Browse Whova Reviews

Kellie from Nanny Industry Consultant

Whova for a Virtual Event Win!

With six weeks to go for a virtual 4-day conference, Whova met all the requirements we were looking for in a virtual conference experience for both the organization and the attendees. The price point was ideal for a small organization, and their a la cart pricing helps keep within any budget. It was a very successful event for the organization and discussion is to have some virtual option moving forward, even if we still hold an in-person event.

Pros

A Small non-profit I work with moved their in-person event to virtual event for 2020. With 6 weeks until the event start in September, a decision was made to move it to a more robust option allowing for sponsor interaction. Whova came through for us in many ways - financially, user-friendly for both back end and attendee end, integration with already existing registration platform - RegFox, Zoom interface, meeting rooms, session surveys and robust reporting. Any issues we had and sent support emails were addressed in a timely manner. They offer several help documents and videos to walk you through various set-up and troubleshooting.

Cons

Be aware that Whova has their own drip-campaign of emails they send to those attending your event. We were not aware of these prior to them sending, and it cause a bit of confusion and frustration on our end. We are not able to see in advance nor edit those emails, which also contained information not pertinent to our virtual event. We did address this with our sales person in our post-event meeting, and this is an issue they are aware of and addressing.

Reasons for Choosing Whova

We looked at private video production companies to oversee the event with price tags of $15k - $70k. We are very pleased with the results we had with Whova and hiring out a consultant via Upwork who did our speakers, session recording and day-of virtual event coordination.

Hannah from Leadership Development International

December 2021

Ideal for conferences, whether in-person, virtual, or mixed

Pros

We first used this app for an in-person conference before COVID-19 hit the world, and it was already helpful. Now, I love how easy it is to incorporate digital and virtual aspects even if/when you plan an in-person event. With all the travel restrictions and extra health precautions these days, it makes it easy to have people participating relatively equally whether they are attending physically or not. I appreciate how easy it is to share articles and supplementary materials for sessions, as well as share notes and questions with attendees and presenters alike. The app encourages member interaction through things like suggesting chat rooms based around specific topics, suggesting meet-ups (in person or virtual), creating polls, etc. For me, the best part of conferences is social networking, and Whova does as good a job as I could hope for in making that possible even when we're physically separated.

Cons

Sometimes the sheer number of features can be intimidating, and if you have two separate events that are working together, it's quite bothersome to have to constantly switch between the two events to find the specific session or resource you're looking for. It'd be nice if there were a way to have a personal agenda that includes all your sessions from all your conferences.

Tijl from Ghent University

Industry: Research

Nice features but unreliable. Do not use for critical applications.

Pretty horrible if you have to explain an audience of 1000+ people that the app was down for >1.5 hours mid-conference.

Pros

Nice features, admin interface relatively user-friendly, user-interface very user-friendly.

Cons

I used it for a large virtual conference (1000+ attendees, up to 10+ parallel sessions), and it was down for >1.5 hours. Extremely embarrassing and impossible to recover from it. Medium impact weakness is that the interface is not very responsive (i.e. slow). Minor impact (but nonetheless frustrating) weakness is that the admin interface is buggy (or has 'quirks' like they call it themselves). From lots of things we could notice this is not a company built on solid software engineering (e.g. they use "FirstName LastName" as the 'key' to identify attendees, and some of the admin features behave in a very illogical and unexpected manner).

Reasons for Choosing Whova

Looks good from user-perspective as long as it works, and I knew it from a physical conference I had attended. But it turned out a mistake. Whova is not up to this. Ok for smaller events that can afford downtime, and probably for physical events where the app is less crucial. Not made for high-profile virtual events. If you use whova, you have to have a backup plan for when it goes down.

Valerie from Double Helix Learning LLC

WHOVA delivers a high quality conferencing experience

I did not purchase WHOVA; I was merely a conference attendee. If I were hosting a conference, I would definiteley check it out.

Pros

I attended a global virtual conference hosted by/on WHOVA. The software was easy to use, available on desktop and mobile, and had built in features that enabled virtual attendees to develop relationship before, during and after the conference. It accommodated interactive sessions (breakouts) without any technical glitches, and brought numerous speaker and panelists together again with no technical difficulties. Reliability and quality of the conferencing were impressive. WHOVA gamifies participation to help attendees get to know each other and add a fun factor too. Notifications were helpful to navigate to messages, announcements, and postings as they came in.

Cons

On mobile, I could not get to the Q&A panel to post questions. I also could not turn my video on from my iPAD.

