• Pros

• "I love how easy it it to set up and for my clients to use. Straightforward and simple. Really appreciate the MailChimp syncing, too for occasional newsletters."

• "Easy to use. Makes it very easy to keep track of all our employees and their appointments."

• "I really like how simple and easy it is for someone to learn and use the software. I also found the customer support very helpful."

• Cons

• "Sometimes I find myself a bit confused by all the options, but I guess that's the price of having such great adaptability, and since the support is so good, this isn't really a problem. "

• "I can’t see any cons in this software, i think its just need to have sime update to remove the bugs. Other than that no problem encountered since ive start using it,"

• "I honestly have nothing but good things to say about this software. I have had nothing but good experiences while using this software."

Browse BookSteam Reviews

Anastasia from Healing Hands Therapeutic Massage & Corporate Wellness

Booksteam is the BEST scheduling software out there! We tried two others but third time's a charm.

Booksteam completely streamlined our old-school manual signup process and is light years ahead of the competition (SignUpGenius in particular). We are now able to have customers sort classes by location/practitioner/modality and class instructors are issued tablets to mark who attended (and didn't). This saves us SO many hours of work each week, it's great!

Pros

Booksteam is so versatile - customers can search by location, practitioner, class type, etc. And the reports it generates are very helpful in terms of tracking attendance, no-shows, and seeing trends develop over time. Also, I have to give a shout-out to customer support which is second to none. We had a LOT of questions when setting up the system, and I can honestly say there was not a single time they did not reply quickly and concisely (usually within a 2-hour window; sometimes as quickly as 5 minutes). This is a HUGE step up from the customer support at the two other scheduling services we tried.

Cons

I would just say that the setup process (particularly for multiple practitioners across several locations) takes a loooooong time. But I think it would with any software that has as many capabilities as this one. Once the setup is done, though, the hours it will save you in the future make it all worthwhile!

Sarah from Lewis FItness & Performance

Booksteam - simple, efficient, and effective

Wonderful experience overall, all schedule changes come easily (apart from the change of recurring clients as noted above) and very simple to view and teach to staff. Customer service has been helpful and quick each time we've reached out.

Pros

Very easy to use and very straight forward so it's simple to get done and show others how to use it. Being able to cap a group is perfect as well as being able to schedule different tasks (i.e. meetings, appointments, different classes, etc.). It's key to be able to see an individual schedule or the entire team at once to make planning and changes easier without overbooking an employee. The client activity history has been great to be able to track client attendance, lateness, NCNS, etc.

Cons

There isn't an iPhone app available for Booksteam yet and we keep hoping there will be to make it easier on our team members who use iPhone. Our biggest con at this time is the recurring client option for classes; you can set clients to recur, but you can't edit the recurring clients. So if a client moves their time permanently OR if a new client needs to be added to that recurring spot, you have to delete the class entirely and re-add it with the updated recurring clients.

Julia from Agenturplus

I love Booksteam and I want to contribute to make it better!

I had chosen to implement the system for my client (Yoga instructor) after evaluating Booksteam and other systems. At the end we decided to go with Booksteam. Client management and online booking was the most important feature for us. I wanted my client to be bookable over the internet and get rid of paper management.

Pros

Integration was very easy. It is intuitive to use. After all it was easy, because the support team was and still is awesome!

Cons

What I like least about the software is that it is not completely in German. I would like use everything in German - frontend (prio1) and backend (pro 2). As I already have done for the front end, I am willing to help you with ALL german translation issues. Send me the files, I will translate. 2. I would like to have the possibility to make presents to my clients - f.e. a gift certification for their birthday. Unfortunately, I am not able to do this, because I have to definitely buy a gift certification. 3. I would like a modification of the package logic. It should be possible using a package based on a price xy to redeem all classes based on the same price xy. I have different classes - all for the same price, but with different names. For all this classes, I would my client to be able to use the package they bought. (Note: Like references, where I can apply one reference to more than one class ??) I would like to be able to customize the feedback email, because I love the review feature. But it should also be in German. 4. Calendar: I am able to embed the Booksteam calendar, but it shows the attendants of a class. This might be a data protection issue. At the moment I integrated a google calendar at the customer's webpage. 5. I would love to get a notification, when clients bought a package online. 6. I would like the get a reminder of my client's birthdays. 7. Maybe there will be some more, but for the moment that's all.

