• icon"Ease of use and customer support. Reports were useful and easy to customize."
  • icon"Easy to use and the customer service is very responsive."
  • icon"We love working with ThunderTix. ThunderTix has an amazing support system in place."
  • icon"The inability to have a store for merchandise separate from adding to a ticket. Refunds & exchanges to multi day events can get very confusing."
  • icon"Even leaving notes about orders that you couldn't later update would get irritating for the small space provided."
  • icon"As I mentioned above, I have been told these problems have been corrected."

Browse all ThunderTix Reviews

• Have you used ThunderTix and would like to share your experience with others?

Sergio

February 2016

Easy Interface. Easy to Setup. Reliable & A+ Professional Customer Service.

I enjoyed the overall experience. What was great about ThunderTix was a combination of two things, dependability and customer service. Whenever I had a question they answered it either by phone or email in a timely manner. They were also very thorough as to what you cannot and could do. With much creativity and flexibility there isn't really much you cannot do with their ticketing system.

Pros

It's affordable with its different ticketing plans, and you are not stuck paying an outrageous percentage of your sales. *Customer Service *Dependable *Automated Pre-sale system *Automated Post-sale system *Works on smartphones and tablets with easy. *Promotional tools. *Easy simple buttoning system even low tech Church volunteers of an elderly age were able to operate. *SSL Encryption on their end. *Works with multiple merchant portals

Cons

I am not really sure. They seem to even be concerned about quickly changing their system to benefit you from their open customer support page. You can see what the customers complained about, and even how they solved it. It was freaking incredibly risky, but also awesome to see how they fixed it. So if there are issues which I did not experience, they probably won't last too long.

February 2022

Crash, Boom, Bang! ThunderTix Makes Noise!

For the value, we have found this to be superior for our use. We are very happy so far. On March 14th, our first event goes live. We have tested, tested, and tested. If the system holds up, we will have exactly what we expected...........a great solution for our ticketing.

Pros

TTix was one of many ticketing packages that we researched. It was mid-range priced, had a very nice cross platform web based interface. We especially found that the product was easy to use, and when needed, video tutorials were provided. They also have a robust help forum, and a support ticket system that is quick and helpful. They also offer a paid top tier support package that we did not choose. We also liked their pricing structure that allows you to move to a maintenance status for "off times". Lastly, we found that the integration with our current STRIPE account was seamless.

Cons

The added costs made us hesitate a bit. For example, reserved seating is a must for our venue. In this package, you must have them create the seating chart for you (at cost). There is a bit of a delay in this process, and other competitors allow you to create your own charts. They also charge for adding Thermal ticket printing. We found that odd but ultimately decided not to offer Thermal ticketing. There is also added costs for using their email marketing.

Reasons for choosing ThunderTix

Web Based and Cross Platform Mid Price but High Value Great Support USA (Texas) Same Time Zone

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Thank you, John, for shouting out those accolades for us! Our support staff will certainly love reading your comments. We realize that there are folks that might want to create the charts on their own, and one day we hope to offer that. Our design team is phenomenal, and they talk through the presentations with our clients to ensure we've covered every detail before ticket sales begin. Most of our clients appreciate that hand-holding, but we certainly can look at a self-serve model. The self-serve model will be coming for thermal tickets, so should you decide to add that, you can avail yourself of our designer. (You can design eTickets now.) Again, thank you for the fantastic rating!

Ron

September 2022

Just the event ticketing software we needed

I really couldn't fathom the level of attention we received from ThunderTix. We are a very small non-profit. But we were treated like we were their most important customer. They get our highest customer service recommendation. Fantastic.

Pros

We are a non-profit that has 2 model train shows a year. We currently have 500 to 1,000 attendees to our 1 day shows. We believe we can grow our attendance by selling advance tickets. We are a family friendly event and we believe that families will find it helpful to be able to purchase tickets in advance. ThunderTix provides all the features we need. They actually have more features than we need. We don't do reserve seating and there are no limits on how many tickets we can sell, within reason. Our main criteria was not having to worry about attendees duplicating tickets and being able to self-serve purchasing tickets, printing their own ticket, and reprinting their own ticket if needed.