Vanessa from Comanche Central Appraisal District

Industry: Government Relations

Quick Check In

I thought it was a very handy tool. I could select and make different classes part of my personal agenda. I could switch classes easily. If I wanted to chat with any of the other attendees I could. being able to download the printable presentations was nice as well.

Pros

I was able to check into all of the classes at my conference by having the teacher scan my QR code.

Cons

I don't mind all the notifications that I got but when I went to see what was different about some of the posts not all of the notifications would clear.

Competitive Event Platform

Overall I think that our attendees navigated the platform easily and were able to view our content, which is most important. It was much easier for our speakers to do their presentations as everyone is now accustomed to Zoom. Having Zoom as the background for live presentations was beneficial. Chat was available for help with questions, but they didn't always know the answers. I would either end up figuring it out or not using it. I think it will become more beneficial when we are hybrid and can use some of the in-person functions with their app.

Pros

It was an easy software to navigate. We previously used ON24 which was not as intuitive to navigate as Whova is. There are easy shortcuts when building the conference pages that made building the virtual platform easy and fast. They offer you a pre-made speaker and agenda page with different templates which were great as we embedded it into our existing website.

Cons

We did not know if we did not want the audience to see the speakers we would need to purchase the webinar function in zoom. We did not know this before we purchased the platform and were disappointed as we thought we were saving money from our last platform but we ended up spending extra anyway. Also not all the analytics were as detailed unlike our last platform. We did not like that we were unable to move tabs and icons such as the "community" which was not necessary for our event.

Reasons for Choosing Whova

We did not like ON24's price and customer service. It was a lot of work to customize the page and it didn't have break-out rooms (at the time).

Russell from New Country Organics

Industry: Farming

Loved the games and interaction stimulation

Loved It

Pros

really give the a small group more friendly feel to this conference.

Cons

I would say the only thing is scheduling more time between classes/events so people can mingle and browse more ,

Lin from Rutgers Community Christian Church

A good product

Pros

Since whova is very easy to use, I registered and used the web version and used it smoothly for two days with almost no learning. Note: It was two days of conference use.

Cons

The conference I attended was two days, so I only had two days to use the software. In the course of using it, I found few problems.

December 2021

Mike from Resource & Land Management, Inc.

Conference App Use

It made the conference easy!

Pros

Maps to conference center were helpful throughout the entire AESA conference.

Cons

Presentations and info not shareable to outside participants in any way. Colleagues were not able to open presentations and attachments.

Jamie from International Surf Therapy Organization

THE platform for combined virtual and in person conferencing.

Pros

When first used Whoova I was hesitant having not really used similar platforms. After our first international conference in 2020 (completely virtual due to COVID-19) I was really impressed by the interactive nature of Q&A and other features. We just completed our 2021 conference with a blended virtual/in person approach and I was astounded how well the platform worked with both remote speakers and audiences. Would thoroughly recommend.

Cons

Some people didn't seem to like the gamification elements but I think it encourages interactions which is great.

Enhance Your Event

Very good.

Pros

Easy to engage with other attendees and organizers of the event. Lots of different ways to get engaged.

Cons

Not able to use emoji's or like comments in threads or messages. Not able to create a personal calendar of events (seminars) from the event to plan out my time there.

Amy from Rowan Salisbury Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

User for event

First time user just for the conference. It was a positive experience.

Pros

I liked that it was user friendly and set up in a way that you could "experience" the conference from afar.

Cons

I was confused by the chat section at first and did not know the difference between Q&A and the chat section.

Jo from Square

Whova Feedback

Pros

I first discovered this software while attending an event and I was blown away. It's efficient, convenient and just a pleasure to use. Very professional and impressive.

Cons

I have to say that I have yet to determine something that I'm not satisfied with yet.

Vojtech from Rejustify.com

Whova is a great platform to manage a conference, to set up personalized agenda and networking.

Whova was very helpful in seeing the conference content, browsing program, selecting personalized agenda, seeing the speakers profiles, sharing presentation materials, live Q&As and chat during each conference session.

Pros

My personalized agenda set up in Whova app can easily enter my google/iPhone calendars.

Cons

Gamification invites for high volume but low quality content - the points shall be curated to avoid excessive spamming that dilutes the content substantially.

Jason from Arvada Police Department

Industry: Law Enforcement

What a great app to manage Conferences!

This application really changed the game. No longer need thousands of paper documents for your event.

Pros

Incredible application to manage all things related to conferences. Communicate with attendees, post schedules, track attendance, and much more.

