All Premier Reviews

November 2022

Prime Construction Software

On the whole, you can do interesting things with premier

Pros

For construction projects, Premier is what you need, with features like accounting management, custom report editing

Cons

Adaptation can be challenging if you are not familliar.

Scott

I've already commended Jonas to friends in the industry

Having some experience in the software implementation and client-support roles, competent and timely support is very important and can make or break the adoption of new technologies and processes. On all fronts (the technical, functional and even accounting principles) the support team is delightful to deal with. I get personal attention (that I try not to abuse!) and I never get the run-around. Each inquiry is met with personal interaction and complete ownership to resolution. "'dem Canadians have their ducks in a row!!"

Pros

This is a proper accounting system that encourages the disciplines that promotes scalability, completeness and consistency in operations. An outgrowth of that are the tools and processes that support the financial project management aspects including job cost tracking, reporting and billing. The controls around change orders, other modifications to the original contract, subcontractor compliances and a host of other facilities allow for professional and thorough handling of the real aspects of custom home building and large renovation projects.

Cons

Transaction-level automation... with time as a crucial element in a fast-paced environment, I would like to see feeds from our financial institutions so that manual re-keying is a thing of the past. I hear they are working on this, as I realize it is no small task and is very expensive to implement). In a mobile world, the IOS app should be included and be robust enough to get work done in the field ( I've never used it because we don't have a subscription to it).

Reasons for choosing Premier

Power of Toolset, Room to Grow, Industry Accounting & Report Features, General Design, Flow & Flexibility, Solid middle-tier Pricing, Reputation for service and Accessibility & Security.

Reasons for switching to Premier

We require robust cost accounting and customer billings and change order management.

Robert

Mixed feelings

Pros

Jonas offers a lot for the costs to use this programme, however its low cost compared to other programs does mean that it lacks some of the features of larger companies like Jobpac. Its an affordable alternative to these companies and will do all you need it to for accounts AP and AR.

Cons

Lacks the usability of project management modules, this needs improving to become a better product that project teams can use well.

Lori

October 2022

Simplified Construction Software for GC's

Our trainer truly took the time to understand our business and individual requirements for each of our PMs & Accountants. We are a very detailed organization, and he was able to ask the right questions and get into the details that matter. Coming from AccuBuild – it was difficult to process CORs and link them to the subcontract. In Premier, everything is so automated!! It provides great visibility in your profitability and makes it easy for project managers & estimators to drill down into information real-time. Having this transparency is important to help us make more informed decisions. Best of all, it’s easy to use – even the PMs & Senior estimators love it and have adopted it. This is one solution that makes it easy to better manage your people and projects.

Pros

Cons

At this moment there isn't any thing we feel is missing from the software.

Judy

Love Jonas

My goal with Jonas was to implement a software that would take us into the future and allow some automation. The time savings I have seen has been incredible. It has allowed us to stay steady with the accounting staff we have with little to no overtime! The staff has been great and at times extremely patient with us.

Pros

It is easy to get around the software. It is great to store all documents in one area. The drill down capabilities make it easy to get to documents without having to do dig for paper in a file. The financial reports are amazing. There are so many options it is great. You can make your own, but the canned solutions make month end reporting a snap. There is a job dashboard that will show you everything about a job at a glance. I am in this quite often for varying reason. There is a lot of information in a snapshot. I like that Jonas listens to the users and implements options that make sense. I also have a main go to person for customer service. He is amazing and listens. While he may not always agree, he will point out the reasons my solution will not work. Most of the time, he takes it to the team to further action. They have a great online search area. While there isn't a ton of people contributing, there are a good number that are consistent with good best practice advise (users like me).

Cons

Check writing with lien waivers is a bit cumbersome. I can't wait for lien waiver tracking to be automated. There are so many fields we use, but Jonas doesn't use them in any way. For example: email addresses are just there, it would be nice if you could email people directly using these fields (invoices and pay apps?) Adhoc reporting does need some help. I am used to being able to get to all the fields and I cannot always get to the field I need.

Reasons for choosing Premier

The options were exactly what we were looking for. Cloud based, ease of use, customer focused company, one stop for most of our needs.

Jessica

Love it!

The representatives at Jonas are excellent. Very knowledgeable, patient and responsive. We have had a great experience.

Pros

We really love the ability to automate several functions of the project management duties. Before, we were keeping a variety of spreadsheets updated manually to track certain functions, sometimes touching the same information multiple times. Now, we input the data into Premier once, and we're able to report on the financial data, for example, multiple ways with just a few clicks.

