Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"It is very user friendly. I was placed in charge of building and adding all the information we needed for our event to guidebook, and as a first time user I found it easy to learn."
  • icon"The superb organization and the supreme convenience. I was able to spend a great chunk of time going through each and every event and marking off the ones that interested me."
  • icon"For what it does, Guidebook is very useful. Great at being that one place on the phone for visitors to click to for information about the events taking place on campus."
  • icon"I don't believe there's an option for users to rate/review sessions they're attending at an event. This can make getting feedback more difficult."
  • icon"I have no real complaints with guidebook, especially at it's pricepoint."
  • icon"It is a little confusing when looking for your activities and it brings problems when editing, there are cases that do not save the modifications."

Have you used Guidebook and would like to share your experience with others?

All Guidebook Reviews

Chandra

Company size: 501 - 1,000 employees

Love Guidebooks

Sara

Guidebook for Orientations/Training: Fantastic!

Overall if you have the budget for this product I would highly recommend it. It's a fantastic tool to use for small, large, or midsized events, and very easy to use on the back end to schedule and upload information, but also very user-friendly for those who will actually be attending and utilizing the app to move and shake with their schedules.

Pros

Something that I liked most about this software is the scalability and the ability to update in real time. I cannot tell you how much this saved us during orientation trainings for our student staff when I was a Resident Director. We had instances where rooms were changed at the drop of a hat, or lunches/sessions were altered on start or end times and being able to update their schedule within the Guidebook app saved us and prevented catastrophe of having to let everybody know by word of mouth or e-mail; which none of our student staff would check during orientations. For scheduling snafus like this, it really saved the day with the real time updates and made everything seem seamless and like it was running smoothly, even if on the back end planners were running around like a bunch of crazy chickens. This was really great for CRM integration too which was important to us for tracking/data purposes. With syncing and list creations too, you can really impact things big time. For example, we could use this for student events and track ROI for our programs/budget, and also look at new leads for potential future programs with vendors or groups on campus. The possibilities are all there, and you can really customize this to fit your needs.

Cons

Pricing was really dicey for us as we had limited budget for large training groups. You have the options for self versus full service to kind of play around with. Unfortunately with budget cuts we weren't able to sustain using this. With the full service you can control branding which is AWESOME though, so if you have need for that it's really something to consider!

Reasons for switching to Guidebook

Using Google Calendar for the amount of orientations/trainings we had with large student numbers was a nightmare. Updates weren't happening in real time for us so if we needed to schedule room changes half would not get the update. It was a mess to add so many people to each invite too when we would have well over 100 per session in some cases. Guidebook saved us so, so much trouble when we switched.

Taylor S.

Guidebook's mobile app has the tools to help you pull off successful events!

Overall, Guidebook's app functionality has been very helpful to the success of our events. We primarily use their software to provide our audience (high school seniors and their families) with a mobile app that complements the their time at on-campus events. It allows us to digitize many helpful resources, track who attends which sessions, and set capacities for various sessions. Although there's been a bit of staff turnover the past few years, they go above and beyond to make it right.

Pros

The backend interface is fairly intuitive. I've been able to train my event staff and interns on how to build robust apps for our events!

Cons

It feels like it needs a bit of a facelift. It's looked the same for the last 5+ years. It's not bad, but as a weekly "builder" within the platform, I'm ready for a nice look/style.

Reasons for choosing Guidebook

I chose Guidebook because I initially had a great user experience with them at a conference I attended back in 2016. I was impressed with the software and we decided to contract with them 1-2 years later. The main reason we've continued to use Guidebook despite additional competition entering the the playing field is because their session attendance feature is vital to our events. Space on campus is scarce, so being able to set room capacities and utilize an automated waitlist is very helpful.

Raymond

Not a fan of Guidebook

Pros

Cons

Customization is really bad. You're forced to use their color palette, which doesn't make sense.

Lindsey

Industry: Performing Arts

September 2022

Useful for our conference

Pros

I love that the attendees can access any time and there is a live update option and it works for everyone immediately.

