Forms On Fire Software Reviews

Forms On Fire Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Ease or use, support, cost, robust/dynamic software."
  • icon"Easy to use and understand. Customer support is always available to help with any issues."
  • icon"The capability of the platform allows you to create simple and complex form solutions."
  • icon"Some times customer service is lagging. Nonetheless, most of the issues are solvable using the knowledge base and FAQs section."
  • icon"Also the documents this platform generates seem to be missing items and we can’t figure out how to fix this."
  • icon"Forms on Fire can be incredibly complex, requiring users to do a lot of learning."

Browse all Forms On Fire Reviews

• Have you used Forms On Fire and would like to share your experience with others?

Geoff

Solid, dependable and powerful

I have built a fully comprehensive digital paperwork system with Forms on Fire for a client. It has transformed their business, automating many manual tasks and saving dozens of hours every month ongoing. The return on investment is off the charts. I also love the fact that the support is so responsive and helpful, even when it's a complex question I rarely need to explain more than once, and answers are timely and helpful, often going the extra mile.

Pros

The best thing about Forms on Fire is the flexibility. It's a blank canvas, you can create any type of form you require. With a little bit of technical knowledge it can be made extremely powerful. I appreciate the fact that it isn't aimed at consumers, as other form builder tools are, so it goes straight to the powerful functions needed in a business environment.

Cons

The built in data dashboards and analytics are adequate but not amazing. However these can be bypassed by exporting data to another platform using the integrations or API, and custom dashboards and reporting can be built there.

Response from Forms On Fire

Geoff, we are amazed at what you built, it's a great example of going way beyond forms to a fully data-driven application. Thanks for the kind words!

Replied July 2021

Cliff

Industry: Machinery

Easiest to Implement!

Very pleased with the ease of developing our forms, distributing, updating, and collecting the uploaded data . The drag and drop interface for forms is outstanding and the help files make it easy to develop any workflow you can imagine, very powerful!

Pros

Our team especially liked the openness of the software programming interface, the associated help files, and the superb customer support whenever we had a question. We knew going in that we would have some "special tasks" we would need to implement and Forms On Fire appeared to have the best programming system in place to easily make that happen using our own personnel and not requiring the software company to handle everything at additional cost. The system is so easy it just doesn't require that much support, but if you need it, they are there to help!

Cons

I think the website interface could use a few minor improvements like having data view columns maintain their positions between sessions or refreshes, and perhaps a little more development on the dashboard, although we'll probably develop our own that most of the vendors for this type of software simply don't offer.

Reasons for choosing Forms On Fire

We chose Forms On Fire over the competition based on the following: 1- Best Responses to our RFP documentation 2- Wide number of platforms the software will run on 3- Ease of developing the required forms and their ongoing maintenance as our products evolve 4- Most open development environment and help system in place allows us to do what we want, when we want, and not have to have the software vendor do it for us, unless we need them to! 5- Price is one of the best out there and provides excellent value per dollar

Response from Forms On Fire

Hi Cliff, thank you for your very kind words. We appreciate all our clients. Most our clients want such specific information about dashboards. Have you talked to our pro services team about designing something for you and your specific data? Reach out to us, we want to help! -Kendall

Replied March 2020

Alex

Smooth interface but technical issues frequently come up

Pros

The software is easy to use, clean interface, and alerts me when I am missing required information

Cons

There are frequent problems whenever we try to make an update, things don’t seem to work how we expected them to. Also the documents this platform generates seem to be missing items and we can’t figure out how to fix this.

Carlos

August 2022

Evaluating this software

No sure, I just test it on a trial version and still on evaluation

Pros

easy to implement, low code or no code, streamlining processes

Cons

No sure, I just test it on a trial version and still on evaluation

Rob

It's our secret weapon; I'm hesitant to even tell you about it.

I've been using FOF for over five years after assessing a number of "industry" solutions. They all sucked because they had to be built as a one-size-fits-all solution to apply to any of their customers. This is agile and fast. Everyone on the team loves it and it has generated a ton of cash for us, both in savings on labor/time/decision making, but also in billables that we weren't getting before through damages that lacked supporting documentation. We use this for everything.

Pros

It allows us to see what's happening in the field (all of the fields) in real-time. It's completely customizable per site so I don't have to build some awful one-size-fits-no-one monstrosity. It's agile, can be changed on the fly, and is super easy to use. It's also affordable and adapts to fit whatever niche needs I may have in my organization. It's a true game-changer and one that's made my life 100x easier than it should for the cost and effort involved.

