All Constant Contact Reviews

Kelly

Retail, 1 employee

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

Easy to Start, Easy to Use!

Rob

Market Research, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Constant Contact Review

Very Good! It was easy to switch over and get everything going from the beginning.

PROS

We use Constant Contact to create our Email Campaigns and also to schedule posts on our social media on a weekly basis.

CONS

We had no problems with Constant Contact at all.

Customer Service

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Mailchimp has by far the worst customer service and has not been able to solve our problems - Constant Contact did their job in 5 minutes.

Roldan

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Constant improvements for Constant Contact!

Pricing might be competitive, but as a developer, it's not quite a nice experience integrating the email client. Specially when you are a developer trying to integrate it to your website. More in particular Elementor Pro integration. Hoping they already have reconciled this issue.

PROS

Just like any other email marketing tool, they can do the job. No complaints. Email creation for fast email campaign is a breeze. Templates are as well handfuls to choose from. Drag and drop features as well. And it seems that they have much more responsive email system compared to other clients. Besides, you can use there service for user registration, A/B Testing and surveys.

CONS

First off, Constant Contact can do the job. No Problem. The problem comes when you deep dive into there system - technically taxing, not so user friendly interface, hard to implement branding etc... Bugs, of course. When you drag a widget, it won't appear on the canvass. Exporting HTML version of the email is also a pain.

Reason for choosing Constant Contact

We are MailChimp user. We have been disgruntled with MailChimp for some reasons. Until, we try Constant Contact for a change. Only to know both of them has discripancies with them. Can't choose one from the other.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Well, to try the difference. Found out, they do have there own thurns and thissles with them. Pros and cons.

Nathalie

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Do Yourself A Huge Favor & Sign Up!

I love Constant Contact. I use it every single day and I wouldn't have it any other way.

PROS

The scheduling is my favorite part. Well, campaign management is also a dream come true because it means I don't have to keep typing the same email campaign over and over again- but honestly, the scheduling is just such a huge life-saver. I don't know what I would do without it!

CONS

What do I like least? Really hard question to answer. Nothing.

Katarina

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Great for smaller sized email lists

Overall its helped our email performance and get us on track with our daily sending.

PROS

I love how easy the email builder is, as well as the templates you can choose from. It makes building fast emails simple.

CONS

I don't love the reporting, especially with a large email list. There also seems to be lots of site crashes, but they're fixing stuff.

Kimberly

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

One of the Best!

Great overall. It's better than most. Room for improvement (if not in price points) than in a UI/X and less to no errors.

PROS

Constant Contact has the BEST customer service. Top notch!

CONS

At this price point, there should be NO bugs in usage. Still, however, there are issues when trying to do a few things. As good as they are, and better than most, there if much room for UI/X improvement!

Reason for choosing Constant Contact

Mailchimp was not worth the barely cheaper cost since I was already familiar with Constant Contact. And the Acumbamail UI/X needs improvement to compete with Constant Contact...even at a lower price point.

Kelly

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Every Marketers Dream Email and Text Hub

10 out of 10! Literally love this product so much.

PROS

I like the price, the ease of user use, the constant support team and the open format.

CONS

The editing of small details and the stock photos are lacking compared to your other features.

Emma

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Great support and good value

I have been enjoying using constant contact for email marketing.

PROS

Customer support when I can't figure out how to do something, easy editor

CONS

Some features that I would like are not available and some features on the event planning tool are frustrating or not useful for certain types of event marketing

Scott

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Constant Contact Is a Must Have

I use Constant Contact on a weekly basis. Easy to send out of newsletters and see what they are clicking on. Analytics are easy to read and make adjustments accordingly.

PROS

Ease of use Campaigns are easy to make Analytics are easy to review

CONS

Sometimes the drag portion is difficult. Can’t drag into a different part of email.

Jamie

Banking, 51-200 employees

Easy and Budget Friendly

PROS

The product has an ease of use to it. Set up is swift.

CONS

The limitations for customization are difficult to manage to.