Cons

We'd like to see them enhance their accounting system specialties, such as partnering with a payroll processing company and an employee expense tracking solution (such as Concur) to streamline both payroll and tracking of credit card expenses. Having these functions automated as part of the Premier package would really help out!

Reasons for choosing Premier

Price and responsiveness to our initial inquiry.

Reasons for switching to Premier

We were looking for a system that could handle both 1) our accounting and 2) our project management operations conclusively and simulatenously.

Scott

Projects run smoother with Jonas

Our company is small and Jonas Premier enables key players to have more focus on resolving problems in the field while keeping the office organized and current with contracts and bookkeeping thanks to the ease and efficiency of field data input.

Pros

Quickly generating Change Orders, POs for all projects and the ability for the software to handle RFIs, Submittals and Transmittals for US Government projects kept systems organized well. During the original set up, the tutorials and training were very well done.

Cons

Having an option for internal payroll through Jonas would be a helpful option.

Reasons for choosing Premier

Everyone promises the world when you're shopping for a new product in construction. Jonas' low-key, informative confidence and on-line video tours were convincing.

Yitz

Customer Service

Pros

I like most about Jonas Premier is that they are always developing new improvements and are always working with their clients to make sure they get the most out of the software with fast response to questions and willingness to set up 30+ minute meetings with a specialist to address any concerns at no cost.

Cons

Adding a feature to notify internal mangers of pending approvals would be a great benefit.

Reasons for choosing Premier

Cost and they were the most willing to assist with making the software work and did not have a cost for every call to them.

Nick

excellent.

Pros

Ease of use, drill down capabilities, reports and Dashboard.

Cons

sluggish when dealing with large amounts of data.

Better product.

Reasons for switching to Premier

Cloud computing - no longer wanted to host my own accounting system.

Imelda

Transitioning to Jonas Premier

Excellent customer service and very organize in the implementation process. The web training and 1:1 meetings are great tool in learning the software. Once live the team elevate meeting is perfect, continued support for actual data entry and use of the modules accordingly.

Pros

All modules are very user friendly, easy to navigate, the quick search feature works great and customized forms are very handy. Saves a lot of time in uploading data by using the template, history upload and setup. The job dashboard is excellent tool in project management. Timely response from the implementation team is added bonus what makes Premier a very good software , construction or corporate/owner companies.

Cons

Need improvement/enhancement email notification for invoices approval.

Reasons for switching to Premier

Sage 300 can no longer meet the company's need and we need updated cloud base software.

Sommer

Jonas will take us to the next level!

We had a lot of redundancy with our current system and Jonas will provide a clean and clear electronic process for us. We wanted to bring as much as possible under one roof, and we wanted a clearer picture of job costing and future projections. We were also tired of relying on excel documents for so much information. Jonas is helping us solve all of these problems, as well as helping to get important info out of people's inboxes and into a system that everyone can access! It will also help us to reduce data entry errors and small mistakes with billing. Thank you Jonas for coming at just the right time in the life of our business. We feel confident that you'll take us to the next level!

Pros

1. Full service software Jonas is a full service software that includes original estimates, subcontract creation, change orders, progress billing, T&M billing, RFIs, data management, and much more. Everything is included under one roof so instead of having to bounce back and forth between multiple programs we can access almost everything we need in one place. 2. 6 weeks of amazing training! The training and implementation aspect of this software was excellent. The team is friendly, professional, helpful, and always willing to answer questions (and I asked a TON of questions) and help us figure out how to make Jonas work for our company. I really appreciated that they helped train us in best practices and showed us ways to improve upon our current processes. We loved having people to hold our hands and guide us through the process. 3. Organization I really love the flow of the software and how well it organizes our jobs in an easy to use system. It's quite robust and takes time to learn, but once we're up and running I know we will be so grateful to be able to perform so many operations with the click of a button. No more hunting down important info in emails, printed documents, or computer files. We'll be able to access so much information in a short amount of time.

Cons

Learning anything new takes time and effort. There was definitely a lot to learn but Jonas emails us all of the training videos so we can access them at any time and there's a ton of support once we Go Live. We're a small team, so it felt like a lot of work, but that's normal with any new software implementation. If you have a small amount of employees, you'll really need to manage your work hours well so you can continue running your business and handle all of the training and implementation. We did it, and you can too!

