• Pros

• "I like how the app syncs automatically, the app is very easy to use, lots of great features that makes running the business easier"

• "Good package, integrates with Xero which makes the book keeping a lot easier. Fast email support and user friendly."

• "simple and easy to use, have never experienced any issues and someone has always been the other end of the phone and or an email to assist with anything i have been unsure of."

• Cons

• "There is so many features that it can be a bit overwhelming, but having the support available an email away means we can always get help."

• "Maybe a simpler to use mobile app - also some sort of small safety check form when signing off jobs The system can be a bit slow from time to time but nothing serious."

• "The importing of a current database and the uploading of parts can be long winded. but once done its very good"

Browse Commusoft Reviews

Phil from PCL Heating & Gas Engineers Ltd

Reliable, advanced, bespoke software that I genuinely couldn't run my business without.

Pros

Apart for the ability to seamlessly control every aspect of my business, from the initial customer inquiry all the through to invoicing, it's the customer support and wide range of industry-specific knowledge which the Commusoft team delivers that sets them apart from the competition. I really don't know how I managed before using Commusoft. Commusoft is constantly evolving and updating. Whenever I think of a function I would like to see available it's usually already been thought of and in the process of happening.

Rob from Hereford Heating Ltd

Industry: Utilities

I would not hesitate to recommend the software and support team at Commusoft.

The availability of Commusoft allows us a competitive edge as a 24/7 service provider, and ensures we remain at the forefront of advances in information technology.

Pros

Following the introduction of Commusoft into my business in 2011, Commusoft desktop and mobile platforms have allowed us to tailor their software to our specific requirements, with the ability to customise data and KPI reports and retain them to suit our business needs. Prior to the integration of Commusoft, we used hard copy documents, accounting and certification packages to manage the business. Post 2011, Commusoft now handles this virtually paperless, with total transparency for all users. The management of jobs for employees and sub-contractors is simplified from the point of initial customer enquiry, through to work completion and live invoicing whilst our engineers are still on site. Existing customer service reminders are also a benefit, including the availability of customer details, appliance data, work history, photo images, etc. which saves time by allowing our engineers and administrators live shared work updates. Live engineer status when en route to customers’ homes via vehicle fleet tracking, which customers can view through their smart phones when our engineer accepts their specific job. This is beneficial to both parties as customers are not needlessly waiting at home for our arrival, ensures our engineers are not waiting to gain access, and assists safeguarding with engineer name, photo ID, and industry certification detail availability prior to their arrival. The routine upload of live site images also aids the resolution of possible discrepancies.

Cons

Nothing that hasn’t been quickly remedied through the live assistance of the Commusoft support team.

Jill from AJM Plumbing

Brilliant Software for Plumbing Business

We have used commusoft for approx 5 years. We went from a paper office and excel spreadsheets to a much more efficient way of working. The program makes you feel in control of each job, with the ability to know exactly what's going on and inform your customers accurately and invoice easily.

Pros

Easy to invoice. Like being able to look back historical jobs in a property. Easy to communicate jobs to engineers.

Cons

In general we feel happy that the program does what we need it to.

Martin from M R C Heating and plumbing Ltd

Experience with commusoft

When you first start you should be given more one to one help, then mistakes wouldn't happen. Bit disappointed with the diary and other features, cant understand why I've not been set up on the new system yet which looks a lot better. Seem to be having lots of problems with the two systems together quick books and commusoft.

Pros

Customer data base, quick to find out what you have done at a property,

Cons

need more training on how to use the software, now ive been using it a while, I'm sure there is plenty of bits I'm not using that I could be using

Response from Commusoft

Replied December 2016

Hi Martin, we appreciate users have different roles/skills within a business, so we provide users access to our knowledge base which contains videos/guides about how to use the system. We have training programmes for 1-2-1 training, walking clients through the system and provide consultation on how to adhere to best practises when using the system. Let me know if you want more details. I've checked with the technical team regarding QB and cannot see open tickets with you on this, please email support@commusoft.co.uk who will be happy to help. As much as we would love to have all our clients on the new version, the process is not a simple software upgrade and much more like moving from one software to another. This means the process is longer and more complex. We¿ve already started migrating clients as part of the beta program so we can make sure we are ticking all the boxes as your data is important to us, as it is to you.

