• Pros

• "I like the sleek, professional look of Picatic. I like that it easily integrates with our website. I've had helpful customer service. "

• "The features for non-profits. Also the customer service is arguably the best in the industry. I'll be using it over other platforms going forward. "

• "User Interface is very cool. Intuitive Looks very slick Not too technical or complex Background options are amazing"

• Cons

• "Limited functionality, but works well and serves the purpose for a novice. I don't have 25 other characters to put into this space. Sorry."

• "I love it all. There is nothing that I do not like about this software platform. I would love one spot to download reports in easy PDF format for my accountant :)"

• "Some of our attendees have had trouble with the credit card process for some reason. although they were quite open to feedback about the potential problem on the site."

Browse Picatic Reviews

Phil from Bow Valley College

Well-rounded event management tool for non-profits, small, and medium businesses

This software provides a single tool for our department of four to create, administer, and market events to our clients and prospective market.

Pros

I've used Picatic across a two post-secondary institutions and with multiple non-profit groups. Picatic provides flexible and easy-to-use tools to handle registrations, check-ins, payments, and communication for your event. The crux of the system is in the ability to quickly create an attractive and responsive basic event registration in very little time. The ability to collect robust, custom information from clients is very helpful. Recently-added capacities to work in teams/groups and to manage events with multiple dates are very welcome. Support staff are quick and helpful.

Cons

Some of what makes the software the simplest/friendliest also causes some restrictions - i.e. the survey tool is limited in its configuration options meaning you cannot structure/validate the data, or the multiple parties cannot register together (parent with child, spouse with spouse).

March 2016

Amanda from Sun Country Highway

March 2016

Easy to use ticketing product with a very reasonable price tag

Our company needed registration for two different types of events, a race/rally and a tour. Being completely new to the event space, we didn't realize how useful the management tools would be. The attendee lists, analytics, and email tools were crucial. In addition, Picatic's interface is really user-friendly. Our team had varying degrees of computer skill, and no one had a problem navigating the management tools. We required support to issue a complicated refund, their support team was prompt and friendly when dealing with our team and customer. Overall we've had a great experience with Picatic's product and team.

Pros

As mentioned, the management tools were a huge asset to our event. Now that we've used them we'd have a hard time living without downloadable entrance lists, attendee surveys, Google analytics, and Mailchimp integration. Picatic's interface is also really nice, it was user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons

There are a few features missing. (I understand that start-ups need to start somewhere and build up) We would love the ability to add time zones and close an even early. We would love to take advantage of their API for future events - a more seamless check-out that looks like part of our website will be really beneficial.

Sara from Magnify Learning

I've enjoyed some of the feature as the ticket designer, but our customers have had many issues.

Using this product helped me learn what features I truly need and am looking for in a ticketing service so that I could make an informed decision on the next company we choose.

Pros

Cons

I don't like that it makes me create the same survey every time I make a new ticket. I don't like that to pay with an invoice customers have to click "OFFLINE", which is very confusing and often unclear that this option will allow them to do an invoice. I don't like that I can't customize the email or the invoice that goes out to customers after they've bought a ticket. I don't like how much time I've spent manually putting in customer information because so many of them have had trouble using this product. :(

April 2016

Gabriella

April 2016

Picatic is Great!

I have used Picatic for 2 events now (one Halloween Fundraising Event and one to ticket an Independent Film screening), and I absolutely love the service. The main appeal for me is its user friendly interface and customizable nature. For both events, I have been able to set up very aesthetically pleasing pages with custom graphics, posters and videos. I also very much appreciate that all customer information is collected and a guest list is complied for you.

Pros

-There is always support available if you run into troubles. I personally have rarely needed to use the customer support because the set up process is very easy to follow. - Donation feature and customer survey features are great additions to the regular ticketing app. - Visual customization easily done.