Adam

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2024

Email marketing system for business

A smooth system that provides all our email needs

PROS

It is a great email system for our business to reach customers andbtrack engagement

CONS

The costings can be quite steep sometimes

Lisa

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

We think of Constant Contact as one of our team members!

Always a great experience using Constant Contact ... and on the very rare occasion when I may have a question or concern, their Customer Support is excellent.

PROS

Constant Contact makes it super easy to stay in touch with our association members as well as to create various marketing campaigns.

CONS

The only negative I have is with pricing. While Constant Contact provides tremendous value, and offers fantastic savings for a subscription paid annually (which is a good thing) ... for us as a non-profit, it is easier budget-wise for us to pay monthly, so we are not able to take advantage of the bigger discount. It would be helpful if Constant Contact allowed those same savings to be applied for non-profits who pay monthly ... especially since we have been a long-time customer.

Reason for choosing Constant Contact

I had heard great things about Constant Contact, so I recommended it for our association to try. No regrets ... it was the best decision, and we have no intention of switching to any other e-mail program.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

At the time (about 10 years ago), we had been with cvent for a few years, and their e-mail module was not at all user-friendly. Moving to Contact Contact was the best thing we ever did for our marketing efforts.

Eugene

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

The Only Way to Stay in Touch with Clients

Overall Constant Contact is by far the best email marketing platform we have used. After trying several other products there is no doubt that overall Constant Contact is the best product on the market today.

PROS

The platform overall is reliable, easy to use, easy to implement and is a great value for the cost. The ability to schedule campaigns, manage contacts, grow our social media followers and so many other features have made Constant Contact an integral part of our business.

CONS

Additional improvements to the user interface and the help sections would be useful.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Mailchimp's features and costs were not as competitive as Constant Contact,

Megan

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Useful, Consistent, Not Always User Friendly

In general, I prefer Constant Contact over MailChimp, but it could be because I'm used to it (been using it for 10+ years) and because it's cheaper for the amount of contacts we have. I also like that I can do surveys through it. MailChimp also didn't seem any more user-friendly than Constant Contact when I tried to work with it a few times.

PROS

The email templates and survey features are really helpful. We can also connect their email lists into our website pretty easily. It's nice to have one paid service that sends out emails AND sends out surveys. MailChimp doesn't offer both features in one, so it's why I stick with Constant Contact. It's also cheaper than MailChimp for the amount of contacts we have. It's expensive, but it's the best one we've found.

CONS

It's not very user-friendly to make the edits I'd like in the actual emails I'm making. There aren't very many templates useful to us, so oftentimes, I end up making my own template and then saving it. The photos don't always load easily when I pull up our photo album, but it does eventually work when I mess with it a bit. My colleagues oftentimes have difficulty with using it as they're not as used to it as I am, so I wouldn't say it's user-friendly off the bat. It takes a learning curve for sure.

Reason for choosing Constant Contact

It would have been us making a switch from Constant Contact to MailChimp as Constant Contact was what we already had. I didn't feel like MailChimp was worth switching everything over, so I have just stayed with Constant Contact.

Michele

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Invaluable Tool for A Small Business or ANY Business

Constant Contact revolutionized the way we communicate with our clients to let them know what's coming up in our issues and how they can participate (our magazine is 100 percent supported by advertising) and our readers (each month we create an email "alert" with Constant Contact which lets our readership know that our free digital issue is now available online). My whole staff knows how to use it and it can be adapted to a great variety of communication purposes. Clients can download our rate kits from a Constant Contact email; readers can link to our issues from it. It has lowered our print bills for collateral materials immensely. No more printed flyers or brochures! And no more use of snail mail — clients can receive your Constant Contact mail immediately or at a pre-scheduled time.

PROS

Very easy to use. If you know how to upload an image or a graphic, you can create eye-catching emails or newsletter style communications very easily and modify or update them frequently and quickly. The analytics -- to see the percentage of recipients who opened your email and exactly which person did or didn't, the bounce rate which allows you to keep your lists current, and many other features are not only helpful but simple to use.

