• Pros

• "I love the ease of this product, very simple to use and navigate "

• "The system is very easy to use and the support is awesome. "

• "I love all the improvements they have made over the last 3 years. This program is so user friendly and fairly versatile."

• Cons

• "The interface between RazorSync and Quickbooks is pretty good, but could use some refining particularly with deposits."

• "Limited routing ability, but I'm told they working to improve it, don't like the weekly job calendar view, a few to many steps to schedule recurring services with pricing."

• "Have not found it to be ideal for our way of scheduling, but still working on it. "

Browse RazorSync Reviews

Lucinda

Simplified Service App

We are an Electrical contractor and have been in business over 38 years, mainly new construction. A few years ago we decided to push forward and open a new residential service department. We began to research scheduling programs with the ability to invoice and keep all information stored in one place. After researching many many applications the frustration began! We couldn't find anything simple enough and within budget to meet our needs. Not giving up on our goals yet, I finally came across Razor which was relatively new at that point. The Razorsync website was very informative but I was skeptical so I called. I'm so glad I did because they were able to answer all my questions and explained very thoroughly how Razorsync worked. I decided to take the free month trial and once I downloaded it I knew at that we had found our scheduling app that does it all!!!

Pros

Excellent Technical Support Instant scheduling and dispatch Easy estimating and invoicing both in office and service field You can access the schedule from anywhere! Endless reports You can attach documents to work orders, contract, photos, forms, pics etc Accepts credit card payments Service techs can create their own work orders when emergency calls come in after hours Constant updates to customers, example -en route, onsite, job complete Customers just LOVE this!! GPS tracking on service trucks Customer Portal allowing customers to access their accounts You can make suggestions how to better the app for your use, Razor listens and productively works as a team There is so much more don't I don't use and I cant comment on because we already had resources in place - for example Payroll - we do in house QuickBooks - We use other accounting package

Cons

Updates to the App can be a pain at times, but probably more so for me because the guys in the field call me for their technical support, usually they cant remember the login and panic . So truly not really a con for Razorsync! Guess I cant find a true con, great job Razorsync!!

Pavel from MS Home Pool Services, Inc.

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

What I would like have added or changed

I like it very much it suits our needs very well and I notice a steady improvement. So far the customer service has been great every time a call. I believe over the last 3-4 years we had a technical issue only once when Amazon servers were down or something. Will keep on using it and recommending it to my peers.

Pros

Custom service forms. I can create a standard form for pretty much any need. I like the automatic invoicing and Quickbooks integration, gps locator for field workers and time keeping is also great

Cons

I am not sure if it is a "con" but I wish after I import all invoices from Razorsync to Quickbooks, that the invoices already have the checkmarks for the allowed payment options, as now after I generate 50 invoices I need to open each one and checkmark the 2 payment options (bank transfer and CC). On the other hand that way I may catch a wrongly generated invoice. Another thing I don't like is when I set the recurring services/ work orders and I add a service item when I set up the recurring service (i.e. the cost of the service and a service form to be filled by our employee), the next time I set any service for this client it will include the same forma nd the same service item - so I need to go in and delete those --- is there a way to add service forms and items in a recurring service without having those aper in every later job for the same client?

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Yes, I did, but back then when we were looking for that type of software the cost was the main factor, you were very reasonably priced and still are. For a small company, the $10-dollar difference per user really adds up on an annual basis.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the great review Pavel! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thomas from U.S. Forced Air

Makes our business work...

Without a software like this, our company would be almost impossible to operate efficiently. Although it can be slow responding to touch at times especially when the techs are navigating between screens on ipads in the field, it does function well 90% of the time.

Pros

We like that we can really track each service call and pull up reports that will list each call and what status it is in, based on what we customized out status headings to be. Its great to be able to back track and un-invoice something if we want to reopen the work order, or service request. Also, the fact of adding multiple work orders to one service request for a job that may be ongoing or needing return trips is an excellent feature and essential part of our requirements.