Cons

- When loading a video onto your page, I noticed that it can only appear at the top of the page. It would be cool to be able to imbed this anywhere on the page, just like you can imbed photos.

Dave from Polytier Software

I've used a variety of ticketing systems this is the most flexible while being easy to use.

I've sold a lot of tickets to events through this system. It is my go-to ticketing system these days.

Pros

I run a series of festivals and always need different ticket pricing tiers and discounts. This system makes that really easy to do.

Cons

Could be some better exporting of sales for accounting. The door reports are great, but I'd like to export out a summary of sales for reporting to stakeholders and export transactions to an accounting system.

Bonnie from Pique Ventures (Pique Venture Management Inc.)

Reliable platform for hosting events - looks great and gaining traction.

Easy to use for free and paid events, easy to manage RSVP list.

Pros

Easy to use and looks great. Great user interface for both event creators and for event attendees. Happy to use a made-in-Canada solution for my local events.

Cons

Doesn't have the same level of adoption in US and UK (where I have hosted events before). My audience/attendees in those geographies are still more familiar with registering for events via Eventbrite.

Sabrina from Acacia HR Solutions

Easy to Get Up and Running Quickly

Pros

Picatic is very user-friendly and easy to set up quickly. Its fees are less than similar sites. The customer service is very responsive and they have a great help section for when you get stuck.

Cons

The only issue I have had is with the map feature pulling the wrong address even if the address is entered correctly. This has caused some confusion with event attendees but nothing major.

Barrie from Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park

Easy to use ticket management software!

Pros

I love the easy to use features and the ability to customize each event to our branding. Customer Service response time is fast with excellent follow-up from our representative. Our issues were handled with high priority and quickly resolved.

Cons

I would love to have more editing capabilities and more diverse survey options. It would be beneficial to be able to assign more than one survey to a category. Right now, only one survey can be assigned to a group.

Titus from Form & Foundry

Great platform

Pros

The ability to add surveys to ticket types so that we can create the right attendee experience. We have used these surveys to provide the right type of swag bag for our conferences.

Cons

The functionality of the Android app could be improved so that its a more useful tool for my volunteers checking people in at the door

Warren from BC Lung Association

Picatic is easy to use and costs are lower for non profit organizations, which is a huge plus.

Easy and friendly to use.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and there are some fail safes in place in the event you make an error. I like the simple step by step process that you get walked through when you create an event. The analytics after an event goes live is also very valuable as it gives insight to the success of the event and how to improve it.

Cons

You cannot re-open a closed event. Even if the event was closed in error, you have to get Picatic's admins to re-open it.

Mike from Off Track Events

Simple And effective

Pros

Super easy to use and doesn't have any glitches. It is super quick and easy to set up events update them and pull up reports at a glance

Cons

Wish that I could do T-shirt sizes and add-on items on the app when checking people in. Its a huge deal for a large event

Jennifer from JENNIFERSPARKS.CA

Outstanding platform that handles my events like I have a team working with me!

Pros

I love that it is so easy to use. The structure is intuitive and it is easy for my clients to use as well. There are lots of features that allow me to host my event the way I want to - I can set it and forget it! Love the updates that come to my inbox and the ease of refunds and the customer support is AMAZING!

Jennifer from Natrolite Event Management

As an event planner, I am looking for ease of use for myself and my clients - Picatic does it all!

Pros

- Ease of use for setting up events - Donation options for fundraisers - Quick and easy to set up your account initially - Reports available to event organizers - Being able to mass email attendees - Comp tickets easily setup and distributed - The Picatic app for checking in patrons - Quick and friendly customer support - Up to date on trends and technology - Choice to pay or pass on the ticketing fee

Cons

I have yet to find a Con with Picatic. I have been pleased with my experience on the multiple events that I have setup.

Michelle from Editors Canada

The Picatic interface is very easy to use and we have always had great customer service.

