Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The event set-up is easy and straight forward and meets all our needs. Overall, 123signup is an excellent product."
  • icon"I also like the ease with which our customers are able to log on and work through the process of registering for an event."
  • icon"There is excellent variety of features to incorporate almost any variation of event registrations desired."
  • icon"Reports are difficult to produce we have managed workshops for several years."
  • icon"Also very poor functionality for accepting payments and it ties up our cash for too long."
  • icon"At the end of registration, users just get an error is one class on the day is full. They have to redo their entire registration and it causes a lot of frustration for those users."

Have you used 123Signup and would like to share your experience with others?

All 123Signup Reviews

Joann

123Signup review

Overall this is a great software at a fair price. I have used it for at least four years now and keep coming back. The customer service is what keeps me coming back. They are so helpful!!

Pros

The customer service is outstanding. I always get a response within the hour and usually within 30 minutes of sending an email. The set up for an event is very user friendly. They have made improvements over the years that have been very beneficial. The reports tab keeps you updated on every aspect of your event. The feature for the name tags is awesome. This year is the first time I have used it and it was GREAT!

Cons

It does seem to take a while for the checks to come in. Last year I had closed the books and then received a check much later. I haven't dug into the financial reports to much but I did look at it a few weeks ago and thought it said I only had $3,000 something more dollars coming then I received a check for $14k. So I'm not sure about that tab. I may have just read it wrong.

Reasons for choosing 123Signup

Their video, ad and pricing the first year. After that just the software, price and customer service kept me coming back.

richard

Long term statisfied user

We run multiple conferences and rely on 123 completely to keep registrations running smoothly. Almost like electricity . . . it is always there, operating without our attention and delivering accurate results. I appreciate a service/software that does what it is supposed to do without much supervision on my part.

Pros

We have been using 123 for 5+ years as our only online registration system. It easily provides all the services we need to run conferences. I cannot remember if it has ever been down; always there when you need it. The support staff is great and very quickly responds to our requests. It is now an integral part of our operations and we cannot run events without it.

Cons

My only issue is that there are sections of 123 which cannot be customized per event while other areas can be redesigned for a specific event. The support staff does it's best to modify sections when we need it, but some are untouchable.

Reasons for switching to 123Signup

PeopleWare was purchased by another company and the "new and improved" version was too expensive.

Raymond Lynn

Association and event management review

123Signup solved several challenges for our organization in a very easy, quick and cost effective manner. As a small non profit organization, we cannot afford elaborate software or paid administrators and clerical staff. 123 is the perfect solution.

Pros

prompt customer support

Cons

Not really designed for an international organization.

Pam

great company in need of upgrade

i have enjoyed working with 123 they are very responsive however, they things that the system lacks required me to us multiple companies to accomplish all of our needs. The system needs to updated on the event side. it causes a lot of work during month end with the way the reports intertwine.

Pros

The product is user friendly and the team is very responsive.

Cons

the ability to keep up with the growing tech world.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Blow away CF

Once I got the hang of it I was in the drivers seat but I will say event bright is more “mainstream” and “attractive” yet more expensive and 123 sign up got my job done. Comparison my go to is 123 sign up. I feel as though 123 is missing an edge in marketing expect for new account holders. Being able to drag in an account is half the battle but if I could enter my contacts and create a data base that would be helpful

Pros

The customer service was fantastic. Once I got past the learning curve I was good to go.

Cons

1. The Learning curve/didn’t really gave time to learn it before launching tho either 2. Presentation on the web. Looks old school and less attractive to the client.

Reasons for choosing 123Signup

Honestly the customer service crushed the competition

Reasons for switching to 123Signup

They didn’t cover my event requirements

Richard

Industry: Public Policy

Professional Organization Use Review

This is seamless product that work every time. Customer Service is excellent.

Pros

Very Intuitive. Accurate. No mistakes. Easy use by our members.

Cons

None. We have no complaints. the program operates perfectly.

Reasons for switching to 123Signup

We had problems with the other company we were using.

Scott

Perfect Fit

I like that there are no up front fees. This service is very easy to use, setting up an event takes only a few minutes to go live.

Pros

123Signup software is a perfect fit for my boutique management consultancy. I first used 123Signup while registering for professional society events. Now my clients register for events sponsored by my firm, in the same way they do for other professional events.

