• Pros

• "It ultimately catalogued all the people we needed in one database. Reports were easy and helpful"

• "RegOnline is fairly easy to use. It integrates well into another site, along the appearance could be better. "

• "See Ratings Breakdown : I found the support staff to be quite exceptional at all levels. "

• Cons

• "Would love to see an added interactive trade show floor plan module added to Active's Product line."

• "had problem printing badges day of event "

• "I think that the interface isn't the most aesthetically pleasing and could be redone so that it is more appealing. I think an upgrade to how the software looks could be a benefit to the system."

Browse RegOnline Reviews

Kaylah from DiscipleMakers

It has worked very well for our company, and did most of things things we need we needed to do.

Pros

I like that it provides a platform for us to mange our event attendance, charge participants and manage hotel bookings. It compiles all the questions for you in a handy spreadsheet, and you can collect any information you would like, including photos- of passports, or bio photos.

Cons

We dislike the high fees associated with credit card payments. I really dislike that I can't share the Firm that each attendee is with on the general roster due to "privacy issues" - since they can opt out of the roster, I don't see why that is an issue. Oh, and I wish when I would do "additional charges" that I could put in specifically what it was for on the invoice, rather than that unspecific term.

Affordable, great features, worth the cost

Pros

Our company has been hosting conferences for almost 6 years. We first used a homegrown registration system and manual entries in Excel, then used WuFoo forms, and finally graduated to RegOnline and it's full set of features. The real-time integration in Airtable is awesome. I also like that we can restrict which fields various team members see from our registration lists. The automated follow up emails alone are worth the cost.

Cons

Our events do have a lot of no-shows because of the nature of events, so it does hurt to have to pay a price-per-registrant model knowing that on average somewhere between 40-60% of registrants aren't going to come.

Andrea from Kinetic

Industry: Oil & Energy

Buyer Beware!

I am very unsatisfied with my experience. I cancelled my account over a year ago and RegOnline just popped back in my inbox to charge me for a large amount that they (billing or customer support) cannot find back up for - because it's not there. In the meantime, I have to deal with the un-responsive process of contacting customer support and billing who have no information and no urgency to reply. I sincerely believe that the company is unethical and injurious to small business owners. I thought the switch to Cvent would help, but it seems the opposite has happened and it's an even bigger mess.

Pros

Cons

RegOnline charges for both the registration and, if it happens, the cancellation - meaning that you pay twice when someone cancels - adding insult to injury. This is especially bad considering that the credit card companies refund the amount back to them. In addition, the platform is being phased out and will soon be not supported. Customer support is EXTREMELY LACKING. It takes weeks, or even months, to get replies and answers.

Regonline provides a powerful registration software at a great price. It is somewhat spotty.

Our small non-profit benefited from having a powerful software at a price that still let us run cheap events.

Pros

I like the ability to export detailed reports, conditional logic inside the registration builder, new themes to make registration look nicer and multiple registrant types.

Cons

The software's user interface can be lacking at times, even after a redesign last year. Often you need to go 2 or 3 menus deep to change something, then back out of all of those menus before you can see what that change looks like visually.

Jenny from DiscipleMakers

Easy to use for both me and my coworkers, as well as the registrants, and affordable for us.

Pros

I like the power of the software. So on the agenda tab, as an example, I can easily set up multiple layers of questions to get a ton of information on each registrant.

Cons

Though I enjoy that it now is far more aesthetically pleasing than before the upgrade, it has become less intuitive when it comes to adding headers, as an example.

Elizabeth from DiscipleMakers

RegOnline is a great system to use for registering for events!

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it is very intuitive and easy to use. I find that when I have to register for an event with my company, it is very simple and I don't ever have any issues completing the form. I also like that I get a confirmation email when I have finished the form so that I know what it was that I had filled out.

William from CCEF

If you can deal with some eccentricities, Regonline is a feature packed software for a low price

Pros

Regonline is a fantastic, low cost solution for businesses that have a very specific list of needs for their event registrations. It does a lot of things and gives you power to customize (almost) anything. Reporting is accurate and a breeze to set up. Invoicing works very well. More flexibility than Eventbrite.

