• Pros

• "It has many many functions. Full of cool features. Very useful."

• "The program is fairly straight forward, and easy to use. Booking calls is easy, once you have the clients already in the system."

• "I like the ease of use. The drag and drop tool to rearrange service calls is handy. It just makes it far easier to get an idea of what our schedule looks like."

• Cons

• "Confusing some times. There are so many features and tools."

• "It used to be slow....but that has stopped - so no Cons at this point"

• "There are a few things I can't change that irk me, but it's very minimal."

Browse Verizon Connect Work Reviews

Joanne

Verizon WORK

Stahlman-England, INC began using Verizon WORK in January 2015. The overall program was easy to implement and the Customer Support was beyond expectations! This program was less expensive than all other Service Programs and accomplished a lot more with regard to “real-time”, invoicing, reports, quotes, and customer follow-up. This Program has enhanced our business and the endless features Verizon WORK offers, is still being discovered and incorporated into our business plan EXCELLENT FOR CONSOLIDATED CLIENT INFORMATION, SERVICE APPOINTMENTS & SCHEDULING, INVOICING, PROFITABILITY, AND DETAILED REPORTS!

Pros

• Verizon WORK gives me, as Director of Corporate Operations, essential detailed productivity reports within seconds. • Instead of needing 2 to 3 different software programs, Verizon WORK alone produces these reports. • With a click, I have reports of total revenue including breakdown of labor, parts, travel time and actual job duration. • Our technicians are able to sell more by doing quotes instantly. This exciting, real-time “Quotes” feature allows our office to email these figures within an hour, thereby closing more sales than ever before. • Verizon WORK has allowed us to streamline and fast-track our paperwork; one-hour tasks are now done in minutes. Verizon WORK enabled our transition from piles of paperwork to next-generation technology.

Cons

PRODUCT ENHANCEMENT of certain issues. Example, more than one email address, speed of program when changing on the dashboard.

Jay from CanCorp

Dipping Your Toe into the Abyss of Digital Transformation

It is a phenomenal step towards a digital environment for the under served home services sector. Implementing Verizon Connect Work is a step in the right direction! At the end of the day Verizon is a telecom company and looking to upsell their products into your business.

Pros

I love the fact that Verizon Connect focuses on the technologically under served realm of the home services market. These business's technology initiatives take a hard stop at email and spreadsheets. When implemented and used correctly, Verizon Connect Work (formerly Fleetmatics WORK) can bring to the surface revenue opportunities that business owners and stakeholders were oblivious to. Being typically their first go at new technology, Verizon Connect Work is usually welcome because of the ease of implementation and use. The technology is priced right and the ROI is enormous! The ROI stems from getting off the paper, chalkboards, notepads and alleviating lost invoices. At the end of the day the software is the home service industries first step towards digital transformation in this Fourth Industrial Revolution.

Cons

In response to Verizon Connect Work being described by former users as "A Starter Software" or "Technology Training Wheels", there is high churn being there are more robust softwares that encompass the entire life of a work order. With out mentioning any software company names, Verizon Connect Work's book of business is on a mass exodus to other players. To add, their is limited to zero customer support and the buying process wasn't very enjoyable.

JoAnna from Heart of America Service Co

Industry: Facilities Services

Unkept Promises

It's a scheduling software that started on an internet base and tried to go to mobile and has failed in my opinion. They will roped us in with promises that they didn't keep. This is why we decided to leave.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to navigate and filter to find the invoice/ticket/customer that I needed really fast. I loved how I could keep whatever information I needed with customized info boxes. Dispatching out to Employees was easy and the old App for the Techs out in the field could do many things. IT worked great on the desktop end.

Cons

When we 1st signed on we were promised that the program would keep track of our inventory. We are a HVAC business and we have a lot of parts to keep track of. It wasn't working great when we started and the old app was ok with it. Then they Upgraded and had a new App and they completely trashed the inventory program and didn't tell us. Since we are located with lots of country and rural areas we were told that the app can work offline and update the main programs once it got back in data range. This has never worked properly and my Techs were calling me to update their tickets because the app wasn't working. The New App upgrade came everything went downhill. Techs could no longer create their own jobs (and we have Techs for on-call weekends) Techs could no longer show discounts to the customers on the invoice. The app still didn't work out in rural areas. It doesn't not work very well on the Mobile end. Everytime I had Customer service on the line they tried their best, but since everything that we as a company needed they couldn't provide we didn't want to stay with them.

