All Novi AMS Reviews

Krystal

No workarounds is not a joke

The intercom feature - the NoviAMS team is always there to help you out. The sprint release notes come in handy when you need a high level overview of what features are being released.

Pros

- easy to use for all age generations on our team - Quickbooks Online integration makes for seamless accounting - Robust membership database with customizations and relationship eliminated need for spreadsheets - Member compass with centralized information (invoices, registration, renewals, member directory info)

Cons

- I wish we would have switched sooner and that our smaller clients with much smaller budgets could transition onto it.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

No other products were considered.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

The QBO integration was the #1 reason followed by a more robust membership experience on the backend for our staff.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much, Krystal! So glad to hear it's been easy to use and that customer support has been there when you do have questions! We look forward to partnering with you for years to come!

Replied February 2020

Benjamin

Great AMS with better customer service

Novi's customer service and responsiveness are the best I've seen from a vendor. Our website and database are intuitive and easy to use, and the chat function for customer support is quick.

Pros

The learning curve is not steep, as it is with many other AMS/donor management systems, the controls are intuitive, and the customer services has been highly responsive.

Cons

I'd like to see a more robust email automation process, separate from the link to mailchimp or constant contact. I'd like for it send emails to members thanking them for payment on receipt. That said, my past requests have been taken into consideration and implemented, so I'm sure this will be added before long. Also, I did balk at the price-tag, at first, but it's worth every penny.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

Customer service and integration with Quickbooks and mailchimp were major selling points for us.

Response from Novi AMS

Ah, thanks Ben! Glad to hear it's worth every penny :) Thank you for the review.

Kyle

Good software, worth the switch

Overall I have a positive opinion of Novi, the positives far outweigh the negatives and Novi is constantly updating the system with better features. QuickBooks Online needs to update their system to catch up because Novi is much further advanced. Over time I believe Novi will just become a better database.

Pros

I love how easy it is to copy events/classes, create class codes, receive payments online and let users manage their accounts. The software takes a lot of the manual/staff operation out of the equation allowing us more time to complete other work. The staff is also great, the take concerns seriously which I really appreciate and try to provide a fix if possible. Sending invoices is also super easy to do and quick which I love.

Cons

There are a few areas that I'm not a big fan of, such as the refunding for membership dues is difficult to process and can only be completed on the QB's Online side not on Novi itself. It would be great to be able to pull past due invoices by specific event/class to email or mail out but instead it pulls all past due event/class invoices making it more difficult to seperate out what needs to be sent. Lastly the QB's Online portion is tricky on certain aspects for the finance side, that is a not a downfall of Novi more so on QuickBooks but since the two integrate with each other that can be an issue.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much for your feedback, Kyle. I checked to make sure your idea about event invoices was captured and it is. Thank you for your input!

A Powerful and Flexible Tool For Association Management

Exceptional! We couldn't have continued our business without their help! The Novi AMS team is extremely professional and quick to respond to any questions and assistance needed. They understood that we needed to implement their platform in a much shorter time than recommended and they helped and pushed us along the whole way to make sure we got it done in time. I could not be happier with our decision to go with Novi AMS and look forward to putting it to even better use now that we have time to evaluate and adjust our usage.

Pros

So many things to love about this software. The main dashboard gives you a very good overview of your membership every time you log in. The details can all be fined tuned to suit your needs very easily. Automation tools are excellent along with intelligent decisions on what to have built in to the software and what to integrate using other software. When using integrations, things work very smoothly together. The main integration that drew us to using Novi AMS is with Quickbooks. I don't think any other platform has as direct and seamless integration with Quickbooks to give you instant knowledge about your membership and how it relates to your financial status. We had very specific needs and use various platforms that we hand pick for being the best we could find for the particular jobs we needed and Novi AMS was able to integrate with all of them.

