• Pros

• "The best part about this software is that it works. It does exactly what we need it to do, very happy with this tool."

• "easy to use for drivers. easy to add stops last minute and reroute!"

• "Easy and understandable setup. Able to implement immediately with almost no ramp up time. "

• Cons

• "Can be a little cumbersome to set up initially but the OptimoRoute team were fantastic."

• "For a while, we could not do straight line routes, but they fixed it!!"

• "Nothing specific for us. I have seen multiple enhancements within the past 12 months that tells me the company is receptive to providing features based on customer feedback."

Browse OptimoRoute Reviews

Mark from On The Surface

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Simply the BEST

So you might have guessed I'm a little impressed with this software. I have been using route4me mobile for the last 3 weeks and it was adequate, but lacked. You CANNOT upload an address it does not recognize and as I previously mentioned "geotag". This simple ability, not to mention their generous 30 day trial (not 3) and the fair pricing led me to purchase a years subscription before I even used the software live on my route. I had a question about some routing so I emailed support on a Sunday and had a response within the hour. If you are on the fence about routing software, belive me this is the one. Don't even try anything else, unless you like giant pains in your butt or losing your hair from frustration!

Pros

First and foremost what I like the best is the pricing. I know that seems like a shallow response but I have not been able to find a comparable route planner that realizes I am only one person, not a fleet, and offers me a reasonable price for their service. Other benefits are the address matching function, it is much better than the programs I have been using. Better yet, if the program does not recognize an address in my upload lists it will proc a geotag I can move to where I want the address located. I work in a rural area and this is probably the most amazing ability I have found. Want it to be better?? It saves the name of the location in your active address book and will pull it up the next time eliminating future corrections. The fact that the computational process is all done on their servers means I can run the webservice on a very basic machine I feel safe leaving in my vehicle for this service. The mobile phone app is so simple, yet elegant in its design it boggles my mind. No heavy features to get in the way just simple functionality. The GPS tracking in real time is also quite accurate. The fact I can just push a route to my mobile from the Web service is outstanding. There are a host of other commonalities that this shares with other services like "in delivery" and "complete" functions.

Cons

OK, so I cannot ramble on about the service and not have something a little clunky about it so here it is... updating "live" delivery lists is a bit un-possible, I say un-possible because it is not impossible but the work around is a little bit of a PITA. The inability to have more than one "depot" at a time is a personally unique challenge seeing as I do an in and out run, but I just do my afternoon in reverse.... hardly the end of the world. That's the worst I have to say about it =)

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied May 2019

Hey, Mark. It's great to hear we checked so many of your boxes right off the bat. Email us at support@optimoroute.com so we can help make the "un-possible" a bit easier!

Cathy from Pueblo Cooperative Care Center

Esceptional Customer Service

The benefits from the program has been significant to help us grow a new program within our organization. We are able to deliver to food sacks to homebound seniors because of you fabulous route optimization process.

Pros

The mapping of the route is very helpful and the most impactful. I love that it takes the guess work out. When a route needs to be adjusted it is with ease. The ability to divide the route between drivers based on time, percentage and miles is a huge plus.

Cons

I wish that it would interact with our Pantry Program and GPS systems. That would be a dream and would ease redundancy. I would love to see a place to add photos, customer sign off of delivery and time card feature would be amazing!

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

The ability to import customers, pricing, mapping, and the ability to send the route to our drivers phones.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied November 2020

Thanks for your review! Great to see that OptimoRoute is helping your business grow, we love this kind of feedback. Stay tuned for our next big feature release - we think you'll be thrilled!

Eric from Bolstering Buffalo Inc.

Good Set Up/Needs Updates

Pretty good.

Pros

I like that I'm able to move addresses Geo-Location to accommodate for alleys or driveways that are on a different street (aka, service spot is different than actual address spot). I like the functionality of the software, uploading routs etc. It's pretty simple to use!

Cons

The maps are outdated, and I almost ALWAYS have to fix the route. It marks roads that are not roads, are blocked off, or it will label a creek or wash (Arizona) as a road.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

Route4Me is way to expensive, and it wasn't that great anyway.

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute

It was easier to upload and make changes to my route.

Hana from IMED CLINIC

EASY TO USE, ACCURATE AND EFFECTIVE!

Distribution of corporate presents can be very challenging especially during Christmas/post-earthquake/COVID 19 times. In the year of 2020, we as a company have done it 2 times, so in order for me to best explain the efficiency of Optimoroute, I will just compare 2 exactly same processes with and without the use of Optimoroute. MARCH 2020 VS DECEMBER 2020 OPTIMOROUTE NO YES NUMBER OF PRESENTS 300 300 TEAM MEMBERS 7 1 NUMBER OF DRIVERS 3 3 DELIVERING DAYS 7 3 As you can see from the comparison above, not only have we saved the costs for drivers by decreasing the number of days needed for delivery, but also, having only one member of our team involved in the whole process, we have freed 7 working days of our 6 employees so that their time can be used in a more efficient manner. Optimoroute saved our money and time by simplifying and efficiently managing process that used to be time and energy consuming.

Pros

For the use of Optimoroute software no special technical knowledge is needed, other than the simplest knowledge of excel. The best thing is, after you import all the data, choose number of drivers and optimize the route, you are able to print routes for each driver, but even better, you can import the routes into their Google maps so the only thing left for them to do is drive!

Cons

I didn't find any downsides of OptimoRoute software.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied February 2021

Hi Hana, We appreciate the fact that you took the time to review OptimoRoute - thanks! It's awesome that you managed to save time and money with our route optimization software and that you found it easy to use! If you'll be in the need of any additional assistance in the future, you can always drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com - our team would be more than happy to help you out with anything you need. In the meantime, be sure to follow us on social media for updates about new features!

R.W. from Holleman Farms

Industry: Farming

Making us look good!

This has honestly been a great software platform for our business. We looked at many competitors and options but Optimo Route was the best. Had all the features and more and the cost we right in line for a start up business. We will recommend this platform to everyone and appreciate the experience we have had so far.