Cons

The learning curve at the start is decent. It took a few days of trial/error and exploring to unlock the full potential and abilities of what it can do. As it is fully customizable it's not an "out of the box" solution but that's truly a good thing. You make up for the initial learning effort by what you can eventually do with it. Spend the time, get to know it, and it will alter your operation in every way.

Reasons for choosing Forms On Fire

The other solutions were slow, tedious, and static. I needed a dynamic solution that grow with us. FOF was more than I ever could have hoped for and the people who make it have been delightful to work with at every level. Once, I got myself locked out of my account at 8 am on a crucial date when I needed it and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] woke up at 5 am Pac time to get me back in - and was happy to do it. There's a level of quality and brilliance involved you won't find elsewhere.No matter your business, if you NEED to get data from various places in a spreadsheet or PDF with photos or video included there is no better solution.

Response from Forms On Fire

We love being our client's secret weapon!

Replied July 2021

Cam

Top notch customer support

Pros

We were able to develop and deploy baseline functionality on our first project to help support what soon became a multifaceted, company-wide deployment of FOF across our enterprise. Ease of integration with tools like Salesforce and a responsive customer support team make this product a winner for anyone who needs to deploy a specialized field service app for construction, industrial, or environmental projects.

Cons

The mobile design patterns are useful and utilitarian but they are somewhat limited and not customizable. This is the not the product to use if you want to highly customize the UI. This may be the case with most no/low code mobile app platforms as I do not have familiarity with many others.

Reasons for choosing Forms On Fire

Flexibility to support our unique business needs.

Response from Forms On Fire

Thanks Cam, we appreciate you joining our movement!

Replied December 2021

Industry: Environmental Services

Great mobile forms solution

Switched form another mobile forms platform. Needed stable pricing for our business. Switch was seamless and made team more productive immediately.

Pros

Implementation was intuitive and straightforward. Form building was easy to understand. Having a windows version made implementation and use more efficient.

Cons

In depth training opportunities would be helpful

Reasons for switching to Forms On Fire

Iform pricing model kept changing, did not offer windows version of app.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Technical Surveys

We needed a way to capture survey information from our engineers and have that data distributed to our designers and sales people to assess the results - many of our customers are in rural areas with no internet coverage, so the ability to work off-line was critical. We use the software on a regular basis and are able to instantly update the survey forms with engineer feedback for re-use within minutes. It has helped us conform to industry documentation requirements as well as provide consistent data for our designers to work with.

Pros

Easy to use and create sophisticated data entry forms for our engineers to capture customer data. The killer feature for us is the off-line ability to capture data and then upload automatically when next connected. Customer support is amazing!

Cons

It does a whole lot more than we need, so it would be good to be able to use a simpler cut-down version

Reasons for switching to Forms On Fire

no true off-line capture abilities, FoF has a whole lot of data analysis capbilities and integration that we would use in the future

Ramon

April 2022

Great and easy to setup app type forms for use in any industry

Pros

Loved the easy way to setup our workflow and the form we needed and the easy way of finding our data

Cons

I really don´t have many cons for the type of tool that forms on fire presents itstelf. it does what it says

Reasons for choosing Forms On Fire

much more options and functionalities that fit our business

Karley

August 2022

Amazing app!

My overall experience has been great. I’ve been using Forms On Fire for almost 3 years and have no complaints!

Pros

I love how easy the app is and the different apps we have been able to build within forms on fire. It makes our day-to-day easier.

Cons

At this time I cannot think of any features that need improvement.

Francisco

Helps us stand out

Helps us stand out from the competition

Pros

Connectivity with other software. It allows us to include pictures into the report.

Cons

Programming is not that easy, hard to learn.

Reasons for choosing Forms On Fire

Just tried it out and it worked.

price

Sean

Industry: Wholesale

A very effective tool to save field time and office time.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the price we pay, and the ability to complete items in an app with an output report on our template.

Pros

The output template is the most important feature to us. This way we can use our existing forms, and create a report we can immediately send to a customer while still onsite.

Cons

Sometimes the customer support doesn't know what I am talking about when building the forms. Building the forms is sometimes very confusing, and very tedious. The amount of time it takes to build a form sometimes is not worth the effort over using excel. Not being able to force sync from the home page of the app is a downfall.

Reasons for choosing Forms On Fire

The ability to turn off subscriptions, and the ability to use our existing forms. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is also very knowledgeable.

Reasons for switching to Forms On Fire

We wanted some users to be able to have monthly subscriptions.

Joanna

Fun to use, so robust for small businesses looking for efficiency

Ability to gather info from guys in the field and turn it into nice-looking reports for customers and actionable knowledge for the office.