Anthony from Frontier Plumbing and Heating

Plumbing & Heating Software Review

We have been using Commusoft for around 5 years. I would recommend this software without hesitation, the impact this platform has is instant. My only regret is that I didn't implement it sooner.

Pros

The diary system on this software is second to none. From booking, attending and completing a job report there really is no other software currently on the market that can tick all the boxes for us.

Cons

A phone integration mod would be a great addition to this software.

Georgina from John Williams Heating Services

Fantastic Software! Amazing Support!

Our experience with Commusoft has been first class in all aspects including the informative and comprehensive documents provided to help with the migration to the new version and the brilliant software. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Commusoft to anyone looking for a fantastic, easy to use system with plenty of functionality!

Pros

We have recently upgraded to the most recent version of Commusoft and absolutely love it! The software is very user friendly for both office staff and engineers. There is a lot more functionality within the new version which makes everything much easier and quicker. We were a bit apprehensive about making the leap to the new version however the support we have received in both the pre and post migration calls and the training calls has been absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have wished for more!

Cons

There is nothing about the new version of commusoft that we don't like and we can't wait to keep discovering all the new features and learning how to get the best from the software (all of which is provided by the amazing support team).

Karen from Orange Fox Electrical Limitied

Job Management Software

Saves us time which obviously saves money Customer communication with regard to jobs/diaries is more up to date Easy to use app Great training

Pros

After extensive research into various job management software we found that a lot of software which looked good on the surface was actually only good for basic functions and once you started looking more in depth it became clear that they were built for smaller business with only a couple of staff. Commusoft was very different, yes it looks good on the surface and does the basic functions BUT more importantly it also has much more in depth and comprehensive performance in the background. It enables diaries to be updated easily and quickly with full details, it enables text/email messages to both engineers and customers. The customer intergrations from Xero worked smoothly and the link works well. We now also use it for tracking vehicles and it has saved us money from the seperate tracking software we used to use. With any software there are also things that we would like improved and any comments and improvements suggested are email in and the staff behind the scenes as such seem to welcome these and put them in the mix for potential updates in the future.

Cons

The next package up is more expensive BUT does allow for auto input of suppliers invoices, we would like an option of having this available for office staff without increasing the monthly price for engineers who only have app access and engineer capabilities on the app so never use some of the brilliant features of the software.

Lawrence from DB Heating Limited (DEVON)

Great product, forever evolving and moving forward with our expectations

We have solved our struggle with annual service reminders and recording the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We are very happy with the product and cant see us using anything else for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The seamless continuity between the diary and job booking/logging/location recording is a great asset to our business. As a mere glance we can see what engineers are encountering issues, areen route to appointments or have completed tasks.

Cons

The inability to merge duplicate entries. Be this customers, or duplicate jobs. As with any system some human error is unavoidable. We really wish that duplicate customer records could be merged or hidden so as to avoid future confusion or conflicting data.

Victoria from Safe Gas NI Ltd

Industry: Oil & Energy

Excellent Service

Pros

This software is vitail to the day to day running of our business and enables the engineers on the road to upload photos, mark payments and make notes so the office can see this instantly.

Cons

i havent found anything i dont like about this software to date

Mary from Jimmy's Plumbing and Heating

Industry: Oil & Energy

Comfortable user

Pros

Have been using Commusoft for about a year now. I reviewed a couple of systems and spoke to other companies that were using it before making the choice. We are really glad we went with it.

Cons

It’s not perfect but I would still give it at least 4**** as I don’t know how we would ever survive without it now! I don’t quite understand why I can’t have telephone support but saying that the email support is very good

Chris from Aurora Heating Ltd

Wow!!! This is not a software update this is a supercharge of an already great system.

I hate writing reviews but would have felt guilty not to give credit where due with Commusoft. The team at Commusoft and their level of service have have always been top notch! You ask - they help. Commusoft have listened to us and have developed this software accordingly to what we need - and more. My transition to V4 was seamless and very well structured from the trial, right through to the installation and follow up support. The tutorials and online help are comprehensive. Throughout my dealings with Commusoft, I have always felt like a valued customer and not another "number" talking to someone on the phone who doesn't care and can't wait to get you off the phone and close off the job you have asked them to help with. That make a difference and hope that will not change with the inevitable continued success of their product!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Keep up the excellent work!!