Pros

We appreciate that this software has a tracking option and communication protocol. In the farming and delivering business communication is key and we are able to communicate with our customers and differentiate us from our competitors. Easy to use and very robust for the amount of money we pay. A great value.

Cons

We are not aware of how to integrate Optimo Route with our Wix E-Commerce platform. Integration would really help us save time but we don't know how to do this. We would like to have a better HELP or Support option in Optimo Route.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

More features and benefits for the price and we are able to customize in the future. Easy to add drivers and we got a great trial offer without having to buy it yet.

Rebecca from Table Field Grocery

Groceries Delivered

Overall we are very satisfied with the performance of the software.

Pros

Drivers save time using the software and it ensures customers that their groceries are on their way. The fact that it integrated easily in to apple phones is great. Also helpful that you can download reports, and the driving delivery schedule.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to know where to go if you need to make unexpected changes in a hurry. For instance if a driver needs to switch their navigation app or if you need to edit some stops.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

The Optima-Route software was easily integrated and easy to learn. When we reached out to Locus there weren't any clear ideas as to how much it would cost. The people who did get back to us from Locus were vague and made it seem as though everything had to be customized and it seemed way out of our budget. We didn't have time to waste and OptimoRoute was found searching on the internet and so glad we found it.

Cheryl from Mud Bay

Easy and Efficient to Use

The program is a great option for what we were looking for. The routing program that comes with our online platform is not user friendly, so I am happy that I found this product.

Pros

It has some very user friendly features along with the ease of use and set up with the App.

Cons

Adding a adjusting routes after they start should not have to be manually adjusted. There are times that I have to add quite a few stops and it gets very time consuming.

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute

Even though Tookan is linked to our online shopping, the process of using it was terrible!!!

Dan from Container Brewing Ltd.

Works well for us!

Overall, happy with what it does for us.

Pros

Having the ability to have multiple drivers available to plan routes is super nice. The core functionality of planning the route for optimal efficiency is what I really appreciate.

Cons

It's a bit dated in how it works, could use a bit of a refresh to be a bit more intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute

Was recommended by another OR user to have a look at OR, and after playing with it found it to be still better to use.

Tim from Salsa Queen

Industry: Food Production

OptimoRoute gets the job done.

Overall, we are satisfied with the features and ease of use for OptimoRoute and have used it for 6+ months.

Pros

As a logistics manager for a food company, we were looking for ways to increase our reach beyond grocery stores when coronavirus started, so we started a local home delivery business. We tried out a few route managing apps before settling on OptimoRoute and we've had no reason to change. OptimoRoute's app was by far the simplest for our drivers to use. I also really like the ease of manual scheduling delivery points after I've already created a route. It's simple and intuitive and I can even make changes to routes that the driver is on and it will send the updates right to the driver's app.

Cons

One downside, is that it can be difficult to plan multiple routes at once for multiple drivers in the same city by only using the automatic route generator. I found that often I have to make minor adjustments to the suggested routes in order to optimize the plan.

Steven from Piano Moves

Positive but needs improvement

Really good on a basic level, routes are effective and reporting is adequate however requires a separate maintenance management tool so doesn't resolve some issues that could easily be managed in the app with some accounting integration. Recommended for small business who are just looking for a route optimisation tool.

Pros

Very easy to deploy and use. Simple integration into existing hardware.

Cons

The mapping that Optimoroute uses is different to google maps therefore produces different travel times. No option to avoid tolls for routing. Believe it would be better to have the routing tool imbedded in the app. Also some reporting could be looked at as it does not appear to be correct. Also if hardware is attached to a vehicle the driver cannot sign on and off, and you can only track the truck not the individual.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

This was the only one that actually managed to deal with pick up and drop off easily so it suited our business best.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied December 2020

Hi Steven, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - we really appreciate the feedback! Glad to hear you were satisfied with our pick up and drop off features. Thanks for letting us know about your concerns and issues. You can contact us at support@optimoroute.com so we can hear more about the specifics of your case and improve your experience. We're constantly working on improving our route optimization software and you can keep track of news about new features on our socials, so be sure to follow us!

Pablo from Computer Software

Worth more than the subscription price

I'm doing snow removal from a set of static locations. I am completely unfamiliar with all the streets and these locations. OptimoRoute is my wingman. It reduces my overall driving time, which translates to fuel and maintenance reduction costs.

Pros

I am a recently retired computer geek. I have done a lot of work solving problems for clients. In my retirement I decided, among other things, to drive a snow plow. :) I was handed a textual description of my route and told to get started. With my background (Computer Science degree), I realized that optimizing the route is a typical 'Traveling Salesman' problem. It is *extremely* difficult to solve. Before my retirement, one of the many things I would do is analyze software solutions for customers. I employed the same technique to find 'delivery route optimization' packages. I looked at many and found OptimoRoute to be 'best of class.' o I can easily import a set of 'orders' (stops in my case). o I can pre-assign the 'orders' to drivers and do it quickly. o Based on my knowledge of the route, I can fine-tune the optimized route. o The Android is map-agonistic. It uses my device's default mapping tool. In my case, due to lack of coverage and no data, I use Google Maps in Offline mode. o Once a route is created, I do not have to re-gen it, I can copy it from day to day. This way a driver can memorize the route. o The Support staff will actually call you to help you out. I don't think this is sustainable though. ;) Yet, this is pretty amazing. o The pricing is extremely reasonable for a small (or even large) business. o They're smart to push the optimization (which is seriously CPU intensive) to a server. As an engineer, this is an at-scale solution.

Cons

With any complicated software, there will always be room for improvement: o The Online Help has some outdated examples, typos and is trailing the current feature-set. I don't think it's a big deal because they make it up with the stellar Support. But it will need to be addressed. o The Android app should be enhanced so it can work in Nougat+ split-screen mode: Google Maps in one half of the screen / Android app in the other o The text box when opening up a Support call does not resize - yeah, a minor issue but hey, if I'm picking on this minor issue, we know the software doesn't have major problems right???

