All Odoo Reviews

Alián

Excellent ERP to manage your business operations

We used to use spreadsheets before switching to Odoo and the savings in time and effort, plus the accuracy of the information is the main value we receive. Particularly, the Recruitment module helps us to configure an Application Tracking System, and now, we have visibility over KPIs that before was not possible. The implementation of an extension of the CRM module allow us to customize easily the system to our needs too.

Pros

Odoo provides my company with all the modules needed to manage the business. It is easy to set up, intuitive and the modules are well integrated.

Cons

The Community edition provides a lot of built-in features, but since version 9, Odoo has been moving features from Community version to Enterprise, so I could see some of them, which I was using, unavailable in recent versions.

Reasons for choosing Odoo

Because provides more modules. The availability in our market of Python developers to extend and customize the platform was another reason.

Reasons for switching to Odoo

Because managing business operations in spreadsheets it is extremely time-consuming. It requires a lot of coordination and is prone to errors.

Wes

Do Not Purchase Directly From Odoo

I wish it had worked. We struggeld with the software for 18 months - even reaching out to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] via Twitter asking for help. Odoo does not care about the customer. If you work with a reseller, they are awesome. But we made the mistake of buying through Odoo, installing 3rd party apps and then having tons of programming issues that no one would help us with. Great software - horrible company.

Pros

The software is incredibly eligant. The way everything works together via API is astounding. I can't say enough about how flexible this software is.

Cons

Support. We made the mistake of purchasing through Odoo and not a reseller and everything was pretty much wrong from day 1. All help is predicated on you having no 3rd party apps. The problem is, you cannot run the software without 3rd party apps.

Reasons for choosing Odoo

Compared to Netsuite, it was affordable and the rep assured us it would do all the things Netsuite would do.

We outgrew Zoho.

Ignacio

January 2023

Great CRM for managing projects and customer support

We have noticed that Odoo has improved our capability to stay in contact with our clients and manage our projects.

Pros

Odoo allows to plan development projects with many different customizable phases. The ticketing system is robust and enables an easy channel to give support to our customers.

Cons

Being open source sometimes can sometimes make more difficult to find solutions to your problems. Also the installation and configuration process could be easier.

Ranjeet

December 2022

It is not appropriate for agencies to use this product

Agencies that need to build multiple websites might want to look elsewhere, as this company does not offer refunds.

Pros

The pricing is fair, but we were disappointed with the support and onboarding experience as it was not as transparent as we would have liked.

Cons

I didn't find out about the different pricing for different regions until two months into development, which really threw a wrench into our business plans.

Reasons for switching to Odoo

The pricing structure was not disclosed to me until later in the development process, which disrupted our business strategies.

Stanley

November 2022

Best CRM for Small to large Enterprises

POS in Odoo is simply the best point of sale I have ever used.

Pros

Availability of most requested add-on modules and makes it the most ideal crm system.

Cons

Odoo enterprise model is quit expensive especially for small business.

Reasons for choosing Odoo

Widest range of module including fleet management.

Lack of a powerful Point of Sale

Victor

Misleading Functionality

Pros

On first blush it appeared Odoo would solve all our needs. Its secure, in the cloud, appeared moldable to our use cases and support was responsive. But after becoming a client it became very apparent it was more window dressing than anything.

Cons

We were promised that the software could do what we needed as well as be customized to the exact requests we had, right down to certain toggles for custom fields in certain places. We invested roughly $20,000 in their custom development service as well as started paying the monthly fee at $300usd roughly per month. After working with the dev team for months it was becoming apparent that what we were promised was not in fact doable. Work arounds and shortcuts were attempted to no avail. In the end Odoo handed us off to several account managers, and took months to respond back to us on our request to end the project and have our unused portion of the deposited funds returned. in the end the elected to return zero. The process was a massive waste of time and resources. Although working with theier team to rectify things they took a hard position and accepted zero responsibility. Reflecting back, I would have simply chosen to do a custom build out with a local development firm over this charade. We chose Odoo because we beleived it would have shaved months from development since most of the core functionality is already built. Instead what we got was absolutely nothing. No useable software and no portion of our unused funds. Very disappointing.

Reasons for switching to Odoo

To improve tracking of sales, invoices, and overal management of customer data.

Sean

December 2022

Easy to install in AWS, but.....

Pros

The installation via AWS is seamless, it was pretty quick and easy.It appears to have a lot of functionality and customisation with additional nodes or modules.

Cons

There are some, such as the helpdesk module, that I'd have liked to see in the AWS instance, rather than the cloud app on a separate subscription.

Reasons for choosing Odoo

ease of use and general functionality.Most paid HR solutions charge by the user, which is inconvenient for a largely volunteer organisation

Raj

December 2022

ERP to suit all needs out of the box

Pros

The user experience and localisation of accounting helps to keep the business running seamlessly.. they give free app with enterprise version and that’s amazing.

Cons

May be there could be more out of the box integrations for payment gateways and Delivery partners.

