Browse Premier Reviews

Dustin from John Wayne Construction, Inc.

Huge upgrade over quickbooks

Tremendous upgrade over quickbooks.

Pros

Job Budget control screen and interactive reports on job costs in real time. Implementation team was phenomenal at helping to deal with the challenges of leaving an inferior software.

Cons

The migration from quickbooks was very challenging and time consuming. But that is much more an indictment of quickbooks than it is of Jonas.

Philip from ALLY Construction Services, LLC

Great Software with Excellent Customer Support

Pros

This a robust software that includes both financial management and project management functions. Having both functions under one platform is fantastic for our operations team. The full suite of project management functions means that we do not need additional software to fill gaps in functionality. The best feature is the customer support! The team at Premier actively seeks our feedback, always makes themselves available when we have major issues or simple questions, and the actually use the feedback to develop new features that make the software easier to use. The fact that we can make a suggestion and have it implemented in a relatively short time frame is extremely valuable to us.

Cons

At the start there is a bit of a learning curve, but the software is very intuitive so people learn quickly. There were some modules that were slightly cumbersome but Premier has been pushing significant updates that have solved those issues and expanded functionality significantly.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

Ease of use, better pricing model for our business, customer support was significantly better

TIFFINI from Wan Bridge

Good product and good implementation team

Overall, very good experience. The system has some features that are very beneficial and convenient. However, I wish they would have a way to link to bank sites so the data would be automatically imported in for bank reconciliations.

Pros

Easy to use interface and the teams dedicated to training us on how to use the system. Alesia from Elevate has worked closely with us on a weekly basis and was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Was very responsive to our questions and provided good solutions that were specific to our company needs. It was also beneficial to have video tutorials that explained in detail how the modules worked.

Cons

Premier would have technical issues regularly. We would need to refresh the whole page in order to resolve the issue which takes is a bit frustrating because the data would be needed to be entered again.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

Premier provided lots of tools that we believe are very useful and easy to customize on what we need.

Reasons for Switching to Premier

We needed a more robust system with construction functionality

Debra from Xpera

Customer Service

I do not like the program as it takes to many steps to create invoices and find it to be a waste of time during billing. there is not a way to customize our invoices per the clients needs.

Pros

Although I do not like the program I have been impressed with the support I receive when needed. Tharani has been an amazing help to me.

Cons

The amount of steps to create anything!

Reasons for Choosing Premier

It was lower in cost then others

Management wanted better reporting

Imelda from Dominion Development Group

Transitioning to Jonas Premier

Excellent customer service and very organize in the implementation process. The web training and 1:1 meetings are great tool in learning the software. Once live the team elevate meeting is perfect, continued support for actual data entry and use of the modules accordingly.

Pros

All modules are very user friendly, easy to navigate, the quick search feature works great and customized forms are very handy. Saves a lot of time in uploading data by using the template, history upload and setup. The job dashboard is excellent tool in project management. Timely response from the implementation team is added bonus what makes Premier a very good software , construction or corporate/owner companies.

Cons

Need improvement/enhancement email notification for invoices approval.

Reasons for Switching to Premier

Sage 300 can no longer meet the company's need and we need updated cloud base software.

Brandon from Orbital Solar Services

OSS Administrator Review

Overall good experience, support is hit or miss, but it seems they are building a team and a system that would improve this. Our struggles getting assistance with our SOX compliance has not been a good experience to the point where we love the product but may have to switch platforms to abide by our SOX legislation. This was not really a problem for us until we were acquired by a publicly-traded company.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use. I like the training seminars and how frequent they are.

Cons

Lack of SOX compliance or access to change logs and other detailed reports that would make the software SOX friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

I am not aware as I was not involved in that decision-making process.

Amy from URC West, Inc,

Implementation - Customer Service

Our overall experience has been very positive. The customer service is exceptional. The software itself is very complete - it has more capabilities than we even use, but having the options makes for a pleasant surprise when we do need to dive deeper or track additional costs.

Pros

We are very pleased with the software. The ability to connect project management with accounting has made us much more efficient. Overall, we are excited about our decision. What makes Premier an even better decision for us, is the customer service and support staff. We have had the pleasure of working with Aisha over the past couple of months to iron out some of our implementation process and she has gone over and above any of our expectations.

Cons

There have been some learning curves coming from QB. In my opinion, QB has set a standard for accounting softwares where the rest of the industry has followed suit. Cons are not necessarily from the software, but in breaking habits that had become "our" normal.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

Reporting and excel based was a big plus

Reasons for Switching to Premier

We needed more construction specific modules. The ability to connect project management with accounting, which Premier provided.

Judy from Primus Companies Inc

Love Jonas

My goal with Jonas was to implement a software that would take us into the future and allow some automation. The time savings I have seen has been incredible. It has allowed us to stay steady with the accounting staff we have with little to no overtime! The staff has been great and at times extremely patient with us.

Pros

It is easy to get around the software. It is great to store all documents in one area. The drill down capabilities make it easy to get to documents without having to do dig for paper in a file. The financial reports are amazing. There are so many options it is great. You can make your own, but the canned solutions make month end reporting a snap. There is a job dashboard that will show you everything about a job at a glance. I am in this quite often for varying reason. There is a lot of information in a snapshot. I like that Jonas listens to the users and implements options that make sense. I also have a main go to person for customer service. He is amazing and listens. While he may not always agree, he will point out the reasons my solution will not work. Most of the time, he takes it to the team to further action. They have a great online search area. While there isn't a ton of people contributing, there are a good number that are consistent with good best practice advise (users like me).