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied March 2019

Hey Pablo! Love being your wingman! We so appreciate the feedback and we're super glad to hear your transition to professional snowplow driver that much easier!

James from CHEMSTATION of The Rockies

Industry: Chemicals

Small company using sofware

All in all it is a positive experience with Optimo Route. I know some of the options I would like to see could be accomplished through their web api, but we prefer out of the box solutions. If you are looking for a simple cost effective scheduling software this is a great start. I do change the route that is automatic many times and I am ok with that.

Pros

We signed up with Optimo Route early on when they came out, price point is good when you have a small fleet. We utilize it with a rotating of 2 drivers at a time with 7-12 stops each. I use it mainly for the fact that I can send the route to the guys via app & e-mail. *Easy to set up *Easy to use once you get the hang of it *Great customer service on getting locations set up. We only use locations for our customers not customers. Most of our customers have a single location that we go to. *Some customization via custom fields (We transport chemicals and I wanted a way to put down which chemicals we transport. While I don't have a great way to do this I did do a work around to get it to work. *Mobile app for drivers *Online only which is fine with me *Live tracking of trucks - this feature works maybe 80% allot in my assumption has to do with network and users device quality. I use it to see how my guys are doing on their route and to get an idea when they will be back or if they are meeting someone else.

Cons

*Don't have a monthly calendar view or RSS feed - this is nearly a deal breaker for us. I would like to be able to share the schedule with my sales people via a calendar where they can view future deliveries. *They have a Depot showing up but it is unusable in the scheduling. Working with OptimoRoute we did come up with a work around. Minor inconvenience. *Routing doesn't allow you to take in account for Hazmat routes. (Not a deal breaker for us as my drivers know the routes and use it primarily for order of stops, and will drive the correct route if needing a hazmat route. *No mobile website or app for schedulers, only use on a tablet or mobile phone if you want to lose your hair.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied January 2019

Thanks James! It's great to hear what works and your wish list. If you have a moment, drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com and let us know what's missing from using Custom Fields for your Products. Perhaps we can recommend something that would suit you better. What's more we have some new functionality with our Weekly (and Monthly) planning feature that might get you some of the visibility you were looking for. Happy to discuss. Lastly, we expect that some upcoming improvements will make planning with a tablet a bit easier! Thanks again for being with us so long. Stay tuned...

Monica from Sanixa, LLC

Industry: Facilities Services

Well-Designed Flexible Routing System that is a Joy to Use!

The OptimoRoute system is suitable for our small company and will easily expand with our business as we grow. We have been impressed by the system's flexibility with access to a mobile application. The customer service at initial setup was excellent and I haven't needed it since! I am also encouraged that new and valuable features have been added since we began using OptimoRoute, which reflects dedication to continuous improvement in the product.

Pros

Ease of use, specifically the ability to copy customer orders/routes as well as upload them using Excel. Flexibility of routing settings, planning and desktop/mobile application display. The accompanying mobile application is exceptionally stable and easy to use for our technicians. Live service schedule with status. Email notification of arrival feature will be useful for customer communication.

Cons

Wish List - We need additional custom fields to be able to display multiple services within the mobile application (only 5, could use 10). Mobile application does not capture actual start time when technician starts the day by logging in On Duty, which could assist in timekeeping and reduce the need for an additional service. Must log in to send routes to the mobile application daily rather than being able to schedule to send weekly. Currently there is no customer signature capture through the mobile application. Would like to see analytics reports with more detail/display choices instead of basic bar graphs and be able to export all reports.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2019

Hi Monica, Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your OptimoRoute experience! We're glad that you've found a lot to love about our route optimization software. In particular, it's great that you feel you've found a planning solution that will grow with your company. We want to ensure you're getting the most out of OptimoRoute. Please contact our support team at support@optimoroute.com and we'll go over solutions to the issues you've experienced. And - we're working on signature capture, it's almost here!

Dan from Dragon Shield Smoke Alarms

Valuable asset for my company

We are a service company and use OptimoRoute on a daily basis to plan and execute runs for our service vehicles. Benefits we have gained are: Enhanced visibility and more accurate planning of daily runs. Ability to provide more accurate ETAs and more easily plan jobs with specific time window requirements. Cost savings from more efficient runs.

Pros

The software is easy to use, easy to set up for use with out existing software, the route planning is very reliable - cost savings from efficient route mapping, Reliable - have had no interruptions to use or crashes, support team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

Software update notifications - I can't recall seeing any emails or notifications within the software to advise the user when there have been new features or improvements made to the software. I've noticed some changes such as the option to send routes at a specific time instead of straight away. It would be good to be given a list of patch/update changes to see if there is something new available that might be useful.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

My company needed route management software that was not just a simple 'pick up ->delivery -> return to depot'. While Optimoroute can manage that scenario with ease, it is the ability for it to manage complex runs where multiple pickups are required prior to reaching specific run destinations that make it stand out from others. I trialled 3 other applications before purchasing OptimoRoute and none of them could handle the needs of my business.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2019

G'day Dan, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your company's experience with OptimoRoute. Fantastic to read about the savings and efficiency gains that our route optimization is giving you! We're working on adding notifications within our software. In the meantime - keep an eye out for our emails and social media updates, where we tell our customers about new features. Best, Pete

Ann from Fiore Management / Canndescent

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great choice for growing companies

We have very busy scheduled and demanding customers. Using routing software has made the job a lot easier and saves us hours of time each week since we no longer live in spreadsheets.

Pros

OptimoRoute is really easy to get started on. The interface makes sense and people on our team were able to figure it out and begin using it very quickly. It has really streamlined our processes and allows us to make changes to our busy routes on the fly. For the cost, it includes a multitude of constraints and optimization/planning tools. It's great that it's able to distribute orders based on truck size and driver skills. Since the monthly payment is based on the amount of drivers, the software will grow with us and that's exactly what we needed.

