• Pros

• "So easy to use and customise to suit our business. Support is fantastic. "

• "It is so easy to use and navigate around, it makes invoicing easier and saves so much time when it comes to sending joining instructions to our customers as Arlo does it for you!"

• "Arlo is intuitive and user-friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending this product having spent almost two years enjoying this system. The support that Arlo provides is second to none."

• Cons

• "Online support isn't great probably because of terminology, but we do love the live support, always helpful and answer any questions we have. "

• "It is a little pricey, but having said that if we hadn't chosen Arlo we would have potentially needed 2 systems to do what we can do on 1 now."

• "The time difference between countries, there is a bit of a lag when needing customer support but overall they are quick to get back with you. Instead of an immediate response, it takes a day. "

Browse Arlo Reviews

Vivian from maxx solar academy

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great value for money & a versatile tool

Arlo really makes our life easier, we use it to manage all our paid training courses and also track attendance of participants of other events. Arlo is quite easy to understand, it doesn't take long to explain it to new staff members and has intuitive handling. The articles on the support page are great, I find it very easy to follow the instructions and discover new features of the software. Their customer service is also great, the support team is very quick and so far could solve all our problems.

Pros

I like most that the build-up and functions are really thought through. They try to accommodate different types of training and mostly find a good balance between pre-set processes and possibilities for customisation. Compared to other LMS (which I haven't used but checked their functions and pricing..) Arlo offers less functions in one but you can add various integrations, e.g. your own accounting software. That makes it easy also for smaller training providers to get started with software and making life easier without having to commit to a full-service LMS.

Cons

For many functions (e.g. newsletter tool, online training) you need to buy third party software and use integrations. As described in the pros, it is great to start with Arlo without major committment but after a while you want to use more and more features, like newsletters or webinars but you have to use different provider for every single funtion. It is okay because many are probably using Mailchimp or somethinga nyway which integrates with Arlo but it would be great if Arlo could offer it, I get annoyed by having so many different logins and having to get used to all the different softwares.

Allison from Great Lakes Seminars

Arlo Review

Our office loves it and our presenters enjoy the ability to see what their courses look like leading up to the event date. Arlo has become the staple and all encompassing resource for our course management.

Pros

One of the biggest positives when it comes to the Arlo software is the automated features. Our office used to spend a lot of extra time communicating small details and follow through just to make sure information was shared with our registrants at the proper moments. Thankfully with things like a wait list with a programmed process we do not have to keep track of those details manually.

Cons

Perhaps it's just a beginning phase, and not even a negative "least" explanation but my least favorite aspect about Arlo is in regards to all of the features we have yet to utilize and set up. It provides excitement but when the start up is in the process and even a few months later, we are still constantly figure out new (awesome) things to implement.

Reasons for Choosing Arlo

My boss was the one that did the research and made the decision.

Response from Arlo

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the fantastic review, Allie! It's great to hear that Arlo's automated features save your team so much time and that your presenters enjoy the ability to view their upcoming courses via the mobile app. Do reach out if there is anything we can do to help.

Fiona from IRHACE

Seamless integration

Pros

Cons

I have no gripes, therefore unable to think of anything that I liked least about the software.

Response from Arlo

Replied August 2019

Thank you Fiona - We really appreciate the review and it's a pleasure having you onboard! Our team work hard to make Arlo as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. It, therefore, means a lot to hear our work makes a difference to you. Please reach out if there is anything else we can do.

Lesley from Swea

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Unpleasant

Pros

Not much.

Cons

They suddenly increase the pricing astronomically.

Response from Arlo

Replied August 2019

We pride ourselves on offering a fully-featured training management system for a fair price. Sorry to hear you weren't getting value from Arlo. All the best.

Bentley from Advantage Caribbean Institute

Arlo Event Management Software

Daily administration of our training sessions. We can add and remove instructors from sessions base on availability or "Best Suited" for a course. Transfer students from one class to another and be able to track such movement.

