where it was easier to switch than to continue dealing with them.

Benjamin

August 2022

FreshBooks is the best software I've used for my small business.

FreshBooks is truly a joy to use. It helps keep my estimation and billing running smoothly, and makes it easy to process payments, and gives a lot of options to allow my clients to pay me in the way that works best for them. I love that you can track invoices from the moment you send them, and you can see when the client has viewed them, and even message the client right in the invoicing portal. I had used Quickbooks for years at another job I had, and also used it from time to time with my own businesses, but I was never happy with it. It was always clunky, slow, and glitchy, and was kind of on the basic side with it's features, or you had to pay another fee to add more features. I found FreshBooks through an ad, and gave their free trial a shot, and I was hooked from the start. the software is so responsive and easy to use, I don't believe I've ever had any kind of glitches or crashes while using it. The mobile app integrates perfectly with it, and keeps all the things I need on a regular basis at my finger tips. Any issues I've ever had, they support team was quick and efficient in helping me an answering my questions. Overall, FreshBooks is a wonderful company, and they make wonderful software that I thoroughly enjoy using.

Pros

I love how intuitive and easy it is to use. The invoicing, payment processing, and overall accounts receivable functions are so simple, yet powerful and allow me to accomplish everything I need to in that area. The support staff is wonderful and extremely responsive, and it just helps my one man operation run smoothly when it comes to the accounting.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything about the software that I don't like.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

The user experience was just so much better, so much easier to use, and had all the features I was looking for, and they are constantly working deliberately to add new, relevant features as they go.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

The experience was so much better, right form the start.

Elton

Easy Setup, Easy Invoicing, Simple to Use

instant integration with our Hotel Software and clients allows us to recommend services to our customers to improve effiency.

Pros

The Mobile application is like having your own accountant available immediately, its ability to pull up Age analysis on Debtors and resending invoicing direct from your mobile or debit/credits allows for instant resolve

Cons

The History when going in and out of accounts you have to start fro the beginning, if its possible to develop this further if not already done, then you have a Flawless product

It felt easier to access my products took less than 10 minutes to setup

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Simple ease of use and ability to remotely reply via the APP

Nathan

March 2022

Very safe choice for US-based freelance proposals and invoicing

Pros

It does what I need it to do. I want to send pretty proposals so I can look all professional and all that without tinkering in Word or Excel. Then CLICK it's an invoice.

Cons

The price is OK when you have income. It's a good chunk of change to put down if you don't get anywhere. BUT it's a solid, proven platform. Also not great if you're based outside of North America.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Because Indy isn't done development yet. I loved Indy.

Unjustified currency transaction fee

Nazmul

Best Project Management for Small Business

If you ask me for a rating, I would give 8 out of 10. With a huge amount of features like invoicing, Client Portal, Contact Management, Expense Tracking, Project Management make your business easy to manage. For people who are trying to start a new business, I would recommend the FreshBooks at first.

Pros

FreshBooks is very easy to use and has so many features that help you manage your business in a short time. They have excellent customer services. The most fascinating thing about FreshBooks is it has also mobile app and the UI design is so eye-catching. They create attractive invoices for clients. Another coolest feature of FreshBooks is "Proposal". This feature allows you to show the work and writing space and attach your customize pictures.

Cons

Although you can hardly find cons in FreshBooks. But sometimes something grabs notice. I think the least likable thing about FreshBooks is limiting users. Only one user can use FreshBooks. And the other one is the price. I think as a small business management tool, it is a little expensive than others.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

I thought I have a small business, so I don't need to start with a big company. I just wanted a simple tool that fulfills my needs. And found them in FreshBook. Another thing I should mention that makes me choose FreshBooks over the QuickBooks is the referral system. Though I didn't refer anyone yet.

August 2022

Terrible interface, bad data security practices and dishonest customer support

The last year has been horrible, absolutely horrible. This is a dishonest company in my opinion, but the biggest thing was last night after a week or more of begging to have access to my data after the subscription ended Zac, a support specialist decides at 7pm without me asking to access my data, download it to his computer and emailed all the documents to me over an insecure interface. I called and talked with customer service and was promised a call from management before the end of the day to discuss and that never happened. I told the woman I spoke with today that I didn't trust someone would call me back and she promised and of course, no one did. Then when I call back at EOD my phone number is blocked and all I get is an email saying essentially it was a mistake and we all make them and it's not their normal way of handling this, basically, an oops sorry. They clearly have no care for client data security and their security practices seem to be so cavalier from this experience they should never handle anyone's data. Their customer service didn't hesitate to flat out lie to me or management turned them into liars whichever it is. Please don't support this company.

