All MemberClicks Reviews

Elizabeth

Hospital & Health Care, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

Absent with MemberClicks !

Lori

Public Safety

Reviewed June 2018

The product is good and somewhat easy to use, but It's the service that keeps us happy.

PROS

Easy to use website creation area. Be able to update our website easily helps us to keep the content more current. Easy to create reports for our magazine distribution and other media distribution. It is easy to create the needed forms for our special events. The dashboard is a great way for my board of directors to view current membership numbers, this saves me time and I don't have to provide a report each month. It is nice having a help desk link to get questions answered quickly. It is also helpful to have the Tuesday and Thursday training sessions show up on my google calendar so that I can learn memberclicks funtionality on a weekly basis. Our members find it easy to use as well. They can update there membership rosters with a simple click of a button. They can add just as easily by clicking a button to add a new member to there roster.

CONS

I do not like the limitations of the content we want to creation, such ad emails. There seems to be a lot of limitations of size and file types. I do not like that an invoice does not automatically update after a service director updates there individual profile list of there active members. They have to call our office for us to click several buttons and create a new invoice so they can pay it. Our organization has annual renewal of over 7000 people, a simple button that the service director could puch once the roster has been updated to update the invoice automatically is something memberclicks needs to add. I know that we are not the only organization that does group membership types. Annother feature that would be nice is to be able to see more detailed demographics on our e-blast system. I know we can see who opened it but additional data would be nice.While the help desk page provides alot of information, I would like to see more video content on how to do things with memberclicks. I prefer video over reading long pages because i do not have alot of time in my day to search for the answers, which is why if it takes me more then 10 minutes to find an answer, I will stop looking and call customer service.

Nancy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2018

Using product for two months and feeling frustrated

I did not have a positive experience with my on-boarding specialist. There was often confusion about appointment times; work that was promised was not completed timely; in fact, some of it has still not been done and we have been live for two months. When the system went live, renewal notices were sent to all my members and they were only supposed to go to the ones that had lapsed. My Board of Directors approved the rather large expenditure to purchase the system and then my credibility was impacted when I had to explain why members that had already paid for the year, were receiving a bill. Even though I had put in writing to the on-boarding specialist that the renewal notices for 2019 were to go our in November 2018, they went out September 1st. When I questioned this, I was told there was a bit of confusion. Thank goodness the help team members have been responsive and have tried to help sort out any problems.

PROS

As the director of a member based association, I contacted my fellow directors in other states that were using MemberClicks to ask about their experience with the product. They all recommended it noting just a few problem areas. I had an amazing demo experience with a very knowledgeable and friendly staff person who sold me on the product. Having the ability to track membership, generate invoices and track payments was a key reason for choosing the product. I hope that in a year's time, my comfort level with using the system will be such that I can realize the benefits we envisioned when purchasing the product. I will say the help desk staff are very responsive and accessible.

CONS

I have used other AMS products in other jobs so I have a basis for comparison in terms of what these systems can do. I would like to see MemberClicks streamline the creation of notices for members. For example, right now I have to create a notice for every single type of member (e.g. notice about payment of dues). It would be much easier if I could create a notice and then click which members it applies to rather than having to copy and paste the info into 8 different notices. Also, I know there are videos and staff available by e-mail but it would be helpful to have a guide or instruction manual that includes step by step instructions, rather than having to search through a bunch of articles. Also, I would love to be able to produce membership and revenue reports.

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Quick start up, great value for the money

Overall MemberClicks is very user friendly and the support staff is able to help with anything you can't figure out on your own. There also also options to be able to use their system to offer a fairly high level of customization for the cost of the system.

PROS

MemberClicks has many customizable features to fit a broad range of association needs. They also are constantly evolving and adding more useful tools. They solicit customer feedback in determining what new features to implement.

CONS

It could be easier to navigate between certain areas of the admin site. For example once you find a certain form and hit the back button you go all the way back to the full list of forms instead of the subset of forms you searched for. Also we are having issues with the password reset feature.