Reasons for Choosing BookSteam

We liked the mini homepage solution and the easy use of the system and I really like the support of the team!

Cang from Lightspeed Saber League

Missing features, some broken

App doesn't work well on Android. Customers unable to book their families/children while using packages, and because the kids don't have email addresses I have to use their parent's email, but I am not allowed to create accounts with the same email. Interface is confusing. The list of clients on a given class on the calendar has lots of buttons, I don't know what they do. Those buttons respond slowly. For some reason sometimes the visits are properly deducted from package, sometimes not. I think if the customer booked it themselves, it is, but if I added them manually it is not. But I had to figure this out. Nobody told me. It's pretty bad

Pros

Inexpensive, responsive customer service

Cons

Not good for clients who are children or families with children

Marissa from Samsung

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Easy for holding records

Overall it was easy

Pros

I liked that it easily formated information

Cons

It didn't hit a lot of boxes on what we needed

Ekaterina from Lashme Eyelashes

The best booking software for the lashes business

Pros

I used to use Genbook software for all of my booking needs, after their price increase I switched over to BookSteam and never looked back. Not only Booksteam is better priced, but in my opinion it is a better software overall. I really like the booking page design, it is very stylish.

Cons

One thing I would like is for booksteam to add Square integration. Otherwise it is a perfect platform.

Erin from Body Language Massage LLC

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Quick response with calendar not loading

I love that I do not need to be by a phone to make business happen. I'm spending my time giving massages and running reports, not scheduling. My clients think the site is really easy too.

Pros

The smart scheduling option where booksteam calculates online appointment start times automatically. This saves money and keeps my massage therapists booked, making the most use of their time!

Cons

Text reminder doesn't have options to customize. I've had clients try to reply to the text to cancel, and that doesn't work. I cannot find a place to process customer receipt or printing a list of their past appointments. This would be helpful for submitting documentation for flexible spending or health savings accounts. Even though the e-mail option works very quickly when there is a customer service issue, I still miss the person to person contact of a phone call. But, my issue was resolved within minutes of sending, so I guess this system works.

Zoe from ItiSimple

Good product, excellent customer service/responsiveness

Overall my experience has been excellent. Any software or billing issues have been addressed with fabulous service, attention to detail and efficiency. Many thanks for making this techno-moron very happy!

Pros

Any time I have had an issue with the software, the response has been immediate and the communication has been stellar throughout the process of fixing, or adapting, the software for my use. I like the product and find it fairly easy to use.

Cons

Some functions are not obvious or easy to find. I am a non-techy, so the 'treat me like I'm 4 years old' approach from any software works a treat for me!

Reasons for Choosing BookSteam

For me, it was far easier than most others

Mackenzie from AOG

Amazing software

Pros

This software is affordable and very useful!

Cons

It does not have an app yet :( when they develop an app for it, it will become the BEST!

Kate

Industry: Cosmetics

December 2015

A+++ service from the beginning

I used this company on and off for about 2 years now and received the best service from them. They're constantly adding new features / updates which makes my experience that much more pleasant. VERY helpful product for my business.

Melissa from Green Heart Awakening, LLC

Good value without a lot of frills

BookSteam's lack of frills and options is redeemed by its low cost and really stellar customer service. Overall, I am pleased with the software.

Pros

Customer support is great! I had a couple of problems integrating BookSteam into my web site, and customer support worked with me until it was fixed.