Pros

When my business needed a form built and I was tired of waiting for programmers to build stuff for us that cost a lot of money and our time trying to explain to them what we needed, then wasn't quite right because they still don't really understand our business, I decided to build one myself. I then spent a lot of time looking at different products, and most of the ones that had the core functionality I needed (the ability to automatically create PDFs) were either too annoyingly simple and couldn't make the calculations I needed or they were so complex I would have to learn a lot of programming. Thank goodness I found Forms on Fire! It's the perfect middle ground that lets me do amazing things with a little work and playing around but takes care of the basics in the background.

Cons

They have a knowledge base that is great for getting started, but often doesn't show enough examples for me to quickly understand how to make their more advanced features work. And sometimes they go ahead and release new features (yay!) without fully debugging or writing up how to use or the bugs they've already found and are working on.

Response from Forms On Fire

Hi Joanna, we appreciate your kind words and we now have a process in place for adding examples to our knowledge base, which occurs every week!

Replied November 2018

Robert H

Insane levels of power and customization at an affordable price

FoF allowed us to create custom inspection forms to match exactly what we needed without any superfluous junk that would just get in the way. Other platforms we looked at required us to use pre-existing templates that would make us either have to ignore or fill out stuff we didn't care about, while FoF allowed us to make custom inspection forms for every aspect of the business for easy tracking/sorting/recording of in-field data that's vital to our business.

Pros

It allows anyone to customize inspection forms for literally any industry and/or location at an affordable price. Get just what you want, nothing more, nothing less. One-size-fits-all doesn't actually fit anyone; this software fits YOU like a bespoke suit from Lloyd's of London.

Cons

The interface to make your own forms isn't 100% intuitive, though the amount of time needed to learn is very short and you can be up and running in less than an hour. Subsequent customization of forms is really easy.

Response from Forms On Fire

Thank you Robert, we appreciate the kind words and glad you have joined our movement!

Replied April 2018

Matthew Maximo

April 2022

Forms are definitely on Fire!!!!

Forms on fire was exactly the middle ground we needed between being offline using paper and developping our own mobile app for internal use. We decided that simply digitizing the forms was the best use of our time and money and it has had a great ROI. Within the first 3 weeks of using FoF we were able to increase productivity and decrease paper to computer entry completely. Reports that usually took 1 hrs to gather the information and another hour to digitize and publish could be done on the fly during the data gathering phase.

Pros

This software is so easy to use! If you can drag and drop you can make a nice UI and form that is accessible reliably from any mobile platform. We really did have an easy time taking our existing excel sheets, modifying them to a forms on fire friendly format and setting that up. Total effort was about 10 hrs for a form conversion (first time, and done manually).

Cons

We got stuck with a few elements (how to pass data in a certain format) that didn't work, but Forms on fire customer support were available to help us get through it. It turns out it was user error and not Forms on Fire

Nick

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Forms on Fire Review.

Pros

In one word: flexibility. Basic forms can be developed by almost anybody. More advanced forms can be developed by getting a little creative, though you may need to reach out to Forms on Fire to help implement your desired solution.

Jackie

Make Forms That Make Everyone's Life Easier!

Pros

I'm a CODiE Award judge and have seen a ton of product. Forms On Fire are clearly mobile experts and have built a product that solves a core problem: how to create forms that make everyone's life easier - starting with yours! (No need to hire an army of SW developers who'll take months, only to add so much complexity that end-users won't use them.) In my opinion, here are some best use cases: Marketing & Finance Execs have 100's of new projects requiring input from multiple key stakeholders, critical dependencies and conflicting deadlines (activations, email campaigns, events, trade shows, surveys, new product launches, press releases, content updates etc..). Collaboration meetings are endless, the teams out straight and deadlines are near. The last thing anyone wants to do is fill out a form - unless you can make one that's easy and adds to their productivity, rather than subtracts. Formsonfire let's you create a form for repeatable tasks that you can also pre-set to be sent to the parties you choose to, at the schedule you need. Its intuitive design, the fanatically customer-centric support team and library of visual tutorials, ensure the form you envisioned is exactly what you get. Only you know how your key stakeholders' world works. You can make it easy for them, and they'll make life easier for you. In today's gig economy, (Lyft, Uber, Instacart, Postmates, Jobble etc.),HR onboards 100's or staff, quickly and accurately. Formsonfire's the answer!

Cons

I was able to get started without contacting them for any help. But more tutorials are always welcome.

Response from Forms On Fire

Thanks again for your kind words Jackie, and if you want to get another product tour to see what is coming down the road, sign up at our web site.

Replied April 2018