Pros

It's a fantastic piece of software that makes all aspects of running of my business so easy. I have used Commusoft for 6 years now and this latest version is even more powerful than i ever expected. Other than the improved interface on both desktop and mobile platforms the flexibility to shape this software to your own business needs is great. I particularly like the reporting function where any data reports you may want are available for you to customise and save for future use as your "own" reports. Its hard to imagine how I coped without this software using separate spreadsheets, documents, accounting and certification packages to run my business when Commusoft does it all and make it so easy. The management of jobs for yourself and employees is so easy from the initial enquiry to completion and invoicing. Maintaining your existing business with service reminders is great and the ability to have your customer details and appliance data, work history etc at your fingertips is also great, saving time and offering your customer that "personal feeling" I can talk forever about this software but won't bore you but lastly the other feature I really will benefit from on this new version is the previously monotonous task of contacting Tenants for access!! This is made so simple in Commusoft.

Cons

I've run out of space so as there are no negatives Ill continue with the Pros: I will be adding the vehicle tracking feature to offer my customers the flexibility to see where we are in relation to their property so they can "pop out to the shop" knowing they will not risk missing us. More of a PR thing in my case I suppose but also great for slotting in an emergency job for engineers in the same area. Maybe bringing our industry "up to date" In summary Commusoft is my best friend and can't imagine running my Plumbing and Heating business without it!!

Angela from W Williams Plumbing and Heating Ltd

Industry: Utilities

An incredible learning experience the whole process has been conducted efficiently and smoothly.

The most important benefit is being able to relieve the Director of all the admin tasks that he has been doing up until this point. To streamline the whole procedure from taking the initial call to the job being completed and invoiced. Having all the revelvent information for every customer in one easy to access package will prove to be invaluable in the future. Information being available to all engineers quickly and easily. Completing everything in a professional and efficient manner. To be able to develop and grow the business with a more productive system in place.

Pros

The versatility of the software is incredible, it covers every aspect of what we need as a business to enable us to evolve and develop. The Xero integration is very impressive and has made the process of invoicing and payments very straightforward, even linking the customers was actually really easy. The system is overall very easy to use with help every step of the way with the help manager I usually find what I need to assist me. Having everything in one place will be very beneficial and as I progress with the system it will enable the business to achieve its full potential. The reason I wanted this software was to take as much of the admin work from the Director so that he can focus more on the job and development of the company, which this system I believe will help us achieve. I am not experienced in software packages as such, however, this software has really impressed with how easy it has been for me to grasp the basics. I am sure in time we will wonder how we ever coped without it. Everything is easily accessible and the layout and format very easy to use and pleasing to the eye. We have had a lot more estimates accepted since using the software as it gives the customers confidence in us due to the way everything is now presented to them via Commusoft. The reporting is a very useful and easy to use function, which is one of my favourite aspects of the software. Overall I am very impressed with the software and very happy I decided to go with Commusoft.

Cons

Its hard to say what I like least about the software at the moment as I havent personally come across anything negative at this point.

EJ from Ultra Building Services Ltd

Excellent diary software

Overall we are really impressed with both the diary software and customer support which is fantastic, we have had to call a few times where we did not understand somtheing and the issue was explained right away and the problem solved.

Pros

We really like the option for our engineers to note the locations of the boiler, gas meter, and stopcock, this information is vital to us as we have a lot of repeat business for estate agents and often the tenants are not home and knowing the location of the boiler and gas meter really saves time for the next engineer who may not have attended the property the previous year.

Cons

One of the things we least like about using the software is the issues we sometimes have when one of our engineers says the job is complete when in fact the job has been scheduled for consecutive days which means you have to completely add a new job as you cannot add a new event on the same job. This, of course, is a user error, where the engineer has clearly misunderstood the question, the engineer does mean to say he has completed the works for that day. I think it would be great if this error could be undone without having to add a new job.

Response from Commusoft

Replied January 2019

Hi EJ, Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it and we're glad to hear that Commusoft is saving your team time. With regards to engineers accidentally completing jobs - we understand that will happen from time to time, so we actually do have a way to undo it and un-complete the job. Our client services team will send you more information on that! :) Thanks!