Pros

The ease with which all employees started to use the software with minimum distraction or inability to find features. I believe that from the time I started using this software, my productivity and daily time management of classes, students and my resources have significantly been improved. I also like the features that are from time to time implemented, but you are always given the chance to review these changes before they are implemented. Most important for me, the quick turn around from Customer Support Team in resolving any issues (very few) that pop up once in a while.

Cons

There are absolutely nothing I can put here to say I don't like.

Khumbudzo Amanda from maxx solar & energy

Arlo review

Pros

It is user friendly and has a lot of features

Cons

It does not send out calendar reminders automatically to presenters and administrators

Response from Arlo

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the review! You're correct, Arlo automatically sends reminder emails to registrants in the lead-up to a course. The same like-for-like feature isn't available for presenters and administrators, but you do have a few options. For example, the 'Event Registrants' report can automatically be sent to presenters X days before the course and the dedicated mobile app for presenters shows their upcoming training. Reach out to our team at support@arlo.co and we'll help define the best solution.

Steph from Construction Training Academy

Great system, easy to use and constantly being updated to suit users needs

Amazing, I was worried that because we were in the UK and it is a NZ company that we may struggle to communicate due to the time difference, but that hasn't been a problem and its even better now that Jerrod is over in the UK, not that I've needed to contact him regarding anything recently as Arlo has been working perfectly for us.

Cons

Response from Arlo

Replied August 2019

Thanks Steph! It's great that Arlo saves your team so much time. That's why we do what we do, and why training providers keep signing up. We're loving being able to offer our customers round-the-clock support from our NZ and UK teams.

Kylie from TriEx

Pros

So easy to use and customise to suit our business. Support is fantastic.

Cons

I thinkthere has to be a easier way to do the certification, surely it can be included as part of the 'attended or not attended' function.

Antje from maxx-solar energy PTY Ltd.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great Tool

Pros

dashboard and intervace with wordpress and Xero

Cons

That one cannot customize E-Mails Arlo is only available in English, not multilingually

Amy from Construction Training Academy Limited

Arlo Review

Pros

Easier to use than 365, I have always relied on spreadsheets and outlook calender's but since using ARLO it has become so much easier to plan and prepare using multiple presenters.

Cons

The only thing I would like to change, would be the lay out of the calendar but since the latest update this has improved.

Eve from TriEx

Easy to learn, fast help when needed & efficient for clients

I save a lot of time with this product, it looks professional for our clients and shows information and data clearly.

Pros

How easy it is to use as an administrator, if I have a more technologically challenged client it is easy to walk them through the process of booking, and if they do not want to it is super fast for me to book for them! I find the send payment link option really helpful and saves me admin time.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility in the automated email system and being able to alter what goes to the client. Not so much the content of the email but the ability to automatically stop the email from sending once the client has taken the steps the email asks them to do.

Response from Arlo

Replied September 2019

It's fantastic to hear that Arlo is saving you so much time, that is what we are all about! More control and flexibility around the automated emails is something we have on our product road map. If you have any suggestions or questions regarding this, please reach out to our support team and they will be happy to help.

Lennie from Wintec

Couldn't do without it!

Pros

Arlo collates all of the information we need to run our events in the most efficient manner. It's customisable and easy to use. Reporting is a breeze too.

Cons

Not being able to upload documents has been something that has caused extra work. Also, being able to duplicate a template would be super-helpful when you need to incorporate a lot of existing information for a new course.

Response from Arlo

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the review Lennie, we really appreciate it! It's great to hear Arlo is helping you streamline your event administration and reporting tasks. Arlo includes the ability to upload documents to contacts, courses and the automated registration emails. We also use an event template system that makes running repeating or similar events easy. If you would like some help on how to best use these features please get in touch with our support team - support@arlo.co

Bridget from Leisuretime Learning Ltd.