Cons

Check writing with lien waivers is a bit cumbersome. I can't wait for lien waiver tracking to be automated. There are so many fields we use, but Jonas doesn't use them in any way. For example: email addresses are just there, it would be nice if you could email people directly using these fields (invoices and pay apps?) Adhoc reporting does need some help. I am used to being able to get to all the fields and I cannot always get to the field I need.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

The options were exactly what we were looking for. Cloud based, ease of use, customer focused company, one stop for most of our needs.

Scott from Pacific Management and Development

Projects run smoother with Jonas

Our company is small and Jonas Premier enables key players to have more focus on resolving problems in the field while keeping the office organized and current with contracts and bookkeeping thanks to the ease and efficiency of field data input.

Pros

Quickly generating Change Orders, POs for all projects and the ability for the software to handle RFIs, Submittals and Transmittals for US Government projects kept systems organized well. During the original set up, the tutorials and training were very well done.

Cons

Having an option for internal payroll through Jonas would be a helpful option.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

Everyone promises the world when you're shopping for a new product in construction. Jonas' low-key, informative confidence and on-line video tours were convincing.

John from Behal Sampson Dietz

BSD Review - 2 Months in - Estimating + Mangement Perspective

Pretty good so far. It took a while to get everyone in the company on board with new processes but that's to be expected. I think as time goes on, it's getting easier and everyone is seeing/realizing the benefits

Pros

So far, the individual approvals for invoices, subcontracts, COs are all really great and have already streamlined a lot of clunky process we had in the past. It's hard to evaluate job costing and budget management since we don't have a ton of historical data in there for jobs yet.

Cons

It's very difficult to get it to integrate with our current estimating software. We're in the process of changing over, so I know it's only temporary

Reasons for Switching to Premier

Too dated, no PM tracking, very difficult billing and job costing and budget management

Doug from GoodwinKnight

Premier - Great resource tool as well as accounting

Budgeting has been our biggest weakness. This is getting us back on track and exposing areas where we need to do a better job.

Pros

The budgeting and subcontract is something we need greatly. This tool is helping us get our budgets in line and mange our subcontracts better.

Cons

Did not like having to setup the journals. You had to set up General Journal, Sales and purchase. These are pretty standard so not sure why these need to be set up

Reasons for Switching to Premier

Not user friendly, couldn't get the information we needed out of the system.

Nicole from Heavy Insustries

Premier is AMAZING!

Jonas has a great implementation team, overall very impressed. A little more information on the implementation process would be helpful. The "muted" meetings could be listened to anywhere. The private 1:1 meetings should involve a group of employees in a large room. I wish I had known that part earlier on.

Pros

I love the Project manager dashboard. It makes it easy to click on hyperlinks to find all the details I need and to explain my needs to non- accountants. The price point is amazing, I was unable to find another ERP solution in the market at the price point I love that I can click on a number in the Income Statement Report and all the details are displayed Unlimited document storage is great! The workflows for approvals of AP, PO, and CO is very helpful too- no more paper!

Cons

The foreign exchange functionality could be improved, but at there is foreign exchange of any kind at this price point. I would like more help after implementation with making custom reports/ webinar on how to customize system. Its too busy during the implementation to work on customization I don't like forced password resets The mobile AP could use improvement, very slow when entering labor time hours

Reasons for Choosing Premier

FX module, Project Management and Accounting in a single software. Progress billing, potential of Cost plus billing.

Scott from SRD Builder, LLC

I've already commended Jonas to friends in the industry

Having some experience in the software implementation and client-support roles, competent and timely support is very important and can make or break the adoption of new technologies and processes. On all fronts (the technical, functional and even accounting principles) the support team is delightful to deal with. I get personal attention (that I try not to abuse!) and I never get the run-around. Each inquiry is met with personal interaction and complete ownership to resolution. "'dem Canadians have their ducks in a row!!"

Pros

This is a proper accounting system that encourages the disciplines that promotes scalability, completeness and consistency in operations. An outgrowth of that are the tools and processes that support the financial project management aspects including job cost tracking, reporting and billing. The controls around change orders, other modifications to the original contract, subcontractor compliances and a host of other facilities allow for professional and thorough handling of the real aspects of custom home building and large renovation projects.

Cons

Transaction-level automation... with time as a crucial element in a fast-paced environment, I would like to see feeds from our financial institutions so that manual re-keying is a thing of the past. I hear they are working on this, as I realize it is no small task and is very expensive to implement). In a mobile world, the IOS app should be included and be robust enough to get work done in the field ( I've never used it because we don't have a subscription to it).

Reasons for Choosing Premier

Power of Toolset, Room to Grow, Industry Accounting & Report Features, General Design, Flow & Flexibility, Solid middle-tier Pricing, Reputation for service and Accessibility & Security.

Reasons for Switching to Premier

We require robust cost accounting and customer billings and change order management.

Sommer from Kingdom Granite, LLC.

Jonas will take us to the next level!

