All Point of Rental Software Reviews

Beverly

Best Decision Ever Made

When we started with POR, I was posting all of our invoices to a general journal by hand! There was not enough hours in the day! POR gave me back a quality to my life. As a business, we have grown to two stores in 2009. POR helped us with that expansion. Thank God! Now both stores run smoothly through this system. When there is a problem, I pay for the yearly support and they are just a phone call away. I can usually get someone to remote in and walk me through a mistake or make me understand why the computer's accounting system did what it did. I have neither a degree in accounting or computer science but there are times when this program makes me feel like I'm a genius! It really is well thought out. The original owners always tested the new stuff in their rental store. The current owner grew up in a rental store. It is a program for the rental industry by people who new the rental industry, inside and out.

PROS

User friendly, very helpful support staff, constantly innovating to keep up with the times. Our business has grown volumes since we first purchased POR software in 2005. I cannot imagine what a nightmare my bookwork would be without this program! I l agonized with my husband in 2005 over what software to go with as it is an invstment, not one that you would throw away every two years and jump to a different software. We are so happy we chose POR!!! Great program, great people, will stay with this company forever!!!

CONS

I don't really have any complaints about the software. If I could change one thing it would be that some of the support staff from all of these years we have been with POR would not get older and retire!! We miss [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and all of the oldies but goodies! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] don't ever leave! You are the anchor in every storm! You are what every member on your support team should aspire to be!!

Hi Beverly! Thank you for all your kind words and we're sorry we didn't get to see this review until today! We're glad you're a part of the Point of Rental family and we're definitely working to keep Earl around as long as he continues to enjoy being here. =)

Replied April 2019

Andrea

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Point of Rental for the Equipment Rental Industry

Overall, our experience has been very positive. We have had our own growing pains as a company, and POR has stuck with us through it all, adapting our software modules as our own needs have changed. While there are a few things we would like to see function differently/better, overall, it is a great software program at a great value and they truly understand the equipment rental industry.

PROS

LOVE that the program is Windows based and overall easy to use. Many features have been updated and added and the ongoing updates following customer input and feedback are extremely helpful. Being able to utilize the program in a "training mode" is also key when bringing on new personnel.

CONS

Point of Rental has experienced tremendous growth in the last few years. When we first acquired the software, calling in for support was no issue, and a person always answered the phone. Now, calling in for support takes you to a switchboard and you often have to leave a message and wait for a reply, and due to the growth, it sometimes takes lengthy time to get the right support person to help resolve your issue.

Reason for choosing Point of Rental Software

Pricing, module availability/options, Windows based user-friendly system

Hey Andrea! We're glad you like the updates; it's a big deal to us to always be implementing y'all's ideas into the software. We're also working on making scalable support solutions - more knowledge base articles, video tutorials in uLearn, full training courses. Our goal is that when you do need to contact us, it'll be easier to get ahold of someone who can help you quickly. If it's ever taking what feels like too long to get assistance, you can email me or message our FB page and we'll help you escalate (or at least let you know why it's taking so long). -Brian P.S. I hear we're still using my voice on the phone tree, so I apologize for that as well. =)

Ellen

Reviewed September 2023

I won't tell you anything I haven't already told them...

Great time savings found through implementing Webpay & ESign. I would 100% recommend both.

PROS

Most of it works most of the time. There are many features which we'd like to use in a slightly different way but are frequently told that it can't do that. We've found a lot of value in paying to customize reports to meet our specific needs.

CONS

Getting anyone from support on the phone that can actually solve a problem is frustratingly tedious; they're all very nice, just not all helpful in a real way. Once you connect with someone who can solve an issue, they rock. We aren't impressed every time a human hears a suggestion/feedback and tells us to go add it to the peer voting system, generally that's why I'm communicating my needs/desires, not to go do it again or elsewhere. The sales team dropped so many balls on our account in the last year that I had to demand a new sales rep, who, due to all factors, delivered the information I was requesting a full three months later, eight months after I originally requested it.