Cons

The problem is the interface: it's a little dated in appearance, and it can be difficult to format things in the way which you want them to appear. Most of my difficulty came in making custom logic questions in the agenda section of registration. It was hard to know how an edit would look on the public site, and it was easy to think you saved something when you really didn't. I've had many frustrating afternoons trying to figure it out. But it can still be worth the time!

Simple event tool by Cvent

Pros

This tools allows you to build great looking event websites, invitations take care of the housing management, process payment or get vast reporting and analytics. The way how this can be done is very simple and intuitive with great results. This can be used for small events as well as very big events.

Cons

Some of the features you might expect to have might be missing but for that Cvent has their Event Management Tool which is much more complex

Marci from Rider University

Christopher from Loyola Marymount University

CBA Meeting

I would recommend this to someone else, but only because it is the only registration software that I know of.

Pros

Cons

While the site boasted a lot of customization within the design of each page, I don't believe this was ultimately true. There were important messages that we wanted put specific locations on the page, but we were left only to utilize the header and footer.

Krystle from Salesforce

Industry: Sporting Goods

Great product but needs to be more flexible

Awesome support! Love RegOnline although I wish the product was more functional. Great company though.

Heather from Indiana Dental Association

Choose RegOnline!

I'm a meeting planner and have used the RegOnline platform and meeting management system since 2010! RegOnline is very user-friendly. With zero design or coding experience, I can use their templates or customize them to match your organization's color schemes, fonts, graphics and designs. The best part is I can setup a variety of registration events at my own pace and at my convenience. If I need help, it's available with one phone call. Our organization uses RegOnline for our annual conference of 1,600 attendees and the product offers start to finish features -initial registration setup, event management, real-time attendee registration, confirmation emails, easy event tracking, printing badges, creating mailing labels, hotel reservations, plus a variety of marketing and attendee onsite features. With RegOnline, you will not be disappointed!

August 2010

Karen from Horner & Shifrin, Inc.

August 2010

SAME conferences (2008 and 2010)

EXCELLENT. I would use it again and again. I also recommend to others to use it.

Pros

Easy to build the site including discount rules. Responsive customer service. Price is reasonable.

Cons

My only negative can be somewhat by my own making: since some attendees were government-types, they didn't want their credit card charged until the week of the conference. To accommodate, we waited to charge ALL cards until then. This took days to accomplish. On my end, I'll likely ask a question whether the card can be charged immediately or not. On your end, if you can create a function where all cards can be charged with the click of one button, that would save a lot of time.

Deb from Executive Events/RegPros

Executive Events/RegPros - Multi-Event User

My organization utilizes RegOnline for over 100 events per year. Our events range in size from 10 to 8000 attendees, and from simple to extremely complex set ups. As a long time user of RegOnline, we can highly recommend the software based on it's flexibility, user-friendliness, and outstanding customer support.

Pros

User-friendliness; Customer Support; Excellent Reporting; Easy credit card set up and processing; email invite functionality;ability to use codes for comps and discounts;lodging application;and excellent return on investment

Lynn from IEEE

Excellent Customer Service

I have been working with RegOnline for roughly 8 months within the IEEE account. Initially, we offered our clients the ability to be under our account and were creating sub folders for each conference. Working with Erin Evans, we have moved our client conferences to sub accounts with billing direct through RegOnline. Erin made the transition seamless and answers any questions I have at any time. When I came on board, Erin set me up with custom training to review all the components of RegOnline. The system is simple to use and easily updated. We recommend RegOnline to many of our conference organizers.

Andrea from CSE Software

February 2016

The software provides a good template for event registrations

The pro's far outweigh the cons in the software. We have run into a couple of scenarios in which we could not get the software tweaked correctly to fit the needs of our event, but it was a very odd circumstance. For the most part the experiences I have had have been very satisfactory. Anytime I need anything I am able to reach Customer Support and they are amazing. Our account representative, Phil is remarkable. He has worked with us diligently and is always pleasant and helpful. If every company we did business had a rep like him working with us business could go so much more smoothly.

Mercedes from e-Builder, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Great for smaller events!

We have used Regonline for several years and as our event has grown in attendance, we have found that we need certain features that are not currently available with our subscription. Otherwise, the software offers all the features necessary to fully execute an event! It's easy to use, but could use some more flexibility.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Lack of flexibility to scale in size.