We had a lot of redundancy with our current system and Jonas will provide a clean and clear electronic process for us. We wanted to bring as much as possible under one roof, and we wanted a clearer picture of job costing and future projections. We were also tired of relying on excel documents for so much information. Jonas is helping us solve all of these problems, as well as helping to get important info out of people's inboxes and into a system that everyone can access! It will also help us to reduce data entry errors and small mistakes with billing. Thank you Jonas for coming at just the right time in the life of our business. We feel confident that you'll take us to the next level!

Pros

1. Full service software Jonas is a full service software that includes original estimates, subcontract creation, change orders, progress billing, T&M billing, RFIs, data management, and much more. Everything is included under one roof so instead of having to bounce back and forth between multiple programs we can access almost everything we need in one place. 2. 6 weeks of amazing training! The training and implementation aspect of this software was excellent. The team is friendly, professional, helpful, and always willing to answer questions (and I asked a TON of questions) and help us figure out how to make Jonas work for our company. I really appreciated that they helped train us in best practices and showed us ways to improve upon our current processes. We loved having people to hold our hands and guide us through the process. 3. Organization I really love the flow of the software and how well it organizes our jobs in an easy to use system. It's quite robust and takes time to learn, but once we're up and running I know we will be so grateful to be able to perform so many operations with the click of a button. No more hunting down important info in emails, printed documents, or computer files. We'll be able to access so much information in a short amount of time.

Cons

Learning anything new takes time and effort. There was definitely a lot to learn but Jonas emails us all of the training videos so we can access them at any time and there's a ton of support once we Go Live. We're a small team, so it felt like a lot of work, but that's normal with any new software implementation. If you have a small amount of employees, you'll really need to manage your work hours well so you can continue running your business and handle all of the training and implementation. We did it, and you can too!

Michael from Maisons GEM

Integrated Project Management, Document Management, Accounting, and Job Forecasting Software

Pros

To prioritize the pros of this software as compared to the traditional out of the box type softwares in its category, I have to say the overwhelming advantage of Jonas is the people who handle your transition into the implementation of this software tool to your company or companies. I mean, who cares how extensive and exhaustive the features are if you don't have a personalized team to help you get up and running. I personally don't quite understand how they are able to offer this type of personalized customer service for each client. They learn your business and how to best organize it and even tailor the software to meet your needs. I've never experienced this before. They listen to what you need and then come back with modifications or a different approach to continually streamline your day to day operation. You are assigned a team from the beginning, actual human beings that you interact with on a first name basis. They are on top of things, and that's really comforting for someone who is a habitual procrastinator. They make your daily tasks a breeze with minimal effort. I like that it is an online application. I can access it from any device. Really handy when looking up stuff on a phone while I'm on site - a suppllier invoice, contract, plan, sketch, etc... The user interface is very simple, everything is right there on one screen and not buried under a hidden tree of drop-down menus. You can create your on short list of favorites on the fly. The document manager is like having your own unlimited DropBox portal but with the advantage that the search capabilities are infinitely more powerful and logical, as the software stores all of your documents that you upload, attach or link for you to find through multiple queries as opposed to DropBox where if you forget the name of the file, good luck finding it. Very handy in my business as a builder is the tracking of subcontractor compliances that can be set up to block payment or at least warn on payment of a sub if he's late on a particular compliance. This was a real problem before. Who has time to constantly check and harass these guys for compliances. Just don't pay them and see how quick they email you that compliance .

Cons

Only complaint is that the software initially seems to be more set up for sub-contractors rather than general contractors and developers. I also buy land and build independantly so the accounting is quite a bit different as I have to capitalize expenses and revenue at completion of projects and jobs if I want to maintain a positive cash flow. The consequence of this is that the customer service team has to re-adjust to first understand the very different accounting that I need to have in place and from that point make adjustments and tailor the software so it suits my needs.

Karen from Strategic Mechanical Marketing Inc.

Jonas Premier software review

For the owner of the company, the benefit of working with Jonas Premier is significant. The data I post translates to a comprehensive project overview for him to immediately know that projects are meeting budget and profitability targets. Understanding that and learning how to provide the information within Jonas Premier was a challenge initially but well worth the time invested to become proficient in the use of the software. Without the help of the support team at Jonas Premier, I'm not sure I'd be saying that - they are awesome!

Pros

Jonas is incredibly robust, especially for anyone in the construction industry. The multitude of project reports in Jonas Premier allows you to completely understand the profitability of projects (in real time and with the ability to drill down in problem areas) and to quickly make adjustments. When you're dealing with multi million dollar projects, the ability to pivot quickly is critical for ensuring you're meeting your anticipated profitability. The support team at Jonas is amazing! Whenever I'd encounter a process that I wasn't familiar with or something didn't seem to be working the way I anticipated, they were quick to provide information and support documentation that would help me to better understand.

Cons

Jonas as more of a learning curve than I'd anticipated. While it follows all accounting principles, usability is not quite as easy as Quickbooks - nor should it be, as Jonas has far more features for project management! But once I had worked with the software for a couple of months and understood the processes for dealing with changes in distribution or reversing journal entries, everything made far more sense. I now consider myself fairly fluent in Jonas Premier and prefer working in it over other accounting programs I've used.

Jessica from SiTESPAN, LLC

Love it!

The representatives at Jonas are excellent. Very knowledgeable, patient and responsive. We have had a great experience.

Pros

We really love the ability to automate several functions of the project management duties. Before, we were keeping a variety of spreadsheets updated manually to track certain functions, sometimes touching the same information multiple times. Now, we input the data into Premier once, and we're able to report on the financial data, for example, multiple ways with just a few clicks.