Great Software for Short Course Provider

For the past five years, I have used Arlo to help me organize an Adult Community Education Programme which attracted 1100 enrolments and delivered around 110 courses each year. I found the Arlo software was brilliant it reduced administration time significantly. Features I especially liked were the facility for students to pay for courses by credit card and automated receipts, course directions and course reminders. I found it easy to insert text and photos onto my website which was fantastic. A very important plus was that the help desk responded quickly when I needed to ask a question. My business is closing now - this is the only reason I am ceasing to use Arlo. I highly recommend Arlo to other education providers.

Pros

It reduced my administration time significantly.

Cons

It would have been good if I could have inserted videos. I was on the "Basic" plan. Not sure if other plans have this functionality.

Alice from SUNZ

My non-profit uses Arlo for event management for our camps and training events. It is great!

Pros

I really like the way they are always adding new features to the software. I love the integration with Xero and the simple processes for managing your events. As we do lots of different types of events, the flexibility to create your own fields & and reports is so helpful. The customer support is amazing, we have the email support package - which usually means someone from Asia emails you back a week later. No - at Arlo, New Zealand based staff answer the same day. They are really helpful with 'how to do this' queries - not just bug support.

Cons

The price - but I think that it does save on lots of admin time. It would be nice if it connected to Flo2Cash.

Tania from Victoria University

Course management made easy

Overall this software meets our needs to manage over 400 courses and 8000 customers annually.

Pros

Arlo is so easy to use. The dashboard is always open to see what we are doing at all times. The mobile app is super handy for checking on things from off site. The automated communication feature save time and improve the professionalism.

Cons

I would like to see more functionally and customization around reporting on the Dashboard eg year on year comparisons. Also graphing options in the reporting. Reports into Excel do not also facilitate working with the data because of merge cells and extra co

Jade from The Gap 2014 Ltd.

The best event management software

Using arlo has meant that we've consolidated all of our payment methods into one platform, eliminated multiple spreadsheets recording attendees and also eliminated the possibility for human error at our end - if someone isn't registered for an event, they didn't register, it's not that they emailed us and didn't make it to the spreadsheet!

Pros

The best things are the payment platform, the app for my mobile when I am at an event - so easy to record attendance or grab an attendees number to check in on them if they haven't arrived. Arlo has eliminated human error at our end - now we know if a registration is wrong that it was entered incorrectly by the client, not someone at our end!

Cons

We used to use quite a complicated discount structure for multiple attendees, this has been hard to translate into arlo, but we have identified a work around - it just took a bit of time to implement.

Mandy from IVS

Outstanding Service from Arlo

We have been integrated various websites with Arlo lately and the support team are very helpful whenever I contact them. Get things Done! Mandy Curtis - IVS Marketing Manager

Pros

Easy to integrate with various website platforms. The support staff (Arlo Developer who we have been dealing with) looks outside the box to come up with solutions. Dashboard is great for a quick overview, things are easy to find. Reports provide valuable information and are easy to use. Love how it integrates easily with Survey Monkey and Mailchimp which we use regularly.

Cons

Nothing

Easy, helpful, fast

Pros

Arlo is very easy to use and the team is always on hand to help should we have any questions or additional changes we would like to make to our personalised system. Some team members have taken the time to come and give us presentations on how to get the best out of the system which was really helpful. Arlo is a great way for us to upload and keep track of our events. The reporting section is especially helpful for running data analysis. The database is extremely helpful for storing details about centres - the full details of the school will populate from just a centre number. Overall, the system has been great and I would definitely recommend for anyone who is thinking of using it.

Cons

You cannot change the event code once the event has been approved - this means you have to cancel the event and create a new one if there are any changes.

Jamuel from SUNZ

Great event management system

Integrating event registration with our website Producing event reports in the specific manner we need Easy and modern design needed for online registrations - especially as on of our goals was to transition to most of our event registrations being captured online An easy to use system for our event administrators but with advanced functionality needed to cover all the different types of events we do and the information we need to capture.

Pros

Great reporting Great way to manage events online Excellent support - really easy ticket system and very quick resopnse. Very impressed by this Ability to create custom registration forms - crucial to the wide range of events that we do

Cons

Not much customisation available for visual design unless you are willing to pay more to do some custom work.

