• Pros

• "I like the look a feel of the system and ease of opening other functions from the same screen."

• "I like the flexibility, the queries are very easy to use, and easy to create new ones. All data is integrated."

• "It's robust and it able to handle our complex intercompany transactions. Some of the processes and steps have made an overall improvement from MAS."

• Cons

• "There is no drawback. it works brilliantly and services are good so nothing bad about this software."

• "Adding in some features required a lot of custom coding. Most notably was allowing for automatic allocations of product that is being cut."

• "Sage X3 should have more verticals for industry specific solutions.More marketing and exposure especially in Africa. "

Browse Sage X3 Reviews

Michael from Miles Chemical

Industry: Chemicals

Sage Review

Overall experience has been good with the exceptions listed above. Allowing us to consolidate software is our goal.

Pros

Cons

System isn't designed for the chemical industry. A lot of mods or customizations have to be made for the system to support our needs. There is always a solution but there is always a cost as well. will be well over budget once everything is working the way it was presented.

Reasons for Choosing Sage X3

Felt over time it would be a better solution based on the size of our company.

Response from Sage

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review, hopefully Sage X3 will continue to help your business consolidate your enterprise software.

Curtis from Ennis Fabrics Ltd.

Sage X3

Overall, our experience has been positive. I would recommend that companies ensure to include it in their RFP process.

Pros

Customizable features allow us to get the most out of the product. Workflows allow for controls for authorization where required.

Reasons for Choosing Sage X3

Sage X3 was a better overall fit for our company.

Response from Sage

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear that you are able to save time through automation using Sage X3.

Sage X3 ERP has been a useful asset for our company, is great for stock/dropship companies.

Pros

I like that X3 works really well for corporations that are made up of many different companies. X3 has the ability to handle multiple separate companies that each one of can be further separated into stock and financial sites that can all share customers, suppliers, G/L accounts, etc., providing smooth consolidation. X3 has a very easy to understand and easily navigable user interface.

Cons

I do not like the limited capabilities of the canned reports and queries provided with X3. I also do not like the slow response time from the support staff. The program does not work well with customization because it causes a lot of problems when it comes time for patching and upgrading.

MARK from The Broaster Company LLC

Decent product, But Service and Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired

Product is decent, its a little pricey for our relatively small organization. The customer facing side of Sage is terrible. Cringe when have to use customer support. PSG group is either overworked or just plain unresponsive. Sage's view to charge customer for everything even when their consultants lead you down wrong path is very disappointing and the reason we don't recommend this product to our peers.

Pros

X3 is very versatile and lends itself well to adapt to businesses. Not as rigid as some other competitive products in the market.

Cons

The fixed asset module, not intuitive, repetitive and doesn't work. Support doesn't understand it either . There set-up and maintenance of the system is clunky, multiple layers, would be nice if Sage could look at streamlining some of this.

Response from Sage

Replied May 2020

Sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your support of Sage X3. I will look into this for you if you are able to reach out to me at laura.hansford@sage.com

dan from Triangle Fluid Controls ltd.

Industry: Warehousing

usasge

benefits are being able look in the system for locations or part numbers and usage of material. this is only my view in the warehouse.

Pros

location and picking tickets are relatively easy to use.

Cons

the way inventory counts are performed with the RF scanner are done, at present it has changed the way we do inventory. Prior to an up grade it was simple on the scanning of the bar code. After the up grade things changed on the scanning of the barcode having to answer question after the scan of a location was completed. Yes or no, do you want to delete on scan numbers. What it was before was much simpler.

Response from Sage

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review of Sage X3. It is great to see that you would recommend us and please reach out to me at laura.hansford@sage.com if I can help with your scanning issues.

Brian from Sweet Harvest Foods

Industry: Food Production

Sage X3 Food Production

Overall we are satisfied with our decision to move to Sage X3. Being a food manufacturer with multiple sites we have successfully grown with X3.

Pros

Multi-Site features work well, Lot control/QC features are strong, visual process flows make new user training easy. Home Pages / Dashboards deliver easy access to data for production/shipping/receiving.

Cons

Integrated workorder planning functions are not realistic to use in version V9. Online help is lacking in too many areas, error message descriptions are vague.

Reasons for Choosing Sage X3

decision to stay with Sage was based on ease of moving our data from PFW to X3 and with X3 Multi-site/multi-company features

Response from Sage

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review of Sage X3. I am pleased that X3 has grown alongside your business.