Cons

Difficult to try and explain all the features. But it is what it is and all programs take some time to figure out.

Kenneth

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great and Easy App for Small Businesses

I really enjoyed using Guidebook and will probably use it again. Currently I'm looking at other apps that are less expensive

Pros

The app was easy to set up and manage. Even a non-technical person can do it

Cons

It was quite a bit more expensive than other apps of the type

Reasons for choosing Guidebook

At the time, 2 years ago, Attendify had some quirks and bugs.

Brenda

Worth it for your big conference or big event!

I would definitely use this again! As a first time user there were definitely a few learning curves. But if you're generally tech savvy and have just a general understanding of how apps and things work, you should be completely able to edit and design your own guidebook. And customer service was pretty quick when we needed help if we ever did get stuck (which we did once or twice). Also sidenote: our event was for 200+ people and students.

Pros

It is very user friendly! I was placed in charge of building and adding all the information we needed for our event to guidebook, and as a first time user I found it easy to learn. First, you can work on it and then publish it and make it live. So no worries about accidently messing up before the big day. Second, I loved that you could edit the features - you can easily add a map, a list of speakers, sponsors (which was super important!), surveys, etc. While also being able to customize the features to what you needed. For instance we need to add a project checklist - I was even able to upload my own icon to match the customized feature. Finally, I appreciated the schedule tracking feature which allowed conference attendees to see what workshops or events they were attending depending on the team/track they were on. Very useful when trying to corral and herd a large group of people.

Cons

The survey was difficult to figure out how to use. You have to get out of the guide you're working on and create the survey on your dashboard. From there, you have to ht surveys and polls. Then you can create and edit surveys and attach them to specific events - for instance we had surveys for every workshop, so I was able to attach a survey to each and every workshop we had. BUT the issue came with making sure you attached the survey to the correct event/workshop. Also downloading the data from the survey was super counter intuitive and must be done from the dashboard and NOT the survey area. Its a little confusing in that regard. The guidebook is also hard to edit when its live since some of it can be a bit complicated so I highly recommend trying to double check everything before its published/made live. At least one pro to this is you can test the guide out BEFORE publishing it, which was really nice.

Nick

Simple Setup for Events

Guidebook helped me plan and coordinate a staff PD day for my school district. Users were able to interact throughout the day and plan out the sessions they wanted to attend digitally, without needed to carry a paper copy with them. This also helped me promote our day/event as well as provide acknowledgment to those companies that helped support our event.

Pros

Guidebook is a pretty easy tool to use when coordinating, planning, and scheduling events such as conferences and organizational/ company days. I have used in education when planning PD days for our district or when attending conferences. best part is the mobile app that users get to use and interact with when you make it live. Decent amount of included capabilities as well, that are in the free program, including images, and a feedback system.

Cons

When using with the free program, you are limited to the total number of downloads of your mobile app. I assume when paying this will change. As of now, the free version has sufficed.

Kris

Campus welcome information

We know that the majority of our first-year students were able to download the Guide, so we were able to communicate with them for their first weeks. Families who used the Guide were complementary.

Pros

It puts the essential information in the hands of the people who need it. It's easy to navigate. Icons are universal and understandable. Sending out schedule changes, updates, or reminders is a great feature. Easy for the guest to create a custom schedule.

Cons

The hardest part is taking a nice, orderly word document and getting into excel format to upload. It's hard to put one session with multiple sections into a format that works for the guest to easily choose and add to their personal schedule. Guest can't add non-Guide events to schedule.

Vicent

Write down your activities in a more didactic and efficient way.

With Guidebook to organize my days and write down important things is very simple and fast, it is enough to just look for the app and start to write down.

Pros

The method of organizing for each of your activities that you can save as a digital book is really amazing and useful, with the app you do not worry about taking paper and pencil as in the old school, although necessary but not so practical.