Cons

Nothing at all. This is an incredible app.

Debora from FIT - Fashion Institute of Technology

Great Event, Webinar and Video Chat Meeting Platform

Overall, enjoyed using and being able to participate in a conference that would otherwise be physical and being able to interact with other attendees. I believe there's more potential for increased interaction and exchange of info with others vs. a physical conference. I like being able to go back and reference past posts and be able to continue engaging with attendees after the event, but I wish there were no expiration for the event info and chat posts.

Pros

I used this platform for our database vendor's annual conference which had to be entirely virtual this year due to Covid-19. They offered webinars, individual drop in meeting hours with various reps, special interest topics/chat rooms, a document download section and even photo contests. There was so much available, I'm sure I didn't explore every feature. Pros: -Easy to register and log into via App or Browser, especially helpful when on a Chromebook -Clean intuitive interface -Able to see Agenda and main areas from Home page -Good one on one video chat capability for meeting with reps (didn't get to test waiting in line capability) -Video and audio was clear for webinars (our vendor used Go-To-Meeting, which allowed the complete running Transcript for both days' webinars to be viewed), convenient links to recorded webinars for past events -Variety of engaging areas, including multiple Virtual Activity and Topic Chat Rooms, and Contests that allowed users to comment and post photos - good creative fun and lurkers can also benefit from others' posts -Document download area -Able to reference info and continue interacting with attendees after the event (but limited to 6 months)

Cons

Because I am on an older Chromebook, I was unable to do some of the following: Cons: -Limited functionality on older devices kept me from viewing a Comment I added to my posted Photo in the Contest chat area (did not take the Comment), which I added via older mobile Phone - I was unable to view Comment on either my Phone or my older Chromebook (could have been user error) -Comment to my Photo by others did not show up under my Photo but much further down and under the other person's posts - layout for comments and replies was confusing and didn't follow sub-menu properly or consistently - My Reply to a Comment added via older Chrome device did show up under her Comment, but not under my Photo (maybe it was the other User's error or perhaps she submitted it via her Phone and also had a problem) - mobile interface may be a little buggy. -Was unable to see the number of likes per Photo or Posts on everyone's submitted Photos on my older Chromebook device, but was able to see these on my Phone -6 month time limit access to content (would love to access indefinitely)

A must have tool for event organisers

The app is optimized for business events (were no abstract handling is required), however, we used it successfully to manage our attendees in a small scientific conference. We loved checking in our attendees ultra-fast, posting last-minute changes and useful information in the app and share event photos. It helped a lot in creating the name badges (maybe could consider a certificate feature according to the registration category as well?). As organizers, we would prefer a bit more flexibility and one cost for all the features, however, all of our participants loved the application and we received very positive feedback from them

Pros

The QR code attendee check-in is probably the highlight of Whova's features. It checks in the attendees a matter of seconds, skipping the long lines in the registration counters. The updated version of Whova includes features that can be used directly to the event's website (e.g. Agenda webpage). Great customer service experience with online training on how to use the app.

Cons

Several features require in-app purchases and purchases per-use (e.g the paid tickets or the sponsors' features). This may be a struggle for small events (less than 500 participants) who need to have an idea of the overall cost in advance. As a customer, I would greatly appreciate the flexibility to rename and create new or delete categories in all the fields of the event content, as well as flexibility to include the same person under two or three attendee categories (organizers, volunteers, speaker, secretariat) as the posts are normally shared among a small group of people who assist in the organization. Lastly, even though it is helpful attendees to register via facebook many of them use nicknames which ends up printing wrong badges. I have not used the app as an attendee, so I suggest to offer an option to register via LinkedIn, Academia or other professional websites, inform that the name used should be the same one used during registration and that will be printed in the name badge requesting their approval.

Reasons for Choosing Whova

Fast response in the inquiry and they offered a slightly lower price than the competitor. The key was they kindly sponsored our first use of the product (because of our limited budget). This was a great opportunity to test and love the product and their professional and enthusiastic customer service. It seems like an honestly customer-oriented app, and we hope the future updates will grow along with our needs as customers. For organizers, it is important to know before starting a new event, there is an event management app to rely on, rather than spending time searching for a new one each time.

Darlene from Buffalo State College University Police

Industry: Law Enforcement

Excellent option to keep your conference attendees engaged

This app was an incredibly useful tool for both an in-person and a virtual conference. I think any company organizing an event would be remiss not to consider it.