Hey Ellen, thanks for leaving a review and we're glad that you're enjoying the software in general! I totally understand the frustration of feeling like you're being sent somewhere else when you have a suggestion, but let me offer the "why" so hopefully it's a bit less frustrating: uInnovate helps us manage requests from tens of thousands of Point of Rental users, see which are most desired and impactful, and prioritize solutions to implement. With dozens of developers and dozens of support agents, you can imagine the potential for miscommunication if we handled these requests internally. As a bonus for you, when you use uInnovate, you can see what others have suggested and (hopefully) that your request is already being worked on. =) We're also adding training for our first responders so they can address more issues immediately, preventing the need to wait for an expert; expertise takes time to develop, however. We look forward to continuing to work with you and hope to constantly improve your experience! -Brian

Replied September 2023

DKeith

Retail, 2-10 employees

POR, A life saver

One of the reasons that we purchased rental software was to keep track of the maintenance schedules on the machines and this software is excellent. You can set-up your desired intervals and the program will prompt you to do the work. Our system is so much better with POR. Thanks!

PROS

The software from POR is the most comprehensive that I considered and I looked at several. They have so many features that they should offer a college course just to teach you all the features. The dashboard is easy to understand and the performance of the information to help the facility to track every aspect of the business is great. They are helpful when you have a question, if there is some part of the program that you have yet to utilized. POR is a great company for the rental industry.

CONS

There are some modules that they require you to purchase if you want to have the ability to perform those functions, it would be nice if everything was included from the beginning.

Thanks for the kind words, Keith! We do have our version of a college course at our International Conference each year, where there are three days of training on nearly every aspect of the software (as well as one-on-one face-to-face time with our trainers), if you'd like to come down to Fort Worth in November. =) We make many of our features optional because there are thousands of rental stores using Point of Rental and lots of them don't need all the features - we try to give you the option to get only the features you need so you're not buying more than you want. We're glad you're enjoying what you have and we'd love to see you at our International Conference this year! Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family.

Replied March 2019

Brady

Point of Rental Essentials is essential to our business

Implementing Point of Rental Essentials years ago as our rental software transformed our business like no other software or system. It is a critical part of our business operations and will be for the foreseeable future.

PROS

Being able to quickly create quotes in Essentials, adding the items and services the customer requests, and moving that contract through the reservation, order, and receiving stages, is critical to our business.Creating kits of items like tents, audio-visual gear for specific types of jobs, and items that must go together, like an oven and a propane tank, is efficient and effective.

CONS

There are limitations in the payment processing and connecting that to our accounting that make it necessary for us to use work-arounds.Creating and working with customers who all work for the same company also doesn't work very effectively, making it so we go ahead and create many customers for the same company and just try to remember to make all the settings the same.

Reason for choosing Point of Rental Software

The price and feature set were matched to our needs.

Thanks, Brady! We're glad you're enjoying Essentials. Can you reach out and let us know what exactly you're having to create workarounds for? I'll send that info to our product team - we're always trying to make everything work as efficiently as possible. -Brian

Sue

Reviewed February 2022

Used to love them

Always loved their support staff, quick to respond and most often fixed the issue or could show you how it happened, rarely had to contact them as the system ran pretty smoothly, the updates install themselves so no need to get everyone out of the system for upgrades. In the last year, they have changed so much, and often switch it back, and it no longer works properly, updates have to be done manually, screens have changed, support is non-existent, email and wait a week for a reply, if that. Been working on an issue now since last August, just gets worse instead of fixed and no reason why it is happening.

PROS

Loved the software when I got it, training module is fantastic, ability to learn it easily is great, input is quite simple and usually fixable if you make a mistake, handles multiple locations, does depreciation.

CONS

Resale parts handling, reporting, receiving, pricing, inventory counting.

Reason for choosing Point of Rental Software

Salesperson as well as options of what it was supposed to do.

Reasons for switching to Point of Rental Software

Hated their windows software, never worked, spent most of the first year on the support line 40 hours per week. Impossible to use their product.