Pros

The old interface and the previous CEO management. Customer for 10 years, leaving because it's horrible now and customer service is broken and data security issues.

Cons

Their old software was good, and then they forced everyone to a less-featured new version that lacked functionality and jacked the price significantly. They say they always listen and take feedback from customers but in practice, I never saw any action from the feedback, its like a black hole from my experience. Their new version lacks features and is very clunky compared to the old one. After a year of having issues with the new version, I chose not to renew. I called to tell them I wished to cancel and please delete my credit card data. They refused to delete my credit card data and suggested I may get charged again. In 2011 their policy was that you would always have access to your data through the website regardless of having a paid account. Now they don't do that and have lied about their past policies to me. In 2011 you could have a free account with only one client and would always have access to your data that was what the sales pitch was, they said you would always have access to it. They were the first game in cloud accounting, so this was important. In 2016 when I switched to a new account because of a change in structure I still had access to my old account despite not paying for it after it expired for 3+ years. Now they are so horrible and so anti-customer that the day your subscription runs out they turn it off and block you from it. They are so greedy for money they run customers away. There are much better software and customer service for accounting software

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

In 2010 from Intuit but I have since moved to another platform. For privacy from FreshBooks, I don't want to name it but the new company's software work so well and their customer service listens to feedback and will actually implement good ideas to the software. Look around and don't believe all the paid reviews by this company to make their software sound like the best.

May 2022

Freshbooks WAS amazing, but now not so much. Proceed with caution.

The software for me is essentially rendered useless, since I can't use it for accounting. What's the point of paying for an accounting software, when I can't do my books with it!?!

Pros

At first, Freshbooks offered everything I needed. Their features worked without a glitch. No complaints. But now not so much. It's not a long term viable solution for your accounting needs.

Cons

The core functionality (bank connection) for accounting does not work. It constantly disconnects and expenses do not import. I have been talking to customer service for now 5 months, and no resolution. And because my case is hard to solve, the customer service reps just did the bare minimum and deflected blame on their internal tech partners. I had to follow up, they were not proactive and still to this day can't give a real ETA on when the problem will fix. It's as if my problem is of no importance to them and low on their priority list. I've been patiently waiting 5 months - and still nothing. So in my opinion, Freshbooks is a bad company to deal with when your account has real issues - you won't get the support you need and your business will suffer for it.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. I am sorry to hear of the frustration that you've experienced with this Bank Connection issue. Regardless of the root of the connection issue, our Support Team is absolutely here to assist in this matter. You can find the contact information, including phone numbers, for the Support Team here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. We look forward to hearing from you and helping however we can! ^DM

Replied May 2022

May 2022

Worst Experience that does not end

Worst experience. I am a busy solo- trepenuer I gave a full time job and my side business. FreshBooks has caused nothing but a headache this past year.

Pros

Initially it was decent but these past two years have been horrible

Cons

The money transfer to my bank took two weeks.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to share this review about your experience. It is possible that when accepting online payments through any of the various payment processors we integrate with that the transaction or payment processing account may undergo a review, which can extend the timeline for receiving payments. I certainly do understand that this can cause frustration. If there are any matters our Support Team can assist with, please reach out and we'd be happy to help however we can: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Replied May 2022

Jessica

Doesn’t compare to quickbooks

Overall, I wanted to like fresh books. However in the long run they just don’t compare to quick books.

Pros

Customer service is great, they are always helpful & available via phone or email.

Cons

Many features aren’t even available in the lite version.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Jessica, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. Thank you for your kind words about our Support Team - we do aim to help customers however we can! You are correct that there are certain features in FreshBooks that are associated with certain plans. If you haven't had a chance already to share the specifics of what features you'd like to see in our Lite plan, our Support Team can assist in passing that feedback along. The contact information for the Support Team can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Replied March 2022

Sabin

Industry: Wholesale

February 2022

good application to maintain accounting and financial management

Pros

Its pretty good app to manage a very small scale business. easy to use and manage and in case of invoice making and financial management .

Cons

It has some kind of bug issues and it crash sometimes. Field customization is not possible in case of invoice.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Sabin, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. I have ensured that your feedback about wanting customizable fields on Invoices has been passed along to our Product Team on your behalf. You can check out any changes and updates we make to FreshBooks here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/4418654981005-Changes-Updates-in-2022 As for the mention of bugs or other issues, I'm sorry to hear you encountered such matters. Our Support Team is happy to assist in troubleshooting or assisting however we can! Our contact information can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Replied February 2022

Corey

Can't work without it

With FreshBooks, I am able to track expenses easily and I can invoice clients quickly in a very professional way. I love the invoice deadline features that remove the need for regular maintenance on client accounts. I literally wouldn't be able to work without it.