Cons

There were a couple of minor issues getting set up with our payment processor. However ThunderTix was EXTREMELY proactive and helpful getting these problems resolved.

Reasons for choosing ThunderTix

We chose ThunderTix based on a recommendation from another local non-profit who was a customer. They gave ThunderTix a very positive recommendation. But the main reason was their simple pricing structure. It's a plan that met our needs.

Fine but not the best option out there

I feel like the biggest benefit is the price and the customization of the software. I would highly recommend spending quality time on the set-up to ensure you're using it to the best of its ability for your organization.

Pros

The customization is really nice -- from show details, customer reminders, and prices. The customer side of things is really clean and well setup.

Cons

The navigation can be non-intuitive, but understandable once you get the lay of the land. The biggest issue we've come across is the inability to delete or archive orders. Our group sales processes including deposits were always in jeopardy of getting really messy on the back end. Even leaving notes about orders that you couldn't later update would get irritating for the small space provided.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Thanks for your great feedback! Since your review, we completely redesigned our entire box office portal! The navigation was completely changed and is much more intuitive than before. You can now enter multiple notes on an order, and they can be both edited and/or deleted! In addition, we made improvements to interlinking wherever possible to make it easier than ever! We truly aim to be the most efficient, time saving software. If you have specific suggestions, I am all ears. You are welcome to write me directly, or you can create a feature request once you're logged in. I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Replied September 2022

Barbora

August 2022

"ThunderTix, the best ticketing software for events."

ThunderTix is very useful for us when we are setting up our events.

Pros

They are listening to our needs much more than any other software. You can also customize your tickets which is so nice.

Cons

Sometimes I'm having troubles with completing purchases.

Rick

Industry: Performing Arts

Great Easy to Use Ticketing

Great to work with, support is rarely needed buy when it is they are quick to reply and take care of your issue.

Pros

Very easy to set up and maintain events.

Cons

I did not experience any difficulties setting up this system.

Reasons for choosing ThunderTix

Price and ease of use. Offer a free trial.

Reasons for switching to ThunderTix

Etix bought out Extreme Tix which was a good system, Etix was terrible.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Rick, I'm glad you found your way to ThunderTix, and even happier you found it easy to use. We think free trials are an important part of any organization's research. Sitting through demos can be tedious, but worse, you often don't get a real-world view of how it works for you. We love feedback, so if you have ideas to share, please submit them to our feature request board. We'll notify you automatically when the idea has made it to development!

Dave

November 2022

Exceptional value

Their tech support is second to NONE. Any time I've sent tech support requests, their response has been measured in minutes (not hours or days). Their responses have been friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Any downsides that we've had with the system has been addressed in service updates. Well Done!!!

Pros

Thundertix seems to check all the boxes when it comes to running tickets for a small community musical theatre playhouse. We don't utilize all the features (like concession/merch sales, assigned seating or gift cards) but the features we DO use has made our lives so much easier. Especially when it comes to customer confidence when emergency needs arise (exchanges, refunds, or bulk refunds).

Cons

I don't know that we've come up with any scenarios that haven't been addressed by the Thundertix team (for our needs)

Reasons for choosing ThunderTix

We used a custom coded solution in the past, but that didn't allow us even a fraction of the functionality that Thundertix has provided out of the box.

Susan

October 2022

Green V

Because of Covid restriction we needed to have reserved seating with distance between our audience members. Thunder Tix made all of this very easy!

Pros

Green Valley Concert Band & reserved seat tickets

Cons

It has so many choices and options that some times it's difficult to decide what we really need.

Reasons for choosing ThunderTix

Other arts organizations in our area were using Thunder Tix successfully.

November 2022

ThunderTix works well

Excellent so far

Pros

We've been using for a few weeks and have had no issues. Customer service on our Enterprise plan has been great.