Cons

We'd like to see them enhance their accounting system specialties, such as partnering with a payroll processing company and an employee expense tracking solution (such as Concur) to streamline both payroll and tracking of credit card expenses. Having these functions automated as part of the Premier package would really help out!

Reasons for Choosing Premier

Price and responsiveness to our initial inquiry.

Reasons for Switching to Premier

We were looking for a system that could handle both 1) our accounting and 2) our project management operations conclusively and simulatenously.

Terri from 1784 Capital Holdings

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Learning as we go, current training client loves what we have seen so far!

Everyone at Jonas has been very professional, friendly, helpful and seem to genuinely want our conversion to be a success. They have been very accommodating with my schedule and the need to reschedule appointments or take things out of order, based on work load. Everyone is incredibly responsive and I couldn't be happier with our training to date.

Pros

We are currently in the training phase and are about half way through. I love that during training we have live webinars with the trainers and are able to ask questions and follow along in our test environment. Trainers are very knowledgeable and patient and the webinars are designed to be easy to follow along! The provided recordings of the webinars are a big help in going back and working in the test environment on your own afterwards. The webinars are followed up by one on one calls to discuss your company's specific needs and to dig deeper into specific areas; these sessions have been incredibly helpful and I highly recommend taking advantage of them. Coming from an environment that has done all of its project management manually, this is a huge conversion for us and based on everything we are experiencing during training, we made the right decision to go with Jonas!

Cons

So far in training, there isn't anything I don't like about the software, as we are still digging in and learning our way. Some modules are easier to follow along than others, although I think that has a lot to do with personal preference (I enjoy the PM training sessions much more than the accounting). I think for me my biggest frustration with the training is the scheduling of the webinars. As the person leading the conversion, but also having to accomplish my regular work on a daily basis, two back to back hours of webinars twice a week is sometimes difficult to manage and I find myself having to skip or leave early at times. If i could change anything it would be maybe to have a morning and afternoon session instead of back to back.

Rex from Abstract Construction Inc.

Overall Good Software

Our invoice approval process as well as our payment approvals have become effectively paperless, which I would say greatly improves productivity. The support team is very responsive and transparent, for which I am very grateful.

Pros

Sorting features and column order customization. Document uploads for invoices and journal entries are also a huge plus. I think the internal approval process is a massive improvement to physical alternatives.

Cons

Frequent errors and calculation inconsistencies (specifically with rounding amounts)

Barbara from Brighten Up Painting

Great Customer Service and Software

We are extremely happy with Jonas Premier! The customer service is outstanding and our rep always goes above and beyond when we have questions. Although we do not fit into the standard general contractor box, Jonas has shown us that it can be utilized to fit our business needs. ​

Pros

We enjoy the scalability and functionality of Jonas. As a small business, it allows us to function at a much larger scale with less woman-power. Previous to using Jonas, we were doing most business functions manually, such as AP, AR, and Subcontracts. In the last year, we have been able to integrate these processes into Jonas which has improved workflow tremendously! We love the reporting options we have and how we can get real-time​ information without having to search through a bunch of emails and hard files. The release of the Sub Pay App has been heaven sent for us! It has eliminated all confusion on contract amounts, approved change orders, and our subcontractors submitting various different invoice formats at various different times in the month. Our subs find the process easy to use and our admins get all the information they need with one click. ​

Cons

We have noticed in working in certain areas that even after saving and refreshing the tabs, we will have to completely log out and log back in to see changes. It is also very difficult to correct/delete certain things after they have been processed. We understand this is to protect the integrity of our data, however,​ there have been times when we would have liked to override/remove items for our own ease of use. ​

Andrea from McGuire Contractors, Inc.

Jonas Premier has been an exceptional software to work with here at McGuire and consistently continues to get faster, more detailed, and user friendly on a monthly basis!

McGuire has been a customer with Jonas for over 2 years and we have been extremely happy with the continued upgrades, support, and top notch software they provide at an affordable price. Looking forward to future enhancements and having the opportunity to meet not only your staff, but other customers at your upcoming convention!

Pros

Speed, versatility, customer support, and friendly staff. When work/construction was scarce for our company, you took the time to help us come up with a payment plan. The reporting is amazing! You have made a lot of changes in regards to being “user friendly” AKA the ability to delete. Keep this going! Pending AP Invoice Report is also a great addition. I am grateful for your monthly webinars followed by the taped session to refer back to. Dashboard is fresh…love it!

Cons

On reporting such as the financial statement report we see -#’s different then we are accustom to. When the number is negative it shows in positive and when positive it shows in negative (with bracket). Can that be reversed? Since the new update I have posted some items and they don’t show up on other tabs unless I logout and back in (even after refresh) this has happened 3 times. When a change order is rejected its unable to be modified. I would like more opportunity to drill down into reports.

Tricia from BEC Construction Inc

Jonas Premier Review

We can now create percentage of completion reports instead of using excel spreadsheets. The reports are a great tool for project managers.

Pros

1) The software is very user-friendly, the upgrades are very useful and the support is good. 2) Cloud Based - can be accessed from any where. 3) The development team does listen to recommendations for software use and tries to develop and implement those suggestions.