Jorge from SDI

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great Scheduling tool for the money

Pros

The software is very inexpensive for the features and functionality you receive. It is great for businesses just starting out or smaller field service organizations. Lots of great features for the price.

Cons

There are some limitations to what it can do. Reporting is somewhat limited but still provides many options for custom reports. Inability to view a large number of jobs because you can only search for job numbers one at a time.

Reasons for Choosing Verizon Connect Work

Price and features

Larry from Coastal Empire Fire & Security, Inc.

Industry: Industrial Automation

BEWARE of the Details Before you buy - Does not Interface with Quickbooks Well

Right now we are paying for the monthly as when you sign up they say " there is no stopping the payment". However, you can't see where it is going to really work, or not, until it starts getting implemented. We were "gun ho" when we started as it was "completely customizable". We test drove a system last year and ditched it because the invoice could be sent to the technicians email for data mining. They promised to make sure it didn't happen with this one and sure enough the day we started none of the pricing showed up for parts and the email feature was enabled. That means they wasted our time in the multiple data gathering sessions to set it up. WE HAVE ASKED FOR A CANCELLATION BUT WERE TOLD THEY DO NOT DO THIS AND THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO PAY THE WHOLE YEAR.

Pros

Great for the Field guys as they like the photos and dispatch features. The details get out to them faster and they can start from home to the first calls for the day. Turn by turn directions are great if all your site locations are set up.

Cons

The interface with Quickbooks is one way with parts. Changes in prices in Quickbooks have to be hand entered in both systems. We were told we would not want to use the Quickbooks after using there software. That is code words for "It doesn't work well" with Quickbooks. The time to generate an invoice is twice as long for the invoicer. The time from the techs has to be hand transferred to the invoice. There is no automatic calc from field to invoice because "they don't want to be responsible" for the techs pushing the wrong start/stop times. The time savings given in the sales pitch is diminished by the lost productivity in maintaining pricing and transferring times. Also the techs can alter the time they actually start and stop so forget using it to prove in any court when they actually arrived. For those of us managing technicians there is just as much chance for time abuse using this system. In the day of SQL database interfaces they are missing the boat in a fully integrated system. Every answer to our objections was to have us place a comment on a link button for the "developers" somewhere in the UK to "consider".

Jamie from Donaldson Heating and Air Conditioning

Product has limited capability and the customer service is some of the worst I've ever dealt with.

Would not recommend this company as a work platform. From the limitations of their platform to the extent of their billing issues to the poor customer service, this is a poor provider all around.

Pros

Dispatch board is a decent portal for scheduling. Beyond this there has been very little positive with this program that I would recommend.

Cons

Used the system for 2 years. In that time, they have multiple programming issues. Including an error that took recurring jobs which were scheduled for 2 days and booked hundreds of calls for the same recurring issue months out. Resulting in thousands of calls on our schedule that needed to be removed once at a time. Took days to delete and further spent days helping their tech department to resolve the issue. Their programmer found an error in their system and did correct it but sorry about our luck for the cost and time to repair. Reimbursed us for a months service as thats all they could do. We have had numerous billing errors over the past two years and getting any resolution from them takes a minimum of 6 calls in my experience. Nobody is capable of making any decision regarding assisting a customer. We notified them that we were cancelling the contract with 90 days notice (60 required) and got confirmation of this. 2 weeks later I inquired as to the cancellation and was told nothing was in the system. Cancelled again following their process. Found out again that this hadn't been done. Wanted to lock me into another year of payment.

John from Wild Rover Tours

Zero corporate ethics. READ THE SMALL PRINT.

In my opinion Verizon is an unethical. Example in case, today December 19 they demand 14 months cancellation notice to end a contract in January 2021. You could call it extortion through surreptitious means. Another 14 months money demanded after nearly 4 years of a contract. Demanding payment for a service for a service which will not be used through 2020 into 2021. On the 6th of December 2019 I opened the tracking software to double check see which of our fleet was fitted with the Verizon tracker. Today the 11th of December 19, an email from (Sensitive Content Hidden). "oh I see you used the system" so you are tied with us to January 2021. Really, I don't think so [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

At the time in 2016 Fleetmatics which is now called Verizon the company appeared to be one of the best options available.