Pros

I have not purchased this software to use with my business, but have used it for two large conferences I attended and it seemed to make the events run seamlessly. The ease of which attendees can peruse the available sessions and then add events to their own agendas is wonderful. You can click between the full schedule and your own agenda easily. Also, the web version and the mobile version are both useful in additional different ways. The mobile version is great for engaging the attendees with discussion posts and surveys. The web version was especially robust for this past conference, which was all virtual. Each session was clickable from the agenda and once in the page for a session, a zoom presentation was available to view and a chat and Q&A tab were available at all times along side the presentation window. (Both web and mobile have the same easy-to-use agenda building section.)

Cons

The mobile app does not allow you to view nested zoom presentations for any given session. I believe many people would utilize that feature instead of having to sit on their computers. That being said, these were learning sessions so perhaps that was a choice of the organizing body since they wanted attendees to have a separate window open to work through the training modules in their software.

Karen from UCOR

Advantages of Using Whova at a Conference

At the Cority conference in Nashville, I was able to set my schedule for sessions that related to me and take notes at those conferences from the app. It allowed me to set up networking with others in my field. The opportunity that Whova extends for engagement between attendees is phenomenal. All attendees were able to communicate like issues with current software usage, likes, dislikes, schedule meetups, give tips, and just share fun things about each other within the community. Attendees have the ability to message each other within the app, as well as, exchange information. Whova is wonderful organizational and communication tool for conferences. It allows you the functionality and flexibility to stay connected. Even after the conference, I am still able to stay connected and message with my new networking contacts within the app.

Pros

Whova is great for the ease of setting schedules, networking opportunities, functionality, flexibility, user friendly interface, ability to create meetups, ability to share memories through photo sharing, and the engagement opportunities with other attendees at the conference. I also like that you can still communicate with other attendees (networking opportunities) even after the conference is over.

Cons

I have used the Whova app at several Cority conferences, and I have yet to find any negative issues.

Kimberly from Heresco Chiropractic and Associates

Attending Seminars in 21st Century

The cost of attending conferences can be staggering. Not only for registration but travel and staying at the conference. Using Whova to organize the conference allows the attendees much more freedom and ease in attending and tracking where you need to be.

Pros

Whova is a wonderful addition for any conference. I first used Whova in 2018 while attending RTUC in Las Vegas. As you can imagine, this is an enormous place with lots of things to do for a first time visitor. Whova let me organize my agenda, set up meetings and after hours get togethers, all in one place. I loved being able to look in one place to find what was coming up. This year our conference was done online only. The usual get togethers and lunches were missing but Whova still made it personal. We had pictures, messages, events, question and answers from sessions and even a leader board to show who was doing the best. I would love to attend future events online as long as Whova is a part of them. You truly have a very easy to use and appealing app. Thank you for making attending yearly Conferences more enjoyable even during the Pandemic.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. I think Whova has a very appealing look and very user friendly

Lynden from Houston Community College

Whoa! Whova

I have begun to connect with like minded people and work on a Virtual Reality project to build an application for many programs.

Pros

I attended the Kaltura 2020 Connect conference in New Orleans, LA. and Whova is the first interactive application I have been introduce to at a conference. The Kaltura team kept all of the attendees engaged in every event that was going on prior to the conference and throughout the 3 days using Whova. I realized how powerful Whova was when I found myself lock in to the application day after day. Need to say, Whova gave me access to so many attendees from around the world. On the application we were able to set up connect meeting to discuss common interests, share rides, discuss new technologies, etc. Whova provided you your daily agenda along with reminders on your phone, iPad, computer, smart watch, and pop ups from other attendees. Something I found uniques was it allows you to take notes for every event, meet ups, and you can provide real time feedback. I find feedback extremely important for growth. No matter what industry you are in, this application I highly recommend to increase innovation and productivity.

Cons

The only thing I can say disappointing about this software is that I was not exposed to it first.

Alhassan from DRIAN Ghana

efficient, silent, and extremely powerful tool

Whova has had a lot of impact on the structure of our events. We always had to engage professional event organizers to help us manage our stakeholder engagement events, that often included simultaneous parallel sessions and large groups. With Whova as our able assistant now, we are able to efficiently manage these events with just our in-house staff. And the live polling feature has certainly made our events much more enjoyable and interactive for our participants.

Pros

The innovation of the virtual network tables has been groundbreaking for me, both as an event organizer and also as an event participant. I love that we are able to select from a wide range of practical options for which format these groupings and sessions should take. Whether one on one, small groups, or larger ones; these are the parts of events I enjoy the most, and whova has successfully kept that feeling with the networking tables.