Frances from Wellington High School Community Education Centre

Intuitive, easy to use software platform

Pros

Easy and intuitive to use - constantly being developed and upgraded Arlo is the best education management and student management software I have used and I've used quite a few packages!

Cons

There are still areas for development - but I've been in touch with Arlo and am told that they are developing these extra features - such as the ability to mark attendance by class and being able to change multiple sessions on an event at once, if a tutor changes - but we look forward to these updates making Arlo even better!

Linda from University of Auckland

The software is customer friendly and quite powerful.

Pros

We use Arlo to organise the courses which run in our centre (registration, communication etc). I find out it is very easy to use Arlo once the courses have been setup. We have setup templates for all of our courses. We only need to make minor changes each year. Also, the customer services are efficient and professional.

Cons

I don't have anything to complain with. The functions of this software meet our needs. I am not the person to worry about the cost.

Elaine from Te Tai Tokerau Primary Health Organisation

We have had ARLO since July 2014 and it meets all our needs to date with a few modifications.

Less paperwork, more organising tools, and better tracking of events organised and held. Ease of use for the registrants for events. A great management tool for the whole process including reporting requirements

Pros

Lack of extra paperwork required to be done by administration, ease of use for the registrants who can now manage their own registrations and information

Cons

The CSV output file is messy and very limiting. I have to spend more time on tidying up to meet the requirements for accounts/reporting.

Jean from University of Auckland - Simulation Centre for Patient Safety

User friendly, very convenient and caters all the requirements of what a booking system should have.

Pros

Able to pull out all the registrant details in one excel sheet, no need for me to click one by one or going back and forth just to see the details i'm looking for. Everything are pretty straight forward.

Cons

when sending payment links, it only shows the email subject e.g. "Payment of ORD 123", the course name is not included on the subject heading that sometimes registrant has to come back at me and ask what is it for, esp for those who couldn't remember about it. Im not sure if there's an option to change/edit it, will appreciate if you could show me how to do that :)

Sue from 20/20 Trust

I find the platform and service from the customer support team second to none.

The ability to train delivery partners quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Scheduling of courses is extremely quick due to using templates. It's an easy platform to train others how to use, I often Skype our partners and share my screen.

Cons

There's not much to not like, in fact I haven't any real issues at all. I occasionally find running reports a little frustrating but I'd say that's a 'user' issue rather than platform issue.

Robyn from Wellington High School Community Education Centre

Been using it since it started!

Pros

We were one of the first providers to use Arlo and we have no regrets - it has gone from strength to strength and it just keeps on getting better! Keep up the amazing work Arlo people.

Cons

Having been using this package from the beginning it has had a few bugs and issues in its very early days. However, the team we quick to fix bugs and problems and have constantly evolved the package to be better and better.

Frank from Centre for Lifelong Learning, Victoria University of Wellington

Good with some room to grow

Pros

The ability to see every event coming up over the next year in a simple, searchable format makes planning ahead very easy. The online payment section makes enrolments relatively easy as well.

Cons

Cancelling or going back on things can be quite difficult. An administrator is required for relatively menial tasks that differ from everyday use of the software, and that can slow down my work.

Laura from Rangitoto College

Arlo Training and Event Software

I find the Arlo software easy to use with great and reliable technical support. Software provides all the necessary reports to support the events.

Pros

Great technical support and adequate reports provided

Cons

The combination of training and event into one software has made the terms used not very clear. For example, you cannot register for an event. It is more a "buy your ticket now" and "register for a course".

James from IT Futures

Probably the world's best Training & Event Management solution

Our website and Xero integration results in a seamless process that saves time and enables us to focus on our business

Pros

Impeccable support with a huge knowledge portal and very helpful staff Simple and intuitive UI It does everything we need extremely well

Cons

Looking forward to seeing more integration options in future releases so we can get even more value out of this great app

Helen from University of Auckland

Great product. Easy to use.

Managing events and operations.