Cons

This is low-frills booking software. It is easy to set up regularly occurring classes, but anything more complicated requires a workaround. Requests I've sent to customer support include: 1) the ability to set up a class series, where students register and the system enrolls them in every class in the series, 2) a waiting list, 3) the ability to find a class once it has been cancelled from the schedule - Beware! If you cancel a class and have it display as cancelled on your public calendar, it is there forever. There is no way to remove it. 4) having all classes show on the public calendar. Currently only classes that can be booked online can be displayed. If you have a class that you do not want to be booked online, you cannot display it on the calendar. Therefore, I have had to use a Google calendar in addition to the BookSteam calendar, so customers can see the full array of classes offered.

Matthew from Sheffield Ashtanga Yoga /Massage Therapy Sheffield

Works perfectly for my needs

Saves me time, gives me a wide range of marketing options and helps me manage my clients and records

Pros

There is a lot of software that does appointment booking or class booking and a few that do both, but when I looked at the ones that do both something always didn't work the way I needed it to... Until I found Booksteam. The versatility and range of options have really allowed me to set everything up just as I need it and the cost is lower than most of the competition too. I've had to contact support a few times and they've always been super helpful and quick to respond. They've also be receptive to my development suggestions. Overall I've been very happy that I went with Booksteam.

Heather from The Tidy Maiden

Best Booking Software Ever!

This software saves so much time on so many things. I used to have to contact workers to see who would be available for a job. Then I would have to enter all of the client info into Quickbooks, import the Quickbooks info into my scheduling software. No MORE! On Booksteam staff can modify and set their own hours. Clients book them and the staff receives all the info they need for the job. My business can pretty much run itself now. I love this software. I have not found one like it yet.

Pros

Pros Staff schedule themselves I can have multiple staff and locations Each staff and location can have different services and prices assigned to them Create an online store Promo codes Gift certificates

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about Booksteam. Booksteam is the best.

April from North East Training

NET Review

It solved the ability for students to book and pay on line to do our courses

Pros

it incorporates well into my website and takes payments when a student enrols

Cons

It doesn't link into our etrain, so I have to send another email to a student for them to enrol and complete the online learning. When I retrieve information (questions I ask when Book) I cant copy and past that information, and its so small I struggle to read it

Reasons for Choosing BookSteam

Recommendation from another firstaid training provider and seemed good option

Tanya from Hotel Study

Industry: Research

Excellent Value

I use the program daily and overall it’s worked very well without any problems.

Pros

We were looking for a scheduling program for our research office, after doing a lot of convoluted research online (the different companies don’t make it easy) I happily came across Booksteam. It meets all our requirements at a great price.

Cons

Unfortunately, you cannot reorder the staff in the calendar view, there are staff I like to keep within view at the top of the calendar but there is no option to be able to do this.

Rob from Boss Frog Tattoos

Industry: Graphic Design

Booksteam is awesome!!

Their software is great! It's easy to use and has really helped us streamline our scheduling. And you cant beat their customer service. We accidentally erased one of our staff members and all her appointments. After sending a support request they got back to me almost immediately and were able to recover all the info we lost. Saved me a weeks worth of work tracking down all the appointments. I cant thank you guys enough!! Long live Booksteam!!!!

Pros

Searpons from GLOBALTRONICS INC.

Best for online scheduling tool

Great services, great software.

Pros

Booksteam makes our job more easy and make all transactions faster, our clients can book online without any hassle. And we can accomodate them too easily,

Aida from MSI-ECS

Can save your time

Great software! Hope to continue to use this software, well done

Pros

This software is the best for busy person, for their hectic schedule it can turn to save their time, this software is a online scheduling tool. Our clients can book online

Cons

I cant say any problem with this software, the interface is really simple and nice. Amazing and helpful!

Absolutely tremendous

Being able to manage my clientes, invoices as well as my favorite feature of selling my photography online.

Pros

Absolutely the only way I will keep my appointments lined up! The best feature that I enjoy is selling my photography online. This has helped my company retain and grow tremendously throughout the last two years.

Cons

When I first started using book steam I couldn't access it from my phone. As of now I am able to have everything from my desktop on my mobile devices through my business.

Jodilyn from Moda Body + Face

So easy to use!

Clients can schedule online with ease.

Pros

Cons

Wish there were more color theme options or patterns to spruce it up a little while remaining basic and simple to navigate.