Becky

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Great Operating System

PROS

The many features of POR keep everything at your fingertips which is very useful in a busy rental equipment company.

CONS

I wish there was a class specifically for building reports. I have yet to figure out how to do this. I have been to two of the yearly conventions in hopes of this.

Reasons for switching to Point of Rental Software

Rentmaster did not suit our growing needs.

Hi Becky! We're glad you find the software beneficial! I've forwarded your comment on a class about building reports to our L&D team and our IC class-building committee; I know there are a lot of different requests for content, but hopefully you'll see something soon! -Brian

Pamela

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Point of Rental - the biggest gamechanger in our companies history!

We used to use several different, non-integrated, software products to get our quoting, bookings and invoicing done. Switching to POR where all the features we needed were integrated improved our office and shop efficiency to an extent that we didn't foresee.

PROS

The ability to program and manage dynamic packages for our tent inventory was huge for us! The support we've received over the decade of being with POR has been excellent overall. Investing in this software really was a turning point in our companies growth and is something I wished we had done sooner.

CONS

We do not appreciate the current subscription model of the software. When we initially joined we were able to purchase our user licenses or modules, now for additional users or modules we are leased them.

Reason for choosing Point of Rental Software

We initially looked into POR because of positive peer reviews when we asked what software they were using.

Pamela, thanks for the review - we're glad the software's working for you and helping your business grow!

Replied June 2023

Walter

Point-of-Rental_Review

PROS

Point of Rental will answer the phone anytime of the day or night with their own employees to help with any problems that you might have. Not only are there a million reports we can run but the system is also very easy to use and train people to use.

CONS

if we want to add functions to the system to taylor them to our needs it is hard to get that done.

Hi Walter! Thanks for the kind words! We're glad you're enjoying the system and of course we'd love to make all the changes customers request - but when you have more than 5,000 customers, you get a lot of requests for tailored features. =) Are you using uInnovate to suggest ideas so your fellow rental experts can vote on them? That's the easiest way for us to see which customizations should be a priority so we can keep making the best, most beneficial possible software for everyone. Thanks again for being a part of the Point of Rental family and we look forward to working with you to help you and Taylor Rental be as successful as possible. =)

Replied March 2019

Andre

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2017

Extremely happy with PoR. Excellent support from both the IT department and the support staff

Inventory sharing is great. We still have issues with the accounting aspect but mainly caused because we are new at using the software. Quick and easy to get information on a specific store. Also nice to have access to the databases. Reports are great as well.

PROS

The software is extremely easy to use. Training is less than 3 days. We like the inventory sharing as well.

CONS

Dispatch center needs to be upgraded. The maps are outdated and it is extremely difficult to route routes when you have to pick up equipment at different sites. The logistic tickets does not work for us. In many places in the software the system does not keep the filters or sort whenever coming in and out. The administration of users is really hard for us as we have over 500 employees. Not easy to find the user as you need to scroll down until you find the proper user.

Thank you for that feedback, Andre! We appreciate your input, as it helps us guide the future of our software - we look forward to working with you to overcome the obstacles you're facing now and make the benefits even better!

Replied November 2017

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Environmental Rentals

PROS

It contains a broad spectrum of Rental Management Reports, and functional reservation methodologies.

CONS

The only short comings I experienced with the software is that the excel downloads were not written to properly align column rentals. We need to provide critical reports annually to our accounting firm and a lot of time is wasted cleaning up aliging column headings.We use the Item Categories for Marketing purposes.Item types need to be expanded to make integration to sales tax software easier.Make an item type for Externally Purchased ServicesMake an item type for Freight it distorts Sales Values .Your item type breakouts feed the Standard POR Sales Tax Report.We customized a Sales tax report to put |DEL keyed items into separate columns, but an item type breakout would better integrate Freight for State Sales Tax Matrixes.You should implement the Rental Bookings report I mapped out for POR 11 years ago. We have been using it and I speced it completely for ypu.

Reasons for switching to Point of Rental Software

POR 11 years ago had the most functionality for the Purchase Price.