Cons

There are a few features that are missing that I hope will be added soon. There is no easy way to set up customer notifications that we've been able to find, though customer notifications are listed as a feature. Adding the ability for drivers to add a note along with their order status update would be indispensable. The ability to save multiple depots and create one-way routes between them would make the software more usable for companies like ours who are growing extremely rapidly and have multiple locations.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

The list of features compared with the monthly cost made this the smartest choice. Most of the other solutions are geared towards customers with a large amount of daily deliveries. Given the nature of our business, the limited amount of potential customers in the state (less than 500 shops), and the potentially long stop times (20 minutes to 2 hours), solutions that are geared for 2000+ deliveries are month are simply not necessary... but we still require the features and benefits that routing software provides.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2019

Hi Ann, Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions of OptimoRoute. We're glad that you've recognized us as a route optimization tool that will grow with your business, because that's exactly the kind of software we aim to be! Please drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com, we'll be happy to go over the issues you've come across and we'll find a way to improve your experience.

Claude from Classic Deli Supply, Inc

Daily Route Planning

My general comment here is we are very happy with the product, the learning curve has been a little difficult for me personally but Optimo has been there EVERYTIME I needed help and that SPEAKS FOR ITSELF in my opinion.

Pros

EXCELLENT Support! We have some very specific needs for Route Planning (DAILY/WEEKLY) Optimo has handled our needs with some tweaking by their excellent support! We are satisfied with it performance and Driver's ease of use.

Cons

Learning Curve has been a little difficult but the support for it has been excellent even over the weekends! So I can't say enough about how impressed I am with that aspect of their product, even through the Covid crisis the support has been there for us.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

We did a trial test on two other routing programs we looked at and Optimo was the ONLY provider that actually was there to help us set up their system and they took the time to work with us to understand our needs and didn't just force us to us a "Canned" program.. Now here's the big kicker for me and those of you that are smaller users of a system like this. WE RUN TWO TRUCKS ON OPTIMO!! So the small customer gets great support too!!!

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute

Zeemaps is a Mapping software which I still use on a regular basis, I have every stop we have on Zeemaps and I can refer to it to see what impact adding a stop in Optimo will have such as lost time or distance from an Optimo planned route to one I had to add a stop to it. Zeemaps is not a routing software.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied November 2020

Thanks for your feedback - small businesses rock! It's a pleasure helping customers make OptimoRoute work for them in the best possible way. We're here for you!

JONATHAN from J&S Landscape

Invaluable product

Routing improved and streamlined, bottom line increased, product pays for itself many times over. I have tried a number of routing software applications and optimoroute is the top choice you can make. Reliable and easy to learn you will question why you ever did without it.

Pros

I need to route two different work crews all over northern Illinois, usually 150+ miles per crew per day. In the past each crew chief would use a Garmin GPS to manually route up to 15 service visits per day but since using optimoroute we have increased work time and decreased travel time plus saved 15% yearly on fuel costs per crew truck. This product pays for itself immediately and will increase your bottom line! The customer service is first rate and I always received an answer from the team at optimal the same day and enjoyed a solution within 24 hours, The program itself is user-friendly and easy to master.

Cons

Absolutely nothing, I could find no negatives using this software, dealing with the company and the people there

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

It is absolutely the best of all the choices considered.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2020

Hello Jonathan, it's awesome that you're experiencing so many benefits of using OptimoRoute - that's what drives us! Keep an eye out for new features and upgrades coming out in the very near future...

Coby from Pet Butler of Maryland

Amazing software!

We service individual trash cans that are clustered in specific neighborhoods. I can get the lat/long off of Google Maps one time and enter them in an Xcel spreadsheet and then just import everything into Optimoroute and let it figure out the fastest routing instantly among multiple employees who have different scheduling constraints. The app doesn't slow my people down and It handles stops that are very close together. My stops don't have a specific address usually so the lat/long feature really helps. I already have GPS tracking in my truck, but if I did not I would use the live map feature as well because it works really well.

Pros

This software has solved my routing problems and greatly increased employee productivity. It's very easy to set up the routes and transmit them to employees on a daily basis. The app works great and is very fast and easy to use. The price of the software is reasonable and pays for itself with the increases in productivity. It has made my job so much easier.

Cons

We sometimes start and stop from different locations and I would like to see it easier to set start/stop points for commonly used locations. I would like to see some ability for the driver to make stop specific notes when necessary. I would also like to see the route timing schedule adjust to when the driver specifically starts their route so they know if they are on time. If they have to start a little early or a little late then the scheduled times are not as useful.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

I looked at several but I don't remember the names. This was the only one that did everything I need for a reasonable price without any unnecessary complications. It's simple, reasonably priced, and works properly.

Matt from City of Charlotte

Great Routing Software

The customer service has been great. We initially had an issue that we needed solved with same side of street service an no u-turns. OptimoRoute was able to add this functionality pretty quickly so that we could see it in action before making a full buying decision.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. It has the ability to scale with the size of your organization. We were drawn to it because of the ability to assign "skills" to drivers. This allowed up to split up our fleet according to their specialty.

Cons

The price. It is on the higher end of routing software that we looked at, but with the included features and excellent customer service, it has worked out well for us.

Features and customer service

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute

CompassLogistics was on its way to not being supported anymore.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2019

Hello Matt, Thanks for your review - we appreciate the feedback! It's great to hear that OptimoRoute is helping manage your fleet's constraints. Most customers see ROI within weeks or sometimes days of use - so we're glad you're experiencing the value that our route optimization software brings. We're proud of our features that suit a diverse range of workflows. Stay tuned for new features, because we're continuously working on giving our customers the best product possible. Best, Cathy

Tony from Fairfax meadow Europe

Industry: Food Production

Optimo Review

Overall a good product to conduct simple multi drop optimisation. Limited reporting available and limited ability for anything strategic. As our business had no optimisation capability it has proven to be very valuable especially in these times when costs and efficiency are paramount.

Pros

The software is very easy to implement and use. The mobile tracking element simple and effective and we had no problems with any drivers using it. The optimisation process is very fast which allows the user to create several possible what-if scenarios.