Abraham from Rishavena Home Health Care

Comprehensive Scheduling On An intuitive Platform

We utilized the software with a company I worked with for my last 4 months with them.

Pros

BookSteam is far more comprehensive and complex than its leading competitors and it offers this elevated level of service at a reasonable price. The client side scheduling tools were an unbelievably useful addition that we had not read about before utilizing the software, but came in handy all the same. Customer Support was on par with some of the best companies that I have ever worked with.

Cons

The system was a bit too complex for some our older employees and clients but there was improvement after training using the resources provided with the software. Initial install takes a while and I wish I had known that ahead of time to block off an hour or two of my schedule

Don from Georgia's Dream Nannies

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great Experience

We have been using Booksteam for several months and so far it has worked really well for us. We are not their typical customer as we have a small Staffing Company and we use it to the candidates can schedule interviews themselves with the time slots we have available. It makes it really easy and convenient for us.

Pros

Ease of use once you are working with it

Cons

It can be a little confusing to set up. Some of the terms that were used when we set it up were not something we typically use.

Jude from Six Fields UK

Quality product, excellent support

An excellent scheduling system with helpful guides and intuitive use backed up by fast, knowledgable and efficient customer support. Highly recommended.

Pros

Easy of use and functionality

Cons

Not able to white label to put client brand on so creates a disconnect in client booking experience

Gemma from Tranquility Base Massage Therapy

The Best Business Tool For Increasing Sales

BookSteam has simplified the scheduling of appointments not just for me but for my patients. They appreciate the ease of using the app. No more playing telephone tag.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Patients are expressing difficulty accessing the system if they have forgotten their password. Even when they follow the instructions to obtaining their password, they are advised that their email address is already in the system.

November 2014

Jessica

November 2014

easy appointment management

We have been using booksteam for a while and it's the best appointment management software we have used thus far. Being able to get our clients to schedule their appointments online has transformed our business drastically. Here is how it works: Booksteam provides us free business scheduling page, we setup working hours, staff hours and our services. We place a 'booknow' button on our business website for our clients to click. Clients then redirect to the booksteam scheduling page, select our staff, services they wish to book and click confirm, that's it. Clients also receive reminders so they don't forget their appointment time, which is amazing! I also absolutely love how I can sync my calendar with my iPad calendar, whenever I get new appointments in booksteam it automatically shows up in my iPad.

Pros

Easy to setup, lots of features, can sync my calendar, client email and sms reminders, can view statistics for my business, nice layout

Cons

Please add mail chimp integration, that would be really convenient for me.

iyalekhue from University of Benin(uniben)

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Fantastic experience

Pros

Apart from the fact that the software is easy to use, it also has a wonderful support feature that listens to feedback

Cons

I must say, so far the software has helped my clients organize appointments, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Chris from Kroc Center

Scheduling made easy!

Pros

Many features and produces thorough reporting to organize and streamline your business. When running into issues I have had a great experience with their customer support. Very timely and gets me the answers I need. Scheduling and tracking appointments made easy.

Cons

The start up process may take some time to learn. With so many feature it's understandable. Short term pain for long term gain which will save you many hours and keep you organized. Give it a try!

Helena from Gelous

Where have you been Booksteam! Finally a Canadian online booking system that’s amazing!!

I’ve only used it a few weeks and am so happy I made the switch from Booker. Top notch system, customer service and very affordable for small business.

Pros

-cost -Canadian company -ease of use for clients -easy to use as an administrator

Cons

-No option to enter tip on receipts -don’t like that swipe holds funds for 6 days when a client purchases a gift card -no option for reviews outside the system such as google, Facebook etc -can’t customize certain client notifications - no option for online product purchase

Allana from Keg Australia

December 2015

Fantastic Software that just works loaded with features

Pros

Many features that make booking process easier and faster such as multiple offices, paypal payments, services+classes, google calendar sync. SMS reminders and notifications are fast and reliable which are extremely helpful in minimizing noshows. Entire site is easy to navigate and operate.