Cons

Nothing to dislike! I am having some minor issues with Boca and ease of printing but will sort it out.

Bryan

October 2022

I really love the way this website works

Fantastic!!

Pros

The speed and also how easy it is to sell anything through that website.

Cons

Sometimes I get logged out of the website.

Gail

Industry: Fund-Raising

Make your life easy and make it easy for your customers.

I love having the ability for customers who want to sign up on line with a credit card can do so. They can leave a message easily and I know when they get an email.

Pros

I like after you take a few minutes getting reacquainted (we only use it once a year from Dec- May) it is very easy to navigate. I would not consider myself techi, but you don't have to be.

Cons

I would like to have more access to a live agent. When we started using Thundertix in 2014, I was able to place a call and get someone right away. I do not have to wait long to get a reply now, but I am old school and like to talk to someone. I don't like a "ticket" being used for anything that is charged. ie. we have a golf tourn and i am using a "ticket" for golfers. I have tried to figure out how to not have this.

Reasons for choosing ThunderTix

After looking at the flow of other products, I liked the flow of Thundertix. I looked at different venues to see who they used. I called and looked into those products but eventually settled on Thundertix and have been happy for 8 years. One thing I really appreciated was being notified by Thundertix that I could actually pay less since we only had one event a year and other wise did not use Thundertix every month.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Gail, I'm so happy to hear that find our platform easy to use! We keep two users in mind in everything we do: volunteers who may have little experience with software -- especially if it's only occasional usage, and those mature patrons that didn't grow up with technology. Of course, we offer lots of bells and whistles for the daily user or tech-savvy wizard to delve into such as APIs. We'll never hesitate to pick up the phone for those items that are difficult to convey by phone, or when there significant concerns. For the majority of questions, we provide real human support, and we provide it fast. If you ever feel like you're about to hit your head on the wall, reach out, and let's see if we can connect by phone. I've shared your great feedback with our design and engineering teams, so they recognize the value of what they do! Thank you for delighting us!

Glynnis

Not for profit community theatre in Canada

Much more effective Reporting, ability to create own custom reports. REALLY appreciated being put on Maintenance Mode during pandemic. We get no assistance, and rely completely on seat sales. This allowed us to keep alive.

Pros

Setup and use is fairly intuitive, still need to refer to manual. Help upgraded, now most useful. Small changes to existing business processes, enabled streamlining and much more flexibility. Reporting much faster and more effective. Responsive to customer requests. VERY effective pivot to cope with Covid reality - thank you!

Cons

There are a few quirks, like the combination of Public Tickets in a Private event. And others. Read the manual, search the Help. You are most responsive to customer requests, so any issues are quickly and satisfactorily resolved.

Customer recommendation.

Reasons for switching to ThunderTix

Ticketing was much too expensive, we barely had any money over from a run to fund operating costs.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

I appreciate your feedback, Glynnis, especially with our response to Covid. Interestingly, some of those features we built to meet that challenge will stick around like timed seating and bulk refunds to a gift card, because our clients love them. (On the other hand, I hope that automated social distancing won't be necessary in the very near future!) When I read "public tickets for private events", even I was taken aback! I then realized that for some of our clients, they want to set up an entire event but hide it from view by making the event private. So, the concept is definitely confusing but appreciated by those who use it. I'm thrilled to hear you love our pricing. Most of our clients love that they can completely defray the cost of ticketing with a very small fee of under $1 which positively cannot be beat. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Renae

Industry: Performing Arts

December 2021

Simple, Straightforward Ticketing with Excellent Support

The experience has been very positive over all. I find that other ticketing software I have used make it possible to do everything and impossible to do anything. They get so bogged down in customizability that it makes it very difficult to make the most basic thing a ticketing software needs: the ability to sell tickets. Our organization is a small, 100% volunteer community theatre. Without staff, using a software that has a million bells and whistles but takes months to master just wasn't an option for us. ThunderTix was immediately very easy to use. Once I did about an hour's worth of set up and purchasing, sent in our seating map, and uploaded our contact list, everything was really straight forward and intuitive. Not to mention, for moments where something might not be as clear, there's a unique amount of amazing documentation and videos provided by the staff that make it a lot easier for our volunteers. Their support is awesome and they take recommendations and bug reports really seriously. It sort of has a "local business" feel to it.