Cons

We found alternative options that in our opinion were superior Verizon, that was in 2017. We paid for the alternative software and proceeded to compare the pros and cons of the two systems. Now TWO YEARS later we are still trying to cancel the contract with Verizon. Fill out this and that form, 60 days notice of cancellation, rolling contracts that tie to in for another year. Absolutely ridiculous practice, its might be considered theft by deceit. TODAY 11TH OF DECEMBER 2019, email just from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Verizon informing me that they wont cancel the contract until January 2021. This I have repeatedly informed them that don't want or use their software. We have not used the Fleetmatics - Verizon system in over a year and a half. Only half our fleet is tracked, its a redundant system to our company. I have tried both on the phone and by email to cancel the contract. The mistake I made is that I did not follow through at the time. You forget and only follow up a few months later when you see the debit charges still taken from the bank account. Buyer beware, read the small print.

Reasons for Choosing Verizon Connect Work

IGNORANCE

David from inspecting/testing

Terrible

Pros

system is easy to use -- when it works ofcourse

Cons

Awful company, constantly messing payments up and taking 2 or 3 months at once, didn't charge me enough and demanded more money. the system lost an invoice due to an error and after many calls trying to get support (all I got was an answerphone, which is standard) after many attempts the support team said that they would fix it and after another call the next day, all I received was a manager saying I have to sort it myself, who then hung up on me. there is a long list of issues with Verizon WORK, there sales team lie, there is no support when you need it and they treat small companies like they are doing them a favor by letting them have the product. the customer service offered lets this potentially good product down

Amber from Systel Incorporated

Industry: Computer Networking

Good, but not great

Pros

I like that we can create jobs and dispatch them to our techs while they aren't at the office. It is also nice to have all of their notes automatically attached to the work orders

Cons

Projects are a little difficult to manage in this software. There is no real easy way of doing it. There is also not a way for our techs to view when they have previously clocked in and out, and that is a huge in convenience.

Brett from RSI

Just did not solve our problems

Bad. We decided we'd give Work a chance wanting to change a few things up from current software. However, we decided shortly after switching it was making our lives a nightmare.

Pros

Being Verizon Reveal users, we were excited about the ability for Work and Reveal to with in cohesion so that we could see work orders and vehicles all on the same screen, allowing us to make smarter decisions. It ended up that it didn't work all that great.

Cons

We used the software for 4 months before we had to call it quits and go back to our previous software. I had a list created of about 15 items that weren't working for our company. The biggest was that Work and Quickbooks Online don't have a working relationship. Very minimal information flowed over. We do work at different addresses and the address would not come over from Work to QB online so we lost all visibility to a job once invoiced.

Anna from Donaldson Heating and Air

Cheap program, but you get what you pay for.

Pros

Cons

Being very simple, it can be kinda clunky. It is hard to look up the history of a client, when you are already in the middle of booking a call. You have to exit the scheduler, and open up each call to see what was performed on each visit. It can be very cumbersome, when you are on the phone with a client and just trying to figure out how to proceed. We find the program fairly slow to load clients and work history, and there isn't an easy way to combine duplicates in clients or calls. When we notified Verizon WORK that we were cancelling our services and moving to another company that had a more full billing program, they started nickle and diming us. It was like they were trying to screw us for any extra money they could get out of us.

Nick from Kelair Inc

Verizon WORK Review

For the past month and a half I've been working with learning the Verizon WORK software as well as Verizon REVEAL. This software is definitely ideal for those starting a business and would like to keep track of their fieldworkers. Although i do feel that this software is not for every industry. I'm in my mid 20's and can confidently say that I'm technologically inclined and learned this with a fast paced manner. This software can be easily learned by younger generations but I'm finding it very difficult teaching our older office administrators how to use this management system. This goes as well with the mobile app.

Pros

Has quick respond time on uploading and saving. There are multiple ways to do one specific task, so there's not just one way to navigate through the software. You can set specific restrictions on certain fieldworkers/ admin controlling their ability what to see on a specific job dispatched to them. The implementation team is very patient and will schedule as many training sessions as needed to learn the functionality of the software.

Cons

Customer support is not great. Takes long to respond back. Needs time to learn how to use for older people. The implementation data process can be tedious and is not accurate even when put in the requested form they ask. I suggest correcting any mistakes yourself through the program after all data has been imported

Nicholas from Hawaii PV Partners LLC

Software works, but no support from the developers.

recurring workorders and invoicing

Pros

Recurring workorders, easy to invoice, easy to assign new jobs to fieldworkers. Mobile and desktop access.

