• icon"The real-time integration in Airtable is awesome. I also like that we can restrict which fields various team members see from our registration lists."
  • icon"RegOnline is fairly easy to use. It integrates well into another site, along the appearance could be better."
  • icon"I like how effective the software is. It has exactly what I need for effective follow through and is user friendly."
  • icon"RegOnline charges for both the registration and, if it happens, the cancellation - meaning that you pay twice when someone cancels - adding insult to injury."

Browse all RegOnline Reviews

• Have you used RegOnline and would like to share your experience with others?

Kaylah

It has worked very well for our company, and did most of things things we need we needed to do.

Pros

I like that it provides a platform for us to mange our event attendance, charge participants and manage hotel bookings. It compiles all the questions for you in a handy spreadsheet, and you can collect any information you would like, including photos- of passports, or bio photos.

Cons

We dislike the high fees associated with credit card payments. I really dislike that I can't share the Firm that each attendee is with on the general roster due to "privacy issues" - since they can opt out of the roster, I don't see why that is an issue. Oh, and I wish when I would do "additional charges" that I could put in specifically what it was for on the invoice, rather than that unspecific term.

Affordable, great features, worth the cost

Pros

Our company has been hosting conferences for almost 6 years. We first used a homegrown registration system and manual entries in Excel, then used WuFoo forms, and finally graduated to RegOnline and it's full set of features. The real-time integration in Airtable is awesome. I also like that we can restrict which fields various team members see from our registration lists. The automated follow up emails alone are worth the cost.

Cons

Our events do have a lot of no-shows because of the nature of events, so it does hurt to have to pay a price-per-registrant model knowing that on average somewhere between 40-60% of registrants aren't going to come.

Andrea

Industry: Oil & Energy

Buyer Beware!

I am very unsatisfied with my experience. I cancelled my account over a year ago and RegOnline just popped back in my inbox to charge me for a large amount that they (billing or customer support) cannot find back up for - because it's not there. In the meantime, I have to deal with the un-responsive process of contacting customer support and billing who have no information and no urgency to reply. I sincerely believe that the company is unethical and injurious to small business owners. I thought the switch to Cvent would help, but it seems the opposite has happened and it's an even bigger mess.

Pros

Cons

RegOnline charges for both the registration and, if it happens, the cancellation - meaning that you pay twice when someone cancels - adding insult to injury. This is especially bad considering that the credit card companies refund the amount back to them. In addition, the platform is being phased out and will soon be not supported. Customer support is EXTREMELY LACKING. It takes weeks, or even months, to get replies and answers.

Regonline provides a powerful registration software at a great price. It is somewhat spotty.

Our small non-profit benefited from having a powerful software at a price that still let us run cheap events.

Pros

I like the ability to export detailed reports, conditional logic inside the registration builder, new themes to make registration look nicer and multiple registrant types.

Cons

The software's user interface can be lacking at times, even after a redesign last year. Often you need to go 2 or 3 menus deep to change something, then back out of all of those menus before you can see what that change looks like visually.

Jenny

Easy to use for both me and my coworkers, as well as the registrants, and affordable for us.

Pros

I like the power of the software. So on the agenda tab, as an example, I can easily set up multiple layers of questions to get a ton of information on each registrant.

Cons

Though I enjoy that it now is far more aesthetically pleasing than before the upgrade, it has become less intuitive when it comes to adding headers, as an example.

Elizabeth

RegOnline is a great system to use for registering for events!

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it is very intuitive and easy to use. I find that when I have to register for an event with my company, it is very simple and I don't ever have any issues completing the form. I also like that I get a confirmation email when I have finished the form so that I know what it was that I had filled out.

Cons

I think that the interface isn't the most aesthetically pleasing and could be redone so that it is more appealing. I think an upgrade to how the software looks could be a benefit to the system.

William

If you can deal with some eccentricities, Regonline is a feature packed software for a low price

Pros

Regonline is a fantastic, low cost solution for businesses that have a very specific list of needs for their event registrations. It does a lot of things and gives you power to customize (almost) anything. Reporting is accurate and a breeze to set up. Invoicing works very well. More flexibility than Eventbrite.

Cons

The problem is the interface: it's a little dated in appearance, and it can be difficult to format things in the way which you want them to appear. Most of my difficulty came in making custom logic questions in the agenda section of registration. It was hard to know how an edit would look on the public site, and it was easy to think you saved something when you really didn't. I've had many frustrating afternoons trying to figure it out. But it can still be worth the time!

Simple event tool by Cvent

Pros

This tools allows you to build great looking event websites, invitations take care of the housing management, process payment or get vast reporting and analytics. The way how this can be done is very simple and intuitive with great results. This can be used for small events as well as very big events.

Cons

Some of the features you might expect to have might be missing but for that Cvent has their Event Management Tool which is much more complex

Christopher

CBA Meeting

I would recommend this to someone else, but only because it is the only registration software that I know of.

Pros

It ultimately catalogued all the people we needed in one database. Reports were easy and helpful

Cons

While the site boasted a lot of customization within the design of each page, I don't believe this was ultimately true. There were important messages that we wanted put specific locations on the page, but we were left only to utilize the header and footer.

Krystle

Industry: Sporting Goods

Great product but needs to be more flexible

Awesome support! Love RegOnline although I wish the product was more functional. Great company though.

Heather

January 2016

Choose RegOnline!