KERRY from Xbg Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Commusoft Feedback

We have had a brilliant experience with Commusoft and all the staff we have come in contact with. In particular, our trainer was exceptional. Very patient and thorough when explaining processes. Nothing was too much trouble and queries were responded to promptly and in detail. The only comment we have about training is that it would have perhaps of been useful to split the training sessions to have some before we went live with the new system and then the remainder post live to go over the finer details etc.

Pros

The automated functions within the system such as service reminders and, feedback notifying customers and engineers of bookings. Having the ability to build and brand templates so we are more effective with resource and helps to reduce error giving a more professional image. The reports and costing functions are extremely useful and again will save on resource and enable us to focus our business more.

Cons

It would be useful to preview emails (e.g. service reminders) before they are sent. There have been a few items we have raised that would improve the functionality but these have been taken on board and being considered for future development.

Karl from Bumblebee Plumbing & Heating

Industry: Utilities

Excellent Service, Fantastic System.

My overall experience with Commusoft has been very positive, the pre-migration call and post-migration call where very easy going and enjoyable, and I must admit, I was quite concerned it would be awkward, not at all, the reps are very supportive, understanding and patient, and put you at ease. Any concerns are quickly dealt with in a clear and easy to understand way.

Pros

The leap from version 3 - 4 was night and day, but it didn't take a whole lot to learn the new system as it still felt familiar, but significantly more polished. The customisation options and the settings in the new software are it's biggest selling point compared to the old one. I remember initially speaking to one of the reps and them saying, in the old system we are only using 5% of what Commusoft is capable of and thinking... well if there are more features... they are not readily available or are very hard to find. This is not the case in V4.

Cons

I would struggle to find anything I really dislike, If anything I would like to be able to get an event booked into the diary before putting in the information of the job, as it keeps the customers hanging on, but I am still learning the system and so there might be a way I can actually do that, which I have not yet found, it's still early days.

Daniel from Furness Heating Engineers Ltd

Could not live without it now.

After using other programs and services for a long while and finding that there were mistakes and errors causing many man hours wasted this was a breath of fresh air. Once you have set this up and used it for the first year it begins to make you money. Services that you would have once missed or jobs that you mislaid are a thing of the past. The system takes a little to get used to but the support is very good and fast to respond. There are a few features that could improve it further but it is tailor made for the industry so has great features already. Overall a fantastic piece of software which is currently undergoing an overhaul to improve it further. Would highly recommend for a single man to a large company.

Pros

Ease of use Features Service reminders Job information is easy to find Saves a lot of man hours.

Paul from Switched On Electrical

Great software product

Being a small business we ran with manual records before finding Commusoft. It's become an essential time saving customer management tool.

Pros

The software is user friendly . It makes managing the process from enquiry to invoice and payment very easy. It helps us provide great customer service which is really important. Reporting features help with general business management. There are areas of the software that we aren't using fully and are looking forward to getting these set up to further support our business. The support team are quick to review and help us resolve any problems, despite being by email only. Other companies could take a leaf out of their book.

Cons

Can't see any cons with the software or support. Slightly frustrating to run out of space, but that is being resolved.

Raj from All 3 Ltd

Commusoft helped us save time spent doing admin work, helped us manage our customers better.

Pros

Working with Commusoft has been a great experience from the start. The training has been fantastic and made sure we knew what we were doing. When they upgraded us to their new system although it was very different they made sure we were trained again on all the changes. The new version is a massive upgrade, so we are very happy with that. We use most of the features everyday - setting up customers, sending service reminders, invoicing and filling in certs. We just started using the MailChimp integration which means we can send marketing emails to all our customers, which is really improving our customer service

Giovanni from boilerPRO Limited

MAKES MY WORLD GO ROUND!...

Pros

Everything is intuitive, comprehensive and well thought out! There are 'hint' bubbles that take you through various processes and little tools that make sure you get the absolute maximum from the software and ultimately, your team! I will never consider another software company again!

Cons

I am really quite good with computers and software, and felt that I would get a lot from going through the star-up/set-up phase myself. It is mandatory to pay for the training, and this cost is incurred again if you upgrade the package etc.. But, I can completely see why they do insist, it's to ensure you get 110% form their kit ;)

Dalveer from Double Safe Ltd

The latest version of Commusoft has given my business and working day a breath of fresh air

I can run my business and be a gas engineer and electrician all from one place and enjoy doing it.