Pros

The product is great. And there are always new improvements and new features made available. The best part is the support team, they are very helpful and provide good advises.

Cons

The product is very strong at managing events, but less so on managing individuals. We wish it comes with stronger CRM features.

Bentley from Advantage Caribbean Institute Ltd

Very user friendly. Easy to use tools. Constant upgrades to improve product Up-time, 100%

More time to spend on the real work of managing our training products, people and other resources.

Pros

Has reduced my time in scheduling and avoiding scheduling conflicts in resources (people, training rooms, etc.) I really like the import of Excel CSV to facilitate large group registrations and or multiple corporate registrations.

Dorothy from Wellington High School Community Education Centre

The best training/teaching software I have used

Pros

I have used Blackboard, Wisenet, a custom built IBM mainframe and many others. Arlo is without a doubt the best software package I have had the opportunity to use.

Cons

Like any software package there is room to improve and further develop things - but I find Arlo very responsive and engaged with their customers.

Jesse from Jena Dyco International

Really great system, still new but always re-creating and updating to attend to our individual needs

Reporting functions are great, enrollment and ordering functions also! Very user friendly and easy to learn.

Pros

The enrollment side of things is so easy, the whole system and very user friendly. Its a great CRM for our business and more so in line with what we need our company CRM to do for us in comparison to other CRM's such as Salesforce

Cons

Still a few low-priority items need to be worked on but still fabulous! Some of the reporting side of things need to be modified over time, we use this CRM as Account Managers so it would be great if we can utilize the reporting side of things in accordance to account manager more then what you can now.

Karen from Nzvca

The platform is very easy to use with great functionality. The support is exceptional too.

Pros

How flexible it can be to work for a number of different events and still be so bespoke. It also handles the payments and refunds seamlessly

Cons

It can be a bit restrictive in us being able to amend the skin on the events page and cost us money if we need to amend any part of this, which can be frustrating

Nicole from Sitecore

From the start, Arlo has been so easy to learn, understand, implement, and use.

Pros

Arlo's ease of use has really made my day-to-day job easier. From the get go, we've been supported and our support questions have been answered in a timely and supportive manner. Arlo is the best LMS system that I've used for external training. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest using Arlo for any company if they value their employees' time. Thanks, Arlo!

Cons

There are some limitations to Arlo, but none that are deal breakers. They are really just minor things, but I'm sure that if my company had a higher tiered contract/support, those limitations would not be an issue.

Karen from Wellington High School Community Education Centre

Great software package

Pros

I like the fact that Arlo is a "one-stop-shop" for training management. Arlo are always providing updates and enhancements and this makes it a continually improving tool that has an increasing number of uses in our business. We would not be without it!

Eloise from Engineering New Zealand

Does everything we need!

An easier workflow. Some features are not needed for our certain area so it can on occasion be over crowded. However these features are commonly used by other people.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and all the features are well suited for our needs. It really helps when you can set up a course in 5 minutes, especially if you have 250 a year! It is also extremely easy to pull reports for finance and stats.

Leo from Wellington High School Community Education Centre

Totally helpful software package

Pros

Arlo is ideal for all training and teaching needs. We use it to record all of our student and course information and it is an easy to use package with a very helpful team - who are quick to respond with clear answers.

Anna from Project Plus

Great product!

I have been integrating Arlo to our new website, it has been a great experience. As a developer I had multiple ways of doing it and it went quite well! Thank you Arlo team for support and all your hard work! The negative experience (insignificant though): 1. Have to push Arlo support team sometimes to get the response. 2. Some features that we wanted to have we couldn't have (Wordpress Arlo plugin) 3. CSS and html in Arlo plugin can act in a strange way (not saving the changes when added and saved).

Pros

flexible - can always fine workaround to achieve what needed

Cons

Arlo plugin not developed as desired

Tiffany from HGS

Complete Lifesaver

We needed something all-encompassing to organize our training webinars. This has proven effective in helping us hit our goals.