Cons

Integration with other native conferencing software does not work smoothly every time. Our videos kept freezing, and having time delays that affected the flow of the event.

Reasons for Switching to Whova

After attending an event that was facilitated and managed with Whova, our Executive Director was so impressed that he recommended we switch.

Zaf from BBH London

If you have Whova Conference is very easy and effective!

Pros

This app helped me a lot in the meeting. The best meeting app I've seen so far. I liked being able to easily create calendars, connect with people, scan business cards. It was VERY helpful to have photos of people also in the participants section. I managed to connect with many people with this simple plugin. Actually, I still use it to connect with people! Whova has significantly changed my experience at the conference and I will always strongly recommend this to anyone attending a conference.

Cons

I only think good things about this software, I haven't had a bad experience.

Kathy from Lake Nona Institute

Exceptional Value!

The WHOVA app provided a wonderful user experience for our delegates. It made it easy for our delegates to connect with other attendees and speakers, share contact information, and be informed about all the event logistics and details. As the organizer of the event, the app had the perfect combination of "ready-made" options with the ability to customize and personalize. I found it extremely intuitive to use. When I did have a question, the online customer service was amazing. Overall the WHOVA app was a great value and contributed to the success of our event.

Pros

Easy to use-ready made templates made it easy to customize and upload information. Exceptional Customer Service-online chat was prompt and very helpful

Response from Whova

Replied March 2017

We are happy to know that you like our Whova app. Thanks for the feedback, and we will keep you updated with new features coming soon!

Successful Informative Conference provided by WHOVA Software Application

Elated by the Whova application that provided technical accomplishments with simplicity to learn how to use the application as a user. This software enabled me to attend a multiple day conference with numerous speakers during the day. What a lesson I learned by using Whova software application that allowed me to attend an informational conference that didn't have to be cancelled due to Covid-19. Bravo to conference owners and Whova's application.

Pros

Amazing application that provided reliability and resources. As a user, I logged onto application several times a day to attend speaker resentations. The simplicity and the developmental complexity secured the underlying operation of the conference with confidence that worked every time.

Cons

Though the Whova provided a log-in for the users guide, I neglected to read relying on operational time to use the software. However, without technical expertise, I maneuvered around the applications to attend the speaker's hourly presentation. A snapshot or bullet print-out lesson would have been helpful. I relied on the conference leader to keep me informed attendees with tips to solve any problems during the conference without disruption. That meant you provided the conference owners with excellent support which provided a great, successful conference.

Eric from Lynden International

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

As a conference attendee and sponsor - Whova checks the boxes

Bottom line: It helped me connect with other attendees and keep my schedule like no other platform has.

Pros

For the last conference we sponsored (Goalmakers 2020 National Forum), the ease of creating a booth space and offering a raffle and give away was unmatched to other platforms I have experienced. It tracks traffic and makes the virtual booth actually work for attendance. As an attendee, my profile had sufficient depth and made contact with other attendees easy. My schedule was easy to see and follow throughout. This is at least the third time I have used Whova with success.

Cons

I would love to see a hallway chat function. My brother attended a virtual conference that allowed attendees to drop into the "hallway" during the breaks. That would mirror the networking that would happen between sessions in an in-person conference.

Gina from Prince William County Public School District

Whova App is Best for Professional Development

Several of our professional development circles have previously provided printed schedules, agendas, and course descriptions, which make for a lot of material to take home after a conference. With the Whova app, all of that information is now stored online which is so much easier for a traveler.

Pros

The Whova mobile app made it easy for me to select PD sessions, take notes, and organize my thoughts while the desktop app afforded me the opportunity to immediately download materials and snip and save images. I do appreciate that Whova emailed me a copy of all of the notes I'd taken in each of my PD sessions. I also like that the information stays on my account even after the session is over. I can still see last year's pics and notes from another PD session!

Cons

Not sure how things download from my mobile device, but the desktop app is great for saving information.

Buyer Beware

Gauging an event platform and the countless variables that might be involved is a key demand for those moving into virtual or hybrid events. The marketing and sales elements are often adept at highlighting some aspects, while stepping over others. Rapport bridges the gap. So extra caution is required for decision makers.