Reason for choosing MemberClicks

MemberClicks had a more robust offering of features.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

The email marketing in our previous AMS was overly restrictive and prescriptive in when you could send emails to your members.

Thank you Sarah for the review, we appreciate your business! - MemberClicks Team

Replied November 2021

Rhea

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Definitely gets the job done

The on boarding experience was great. The support we received was white glove as we had a large amount of custom skip logic questions in our forms.

PROS

We use this to track our membership and it has been great with the automated reminders and the customization in our membership application form. We also use memberclicks as our event registration system and the connected attributes are great with pre populated info carrying over once someone is signed in. The newest upgrade that helps us track engagement of our members using the system was a huge improvement. I haven’t had time to play with it enough, but having the snapshot who is engaging with our forums and opening Comms is great.

CONS

There is currently no sync with other software where we can move contact info to Mailchimp or or grants program Zengene.

Reason for choosing MemberClicks

We decided to pay more to get more. After using a bare bones system, we decided a program that saved time and headaches was worth it.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

It was a terrible system that staff needed help to do everything with.

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Strong Support for Professional Association

Outstanding support not only at initial implementation but throughout our use. MemberClicks actively updates and pushes communications to customers. Their support is very responsive and friendly. MemberClicks is receptive to feature requests that they receive and our capabilities have increased as they have made updates with no add-on costs.

PROS

Memberclicks has a straight forward editor for website articles and creating forms. The Help Center has updated documentation that often includes easy to follow screen shots and video tutorials. Their support response time when submitting tickets has always been fast as well. The system supported all of our needs for setting up event registrations, with multiple pricing tiers by member type and setting attendee caps for sessions.

CONS

Once you select a template for your website you are limited in formatting for creating articles or pages. Access to features such as Circles, forums, elists, and the user profile are a few too many clicks deep for users. Better mobile integration for images to scale appropriately on viewpoint are needed.

Reason for choosing MemberClicks

The feature to cost ratio was perfect for our association's needs.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

Needed more capabilities for event registration in supporting attendance caps for sessions at workshops.

Jerry

Law Enforcement, 2-10 employees

Very Satisfied long time Administrator and User

Very satisfied! It automates several membership tasks and allow us to have one program to goto for most of what we need to do for our members. Customer support team is the best I've ever worked with!

PROS

Customer support, ease of use, automates tasks. Provides bult-in online forms for numerous uses.

CONS

Website development is very good but not their forte'. Doesn't allow members to do mass emails to the membership database. Administrators have to do that.

Reason for choosing MemberClicks

Price, quality of product, features and familiarity with the company.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

Wild Apricot support was not good, no built in online forms, website development poor.

Bruce

Utilities, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Very Good Program

I would certainly recommend this program/software to non-profit membership organizations. I would not under any circumstance recommend their LMS software. We just requested a refund of our purchase for that software package.

PROS

It is fairly simple but robust enough to meet or exceed our needs. They were to accomplish or meet our needs in just a few clicks of the mouse.

CONS

Fairly rigid. While most things are built in there is no opportunity to customize anything that they have created as an option

Reason for choosing MemberClicks

It appeared simple and well supported technically.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

NetFORUM’s technical and customer support became abysmal. They would take days to get back to you.

Thanks for taking the time to review MemberClicks and providing your feedback, Bruce!

Replied May 2021

Lisa

Reviewed August 2019

Designed for Trade Associations and Chambers Business Leagues

Great product, great support.

PROS

It is designed for trade associations - the parent-child relationship. We used several other AMS over the past 10 years and this is the only solution we found that really meets our needs. We're a small association and the price was very reasonable. Great support.

CONS

The launch process is about 3 months and we kept having to delay it as we have an event every three months.

Reason for choosing MemberClicks

recommended by another trade association that had been through a similar ordeal with trying workarounds to make AMS software for the individual member work for a trade association.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

We just couldn't get salesforce to really meet the needs of a trade association. Memberclicks does.

Brian

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Your Member Management Solution... All in One Software!