Cons

The location database is difficult to manage as it appeasr to add an entry everytime there is a slight change which leads to multiple entries for each location in the gazetteer. If you accidently copy or delete orders there is no "undo" button which can be disasterous when working to a tight schedule. We are unable to plan strategically as in our case I would need to create a large one-off schedule that would require me to add the number of drivers and add cost. As I only need to add drivers as a one-off this make it not cost effective to pay for a months worth of extra drivers. Operationally this biggest problem is hours worked does not include implant and explant that would apply to any driver. I cannot therefore use the system report to calculate hours as I am unable to add time for vehicle check, refuel debrief etc.

As above

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied December 2020

Hi Tony, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for OptimoRoute's route optimization software - we really appreciate it! Also, thanks for letting us know about your concerns and issues, drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com so we can hear more about the specifics of your case and improve your experience. Our team would be happy to help find solutions suitable for your company's needs. We're working on improving our software daily and we'll also be adding new features soon. Hope you'll be able to reap the full benefits of our software with the help of our team!

Cathy from Rent-a-Post

User Friendly

Based on the basics of what I need to accomplish with the program, it works great! I am very happy with it and would recommend it if ever asked

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and routes are created quickly. I like the fact that you can have more than one vehicle routed at a time and that you can export the route to the driver if need be. I like that you can have more than 21 stops per vehicle without having to create a new route. I have not utilized the program to its full capacity as of yet.

Cons

That when you add an address and you want to copy and paste it into the name field it it tends to default back to the location section causing you to enter the location twice on the line. That you actually have to download the trip info to retrieve times etc. That sometimes it give you wacky driving times and if you reference the two driving destinations with google maps, you get different times. Although, traffic may be the indicator here.. not sure.

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute

You were only able to have 21 stops where this programs allows way more.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2019

Hello Cathy, Thanks for leaving a review about OptimoRoute, and for letting us know what has impressed you and concerned you. It's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying the ease of use and the powerful capability of our route optimization software. Please be in touch at support@optimoroute.com - let's find a solution together to these issues that have been troubling you.

GC from business process outsourcing

OptimoRoute has saved us tremendous time!!!

I mentioned many of my experiences in the above comments but this software has allowed us to streamline our fundraising goals. We are all volunteers and often times spent many hours in helping to organize our routes, drivers and deliveries. This software has taken the hassle out of the equation. I actually look forward to the delivery days knowing that I have access to this sofware.

Pros

The ease of use, accessibility and the features that the software has to offer. We are able to easily copy previous routes, add/edit the drivers and quickly add new orders. This allows us to update the system in real-time allowing us to be very efficient. The delivery addresses are color coordinated by driver, so I can manually visualize the routes and make changes if and when necessary. I also love the ability to enter specific times that each delivery may take. This allows me to assign routes based on the required time for each driver. In the past, the routes were split up into addresses and equally assigned. However, some deliveries require additional time. This is an amazing piece of software that we are extremely happy to incorporate into our fundraiser drive.

Cons

I'm not sure that there is anything about the software that I dislike.

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute

We outgrew Google Maps and could no longer spend countless hours mapping our routes manually with Google Maps. Although I am a big fan of Google, their software is not designed for our purpose.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2019

Hi GC, Thanks for reviewing your organization's experience of using OptimoRoute. It's great to read that our route optimization software is making your fundraising efforts much easier and more efficient. We're always improving features and adding capabilities - so keep an eye out for more ways of making your valuable work even easier to perform! Best, Cathy

Christopher from UBS, Inc.

Plenty of features, some functions not as straight forward as I would like

I appreciate the Live feature and routes. It's not as good at predicting the route as other programs I have used in the past but it's not bad.

Pros

I appreciate how easy it is to import my locations and custom fields into the web app.

Cons

Making changes to a plan already dispatched and replotting a new route based on those modifications don't seem straight forward. Also, some functions require repeated actions when it would be nice to consolidate. Example, If you select 4 locations and try to edit them all, if you unselect them from the edit screen, you can't do anything else. You have to go back to the edit screen after unselecting them from the route and then put them on another driver.

Cost and features.

Cost and features.

Sobe from Simon Gyümölcs

Must have product for any startup who delivers product

Extremely satisfied with the price value of the product. This is a must-have for any serious startup that doest their own product delivery as well. You can manage costs more effectively and set up your own delivery team as well in your home city and area.

Pros

Easy to use and set up and very easy to use. The driver end is extremely easy to use. Instantaneous feedback on driver position and delivery status. Importing orders are easy. Scalability is great so you can manage cost as well effectively.

Cons

More support videos needed. Would be good to have more consistent product updates with new features. Similar street names sometimes put to wrong zip codes, and cities.

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute

Much more cost-effective and easy to use

Mike from Crash of Rhinos Painting LLC

Painting Contractor who saved $7,500 by using OptimoRoute

Long story short... We're a painting contracting company that paints 700 residential homes per year. To do that we bid on 2,000 projects per year in the Great Phoenix (Arizona) area. So, about 40 stops per week. Part of the issue is there are some time frame requirements for certain customers AND the Greater Phoenix area encompasses some 2500 square miles (6500 square kilometers). OptimoRoute has reduced scheduling workload by 125 hours per year ($3,125), miles driven by 3,000 per year ($1,500). This, along with the improved customer service and proposal turnaround time has given us an overall cost savings (or benefit) of $7,500 annually. When I call about a question or issue it is answered clearly and quickly (normally on the phone or within a few hours) or if it's a bigger request within one day.

Pros

Ease of use for both office staff and field personnel.

Cons

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied February 2021

Hi Mike, Thank you so so much for reviewing OptimoRoute. It makes us so happy to hear that our optimization software has been of great value to your company! That's what we're here for! We're especially glad that you managed to cut down on costs and time in your business processes. If there's any additional information you're in need of, feel free to drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com. In the meantime, keep an eye out for new features that we'll be rolling out soon by checking out our socials.