Hey Michael, we're happy that you're able to benefit from Point of Rental in general. I'm definitely not a reports expert, but I'd love to connect you with someone who might understand what you're looking for and either figure out if there's a better report to use for your needs, if we can get the report the way you want it, or otherwise explain why it hasn't been done. We definitely want reports to be helpful for the people that need 'em. =) Email me with more info so I can try to connect you with someone who can help? -Brian

Travis

Oil & Energy, 2-10 employees

Not a good choice if you customers pay 30-60 days

PROS

Ease of use once you get used to operating the system make a rental happen in moments. The tracking of the hours in and out is also nice.

CONS

This is one of my only complaints with POR. Currently you are unable to send customers monthly statements for all past due invoices. Once you have selected the invoice for monthly statement you are no longer allowed to add it to next month's statement if the bill has still not been paid. This is a huge accounting nightmare that quite honestly is ridiculous it was not a standard feature when the program was built. We now have to build an excel spreadsheet and add all the unpaid invoices each month costing us more time and money that we hoped to save.

Travis, thanks for the review! I've got great news for you - As of the last release of Essentials: "We now have a setting that gives you the ability to not only bill for contracts that have never had statements run on them, but also for the old ones that customers haven't paid yet. And just as cool, it shows the previous statement for each of those "rebilled" contracts." So hopefully you can now scrap Excel from this process. Check your release notes for more information. =) -Brian P.S. If you're not using Essentials, Expert and Elite have had this functionality for a long time; please contact support for help in setting that up.

Harmony

Point of Rental Software

PROS

Our last system was so old it was dying on us. Point of Rental made it easy for us to move from our old system to the new one. One of the most outstanding things about Point of Rental is the website. We have our rental website up within our store website. Also we really like the feature of being able to import images of the equipment before the contract goes out and importing the images when the equipment is brought back before the contract is closed. The help desk for this software has been overall been great.

CONS

In the beginning I had to watch a lot of tutorials on my own in order to figure out just exactly how to use it. Also I thought the integration with Paladin was going to be something completely different than how it is now.

Thanks for the review, Harmony! We're glad you enjoy the software and that our documentation and tutorials are helpful - our L&D team works really hard to make those and to keep them updated. -Brian

Joshua

So much potential

Inventory management and billing are the most integral part of our Rental process. POR continues to be our choice for rental management software because of this.

PROS

Inventory management is a very big part of our POR experience. POR has a great inventory interface. Accurate billing.

CONS

POR appears to be working on an improved customer service experience. If they keep at it the service experience should improve. For now I would say the service side is lacking urgency / quick communication when issues are reported.

Joshua, thanks for the feedback! We're glad the software's working well for you and we look forward to exceeding expectations on the support side of things as well. =) -Brian

Paolo

Solid Rental Software

Overall stock accountability and management has much improved with POR. Many features surrounding rental fleet management allow easy manipulation of equipment within the various modules.

PROS

Ease of use, overall functionality and features, software stability, very regular updates.User suggestions often integrated into existing software to improve usability going forward.

CONS

Nothing to mention here. As per my experience, client support reacts quickly to any queries and addresses issues in a timely manner.

Reasons for switching to Point of Rental Software

Better usability, stability and overall smoothness of function.

Thanks, Paolo! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience. =) -Brian

Greg

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Best software we have used.

The ease of new employees learning of the software is a great bonus, and the level of detail and constant improvement provided is great. Our old system was hard to learn on and did not provide same level of reporting as point of rental does.

PROS

Easy to use, very helpful staff and the level of detail within the product is what we like most. I love that they listen to their users and provide updates based on that feedback.

CONS

Reporting options can be challenging to learn, but usually there are multiple ways to get to same report, just takes some time to figure it out.

Thanks, Greg! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience. You might also be happy to learn about our recent addition to NetHelp, Report Finder. It catalogs all of our reports with an explanation of what each report is and where you can find it. All you have to do is search for what you want to know and Report Finder will find all the relevant reports. =)

Replied November 2018