Beth from Limmud Colorado

Regonline for Nonprofits

The customer service is great.

Pros

Regonline works quite well for our annual conference. We are a small nonprofit and we were able to customize it to our needs and the pricing structure works well for us.

Cons

We would like a little more variety in the pricing capabilities (specifically, we'd love to be able to use discount codes that allow for percentages off up to a maximum amount - understandably, a complicated request, but it would help us a lot). I believe that the discount code options are expanding it the coming year.

Megan from Jameson Publishing

January 2016

Pleased with RegOnline for conference registration

We have been using RegOnline for registration only for 3 years and are very pleased with the platform. We have not needed to use some of the other features, so I cannot comment on those (badge printing, passkey integration, website, etc.) The technical support group has always been able to assist me when needed and I found them to be very responsive. We did have a billing issue early on, but the account rep was helpful in fixing the issue. Overall an easy platform to use and we have had no complaints from attendees.

February 2016

Deb from Association of KFC Franchisees, Inc.

Long time client

Our association has been using RegOnline software for our meetings registration, membership, and donation collection for over seven years. Lanyon has worked with us on pricing and customer service couldn't be better. Having a dedicated agent is extremely beneficial, especially when problems and issues occur. I rarely have to wait more than a couple of hours for solutions to any problems I encounter. I highly recommend RegOnline for its flexibility and structure.

Jessica from Equity Trust

February 2016

Excellent Customer Service and reliable Product!

I am a meeting planner and have used RegOnline daily for 2 years now. I had never used the site prior and found it fairly easy to teach myself how to use the program to build registration portals for my events. In the event I had any questions I would contact my service rep, Phillip, who would always return my calls or email immediately with answers. I am very happy with my experience and plan to keep using RegOnline for my event needs.

August 2010

Carrie from Alem International Management, Inc.

August 2010

Not sure what you want here

I would recommend RegOnline to any meeting planner that needed an easy and effective tool for online registrations.

Pros

-Great tech support -Great client support -Works with me on price for different groups -Easy to build a new event when in a crunch. I have built one and gone live in the same day.

Cons

-Not integrated with SalesForce yet

Response from Cvent

Replied August 2010

We do have a Salesforce Integration option available. Please contact advisor@regonline.com in order to learn how to implement it.

November 2015

Wendy from Dance Eisteddfod

November 2015

Great program easy to use

I love this program set up my whole event with out any fees etc ,Fast reply to emails from Australia ,No charges directly to my event and entrants pay a small percentage to regonline , Love that you can customise with conditional logic . Sadly they have not made any changes in the last 3 years and I have been told they are not going to improve it SAD as it could be GREAT with a few tweaks.

Lauri from LAwS Communications

I used to love it.

I've used Regonline for years for my twice yearly conference and several training events. But for the last 9 months or so, they can't seem to get my money to me very quickly. For example. It's now Aug 24th as I write this, and I don't have the money paid by delegates for my conference in July. It's supposed to be in our hands by the 15th of the month. I've called both support and my account manager. Two business days later, I still haven't received a response. Their support for technical issues has always been good. But these problems started right when they gave me an an account manager. Then they made me guarantee them a number of sales each year. Yet, I've had nothing but problems collecting every since. And they don't seem to care very much. I'm now in the market for a new system.

Jaime from PA Labor & Industry, Bureau of Workers' Compensation

June 2015

RegOnline makes our conference registration process so easy.

I love that I can quickly go to my last event, copy and paste and update with the new year's details. Once our screens are updated, the rest pretty much runs itself. The reports and numbers are always accurate. The one thing I would like to learn more about is using the mobile functions. That would help us to keep current with advancing technology.

Ali from Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles

June 2015

I am very happy with regonline, particularly the support.

Regonline does sometimes present its challenges, but I have had fantastic experiences with the support team being able to talk me through setting a feature up, or solving a problem. One feature that I would like to see regonline add is the ability to link registrations to crowdfunding or fundraising pages that are also supported by regonline's back end.