Pros

The ease of use, the functionality and endless updates with great support. I picked Commusoft in 2014, using the older version was good, but I was looking forward to an update and when I was up and running, my work become exciting again, I am able to manage the admin side of my business so much better and I feel more in control. I would not look anywhere else as I have everything I need to be an electrician and gas engineer and run a business at the same time thanks to Commusoft.

Cons

I can't think of anything from the top of my head, the software and support so far has been great.

Sebastian from Oakfield Plumbing and Heating LTd

Never looked back

Back in 2014 I had a real issue convincing my business partner to leave his old fashioned paper diary behind and now 5 years later I cant believe there are still people not using Commusoft (although speaking to other Engineers on training courses I would estimate 1 in 4 use Commusoft now).

Pros

So meany features that makes life so easy - really love the online booking feature and online payment system makes life so much easier

Cons

So much to learn - unless you want to pay for training be prepared it can take months if not years to fully appreciated and utilise all of the features in Commusoft

John from MPHG Ltd

Very powerfull app

We have been on board nearly 2 years now and have never looked back.Very happy with the software and service received.

Pros

We love the way Commusoft integrates with Freeagent, our accounting software. The work stream optimisation is a great feature as it makes us so much more efficient in booking jobs close together by area. The tracking feature is great enabling us to see where our engineers are at all times enabling us to be more agile for reactive work.

Cons

Not a con really, but it almost has too many features, certainly more than we will ever use as a small business,and it's sometimes difficult to keep up with the weekly new releases but as we grow I am sure it will give us better insight into how we are performing as a company and as individuals and where we could do better.

Elizabeth from DB Heating Ltd

About Commusoft

Pros

I like the ease of access around the whole software; very user friendly. Very rarely do I have to contact Commusoft's helpline. Its is extremely compatible with Sage Accounts. When we were initially told our Company would be using Commusoft, my colleague and I were a little apprehensive having to learn a new system in a very busy office, however, our apprehension was soon dismissed and became almost experts in no time.

Cons

Not many cons spring to mind. If there is a glitch there is always assistance from Commusoft's helpline. I am struggling to think of any so I'll say none!

James from JDL Electrical Plumbing and Heating LTD

Part of the team

Allows us to track engineers progress throughout the day, provide customers with professional estimates and allows them to be accepted online. The telephone support is very helpfully and a requirement for us but not available on the basic package.

Pros

Being able to look back over completed jobs, and see who attended what they did, how long it took. Sending estimates, test certificates, invoices direct from one system to have all in on place Storing photos before and after works have been completed for future records

Cons

Hard to get the required reports from the software, eg value of estimate won by which estimators

CHARLEY from JRS and son limited

Industry: Building Materials

Invaluable in assisting with day to day tasks

Commusoft takes the stress and hard labour out of many office tasks, everything is in one place, making the day to day running of the office as smooth and pleasant as possible. I would highly recommend Commusoft.

Pros

Cons

I have no complaints, I look forward to discovering new features.

Reasons for Choosing Commusoft

Customer reassurance, professional manner (I didn't feel I was being sold something for the sake of it) Commusoft didn't feel like a sales pitch, more a great insight into how the software could help our business in the best way possible, suited to our specific needs.

vince from SEA (Scotlands Energy Assessors)

Great software improving all the time

reduce time in office, keeps business jobs and finances in order

Pros

i like the professionalism of the software and how you can tailor it to your needs on most aspects, the fact it takes saves me in the office lots of time doing emails and reminders keeping my business running smoothly

Cons

i find some of the certs are a wee bit overcomplicated at times and the software does take a while to navigate around at times however i would state i have never really had the time to get to know this system 100% of the facilities it can offer and i would think i only use it to 60% of its full capacity

Hannah from JD Services Ltd

Migration from V3 to V4

I've barely touched the surface with version 4, it is much more complex than version 3, though not in a bad way. I'm looking forward to creating full supplier and parts lists, to make things more straight forward for my engineers. Once you get the hang of it, it really does streamline your business. The support from the team at Commusoft is second to none. They are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and can work with very vague descriptions of issues from people like me, who isn't sure of the correct terminology for the software. If you're wondering whether you're brave enough to take the leap to version 4, do it!

Pros

There are so many great new features. The widgets make things easy to find. The Company and Software settings are set out clearly and again, are easy to use. The Help section has advice for anything you may have an issue with. Its very transparent, I find it easy to navigate and I'm not a very tech savvy person.