JEFF from Telgian Corp

OptimoRoute review - One year later

The folks at Optimo are passionate about their product and it shows in their ability to effectively respond to our specific business needs. Up until now, we've never been able to find an off the shelf product capable of managing our specific logistic requirements and Optimo has done an outstanding job in tailoring OptimoRoute to meet every one of these requirements.

Pros

OptimoRoute has proven to be a very versatile platform for our logistics department. The software accommodates all of our time, date and licensing constraints which was critical for our business needs. In addition to effectively managing our constraints, Optimo also manages the large volume of orders/routes we process every month. Another feature we have found to be beneficial is Optimo's ease of use. The UI is very well thought out and users can begin creating routes with very little need for tutorials.

Cons

Nothing specific comes to mind although some enhancements to the multi-user functionality are something we are looking forward to and are forth coming.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied March 2019

Awesome to hear, Jeff! User feedback helps us develop new and amazing features, and your feedback always helps tremendously.

Joe from Carter United Methodist Church

Everything we needed, big time saver

I run a charity "Christmas Tree Pickup" each January. 800 pickups on three Saturdays, maximum of 6 trucks. Previous method of routing involved home grown JavaScript utility to make the routes, imported into Delorme software to produce maps, directions, and then somewhat manual process to load custom points of interest into Garmins for the trucks. Optimoroute let us load the stops into their web based application, route automatically across our number of trucks, including a return to depot so that the trucks could unload per every 28 trees. Routes sent to smart phone per truck worked great. The application saved me many hours of semi-automated route creation, map printing, and pickup sheet printing. Having navigation and an order list on smart phone per truck was excellent, as was the ability to track progress of trucks. We did not use the tracking feature where we would email customers. We already had an automated "put your tree out" and "thank you" build in our reservation database via an Active X control and some VBA programming in Access. A way to configure a pickup sheet out of the fields in the software, rather than exporting Excel sheet and then pruning and formatting would be nice. I will write a Crystal Report to reformat the spreadsheet data instead to save time.

Pros

Pre sales support, including an extended 1:1 demo/training was excellent. Speedy and intuitive web application, combined with nice phone application for drivers that provides them with an order list and navigation to each stop. Ability to add stops to routes in process and resent to the trucks is very nice. Real time tracking of progress of all trucks also very helpful.

Cons

It would be helpful if all the fields in the import spreadsheet flowed in and then back out in the "all data" export. I had to use two of five custom fields to get the street and number imported as separate fields so I could then create an "all stops" spreadsheet sorted by street. Otherwise you just have street and number as one field (that is what Optimoroute needs for locating) and that does not sort. Also

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied March 2019

Hey Joe! We love stories like yours. Wonderful to hear we saved you so much time for a good cause! We are working on customizable exports. Something to look forward to next holiday season.

Philippe from Fenetres Magistral

Industry: Building Materials

It radically changed the way we plan our deliveries. Easier for everyone, fast to get information for all as to WHERE our tucks are.

Pros

Ease of use, very little training needed. One can be up and running in less then an hour. Nice to be able to track the trucks live and to see the history vs the planned schedule

Cons

Doesn't take into account the actual traffic. If you let the system plan your routes, the drivers will get mad. Can't link a document to the delivery lines so the drivers can't have the clients confirm the deliveries.

Ease of use and price

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2019

Hello Philippe, Thank you for leaving a review about the difference that OptimoRoute is making to your business, especially the live tracking capabilities. OptimoRoute does take into account road network information and this information is updated regularly. After surveying our users for accuracy of plans and routes, we found they are highly realistic in real-life conditions. Please contact us at support@optimoroute.com, as this might just be an issue of fine-tuning. Keep an eye out for even better delivery confirmation features - these improvements are in development and they'll be released soon.

Melanie from COCO Cafe

Makes Life Easier!!!

I love it...at the beginning of the pandemic, we had to pivot our operations to a delivery style food program. In the beginning, we were messing around with try to use Google and route our own journeys. There were so many reasons why this wasn't effective. I started looking for a better option- started with the free trial and was sold by the time it that ran out. Now we use it for all of our deliveries.

Pros

I loved that I could import the data for my deliveries directly from my website. It takes 2 steps- All you have to do is download the file from the website and then upload the file to OptimoRoute! The program then optimizes everything while allowing you to make customizations easily.

Cons

It has had a few glitches when I try to readjust routes that are in progress and drivers on the road lost their routes and had to work off of the manual sheet we print (from the program) which is handy to have for many reasons. That's only happened once... I don't' know why...most of the time it is very user-friendly.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

It was the first we tried and it worked exactly how I wanted it too. I do wish that you could have 1-3 drivers on the first plan then 3-5 and so on. One driver is all we really need except for once in a blue moon where we have many orders and then we would need 3 but it isn't worth it to pay the extra all the time- just a thought.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied November 2020

Thanks for your review. And congratulations on your successful pivot - we're glad OptimoRoute helped make it happen! Our customer support team is there to help whenever questions pop up, just drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com

Claire from Tomato Mountain Farm

Industry: Farming

We love OptimoRoute

Optimo's customer service is incredible, their software does almost everything we could ever need, in an intuitive way, and we'd be lost without them!

Pros

This software has enabled our business to be 2X more efficient! It's great that we can track and analyze the data over time, and has been an incredible tool for our drivers while on the road.

Cons

There's a couple things here and there that would make this thing easier to use, but the team at Optimo is constantly upgrading and even within the last 6 months, it has become a more suitable product for us!

Customer service.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2020

Hey Claire, guess what - new upgrades and features are on their way! We think you'll love them too. Stay tuned...

Jerry from Yocup Company

Industry: Wholesale

For those who needs it, it definitely works

The software works, although it is quite expensive for small business like us, we really hope that there are pricing plan for small business like us who has lower volume shipment but needs multiple drivers.

Pros

Able to automatically route multiple drivers, persistent software updates, when it comes to questions, the support team does get back to us fairly quickly.