Cons

1) We had a very difficult startup and implementation period. Our recommendation would be to someone looking into the software - Once you go through the group training, there should be one on one training to custom the software to the individual organization's needs. We were rushed through the training and right into one-on-one. We did not have enough time to convert the information from our old system in order to know what questions to ask. 2 ) We have issues with the software rounding, so reports and invoices are out of balance by pennies. 3 ) Could not use the mobile app - The APP does not work for Daily Reports

Reasons for Choosing Premier

We were told the software could do cost plus billing and had an app for Project Management - which turned out to be not true. We are just now getting cost plus billing after being with Premier for 23 months.

The software could not accommodate RFI's and cumbersome with Subcontracts

Joel from Advantage Building Solutions

Great software with easy to use interface

Really great software that has allowed our accounting and PM teams to communicate and collaborate easier. Previously, i felt that both teams had their own "language". This program helps bridge that gap. Also during the COVID crisis, software was immensely helpful in allowing us to work from home.

Pros

- Ease of Use - Modern UI (i hated some software that looked like it was an updated DOS. This software has an almost gmail-life feel). - good integration between accounting and pm tasks and responsibilities - very good customer support. they are very responsive to our questions, and very open to suggestions. - Ideas portal: separate software support & feedback where software developers actually listen to users and may incorporate our ideas into the next software update

Cons

- customer support time zone. software is located on North America eastern coast, so for me in california, there's only a 4 hour window or so when you can real-time discuss (via zoom, phone, etc). - some accounting features not as strong as QB. (this is a good/bad kinda issue). bad in that one doesn't have the flexibility to make changes like one would in QB, but good in that it actually forces you to be more GAAP minded - could use more out of the box accounting reports; and or report customatization (similar to QB)

Reasons for Choosing Premier

- user interface just looked so much better (less intimidating, more user friendly, organized as a modern software should be).

Earl from Fair Trade Works

A solidly built platform

Overall, we are very happy with the service and support we receive from Jonas. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing in helping us out in our times of need and we are forever grateful for him and the entire support team.

Pros

The software is web based which makes set up/maintenance a breeze. It's intuitive and flexible which makes day to day tasks much easier. We reviewed multiple options, but Jonas was the one best suited to our needs.

Cons

Reports. The boxed reports are great, but don't always provide what we need so we build a lot of custom reports with the Excel-Add-In. The issue with that is that not all the fields in the database are available in the data downloads which often results in having to link several sheets in order to get the information we require.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

From the 3-4 options that we evaluated, Jonas was the option that provided what we needed within our budget. Other packages had a lot of features we didn't need, but there wasn't an option to purchase without them. Jonas also provided assistance with the transition, and continues to support us to this day.

John from McCollough Scholten Construction, Inc.

Great experience

Although we are not a huge company, we have found that this software can be run with just one person. It doesn't necessarily take a whole team of people to keep up with the day to day accounting or project management operations. On our previous software, I had little time to do anything but accounting work; but with Premier, I now have time to get out of the office and quote work, while still keeping up with my accounting role.

Pros

Jonas Premier has surpassed our expectations. Premier has reduced the overall time we spend on accounting procedures every month, allowing us to focus more of our attention on our customers needs, estimating, and selling jobs. There are many reports to make sure we stay on top of our AP and AR. Although we haven't started to use the Subcontract portion of the software yet, we are hopeful that it will streamline our subcontract agreement process. The Accounts Payable section is extremely easy to use, and with the Jonas Premier add-in for Excel, entering new information is a breeze.

Cons

There are still a few small things that need to be worked out, mostly ease of use features. Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to remember to post your work; for example, we pay bi-weekly, timecards must be posted each week, and then again at the end of the pay period. So, for a two week time period, I have entered and posted timecards on two occasions, but then after the second week is posted, you have to post the whole payroll period in a separate location.

Phillip from Reach Construction Group

Industry: Renewables & Environment

The Best Project and Financial Management on the Market

We use Jonas Premier extensively to manage all of our Solar EPC and Solar Construction projects. We use it to manage all aspects of the project (people, schedule and cost). Features like the dashboard provide management with a quick tool to see the status of a project, and also provides the ability to dig down into the numbers to see what is impacting the project.

Pros

The fact that it was capable of managing both project and financial data in one platform, but was still robust enough for even a large organization. Premier has the ability to cover about 90% of all project management needs, and they are already working on the other 20%, which would cover the proposal process. The financial management is as robust as any major system on the market.

Cons

The only thing that I did not like was the inability to support the proposal life cycle. However, I believe they are already working on adding this feature.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

Jonas Premier provided the most complete solution and was a lot easier to use than the other platforms

Reasons for Switching to Premier

Red Team only provide project management and used Quickbooks as it's financial platform. We were too big to continue to use Quickbooks as our financial management platform.

Dani from Hendel Construction

Accounting / Reporting Review

We have really enjoyed starting to work in the Premier software. It has been helpful in realizing lots of efficiencies in reporting WIP and submitting monthly draw requests on time.

Pros

Onboard training was excellent. Support for questions or issues after implementation is excellent. Web-based software so employees and owners can view and add information from where ever they are working. Plus backup is current and ME rollover is smooth and doesn't require lots of processing to accomplish. Lots of reporting options and owners find the information easy to locate and readily available for review as needed. Very intuitive to use once for day to day activities.

Cons

Lien waivers need improvement - difficult to use. Premier is in the process of updating this feature and we are excited for that to be rolled out.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

Quickbooks was not a robust enough program to track and report on the job progress information that our owners and project managers need.