Cons

I am disappointed that the ability to merge and change customer types has been taken away. However there are alternative routes to make this less of an issue.

Response from Commusoft

Replied March 2019

Hi Hannah, Thanks for your review - we appreciate the feedback! We're glad you're getting on well with v4. Regarding changing customer type, you can do that from the 'Advanced options' section when editing a customer. Should you need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to support. Thanks!

Brian from Heating South West

Professional from the start, Commusoft have got a great product backed up by a very thorough team.

Pros

The ability to manage your business in one package whether a large company or small. The software has been designed for trade professionals, it is very extensive and constantly being updated, Commusoft team are willing to listen to their customers for input and potential idea's. Being such a complete package means there is a lot to learn, and although the training may seem costly on the surface of it, once you have had the training you can understand why you need it, there is so much you can do to tailor the software around your company. One of the rep was amazing at going through all the features, and although there are some complicated sections, she was patient and thorough which meant we got the most from the training. The backup is excellent, they respond via email or phone promptly and always make sure that the question/query is dealt with.

Cons

The cost of the packages and the training means you have to make sure this is the right software for your company, however when looking at the training, once you have been through the training you understand why the cost is what it is. As usual, you pay for what you get. This is a tailored piece of software.

Carly from South East Heating Services

Commusoft Review

Pros

-Easy to find new features -Always new updates and features being added -No jobs can get missed - has a way of catching everything

Cons

-Trackers need to be improved - need to have features that RAM tracking use as this would greatly improve the service -Sometimes we have issues with data not going over to our accounting package but the support team always get this resolved quick

Response from Commusoft

Replied November 2018

Hi Carly, Thanks for the review - we're glad you are having a positive experience using Commusoft. With regards to our van tracking feature, this was designed to be a lightweight and affordable tracking tool that works in tandem to our core job management software. We have recently released improved driver trip reports for this and a couple of other additions. At the moment, we have no plans to expand vehicle tracking further, however, if there is a particular update you would like to see, please email us your thoughts to support@commusoft.co.uk and we will consider any suggestions.

Katrina from Plumbgas Services Limited

Training calls

Commusoft has made a massive difference in the daily running of the business, from booking jobs in to quotes and invoicing customers. We can now keep track on previous customers, send out service reminders, leave notes for the future, etc. Thank you to the support team for all the support and training.

Pros

There is so much to the software to help make the daily running of the business more efficient. The training calls were great, on everyone I learned so much more about what it could do and how to make it better for us as a company. Support team gave us so much support on every call and helped us critique the system to improve it for our business. Would definitely recommend the training calls and the system.

Cons

There is so much to the system it is difficult to know everything, but thats why it is so important to have the Training calls.

Greg from Switched on yorkshire LTD

Electricians

I can say the overall use of this is fantastic and have and would always recommend the software.

Pros

1 - All jobs sent to our electricians. 2 - No lost paperwork. 3 - Pictures of all jobs. 4 - Easy to use

Cons

I do not have many cons about this other than. If you have more than one person with the same name and you have a lot of people, you can not see the second name fully when adding jobs. You can not bulk delete notifications do if you have a big build up. You can not use this feature.

Jodie from Daniel's Locksmiths

Industry: Security and Investigations

Happy user

Although we had a few teething problems after changeover from v3 to v4 support were very quick and helpful with advice and instructions. I would recommend commusoft, especially to small businesses which are just starting out as it is not too overwhelming.

Pros

Once you get to grips with it, it is very simple to use The software has always been reliable The changeover from V3 to V4 run very smoothly Customer support are very quick and efficient

Cons

Invoices cannot be edited once sent Addresses cannot be edited

Rosey from CMC Electrical (Scotland) Limited

Excellent Migration

CommuSoft allows us to keep track of all our jobs, both ongoing and completed. The history is always there to look back on to see how long we were at site previously, if required. This has been especially good for us when returning to carry out testing etc, which is only done annually or 5 yearly. Overall a good package to use.

Pros

The software is easy to find your way around, but should you need assistance, there is always help available.