Cons

It is really tricky navigating and opening past work orders and invoices to view history. Also confusing and somewhat limited in customizing customer entries and how it is set up for adding or deciphering sites versus billing, etc. Commercial customers can not be saved without adding a first and last name? this is strange and entries have to be modified in Quickbooks online after we export.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Thomas for your review. We are glad to hear its making your business operate more efficiently! Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Duane from Tompkins Appliance LLC

RazorSync is great for any sized business

Pros

I like the flexibility that comes with Razorsync. I can make adjustments on the fly

Cons

Inventory management portion leaves a lot to be desired

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Integration with Quickbooks and reporting options

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Duane for this review! I am glad this has allowed you more flexibility. Please reach out if you ever have any questions!

marc from Arctic Refrigeration

very good program, with a few minor changes can be great!

Time-efficient , least paperwork more profit!

Pros

price, support, offline capabilities, relatively easy to use.

Cons

QB integration, communication with customers(ex. mail to only one person at a time), miss some intuitive options, no statement or finance charging option

1.cost 2. looked simple but yet has expandable option 3. QB intergration

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Marc for this review! I'm so glad we've been able to assist!! Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Dillon from Screenmobile

Glitches and work arounds

Very Successful software that does a great job on the customer support of the product. Very well designed with many features.

Pros

The software allows me to track my business very closely. It allows you to go paperless.

Cons

A few glitches with estimates and work orders, and yes there were workarounds but it would be nice if there was a fix

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

It has a better reports program and had more features at the time.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the great review Dillon. We work very hard to deliver a powerful solution and one that is backstopped by world-class support. We look forward to serving you. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Gregory from Craig Security Inc.

RazorSync review

Greater control on the work order process and accounting process.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to create multiple work orders for the same customer.

Cons

I wish you were able to flip easier through the program to access various work orders. When you enter in a work order, I wish this would automatically open up and allow me to see instead of having to flip through the customer. The work order should open up to the proper work order.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

RazorSync was the best option for our company.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your feedback and review! If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Robert from A-Agents Inspections Termites Pests

Industry: Environmental Services

Great value

Already found 1 technician committing time-card fraud via the GPS tracking feature, great for customer complaint verifications w/GPS tracking/check-ins, and customer search field is excellent.

Pros

GPS tracking, timesheets, customer notification of service technician status (en route, on site, completed), best customer search function and address auto-fill there is.

Cons

lacking infinite customer scheduling, no way for mobile devices/techs to check their own hours.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Good QB integration, GPS tracking, time cards all included.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Robert for the review! I'm so glad we've been able to assist you! Please reach out if you ever have any questions.

Brett from Residential Services Inc

Overall Good Product, Some things lacking

We tried to switch to another software for the option mentioned above. But ended up coming back to Razor because everything else worked so horribly, but Razor worked really well in a lot of small areas.

Pros

We've tried a few different ones and for the price, we haven't found any better than RazorSync. The usability from different devices and flow of information seems to function very well.

Cons

The one thing we wish we had is the combination of this dispatch software with GPS tracking. We get a little bit of it in the technicians tab dropping cookies, but if I could dispatch in Razor, and then go to the GPS and have all the funcionality built there it would be powerful. Would really love to automate time sheets by setting up a geo fence. I can dispatch a job, see the vehicle leave, then once the vehicles leaves the geofence his time sheet starts, one back in the geo fence his time sheet stops.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Price for Service Titan, and usability for Reveal. It's a horrible product and so much doesn't work.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Brett for the review and the feedback. Please let us know if you have any questions or need anything!

Mat from Columbus Property Options, llc

Easy way to organize some chaos

Overall, our experience has been quite good.

Pros

RS offers a solution that follows each of our projects from start to finish - no need to jump around to a multitude of platforms.

Cons

The product is feature-rich and that sort of gets in the way of a smooth-running platform if you’re looking for on-the-go ease.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Mat for this review! I'm so glad we've been able to assist!! Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

steven from bug thug pest control

Industry: Chemicals

going downhill

It's been really good, but I want some new upgrades like I mentioned above

Pros

Easy to use, pretty straight forward. Cost is cheaper than most. Can use on your cell phone. Keeps track of things great

Cons

Your last update totally sucked, you can't just type in a customers name and their info pops up anymore, you need to GO ONLINE. Makes it difficult to check invoice history with people on the phone. Your system is good overall, but used to be better. The map used to be much easier to use and view. I want you to add to your system a reminder text message to my clients cell phone numbers without me having to know their particular cell phone carrier (people change those all the time) right now I pay protexting $100 a month for this I wish you had it all in 1. Also people don't want to have a full login to pay their bill. Right now I have a paypal button to handle my customers paying online. BUGTHUGLV.COM is my website check it out. People don't want another username and password to remember to pay a little $45 pest control bill. You should change it so people can just type in an address and pay, nobody is going to pay for an invoice that isn't their house so why all the security and confusion. Alright, I love you guys, but you could do some changes

easier to use , price

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review Steven and we appreciate your feedback! I will be sure to pass the information on to the team. In the meantime please reach out to us if we can help you with anything!