We were seeking a platform that could integrate a lot of our functions that were not in one place--ie, we were using one software to track members, another to track events, and yet another to invoice and receive payments from our members. This software has allowed us to streamline our operations by bringing most of our daily functions into one software platform, and has allowed our team to do what they do best-- service our members!

PROS

It is perhaps the most comprehensive software out there in terms of managing a membership database. It not only allows us to store and track basic member data, but also allows us to run registration for events, process payments, create and track different member groups and committees, segment our members according to membership level, track communications with our members, and allows us to communicate with our members relatively easily and seamlessly. If you are comfortable with SQL it offers extremely robust reporting options to view and segment member data in just about any way possible; even if you're not comfortable with SQL it has the ability to build reports, and includes a lot of pre-built reports that are helpful. The best part, however, is the customer service provided. They are always extremely prompt and courteous in responding to questions or issues, have a very robust online help section, and are always seeking out ideas for improvements and enhancements to the software. I've never dealt with a software company that so eagerly seeks (and implements!) the feedback and suggestions of its users!

CONS

As with any software it has its quirks and glitches. Things will stop working for seemingly no reason, but will be resolved in the next update. Reporting can feel a bit clunky at times, especially to those not comfortable with SQL.

Christina

Reviewed March 2017

New version is GREAT!

We've been with Memberclicks for a few years and when we started using it we were really disappointed - from the data migration that took over a month to the implementation that took four months and a HUGE chunk of time, to features that didn't work the way we needed. Then a year ago - BANG - new reality! They released an entirely rebuilt database system to some early adopters (including us) and the implementation was FULLY supported (though it took a while, apparently our needs are complicated) and the new platform is great! The staff clearly took all of their clients' feedback and suggestions and recommendations, and continue to do so, and continue to build features and weed out bugs quickly. The customer service staff clearly has new energy - they're incredibly helpful and responsive by email. One major issue is that it does NOT have an API right now - so no talking to other databases. We use MC to manage our complex membership structure (mix of organizations and individuals, with different tiers and a variety of dues structures) and our event registration (we do about 20 events per year). We also use it as our "membership only" website so members can login and self-serve, and as our email blast client. The best feature in my opinion (as membership manager) is the automated renewal invoices. Our bookkeeper likes the way payments can be posted and reports run on transactions. Our communications director likes how easy the "contact center" is to use with the exception that saved messages are stored by their subject line (e.g. rather than labelling a message "BOE Event 2-25-16" it uses the subject line "Join us for nonprofit fundraising workshop" which makes searching problematic.) Our administrative assistant likes how easily you can set up organization-to-individual relationships, and how that's automated when someone takes the Membership Application form online (though there are a few bugs there.) Overall they system is pretty easy to learn and has lots of flexibility and user-controlled or defined aspects. The flexibility makes implementation arduous - you have to set permissions for every member type for every attribute in the database itself and again for public directories and webpages. The MC team walk you through it and can do a lot of the work for you but your prep on defining processes/workflows is crucial. Overall I'd recommend MC - just be clear about what it is you NEED a system to do and what you want a system to do for you.

PROS

Easy to learn as a regular user, lots of flexibility and user-defined workflows, responsive customer service, easy to send email blasts, lots of intuitive features - things tend to be located where you would naturally look for them. It's pretty powerful, particularly for the price point. I like how much is automated and that you can control a lot of it when you have special circumstances. We have fewer work-arounds than I've ever had with a database.

CONS

Complexity of internal setup and interaction between different modules - just a lot to learn and track so you make sure the right members get the right messages. Definitely need at least one staff person who is a "super user" to get it all sorted in the beginning and keep it running when changes happen/new features are released. Our membership structure is really complicated so keeping track of all the different permissions and testing workflows is crucial and time consuming. The lack of API is really annoying, though I'm told that's coming soon. It's also annoying that custom attributes (e.g. our member numbers which apply to organizations, not individuals) don't "cascade" from org-level profiles to their linked individual profiles. MC has an automated member number system but it assigns a unique member number to each profile. That makes uploads/data cleanup easier, but since we have one number to cover all the people working for a given organization, we don't use that feature - we have a manual process work-around which is annoying.