Cons

ZERO support from developers. Sales will tell you once thing, it doesn't happen and you get zero response from any feedback/enhancements you submit. The biggest problem we find is that you have to upload photos one by one, you should be able to check all the ones that apply and do one upload. And when viewing those photos and attaching to invoices, you have to download and review one by one, when you should be able to toggle through the photos quickly like you would with any other software or program. We have been asking for this upgrade since the day we signed up and the developers do not care or respond. If they would fix the photo issue, I would give 5 stars across the board. But because they refuse, we have to use DROPBOX as well as this software to effectively manage photos. 2 different programs when 1 should be all that's required.

Whitey from Redmond Industries, LLC

Meets our Needs

Pros

Seamless tracking of precise fleet locations. Took all the stress out of monthly mileage reporting to ODOT -- set it up for reports to be automatically emailed to me at month-end.

Cons

The report center does not seem as user-friendly as it could be. The filter options can be a little confusing and it can be hard to find the report you're looking for (distance traveled is what you need for monthly mileage by truck). Customer service was extremely lacking -- it took months to get a response after the initial buy-in. At the time, we felt like no one cared after we signed the contract -- however, we now feel that we were likely just part of the flooded market and got lost in the shuffle during the ELD mandate -- the market was flooded at once with people desperate to stay compliant. We have not had any issues after all was setup, so we have not had a reason to contact them again.

Robin from Gwyndows Window Cleaning

Industry: Facilities Services

Don't Buy This Product

The sales pitch "demo" is really great. I was promised this product would do everything I needed it to do and more. It is on the more expensive end of fleet/service software but I figured if it did literally everything we needed it to do, it was worth the money for the time it would save us. I was very hesitant to sign a year contract up front and shouldn't have. The first red flag was that it took literally 3 months to get my data (and then not even all of it) transferred from our old system to the new one. Apparently the implementation team is very busy. But they kept charging me, despite the fact I couldn't use the software because my data wasn't in it. Things went downhill from there. The last piece of bad news from Verizon WORK is that I attempted to cancel the automatic contract renewal via phone, and was told it was canceled via phone, and of course it wasn't. After sending a detailed email CCing my attorney, they did let me out of the renewal contract, but didn't refund me that month's payment (including the a hefty "renewal" fee).

Pros

It's online. The IT department is very polite.

Cons

Just a few: Sales guy said I could run reports for commission pay for my employees. I cannot. I had to buy another software to do that. I was told I could import all of the data from my previous application. I cannot. I’m stuck having to use both applications because a lot of the data that was imported was jumbled and things like pricing on jobs is missing. I was told this application synced seamlessly with Quickbooks. It doesn’t. DO NOT sync it with QB if you charge sales tax. I’ve had to manually delete all of the invoice data in Quickbooks costing me hundreds of dollars. Verizon WORK is very frustrating to use. The implementation team had to give me several work-arounds to make it work for my business. One of them requires us to make multiple “jobs” for every actual job which creates a logistical nightmare and it takes a lot of extra admin work. This is because you cannot invoice with the taskworker, only with the fleetworker. The phone app is not intuitive. For instance, you have to not only hit “save” but also “update” to save anything on an estimate and you can only update one thing at a time. If you try to change the description and then add an item without saving and updating first, when you go back to the estimate the description is gone. Then, after you hit “update” it kicks you out of that estimate and you have to sort and re-find the estimate to add information. This is something that yes, I can work around. But it’s very frustrating and takes so much longer. The phone app also crashes a lot. Often enough I started saving everything I do in notes and then copy and pasting them to the app hoping they’d be there when I get back to my computer. I cannot use the new version of Verizon WORK at all, because if I open a job there’s no scroll bar. Also, the system automatically changes the time of the job to 5 hours later in the day. I repeatedly asked for a fix for this to no avail.

Becky from Principle Skills Relationship Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

Definitely has some glitches

Specifically, Verizon One Talk has acceptable features, but something is wrong when I can't hear the client's voice.

Pros

Allows work phone number to ring to cell phone, can turn on/off do not disturb when not at 'work'... both personal cell and work phone ring on cell phone, with different ringtones. Great work from home feature, accessing phone from anywhere the cell phone goes. Business expense can qualify entire phone bill to be written off on taxes.

Cons

Customers complain that the sound is low and they cannot hear me. Also the phone 'blinks out' after a few minutes of conversation. Phone call is still connected, but I cannot hear the client speaking , and they can still hear me. I have to put phone on speaker, then back to handset in order to reconnect with client, faking a cell reception glitch, .... very interrupting and disconnecting professionally. Uninstalling and re installing does not fix the problem. Often I have to just use my direct cell as back up.