Pros

The sales outline and the simple step videos indicate a smooth process to get set up

Cons

The reality, we found to be different. They recommended we use Zoom (‘you can get away with the free option too’ - sales) which quickly becomes obvious you will need to spend hundreds extra - upgrade to webinars (- support), a hidden cost. It didn’t integrate great with their system, yet they told us “that’s a Zoom support question, nothing to do with us”. There are other conflicts between Zoom and Whova (eg. using the same emails on both causes malfunctions); speakers logged-in on both get thrown out of Whova; speakers can’t see live video feed on Whova, so have to tandem two devices/browsers/apps. The Q&A is a little hard for speakers to find, unless spoonfed. The voting/polls are either scheduled at time (not ideal in live setting) or manually entered (not ideal in live setting either). We found a key member of their support unhelpful, bordering dismissive and the functionality of their platform for many of our attendees was such that a great many attendees watched off-site (on Zoom). Attendees received other attendee messages but they couldn't access access, Whova passed off as their internal marketing messages in contradiction to the received email subject notifications. Sponsors and exhibitors can't find out who visited their pages or who downloaded their uploaded content (key sales leads that Whova passed off as a 'privacy' consideration). No ability to have an overall attendee-on-the-day (as opposed to booked) list without doing it manually! Many other things.

Md Anisur from University of Hohenheim

A fantastic platform for managing virtual events.

A very impressive platform for organizing events virtually.

Pros

This is an excellent software for organizing online event which offers several benefits. Firstly, It has a mobile app which allows participants to attend the events remotely even with a low data. Secondly, enabled features for socializing and networking helps the audience to feel the sense of community virtually. Finally, managing sessions and agenda by setting reminders helps audience to plan well during the event.

Cons

Nothing much in the cons. Just adding a feature for a detailed overview of all sessions will complete the app.

Scott from Prairie Engineers, P.C

Tulsa Post SAME Industry Day 2021.

it works, you don't get to say that about every app

Pros

the intuitive nature of the application design

Cons

no complaints, this app works as I expected

Reasons for Switching to Whova

not my call, I'm just the happy user

Michael from Region VII Head Start Association

HORRIBLE experience for an event creator

Hated it.

Pros

Lots of features are available. But the cons far outweigh the features.

Cons

Sponsor logo size is way too small to be viewed as a benefit to anyone considering a paid sponsorship. Registrants who want to pay by PO/check have to be entered into the platform manually as “order.” BUT, when done that way they show up as FREE tickets, completely destroying the integrity of the reporting system. Also, when I manually entered a team of 16 people from one organization, I had to enter all the company info 16 times. The method for adding people is beyond cumbersome. We have people who are speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors. Rather than just having a PEOPLE category, where those roles are selected, the person has to be entered three times in three categories. And they can’t access their collective profile — they have to update in three categories… Are you kidding me?? (when setting up an exhibitor, can check “sponsor” but it does nothing, as they still have to be entered as such manually.) Updating speaker at session level doesn’t allow for the addition of their email address, which has to be done at the speaker level later. When creating a new speaker, there is a button to add a session, but when you click it, it says to save the speaker first. When you do that, the window closes, so what’s the point of that useless button? Our account manager wasn’t identified WELL into the event building process , nor did they actively participate in the creating of our event. MANY attendees and speakers/exhibitors report not receiving emails send from the platform

Reasons for Choosing Whova

Cost and perceived benefits and other reviews.

Neisha from Alvin Community College

Way to go Whova

This app was good to have to help me interact with others at the Convention, too bad one it over its over. I wasn't able to access the information like photos after the conference had been over for a while.

Pros

I found this software very helpful in keeping up the events at the Phi Theta Kapp National Convention. There were thousands of people and so many events it was overwhelming at times. I liked how the software helps you meet others at the convention, displays photos of events and there is ecen a messaging feature.

Cons

The only drawback I had using this software was trying to find an log onto the PTK Convention in the first place. It has been a year so maybe that issue was fixed. You had to wait and get a code to join the Convention, maybe PTK could have sent the code with the confirmation emails or something.

Nicole from Wired Production Group

Our Top Choice

Their customer service is always incredible. I cannot get over the high quality service we consistently receive on the shows we use their platform with. We would recommend Whova to others.

Pros

Whova is one of the most user-friendly, customer-service positive companies we've worked with in the last five years. We had previously used them with clients on-site at live events, and the last two years they have been our primary platform for virtual conferences / hybrid events. Their platform has a step-by-step process to set up and while it's robust, it's laid out very well for anyone to dive right into designing their own virtual event platform without breaking the bank.

Cons

Their desktop version is very disappointing. Since it was built to be an in-person event app, it's only natural their mobile app has a better user interface. We have a lot of clients that are looking for a more desktop friendly version of Whova in the future.