Christy from Vincit Group

Industry: Chemicals

A good ERP system

I am happy with the product. I administer this product as well as another ERP and this one is substantially better in nearly every way.

Pros

X3 is highly configurable. Its intercompany functionality is substantial. Administrators have a ton of control over the user experience-- what they see, default fields, hiding fields, permissions, etc is all highly configurable without needing to be an IT genius to figure it out.

Cons

The ability to receive help. The help function is somewhat helpful sometimes but is not updated as often as it should be. The user community is lacking. I would love to be able to post on a message board about my problem, but when I have done that I have rarely gotten the answers I need. Solutions to X. problems are not "googleable"

Response from Sage

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you Sage X3 helps you run your business effectively.

Iftikhar from FAMA Technologies

funtastic solution for distribution operations

Pros

Sage X3 helps companies in the distribution industry meet customer demands and keep costs and waste down by managing the movement of goods across locations, warehouses, or companies. By combining sales, purchasing, and inventory, the software creates a powerful replenishment plan that results in lower inventory levels, no unnecessary distribution, and healthier operating margins.

Cons

Sage ERP X3’s human resource module is relatively weak It is not recommendable to smaller markets and industries To know the pricing, a quote has to be requested from the vendor There are no social media tools integrated into Sage ERP X3 There is no live chat support offered in the global website of the product

Eli from Cosmopolitan Cosmetics

Personally, I LOVE it!

Pros

Cons

I can't stand Crystal Reports. They take very long to generate, don't export well, and and not user friendly.

Daniel from Corporación Sybven

Really software adjustable to any type of medium or large company

Pros

What I liked the most is the versatility it has to adapt to the needs of any type of business, a great alternative for ERP. The variety of configurations that can be modified as well as the functionalities that can greatly save response times. The presentation and easy to create reports with very simple and guided quearys also The user interface is foolproof which is a great solution for the support and information department.

Cons

As an administrator I always have problems when it comes to support and debugging problems presented in the application in which many of them are not documented properly. The Reports are very colorful and well structured but at the moment of the output they take a long time to appear. I had some problems in the version update and the service pack caused some headaches

Mai from Kernel Season's

Support

I recommend renewing your support, though it is costly, but you never know when the system comes through an error and ends up taking you days to resolve.

Pros

When we first signed with Sage X3, we had the premium support package. We were able to ask for help/support 24/7.

Cons

We decided not to renew our support package and that was a mistake. Sage provides support to those that have the higher package support first. You can wait up to days for any assistance.

Alexa from Patriot Well Solutions LLC.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy database

Sage is a great software for data entry. I believe that it has everything possibly needed on it and it is simple enough that just about anyone can learn to use it!

Pros

I like that this product has a help button on every tab, I also like how easy this software is to use and how quickly I was able to learn how to work with it and explore everything that it has to offer.

Cons

I do not like how you can easily add or change codes by clicking one wrong button. I do not like how many modules are on it, I feel like they categorize way to much.

Amber from The Vincit Group

I work with mostly all modules of X3 for a little over a year now, it proven to be a good ERP system

Pros

Cons

The tables and the query tool are designed in a very different manner than what we have used in the past, which has taken a while to understand.

Linnet from TigerRisk Partners

Sage X3 Review

It has be Ok

Pros

There are no many things I like this software since it is not user intuitive

Cons

The system works very slow

Edward from Wristco

X3 In Manufacturing

Really good, its the backbone of our business.

Pros

It is fully integrated with our websites and our orders are automated to the point of shipping. We then deliver a tracking number automatically to the customer.

Cons

Entering orders can be clumsy and it's hard to eliminate unneeded steps. For our product it would be ideal to eliminate a number of steps if possible.

Response from Sage

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review of X3 and calling it out as the backbone of your business.

James from Oregon's Wild Harvest, Inc.

Sage X3 Financial Review

Great until recently

Pros

Excel downloads and re-coding documents before finalization

Cons

I actually experienced a situation where part (unbalanced)of a journal posted and caused my G/L to be unbalanced. This should not be possible and is concerning

Response from Sage

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your review, sorry to hear you had an issue with your GL. If you are able to get in touch with me laura.hansford@sage.com, I will look to resolve this for you.