Pros

I love how easy it is to manage our events through the website. We can gather all the information we need through the surveys and the Picatic collects everything into useful reports that we can download and save. This cuts down on the need to go back and forth by email with registrants.

Cons

In the past we have had some trouble with cutoff times between early-bird and regular ticket sales, but the Picatic team was very responsive and have made changes to address this. We found this aspect easier to navigate with recent events.

A classic site for ticketing.

The features are ample for a good ticketing site, and the customer service is really good.

Pros

It is easy to use this system. It is great it has different features available. A big pro is that Picatic is always innovating new features for a better customer experience.

Cons

The price has increased significantly over the past few years. This has been a challenge for our nonprofit organization that does not make as much money as a hospital foundation or foodbank so it is posing a challenge that could eventually direct us elsewhere.

June 2015

Jane Ellen from JEF Event Services

June 2015

Great Canadian Product for Events

It is awesome that a Canadian company has come up with a way to give events a free service. Setting up tickets & the ticket website was very easy. One does not need to know any coding language making this a very appealing system to volunteer/charitable groups. If you are in need of a simple system, this is an event ticket system for you. I would highly recommend it to volunteer/charitable groups running an event that need a simple registration system with a ticket output. I personally look forward to the system evolving. Currently the additional fields answers download in a separate report known as "Guest Surveys", thus having to merge the entrance list and guest survey list together for a complete report - if you are not good at excel, this would be a hindrance. As well, you can't run multiple events, with different bank accounts, under one Picatic account. As an event planner who has multiple clients, with multiple events, this means running multiple accounts and is inconvenient. All in all, it is a great system that just needs some time to evolve. I love getting my weekly sales reports in my inbox - I don't have to go into the system to see how the tickets are selling. Thank you Picatic - I can't wait to see what you do next!

Tracey from NCARF

Was able to upload information quickly.

Pros

Takes credit card payments and easy to edit. Can pay for multiple "tickets" at one time. For the most part was user-friendly for the attendees when registering, although a few did have difficulties with payment.

Cons

Not as user-friendly as I hoped. Had to contact CS frequently because the process to make things active was not super self-explanatory. Event attendees did get confused as to if they had to bring their "tickets" to the event.

Nashelley from Imagine H2O

Easy to use platform, visually pleasing, more functionality than other ticketing sites

Pros

Easy to use, easy to integrate onto website; good flexibility in design; customer service team is quick to help

Cons

Some limitations in the functionality, but Picatic may already be working to remedy these - front of mind is that with promo codes, we can't limit the number of tickets that can be purchased with that code, we can only limit the number of tickets that can be purchased per ticket type... would like more flexibility with codes and ticket types. I'd also like to be able to view full lists, which promo code was applied, and reorder the lists online rather than having to download each time.

Great design and functionality for event management

Pros

I loved the easy interface and access to important information about the event and attendees. It took a few minutes to set up the event and start selling tickets. The layout looked great as well! Being able to link between our site and the event page was also very useful.

Cons

We had a few issues with attendees unable to process payment for tickets, that may have been on the bank's side but still made selling tickets a bit more complicated. Support replied to requests in a timely fashion to help us deal with any issues though.

Rosemary from McGill University

Always dependable and easy to set up.

Ease of use and ability to track events and budget.

Pros

The ability to track attendance and payments and to download lists for use at events. Ability to create and upload our invitations

Cons

Hard to understand what was collected and then paid to us -v-s what comes from stripe. Would like to see the difference between what was stated to be the final amount to pay out and what goes to stripe to pay out.

Sam from Plugmedia

A good ticket system that will be excellent with time

Go implementation for WordPress and one off events.

Pros

Integration into other website is good. Prefer the look and feel a lot more than Eventbrite. Also, it feels a lot more white label in its design.