My Oddoo Experience

Pros

The most thing i liked with my experience is having a perfect way to creare a unified system to almost of all company's departments thanks to ERP System

Cons

My personal concern with this software is only about that sometimes you face some kind of connection lost error which i faced many times, however, it should be some kind of a bug and would be fixed easily with an update

Justyn

Industry: Security and Investigations

Perfect for small business

Pros

Free forever for 1 tool, simple setup, customizable branding, use our own domain

Cons

Limited support without paying for licenses, slow webpages

Product cost

Keriwala

Use this product to increase your business productivity

I am working for 4.7 years with Odoo Odoo is very good, practical and easy to use ERP software Easy customization that fulfils every clients' organizational needs

Pros

Analysis reports and graphs provide easy understandability User attractive interface Easy customization Fast working

Cons

According to Indian Accounting standards, I think that Odoo has to do more deep analysis and provides the functionality to their end-users for ease of use Also Odoo have to increase types of graphs provides graphical data

Reasons for choosing Odoo

Because it is very easy to use and customizable ERP software

Response from Odoo

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to continuing to collaborate with your organization! :)

Replied July 2019

Beautiful face very bad customer service

While I was analyzing the system the attention was incredible. I felt really very well taken care of, once I started having problems, the customer service and support area seemed to have lost all interest in us.

Pros

The demo was amazing, incredible, I had an instant love for the tool, the low prices really excited me.

Cons

after years of use the migration was impossible and I had to change from software to another brand because I came to the conclusion that the slow support seemed to be guessing how to solve my problems

Reasons for choosing Odoo

I chose odoo for price and level of service without asking for references to other companies, over time I realized that other companies like mine went through the same thing.

Reasons for switching to Odoo

Because migration was an impossible task, we did everything Odoo said had to be done, we even hired odoo.sh a few years before because they assured me that everything would work better, but it didn't, I felt really ripped off.

Denis

Odoo Hosted is Kewl

I wanted more than "just QuickBooks", b ut, I still wanted it to be simple. Odoo delivers.

Pros

Odoo hosted is awesome. It's features are robust and simple. It's easy to start experimenting for free with new integrated technologies and then turn them on in production as it makes sense econimically as we scale our business. It's high quality open source software written in Python and leveraging PostgreSQL for the database. Personally, I'd love to be a contributor to the Open Source portfolio of features and products (if only I had the time). Also, they have friendly and very knowledgable support staff that are there to help you succeed without any high pressure tactics. They are in it with you for the long term. I can not recommend Odoo enough.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints yet. So far I haven't needed much technical support and things are pretty intuitive (once you start using it).

Reasons for switching to Odoo

Wanted more features AND a better Web UI. In short, I wanted real ERP sioftware, but, still wanted ease of use.

Carlos Benjamin

Great ERP and the Cheapest of them all

It is Great, Cheap, Easy to use, Easy to Setup, a Great ERP with a lot of things that you can change.

Pros

It is very easy to use, you can see that the uSer Interface is done to be used by anyone, it is easy to setup, and in Timing against others, it is Awesome.

Cons

The Support is Slow, you need to wait a lot for something to be resolved (in Mexico).

Reasons for choosing Odoo

In 1 Word "PRICE", they are for Huge companies, Companies with more that 500 Employees or with a lot of Profit, It is easy 20 Times the Price of Odoo.

Reasons for switching to Odoo

Because Contpaq Have a lot of Errors, and the Support is HORRIBLE, a ticket can be solved in MONTHS.

Sanskriti

Surveying was easy as pie, Thanks to Odoo!!

Sometime, it takes more time to go with surveys, and gathering response from clients. Odoo has helped me in this regard. It's completely a time saver and cost efficient tool. Overall, Odoo manage to reinforce my office work and get the worked done in seemingly less time, creating happy clients and dedicated team at work.

Pros

Odoo survey is the good option for quick start surveys. Before using it, I was in dilemma to choose the right software of my needs, and confused which one to choose, but with the help of capterra, I got to find the right one. The survey tool is a complete time saver, has pre-built questionnaire and other ready made stuffs to make your efficient and less time consuming.

Cons

Odoo survey is more than a basic, unlike similar platforms, just in case you may get puzzled working with it's integrated features, so if you're not used to, you might feel it as a complicated one but trust me you'll be habitual and going with the survey will be lot easier after you use it. If you're waiting for a perfect survey tool for your work, Odoo Survey is the best I could recommend for you. And Lastly -I am not sugarcoating, believe me, that's my word! Try it once, you will get to know its value.

Reasons for switching to Odoo

Reason: Odoo has much more features under similar price range, and also because of its simplicity of use.

Pablo

Industry: Machinery

September 2022

One Software to all company

it is so easy to make changes in the interface with few hours of videos and information. so it became our MRP in less than 3 months, and in one year it handle almost 80% of all our procees.

Pros

with very little knowledge about the program, and a little reading and videos it is very easy to customize the interface, both online and in print.

Cons

the databases are not relational as usually, so you need to know about python code and get all the information about you need, to make deeper personalization.

Reasons for choosing Odoo

in a trial we can make to work almost as the old ERP, it was so easy to make to work.

Reasons for switching to Odoo

JObboss became obsolet for our sistem of production. even it has a great way to make adjustmenst for database.