Amy from The Royal Ottawa

January 2016

Customer service, payment facilitation and agenda builder

The interface is easy to use. The customer service is friendly, prompt, knowledgeable and courteous. The payment screen is excellent. The primary challenge with RegOnline is the agenda builder. It is not very useful and difficult to use so I do not even bother anyone. I just upload a .pdf agenda to the website to avoid the headache.

Susan from Shermer & Associates

Themes are not easy.

Con - using the "theme" isn't the easiest thing. It's very clunky and not easily shared across all the parts of a registration. For example, if I choose a theme for an event, sometimes to apply the theme to the confirmation emails, it uses a different per-exisitng theme. It just isn't very simple or easy.

Jenny from DiscipleMakers

June 2015

Generally good! It could use some modern upgrades.

What I mean by "modern upgrades" is that there should be a mobile app. The mobile view from a smartphone's web browser app should be much cleaner and should adjust to the size of the phone (I'm mostly thinking of images). But in general, the software is easy to use! I like the Agenda section the most.

March 2016

Natasha from Richmond Music Festival

March 2016

horrible customer service

We have been using this company for several years since the time it was called Thriva. from the time the system was bought by Regonline we had constant customer service issues, issues with system being down right in the heat of the registration process, pricing change announcements 2 weeks prior to the opening of the registration as well is delays in payment. I had to spend hours on the phone to get our payment. We are are looking for a new registration company.

Response from Cvent

Replied March 2016

We are so sorry you are having issues. We strive to provide quality customer service and best-in-class software. Please email your issue to marketing@lanyon.com and we¿ll look into it and be in touch ASAP. Thank you.

Robert from SWPA Synod, ELCA

June 2015

Currently I am posting payments and running reports through this software

I have only been using this software for about two years now and am slowly learning all the capabilities that RegOnline can accommodate. Our organization uses this software approximately twice a year for events that we are sponsoring, so there are months when I don't logon to the software

April from CALSA

Overall good product

Pros -create as many events as you need -customer support is very helpful -easy to invoice Cons - difficult to make changes if working with long-term projects Membership is still new feature and has a few things that could run smoother

Spencer

Mary from EBR MG Association

Great Resource

Using RegOnline made our conference registration process a very professional, well-organized activity. The product was not the easiest to customize, but tech support was extremely responsive.

Amanda from Amanda Hurley

July 2015

Great, use it for all my events

Great, easy to use. I suggested they add a feature that would really help me with my events, and they added that feature. It's been a breeze getting my events together.

Bill from New England GFOA

Regonline

Great product --easy to use and set up for events. Makes the registration phase of conferences very easy to manage. Our attendees love it

Joe from Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal

green

Would highly recommend

Pros

Cons

had problem printing badges day of event

Meghan from Real Estate

Great and easy to use.

Pros

I like how effective the software is. It has exactly what I need for effective follow through and is user friendly.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve when first starting using the software. Although, it is overall user friendly and I could learn quickly.

Tom from PCA

June 2015

Easy to program most of the time, very intuitive.

Pros: Easy to program, intuitive Cons: Cannot change font size on reports unless you choose excel spreadsheet as output.

Erika from OneLegacy

June 2015

Overall fulfills our needs and helpful staff!

The staff are helpful and I appreciate their emergency call center/ on call person.

Brian from VIP Events

Customer Service is Non-Existant

Stay very far away from this product. My specific representative will not help. They don't call back, after 8 messages. They don't email back. I'm currently on-hold again with the toll free number - that's no better. I can't wait to leave them. Worst customer service of any company I've ever encountered in any industry. It's really that bad.

Renee from Telogis

Great experience

Easy to navigate and use.

jane from LADIVA

full features

Pros

full features and easy to use one platform for marketing, registration, follow-ups and reports makes life much easier

Joseph from Frontline Solutions

Since Lanyon - Major Issues - Avoid at all costs

Parts of their system have gone down, preventing 500 of our guests from being able to register. Avoid at all costs. Support is unresponsive to email and over the phone are unable to give us any ideas on when system will go back up. Down for over 24 hours.

tom from forest runs

August 2015

clunky, slowly breaking at the seems, lanyon are turning their back on the software

Has the potential to be great but too many things don't work as they are supposed to which means it's very hard to rely on. For the service this is a very expensive product. Not very intuitive either.