Reasons for Switching to Premier

We wanted a web-based program to allow for owners and employees to review and add information from wherever they were working. Owners wanted a better software for reporting - especially on job performance markers. Premier has made reporting information easy to find and to filter down to specifics.

Tammy from Tyler Development Corp

Premier is Amazing!

As we are getting further along with the set up of Premier with our information, we are continually impressed with all the software offers. The Premier Team has truly been patient and accomodating to our needs, and that is a huge plus for Tyler Development. We are so appreciative to all the help [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team have provided, and continue to provide.

Pros

1 - The Premier Team is absolutely top notch and amazing! We had some pretty strong requests with getting the software to match our needs, and this team has always come through! 2 - The integrationof the software is great! Coming from an antiquated system along with EXCEL, we were due for a system with all the information in one place. During the training process, seeing how it works was impressive, however, seeing our own information in Premier, and the ease of pulling up needed info has been even more impressive! Solely due to our busy schedule, we are still in the process of uploading all the information, and we are excited to see how Premier will continue to impress our whole team. I do have to say, my team was a bit intimidated when watching the webinars and seeing the system in action, but now, just uploading the information and being active in Premier, hands on, it is much less intimidating than we thought! Having the Premier Team available to answer questions is a plus!

Cons

I haven't found anything at this point.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

Jonas Premier showed more integration than Viewpoint, even though the conversion would have beeneasier due to American Contractor being their product.

Reasons for Switching to Premier

Viewpoint was no longer going to be supporting this product.

Devorah from One70 Group

Best Construction Accounting Software!!!

Pros

This software is the first of its kind to give us real time financial information on our projects and company as a whole. The Job Dashboard and Job Forecast screens are everyone's favorite. It shows you everything you need to know on the financial health of your project/budget at any given time and you can drill down into pretty much anything for more detail. Commitments and compliances are easily trackable and things like double entries are avoidable because payments are done directly out of the software. Premier's customer support is extremely responsive, helpful and knowledgeable and always offers solutions on how to best customize the software for our company's unique goals and objectives.

Cons

The software is not the easiest on the eyes and initially intimidates our project managers because it really looks and behaves like an accounting software. However, once the Project Managers learn the true capabilities of Premier, they are truly blown away. Would also be an added bonus if the software had more project management tools that are not related to the finances of the project.

Reasons for Switching to Premier

Having our accounting software and project management software all in one is a no brainer!

Nikola from CentreCourt Developments

Strong Customer Support and Workflow Approval Capabilities

I would recommend this software to other companies in the real estate sector. While the software has some weaknesses, their team is constantly working on adding new features to improve the user experience and efficiency. Also, customer support at Jonas is very strong and their team is usually very responsive and is there to make sure your transition goes successfully.

Pros

The software has very robust workflow routing capabilities and can help companies transition to a paperless workflow approval process. Controls within Jonas are strong and there is a lot of ability to customize what each of the users can and cannot do in the system. The implementation team is very helpful and responsive to questions/concerns. They work hard to address issues encountered and have helped to ensure that the transition process goes smoothly as possible.

Cons

The software is mainly geared to sub-contractors and not real estate developers. As such, Jonas currently lacks some capabilities which cater to developers (e.g. currently the Change Order report only looks at changes from the revenue perspective as opposed to the cost perspective). However, Jonas is working on addressing these issues. Navigation within the system can be improved to increase efficiencies (e.g. being able to select multiple invoices within a batch to approve as opposed to doing one by one if you don't want to approve the whole batch, or not being constantly asked whether you want to save changes while you're still scrolling within the same module). Also, sometimes there are bugs in the system (e.g. not reflecting the changes that were made) but most of these can be resolved quickly by logging in and out of the system.

Yitz from Greatwise Developments

Customer Service

Pros

I like most about Jonas Premier is that they are always developing new improvements and are always working with their clients to make sure they get the most out of the software with fast response to questions and willingness to set up 30+ minute meetings with a specialist to address any concerns at no cost.

Cons

Adding a feature to notify internal mangers of pending approvals would be a great benefit.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

Cost and they were the most willing to assist with making the software work and did not have a cost for every call to them.

Hesam from Milori Community Development

Great Product by a Greater Team

The staff have been excellent in providing ongoing support.

Pros

The integration of the project management and accounting modules.

Cons

The Mobile app needs improvement specially for the site staff.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

The alternative was too complex to implement. Training was insufficient.

Grew out of it.

David from Binaa Construction

Robust Program

My AR and AP experience has been turned in to a good, logical, and easy to understand one.

Pros

I especially like that there seems to be a function for everything I could imagine or want. Most of it I haven't begun to use yet but slowly I am learning more of it. The Premier help team is critically important in helping me learn the skills I want and need when I want them. I also really like how Premier won't allow information to be entered without all the required information. Makes it very easy to not miss critical details.

Cons

I found the learning curve steep, especially with respect to how the program "thinks". The trickiest part was understanding how information flows through the system.

New company

Tyler from Engelke Construction LLC

Jonas Review

Our overall experience with Jonas has been very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our account manager is the best! He is always there to answer questions and fix things in a timely manner when we need him to. Overtime we have gotten better at using the software and I also believe that Jonas has made some major improvements since we began using the software 5 years ago.