Cons

There is nothing that comes to mind about the software that we don`t particularly like

trevor from Harris Heating

managing your diary made easy

overall we are very happy with commusoft

Pros

quick diary communication between engineers

Cons

unable to un-accept quotes if customer changes their mind after accepted

Response from Commusoft

Replied October 2019

Hello Trevor, thank you for your review and feedback! Regarding un-accepting quotes - we want to encourage keeping an accurate historical record that the customer did accept the quote, but decided not to go ahead with the job. So in this case you would abort the job that was generated from the quote. This will ensure you have a clear history of actions. - Client Services

John from ALS Locksmiths Ltd

Industry: Security and Investigations

Helping grow

Call handling, real time information to our commercial customers, no more phone calls/e mails to see status of jobs.

Pros

So simple to use, works all the time. No need to understand how the technology works, it works. Very cost effective. Gives, us at the back office so much clarity on job handling. our engineers find it simple and easy to use. Links with our accounting system with no input from us all the time every time.

Cons

Does not always work all the time in real time

Reasons for Choosing Commusoft

Did not look at another product, commusoft was recommended as a solution we looked at it, tried it and it works.Job done.

Moira from HRHislop.com

Version 4 useability

The team are very quick at getting back to you if you have a question, and if you need anything tweaking on the software to suit your needs they are happy to look in to and adapt it if it's possible. Really excellent customer service.

Pros

Lots of good features to manage the business as a whole in one place - including linking the accounting software for workflow.

Cons

Some ways of doing things can be convoluted, and in version 4 they no longer manage staff holidays which previous versions did.

Perri from Bishops Property Services Ltd

Getting to grips with Commusoft

Entering new customers onto the system works well and booking in estimates onto the calendar. I like the ease of booking jobs on the system and the fact that our workmen have access to information about the job and the customer, including the make and the model of appliance they are going to repair/service/replace. The sending out of service reminders is extremely helpful, but it would be helpful if there was the option to send a reminder to just one customer, not the whole group for that month. Creating invoices works very well, being able to email them out to the customer upon completion of the work. This system is being improved and we are happy to be part of trialing the new software, which hopefully with fix some of the things that we have asked for.

Pros

I like booking in jobs.

Cons

I don't like that you have to click boxes to see information about a job, ie, diary events.

Natalie from A&G Group

Huge help in making us more efficient. Customer support is fantastic

Pros

The software has amazing functionality, once you have gone through the training and understand how to use everything.Team ran our training programme and clearly knew the software inside out. She helped us create workflows that were specific to our business, and was patient throughout. We particularly like the ease of use on the diary page, the scope of info you can record against a customer and job, and how easy it is for our engineers to use. It's also encouraging to see how often they are making improvements and adding new features to the software. The customer support we have received has been the best of any company we work with. Response times are fast, and they are very knowledgeable about the software

Cons

The Quickbooks Online integration is not seamless; we have encountered a few issues there with passing information across. Commusoft are looking into this. Some of the webinars in the training could do with being re-recorded. The service reminders one is great, but some of the others have echoes/ pass back and forth between people speaking etc.

James from Ledi Plumbing & Heating

Efficenct software with fantastic training

Just helping me to be more organised with jobs, customers and engineers. There will be no more forgotten jobs not invoiced or time wasted making unnecesary trips to jobs without the correct information of what we're going to. Can't reiterate enough how much I enjoyed the training with the customer representative. She's a credit to your company.

Pros

This software is very user friendly after training and I believe this will really make a massive difference to our efficiency in getting through jobs correctly, efficienctly and with enough detail to help with future jobs down the line. The training I received from one of the customer's support was genuinely quite inspiring working alongside someone so efficient, helpful and knowledgeable in her own field and It's helped inspire me to be more on the ball in my own business. Having everything to do with the business at the touch of a button is going to be the biggest help this business has recieved in the decade we've been going. It's also a massive help it being so easy to link with sage.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about this software, it's fantastic.

Luke from Ableforce

5 star service and 5 star software

Pros

We have been using the software for over 3 months now and I can't believe how using Commusoft has transformed my business, I honestly couldn't go back to the spreadsheet. As a company, we save many hours a day by the automation process alone. The training we received was 5 stars and went above and beyond to ensure we were using all the functions the software has to offer as there are so many, not being very computer illiterate I managed to pick up the software within a few days even my customers like it with the job reports, custom certificates and constantly being able to report on a job progress without keep phoning the engineers, will even send a report to the customer to advise my engineer is on the way. They are always working on the system as well coming out with new updates and features.