Michele from Cleanway

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Good price for our purposes

We are a service business. We can schedule and easily move jobs by dragging and dropping. We can see on a map the locations of the technicians. There are some things you can customize, like color coding and status changes (like "need to reschedule"). When we show payment in Razorsync, it also checks it as paid in Quickbooks. The technicians can edit the description of each job, and send invoice immediately. They can take photos and attach within the invoice or quote. The customer service is excellent. Very nice people.

Pros

The scheduling, mapping, location tracking, ability to edit status of job with visual cues like color changes, Quickbooks link, invoicing and estimates. I also like the user interface and visuals.

Cons

Unable to easily send an invoice or estimate to more than one email as a customer default. We can't easily tell when an email has been sent. We have to create some workarounds. For example, we service many apartments in many complexes per day and have to use the summary line to insert the apt. number. It would be too cumbersome to create an individual address with all the contact info for each apartment at the same complex. Updates or improvements have been slow to happen, but I understand the new ownership should help. I wish we could shrink or move some of the page layouts on the schedule page.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

It provided more solutions for a good price. Some others were less flexible and too bulky. Some had features that were less user-friendly or unnecessary for our business and too expensive.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback Michele! We are constantly working on updates and improvements to the software. I will pass your suggestions along to the team. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to call 877-675-4395 option 2 for support.

Bill from Andy OnCall of the Triad

Great in a crunch and ever since!

In late 2016, the NC Department of Revenue notified service businesses like ours that we would be required to collect Sales Tax on labor charges beginning January 1, 2017. We had less than 40 days to implement a entirely new billing system. Before this change, we didn't have to collect any sales taxes under NC laws. NC new rules required that we computed the tax based on a complex formula with tax components for the state, counties, and local transit jurisdictions where our customers lived. We learned that our customers living in the same city and zip code could easily fall into totally different tax districts. Our old software for our national franchise had no sales tax computation or reporting functionality. As we entered our "crash course" to select and implement something by the January 1st "D-Day" deadline, RazorSync became our choice. We were particularly impressed by their customer support and training commitment. When cutover time came, the worked with us every step of the way providing training, assistance getting our Quickbooks intergration online, and migrating our old customer data into the new system. As the inevitable glitches and questions occurred in the next few weeks, they were responsive to every concern we raised. While we rarely have issues today, their customer support is great whenever we call. We're very happy with RazorSync in the office and in the field. Our experience has been great.

Pros

Excellent customer support and integration with Quickbooks.

Cons

Uploading photos one at a time is too time consuming.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Customer Support for Transition and Training, Ability to incorporate our lengthy and detailed Terms and Condition text into their "standard" forms, support for Quickbooks and existing customer database integration, and competitive pricing for small businesses like ours.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thanks Bill! We love hearing about our excellent customer support! They are always here if you need them. We are so grateful to be able to help your business! Please reach out if there is anything else we can help you with.

Donald from Jack Frost Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc

RazorSync is an EXCELLENT Platform!

I moved from Successware21 (using it from 2004 to 2016) to Wintac (Using it from Jan 2016 to Jan 15, 2017) and I was looking for a good software that had an all in-one dispatch and financial. But after using Wintac for only one year - I had enough. I had demos done with 5 after looking at 15 companies and found out of the five companies RazorSync. The Platform is SOOO easy to navigate through my techs love using it in the field and the customers love getting the alerts, emails too. One of the biggest problems with Wintac was my customers getting their invoices by email. No problem with RazorSync! The set up was very easy also and learn time of the platform took weeks not months. One thing I need to express is in the field my techs still have full function of the software in the field when there is no signal with phone or tablet. I have not used QuickBooks since 2003 when I was using Successware21. I was was amazed how easy RazorSync worked with Quickbooks Online version. For someone using QuickBooks already it would be a no brainer to go with RazorSync. In my opinion should be at the top of the list and definitely 10 times easier to use than Wintac. One more thing about the QuickBooks since I have out of the loop with them for years - We are now doing using the full payroll services through them and cut my cost by $ a year after moving from PayChex for 20 years. Because of the great personal over at RazorSync and the software it has been a GREAT experience for us. We High Recommend this company and if you have a decision to make you must check them out, you will not be sorry.