Pros

I fell in love with FreshBooks years ago, before I even had the need for many of its features. I have grown my business to use the services offered at a higher level and now look for opportunities to use it because it is that good. The invoicing is the best service for my business and I highly recommend it.

Cons

I honestly can't find anything that I don't like.

It is the best!

Randal

"New" Freshbooks has completely make this formerly amazing service...unusable & frustrating

Loved them for more than a decade, until the "New" version completely left us wondering what went wrong. Their support has been great, helping us to move to another platform, but again, the "New" version is making that transition even harder, although we haven't tried to export from "Classic", so I could be wrong.

Pros

The previous "Classic" edition was so easy to use, powerful in its simplicity and quick. The only thing I can say about the "New" version is that it is pretty.

Cons

The "New" version might be pretty, but it has become pretty awful to use. The platform is now so slow, we often wonder if we clicked on something...so we wait (e.g. create an invoice). Navigation used to be simple, but that is no longer the case. It takes many more clicks to find the information I need. I've been using now for about 2 months, so I know where to go, but it takes so much longer now. Invoicing & applying payment now prone to mistakes. The Credit card option will be ON/OFF for all subsequent invoices, so it's hard to make an exception (e.g. hardware) for one invoice. We have to constantly check a few options for every invoice, making the whole process much longer. Billing for time is somewhat better. It now shows ONLY the clients that have unmilled time, but once you create an invoice, the client will stay in the list for a good 15 minutes, making this feature cool, but useless. All in all, being moved to "New" has been an absolute nightmare and has caused us to completely lose faith in this company, which I have been using since its inception. We are sad to say, the problems by far outweighs the pretty interface, and we find ourselves forced to use something functional.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

At the time, I liked the Cloud version.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Randal, thank you for taking the time to share your review and raise these concerns. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced some issues when using FreshBooks - I have passed this feedback along to our team on your behalf. Feedback from customers like yourself is absolutely valuable for the changes and updates that are made to FreshBooks. You can keep up to date with all the changes and updates our team is making here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054235012-Changes-Updates-in-2021. If there are any questions or concerns our Support Team can assist with, our contact information can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM

Replied October 2021

Julia Maria

Industry: Information Services

July 2022

It amply met my expectations and satisfies the company's needs.

When we implemented it, it was a lifesaver, as it makes day-to-day financial work easy and not at all intimidating, especially. It helped us save a lot of time, as we can focus on what we do and let Freshbooks do the rest. I especially like the professional look of the invoices without having to spend too much time designing or using design software. Anyone can create an attractive and professional invoice in minutes and I appreciate that.

Pros

I like how adaptable it is and how it can be used for any need. We have been using it in the company for a couple of years now, I already knew it from my freelance work and I can attest to the goodness and simplicity of the system. At the moment we have the Plus subscription and I find it very complete and affordable.

Cons

I would like the application to be more complete and useful because I would like to have a complete view of my invoices when I am not at my desk.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

We can use Freshbooks for business, integrating other applications, or tracking software for things like inventory.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

One problem I often had when working with Quickbooks is that it sometimes took too long to load and was too slow; in fact, that was one of the reasons we switched to another platform (Freshbooks).

Yvonne

Great Invoicing Software for Designers

Freshbooks has a cleaner and more user friendly interface than any accounting software that I’ve used. My CPA complains that the back end is not as robust as Quickbooks, but other than that, it’s the best for creatives in my opinion

Pros

I love the ability to create proposals with pictures and a client signature line. Also, the app is pretty great.

Cons

I’d like to be able to add pictures through the app, but it’s never worked. The back end for taxes and reconciling found be better according to my cpa

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Freshbooks allows for pictures to be attached to proposals which is vital to my biz.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I needed an easy to use app

Scott

December 2021

Run as fast as you can from this platform now that they are forcing migrations to new platform

FreshBooks was founded by someone that wanted to make a great product for small businesses to do invoicing and time tracking, that focus is obviously gone and the focus revolves around their payment processing.

Pros

We implemented the "Classic Freshbooks" which was a super clean interface that you could navigate with your keyboard for the most part, was stable and efficient. This worked great for us for almost 10 years.

