• Pros

• "It is extremely easy to learn and use. It is also very reliable."

• "I love the constant improvements and actual action taken by my suggestions. The individual attention they give you is invaluable."

• "I like the ease of using the software. All the information I need is easy to find and very easy to navigate through. "

• Cons

• "It can be a little cumbersome at times. Strong learning curve, but not too strong. "

• "Not much. There are Company specific items that we would like to add or have enhanced but Key 7 software team is good at working with us on these "one-off" items"

• "The app is limited In ability. Being able to print from the truck to a small thermal printer would be nice. Also having a way to leave outcome notes on service tickets would be helpful. "

Browse 7 Software Reviews

Tracy H from Rice Pest Control

Excellent Software Value

I have to say you can find flaws in any product so the pro's here far outweigh the cons. This is a great product for the money and we have been extremely satisfied with the Key 7 product and team.

Pros

Key 7 if a fairly inclusive product for our industry. Scheduling is easy and quick. Reports are detailed and easy to run as well. We have been very happy with the Key 7 teams response to our needs. They have extremely good problem solving skills and are very quick to respond. By far the best customer support of any software vendor we have had.

Cons

When making adjustments to properties or services within an account there are multiple steps that it seems could be simplified. It is my understanding Key 7 is working on that issue. Daytime updates in the user system have kicked us out of the system from time to time.

Wysteria from United Pest Control

Needs Tweaks Worked Out

My overall experience with key seven is good but it could be better for the expensive price my boss pays

Pros

I like Key 7 software because it is easy to use once you learn all the features it contains. I work at a pest control company and I use this software daily to post customer appointments, chemicals etc.

Cons

What I like least about key seven is the numerous kinks and software issues. Anytime we have issues with seven their customer service representatives can usually fix the issue once they look into it but they can’t explain why there was an issue. This has messed up many customer accounts over the years I have used it and there are many tweaks the software developers need to implement for it to be 100% successful. There are a few specifics that are not offered and the software developer said it is not an option currently (such as opening maps on an iPhone when traveling to customer appointments)

Reasons for Switching to 7 Software

RDF was outdated & didn’t have the mobile posting feature we needed

Lauren from Bohannon Services

7 Review

We love having a relationship with customer support. We were lacking that with our previous provider. We love that you listen to our ideas and find solutions for us. That one on one attention is invaluable. The conversion process was very stressful for us. It caused a very negative feeling in the office about the software.

Pros

Being able to reopen batches to fix mistakes, having admin capabilities to remove erroneous appointments, Mobile capabilities, Scheduler/Bulk Scheduler is easy to use

Cons

Many things did not convert from our previous software. We lost an enormous amount of data. (All sentricon graphs with stations placement, Foundation types, contract types, notes in previous work orders) / Updates seem to always cause an issue with something else / I HATE that you have to cancel an agreement to change the frequency of service - we had a large account with many properties that wanted to change to inside and out instead of perimeter, and we had to cancel every agreement and start from scratch. Our old system enabled you to edit these and it would have taken a fraction of the time / The technician dailies only print 3 appointments per page / No way to put in recurring time blocks / No way for time blocks to print on technicians schedules

Kathryn from Integrity Pest Control

Lot's of Pro's and Con's

Pros

Very simple to use. Its "dummified" down, but that also is a con because there are a lot of steps to do simple things.

Cons

There are too many mouse clicks to get to information, to build in new agreements, and to access anything within an account. There could be more features offered to set to a user preference that can be saved for that user; ie: dates within the account to view from oldest to future. If you change this its only for that one time view within that account. When you search for an account, sometimes my techs only have the bare minimum to give me to go off of. So I will get a last name, but not the correct spelling. If the search feature had an addition of a "..." feature. If I'm searching for say "Smith" but I don't know if its Smith or Smyth. If we had a feature that allowed me to type "Sm..." and give me all accounts that included that within the results. The Advanced Search feature is nice, but I also use it daily and would like that to be set as my main search screen, not just the Account, Name, Address

Beth from Guardian Pest Solutions

Key 7 Review

The software has been a life saver when out of the office or for the technicians on the field. Since we are such a small operation it makes being out of town or just running errands much less stressful when it's all accessible from my phone or IPAD. The staff is incredible to work with.

Pros

Mobility, customer service, and the continued updates/modifications to the current software. The staff is always listening to their clients to make changes/tweaks to improve the software and make it more user friendly.

Cons

Not having the ability to do a price increase across the board without involving customer care. Some of the Admin actions are confusing when you want to make changes. Specifically the reminder text info sent to the customer is not easily found.

Brad from Glass Termite & Pest, Inc.

3 years and running!

I’ve been in business for 14 years now and recently simply did a revenue growth by year. What I liked about this “looking back” assessment is that the three years that I’ve been with Key 7 that my average growth from year to year were highest during these last three years! With my old software I felt like there was a ceiling and now with Key 7 that has been lifted.

Pros

Cons

Probably that I haven’t had enough time to delve into some of the more advanced parts of the software that can take my business from “Running” to “FLYING”! Looking forward to learning a bit more in year 4!

