What are Tix users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Tix software through verified user reviews

Browse all Tix Reviews

• Have you used Tix and would like to share your experience with others?

Katie

Industry: Environmental Services

August 2022

Tix Review

I had a great experience using Tix, and I am very thankful for all the help I received from our [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was very knowledgeable about Tix, and she was incredibly helpful during the process of setting up our account, creating our events, and generating reports. Her prompt responses to questions were greatly appreciated!

Pros

The Tix software is fairly simple and easy to use.

Cons

The software was easy to use, and I don't have any recommendations for improvement.

MaryEllen

June 2022

Tix.com has been a Game Changer for us...

Overall Experience: Wonderful. Marvelous. Game Changing. I am now able to do many things that I could not do before: -Number one is that I have someone I can call with ideas, questions, problems, issues. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]always answers the phone, and she always helps me. -I can alert the kitchen to know how many fans are coming to the game tonight, so they know how many hot dogs to prepare, or how many pizzas to order. -I can measure trends in attendance - which Visiting Teams attract better crowds. -I can easily report our ticket sales and expected revenue for cash flow purposes. -I can know which games have more kids coming, or more adults...we can tailor to the expected crowd. So many metrics are available to our organization that we just never had before.

Pros

Tix.com has been a Game Changer for Humboldt Crabs Baseball. We started contactless ticketing during the Covid pandemic, and Tix.com was the software that made the most sense for us. We reviewed other software choices, and the customer service, user-focus, and fast set up was just not there. We have CONTINUED with Tix.com for many reasons, but I would especially highlight the EXCEPTIONAL, WORLD CLASS customer service. We have a Tix Account Manager who always answers the phone when I call. She knows me. She knows how to fix my issues. Also important is the ease of getting up and running quickly on this platform, the ability to track our sales in real-time, and the ability to easily produce informative reports.

Cons

Sometimes the database is slow to navigate. Sometimes this happens when I am sorting through large amounts of records and I don't really know what I am looking for ( trying to help a customer of mine when they have messed up a purchase ). Once in a while I need to call with an urgent problem when it is "after hours". We are a baseball team and our games are often at night. We have been locked out of the database when fans are streaming into the ballpark, and it can take a while to get help in these situations. Minutes are critical to us when the gates open. The person who answers the phone has to collect a lot of information from me about my account and what the problem is, and then the person who can help takes time to call back. I get it. But if there were a way to streamline this process, it would avoid a critical cardiac event on my part. Maybe if I had a User Code or a User Number that would be "one stop shopping" for delivering the critical information about my account to the Helpers on the other end of the line...? Dunno. It does not happen often, so it's not a deal-breaker by any means. When I finally get to the helper-person, they are always helpful. I will say that some of it is a training issue on our side, but faster/more responsive connection to helpers "after hours" would be a definite plus.

Reasons for choosing Tix

No other product had the ease of implementation (quick to set up, quick to learn), combined with great customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], our Tix Account Manager, is a major, major reason that Tix.com has been such a success for us. When I call, she answers the phone. When I am in trouble, she helps. When I screw stuff up, she fixes it or helps me understand what needs to be done. Other products leave you on your own, or assume you have a dedicated person to manage ticketing. For me, ticketing is one tiny slice of what I do. Tix.com is quick, easy and intuitive, and has awesome, helpful people like Iris...all of these features are CRITICAL for our organization.

Reasons for switching to Tix

We had worked with Vendini for several years in a limited way. We offered online ticketing as an option for folks who wanted that, but we also sold tickets at the gate ( which we no longer do). Vendini was fine, but they sold out to AudienceView. AudienceView was impossible to implement in a timely fashion - no customer service, slow response to problems, every time I called there was a different person )if they even answered the phone), so I had to start from scratch with every issue. They were terrible.

Mari

April 2016

Personal interaction with staff is excellent, navigation of site not easy.

Cannot easily find solutions to problems on our own, generally must call and speak with rep to get answer - it works if its during office hours but not on weekends or evenings. At times feel as though I'm going in a circle.

Response from Tix

Mari, thank you for your feedback. We offer a number of different tools that are available to help you maximize your use of our system, including a Knowledge Base, video tutorials, and onboarding emails. Additionally, our system features online, contextual help from within our various programs and reports. With respect to our availability, we offer 24/7 support at no cost - we can be reached outside of our office hours by calling our Support number. Thanks again for your feedback - we welcome the opportunity to help you get the most out of Tix. Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.