Elizabeth

Reviewed December 2017

MemberClicks has a responsive help team & design/IT team consistently working to enhance features.

We use MemberClicks as our database and website for the three programs operated by our organization. The platform provides us the convenience of accessing one location (per program) for a database and website. Through the database, we're able to house all of our members, prospects, and more. We're able to build forms and process payments. We're able to click a few buttons and access monthly reports. We're able to offer member-only website pages, forums, and social networking pages. There's so many benefits to this service - I can't list them all. One of the benefits that I find valuable (and one of the reasons we changed from our previous provider), is we have FULL immediate control of what is published/unpublished from our site. We don't have to as someone else (the host) to make a change and then ... wait ... We can do what we want when we want to do it with our site and our database. If we need help (or if we mess something up), the MemberClicks team is immediately available to assist. Another benefit I find valuable is the automated functions. Many of the automated features included save manual "manpower" hours (i.e. automated receipts and/or invoices and follow/ups). I also like the reporting and the contact center where I'm able to easily view (email) stats. Anyhow, there are lots of benefits to this software and I highly recommend it to member associations.

PROS

I definitely like the ease of use. The interface makes it easy to find what I'm looking for - and if there's something I can't find, MemberClicks has an entire library full of FAQs and tutorials (including images and videos) that I can quickly access with a couple strokes of the keyboard. There's not much I can't find. If I do need further assistance, I can easily send an email. If I need help faster (even though the email option is pretty darn quick), the help team is available by phone - and they are able to assist WHEN I call. It's annoying when I need help and I can't get answers I need right away - I love that the MemberClicks team is available when I need them and they are patient with me since I ask a ton of questions. Another thing I love is the constant work going on to enhance the features. MemberClicks makes it easy to submit ideas and feedback (and they encourage it). If you find that something would make your life easier for your membership organization, just click a button and let them know. They review feedback and work to make things more convenient and functional for their customers. I can't leave a review without commenting on my excitement for having a website and database in one. It's so nice having a functional database (that operates our membership and financials) that also allows us to control access to member-only pages of the website and forum. It also allows us to use the database to feed our directories. (AND It's so easy to use and update.)

CONS

There are still some work-arounds we have to do. The software isn't perfect for our organization - but to be perfectly honest and fair, there isn't one out there that is. We are a membership organization with a unique structure. I'm amazed at how the MemberClicks team was able to take our unique organizational structure and work with us to provide a functional database. In addition - like I mentioned above - I'm submitting ideas and feedback to the team and I've already seen things come to fruition in the platform. I know they will continue to work with the system to make things better. I have read a couple comments about others needing to do "work-arounds". Unless your organization/business has the money to build/customize a database specific to your structure, you'll have to do a work-around no matter where you go. The fact that MemberClicks CAN provide solutions through work-arounds says something about the innovation behind the platform.

Heidi

Reviewed October 2020

Software is complicated, but customer service always available

Website design aside, I love MemberClicks. Their work ethic and value of their customers speaks volumes. I'd rather have a software system with a few bugs, but a team that can work and help me through it, than a software system that runs smoothly with a team that cares more about their bottom line. Memberclicks listens to their users, and I truly appreciate it.

PROS

No matter what problem I have, customer service is easily accessible and always available. MemberClicks recently purchased Weblink which now became Atlas. In that transition, we had SO many problems, but the MemberClicks staff was readily available. They were friendly and always willing to help. For most people, it can be a problem if you become "friends" with your customer service support, but I actually didn't mind it. They really helped us through the technical transition.

CONS

In order for Atlas to link up with our Members, and to track all of our incoming data, they have to be in control of our website. They use Weebly software to connect up to Atlas, which then controls our website (confusing, I know). So in order for us to have ONE company that can track membership logins, tracking who signed up for events in our calendar, or purchased advertisement (which Atlas tracks all those things), we have to sacrifice having a website we can edit on our own. Through Atlas, we have limited website design access, and the mobile version of our website is abysmal. So it became a choice of sacrifice. Do we 1. have a super cool website but pay a dozen 3rd party companies to track all of our content. or 2. Settle for a mediocre website but use a software system that tracks everything we need. So far, we've gone with number 2.