Cons

There are some small glitches, for example, our "depot" was always printed out as "New York, NY", although these can be fixed by contacting the support team, it was a bit annoying. But regarding the "Route Balancing" function, it is a weird one as sometime it works, and sometime it doesn't.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied January 2019

Thanks Jerry, we value your comments! So glad we've helped your team be more efficient and you like our speedy support. Every day we're working to improve results and make usage more intuitive. Keep an eye out for further updates!

Thomas from Paddock 2 Porch

Business Changing Product!

Great!

Pros

- its accuracy (customers are raving that our drivers are turning up on the minute of their ETA) - the time saving it brings to the business - the best routes are far better than what I would be able to achieve with manual GPS input. - versatility (can send 1 driver to do 40 drops or split between 2 or more)

Cons

The only thing that could be improved for my business is to have another option when adding more deliveries to an already established delivery run. One that was "keep planned routes unchanged, add new orders to existing drivers"

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

Preferred the cost per driver model.

Jeff from EBDC

Saves time and stress!!

It has been a great time saver with determining where my drivers are delivering to. All said, it has made this section of our business more efficient.

Pros

It's great when you have multiple drivers and territories. It's easy to look at the details of each account, add notes, and move things around to your liking.

Cons

Sometimes the routes don't make sense and I end up having to manually fix the route.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

It was recommended to us by the company next to us. They use it as well and help when we have issues.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2019

Hi Jeff, We're glad to hear about the time that OptimoRoute has been saving your company, that's awesome! Thanks for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback. Our route optimization software builds the most efficient route based on the constraints set. This may look strange when displayed on a screen, but the resources used (mileage, time, number of drivers) are always optimal. Of course, there may be certain situations/side cases where dispatch or drivers know a certain constraint can be broken, so manual intervention allows for quick correction. Drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com telling us what you've had to fix, and we'll work on improving your experience.

David from Kent Falls Brewing Company

Optimo Route Usage

Customer support was prompt and very helpful, and now it's been very stable and useable. Waiting for some additional features and better transparency/tuning options for route creation, but overall very happy. Excellent value for the money - and the existing feature set is still as good as or better than most of the others we looked at.

Pros

Software provides powerful routing that does everything we need - full weekly planning with the ability to to manage multiple vehicles.

Cons

Learning curve is a little bit steep and there are a few counterintuitive user interface things that bit us before we got used to it.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

Optimoroute had a better feature set and could handle more complex routing options.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2019

Hi David, It's great that you've taken the time to let us know what using OptimoRoute has been like for you - thanks, we appreciate the feedback. Good to hear that our Weekly Planning feature is making life easier for you. We're always working on improving our user experience, and we're constantly adding features and enhancing existing ones. So, stay tuned! Best, Pete

Kam from National Mattress Outlet Plus +

Game Changer

Pros

Cons

Waiting on features like sms to client notification, and customer signatures.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

Price, demo, customer service, prompt response

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2019

Hello Kam, Thanks for leaving us this review - we appreciate the feedback. Glad to hear that OptimoRoute is a game-changing tool for your business. Just a little more waiting though, because we're working on SMS Realtime Order Tracking and signature capture - stay tuned!

Joseph from Amba CC

Optimoroute

Optimoroute performs the role of allocating 50-150 destinations for a driver in a day in a simple and easy way for the person allocating the route and then sending to the driver.

Pros

Program is direct and does not include unnecessary functions for our use. Able to calculate the route at a high speed.

Cons

Would love that when you send an email of the route to the driver it would attach a picture/graphic of the route that is to be driven. So they can refer back to the email just to see a snapshot of the following stops.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied January 2019

Thanks, Joseph! Have you checked out our mobile app? It works similarly to email (though direct to the drivers phone) and gives them a complete map overview. At any point during their route, they can refer to that map to see what direction they are going, which orders are done, and which are left.

Tarah from Hazel's Beverage World

Saved us 10 hours a day

Pros

Ability to import easily, or manually add. Locking feature for after routes are sent when you need to add new orders in is nice too.

Cons

No ability to have a "return to store" for driver's lunches. Currently you can schedule a lunch, but not at the depot, so we have to add in a "stop" for their lunches.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

Pricing, ability to use with our website.

Brianna from MAX BMW Motorcycles

Scheduling is a breeze

We are solving our communication with customers and the real time of arrival versus best guesses. We are also able to monitor our drivers more closely and know if they are deviating from our planned day. Additionally, we used to overbook and now we can avoid that by seeing how long the routes are and if what we need done is even possible within the time frame given.

Pros

We love that it puts all our pick up and deliveries in the correct order and gives us times. The BEST feature though is the real time tracking! I can call our customers and give them up to date times throughout the day if we hit traffic or or ahead of schedule. It has completely changed the way we communicate with our drivers and our customers. It also helps us form the dreaded "over-scheduling".

Cons

It is not able to differentiate between the fact that our truck has to be empty of our deliveries before we can pick up but that is I think unique to our business. If not, that would be a great software upgrade!

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

The fact that we could do a free trial for 60 days and the fact that it was comparatively less expensive (even though it is expensive to our bottom line) than any other product we saw that offered so much.

Jennifer from Intercoll

Industry: Security and Investigations

Trip Prep

It has made my job easier and faster which is great.

Pros

When we have a large number of files to distribute to our agents Optimo can create trips quickly. Being able to see the routes of the files on the map.

Cons

Sometimes the trips are not evenly distributed between agents and cannot see why Optimo has plotted them so unevenly. We print out the map of the routes so would like the option to change the colour for each agent as some colours do not print well and make it hard to see. As this is an American product it can be frustrating when an address is not recognised in particular the RD (rural delivery) addresses are not recognised.

Regan from Super Easy Storage

Basic Software

Good basic product et themselves down with support - could be amazing if done right

Pros

Price and the range of features matched my needs

Cons

user interface, a lot of things are not intuitive and could be done a lot better Biggest issue is I had a huge surprise bill with texting, tried to get help from support and only got one reply and then after that no one replied to messages, the bill was way more than it should have been and it never got resolved (due to no response). My business I growing massively and I am actively searching for alternatives all due to lack of support when needed

Price

ERICA from MedMinder

Wonderful Product and Easy to use!