Replied April 2016

Stacey

Industry: Fine Art

Tix makes ticketing easy

Pros

Mobile Opera began using Tix a year ago and from the beginning it was really helpful. The setup is intuitive and the processes are logical. The ease with which customers can navigate the ticketing process and the development tools for renewals and patron contact have improved our process greatly. The growth in early ticket sales in just our second year is impressive. Also, Tix' customer service is excellent with courteous representatives who are responsive and really know the answers. Tix is well worth the reasonable price.

Cons

WE are pleased with Tix and do not wish to publicly review features that we are still learning of. You require an answer here but we prefer to address any questions or concerns to Tix directly.

Reasons for switching to Tix

We wanted an easier process that was more responsive to our development needs rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Tix is very flexible.

Laura

Industry: Performing Arts

May 2022

Easy to use, fantastic support!

Tix has been a breath of fresh air for our ticket office after coming from AudienceView Professional. The software was easy to learn and get set up with and is surprisingly feature-rich, bringing us more options and more advanced options to work with. Couple this with truly great customer support from not only our Tix rep, but also the support and development teams, and you have a ticketing system that probably isn't beatable for the price!

Pros

Excellent tools for setting up events quickly and easily, including great discount and email management programs that make applying the same setting to multiple events a breeze! User interface for administrators and users (ticket-buyers) is straightforward and clean. Customer support is fantastic!

Cons

Reporting is different from what we are used to. There are a lot of different reports, and figuring out what we needed for our accounting has taken some time. That being said, we are very particular with our accounting, so this may not be a problem for other institutions.

Monica

May 2022

Tix is a great partner for our venue

The personalized service we receive makes Tix a valuable partner in operating a successful venue. As a local government-owned facility, cost controls are not only important; they are subject to governmental review. Tix offers all desired features at a demonstrably competitive price.

Pros

Tix is easy to use for staff and customers. I have shopped the competition and appreciate the pricing and service that Tix provides. We benefit from Tix keeping our venue in focus throughout the customer interaction with landing pages etc. reflecting our name in the forefront.

Cons

Not all of the features of some legacy reports have been integrated into the newer reports that can be created. Some minor features (like changeable tax rates and ticket text for printing) are not as easy for us to adjust, fortunately [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always happy to make changes for us.

Thomas

Fantastic Service

We are a performing arts venue of around 600 seats. I spent a lot of time asking colleagues thoughts on what ticket selling service to choose. I received quite a few options, but after doing my homework, we went with tix. Some of those colleagues had to regroup when their service changed prices or closed down entirely. I've been happy with tix since day one. Questions get answered promptly. We use volunteers (retirees) to staff our box office and, to be honest, they can struggle with all things computerized. It's been so helpful that tix emphasizes their approach of prompt problem solving, no judgement, make it easy to get the job accomplished.

Pros

We've used tix for several years now, after doing much research on other ticket selling services. I find that it's easy to navigate, there is outstanding support and I've never had a question that wasn't fully answered promptly. The reports are complete and help us market and manage with ease. tix provides us with a comprehensive service for our venue.

Cons

I really don't have anything that I could list here.

Reasons for choosing Tix

tix provided a comprehensive service. I also think it's important to note, that I do not have a contract for this service. If I was unhappy, I could switch in a millisecond. Guess what? The thought of leaving to another service has never crossed my mind - I'm totally satisfied and have been since day one.

June 2022

Great solution for your event needs!

Tix takes out a lot of headache and small details in setting up your ticketed events. I like it a lot!

Pros

Once you set up an event, it's fairly easy to duplicate and set up any future events for each individual location. The Tix software looks like it's a part of our site once integrated.

Cons

I think it just takes some time to figure out how to make any updated changes to a new event without making changes to any previous events from the same venue or same production.

Ease of use and time.

Reasons for switching to Tix

The payout from BrownPaperTickets wasn't until after the end of the entire production. Although, you could get some payouts prior to this, the cost would have gone up for the service.

Shadoe

Industry: Fine Art

Thoroughly enjoy tix!

My overall experience with TIX has been a great one and Iris has been a wonderful human to work with.

Pros

User friendly and ease of use and customizability to fit our needs.

Cons

I don't have any cons for tix at this time.

Reasons for choosing Tix

The ability to customize tix.com to fit our needs coupled with the affordability and use of data analytics.

matthew

Industry: Restaurants

June 2022

Tix is Fantastic for venues and restaurants

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] makes our experience fantastic. She is always there to assist us and educate us.