Pros

Here at Engelke, we really value the amount of time that Jonas saves us. After we began to use Jonas, it eliminated the need for robust paperwork and other timely tasks. We use the software on a daily basis and really find that it not only saves a lot of time but also gives you very valuable data to be able to reference back to.

Cons

Not everything always works the way we need it to or think it should. There are some things that we wish it could do that it does not currently do.

Reasons for Choosing Premier

Had both the accounting aspect as well as the project management aspect.

Nick from Claybar Contracting Inc.

excellent.

Pros

Ease of use, drill down capabilities, reports and Dashboard.

Cons

sluggish when dealing with large amounts of data.

Better product.

Reasons for Switching to Premier

Cloud computing - no longer wanted to host my own accounting system.

March 2015

Alex from MAX Construction, Inc.

March 2015

Jonas Newbie

Pros

So far, the product has been easy to maneuver and understand. When I purchased Jonas a competitor asked why Jonas? Here is my response: "I liked the fact that I don’t buy modules. I buy a complete package that is updated regularly and I get those updates. All apps are part of the package. This enlarges our use of licenses. Since Jonas is Microsoft based, we use our existing estimating system and it will populate the Jonas system. One less group to train. I am locked into unlimited training at a defined cost. The system is cloud based not cloud stored. Access is anytime as a result. I was able to define my cost exposure 100%. That was a tremendous comfort zone. I know what my yearly cost exposure potential is limited to. I hope that helps as I wanted a solid comfort with the system I chose. In all cases Jonas seemed to best fit our needs." Response from competitor: "Thank you for your candor. All good reasons, especially pertaining to the “good fit” statement. I wish you and Max Construction all the best in the coming years and hope I get to hear how everything goes at some point in the future. It has been a pleasure working with you."

Cons

I do not have any dislikes at this time. Jonas has shared new products coming on line and I am truly excited about the whole thing.

Micah from Highlander Design + Build

Jonas Premier consistently exceeds my expectations.

I've used several Job Cost Accounting software packages, from SAGE 100, SAGE 300, and ProContractor. Jonas Premier is by far my preferred package. I'm telling you, their support team and development team is amazing!

Pros

This product is easy to use and there is not a steep learning curve. The development team is AMAZING! They are generally interested in what features could be improved or introduced to make your workflow easier. The fact that the program is 100% Cloud Based makes things so much easier for us. Also, it is very easy to modify reports and forms as much as you want.. You don't have to use some awkward reporting engine, you can use Word and Excel to modify reports and get data in/out of the system with ease.

Cons

I can't think of much - maybe that their office is in Canada and not across the hall or next door???

Nathan from Great Plains Structures, LLC

Perfect Construction Accounting Solution for Small Contractor

More time you take to set this product up correctly, the more it will benefit you in the end... Take your time and get it set up right!

Pros

Jonas Premier has a very user friendly interface, and allows for more customization than a product like QuickBooks or Sage 100 for a small contractor. Most software packages in the cloud don't allow for easy integration with Microsoft products, however, Jonas Premier does an excellent job of allowing for quick data entry via uploads (something QuickBooks specifically doesn't allow out of the box). Getting up and running with the software was easy and enjoyable through the webinars hosted by customer support.

Cons

Seems like this product needs some work in reporting. The whole software interface is nice and crisp and looks up to date using current technology, but the reporting mechanism seems like it's a little archaic. That said, you can get a lot of data easily (and quicker) through Excel, and if you are handy with Excel, reports are easily made.

Ty from LDC Construction LLC

Keeps getting better

We've been with Jonas Premier for four years now. During that time my experience has been very positive. When there are bugs, issues, or questions that arise, the support team is very responsive and helpful. The leadership team is very connected with the needs of their customers; they care about what their clients want and need and their development team delivers. The software has grown and matured nicely. The most recent version is a significant enhancement that has been in the works for a while now, but it was well worth the wait. I like the software....I love the company. Premier has been a valuable partner to us.

Pros

The newly released Premier is very responsive; crisp and quick, with drill down capability throughout. We have yet to fully use the capabilities of the software.

Cons

Although all of the data is accessible via Odata and can be formatted and reported in unlimited ways, I'd like a few additional canned reports.

Mario from Basekamp Construction

A President's Perspective

Pros

I like the job dashboard, and was surprised to learn I can create a company budget which will be really useful for corporate to prepare and compare against budgets without having to utilize the project modules

Cons

The program really needs a report to summarize revenue by client and the number of projects or even number of transactions. I would really like to see year over year, revenue by client, what the average revenue is per project and how many projects or transactions happen. Is this an active client, a big one with lot's of little jobs or a few big ones, etc. The same could apply for vendors. Employee reports could be improved. It is difficult to quickly see rolled up time for an employee or series of employee per projects with hour and dollar value totals. Project labour reports could be improved with getting total hours without having to export to excell

Stephanie from Windmill Development Group Ltd.

Taking Our Financial Reporting to the Next Level

Pros

The ability to drill down to trace transactions. How it is intuitive to project managers to manage their budgets and cost controls seamlessly with the accounting team.

Cons

I really wish that there was a notification function as it relates to new AP and POs to be approved.

Price and functionality

Reasons for Switching to Premier

No longer in need of a property management module. This software was the only one that was all inclusive of property management and construction management.