Pros

ThunderTix is cost-effective compared to other options on the market. It's easy to use with intuitive and thoughtful configuration. The design is empathetic and prioritizes access in a way that is refreshing for ticket software. The support is outstanding and their documentation is comprehensive. Our customers think the process is seamless and clear, and we have had no reports of a negative customer experience to date.

Cons

Support is awesome, but figuring out how to contact them can get convoluted because it's clear they want to lead you to their truly excellent documentation first. That's fine for "how do I" style questions, but makes reporting bugs pretty difficult. When we were setting up ThunderTix, it kind of felt like we were paying for every little thing: venue configuration, having reserved tickets, purchasing our POS equipment, etc.-- we didn't feel misled by the indicated pricing on the website, though, simply because those are primarily one time expenses.

Reasons for choosing ThunderTix

Cost and simplicity were our biggest determining factors. We enjoyed the trial and the sales rep we worked with was very kind, helpful, and wasn't at all pushy.

Reasons for switching to ThunderTix

Vendini was acquired by AudienceView, and they bumped up the cost astronomically during the acquisition. Also, I was formerly a box office manager as a profession and I worked in AudienceView Unlimited. I knew it was overly complicated and would cause many headaches for our volunteers, so I wanted to try to streamline while also saving some money as well.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

I love the fact that you find our system easy for volunteers to use, Renae! Our design team spends a huge time on little things to make it easy. And how about those support reps? They are anything but unsung heroes to our clients, and I know they'll appreciate your words. So, thank you! I'm truly sorry you felt dinged by small fees. We really strive to be the perfect price point for smaller organizations, so we obviously have some work to do to explain any extras. Some costs such as hardware of course, are required to be passed on to the customer. By venue configuration, perhaps you mean the seating chart setup. We are looking at DIY processes to allow you to create them on your own, but we're not there yet. We'll keep improving areas for self-help to help small organizations feel confident in their choices. Thank you for your valuable feedback and, of course, your stellar rating.

Lauren

Customer Service A+

We have been using Thundertix for nearly three years, and have been big fans of the software from the beginning, but their response to changing needs during the COVID-19 crisis have made us ThunderTix fans for life. The Thundertix team has quickly and efficiently continued to add new features that are critical during this time. The newly added options to bulk refund tickets to gift certificates and add automated social distancing seating charts are GAME CHANGERS for our industry right now. They have saved our staff hours of time and energy by implementing easy to use, effective features. Plus, they are in my opinion the absolute best bang for your buck that you can get in a ticketing software. They have lower per ticket rates than most of their competitors with superior service.

Pros

The software is incredibly user friendly. The low per ticket cost was the greatest deciding factor for us, but we have been wowed by their customer service and breadth of features. We are a non-profit theatre company that operates 10 small venues (sub 300 seats). Things we love: assigned seating, easy transfer and refund options, PDF tickets, unlimited user accounts (we have lots of ticketing volunteers), integrated email, offer to round up to nearest $5 for donation, bulk discount code creation, season tickets, pre and post event surveys.

Cons

We would like to see more versatility within season tickets, such as creating season or package tickets across multiple venues. We would like to see additional versatility with coupon codes, such as creating a code that can be used only once per person.

Reasons for choosing ThunderTix

Price. Thundertix provided the features we needed at a very low cost per ticket.