August 2016

Jake from Diamond Lawns

1.5

August 2016

Extremely unfortunate

Pros

Mobile dispatching and in office changes to on-site technicians.

Cons

I was really excited to switch over to Verizon WORK. We use Verizon REVEAL for our fleet tracking and have loved the service so when the salesman talked to me about their work program it seemed like a great fit. Unfortunately this ended up being a horrible experience. It took them months to do the customer integration then when we got the program they somehow uploaded all active and in-active- inventory, items, services, customers. They sent me to a guy who tried to fix it but I ended up having an office person spend 2 weeks cleaning it up. We got it all squared away started scheduling work and dispatching technicians the first month we completed around 450 jobs. When we went to bill them the integrator into QB wouldn't work so we called the tech line multiple times and they tried to fix it the tech couldn't get it to work so he told us just to do the invoices manually. I had an office person go through all the job cards and create and re-write 450 invoices. The next month after it not working and spending a bunch of time on the phone with techs we finally got it to send the invoices to QB. Then I noticed it actually created all new line items but with the same name so when I pull a p/l report everything from Verizon WORK is now uncategorized income and it wont even let me fix it without deleting the invoice and creating a new one. So now I can see the income between the different crews. I could go on and on the bottom line is my interaction has not been pleasant. I called to cancel and they called me back and left a message saying they have denied my cancellation request.

Mark from Woodbury County Iowa

Verizon Connect review request

Pros

Ability to track my equipment. We have GPS units in our motor graders, trucks and mowers. These are the vehicles that are involved in road maintenance and snow removal and are subject to complaints from drivers and roadside landowners. We settled a lawsuit because we could not prove where our equipment was during the period preceeding a motor cycle accident. We can now account for where our equipment is at any time it is operating when a liability complaint is lodged against our department.

Cons

The map display sometimes doesn't show the names of our roads unless we zoom in closely. This has improved since we have started, but on our local road system, the name of the road still does not appear until we zoom in close. This is an annoyance, but not something we would consider switching products because of it.

David from DAM Group

WARNING Such a bad company

DO NOT BUY, you will regret it

Cons

there is zero customer service, they are never available and unfortunately, they are needed far too often. The glitches are extremely bad and due to a software "error" on the invoice side, i have lost thousands of pounds. when making a complaint i managed to finally get to a director who promised me he would look into it and almost a week later he said, "the system doesn't work the way you want it to" and fobbed me off with no help, i threatened to sue them and he practically said bring it on. this company is by far the worst experience I have ever, ever had the displeasure to have been suckered into. after making the complaint i find myself locked out of the account and no one available to sort the issue. I can guarantee that they have yet again messed up the payments (which happens so frequently) they didn’t charge me for 6 months, and then called up and threatened to cut me off when they are the ones responsible for taking payments. Whatever you do find another company, this one will sell the software as the best thing ever, sign you up to a contract and once you've signed it tell you its for 3 years and there is no way of getting out of it. I could mention so many more things that are wrong about this company, but if you still buy it after reading this, good luck to you, you will need it.

Markus from Outdoor Solutions Queensland

No flexibility with one year contract

The biggest down side is they make you sign up for a minimum of 12 months which I believe shows a lack of confidence in the product. Lets face it if the product was good people would continue to use it. Beware when your contract runs out you cannot access any of the information including any outstanding jobs that need to be invoiced.

Pros

Basic scheduling, quoting and invoicing, however does not have the project management capability for construction work. Unable to raise variation orders or progress payments.

Cons

Software is very clunky and can be quite frustrating to use. Not being able to access the admin portal from a mobile device is also another down side because you cannot add or edit jobs while you are on the run.

October 2015

John from National Automotive Audio Specialists

October 2015

Working Harder Not Smarter

Pros

I like the fact that it’s a cloud based, it’s very live and any changes and interaction that happens is instantaneous and received by all parties that are using it. It can become a little communal office note pad for particular jobs. It’s got a lot of customization levels and the reporting system is really good. The fact that it is mobile friendly for the field workers is really cool. There are very rarely any duplicate jobs now. If there are any discrepancies, we now have data and history. If something gets entered into the system we can see very clearly it is in the system; there’s accountability. And the most pivotal thing was getting that cash flow – that rhythm and that procedure back.

Cons

The app itself for the fieldworkers is great, it’s really good but the lack of having an admin app is painful and then it does tether you to your office. In a situation where you don’t have that space to sit down and pull out your laptop then you’re kind of stuck.