Cons

I would like to have my customers to be able to book multiple staff in one room instead of separate schedules.

Erik from MSI-ECS

Booksteam is good to go app

Books steam is awesome for appointment scheduling tool.

Pros

I really in booksteam is ther is a auto online report that lets you track the attendance right away. Love it!

Cons

If its your first time to use book steam its a bit tricky to set up but once you get hang of it, its not so bad.

August 2016

Josh from Australian First Aid

August 2016

Booksteam is fantastic

Pros

Really easy to use, flexible and the support team are attentive and take feedback constructively to improve their product.

Cons

Didn't like that you couldn't customize the colour scheme - but this has been recently added as a feature.

Albert from Z T Consultants

Book steam for one on one tuation music school

Pros

easy to set up and use, very flexible to arrange appointments on the calendar and do the re-schedule.

Cons

reporting functionalities are limited. If Book Steam can develop more functionalities for reporting will be good, such as monitor clients whose credit in package are low and auto remider them to buy new packages, stc.

Stacy from Ming Yoga Limited

Customisations & Functionality

Fairly a straightforward and easy online system for bookings but limited choices of customisations

Pros

Easy and simple for users to select respective functions or to set up the back end maintenance

Cons

Limited or almost zero of customisations e.g company logo or name cannot be shown from the invoice or customers’ booked classes cannot be linked or synced to their calendars

Reasons for Choosing BookSteam

Cheaper and easy for new and small business set up

Greg from LWell LPC, PLLC

we love booksteam!

We used to use another company before (don't want to name them but it starts with S...) and we were constantly dealing with issues and empty promises, it was very frustrating. Then we switched to a company offering free service (that was a huge mistake), a lot of time wasted once again. Finally we switched to booksteam over 6 months ago (from a friends tip) and it's been like a breath of fresh air (I hope I'm not going to jinx it now). Everything just works, I no longer have to email support every week (like I did with a previous company), now I spend more time actually doing my work. Support is also very friendly/helpful/quick whenever I need something.

Steven from LoSasso

I really like the how simple and easy it is to use.

Mike from Urban Camper - Mike Calabro Photography

Industry: Photography

Saves tons of time and makes booking easy for companies

Pros

I am a photographer and this app makes booking so much easier. I have only tested this app out and have not fully implemented it yet. But I want to start using it so I don't have to stay stuck to my phone in fear that I might miss a booking call.

Cons

Most of my photography is for magazines so paying money for a booking app that will only be used wveyfew months do not work for me. This is best suited for wedding and portrait photographers.

Victoria from Travel Car Services (Purley) Ltd

Simple...

Pros

This does exactly what it says on the tin - schedules appointments - save money because the slots that are booked are scheduled to what i need.

Cons

Its just a simple software - no wow factor - you get what you pay for. Set up took a while.

Shah Abdul Latif from VoidLoops

Late to know about it but... Seriously impressed!

Pros

Very good customer support. Quite versatile solutions with plenty of options to select from. Very helpful reports. Beautiful User Interface.

Cons

Somehow confusing at set up but that't not a big deal. Some minor issues but again not a deal breaker.

Leanne from UniCare Limited

Your customers will love booksteam

I was looking for a booking system for a while and glad I found booksteam. Support is awesome, because I didn't know anything about this platform so I was asking a lot of questions and support came through every time. One of the features that stood out, is that I could fully customize my booking page with different colors which tailored to my business webpage look. My customers really love booking online, where they can easily reschedule their appointment if needed. Now my focus is on work and not picking up phone every 20 minutes :)

Christine from Brit & Yank [a wax studio]

Perfect for one person startups

As an Esthetician, I have found Booksteam to offer an extremely well priced book system. It's relatively easy to figure out although it might take a few tries to figure out the inner workings. It doesn't have everything that I was hoping for but it's absolutely adequate for business owners on a budget. Clients have sometimes complained about having to insert their credit card details everytime they book but, you can reassure them that their info is never saved and actually provides protection. I use Booksteam alongside Weebly.