Kristi

Reviewed March 2018

MemberClicks has an awesome product. It meets our needs and is improving constantly.

PROS

The main pro is the staff. They are ready to assist in setting up and finding solutions for us. Plus this software allows us to connect companies and people in infinite ways. It allows us to put different descriptors on each company/person to assist in managing members. The program has a great search feature that allows us to pick just the right criteria for the group of members we are wanting to reach. Then we can mail, email or fax to these members, all right through the program. Plus we can export the information to Excel if ever we would like. Another great feature is the website directory. We are able to designate which members appear in an online directory and we can add categories to the membership so the directory can be searched for just a certain category of member. MemberClicks keeps coming out with improvements that make managing our data better.

CONS

The main con to this software was figuring out the best way to set up our members to get the most from the software. It took some trial and error, but we are really pleased with how willing the staff is to help us come up with solutions to our issues. We aren't able to do things the same way we always have, but with help from MemberClicks' staff, we have found ways that work for us and a lot of things are better. We just had to brainstorm with their staff.

Abinaa

Reviewed October 2019

All in One Member Management Solution

PROS

I appreciate that Atlas has the ability to do numerous things all under one management solution. This is extremely beneficial for Chambers as there are many Chamber specific features that would be hard to find with any other CRM. The customer service and support team are also very kind and helpful. I have worked with many of them on numerous occasions and they always do their best to assist us. The engineers are constantly working on improving the system and are always releasing updates which do/have made our organization perform some tasks easier. Atlas is overall a good member management solution that our organization uses on a daily basis without always constantly experiencing issues.

CONS

Since it is an integrated solution with many features, there are often sudden issues that occur for no reason but the support team is always available to assist and try to find a solution. Our staff also finds that Atlas can be hard to use at times, and do simple things without doing numerous steps. Atlas is also both on a desktop version and a browser version, the issue with this is that there aren't all functions on either. Some functions are only on the desktop version and vice versa, which can get frustrating to keep switching from one and another but I do know that Atlas is working on moving it's entire management system to the browser version, which we are all waiting for.

Carrie

Reviewed July 2023

Started Out Great, Now We're Here...

Started out great. Now we're extremely disappointed with the customer service and product not being able to meet the growing needs of our organization (small staff less than 10, and budget overall less than $1m). When engaging with the staff, its typically a "sorry, but it is what it is" outcome. Pressured to justify the increasing annual costs without any support from MC staff; poor focus on customer retention.

PROS

It helped us transition from what was mostly paper and heavy administrative to an electronic process for events and membership.

CONS

Extremely poor and delayed customer service. At times it takes days and multiple emails to get a response. The staff are always apologetic indicating changes are coming, but those improvements havent been experienced anytime in the past year. The product itself is not user friendly nor intuitive to assist in managing large events, lacks work-flow automation in communications, lacks standards/templates in communications and events - which requires a heavy administration time and effort.

Tammy

Construction, 2-10 employees

Nothing Compares

MemberClicks is more than an AMS, they truly are engaged in helping associations be relevant and successful by providing many supporting documents, trainings, videos, white papers, best practices and more. The variety of User Calls provide real learning experiences from and with other users across the country. Their team are always willing to assist you and provide solutions for the needs of the association.

PROS

Such an easy to use product. I find it pretty intuitive and the support for training and help are fantastic. The opportunities for customization and the knowledge of the staff are exceptional. I think the reports are very good and really like the My Data Views option. It would be great if when using projects/tasks it could integrate with calendars for reminders.

CONS

Would like to see the opportunity to text members, allow members to edit/update their registration for events, and encompass it's own automated marketing feature. I also think there is an opportunity to provide more standard reporting options without using DERT.

Reason for choosing MemberClicks

My previous experience with WebLink.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

I had used WebLink with my previous association and there was not a comparison on functionality.

Beth