Reasons for switching to ThunderTix

We needed a more robust system that could offer assigned seating and print-at-home tickets.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

I read that Covid gave companies a chance to shine by innovating to help meet clients through a very uncertain future. Proclaiming you are ThunderTix fans for life suggests we took that idea to heart -- and succeeded! Thank you for recognizing the contributions our engineering team made. Of course, pivoting took some wind out of our sails with respect to our product road map. But I'm thrilled to share that today, we support mixed general and reserved seating over multiple seat maps for season package tickets. Hopefully, as doors begin to open, you're enjoying those changes. Your ideas help sway our direction, so please share your coupon ideas on our feature request board. I'll cross my fingers that they become part of our platform. Thank you for your beautiful comments!

Melanie

Thundertix is not just a software program - it is a community.

Overall our experience is excellent. We are very happy with this product!

Pros

We love working with ThunderTix. ThunderTix has an amazing support system in place. It is like having another team member in the office that you can go to and say 'this isn't working for me, can you do something about it?' And they say Yes - And then they do it!! This past Friday I contacted ThunderTix Support with a feature request and they had it sorted out by the time I got back to the office on Monday. Their team truly listens to what their users want. It is as though we are building the software together. You can tell the people behind the program truly care about it and about our business. ThunderTix is not just a software program - it is a community. ThunderTix is constantly adding features (requested and voted on by their users) to give more value to the product. I love opening up the program and learning about the features and tweaks other users want to see and then to watch as ThunderTix takes actions on making those changes and updates. Specific features of the software we like include: selling gift certificates online, integration with our website and with others like mailchimp, donation options on checkout, coupons, and automatic emailing. ThunderTix was very easy to learn and also very easy for me to then train others on. And whenever I get lost I know that their Support will respond to my emails within minutes. Literally minutes. That's what I like best about ThunderTix: knowing that they have my back.

Cons

If I had to pick something - converting my monthly invoices from USD to CAD but really that's not an issue.

Reasons for choosing ThunderTix

Cost and support were driving factors initially.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

The day we shared your words with our team, "ThunderTix is not just a software program - it is a community", we heard a collective sound of happiness. And THAT is what keeps us going. We love to think of ourselves as YOUR team, and we work to try to solve problems outside of simply ticketing. It's what has our clients staying with us for over 15 years since we started. Thank you for making our day!

Kirsten

For the New Employee

The program, for the money, delivers a fantastic product. It is dependable and most of what we want to do with it is available. Also, it is always improving with regular updates that make it even more robust and user-friendly.

Pros

As a new employee, I appreciated that, since the previous employee had already loaded it with events, I was up and running from day 1. I could navigate to what I needed and I could sell tickets without too much training. I haven't preloaded and posted a whole season of events yet, but I have added additional performances to existing shows and I've added the occasional event. Once you've done it, it is a fairly simple process. Also, in the short amount of time that I have been using Thundertix I have seen multiple updates and improvements made to the software that were either beneficial for me or they were changes that I could see would be helpful to someone in a slightly different business or industry. The software seems to always be improving.

Cons

I don't like the coupon and discount limitations. For example, we can't offer a percent off the entire transaction, without manually discounting the purchase. Also, I am frustrated that I can't just call someone who knows the software well. The FAQ's are extensive, but if you aren't familiar with the vocabulary used within the system, you spend a lot of time trying to figure out what words to use for a successful search.

Reasons for choosing ThunderTix

I know cost was a big deciding factor. We are a big enough company that selling tickets manually is difficult to keep track of, but we are small enough that we can't spend money on features we won't use. Thundertix would do what we needed for less.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Hi Kirsten! Thanks for your great feedback about how easy it was to get started with ThunderTix! I wanted to let you know that you can absolutely create a coupon to offer a percent off the entire transaction. Next time you create a coupon, look for the option that says, Select the manner in which your customers should use the coupon and choose, "Limit Usage to Once per Order". We also have a Coupons Video Tutorial that you might find helpful here: https://www.thundertix.com/videos/create-event-coupons/ Our support team is incredibly knowledgable with every facet of the platform, so if you ever have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us to save time searching through the public support forum. We also offer an option for phone support as an annual add-on to any service plan, if interested.

Replied September 2019