Rachael from U.S. Mechanical

We largely use the software for dispatching and field management.

Simplification, the ease of seeing job laid out.

Pros

Cons

The integration with Quickbooks is not well done, and we had to stop using that feature. If we went back into a job ticket in Verizon Work, after it had been sent to Quickbooks, it would revert back in Quickbooks to reflect the job ticket. So we would losing any pricing or grammatic corrections that we had made.

William from Norel Service Co., Inc.

Industry: Public Safety

Verizon WORK helps reduce costs and increase revenue

We have utilized Verizon WORK in a number of ways - first is to minimize drive times for our technicians by 'grouping' calls and determining which technician is closest to a customer site. This is very critical when emergency calls occur during the normal day. It also helps reduce fuel costs as we can monitor the speed in which the various vehicles are traveling and take corrective action on inefficient fuel use.

ELIZABETH from ROUNTREE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY

User friendly equipment managment software

Pros

This is an extremely easy to use platform that allows management to track each piece of our fleet and our heavy equipment.

Cons

The reports are not capable of the level of customization that I would like which means at times there is the need to dig through a lot of information to find what is needed.

Jeff from Active air

Industry: Utilities

Yes it works

Need to be updated for growing companies

Pros

Yes it works covers all the basics any start company would need , service help works general quite quickly

Cons

Limited in its expanding ability for a growing company You get the standard features no options for setting repeat contracts in a decent system

June 2016

Melissa from RC Electric, LLC

June 2016

Good field service software

Pros

The ability to dispatch jobs to our employees and for them to be able to make notes about their jobs. The ability to keep timecards for our employees...big plus!!

Cons

No notifications for jobs that need invoiced. We have let billing for jobs fall through the cracks because there is nothing on the software indicating that something needs invoiced. We don't invoice through the software so I had to make up a status icon so that I can tell if we invoiced or not. This has helped a lot but it would be nice to have a notification page or dashboard showing jobs that are completed but still needs invoiced. Also it would be nice for helpers to clock in themselves without having to pay for another user.

Britania from Integrity Maintenance Solutions

Inefficient

Pros

I like that I am able to dispatch my technicians. I like that they receive a text message that I can customize. I like that there is a map view.

Cons

My techs all speak Spanish and the system had too many "windows". I would be best if the information was provided all on the screen that was pulled up. Instead, I had to teach them what each thing meant and many times, it still was hard for them to find it. The photos take too long to upload. Instead of saving us time, it took us longer, so many techs wouldn't use the feature which defeated the purpose of why we got it. Too expensive for only 5 users.

John from Cowan / Reload

Fleetmatics

Pros

Great Program. You can customize it to cover a lot of tracking and geo coding. Also help with maintenance reminders.

Cons

Nothing really bad about it. Has Mobile App, reminders, and tracking. Really accurate. Installation was quick and easy.

Amber from Safe and Sound Security Systems, Inc.

Industry: Security and Investigations

Too many excuses

Pros

Ease of putting jobs in and dispatching in less than 5 minutes.

Cons

Reports are not accurate. System is not set up for multi day jobs. When I contact support with help on problems they tell me to send in feedback and that's all they can do.

Michael from City Generators

I find Verizon WORK very user friendly and intuitive

Pros

We have many customers and multiple work sites and at random a customer will call requesting either a job completion date/time record or a report for work we have done. With Verizon WORK I am able to log in and pull information for the customer irrespective of when the job was. We also have sub-contractors who work for us and Verizon WORK allows me to enter them into the system and dispatch jobs to them too.

Cons

Currently with Verizon WORK you can see how many jobs you have each day in the month scheduler but I would like to have a drag and drop option on the monthly schedule viewer similar to outlook where you can also see a brief description of the job i.e time, location etc.

Liz from Espressotech

December 2015

I like the fact that it’s made running our business more efficient.

Pros

I like the fact that it’s made business easier. Verizon WORK provides us with real time visibility of all our jobs. I know what’s going on at any given moment and if customers call needing to know the arrival time of one of our field workers, I can log into Verizon WORK and see what stage they are at from their previous job and provide them with an approximate arrival time. Verizon WORK allows us to bill customers for exact hours worked and we can record notes on the job which can be used to email through to clients at the time of invoice.

Cons

We have a very different business to a lot of people. We have a many little pieces of inventory to track and a numerous job sites. I don’t think there is any bad things, just niggles as there is with everything.

