• Pros

• "EMS is a robust platform with so many functionalities. It is relatively easy to learn and use. Their manual and online help resources are good."

• "I like that our office can use this software to log and communicate events with each other and keep track of everything."

• "The system is very robust and our staff could do alot of things with the system. Multiple staff could have access at any given time."

• Cons

• "Because of it's complexity, it does allow for a dizzying array of options, which all require a considerable level of upkeep. "

• "The software is not too easy to use. There are quite a few functions that took us a while to figure out how to use."

• "Customer Service has not been easy to work with (at least for us as Web based clients) and usually can not fix our issues. We have to fix them ourselves. "

Browse EMS Reviews

Taylor from Appalachian State University

Exceptional product and very user friendly

Overall EMS Event Management Software is very easy to use and tracks data very well. The reporting options that are available are very helpful to get out to our staff and tracking events and billing is very easy to do.

Pros

I really enjoyed all the capabilites EMS has with its event booking software. It is very customizable and easy to book and track events. It made event planning very easy when we manage thousands of events per year.

Cons

There isn't much I do not like about this software. EMS does have a bigger software that allows you to customize for different user groups who oversee different venues within the operation but I do wish they had a smaller version of this.

Complex, yet easy at the same time.

We used EMS for internal and external events within our organization. We recently switched to Communico and I'm desperately missing EMS, which seemed built for our needs. We could easily tell what events were internal and which ones were external, what was a meeting and what was a special event.

Pros

EMS let us view all of our events happening in one day on one easy-to-view screen. I could easily sort via a drop down and insert things like furniture, a/v needs, and other information by copying it over from another event. I also liked the ability to copy an entire event without having to do much work. Reports are easy to read. I liked that I could see who created each event so I knew who to contact if I had questions.

Cons

There's a lot going on with this software. It seemed as though some ways of doing things were convoluted, but once I figured it out, it was easy. It was a little slow at times, but we DID have an outdated version.

Laura from The Center for the Performing Arts

Industry: Performing Arts

Great software, not so great support

I enjoyed working with the software. It was easy and did everything that I wanted it to do.

Pros

Cons

I was disappointed with the sales rep for our account. We had been clients for several years and had the software on our server. When we made the decision to go cloud-based, there were other companies that were anxious to talk immediately and give us sample accounts to test. When I asked for the same from EMS, our sales rep was too busy for us. He wouldn't even set up an appointment less than one month out. I felt that he wasn't interested in our business so we switched to another company.

Paul from Fellowship Greenville

Ok, but not as good as previous

Managing Rooms for events

Pros

Very powerful software and it can serve your organization regardless of size (and can expand with you as you grow. They have moved into the online presence very well and we have used them as a company with close to 100 rooms with little complaint.

Cons

We've used EMS for years and i would brag that there software was my favorite to use as a systems admin. easy to deploy and do monthly updates. However, that has dropped off severely in the last year or two. While it is not bad, it does not rise to the quality that I have come to expect from them.

Rebeka from Sinai Temple

EMS

Overall this works very well for us and keeps a large organization running efficiently.

Pros

EMS has proven to be a good organization system for room bookings. We use it internally for a large synagogue where there are multiple classrooms and function rooms that are used all day, every day between the synagogue staff, day school staff and religious school staff.

Cons

The "look" of it is very antiquated. There must be a more attractive platform on which to present this software. Also, you have to go through (sometimes hard-to-find) wizards to duplicate booking details, and it always seemed like there must be a smoother way to accomplish that step.

Bruce from UNT

Industry: Computer Networking

EMS Event Management Software

EMS is used for scheduling special events, along with room setups.

Pros

The EMS Event Management Software system is highly configurable depending on the needs of the organization. It is great for scheduling parties and special events, but also allows for room setup, and any number of included items.

Cons

Powerful tool with clunky interface

Pros

EMS has a lot of powerful features and robust reporting. Their customer service is always willing to go the extra mile to help you out.

Cons

EMS pushes updates to the software at least monthly but a lot of bugs go unnoticed. Some of their notification features, the Web App and Room Sign App/Kiosk leaves much to be desired. I don't always feel that EMS values the input of their customers.

EMS

Pros

I work in a large event space and EMS helps to keep all of our info organized and everyone on the same page

Cons

I wish you could search out certain equipment being used throughout the building instead of viewing event by event.

Loreli from UC Davis

Good system but not so user-friendly

We are able to use this to organize our rooms and events and communicate with each other.

Cons

After years of use we left

Pros

Cons

It was not intuitive. When we had turnover we lost knowledge base. On-boarding staff with this software was not easy.

Jeanne from Covenant Life School

I have used EMS for years. I can do everything I need.

It helps multiple groups coordinate our facility usage here at our school and church. We are able to quickly and cleanly see whether a space is for use. It has streamlined communication about space usage over many users.

Pros

I like the level of detail it provides. You can see everything about an event quickly. You can drill down and create more levels of complexity however you see fit to use it.

Cons

It can be time consuming to really use it to its fullest and add all those event detiails, but its always optional. You can include as much or as little as you need.

Brian from University of California, Davis

EMS allows us to schedule events in our building with ease

Scheduling events and reserving rooms has never been easier for our staff and students.

Pros

This software is a powerful tool for managing all of the rooms within our building allowing us to prioritize the needs of faculty and staff and giving access to reserve rooms for all who frequent our building.

Cons

Sometimes the interface can be a little clunky or glitchy when reserving a room. The interface feels a little dated but overall is an excellent product.

Robert from AZ State University

Two of the facilities I support use EMS for scheduling room for events.

tracking of many events daily.

Pros

It will handle a lot of rooms, and provides details about what services and equipment is needed. The detailed lists can be edited and prompts the staff to ask for more information.

Cons

The interface is difficult to navigate, and reporting has a steep learning curve. We publish reports to support staff every morning because the interface is too difficult for them to navigate.

User-friendly compared to other systems but missing features

Pros

At this time, I am able to complete everything I need with EMS (specifically Web Client EMS). You can customize your reports and easily schedule events. You can also add as much or as little detail as you need.

March 2015

David from University of Louisville

March 2015

Best Student Center Application period

We love it and have been using it since the year 2000.

Response from EMS Software

Replied March 2015

David, Thank you for your kind words and positive review. We're thrilled to have you as one of our long term customers and look forward to continuing that relationship! Thanks Chris Binding Marketing Manager