Pros

It is easy to navigate and links well with our websites, social media and POS

Cons

There is nothing we would recommend to change or alter at this time

n/a

Beatriz

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Tix Cares! *Best ticketing Company...Bar none.

I had no background on ticketing systems, Tix manager took me under his wing and now I can create events in minutes. Our reo gives a personalized customer service, based on your company's needs. He's patient and he has a great team, he's the very definition of a good manager. Experiencing a big ticketing company right now and it's disappointing of how poor the training and the customer service is. when you think of a big corporation you think they'll have and provide all tools needed to succeed. In reality, they care about the high fees and selling but not caring how it gets done. Tix cares about the success on both parties and they care about customers providing low fees. Each account is a priority to Tix, they help as much as they can. To a big company, 1 account is nothing, and they make you do the job for them. Tix also cares when creating a new venue map, their team must be geniuses because all I have to do is send them a PDF and they do the rest (at no cost), at the same time they let you know if something doesn't look right of if you missed a row or a seat number. They've saved me from a few mistakes and embarrassment, instead they help me succeed and look good to my superiors. If you're looking for a ticketing company Tix is the right choice. No question is stupid or not important to our rep, he never acts like he is too good to answer he never makes you call the appropriate person to help you, if you have an issue he's there. Thank you!

Pros

Customer service is the BEST! No words can describe the amazing service Tix provides. User friendly, reports can be customized, access to everything we need to create events. Creating a new venue couldn't be any easier! Service fees are the lowest. They are caring and patient, they listen to your needs and give you ideas on how create a better event than what you had in mind.

Cons

Not many people know about Tix. If more people knew, Tix would be the #1 ticketing system in the world!

Carleton

April 2016

Couldn't be more pleased with Tix, Inc.'s web based Box Office software!

After much research into the various vendors for on-line ticket sales, Zanesville Community Theatre, Inc., a small community theatre in Zanesville, Oh, made the leap into on-line and and off-line credit card sales in June 2004 with Tix, Inc. At the time, ZCT didn't have the CC transactions necessary to support our own merchant account. Tix, Inc. supported us with their merchant account. Furthermore, our representative (Silvia Mahoney) since day one has been patient with us and helped us to go from a completely manual (and time consuming) method of selling tickets to a method using on-line sales and off-line box office sales. Picking their own seats is very popular with our customers. We print our tickets on-demand to mail to our customers or hold for pickup. The Tix, Inc. Box Office software interfaces well with the Boca Systems ticket printers we use. Fiscal reports are much easier and take much less time than the manual method we used to use. Since June 2004, we now process over 80%-95% of our sales in CCs both on-line (card-not-present) and Box Office (card-present) using Tix, Inc.'s Box Office software. Due to our increased volume in CC sales, we recently switched to our own merchant account. As the Tix, Inc. Box Office software is web based, ZCT's Box Office staff can work at home to process ticket orders. Once they arrive on-site, they can batch print the days tickets and have them all ready for the customers. ZCT is an all volunteer community theatre, having no paid staff members. We seat 92 per performance and each of the 6 shows we present run for two consecutive weekends. Many shows are sell-outs and without Tix, Inc. at our side I think our customer's experience would suffer. Thank you Tix, Inc! Carleton Underwood, Treasurer Zanesville Community Theatre, Inc. http://zct.org/box-office/

Response from Tix

We appreciate your feedback, Carleton. Migrating from a manual ticket sales method to an online ticketing solution can be a time consuming process, and we're glad we were able to help you streamline your entire ticket sales process to ease your workload. We strive to provide the best overall experience for both you and your customers, and appreciate that you're completely satisfied with our system. Thank you for choosing Tix! Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.

Replied June 2016

TIX is the answer we needed--Great support and patron experience

We wanted an easy-to-use system where patrons could select their own seats for events in a 1500-seat venue and our smaller 450-seat theater. Going from our old paper system to TIX was a great decision. We were looking for a reasonable fee structure and solid customer support--TIX has both. Another feature that was important for us was to be able to hide the fee for certain events and TIX makes that easy to do. Sales reports, customer data and back-end management are easy to use and the TIX help library is excellent--anything I have not been able to figure out has been quickly responded to from TIX support via phone or email. I've also been impressed by the personal rapport of my support specialist--when I call, she knows who I am and is familiar with our organization's venues and events. I'm sure she has many clients to attend to, but I have had excellent response to each call or email--always within the same day! Many of our patrons are older and I have heard nothing but positive responses from those who have attempted to make online purchases through TIX. We have some who call or walk in for a "box office" experience, and those orders are easily handled. Since our TIX site is branded to look like our own website, many purchasers do not even recognize they have left our website to make their purchase. TIX is exactly what we were looking for.