Michelle from Motorcycle dealer

the system has a lot of flaws

Pros

I like the concept and idea of the system but not the use of the system. it is confusing and hard to understand

Cons

the customer service does not have alot of answers when you call. then the answers are vague and not helpful

jeff from active air

limited but it works

reasonable priced

Pros

easy to navigate around the pages quite quick to log jobs just a few clicks only a few screens to work with

Cons

not able to schedule daily jobs easily on scheduler does not show the day unable to log contracts

Thomas from VIDA Living

Poor service

Good software but support and customer service is very poor.

Pros

The software is standard for the industry. Both detailed and summary reports are good.

Cons

Service from support staff and management is poor. Pricing is high and not good value.

Michael from Champion Equipment Sales

Verizon WORK for my company

I have had Verizon WORK for 2 years now and I can say with all honesty that it's a great product for anyone that manages field personnel. It's easy to use for my guys and on the admin side, it's a great tool to run more efficiently on the billing side.

Pros

My techs can get tickets signed in the field which expedites billing to my customers which lead to running more efficiently. My techs have the ability to take photos from their IPad and upload them straight into the job. The technicians also have the ability to send the customer both the invoice and report before leaving the job site and the customers love that

Cons

I cannot run a report and separate job types to see which area of my business is doing better or worse than the rest. This is a tool I really need to run my business and I hope Verizon WORK implements soon so I do not have to look elsewhere.

Andy from Westbow Construction Group Ltd

Oversold & poor organization from at their company

The product was definitely oversold when we first looked at it. They make it sound like it can do whatever you need, but in reality, they try to find workarounds that end up being time consuming, or just don't fit at all with what we were trying to do. Everything in the software looks clean and polished, it's simple to do things like adding customers and creating jobs, but the process of linking service requests is complicated, the terms they use for jobs and tasks is not easy to figure out. It just is not user friendly for anyone with only basic computer skills. The smartphone app looks on the outside like it would be very useful, but it doesn't have even half the functions of the software on the computer and some important functionality is completely missing from the smartphone app. Once we reached the point where we realized it didn't work for our employees needs, the customer service reps appeared to "lose" E-mails, they don't communicate with other departments and their accounts payable department is disorganized and slow to respond. We've just had an all around poor experience with the software and a terrible experience with the company.

Pros

It looks pretty and they're willing to spend as much time with you as you like when implementing the software to explain how everything works.

Cons

The software doesn't have any flex room to adapt to people's needs. You would need to tailor your company to exactly function alongside the software limitations.

Raul from Luxe Laundry Rentals

Verizon Connect to run our business

it has been a great way to run our business using Verizon connect for the past 2-3 years

Pros

The ease of using the apt run our business

Cons

there is nothing I do not like, everything is easy to use

Great app

Used for 3years. Was very useful and feature full.

Pros

It has many many functions. Full of cool features. Very useful.

Cons

Confusing some times. There are so many features and tools.

Margaret from Lea Electric

Keep Connected to Work with Verizon

Fantastic service, great team work

Pros

So many possibilities to help our techs and organize our dispatch

Cons

It used to be slow....but that has stopped - so no Cons at this point

Jodi from Clean Aire Technology

Able to create work/job orders fast. Keep track of customer's equipment.

It was a lot better then the previous software being used which was Foxpro

Pros

Easy of use from screen to screen. Having the ability to run reports. The ability to log into the software on any computer.

Cons

Not being able to exit from various screens back to the main screen. Not having the ability to run a report based on certain fields.

Sherry from Doing It Right Roofing

Verizon WORK

I have been using Verizon WORK for the past year. I am pleased with its functionality but wish the customer support was more helpful.

Pros

Tracking of projects, sync with Quickbooks for invoices and payments.

Cons

I wish I could cater the program more to our Company's needs.

Marina from Active Security Group

Managing Jobs and technicians in real time

I find the product easy to use and the job management capabilities are great. Verizon WORK also integrates with our MYOB accounting software and that works really well for us. It helps us to keep on top of our invoicing / cash flow. I think it’s an excellent system. Every system has its limitations but, that’s to be expected. With what we use it for, Verizon WORK works very well!

Pros

I find the product easy to use and the job management capabilities are great. Verizon WORK integrates with our MYOB accounting software and that works really well for us. It helps us to keep on top of our invoicing to then increase cash flow.

Cons

Possibly that we don’t have the level of customisation that we need for our business i.e contract pricing

Mark from PRV Locksmiths

December 2015

Verizon WORK has streamlined our whole business

Pros

We can dispatch jobs to our field teams and instantly provide them with all the information they need. When the job is complete and all notes and photos have been uploaded into Verizon WORK it can then be immediately invoiced from the office. It frees up a lot of our admin staff to do other things instead of wasting time with double data entry and phone calls.