Pros

Arlo blew me away with its extensive capabilities surrounding scheduling, training portals, and training payments. I am able to create training webinars for my sales staff, send out invitations, set meeting details, and invoice for meeting seminars. This has been a complete lifesaver and a timesaving solution to our training needs.

Cons

It is a lot to take in initially. It has a lot of capabilities I probably still haven't touched. However, the possibilities with this software is endless, and can weed out other software you use that isn't helping to meet goals.

Response from Arlo

Replied August 2019

Hi Tiffany, We're delighted to hear that you're getting a lot out of Arlo and its extensive capabilities. If there's anything more we can do for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

David from Project Plus

Brilliant Product

We stumbled across Arlo last year and haven't looked back. Easy to configure and it does everything we wanted plus lots more. The people are friendly and responsive - and knowledgeable. We have been able to automate a lot of our client contact and all of our trainers have embraced their app and like the functionality. Arlo are keen to listen to requests for system changes and have responded very positively. They are likely to be market leaders globally in a couple of years. I can highly recommend Arlo.

Pros

It is flexible and does exactly what we need

Cons

It is all good

Kylie from Catch You Photography

Great product and fantastic for managing our first aid courses.

Booking all of our first aid courses etc, makes it super easy.

Pros

Ease of use, dashboard that shows everything at a glimpse, fast for booking first aid attendees, great for capturing details.

Amanda from WV Bankers Association

Don't waste another day without ARLO!

Pros

User-friendly, wonderful staff for support, Great software for our event management and it ended up being a mini CRM for our association. I can't say enough good things about how ARLO has changed my day to day tasks and made my job so much easier.

Valerie from Pearson

I use Arlo mainly for checking events set up by colleagues, obtaining information from reports

Useful event management system

Pros

I find Arlo fairly straightforward and smooth to use and obtain information or add data to an event.

Cons

When searching for a series of events, once you click on one and leave, you are taken back to the menu page and have to start the search again, which can be frustrating.

Juan from Pearson

Easy to use software which enables you to manage a series of events which can be private or bookable

Pros

Being able to build reports to suit specific customer needs/requirements and have these sent at a time and date which is convenient to them.

Cons

Not being able to retrieve all data in one single report, it may be that 2 reports are needed to be able to view all of the data needed.

Toni from Pearson

A great tool to monitor events

This software helps us add and track events

Pros

Easy to use, when setting up events, we can add one event as a template and just change information for each following event

Cons

At the end of each event, you have to go in and add who attended, I'm not sure how this could be simplified though

Alton from Master Plumbers

Arlo review

Pros

Arlo is straight forward to use especially when creating new events to post on our website.

Cons

if you create a new contact or organisation and it already exists, there should be an option to select 'activate' so you don't have to leave where you are and then start again.

SArah from Bonjour Babies

Great support with real people. User friendly software.

Ease of use, no need to take manual bookings any longer. Prompt support/customer service.

Pros

Intuitive to use. Can replicate courses rather than starting from scratch with entering details

Cons

Search options are limited (eg no postcode search option available). Users see how many spaces are still available in each course - which does not create a sense of urgency for them to book (eg it says '10 places remaining', rather than 'nearly full').

Patricia from CADPRO Systems

Powerful tools Get the job done!

I spend less time mentally managing the processes. ARLO makes it a breeze to schedule events and assigning our trainers, track courses and reschedule events. Quoting and invoicing is simpler and best communication tools. Free up time to focus on selling and doing what really matters- getting things done! Your experts always support with urgency and service delivery is your top priority!

Pros

Ease of use and flexible

Cons

Archiving should hide old/ cancelled events and only view current or new events - templates

Jade from Pearson

Arlo is pretty straight forward to use

Pros

What I like most about Arlo is that it's a central place I can see all my events makes it easy to manage.

Cons

That you are not able to postpone events and you can bulk upload online events

Nichole from Ascender HCM

Really like ARLO!

Pros

The system is user friendly, and has been a great inclusion to our business. Our customers find it easy to use.

Cons

Would like additional features, but the software is changing often, and new enhancements are often available.