Brandy from Rice Pest Control

new to Pest Control software

if i'm blunt, I'm not fond of it BUT i've not worked with pest control software in the past. I come from large medical facilities that use Lytec and Medisoft and billing software like availity. K7 has potential, but it's not there yet.

Pros

not overly complicated to learn, has potential. needs to be way more intuitive.

Cons

not intuitive, transferring accounts should take all associated treatments and documentation with it, the accounting section needs better reports. I should be able to pull a report in the reporting section by account number. I should be able to run reports on name alone. The process to enter a new customer is INSANELY complicated, not intuitive and was very hard to learn. there are too many time throughout the day i get kicked from the software in the middle of working on something. search bar in the right upper corner need to default to ACTIVE ACCOUNTS ONLY. Search bar needs a BACK function so i can go back into the list i just searched because it pulls up NOT ACTIVE accounts.

Jennifer from Waynes Pest Control

7 by key 7 Review

Love the software!! A huge benefit it is user friendly and our customer experience team feel confident answering accounting questions since they are able to see everything and understand it compared to our former system.

Pros

Very user friendly- our new team members are able to learn software quickly. Static reports are very helpful for auditing purposes to make sure we are billing and billing the correct amount. Key 7 Software customer service is great. They are very helpful and respond back in a timely manner.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I least like about the software.

Kathryn from Waynes

7 Review

I have really enjoyed using 7 - it find it a lot easier to run reports and get the information I need and I mostly enjoy how user friendly it is because it makes training must easier.

Pros

The ease of the system and how user friendly it is. As a Supervisor over our Customer Experience Team and training new people it definitely helps when they are able to pick up the software so quickly

Cons

I would love to be able to see any uploaded documents and letters in one area on an account instead of having to search different places it may be

Steven from Duke Pest Services, Inc.

Awesome Customer Service

Being able to easily access profits and what we are making on certain services compared to others. The reporting capabilities are 2nd to none.

Pros

We live in an area of constant change because we are next to a military base, so being able to keep the homeowners separate from their properties instead of being permanently tied to one property has been awesome and has made the software very flexible for my business.

Jenny from Waynes

7 Software is so user friendly!

The software we used in the past was frustrating and hard to navigate. With 7 Software, I can find the information quickly and take great care of my customers! I appreciate easy to understand accounting tab and documentation within the software. Taking care of customers and having the right information at my fingertips makes my job easier and more fulfilling!

Pros

I like the layout and the ability to access the information I need quickly while taking care of customers.

Cons

I have not found anything to dislike with this software.

Misty from Waynes Pest Control

Key Seven review

Being the closing Coordinator I have to send out the closing paperwork all day. Using this software with all the functions it has makes that a very easy, fast task.

Pros

Cons

The only this that I am not fond of is when sending an email through Seven, you cannot send to multiple emails at one time.

Joseph from pest control

Industry: Renewables & Environment

A+ customer service and software

7 software has really helped to automate many functions in my pest control business. Their customer service is by far the better than other software companies.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly and they are constantly coming out with new useful features. They’ll work with you on customizing things such as service tickets.

Doug from Waynes Pest Control

4+ Year User

Very positive

Pros

Adaptability to our business needs and the diverse Reporting options

William from Waynes

7 Software is awesome!

My overall experience has been great and keeps getting better.

Pros

It is extremely easy to learn and use. It is also very reliable.

Cons

I can't think of anything at this time that would be a con.

Tim from Waynes

great!

very satisfied

Pros

Ease of use on a daily basis. makes the job easy

Cons

I can't think of a single negative comment

Karla from United Pest & Turf Control, Inc.

Key 7 Software

Pros

Compared to our previous Pest Software, Key 7 offers many more options of reports and custom features that they can create to assist our company's needs.

Cons

Making any form of corrections seems to take up to 5,6,7 steps.... Also, while Key7 has an endless memory, when pulling batches, once the numbers get fairly high, the search engine will no longer be able to find what you need. You must go through pages of dates.

Mitch from Mr. Bugg's Pest Patrol, Inc.

Great software company

Pros

We have really enjoyed the features that the software offers, and the convenience it brings to our customers.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "con," but anytime you make a change such as this there are bound to challenges during the conversion process. It hasn't been the easiest, but we expected that, and the Key 7 support team spent a lot of time prior to the conversion helping to prep us for the "go live" date.

Brian from Mr. Bugg's Pest Patrol, Inc.

Mr. Bugg's Key 7 Software Review

So far everything has been good. The reps have been able to resolve most of the issues we have come across.

Pros

We like the fact that we are able to go mostly paperless for ease of use.

Cons

Some of the reports seem to be rather lengthy to get just a little bit of information.

LEE from HOBBS PEST MANAGEMENT

KEY 7 IS AWESOME!

The support staff is great. They are very friendly and go above and beyond.

Pros

EASE OF USE. ease of use. ease of use. ease of use

Cons

THE COST. the cost. the cost. the cost. the cost.