September 2022

Guidebook's local storage of PDFs overcomes limitations of event wifi reliability

We've used Guidebook successfully for national and regional events since 2016. Event managers can easily build guides on their own. Participants appreciate using the web interface prior to the event and then using the mobile apps onsite. Support team is outstanding.

Pros

Not many event apps support local storage of documents in order to ensure reliable, simultaneous retrieval by 1000+ participants. I also appreciate the modern, easily customizable interface across mobile and web clients.

Cons

Important enhancements are needed to make the integrated PDF viewer more useful: ability to go to a specific page number; and within-document search.

Reasons for choosing Guidebook

Ability to store PDFs on each device; ease of use for event managers; white-label enterprise app.

Excellent tool for conferences, training, orientations etc.

Significantly reduce printing costs and paper usage. Allow individuals to plan better. Send updates in a timely fashion. Allow users to interact with each other.

Pros

I have used guidebook for a few years now. Most of my usage experience has come as a conference attendee. I no longer need to get tree-killing printed conference schedules (unless I am presenting, then I want a copy)! The tool is very easy to use in most situations. You can create a registration/check-in for folks, put in guides, schedules, reminders, and push notifications to users. I have explored using it for my own office as well, and had worked with guidebook to set up a trial. I thought the tool was very useful for our work (University - training undergraduate student staff), however, the price was a little too high for the extent to which this product would have been helpful, so I decided not to go through with this.

Cons

The schedule explore can be a little clunky, it will not keep your place at times, randomly refresh itself, etc. The search feature can be your best friend if you know what you are looking for, because the organization system is not designed for any specific context, which means that while it is good for many different uses, it leave a little to be desire in each specific context.

Kayla

Guidebook is Awesome!

Guidebook was the first time that we switched from a paper program for participants to an electronic app. It has brought our company's events into the 21st century and truly improved the experience of our event participants. Not only that, but it is a great improvement for those who have to create these guides for participants. My current supervisor had to create these paper programs and she always tells me how much she hated it! For me, it is wonderful to build technological skills and actually have fun creating this service for our participants.

Pros

The ease of use! Everything is very straight forward and even if I don't know how to do something, the support team responds in record timing. I enjoy the customization and easy drag and drop features. I also love the ability to copy content from one guide to another to save time on building.

Cons

Sometimes there are small glitches that cause me to have to reload the page, but nothing crazy. Any issues that arise are totally normal (nothing is 100% perfect) and are resolved quickly. I do wish that the sponsor cards could be copied to the next guide as they are usually the same.

Reasons for choosing Guidebook

We had chosen Guidebook because of its simplicity and lower cost of use. We needed a solution to the stress of creating and printing paper event guides, and Guidebook was that solution for us. We are grateful to have a product like Guidebook to make events run more smoothly than ever!

Keven

Guidebook user for over 7 years!

When I began working with Guidebook in 2012, they were a new company and I was new to the event app world. Needless to say, I had many questions over the years. Each and every question was quickly answered by Guidebook's support team. At no time was I made to feel that I was asking a foolish question. Their professionalism and service exceed most companies I have worked with during my career as a meeting planner.

Pros

The Guidebook event app continues to grow and become more valuable to my attendees. Each year something new is added creating more value. The interactive social feed allows attendees to connect with each other. Pushing out notifications enables me to draw attention to key events during our conference. Evaluation of our educational sessions provided immediate feedback to our presenters.

Cons

At times there are features I wish were present like being able to jump to a certain letter in the alphabet when listing presenters. However, when I suggest these be added in future updates, I receive positive replies. I also have disliked what seems to me to be a continual change in the interface where the app is built. While it is intuitive and easy to use, the look seems to change too often for me.

Nate

Love Guidebook

Love Guidebook. Simple, easy, effective. And great customer service.

Pros

We love using Guidebook. It's so simple to teach other editors as well as edit myself. Even though the layout is simple, it's still easy to get creative and intentional with.

Cons

With we had more control of layouts. An easier way to put in static maps as PDF files would be great too,

Familiarity and cost