Amanda from School of Leadership and Education Sciences, USD

Thanks Whova

I loved being able to see who was at the conference, what kinds of topics people were discussing, what connections were being made, etc. It was also helpful to see what was happening pre-conference. I'm sure I'll use it again at conferences in the future.

Pros

It was great to have a social media platform dedicated to the specific conference I attended. I also loved that I could see who was at the conference and where they worked.

Cons

The community portion of the app started to get really full, which made it harder to find what I was looking for. Maybe if that was organized by topics, or if the posts that had new comments were always at the top. Being in alumni relations, it would have been AWESOME if I could search attendees by where they went to school.

Ilissa from NEDAS

Industry: Wireless

Straightforward, affordable and flexible Event engagement App

Whova's team is attentive, always innovating and updating their capabilities, they listen and address concerns quickly and effectively. Our event loved the app and we love the Whova team.

Pros

The Whova app is very straightforward to use, they provide all of the embed links and capabilities to make it look like you're own powered by a simple to use back-end experience. It's flexible in the way you use and deploy it and is affordable.

Cons

Some of the search capabilities to highlight top sponsors and provide a tiered level view of support can be worked on and the streaming view is good for traditional videos, engaging with Zoom is not as strong.

Reasons for Choosing Whova

Simple, consolidated platform that provided the ability to do what we wanted in a single provider. Whova is great!

Amy from SEE Society

Updatable & Environmentally Friendly

Pros

I like being able to post updates to the conference program during the conference itself. Using Whova means we don't have to produce printed copies of the program. Whova also allows users to engage with each other - posting messages, planning get-togethers, posting photos, etc. I heard that it will allow registration/check-in to be managed with Whova now, but I couldn't find that feature. I would be thrilled if it will handle registration/check-in.

Cons

It seems the price increased this year. But if we can use it for registration/check-in it would be well worth it.

Shankar from Salelytics

My Experience

it has been 2 yrs since I first use the app and it is awesome

Pros

easy to use software easy to install and easy to navigate

Cons

none, all looks awesome and easy to understand

Love Whova

Pros

Totally easy way to connect with others, which was very helpful during these pandemic times.

Cons

Filling out this survey on how I liked Whova or not.

Erin from LCPS

Whova Review

Overall, Whova has given us a more paperless experience while effectively managing the tasks at hand.

Pros

I like that this software allows me to provide a great experience to those attending our events. We stay on schedule while optimizing attendee participation. They feel more connected through updates, pictures, personalization, etc.

Cons

Since it is so digital, some people sometimes feel like they get lost in the software and are not able to connect as well face-to-face.

Natalie from Daimler Trucks North America

Do plenty of research before using this product

Whova is useful for trade shows or large, paid events - I needed it for a 200-ish person corporate (internal) event. I chose Whova because of it's ease of use and straight-forward features. I really hated how the tool consistently promoted the Whova app - it's practically shoved down your throat on the user side, and no way to dial it back. I can see the value in this for large shows where attendees will need the app for networking and customized agendas, but it was just too much for smaller, corporate events. I wish they had an option to focus the user experience more on just the app itself.

Pros

-Easy to set up -Helpful customer support team -Easy to use (both as an admin and as an event participant) -Customization, though lacking in some areas, is possible -Easy registration and website set up

Cons

-Heavily, heavily branded to Whova, even when using the paid version -Focus on paid tickets -Customization was not possible for things I needed it to be

Esther from Nexus Solutions for Autism

Industry: Mental Health Care

A must for the new age of tele-conferences and webinars as the norm

I can attend a conference virtually or in person and have an electronic attendance record and the certificates to reflect the amount of continuing education credits earned to submit to my accreditation board.

Pros

Great customer service. When I needed access to the recordings of a training I hadn't been able to attend in person, customer service was very helpful and responsive to my request. I was able to use the app during a conference to collect attendance information and produce documentation for accreditation purposes.

Cons

I didn't have any problems while using this app. There are no cons that I can report. It worked as desired for me.

Reasons for Switching to Whova

Both were available but this one was a bit more polished

Mohamed from UWE

Industry: Computer Networking

Whova

it has been great.

Pros

It easy to use and it is straightforward.

Cons

The software is good however it is missing stories, live streams.

Michael from Kansas State University

Fantastic Event Program Platform

In our experience this has been the best platform to use for our conference planning and events, in our case our main event has between 200-300 attendees. Highly recommend its use, no matter what the size of your event is.