I'm a meeting planner and have used the RegOnline platform and meeting management system since 2010! RegOnline is very user-friendly. With zero design or coding experience, I can use their templates or customize them to match your organization's color schemes, fonts, graphics and designs. The best part is I can setup a variety of registration events at my own pace and at my convenience. If I need help, it's available with one phone call. Our organization uses RegOnline for our annual conference of 1,600 attendees and the product offers start to finish features -initial registration setup, event management, real-time attendee registration, confirmation emails, easy event tracking, printing badges, creating mailing labels, hotel reservations, plus a variety of marketing and attendee onsite features. With RegOnline, you will not be disappointed!

Karen

August 2010

SAME conferences (2008 and 2010)

EXCELLENT. I would use it again and again. I also recommend to others to use it.

Pros

Easy to build the site including discount rules. Responsive customer service. Price is reasonable.

Cons

My only negative can be somewhat by my own making: since some attendees were government-types, they didn't want their credit card charged until the week of the conference. To accommodate, we waited to charge ALL cards until then. This took days to accomplish. On my end, I'll likely ask a question whether the card can be charged immediately or not. On your end, if you can create a function where all cards can be charged with the click of one button, that would save a lot of time.

Deb

Executive Events/RegPros - Multi-Event User

My organization utilizes RegOnline for over 100 events per year. Our events range in size from 10 to 8000 attendees, and from simple to extremely complex set ups. As a long time user of RegOnline, we can highly recommend the software based on it's flexibility, user-friendliness, and outstanding customer support.

Pros

User-friendliness; Customer Support; Excellent Reporting; Easy credit card set up and processing; email invite functionality;ability to use codes for comps and discounts;lodging application;and excellent return on investment

Cons

Would love to see an added interactive trade show floor plan module added to Active's Product line.

Lynn

Excellent Customer Service

I have been working with RegOnline for roughly 8 months within the IEEE account. Initially, we offered our clients the ability to be under our account and were creating sub folders for each conference. Working with Erin Evans, we have moved our client conferences to sub accounts with billing direct through RegOnline. Erin made the transition seamless and answers any questions I have at any time. When I came on board, Erin set me up with custom training to review all the components of RegOnline. The system is simple to use and easily updated. We recommend RegOnline to many of our conference organizers.

Andrea

February 2016

The software provides a good template for event registrations

The pro's far outweigh the cons in the software. We have run into a couple of scenarios in which we could not get the software tweaked correctly to fit the needs of our event, but it was a very odd circumstance. For the most part the experiences I have had have been very satisfactory. Anytime I need anything I am able to reach Customer Support and they are amazing. Our account representative, Phil is remarkable. He has worked with us diligently and is always pleasant and helpful. If every company we did business had a rep like him working with us business could go so much more smoothly.

Mercedes

Industry: Utilities

Great for smaller events!

We have used Regonline for several years and as our event has grown in attendance, we have found that we need certain features that are not currently available with our subscription. Otherwise, the software offers all the features necessary to fully execute an event! It's easy to use, but could use some more flexibility.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Lack of flexibility to scale in size.

Beth

Regonline for Nonprofits

The customer service is great.

Pros

Regonline works quite well for our annual conference. We are a small nonprofit and we were able to customize it to our needs and the pricing structure works well for us.

Cons

We would like a little more variety in the pricing capabilities (specifically, we'd love to be able to use discount codes that allow for percentages off up to a maximum amount - understandably, a complicated request, but it would help us a lot). I believe that the discount code options are expanding it the coming year.

Megan

January 2016

Pleased with RegOnline for conference registration

We have been using RegOnline for registration only for 3 years and are very pleased with the platform. We have not needed to use some of the other features, so I cannot comment on those (badge printing, passkey integration, website, etc.) The technical support group has always been able to assist me when needed and I found them to be very responsive. We did have a billing issue early on, but the account rep was helpful in fixing the issue. Overall an easy platform to use and we have had no complaints from attendees.

Deb

Long time client

Our association has been using RegOnline software for our meetings registration, membership, and donation collection for over seven years. Lanyon has worked with us on pricing and customer service couldn't be better. Having a dedicated agent is extremely beneficial, especially when problems and issues occur. I rarely have to wait more than a couple of hours for solutions to any problems I encounter. I highly recommend RegOnline for its flexibility and structure.

Jessica

February 2016

Excellent Customer Service and reliable Product!

I am a meeting planner and have used RegOnline daily for 2 years now. I had never used the site prior and found it fairly easy to teach myself how to use the program to build registration portals for my events. In the event I had any questions I would contact my service rep, Phillip, who would always return my calls or email immediately with answers. I am very happy with my experience and plan to keep using RegOnline for my event needs.

Carrie

August 2010

Not sure what you want here

I would recommend RegOnline to any meeting planner that needed an easy and effective tool for online registrations.

Pros

-Great tech support -Great client support -Works with me on price for different groups -Easy to build a new event when in a crunch. I have built one and gone live in the same day.

Cons

-Not integrated with SalesForce yet

Response from Cvent

We do have a Salesforce Integration option available. Please contact advisor@regonline.com in order to learn how to implement it.

Replied August 2010

Wendy

November 2015

Great program easy to use

I love this program set up my whole event with out any fees etc ,Fast reply to emails from Australia ,No charges directly to my event and entrants pay a small percentage to regonline , Love that you can customise with conditional logic . Sadly they have not made any changes in the last 3 years and I have been told they are not going to improve it SAD as it could be GREAT with a few tweaks.

Lauri