Cons

As with all software, there are quirks that you need to learn about. Through no fault of Novi AMS itself, there are some things we had to find workarounds for because of the very specific needs of our organization. We also were put in a situation that gave us a very short time frame to learn, setup and launch the Novi AMS platform so a lot of the issues we experienced probably could have been avoided or smoothed out beforehand if we had the proper time to onboard the platform. The biggest issue we have is with the way Novi AMS recognizes or does not recognize users to log in or not. The good thing is that they are very responsive to any issues we bring up and are always available to help with workarounds, and updates to improve.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

The combination of features, adaptability and customer service was what made Novi AMS the clear choice for us. Seamless communication and reporting with accounting and marketing platforms plus integration with other platforms to enable us to do what we needed was key. I like that Novi AMS focuses on what they do best, which is member database management and designed their platform to work with others to do the complete job. Many other platforms had all-in-one solutions but I feel like there are too many compromises there. Consolidating resources was a key goal for us but not at the expense of functionality we needed so going with Novi AMS helped us pick out the best of what we wanted in all aspects of our business.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

We had organizational changes that meant we had to restructure and re-evaluate almost every software and platform we were using. The AMS software was the most critical for us and we wanted something that fit our needs better. After evaluating what we were using and what other options were available, Novi AMS came out on top for us.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much for the detailed review!

Patrick

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Very pleased with Novi AMS

My task to find a new AMS for our association. I had a bunch of demos with various other AMS providers, but Novi was the best. Their presentation was not canned and spoke to my specific needs (like company membership versus individual, committee structures, dues structures, etc). Every one of our needs was met. The service is impeccable. They are polite, responsive, and VERY helpful. Just great folks. They really believe in their product.

Pros

There is a lot to like here. The demo was great, all my questions were understood and answered thoroughly. The on-boarding process was amazing, they walked us through everything and were VERY responsive. I was amazed at Novi's flexibility and they really shaped their platform to fit our needs. This enabled us to begin work right away after we finished setting everything up. Most amazingly, their top tier customer service continued AFTER the on-boarding process! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], from Novi, kept up with me and scheduled followup meetings to make sure everything easy was going well. The end result is that I would recommend Novi for any association. It is intuitive, but also very flexible. I could not be happier, it is a great value.

Cons

I am trying to think of something -- anything negative about Novi. I am drawing a blank. It was honestly that good. And I invite anyone reading this to contact me with questions.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

Better service, price, and features.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

SalesForce is really for very large organizations and is very expensive given the value. It was a bad fit for us. Their customer service is horrendous.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you for such a thoughtful review, Patrick! We are so glad to hear Novi is meeting your needs and that the customer support has been impeccable. I will share that with the team and your onboarding specialist!

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Great Option for Association Management

We have used multiple association management software (AMS) programs over the last 20 years. None of them have everything, but Novi has been the most intuitive, the most responsive, and very straightforward for our members on the front end. Their web site template makes our site look very professional, and their customer support is amazing--it is not unusual for the company's [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to answer my support question--to me, a mark of a company that cares.

Pros

I was first attracted to this software because it was created by association professionals FOR association professionals. 2 years in, I still appreciate that, and it shows in the updates and new features they are always adding. One of the most effective tools for us is the direct sync with Constant Contact--so all my mailing lists on CC are automatically updated when we get a new member, or someone's address changes. Huge time saver for us.

Cons

The least "friendly" part of this software is the reporting tool. It is cumbersome to pick the fields and filters you need to pull the information you want. It isn't as helpful as reporting in other AMS programs I've used before. That being said, every time I have an issue with creating a report, the customer support helps me through it in no time at all--so the confusing nature of this one element is not anything that would keep me from choosing this again.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

It just seemed like it was the right fit for us.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

Your Membership was our most recent AMS. We switched because we felt that YM was a bit too big and complex for what we needed, and it was a huge company that had already been bought out once while we were there, and forced changes to our data, our website, etc.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much for the review, Jennifer! We look forward to many more years in partnership with VAM.

Lindsey

No one wants to do a data migration, but it's SO worth it!

I have been so very pleased with Novi. The team is great. They are always there if you need support, and they are also so proactive in improving the software and user experience. I would recommend Novi to anyone!

Pros

I find that Novi integrates so seamlessly with Quickbooks and our constant contact to be the most helpful feature. Having programs that speak to one another just really helps to keep everything organized and streamlined. The streamlining process removed a lot of potential for human error out of our business model, and it also helped to increase our revenue. Novi frees up our time to help focus more on growing our membership, and it also has great opportunities to create some non-dues revenue.

Cons

They are always looking for ways to help improve the software, so sometimes there is a little bit of a learning curve to figure out the new offerings. While it can be annoying to have to learn something new, it's always great when you master the new skill. They are always focusing on improving!

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

It was called Weblink when we used it, and it just was very stunted in how it worked and what it offered for us.