CONS

As time has gone on, the cost has increased, but it still saves us a great deal of money because our postage costs have gone way down. We hardly ever use our postage meter anymore for marketing mailings. It's all done through Constant Contact. They used to have a free desktop "widget" that allowed you to input an email address right from your desktop, but that has now been discontinued. It was extremely convenient for the way we do business. There are now other ways (paid) you can connect directly to Constant Contact to have new email addresses input, but we have not been successful at getting them to interface for us, even though they are supposed to work. Constant Contact support was not helpful on this at all -- this happened recently and was really our only disappointment with them EVER!

Reason for choosing Constant Contact

It was free at the time (for a certain low level of users) and the emails it produced looked more sophisticated in design than other products.

Lacy

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Outdated service

In general, Constant Contact feels like a software built decades ago that's bolted on features over time instead of a well-designed, intentionally integrated solution. Templates are old fashioned. Automations are limited. (For example, a welcome email cannot be a series.) Old sign-up forms are maintained, but weren't migrated to the new functionality, so we'd have to rebuild each one to modernize them. Custom contact fields are limited to text or date. Missing details like this add up to each project taking more time than it should. I suspect Constant Contact was a front-runner in the early days, but there are better email marketing solutions now at a similar or lower price point that offer a coherent, simple-to-use, and modern product. This was one of the first SaaS products I replaced with another service when I took over my job.

PROS

Drag-and-drop email builder is straightforward, and I appreciate the polling and RSVP functionalities. It's easy to collaborate with team members on the same projects (but not on a variety of projects -- see below). Overall the naming and location of items is intuitive, which makes it easy to find your way around if you've used other email marketing software. I like the ability to get a url to past email campaigns.

CONS

The templates and functionality are outdated, and it takes time to build out customized elements that fit with a modern aesthetic. Support is so-so; other service providers (such as MailerLite) have raised the bar with quick response times that Constant Contact just doesn't offer. This product works best for a single user or two. The list, segments, and tagging attributes offer flexibility, but they get out of hand quickly when used for multiple goals or by different teams. This email marketing service has been the hardest for us to keep clean. Additionally, there is a single unsubscribe form, which doesn't make sense when different teams use the same service. The search function for past campaigns doesn't work well, so it takes time to riffle through the list to what we need. This is how many of the features work: they're probably there, but it takes time to get what you need.

Jhonjerlyn

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

An excellent system to create campaigns and send them in a general way to registered customers.

The overall experience gained with this platform has been amazing, it has improved the marketing system within our company on a large scale, giving them a system where we can easily understand the interest in those customers as well as measure all the responses from each on our campaigns. Sending campaigns from this platform is extremely easy, because we have imported all the contacts in these clients and it is only enough to press a button to send the specific campaign to all registered clients. This platform also has an excellent integration system, which has allowed us to integrate this system, to the CRM platform, to be able to carry out negotiations by transferring the clients obtained f rom the advertising campaign. I'm happy with the results offered with this platform, it has helped me to obtain an excellent return on inverstment for the campaign created.

PROS

Constant Contact is a great platform to create all kinds of advertising campaigns, and send them to all the necessary clients, its capacity to create campaigns is superior to the competition, which helps the campaigns to be unique, with a quite different design. What I like the most about this platform is that it offers a different system to create advertising campaigns, within this platform you can create campaigns through code programming, and you can also create campaigns through the drag and drop editor, in this way, it will not be necessary that you have a programming experience, to create really attractive campaigns. Another thing that I like is that they allow nice real-time campaigns, I can see the progress of each one of them in real time, I can check how many clients have accessed the campaign and how many clients are missing to access it, like this as well as I can know from which region the visits to the campaigns come from. Lastly, I love the graphical analysis and diagrams that this platform offers me. I can see diagrams that help me predictively understand the trend that traffic is having in these campaings.

CONS

I really don't have any kind of problem with this campaign creation platform, at all times it has behaved wonderfully and has offered me a fairly stable platform, in which I can create campaigns from any device and you can monitor those from anywhwere, their accessibility is quite good and it offers a general panel, where all employees can access the same panel and create, edit and send campaigns from the same place. I'm satisfied with all the functionalities and features offered.

Marah