Cons

Lack of customisation is very limiting. Colours, labels, buttons, etc. They really have room to improve in customisaton. Also, I find it very annoying that they don't have support 24/7/365

April 2015

B from Edwards Career Services

April 2015

Utilizing Picatic as a non-event service

Robbie has been great in working with me to use the service for our business card ordering model. Overall it is great. Sometimes it gets confusing when you update things and without knowing, I have to figure out how to find the things I am looking for. Entrance list for example keeps getting re-organized so I have to search around to figure out where it is located etc. Would like to see a way to remove an event date so I don't have to show an event date, but realize how I am using it is not how you designed it. Always want to use the same url after I close the event, so I cannot do that myself. I always have to get Robbie to make it work. It would be great that once it is archived, I can re-use the same url as we use a weblink to send our orders for payment. We do not want to keep reconfiguring the url to Picatic. Being a University department, we are being advised that we have to eventually use approved PCI DSS compliant services, so I hope Picatic will be able to verify this compliance or we will eventually not be allowed to use Picatic. Robbie is aware of the emails I have sent him back in Nov 2014

Danielle from The HABIT Project

I absolutely love picatic. I've been using them for a few years and have absolutely no issues.

Pros

Their customer support is amazing. They are quick to respond and the software is easy to use for both the creator and purchaser. Thank you!

Cons

There are no cons. It's very informative and easy to use. The system is very clear and concise. The money gets transferred on time and I cannot say enough good things about the customer support.

Chelsea from Innovation Island Technology Association

I've used Picatic for Innovation Island's event registration platform for years.

Pros

I mostly like how user-friendly this software is. It is so simple to build a registration page for events. I also like the mobile app for registrations.

Cons

Hard to say...I think mobile capability could be improved. I remember not being able to add walk-in registrants to the mobile platform the last time I used the app for an event.

Lynda from Positive Dogs Ltd and Taylor Made Dog Training

An excellent product for simple events.

Pros

Very easy to use and set-up. Visually attractive and delegates found it easy to navigate to make bookings

Cons

No option to provide partial refunds through Picatic in the case of a cancellation fee being deducted. A place is not reserved until the purchase is complete. This caused us problems with a fast-selling event in that delegates had the ticket but by the time they completed checkout, the ticket had gone to someone else who could type faster.

Great service that I have used for 3+ events

Pros

The interface is really user-friendly and makes throwing an event really simple. We can literally get an event up and running within 30 minutes

Cons

We have had a few small tech issues with the service, but luckily the customer support has been really helpful in fixing any issues.

Jan from Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation, Inc.

Excellent customer service, and site is generally easy to use.

Pros

Can be free to me, and is reasonably easy to use. It gives folks an easy online sign up option for events, whether free of for an entrance fee.

Jeff from ACTS

Easy to use, great UX and good price

Pros

I like that the platform gives you a landing page to basically direct all traffic to, versus having to "house it" on my existing site.

Cons

I haven't found any significant dislikes with the software after a few years of using it, it has consistently met my expectations.

Adam from Outlaws Country Rock Bar

We are satisfied with the service that is provided to us via picatic

Pros

We like the ease of use, and the interface is great feature. Stripe payments us a nice feature as well.

Cons

The lack of a sold out function, if we could have sold out header come up on the site after the tickets are sold out.

Kevin from Richmond Dodgeball League

Easy event and ticketing platform.

Pros

Picatic is extremely simple to use, thr payment is quick and directly deposited, and lots of stats are tracked .

Cons

This may not be entirely correct, but in the past, once an event is started, changes can't be made. Luckily support is quick to help.

Joan from CEU24-7.com

January 2016

Picatic has given me the ability to have my attendees register right from our website.

The leaning curve was a little difficult when I first started but now I feel comfortable. I just started using the Pro features and so far I like them. The one thing I discussed with Robbie was the issue of offering Early Purchase discounts and his suggestion was to create multiple pages so that when the deadline for one was over the new one would be in effect. Other than that I really have not had problems with your products. I have noticed that you now have a setup to offer clients your own processing of credit cards. One of the reasons I choose Strip was the instant payments into my account. My small business does not have sufficient cash flow to pay vendors upfront, if I have to wait for the money until after the event is over. I feel this may be an issue with small companies like my self. I teach continuing education classes and adding classes to your list of options for what the event is doing would be a nice little addition.