Response from Novi AMS

Saved staff time + streamlined process + increased revenue... that's music to my ears, Lindsey!! Thank you so much for sharing that feedback with us and our potential partners. We look forward to many more successful years partnering with FCAA.

Therese

Industry: Publishing

Knows Association work and very customer-friendly

Exceptional. Incredibly responsive. Proactive in addressing needs of users. Great sense of user community, too. If you are a small office like me, they hit all the marks really well.

Pros

As an association, it makes a gigantic difference that Novi understands exactly our business, so the software is constantly being updated based on the suggestions of its users. The software reflects how members access and use membership software in ways that larger, more expensive products try to emulate. Changes to the software are ongoing and always in response to actual needs of the users. The Novi staff are always available to help with big and small problems. I never think twice about sending off an email with a question to the staff because I know that they will help me get the answers I seek.

Cons

I'd love to see more web templates to choose from for the design of our website.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

The price, product, and service were all right on target. I felt confident about the commitment of the company to their customers that they were going to be around for a long time.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

YM was getting more expensive every year, but the costs did not reflect an increase in value in the product. There were membership communication aspects to the software that we never used because they were confusing, not intuitive, and just added another communication layer for folks.

Response from Novi AMS

We love working with Therese and we so appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feedback so we continually learn how to improve for ACP and our other customers. We couldn't do it without you!

Cindy

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Novi has taken us into the 21st Centry!

The overall experience has been great, from the design implementation and development of the integration was great. We love our website and feel like our membership appreciates the look and ease of use on the front end of the site. We appreciate the innovations that Novi continues to do to make our program better.

Pros

Our favorite thing about this software is its ease of use and the detailed information we are able to input. The integration with Quickbooks and Constant Contact are fabulous!

Cons

Sometimes I find the report criteria confusing, but it is probably just above my understanding level. Reconciling the bank statement with the stripe fees is a little confusing because everything doesn't always match up perfectly.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

We selected Novi because of price, the "all included" approach and not buffet add-ons and the ease of use, along with the support team and their quick responses to our needs. The program feels like it is tailor fit for our Chamber.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

Our former process to intake a member was to manually add them to the database, this wasn't available for someone to join online by themselves, we had to do it in-house. Next step was to add them to Constant Conatct to be included in our email list, next we inputted their payment in Quickbooks, so, three or four steps are now one step and the member can actually do it themselves. Added features of adding a logo, head-shot, and now videos and other photos are a nice touch!

Response from Novi AMS

I love your review title, Cindy! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and I'm so glad to hear it's working well for both you and your members!

Kim

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

April 2022

Easiest software implementation ever!

The entire team form sales to training and conversion were amazing. By then end of the timeline, they felt like friends. The continued support through their Intercom tool is fast, and you always get the answers you need.

Pros

The website development and subsequent management was hands-down the biggest asset. In addition, having all my member data in one location increased efficiency and freed me to focus on other things.

Cons

Not one con to this product at all! I have not found one component that doesn't fully meet & exceed my expectations.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

Novi has everything I need in one place including our website. I am not a developer and I find it super easy to work with in every capacity.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much for your review, Kim! Creating efficiencies and customer support is kind of our jam here at Novi and I'm so happy to hear that feedback. Don't ever hesitate to reach out with feedback or questions. Thank you again!

Replied May 2022

Dan

Great Software

NoviAMS has greatly helped increase the number of members who have used our website. It has made things a lot easier for them and thus, has made our processes a lot more simple. A lot of registrations for our courses/events are all done online now. Also, it has removed a lot of manual work and allowed our staff to do a lot more tasks. It has been awesome!

Pros

How easy it is to use for our members and the time our company has saved by switching softwares!

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind. It has been a great experience!

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

The front-end experience for our users was very frustrating. They pretty much stopped accessing our website because the navigation was so poor.

Response from Novi AMS

Dan, thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear that a lot of manual work has been removed and the TAA team can focus on members and your mission. That's been our goal since day one and we thank you and the team for always pushing us to improve.

Replied October 2019

Tonya

Great Option for a Smaller Association

I cannot say enough about the Novi team and the process from start to launch. Their approach to our project was thoughtful and incredibly organized with milestones and check-ins throughout. A project of this size can quickly become overwhelming but Novi's support and regular outreach kept us focused and moving forward. We are a small staff with tech-savvy limitations and Novi was there for us every step of the way. This product was created for an association like ours. Post launch Novi continues to provide regular roundtables on their products and open forums to discuss any issues and get your questions answered.