Maria from Tissue Tech Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

Substantial ERP for our company's needs

Like most ERP's, you can train on it but unless you use it frequently you will not gain proficiency with it.

Pros

The purchase requisition creation and approval process is very straight forward. This is the main module/function I use.

Cons

Wish there was a way to query which purchase requisitions are in queue for a specific approver.

Kayla from Nextec Group

Sage Business Cloud Enterprise Management (formerly Sage X3)

Pros

Super easy to use; Excellent layout; Extremely customizable; Great 3rd party companies have services for it (NexTec)

Cons

Sometimes can have JSON or Java Bridge errors; Sometimes one minor error can cause the whole system to freeze up

Francis from Gravity Solutions Ltd

Sage X3 delivers faster, simpler and flexible ERP designed for the cloud at a fraction of the cost and complexity of typical enterprise ERP

Transform how your company competes and grows with a faster, simpler, and flexible business management solution, at a fraction of the cost and complexity of typical enterprise ERP systems. From procurement to warehousing, production, sales, customer service, and financial management, Sage X3 introduces better way to manage your entire business, on a global scale.

Pros

Faster, simpler and flexible to implement and quick return on Investment(ROI) and fully integrated to Sage X3 people HR solution.

April 2012

Boniface from Tanzania Standard (Newspapers) Ltd.

April 2012

Our organization was ready to adopt new technology with the newly stable market. We started looking for new software that would help us adapt to the changing business environment. We started with Sage ERP version 5.4 and now have upgraded to version 6.0. The implementation team studied our company environment, user needs, required reports and then integrated all this throughout the system. The whole installation process took about 3 months. The implementation specialist from Sage was so helpful as we moved to the new system. Our team didn't learn very quickly and had a little trouble picking it up, but with time and support the users have adopted the system. The customer support does a great job, although in some cases there's a little bit of a wait when they're attending other customers and you need help right away. The system saves time, is user-friendly and reduces duplicate data entry.

April 2015

Sonia from Global Service Limited

April 2015

Brilliant Software

Pros

Product is user friendly and locally built considering norms of Indian Government. Services of the company is outstanding.

Samuel from Arizona Shower Door

Great software

Pros

I like that most of the screens have very similar paths/functions, i.e, writing up a sales order is very similar to writing up a purchase order.

Cons

I wish that when applying a discount to a price list I was able to search for the customer by name as well as the account number.

Great CRM application never faced any issues!!

Pros

A big Thanks to Sage team, for provide all one features within one application, which is highly configurable and easy to use.

Cons

Notably expensive. Significant configurability means probably lengthy setup time. As its built on Salesforce force.com platform, it was plus for my company.

Shelia from Metro Boston

May 2012

We are a mid-sized organization of European origin. We had been using software developed in Europe that did not meet U.S. Financial reporting needs, so we decided to purchase Sage ERP 5.6 in late 2010 and went live as of 3.1.11. We did most of the implementation work ourselves and were on an extremely tight schedule. The users were trained prior to implementation and had forgotten much of what they had learned by the time they needed to use the system. We had a second and third round of training each being 6 months apart. We have had a year on the new system and it is meeting all expectations.

Does its Job

Pros

Has everything in one place - able to see pricing, supplier, inventory, raw material information Easy search functions

Cons

I thought it could've been a bit easier to use

Louise from Thyssenkrupp VDM USA

May 2012

Thyssenkrupp VDM USA was using MAS 200 SQL for 10 years. As this product was phased out, management and users wanted to stay within the familiar Sage Product. Sage 500 ERP, being the true SQL solution, allowed our in-house programmers to create views and reports that were more specific than 200. Although we have only been live with 500 for 8 months in the Accounting and Distribution pieces, we are anxiously awaiting to finish the manufacturing implementation.

January 2012

Natassia from AMSI

January 2012

I use Sage ERP software for inputting AP/AR invoices in an accounting office. This was the software that was being used when I started working at my company. So far, I have found it to be very easy to learn and also very helpful with what I use it for. I think that the customer service is excellent because they really take the time to explain things that you are having difficulty with. Overall I would recommend this Sage ERP software to other companies.

Tiffany from QBuild Software

Great network of users, consultants and resellers

Pros

Great network of users, consultants and resellers

Cons

Customer support is sometimes unclear if it should go through the reseller or sage direct.