Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Arlo has a ton a great features for event management and registration. Really liked the back-end planning features for administering venue & catering details and instructor notifications."
  • icon"Arlo is a great tool to help train my employees."
  • icon"I like most that the build-up and functions are really thought through."
  • icon"It can be a bit restrictive in us being able to amend the skin on the events page and cost us money if we need to amend any part of this, which can be frustrating."
  • icon"Cancelling or going back on things can be quite difficult. An administrator is required for relatively menial tasks that differ from everyday use of the software, and that can slow down my work."
  • icon"Archiving should hide old/ cancelled events and only view current or new events - templates."

Have you used Arlo for Training Providers and would like to share your experience with others?

All Arlo for Training Providers Reviews

Antje

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great Tool

Pros

dashboard and intervace with wordpress and Xero

Cons

That one cannot customize E-Mails Arlo is only available in English, not multilingually

Fiona

Seamless integration

Pros

Arlo is intuitive and user-friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending this product having spent almost two years enjoying this system. The support that Arlo provides is second to none.

Cons

I have no gripes, therefore unable to think of anything that I liked least about the software.

Response from Arlo

Thank you Fiona - We really appreciate the review and it's a pleasure having you onboard! Our team work hard to make Arlo as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. It, therefore, means a lot to hear our work makes a difference to you. Please reach out if there is anything else we can do.

Replied August 2019

Lesley

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Unpleasant

Pros

Not much.

Cons

They suddenly increase the pricing astronomically.

Response from Arlo

We pride ourselves on offering a fully-featured training management system for a fair price. Sorry to hear you weren't getting value from Arlo. All the best.

Replied August 2019

Bentley

Arlo Event Management Software

Daily administration of our training sessions. We can add and remove instructors from sessions base on availability or "Best Suited" for a course. Transfer students from one class to another and be able to track such movement.

Pros

The ease with which all employees started to use the software with minimum distraction or inability to find features. I believe that from the time I started using this software, my productivity and daily time management of classes, students and my resources have significantly been improved. I also like the features that are from time to time implemented, but you are always given the chance to review these changes before they are implemented. Most important for me, the quick turn around from Customer Support Team in resolving any issues (very few) that pop up once in a while.

Cons

There are absolutely nothing I can put here to say I don't like.

Bridget

Great Software for Short Course Provider

For the past five years, I have used Arlo to help me organize an Adult Community Education Programme which attracted 1100 enrolments and delivered around 110 courses each year. I found the Arlo software was brilliant it reduced administration time significantly. Features I especially liked were the facility for students to pay for courses by credit card and automated receipts, course directions and course reminders. I found it easy to insert text and photos onto my website which was fantastic. A very important plus was that the help desk responded quickly when I needed to ask a question. My business is closing now - this is the only reason I am ceasing to use Arlo. I highly recommend Arlo to other education providers.

Pros

It reduced my administration time significantly.

Cons

It would have been good if I could have inserted videos. I was on the "Basic" plan. Not sure if other plans have this functionality.

Easy, helpful, fast

Pros

Arlo is very easy to use and the team is always on hand to help should we have any questions or additional changes we would like to make to our personalised system. Some team members have taken the time to come and give us presentations on how to get the best out of the system which was really helpful. Arlo is a great way for us to upload and keep track of our events. The reporting section is especially helpful for running data analysis. The database is extremely helpful for storing details about centres - the full details of the school will populate from just a centre number. Overall, the system has been great and I would definitely recommend for anyone who is thinking of using it.

Cons

You cannot change the event code once the event has been approved - this means you have to cancel the event and create a new one if there are any changes.

Kylie

Great product and fantastic for managing our first aid courses.

Booking all of our first aid courses etc, makes it super easy.

Pros

Ease of use, dashboard that shows everything at a glimpse, fast for booking first aid attendees, great for capturing details.

Cons

Online support isn't great probably because of terminology, but we do love the live support, always helpful and answer any questions we have.

Toni

A great tool to monitor events

This software helps us add and track events

Pros

Easy to use, when setting up events, we can add one event as a template and just change information for each following event

Cons

At the end of each event, you have to go in and add who attended, I'm not sure how this could be simplified though

Lennie

Couldn't do without it!

Pros

Arlo collates all of the information we need to run our events in the most efficient manner. It's customisable and easy to use. Reporting is a breeze too.

Cons

Not being able to upload documents has been something that has caused extra work. Also, being able to duplicate a template would be super-helpful when you need to incorporate a lot of existing information for a new course.

Response from Arlo

Thank you for the review Lennie, we really appreciate it! It's great to hear Arlo is helping you streamline your event administration and reporting tasks. Arlo includes the ability to upload documents to contacts, courses and the automated registration emails. We also use an event template system that makes running repeating or similar events easy. If you would like some help on how to best use these features please get in touch with our support team - support@arlo.co

Replied September 2019

Jean

User friendly, very convenient and caters all the requirements of what a booking system should have.

Pros

Able to pull out all the registrant details in one excel sheet, no need for me to click one by one or going back and forth just to see the details i'm looking for. Everything are pretty straight forward.

Cons

when sending payment links, it only shows the email subject e.g. "Payment of ORD 123", the course name is not included on the subject heading that sometimes registrant has to come back at me and ask what is it for, esp for those who couldn't remember about it. Im not sure if there's an option to change/edit it, will appreciate if you could show me how to do that :)

Probably the world's best Training & Event Management solution

Our website and Xero integration results in a seamless process that saves time and enables us to focus on our business

Pros

Impeccable support with a huge knowledge portal and very helpful staff Simple and intuitive UI It does everything we need extremely well

Cons

Looking forward to seeing more integration options in future releases so we can get even more value out of this great app

Dorothy

The best training/teaching software I have used

Pros

I have used Blackboard, Wisenet, a custom built IBM mainframe and many others. Arlo is without a doubt the best software package I have had the opportunity to use.

Cons

Like any software package there is room to improve and further develop things - but I find Arlo very responsive and engaged with their customers.

Karen

Great software package

Pros

I like the fact that Arlo is a "one-stop-shop" for training management. Arlo are always providing updates and enhancements and this makes it a continually improving tool that has an increasing number of uses in our business. We would not be without it!

Vivian

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great value for money & a versatile tool

Arlo really makes our life easier, we use it to manage all our paid training courses and also track attendance of participants of other events. Arlo is quite easy to understand, it doesn't take long to explain it to new staff members and has intuitive handling. The articles on the support page are great, I find it very easy to follow the instructions and discover new features of the software. Their customer service is also great, the support team is very quick and so far could solve all our problems.

Pros

I like most that the build-up and functions are really thought through. They try to accommodate different types of training and mostly find a good balance between pre-set processes and possibilities for customisation. Compared to other LMS (which I haven't used but checked their functions and pricing..) Arlo offers less functions in one but you can add various integrations, e.g. your own accounting software. That makes it easy also for smaller training providers to get started with software and making life easier without having to commit to a full-service LMS.

Cons

For many functions (e.g. newsletter tool, online training) you need to buy third party software and use integrations. As described in the pros, it is great to start with Arlo without major committment but after a while you want to use more and more features, like newsletters or webinars but you have to use different provider for every single funtion. It is okay because many are probably using Mailchimp or somethinga nyway which integrates with Arlo but it would be great if Arlo could offer it, I get annoyed by having so many different logins and having to get used to all the different softwares.

Leo

Totally helpful software package

Pros

Arlo is ideal for all training and teaching needs. We use it to record all of our student and course information and it is an easy to use package with a very helpful team - who are quick to respond with clear answers.