Cons

There are a couple of features that I would like that aren’t in there but would be nice to have. I guess one would be progress payments. I haven’t found a smooth way to do that. It’s definitely better than what we use to do it anyway.

Great router for the money

wireless printers and copier.

Pros

This router is powerful and I use it to connect 4 different pieces of office equipment. Is gets the job done without interuption.

Cons

I travel to a few different places where i setup. You have to make sure that the location has a decent connection.

Nathaniel from Cutting Edge Tree Professionals

Untrustworthy

I will be honest with this review and will not exaggerate, even though the customer service frustrates me and they will not call me back after several attempts to resolve an issue. I've used Fleetmatics for about 6 months and their program works well, however, the way the salesperson sold me on the program he conned me into a 12 month contract, which they claim is standard. I am a business owner and I do not sign contacts with businesses I've never tested out. When I first began talking to a Fleetmatics representative, May 2015, the program seemed good and it was reasonably priced. I asked either Duane Stallworth or Mathew Hoffman about the pay structure, and they said they typically have 12 month contracts. I was unsure of how well this program would benefit our small company and said I couldn't sign a 12 month contract, as I could not afford to be locked into something that was not benefiting our company as well as they said it would. Because I would not sign up under a contract, Mathew assured me that I could cancel my service at any time. In June, I gave my office manager, Mark, permission to sign up with Fleetmatics, assuming what I discussed with Mathew was what I was signing up for. We used Fleetmatics for the next 6 months and although it worked well, I was not happy with it and decided to cancel my service. The customer service rep I was speaking to on the phone told me I could not cancel my service for another 6 months. And I assured her that I did not sign a 12 month contract. I found the paperwork that my office manager signed (his name is on it) and realized that Mathew changed our "contract" without my permission and had my office manager sign something I had not approved. He snuck one past me and now the customer service reps keep telling me they will look into it and then don't call me back. I havn't used Fleetmatics since December 2015, and they keep drawing money out of my bank account. I wish I could do business with a hand-shake, but unfortunately, Fleetmatics has shareholders it needs to please. I feel deceived.

Aqil from Prism Technical

Verizon Is a good starter company for a phone user today, my first phone was with Verizon.

Pros

when wifi is connected it runs smoothly and efficiently, it also has a lot of useful apps and tools that help figure out how to work the phone.

Cons

when wifi is out of the picture then it runs a little slower and is more susceptible to error/glitching

Brandon from Hinkle Hardscapes

Great Product!

Pros

Does just the trick for us. It allows our organization to track GPS and set geofences accordingly, as well as run reports on the data.

Cons

If it was able to sync directly with QuickBooks, that'd be amazing! This would help is accurately tracking labor costs per job.

September 2015

Rhys from Ecomow Lawn and Garden

September 2015

Overall, it’s an easy to use product, I don't have any regrets

Pros

At the point when I changed over to Verizon WORK; the admin time from the point of job creation through to invoicing and job completion used to take me somewhere in the region of an hour per job and this is now down to 5mins per job. It’s huge. Overall, it’s an easy to use product.

Cons

There can be bugs in the app from time to time, things like dates not popping up or having to check bits of data that I’ve put in, which isn’t an everyday thing but it does happen from time to time. Most of them have been fixed as updates have come along.

Michelle from Rogers Manufacturing Corporation

Track your Fleet with confidence

With the launch of DOT/FMCSA requirements, our business has benefited greatly from this software. The service team has been eager to assist and this was a great option.

Pros

This software is easy to use. You can track your fleet, regardless of the size. Reporting is simple and easy. You can break it down by the fleet or individual units with ease.

Cons

Being a fairly new software, there are bug fixes/updates very frequent.

Mark from Australian Workplace Test & Tag

A Mobile Platform Which Provides Opportunities To Increase Revenue

Pros

Business is a lot more streamlined and we have an increased ability to manage the job. I can monitor where my fieldworkers are and have a real time visibility of our schedule. This allows me to allocate additional work to the team on the fly which increases revenue. The customer service has certainly been very good too.

Cons

Verizon WORK is a platform that has been designed to work across multiple business types but I would like the service where I could sit down next to someone, show them my end to end process of what we would like to achieve and customise the platform to suit our business. Sometimes we find ourselves doing back flips and not using the product the way it was intended.