Pros

Whova is simple to use and comes with an incredible amount of detailed customizations and abilities to fit any event needs. Love the ease of communicating with other people taking part of the app. Easy to structure the layout and overall accessibility is great.

Cons

Can take a little bit of time to get used to the layout, but this isn't necessarily a negative, simply something that comes with any type of interface like this. However, some might consider it a steeper learning curve.

Maria from Columbus Village Library

Industry: Libraries

I didn't want to use it

I resented having to download an app just to attend an online professional conference. I wasn't happy about trying to participate through my phone. Wow, was I wrong! The app was easy to use, convenient to watch the sessions or walk away when I needed to, simple to make connections with others at the event. This was the perfect way to get the professional information and contacts that I needed, and not waste time and money travelling. I even got to examine the vendor information without the sales pressure. I'm asking the organization to use Whova for their next conference also.

Pros

Whova made it easy to interact with multiple people

Cons

getting "how to" info from app 4 days after I was using it...

Travis from Animex USA

Industry: Environmental Services

Whova makes networking more accessible and friendly

Networking, as described above. Making new professional connections comes with a special breed of anxiety, and this app made networking more friendly by connecting those with similar interests (meet-ups, community topic chats), spreading important news more effectively (organizer announcements, meet-up reminders) and providing basic information of who's who at the conference. It also seemed to bring out the more real side of people by welcoming less-formal communication (photos, interesting chats). I also made use of the business card scanner.

Pros

In a nutshell, it made networking more accessible. Allowed me to connect with peers prior to conference and begin conversations or facilitate meet-ups. During the conference, allowed for playful and useful communication. I did not need to already have the contact information of conference-goers or struggle to locate the person I wanted to meet. Also allowed me to do a quick "background research" on the people I met (or was about to meet). As a side note, the points system was an effective incentive for me, and also some people recognized me in person specifically because of my leader board standing.

Cons

Can't think of anything. I was pleasantly surprised by the utility of the app.

MArianne from Langara College

Whova makes event planning, management and attendance a breeze!

Seamless, easy to use, friendly, excellent!

Pros

Whova is seamless to use, whether web based or the app. You create an account and once logged into Whova you simply find your event. The layout is smart and easy. You can see the overall agenda, or create your own agenda depending on the conference event you choose to attend. You can see the bios of presenters and see who is attending, and communicate with attendees! Talk about catching up with colleagues you have been out of touch with! Presenters can also upload copies of their presentations to Whova for attendees to review and download.

Cons

This is a US product and all identifiable data is housed in the US or elsewhere. So if you are in a country with strict privacy regulations, make sure you read the privacy disclaimer on Whova.

Dixie from Southeast Missouri State University

ATE Whova Use

Excellent

Pros

Program easy to use and learn. Similar other programs used in the past. I did notice the clarity of the video was better.

Cons

Did not experience, any components I would have considered a con.

Reasons for Switching to Whova

The switch was only for this conference.

Kimball from Municode

A solid solution to conference chaos

This software confirmed to me that virtual conferences, although not ideal to many organizations, are an inspiring new way to collaboratively communicate on schedule, and archive material that would otherwise be ignored in on-site conferences.

Pros

This was an exceptional alternative to cancelling an entire conference due to COVID-19. I enjoyed navigating the online agenda that had various workshops and/or presenters in various time slots throughout each day. Some events were "Live", and others prerecorded. It seemed the live events were well attended, and the prerecorded events less attended. At any given time, even after the workshop was over, I could participate anew. I was also a vendor, and had my own virtual booth where I could have a live meetup, or a prerecorded video. Whova clearly understood the importance of attendee engagement during the event, and provided us several unique ways to connect.

Cons

As a vendor for the online conference I attended, Whova's assistance in making the conference possible also gave them a great platform to advertise. They made their presence known, and I suppose I can't blame them for it.

Rachel from Belmont University

So Many Great Functions

Pros

My favorite parts of the software from a user's perspective were the map guide to where my next conference event would be in the hotel, and the ability to create My Agenda from the various (many) events taking place at any one given time.

Cons

I would have liked to go straight to My Agenda each time, as well as to go straight to the current time and events, instead of having to scroll from the first event at the conference, by default.

Moustapha from Bristol-Mayers Squibb

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Excellent App.

Excellent, I simply loving it.

Pros

Easy to navigate and accuracy for meeting and schedule.

Cons

No time zone indicated for people from different countries, like European colleagues who was struggling with the time schedule.