Maru from Alerces Spanish Preschool & kindergarten

Very easy to ser up, people recognize the brand and buy tickets and made donations easily

Pros

Once you set up your event , the advertising is very easy because the target can see where to get the tickets .

Cons

So far we didn't find any problem with the software, we have been using this software for 6 years and never have a problem.

Great for event management and centralizes multiple aspects of event in one place

Pros

- Amazing for ticket management because I can monitor promo code use, entrance lists and create attendee reports - Creates a shareable link which makes it easy to send to potential attendees - Very user friendly and easy to navigate -

Cons

- I don't like that I feel i need to charge more for tickets - Would like to have more than one administrator for events instead of having to share a log in - I wish they had a searchable database - I wish there was a 'email all attendees' option

Jessica from Excellence Financial Services

We really like picatic, it is user friendly and customer friendly

Pros

the design is beautiful and has a professional look. It is easy to set up and has all the features we need.

Cons

sometimes the QR codes are difficult to pull up on an android device; however this has not been a huge issue

Use picatic heavily for regular classes I run.

It's time savings. It's well laid out, and just functions properly. I want to be able to quickly create an event, and sell tickets. Picatic allows me to do this in minutes and I can focus my time and effort on advertising and getting sales instead of just setting up a page.

Pros

Saves me time. It is easy to duplicate past events, maintain all the settings and create a new event. Easy to pull reports to create a mailing list and the payment integration is flawless.

Cons

due to me always duplicating past events to save time, the current config of the multi-day event is somewhat cumbersome. It would be nice to be able to multi-select and delete dates in this setting. A small annoyance for an otherwise great platform.

I enjoyed the sleek layout, easy interface, and great customer support.

Pros

I liked their visually appealing layout, easy-to-use interface, great customer support, and the check-in system.

Cons

Integration with Facebook wasn't available at the time. Hope it is now. The biggest reason i would choose Picatic over Eventbrite is the sleek layout. I wish there could be more options availble to adjust the page layout.

February 2016

Karen from Unitarian Congregation of Saskatoon

February 2016

Very good

Great product. For the most part, easy to learn and use. Customer service is excellent. A couple of pointers would have made for a better experience first time through: - before I can click on "live" let me know what i *can't* change once its live i.e. web address - more clarity about pricing ... i felt that i had to do some searching to figure out what my ticket price would be, and whether I needed pro or not, and what I would need to purchase (in addition to picatic) to be able to charge for events. One very minor bugs: - in the event information panel, when I click on country, and then move my cursor to the next line, the country changes. This has happened with each of the four events I've made. I've discovered the workaround is to fill in the city first, then the country then the province i.e. not the order you've got them on the page. -

January 2016

Joseph from The Free Spirit Centre Inc.

January 2016

I had a great experience

I liked my experience with Picatic... Unfortunately I did not advertise my page well because I had to use my website page because it has the price in Canadian and US $ at the same time. Now I am not sure if I can do both $CA and $US at the same time with Picatic. Also I use Infusionsoft online for my mailing list, JVs and everything else and I like the people who sign up to my workshop to go to my Infusionsoft and I can do that using Paypal even though I am looking for an alternative for Paypal and can work with Infusionsoft. I have been with Paypal since 2002 and one things that might take away from them is that I can't transfer my $US sales in US$ to Canada so I need to exchange first to $CA... I have now the Couples Vision Board coming out for next month and I will post it with Picatic and see... In light! Joseph Ghabi

Hans from Hans Schumann Coaching

All I needed

Pros

The design of the event page looks very neat and stylish. No need to create my own events landing page. It's very quick it easy to create a good events landing page.