Loving BookSteam

We moved to BookSteam a few months ago and must say that we are really impressed. Not only does the product itself fit our needs and is easy to use for both clients and staff, the customer service is outstanding. The support team are prompt in replying and very helpful - even going above and beyond to assist those of us that are not quick so "tech savvy". We made a number of suggestions that would make the program even better and already these have been implemented - WOW!!! Cathy Reeves Plant Essentials Australia

May 2015

Monica from InteriorWerx

May 2015

Great Simple Software - Easy to Use, Not Very Versatile

Pros: Easy to use Offers lots of great features Works with PayPal Links with your personal calendar Support responds quickly Cons: No promo codes for discounts Calendar entries could be more customizable in the way they display information Doesn't allow clients option to prepay or to pay onsite - must be set up one way or the other

Response from BookSteam

Replied November 2015

Hi Monica, thank you for your review and suggestions. Recently, we've added "Pay later" option where clients can now prepay or book and pay later. Hope that helps :)

Claytonia from ULC Educational Support

BookSteam Scheduling System

BookSteam has allowed to take the responsibility of scheduling away from me and give it to the client. It prevents miscommunications and streamlines the process. If has allowed me focus on other aspects of my business, and as a solopreneur, that is invaluable.

Pros

I found BookSteam to be user friendly and easy to navigate. I like that it provides a mini webpage option for booking purposes and it is affordable for small businesses.

Cons

There were some features that I would like to have as a convenience, but they do not take away from the value of the system.

Richard from Guardian Level Cosulting LLC

huge time saver

My business is no longer myself, it's grown, and between me and my 7 employees we schedule a ton of appointments and pen and paper just doesn't cut it. To make it even more complicated, we offer various group shops in multiple locations and the only software that has it all is book steam. It is honestly a huge time saver for us, around 70% of our clients book their services/group shops online and we have a TON of clients. I'm not sure what I would do without you guys! Keep it up!

June 2014

June 2014

booksteam solved my big scheduling issue

It was tough running small business and answering phone calls all the time, I could not concentrate on my work. After getting setup with BookSteam, my phone almost stopped ringing, I'm less irritated, more focused on work. Thanks.

Pros

clients get email notifications and appointment reminders so they don't forget, calendar looks great, can add my other worker as a stuff member

Cons

none so far, hopefully it'll continue like that

Courtney from Oh My Lashes!

Industry: Cosmetics

BookSteam

Pros

Used the free trial while trying to find the best booking software for my business. Easy to use, straight forward. Client history is detailed and easy to track.

Cons

The text reminder system is flawed, sometimes there is too many options and it could be condensed down to fewer options.

Alek from Media One LLC

Impressive and user friendly

I can't say enough good things about booksteam, head and shoulders above the rest! If you want your business to improve and become less stressful (don't we all), you have to try this software. +++awesome looking design, supports multiple offices, mailchimp and paypal integration, google calendar sync, prepaid packages, loaded with a ton of features and has fast responding support team (what's not to love?).

Bernadette from Iridium Technologies Inc.

Easy way for appointment scheduling

Good to go . Highly recommemded to everyone.

Pros

The interface is very simple and easy to use. Booksteam is auto online report and best for appointment scheduling tool.

Cons

Could improve the initial set up and the customer support. I didn't see any bad with it. Its still very useful for me.

Fantastic scheduling software after you've learned the ropes

Pros

I had to test out a scheduling software for a client and this was by far one of the best on the market. I finished the setup and was able to get a testable demo ready for the client. You can even have it send your customers text messages.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve at first, but it doesn't take long to take full advantage of the software. The customer service is also fantastic. I had no real big issues with using BookSteam.

November 2015

Josh from HK Boncho Tai Chi

November 2015

awesome software in many ways!

Our studio in Hong Kong has been using booksteam for a while now and we have been satisfied. We tried many other companies before but half of them look very dated (design wise) and other half lack many features, glad we found booksteam! Very nice and friendly support team, anything I ask they reply instant and professional (and I ask a lot of questions ha). Loving it!