Pros

We're a few months in to using Novi's AMS and are thrilled with the result. As a membership association with a small staff, it was imperative that we identified a product that was easy to understand, seamless to train our staff across the board and customizable based on our unique needs. Novi's AMS solution really delivered. The main database dashboard provides an easy-to-understand overview of membership numbers and income. From there, you can quickly dive into groups, events, ecommerce, blogs and more that can be customized for your organization. The website is my favorite part. We were using a clunky, custom-build from a decade ago and the capabilities we have with Novi's product are unparalleled. We needed a solution that we could roll-out quickly and Novi had our entire new system up and running in just a few months. The interaction within the various cogs of the system has been seamless and the ability to link to Constant Contact has cut down on staff time.

Cons

We're really still in the discovery phase for everything Novi has to offer. Our association has some incredibly nuanced membership categories and ecommerce packages that required workarounds or an additional brainstorming session to identify if these "special cases" still serve our membership's needs. Whenever we hit a potential roadblock, the Novi team was incredibly patient and went back to the drawing board multiple times to suggest potential solutions. We really kept the mindset of, if a solution couldn't be found within Novi, it's probably something we shouldn't be doing anyway. Approach any roadblocks with the software with new solutions for your association and it's a win-win.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

We had an outdated custom-built website and database that didn't interact with each other and required frequent band-aiding. We realized a complete AMS solution would be ideal to decrease staff time and energy currently dedicated to keeping these old products afloat.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, Tonya! So glad to hear you are thrilled with the results and it's been easy to use and our team was organized and helpful during onboarding!

Great management software

Novi is the best at customer service! There are articles to read, informative roundtables to attend, online chat help, and my onboarding people are still reachable even months after being a client. Super fast response and simple instructions on how to update and fix absolutely anything. Novi is always coming out with new features to make every part more functional and internet safe and savvy.

Pros

Integrating into Novi was absolutely seamless! The onboarding team was informative and helpful every step of the way. There was no guess work on the expectations and constant customer support. I like several features the most - entering new members and staff is easy, and so is making changes on the website. Creating and managing events is simple - and so is managing registrations. I love the countdown feature to show how many tickets are left to create a sense of urgency to sell out! I love that all of my members and staff integrate with Constant Contact. I can create lists in Novi that carry over, so I am only sending information to the groups that it pertains to, rather than all the members, all the time. I am sure that they appreciate less emails also! I also like that you really can not make a duplicate business or person entry at all, or a duplicate registration, less room for error, and accounting and member/unit count mistakes. The dashboards are my favorite - I always know how many members I have and how much $ is outstanding.

Cons

The accounting was different for me, not that it is a con, just not all transactions can be fixed or created through Novi. But, after a few months of getting familiar with all the aspects of QB and QB Payments, it meshes well now. I was used to doing all payables and receivables in one place.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

Our state association made the change first, and then other affiliates started. There are 7 of us in NC.....now we can share contacts with the state; which is helpful to us all.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much for the review, Jennifer, and I'm so glad to hear your onboarding experience was seamless. I'll be sure to pass that and the features you are really enjoying along to the team :) Thank you again!

Dominica

Fan of the Novi Team

I have been a user since 2016. I was an employee that transitioned from another product to novi. I then became my own business and my clients are novi users who have hired me on for their accounting needs. I get to see a lot of different users interact with novi and I have to say all of them tell me how happy they are that they moved to novi.

Pros

The thing I like most about novi is that it is so reliable and completes many tasks automatically. It has a seamless hookup with QuickBooks, one that can be counted on to record the transactions accurately. Then there is the staff, they are always ready to help their customers learn. They reach out on a regular basis to check in with them and see if they need anything. When customers suggest a feature that they would like, the novi team goes right to work to make it a reality if it's possible.

Cons

The problem here is that anything I could write here has already been taken care of. Then again, that's not a problem that's fantastic! The novi team does not want their customers to be unhappy and are constantly adding more capability to their product.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

To improve reliability and to have it meet our needs more.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you for the review, Dominica! You have been instrumental in our success with the continual feedback you provide. We truly can't do this without customers like you. Thank you!

Kelly