Marlon from Reach Construction Group

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Awesome Product

Very Positive

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use with nice features

Cons

The Excel Add-In doesn't currently have all of the SQL tables available so it is sometimes hard to get to some of the data without doing Excel dumps directly from out of the application

Reasons for Switching to Premier

System was not robust enough for a growing company's needs.

Chunrong from Distrikt Developments Corp

Smooth/excellent TRANSITION with help of the JONAS implementation team

Pros

The different models are excellent to meet the accounting requirements for contractor, construction and development companies. I especially like the excel uploading/downloading function which saved us a lot time! And compared with other softwares I implemented, the function to transfer beginning balance is an easy work now. The job costing model, the PO model and the Subcontract model are excellent and enable us to provide any reports that the projects team would request.

Cons

I strongly suggest JONAS improve the customized report function. This function on the in-house version is perfect and hope the cloud version can do the same.

Bo from Basekamp Construction Corp.

Jonas Premier

Pros

Cost Transparency Cost Tracking Organization

Cons

Training - in person training would be better than the webinars

Reasons for Choosing Premier

We felt that Premier was most suitable for our growing company. User-friendliness, visual display, etc..

Reasons for Switching to Premier

Preparing for when we are a larger company

Travis from Razor Construction

Modern, Integrated and Fast

Through its use of customizable forms and general architecture, Premier eliminated a lot of duplicate or manual work for us.

Pros

It's tailored to construction accounting and in that way is quite intuitive to use. At a performance level, it's fast on the Web and the various ways it shares and references data internally makes workflows quite speedy. It's also regularly updated with new features and they share their roadmap and vision going forward.

Cons

While technically OS agnostic, it's not platform agnostic or mobile friendly as it requires the Chrome browser and it's not formatted for small screens. I'm not trying to do my full AP workflow on an iPhone, but I can't look up an invoice for reference or get a vendor contact out of the system in an easy way on mobile.

Stephanie from BP

Great Software - Ongoing support

Great!

Pros

I like that it's an all-in-one accounting and project management software, making information collected via data management, AR/AP, and PM integrated and centralized. They also provide excellent onboarding and ongoing customer support. I'm new to construction as well as to bookkeeping and their team has had endless amount of patience and for my equally endless number of questions. No problem is too big, small, or ridiculous for them to tackle.

Cons

I made the somewhat unfortunate decision to request a Macbook instead of a PC for work. While the add-ons are mainly used only in the setup portion, the only thing that isn't ideal is that some of the MS Office Applications Add-Ons do not work with the applications for MS Office for Mac. The team, however, is super great about making the necessary adjustments on their computers so that it's not remotely the end of the world.

Andrea from Engage Contracting

Jonas Premier

Pros

Jonas Premier really does a good job integrating all facets of the accounting and project management sides of managing your construction projects and presents it in a clean, intuitive cloud-based software. The training process, though extensive, truly is great and individualized so that you can tailor the software to your needs. The one-on-one experiences with the support staff is great and they really do listen and actively address any questions or concerns that arise. In terms of how it streamlines our management and accounting process, I couldn't be happier. We get more done by doing less, with less opportunities for errors and greater opportunities for managing costs appropriately. I'm excited for how this software makes us a more marketable and efficient company overall.

Cons

Training is a bit time-intensive; but on the flip side of that I really do believe their training is great in that they really do want to make sure you know what you are doing before you "go live" in their software. One perk of Premier is that most of their costs are paid all upfront; however we were a bit blindsided with some recurring costs that we thought were included (i.e., mobile app use, sub pay app, etc).

Julie from Xpera Group

For my role/responsibilities, I have nearly all that I need

Pros

The system is pretty user friendly and I can access everything I need to do my role within the company.

Cons

I wish I was able to run more reports straight from Jonas vs having to use Excel Add-In. I don't like that the newest version of the Aged Receivable Report where the Job # and Job name are combined together in one field. This makes it difficult to sort/combine reports in Excel. Also, on the AR Customer Deposits Report, I wish there was an option to check so that it wouldn't include the lines with a 0.00 remaining balance.

Alicia from Blackstone Industrial Field Services

Jonas Premier - Client 118047

Jonas Premier is great to supply notifications or warning to prevent a job from going over budget. It has stream lined our purchase order and subcontract process and well as linking all documentations if something would need to be audited.

Pros

The like the Job Dashboard very much. It gives you a quick view of your job to see the progress and status of each stage. Also I really like the Estimate upload feature because it makes creating subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders with a simple click of few buttons. Also the AIA Progress Billing process and T&M Billing process is very easy. Again with a click of a few buttons the AIAs and AR invoices are created with all supporting documentation attached and tied back to subcontracts or purchase orders. Also if AP or AR invoices need to be reverse the process is very simple again with the click of a few buttons.

Cons

I found the company logo upload was not as easy and it should have been. There is no way to really edit the existing company logo. Also the check formatting has been a challenge getting it to line up correctly. So over all the forms creation is very time consuming and not an easy as it should be. Also setting up role security for users is not as simple.

Sergio from PARPAL

Outstanding Product with great customer service

Jonas delivered, I would recommend Jonas to anyone interested in an accounting system integrated with project controls for a construction company.

Pros

The level of customization and the fact that it is online-based with powerful capabilities.

Cons

The implementation took longer than I expected, in part because I underestimated the effort required to do it.

Reasons for Switching to Premier

we outgrew the capabilities.