Cons

After ing periods between our events, we are dropped without notice, then requiring reactivation.

Marc

Good Product

Overall, I am pleased with 123 Signup and would recommend it to anyone who runs any sort of event. Customer service ultimately wins it for me. No system is perfect, but having the right people available to help the customer when needed is a huge plus!

Pros

Customer service is top notch. When I call I am able to speak to a live person usually on the 2nd ring. That person is friendly, knowledgeable and able to address any concerns I have or explain certain requests won’t work. I also like the ease with which our customers are able to log on and work through the process of registering for an event.

Cons

The ability to add attachment into email announcements. I feel that would be helpful at times. I also dislike that I can’t customize an event with certain fields. I.e. for a golf tournament i can reserve seats only, instead of players.

Chuck

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Thank you 123!

I do not have a big administrative staff, so having a single platform for event registration/administration is vital for us.

Pros

Both the admin interface and the registration interface were easy to understand and intuitive. I also like how registrants are able to continually update their own profiles and registrations.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind; everything worked the way I needed it to.

Reasons for switching to 123Signup

123 has much better customer support/service. I never felt alone in the process; it was if I had my own team of 123 people on my side.

Ruth

Overall Review of 123Signup

Pros

The software on the backend is easy to use. The communication area has been a bit better since one of the last upgrades to the email system. (HTML) The certification piece is very good; (could even be better with a few tweaks)

Cons

The biggest issue I have found is that the membership app doesn't always convert to our website with changes. (IE: member updates their email address on 123signup but the website isn't updated so they can't log in to our website as a member).

Reasons for choosing 123Signup

We've been using 123signup for years now....

I'd recommend 123Signup.

I've used 123Signup for our local association chapter in the information management and content services industry. The platform is easy to set-up and very effective for our events. I'd definitely recommend the product to other associations and non-profit groups.

Pros

Easy-to-use to set up events, even for non-IT staff.

Cons

I haven't been receiving a monthly statement detailing the fees we're being charged per registered attendee but the cost has been minor and affordable.

Reasons for choosing 123Signup

The product met our needs at a lower cost for our non-profit industry chapter.

Thea

Easy to use and customizable form that partners with other web development tools

Pros

123signup forms are easy to use, and does not require advanced knowledge to learn it. I used this to integrate with Wix, and I am satisfied with it. The pricing is also reasonable, and Wix offers it for free for a while for their paid subscription.

Cons

It doesn't look pretty compare to other form builders. It only has the basic features. If it didn't have integration with other products, it probably won't be the first to choose product for its product line.

Victor

Learning curve a little high

Over the years, 123Signup has been stable, and we've never lost any data. Sometimes we have wanted to be able to manipulate people's records to better serve the client; eg when they cancel for one event but want to be added to another of equal value, and we haven't been able to (figure out how to) do that easily -- or if you can do it at all. Generally, it is kind of boring and time consuming, but it works, and that's the most important thing.

Pros

123Signup was available when we first needed it many years ago, and it has worked since with very few glitches. The software has much more capability than I have ever learned to use. However, it does the job that we need it to do at a reasonable cost. It is a very stable program.

Cons

Learning curve is a bit high, and it can be clunky. It is not intuitive, and the user has to search through a lot of verbiage to find the subject needed. This can be vexing because the user generally wants instant gratification. It is sufficiently daunting that I've never had any desire to dig around in it and find out what all it will do, but mainly stay with the "minimum".

Reasons for choosing 123Signup

It was a mature, functioning product at an affordable price.

Angelica

Great support.

Pros

There are a lot of options in how to set up the survey. We used the feature that allowed for multiple tracks which other companies don't always offer at a reasonable price.

Cons

The back end can be a little confusing. When setting up the multiple tracks, it starts to look overwhelming.

Ed

Great Value

123signup offers a great value for our organization. The customer support staff is great. They get back with answers and resolve issues quickly. Our organization has asked for some customized features. Once the requirements were explained, 123 tech support made the modifications at a very reasonable price. We are very happy with the service provided by 123signup.

Pros

Very reasonably priced and the customer and tech support are great.

Cons

Other event registration services offer more features.

Shanthi