Cons

They are now forcing their new interface on everyone, which is buggy and slow. Constant downtime at critical times like end of month, causing customers not to be able to access and pay invoices. Huge financial repercussions for us due to this.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Wanted an online system which QB didn't offer at the time.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Scott, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. You are correct that we are moving customers to the new FreshBooks. I'm sorry that you've experienced some issues with your account since moving, but our Support Team is here to help however we can. While there are some changes between the classic and new FreshBooks, feedback from customers like yourself is absolutely valuable to our team as we make continue to make changes and updates to the software. We post those updates here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054235012-Changes-Updates-in-2021. If you have any questions or matters we can assist with, the contact details for our Support Team are listed here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM

Replied December 2021

Corey

September 2022

Freshbooks Software Review

It has been an excellent software to use and works great. Very simple to use for invoice creation and setting up payments. Highly recommended!

Pros

The ease of use. It is very simple to learn how to utilize the software and to get your business invoices set up for clients.

Cons

It would save time if there was an option to create an invoice from the client master list instead of having to go into the invoice tab after a new client is created to create an invoice.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

We chose Freshbooks because they offered the automatic bank withdrawals for a payment option.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

Quickbooks had way too many features that we did not need as a small business and they also did not offer automatic bank withdrawals (the auto-pay feature) from bank accounts (only credit cards).

Sara

June 2022

Great accounting and invoicing software

Easy-to-use: Freshbooks A lot of functions are available and you can get started in a short period of time. Clients will love this for making payments. Freshbooks' user-friendliness and the fact that all of my clients are saved there are two things I really like. All of my client data has been held there for more than a decade.

Pros

FreshBooks has a really visually appealing interface, and that's something I really like. Even after a long day at work, logging in never leaves me feeling drained. When I log in, the most crucial information is right there on the dashboard. FreshBooks can help me operate my design business. Tracking my time, creating estimates and invoicing, creating projects, setting up regular retainers, etc. are just some of the things I do.

Cons

As a result, there can be a lot of confusion when it comes to automatic payments. The smartphone app itself also needs a lot of work. In addition, the FreshBooks customer service needs improvement. I'd like to see some of the more expensive plans' extras available to everyone.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

For the sake of my business finance manager, I don't mess about with Excel spreadsheets. Self-employment taxes are calculated based on the information provided. It saves me a ton of time, and by the end of the year, I'm well-prepared for tax time.

Kenny

April 2022

Excellent Experience

Pros

I switched mainly for the well laid out App and the project profitability reports. I very much needed help tracking projects and expenses. This recaps all activity on one page. I also like that it has mileage and expense tracking all tied in.

Cons

Cost was a little steep at $50/month but still less than Quickbooks.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

Price and features were compared in Freshbooks and I was able to achieve all I needed and it was less than Quickbooks. Other software didn’t have all the features I needed so they were ruled out.

Project profitability

Eathan

February 2022

Freshbooks The best software for service providers

Overall experience is great and would recommend everyone to use freshbooks in their busines

Pros

Freshbooks simple and easy to use,low prices for great services,easy way to track your money,brand your invoices,plus support team actually let's you speak to a real person which is great

Cons

Some recent changes to their platform increased pricing a little, unforseen charges applied to each employee so my account cost me a little more then usual

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I had some technical difficulties with QuickBooks and they did not satisfy my needs as a service provider

Elaine

February 2022

Freshbooks - works for this accounting novice

The learning curve is manageable. There are more features to explore. I have been using Freshbooks since June and plan to continue for my business needs.

Pros

I have been on the creative and development side of my business. Now I own the company and the accounting is new for me and I needed to be a quick study. Freshbooks is user friendly, moderately priced and provides more services and options that I have yet to explore.

Cons

I have not cons about the software. Because I am new to the language of accounting, I sometimes need support creating a report for things that are specific to my need. I am not sure who to connect with to explain that need to see if there is a solution. More of a user con, than a software con.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

More affordable for needs.

Cc

Excellent Low-Cost Billing Software

Superb!

Pros

FreshBooks' functionality and ease of use rival that of more well known billing systems.

Cons

The software works great, but I'd like to be able to manage more than five clients without having to upgrade my plan.

Reasons for choosing FreshBooks

FreshBooks offered a free trial, which allowed me to assess the platform with no commitment, and ultimately decide that it had everything that I needed in a billing system. I recommend FreshBooks to any small business owners who need to make a switch in their billing system.

Reasons for switching to FreshBooks

I needed a more automated approach to my billing process.

Showing 1 - 25 of 3,823 reviews