What are SmartFusion users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SmartFusion software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love that this software is web based. It has made life easier with having to work from home."
  • icon"The best accounting software I have ever used."
  • icon"The budget prep module is by far one of the best features as it really allows users to forecast many different scenarios. Budget process has gone from months to a few weeks."
  • icon"The only problem I had was not having enough training and no written manual to refer to if I have a question. I don't use it very often."
  • icon"Integration was very difficult and there were many glitches and items that had to be corrected."
  • icon"Sometimes it is difficult to run my own reports."

Browse all SmartFusion Reviews

• Have you used SmartFusion and would like to share your experience with others?

Ben

Best Decision We Ever Made

Overall, our SmartFusion experience has been wonderful. From implementation to every day use, our business processes have been able to be streamlined and improved.

Pros

The budget prep module is by far one of the best features as it really allows users to forecast many different scenarios. Budget process has gone from months to a few weeks. Other functions include integrated state reporting, student activity and easy of use for training new staff members.

Cons

The accounts receivable module is one of the modules that takes some getting us to and setting up for business processes.

Reasons for choosing SmartFusion

SmartFusion provided a better fit for our district, was more focused on our needs and was more cost effective.

Reasons for switching to SmartFusion

We were needing a more modern solution that allowed the district to be more efficient in the opreations of finance and human resources.

Melissa

Harris review

Fairly good! There are some reports that you cannot process after you pass a certain point (complete check register) but for the most part you can generate a report that will give you what you need.

Pros

Most reports are easy to read-when you understand how to generate them.

Cons

There are so many features that are unknown to users that you have to request be added. It would be nice to have a monthly or quarterly update emailed each month to describe each feature.

Reasons for choosing SmartFusion

I believe where I work used Genesys before I came - not sure why the switch.

Reasons for switching to SmartFusion

I changed jobs. After using several other programs I feel that I can honestly review Harris. For the most part, I am satisfied, but there are some things I believe could be worked on. For example, why can't you print page 1 of the form 941? That is a federal form - why won't it produce the form?

LISA

payroll processing

Pros

For payroll processing the reporting on this software saves more time than our previous software. Some things are easier but others are more difficult.

Cons

Integration was very difficult and there were many glitches and items that had to be corrected. Our organization left a bells and whistles software that had easy excel downloads. There were so many correction issues that our overall training was impacted. For the past year we have been training as you go which causes delays in our job performance. Some of the reports that were easily accessed with our old system will not produce with our new system.

Cost

Melanie

School District usage

The software is ok, doing what we need it to do, though many functions still don't work after two years of using it. Customer service is ok; if a help ticket is submitted, someone typically gets back to us fairly quickly, but if it's any other type of question (something other than a simple, non-accounting related question), we often get a response saying they'll work on it then not ever hear anything back. The support personnel do not have accounting backgrounds, which tends to be a big issue (setup was a nightmare since the personnel assisting with the transition had not school business or accounting backgrounds). I would have also liked to see this as a true web-based software, like we were promised when initially signing on.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use, someone coming in with limited to no business experience was able to understand how to do basic functions.

Cons

There are some items that are typically included in basic software packages for education that aren't included in SmartFusion. Some of the common sense type accounting items have been left out, as well.

Cost

Reasons for switching to SmartFusion

Ease of use, we were promised functionality we needed, heard great things about ProSoft, which was supposed to be the outdated version of SmartFusion, though we found SmartFusion doesn't work nearly as well.

Dana

SmartFusion Review

We switched to SmartFusion in 2011. Everything was so much simpler than it was with our previous system. The support staff is great and always works hard to help with any problems or questions we have.

Pros

Cons

If I had to pick a con, I think it would be the ability to create some reports. Sometimes there's certain payroll information that I need in one report but instead might have to run a couple of different ones to get the exact info. I need.

Reasons for switching to SmartFusion

Our CFO at the time came from a school system that used SmartFusion and it was his decision to make the switch.

Johnna

I have had a great experience with SmartFusion, especially at the annual conferences. I learn more each time I attend. The staff are terrific!

Pros

I liked the ease of use in this software. I currently use the accounting modules to enter invoices, check fund ledger's to verify Journal Entries have been posted, Food Service module to enter all monthly information for each cafeteria.

Cons

Grid features in the Food Service module are not available.

Love it. So easy to use.

I use budget prep, fund ledger, payroll and I love it. Software is great. Customer service is wonderful.

Pros

Simple, easy to use. User friendly. The best accounting software I have ever used.

Cons

Honestly, I have nothing bad to say. If anything I would say it does so much.

Kimberly

SmartFusion

Pros

The software is very easy to use. Has the capability to generate reports in multiple formats which is extremely useful.

Cons

The ability to change passwords could be made simpler.

Traci

Just My Opinion

I'm happy with it

Pros

For the most part, I really like the software. Just some issues that never seem to be resolved.

Cons

Not getting things worked out so we can use them

Diane

Smart Fusion Review

I don’t use it very often but when I do it is pretty easy.

Pros

It seems pretty easy but I only use it a few times a month for Title I purchases. All I do is the PO and our County Office takes it from there.

Cons

All I do is create Purchase Orders for special money on this software. The only problem I had was not having enough training and no written manual to refer to if I have a question. I don't use it very often.

County Office made that decision

Reasons for switching to SmartFusion

County Office made that decision, but it took a lot of steps to make a PO.

Roni

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great K-12 Software!

Pros

Easy to use. Great customer service. Good training sessions.

Cons

There are features listed that aren't available.

Reasons for choosing SmartFusion

Transition from CSI software and cost of Infinite Visions.

Patricia

MY OPINION ABOUT SMARTFUSION

I LIKE THAT ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION IS ON ONE SCREEN. I ALSO LIKE THE FACT THAT PAYROLL AND PERSONNEL HAVE TO PUT IN A TERMINATION DATE.

Pros

CPI REPORTING FEATURE IS WHAT I LIKED AND THE FACT THAT ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION IS ON ONE SCREEN.

Cons

I THINK THAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO LEAVE THE SOFTWARE RUNNING BECAUSE WE USE THIS SYSTEM DAILY OVER 90% PERCENT OF AN 8 HOUR DAY. IT CONSTANTLY TIMES OUT, WHEN IT TIMES OUT IT DOES NOT SAVE WHAT YOU ARE TYPING. iT WILL TIME OUT WHEN YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING A TASK. I DON'T LIKE THE DOUBLE LOG IN FEATURE. ALSO, THE HISPANIC/NOT HISPANIC( THREE DOTS) FEATURE. I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT THAT FEATURE IS A WASTE OF TIME, ESPECIALLY AFTER i'VE ALREADY CHECK BLACK, WHITE, OR HISPANIC.

WE WERE TOLD THAT IT WAS AN EASIER PROGRAM

Lydia

Very Functional Software with lots of Options

We have had a great experience with SmartFusion and the support from the company.

Pros

The software helps combine HR and Payroll in one place as well as our finance processes.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to run my own reports.

Pamela

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

SmartFusion Review

It, like anything new, has taken a while to get comfortable with but I am getting there. With a little refresher training, I think I will be able to use better.

Pros

I most liked the ease of being able to go between screens.

Cons

It is not very easy to upload information. I have had to submit information several times to be uploaded.

County decision