Cons

I cannot find anything at the minute, if I was to be picky it would be the need to clear cache once a week as we keep forgetting but this is only due do the team at Commusoft adding new features which in my eyes is a bonus.

Shelly from G & K Heating Ltd

How Commusoft has worked for us

Reporting is a great tool to easily see what jobs our outstanding in order to keep on top of invoicing etc.

Pros

It is very engineer friendly. Being able to track jobs, being able to add diary events for the same job rather than creating new

Cons

Certain things don't seem to be able to be adapted, like be able to merge customers or being able to amend jobs in the diary once the status has changed.

Response from Commusoft

Replied November 2018

Hi Shelly, Thank you for your amazing review! You can amend the diary event until the engineer has arrived at the property in case you need to rearrange it. If you find you need help with anything, get in touch with support.

Sue from JDL Electrical Systems Ltd

Using Commusoft for Gas and Electrical Minor Works

We have been using Commusoft software for a year now. the initial training over the telephone was in-depth and lots of support was given. The system is very user friendly and any problems are quickly sorted by the using the Help guides or via e-mail from Commusoft Support. The customer support team respond quickly and generally have an answer straight away. The synchronisation between the main PC and the iPad is excellent (as long as there is a GPS signal!) and the engineers generally find it easy to use. I would recommend this software, and I am looking forward to being transferred to the new updated version.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Some actions are not obvious, and I end up going round in circles

Lucy from Somerford Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Commusoft

Pros

Commusoft has given our business a massive boost, our Engineers are organised and always know their schedule. They can record information and photo's to help our office team not only for invoicing but ordering parts and future works. The whole process from first phone call to invoices has been made so much simpler.

Cons

We are still finding ways that it can help

Jacquie from Gasman Energy Advisory Services Ltd

Excellent software

Good

Pros

Very easy to use. Real time updates so the engineers can see what has been added to their jobs. Easy invoicing and sales records.

Cons

We changed from the older system to the newer version and it did take a bit of time to get familiar with the new functions.

Reasons for Choosing Commusoft

Commusoft suited us as a growing company. Commusoft has also grown with us.

PJ from WPJ Heating

Epic

Pros

Everything! Its ease of use. Its many functions. All the certificates that can be used and easily sent to our clients. the reporting is improving all the time too.

Cons

Finding out how amazing it is has taken too long, and knowing all the bits and bobs it does. There is still far more to learn and implement to make our business as efficient as possible.

Dean from Aura Gas Limited

Good System

The instant access for back office staff to all the details, certificates and pictures for the job is a massive plus allowing us to sign off and invoice same day, saving lots of chasing around and rounding up of paper forms.

Pros

Ease of use and diary management functionality, good reporting features

Cons

Some basic functionality is tricky to access, slow to recognise faults in system when highlighted.

Darren from Bulloughs Plumbers

Moved from V3 to V4. Migration went smooth lots more features so glad we did it

the best tool we have in the company is commusoft. excellent support and system

Pros

everything from customer information to appointments to invoicing to service reminders you can make each process as simple or as detailed as you require

Cons

just getting used to new layouts and features also trying to sort out past input errors seems a bit long winded

David from Pro-Heat Plumbing & Heating Ltd.

Essential tool

Pros

Ease of finding customer details and records of previous work. Planning ongoing work. Certificates kept safe and easy to produce Technical back up and knowledge Knowledge base

Cons

Live vehicle tracking can be a little glitchy and sometimes difficult to view user trips. Would like more options for text on quotes and invoices.

Commusoft review

Commusoft has become the one-stop shop for our company's workflow management, CRM and reporting. The more we learn about it, and the more it develops, the more we see that it has to offer and help improve how we work

Pros

easy of use - very straight forward so minimal training required to get staff using the system

Cons

some restrictions in adaptability, resulting in it not delivering exactly what we required. However, the support and development staff are keen to listen to suggestions, and amendments have been made on the back of this

James from Huttie

Huttie

Fantastic.

Pros

Commusoft is easy to use and very intuitive and has enabled me to grow the business by the numerous different functions offered. The team behind the scenes are also constantly upgrading the software enabling me to continue meeting my clients' needs.

Cons

Limited disk space because run on the cloud.