Wonderful! Very easy to use and track drivers!

Pros

easy to use for drivers. easy to add stops last minute and reroute!

Cons

when marking as failed, should have a choice of reasons or somewhere to type as to why delivery failed.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

easy to use, gave almost all options we needed to complete the daily task!

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied October 2019

Hi Erica, We appreciate the feedback that you've left for OptimoRoute - thanks! Nice to see that you're finding our route optimization software easy to use and that you're getting the most out of its dynamic planning capabilities. Rest assured that the delivery feature you'd love to see is currently in development - stay tuned!

Bryan from Sign Boss Inc

Daily Routing Solution

Pros

I create multiple routes daily for different locations - no routine stops at all. Optimo Route allows me to import waypoints, populate routes and distribute those routes to my drivers quickly and accurately.

Cons

I wish there was a way to create a Custom Excel Export - where I can define which columns of information I need exported and maybe even customize the format so I don't have to format the file for my unique application. I'm not saying what's available should have anticipated our specific needs, only that I wish this feature was available.

Teresa from The Produce Squad

Review by The Produce Squad

Overall, love the app. Very professional and reliable. Our drivers have had no to very little experience with the app crashing or not working for them. Great app!

Pros

I love the tracking notifications sent to customers. Very professional! Also, I love how I can import addresses from our orders on Shopify and then see the locations all at once on the map. The app is great and easy to use for the drivers as well.

Cons

We are a small company and for the amount of deliveries we perform at this time (less than 75 per week using the app twice a week) its expensive. However, we can scale with this app so its in our best interest to keep it. Also, I wish there was a function to notify all scheduled deliveries at once via text and email. For example, we delivery produce the same day it is delivered to us from the main distributor. If the main distributor is very late, we'd like to send a mass communication to only scheduled orders for the day about the delay. I realize the real time tracking adjusts the schedule, but we'd like to send a personal message about what is occurring and why.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

I can't remember the name but I needed an app where I could physically draw a boundary around the orders every time. Our drivers have a somewhat consistent area they cover but it does change so I needed the flexibility to see the deliveries all at once and then draw boundaries.

Elaine from Tree Elves

Great features compared to other routing software, but I don't use full functionality

Pros

I really appreciate the ability to balance or not balance routes by volume or working time, as well as the ability to set a duration per stop. I also like the visual timeline representation per route and the ability to set a volume limit per truck. I do not use the gps tracking capability for drivers so I am not able to provide details about that functionality.

Cons

I do not like that you cannot customize the information needed when you export routes for printing in excel. I also have not found a way to add bulk information, such as Time Window, to all orders in a day. As far as I know, if you are importing information from a file (such as .csv) and that file does not have Time Window included, you have to go back and add that information per order. If OptimoRoute does have this option, it is not intuitive. Again, I have not used the gps functionality so I have no feedback for that aspect.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Elaine! We wanted you to know that bulk editing time windows is now available! Check it out and tell us what you think.

Glenn from Religious organisation

The best route planning software I have ever used!

I am able to quickly and efficiently route dozens of work locations for the day. I can specify a time window for individual stops if I want to. I can start and stop at the same location, different locations, whatever I need to do. I spend far less time route planning now than before I used Optimoroute.

Pros

Learning curve is very short. I simply import my list of stops for the day and the software does the rest.

Cons

So far the only problems I have encountered were of my own making.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied March 2019

This is great news Glenn! We hope less time working means more time playing!! :D

OSCAR from MOTOBOY EL SALVADOR, SA DE CV

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Better than Best

our experience has been excellent and we are sure that using it fully will make it even better.

Pros

Optimo, for us it has been the key in our growth of our operation and it keeps costs low, it is an easy program to adapt and above all it has helped us a lot in the last mile.

Cons

They are missing in the driver's application, the proof of delivery of the packages, as well as the photograph and that the client who receives signs.

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute

because it adapted more to our needs

Katie from Katie's Plates LLC

OptimoRoute has changed our business for the better!

Amazing

Pros

They are always willing to change up software when our business is in need of something.

Cons

For a while, we could not do straight line routes, but they fixed it!!

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied January 2019

Thanks Katie! We're all about bigger, better, faster, so it's great to hear we've helped you and your business with our improvements. Hooray!

Randy from Gallagher Pools and Spas

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

OptimoRoute Review

I thought I always did a decent job of keeping my routes in the same areas but didnt realize how much mileage I can save by having the software route the jobs.

Pros

Routing jobs makes us more efficient and saves us time and gas. The technical support has been the best especially during the initial setup.

Cons

We have a wide variety of jobs so it is hard to account for all the different jobs/times.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied January 2019

Great to hear OptimoRoute has helped with efficiency improvements! We'd love to hear more about your vision for different display of jobs/times. Listening to our customers is how we continue to develop a tool that is relevant to them. Feel free to email us at support@optimoroute.com

wittney from Ace Hardware

Industry: Warehousing

Optiimo

Pros

It allows us as a company to use it to delivery product around the metro area. It is easy to use and reliable

Cons

That I can not add stores without deleting all store and re adding them. I don't like that the store do not have access to track the truck or that we cant change the times without having to resend the route to the driver

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied March 2019

Hi Wittney. We're glad to hear that we have been such a reliable tool for your deliveries. Our new Customer notification feature now allows you to send an email to each store so they can track their deliveries, including real-time update ETA's. Contact us at support@optimoroute.com for help setting this up.

Donald from Performance Plus Carts

Excellent Software

OptimoRoute has significantly streamlined our pick up and delivery process. Making our drivers more efficient and productive. More than pays for itself

Pros

The flexibility and ease of use. Ability to adjust drivers schedules on the go, and update their iPads immediately.

Cons

Lack of integration, I wish it would directly integrate with third party apps within OptimoRoute App Store.

Response from OptimoRoute

Replied January 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Donald! We will be making integration easier in the coming months. What apps do you use? Please let us know at support@optimoroute.com so we can keep you in the loop.