Cons

The user interface is a bit fiddly and I would like to see more option to make the events page bespoke, by moving features around on the events page.

Santiago from Tangoo Inc.

Has been great so far!

Pros

We use Picatic for our quarterly panel talks. I like the platform for its ease of use, ability to customize, integrations, and the fact that I can send out emails to invitees directly from the platform.

Cons

The discovery feature is not the best. It's hard for people to find our event directly from the platform.

Great! Makes events easy!

Making our meetup events and registration way easier to use

Pros

We can check people in as they arrive to the events and track how many people are coming for fire code. Also helps to promote events to other audiences.

Cons

Nothing! I like it a lot better than other apps I have used. It's user-friendly and great to use.

Jarred from aodbt

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Everything has been good with the software, easy to set up and manage.

Transparency and ease of use.

Pros

It has been easy to set up our event and manage the sales. There has been no lag or issues between people submitting inquiries online and our ability to communicate with them.

Cons

I know that this would be in the preferences, but the daily sales reports have come in a couple of times as two reports for the day. I could probably shut them off, just slightly a hassle to clear them from my inbox.

Sean from IFP

just fine, but not overly advanced

Pros

It's simple to set up and use, even for the novice. I don't have 65 other characters to put into this space. Sorry.

Janice from Rhodes Wellness College

Always flawless

Pros

The results/look of the event page looks amazing! I like how you can make the web page address customizable.

Cons

The spacing challenges when putting in content on the page. I do not have anything else to state. I can image that Picatic has so much potential so I look forward to what lies ahead.

zareen from Strativity

Good software, good layout

Pros

Professional nicely made page, easy payment option, quick update of changes . Tickets arrive nicely in email.

Cons

No human interaction/chat bot of no use due to time difference, Change of dates of event not easy to make. Not much customization.

Ratchadej from Ekamai International School Student Council

Great

Pros

The best part of Picatic is that you are able to do almost everything. Scan in the phone and add the date of what your costumer would like to attend. And there is much more

Cons

The payment method is not covered all the countries. But well most of them are covered. That's good enough.

Christopher from Self-employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

Helpful for tracking events

Good and useful.

Pros

Picatic is good--it'll allow you to track events, what you've signed up for, and it has an ability to add the invitation or RSVP onto your Wallet on your phone. It's easy to keep the events organized with Picatic, especially when someone has multiple events to get to each week. Their RSVP form is very easy to fill out. Takes just a minute.

Cons

The main problem I would see with Picatic is that their "add" to the Wallet in your phone doesn't have much information. It just has the basic details, rather than adding the event organizer or anything else.

Laura from CJS

Easy, attractive, well-designed event solution

Pros

It looks professional and easy very simple for my clients to use. It's well worth the fees if you need an external event host.

Cons

A little hard to navigate on the backend. I usually must click around three or four times to find the info I want when managing the event.

October 2015

Pietra from Vancouver Economic Commission

October 2015

VEC: used picatic for 2 paid and 2 free event

PROS: super easy to use and manage amazing customer service great built-in features to help you build a better registration page, communicate clearly with attendees, and create a hierarchy of information CONS it would be great to be able to customize the "sponsors" title -- for instance, change to "partners" would love to see a community feature added or some form of connection to LinkedIn profiles... a built-in model for facilitating conversation among attendees would love to see some of the features that are set for aesthetic reasons be more easily over-rided by design-savvy individuals Overall, LOVE using picatic and have been recommending it to others in our network as they are planning events... don't hesitate to reach out if you would like more detailed feedback.

Paulina from khans' tutorial

I have been using picatic for a few years now for fundraising events.

Pros

Picatic is easy to use, user intuitive and has excellent customer support. Would highly recommend for event planners as it provides a comprehensive report.

Cons

One time a feature disappeared. However, when I reached out o customer service it was fixed right away.