Pros

Patron experience is excellent. Help library is great. Customer support is excellent.

Cons

Sometimes the reports do not output to excel correctly, but the developer said this is a known issue and is being resolved.

Response from Tix

Jennifer, thank you for your glowing and comprehensive feedback! We're glad to hear that Tix has improved your ticket sales process and that our service and support team have made your experience with Tix overwhelmingly positive. Its nice to hear that your customers have enjoyed their online purchasing experience. Thank you for choosing Tix! Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.

Replied December 2016

Rita

May 2016

The Excellent Customer Service has made working with this system a breeze!

I have worked with these people and this system for seven years working for three companies. While there are some glitches, overall the system is simple to use and the Customer Service is outstanding! They have enabled me to streamline processes that were consuming more time than humanly endurable with the automatic renewal system. They advise me of the system parameters and what it can do for me, and have educated me to use it proficiently throughout the years. They take ownership of my problems and resolve them by whatever it takes to get the job done, including being most accommodating customizing reports, seat maps, customer letters, emails, etc. as needed and adapting their programming to meet my unique needs, a rare option in this world! I have never experienced more concern for my issues and dedication to resolving them than I have with this staff of experts. They continually enhance and improve their system and incorporate my requests whenever possible. They are truly committed to excellence going above and beyond providing extraordinary Customer Service and are quick to respond to my often urgent needs and resolved issues I deemed hopeless. They listen to my problems, have eased my frustrations and spent hours and hours on the phone with me and my complications over the years. I have worked with other systems that had no one to talk with and no "phone a friend" option which I found unbearable. Although I have never met any of the staff, I regard them as my friends as I am the friend in need and they are the friends indeed!

Response from Tix

Rita, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Your challenges are our challenges and we do what we can to ensure that our system helps you do things as efficiently and productively as possible. We appreciate you and hold you in kind regard as well. Thank you for choosing Tix! Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.

Alan

April 2016

Great ticket company and excellent customer service.

PROS- -24/7 support and customer service -low fees -free setup, no long tern contract or start up fees and no hidden fees -offers a variety of options to help build business -customers have chance to choose their own seats/tickets via real time seating chart on line -easy and wonderful to work with, very accommodating and go above and beyond -able to customize floor plans and seating options to fit arena with a variety of seating layouts -offer general admission and reserved seating options -able to offer options such as pre sale codes, discount codes, and surveys CONS- None, totally satisfied In 2002, we had a major country concert here at our arena. We were a manual, hard ticket box office. During the on sale we had many, many problems and opportunities, so it was at that point that we decided we needed a computer ticketing system. We are a local government and put this out on bid. We received many bids form a variety of companies. We narrowed the choice to the top three, requested further info and had a demonstration and Tix.com was by far, always on top of the pack. We chose Tix.com for three main reasons. 1. Ease of use for customer and staff, 2. Customers see a floor plan and able to choose their own seats and 3. 24/7 hour great customer service. We have been TOTALLY satisfied with Tix.com and have no complaints. As the person that works the most with Tix.com and its staff, I cannot think of a greater company to work with.

Response from Tix

Alan, we're glad that you're absolutely satisfied with our system and support. Tix is designed to put the power in your hands by giving you access to all of the features you've listed in your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you for years to come! Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.

AJ

Simple, Great Customer Service that is always there to help and make things work properly

Selling tickets 24-7

Pros

It is a simple program to use. Easy Setup events allows you to get other work done to make your event successful

Cons

Lack of social media connection. Lack of information that can be placed on the tickets and being and to use the same information on the online and box office tickets. Need to be able to rename the categories on the e ticket to be able to put more coupons. Need to have an option to automatically set when to change ticket prices so you do not have to wait up until midnight.

Tom

Best Ticketing Service By Far

Tix are great to deal with. Very honest and don't add hidden fees. What they say that they will do happens.

Pros

It is an easy company to deal with. The ticketing is very professional and efficient.

Cons

We need some training with setting up our ticketing so that we have more control without needing help.

Reasons for choosing Tix

Price. Local company where I can speak to the owner if I need to. Did not trust other companies with the contact information of our customers.