Integrated Project Management, Document Management, Accounting, and Job Forecasting Software

Pros

To prioritize the pros of this software as compared to the traditional out of the box type softwares in its category, I have to say the overwhelming advantage of Jonas is the people who handle your transition into the implementation of this software tool to your company or companies. I mean, who cares how extensive and exhaustive the features are if you don't have a personalized team to help you get up and running. I personally don't quite understand how they are able to offer this type of personalized customer service for each client. They learn your business and how to best organize it and even tailor the software to meet your needs. I've never experienced this before. They listen to what you need and then come back with modifications or a different approach to continually streamline your day to day operation. You are assigned a team from the beginning, actual human beings that you interact with on a first name basis. They are on top of things, and that's really comforting for someone who is a habitual procrastinator. They make your daily tasks a breeze with minimal effort. I like that it is an online application. I can access it from any device. Really handy when looking up stuff on a phone while I'm on site - a suppllier invoice, contract, plan, sketch, etc... The user interface is very simple, everything is right there on one screen and not buried under a hidden tree of drop-down menus. You can create your on short list of favorites on the fly. The document manager is like having your own unlimited DropBox portal but with the advantage that the search capabilities are infinitely more powerful and logical, as the software stores all of your documents that you upload, attach or link for you to find through multiple queries as opposed to DropBox where if you forget the name of the file, good luck finding it. Very handy in my business as a builder is the tracking of subcontractor compliances that can be set up to block payment or at least warn on payment of a sub if he's late on a particular compliance. This was a real problem before. Who has time to constantly check and harass these guys for compliances. Just don't pay them and see how quick they email you that compliance .

Cons

Only complaint is that the software initially seems to be more set up for sub-contractors rather than general contractors and developers. I also buy land and build independantly so the accounting is quite a bit different as I have to capitalize expenses and revenue at completion of projects and jobs if I want to maintain a positive cash flow. The consequence of this is that the customer service team has to re-adjust to first understand the very different accounting that I need to have in place and from that point make adjustments and tailor the software so it suits my needs.

Rex

Overall Good Software

Our invoice approval process as well as our payment approvals have become effectively paperless, which I would say greatly improves productivity. The support team is very responsive and transparent, for which I am very grateful.

Pros

Sorting features and column order customization. Document uploads for invoices and journal entries are also a huge plus. I think the internal approval process is a massive improvement to physical alternatives.

Cons

Frequent errors and calculation inconsistencies (specifically with rounding amounts)

Tricia

Jonas Premier Review

We can now create percentage of completion reports instead of using excel spreadsheets. The reports are a great tool for project managers.

Pros

1) The software is very user-friendly, the upgrades are very useful and the support is good. 2) Cloud Based - can be accessed from any where. 3) The development team does listen to recommendations for software use and tries to develop and implement those suggestions.

Cons

1) We had a very difficult startup and implementation period. Our recommendation would be to someone looking into the software - Once you go through the group training, there should be one on one training to custom the software to the individual organization's needs. We were rushed through the training and right into one-on-one. We did not have enough time to convert the information from our old system in order to know what questions to ask. 2 ) We have issues with the software rounding, so reports and invoices are out of balance by pennies. 3 ) Could not use the mobile app - The APP does not work for Daily Reports

Reasons for choosing Premier

We were told the software could do cost plus billing and had an app for Project Management - which turned out to be not true. We are just now getting cost plus billing after being with Premier for 23 months.

The software could not accommodate RFI's and cumbersome with Subcontracts

Joel

Great software with easy to use interface

Really great software that has allowed our accounting and PM teams to communicate and collaborate easier. Previously, i felt that both teams had their own "language". This program helps bridge that gap. Also during the COVID crisis, software was immensely helpful in allowing us to work from home.

Pros

- Ease of Use - Modern UI (i hated some software that looked like it was an updated DOS. This software has an almost gmail-life feel). - good integration between accounting and pm tasks and responsibilities - very good customer support. they are very responsive to our questions, and very open to suggestions. - Ideas portal: separate software support & feedback where software developers actually listen to users and may incorporate our ideas into the next software update

Cons

- customer support time zone. software is located on North America eastern coast, so for me in california, there's only a 4 hour window or so when you can real-time discuss (via zoom, phone, etc). - some accounting features not as strong as QB. (this is a good/bad kinda issue). bad in that one doesn't have the flexibility to make changes like one would in QB, but good in that it actually forces you to be more GAAP minded - could use more out of the box accounting reports; and or report customatization (similar to QB)

Reasons for choosing Premier

- user interface just looked so much better (less intimidating, more user friendly, organized as a modern software should be).

Tammy