Stephanie

My Tix Review :)

Iris Pechinek is the most valuable asset that TIX offers us!

Pros

Ease of use - easy to link. Flexible options for our "unique" events and needs.

Cons

Can't edit address changes during order - can create a hassle when matching credit card payments with a zip code. Why can't a partial refund be integrated with our credit card processer?

Jim

Best choice for the price

Pros

Online seat selection ordering is very efficient. Ease of use: inexperienced box office volunteers can be up and running with 5 minutes of training

Cons

Customer data maintenance is a bit lean, sorting out any duplications can get tedious. However, other systems that do more cost a lot more

September 2015

A well layed-out system overall, with great potential.

Pros: The system is mostly user friendly on the programming and purchase sides. The staff is helpful and friendly and provide a timely response to inquiries. They also provide a good turnaround time on new programming requests. Cons: No longer have the ability to do seat swaps and re-open orders. This option is now only available if we provide the credit card processing. With Tix customer service not available after hours, when most events take place, this has created problems on show day. Requests: Kiosk-based software version for self-serve customer ticket purchase kiosks on day of show to reduce box office lines.

Response from Tix

David, we appreciate your comments. We've re-added the ability for you to process ticket exchanges and cancellations. The removal of that option was inadvertent and our apologies for any inconvenience it caused. With respect to after-hours support, we are available 24/7, 365 days a year. We pride ourselves on providing a very high service level, and making sure we're there when our clients need us is of the utmost importance to us. With respect to ticket purchase kiosks and a kiosk interface, we do have them available. We¿ll send you the specs, and purchase information. We really do value your business. If you have any additional questions about our system or would like to obtain information about ways your organization can maximize the use of our software, please let me know. Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc. | 800.504.4849 Ext. 233

Replied September 2015

Tix Fan

GREAT,Great! Service

Pros

TIX does a great job keeping up with industry changes and customer needs.

Cons

Would like an easier method to add events to icalendar.

Reasons for choosing Tix

Ease of use for myself and customers.

Donna

Love this program.

Pros

Customizable for our events and being able to use program on site to sell tickets at the door or in our office.

Cons

Would like more ticket printer choices. Would also like reporting options to be a little more user friendly.

Janice

June 2016

Annual June Dance Performances

Thanks to Steve for helping me navigate the program, our ticket sales went great! Quick response and convenient since I work eastern time evening hours and they are pacific time.

Pros

Ease of ticket sales. Nice reports to confirm profit and ticket sales.

Cons

Since I only use the program once every 6 months, I forget how to navigate the program. Thanks to customer service I manage.

Response from Tix

Janice, thank you for your feedback. We have plenty of clients who use us for annual or semi-annual events, and we strive to continue to serve our clients to the best of our ability year after year. We're happy to hear that Steve has made coming back to Tix every 6 months an easy process! Thank you for choosing Tix! Silvia Mahoney | Tix, Inc.

Replied December 2016

Ellie

June 2015

Easy, efficient and inexpensive!

We used to spend countless hours chasing tickets and providing maintenance for our ticket printers. As a service provider, when it came time to determine what system to use for printing tickets and tracking customer support issues, I knew there were a lot of choices. I looked into ticketing systems I have used in the past that require a lot of support and local maintenance and found a few light weight systems that I could install myself. Since coming on board in 2008, Tix.com has been n amazing support system for our company. These days, I try modeling our own support after Tix. com's. The service is great, the product is awesome, and they have an extensive help center to help answer any questions. The ticketing service itself is intuitive and easy to use. Would definitely recommend it!. It's very convenient and we now have the right tool to support our guests. Our guests are updated via emails directly and I received notices 24/7 of any tickets created. Tix. com fulfills all of my current needs and is a robust option for the future when the business takes off and I have a few more agents working with me, or a hundred:). This system has already proven that it can grow with our needs. We are more than satisfied with TIX. com. It has provided the support and training as well as its social media links, which helps us stay connected to our customers.

Jill

Industry: Performing Arts

Carpenter Center Review

Excellent. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has input all our patrons into the system and we are ready to try our first online renewal June 1

Pros

Easy to build events and your customer support

Cons

Everything in the transition from Ovation to TIX has been very easy, thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT].

Reasons for switching to Tix

Customer support was minimal and they were always changing things with out telling us. We didn't feel they would listen to what we needed. Also they were not up to University ADA compliances.

Tix