Pros

The Software is very easy to use. I do not need a Server in my office and very mobile with tablet or phone. It integrates with QuickBooks easily and setup is a breeze. The mobile side is amazing with how fast to use in the field. No waiting for upload times. We will switch from phone to tablet when finishing the service call so we do not have to carry the tablet until the end. The phone app is excellent and easy to use. Able to take Credit Card transactions through the system and automatically updates real time. If you are already using QuickBooks it would be an very easy setup.

Cons

After using Successware 21 and Wintac - The cost of Successware 21 to high and the major issues we ran into for just an year with Wintac. I can not find cons with this company. They all have different ways of making their software and have glitches but it is how they handle the issues is what makes the company stand out.

Response from RazorSync

Replied February 2017

Thank you for the compliments Don. We look forward to serving you and the entire Jack Frost Heating & Air Conditioning team!

Johnny from Dembois Landscape

Razorsync For Landscape and Handyman Services

Overall razorsync is a game changer for any company that uses it. I have been a razorsync customer for over 5 years and plan on it staying that way.

Pros

These are all the reasons we use Razorsync Good for: CRM Scheduling tracking work history customers, especially customers with multiply properties invoicing with QB integration service reports w/ pictures saving pictures in a work order customers signature option Tracking payroll hrs. Tracking Field Tech

Cons

1. route optimization did work well for us, we had to always double check it and usually adjust it. we stopped using it because of this reason after about 90 days of using it when it first cam out. it may work better now. 2. Clocking in and out of work from a cellphone. isnt always as seemless as clocking in and out of work from a computer. Sometimes its doesnt clock people into or out of work and will get stuck syncing. clocking in and out of work from a computer in usually always seemless and never an issue 3. Searching for a property is hard too especially for a customer that has 50 or more properties. finding he customer is easy but there is not an search with the customer account to search for a specific property. When you search for a property in the customer search using a property address, the search results produce only the company name the property is associated with.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the review Johnny! We truly appreciate your loyalty and recommendation! Please don't hesitate to call support at 877-675-4395 option 2 if you need anything! They would be more than happy to help you with any difficulties you may be having.

Chelsea from Toshack Service & Maintenance Corp.

Great dispatching tool!

Overall I have been extremely impressed with RazorSync's customer service. Being able to chat with them online is super helpful when we have a quick question that we need an answer to right away.

Pros

I like the ability to track our technicians using the GPS software, as well as the visual appeal of the dispatch board. I like that the technicians are able to set up their own work orders on the road by using the app on their phone.

Cons

I do not like that we cannot have a "bill to" account set up separately. Instead, all sub-accounts must be created under the same account. This can become frustrating when we set up a customer and realize down the road that it must be billed to someone else. Instead of having a bill to option, we must then create this address, work order, and copy all relevant information over to that bill-to account before we can invoice the correct person.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the review Chelsea! We work hard to deliver world class support to our customers! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

MIchael from Tompkins Appliance

Great Software

Very good. They are fast to respond to issues and will walk you through any issue you are having over the phone.

Pros

The ease of use from any platform. I have varying age technicians so their preferred method of use is different. Younger techs love using the phone app and older techs like the ability to use the computer as well.

Cons

There is no Purchase Order system. So when parts are ordered there is additional steps needed to get them into inventory. Instead of placing the order through the software and once they come in clicking a button to put them into inventory we need to order and then put them in once they arrive. This adds a step that we sometimes forget to do. We are a small operation without a parts manager so if we get busy and don't get the parts entered our inventory gets screwed up.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

We spent 6 months looking and testing before we chose razorsync. I can't remember exactly what was the final selling point but we did compare about 6 other web based software and found this one to be the most user friendly with QB links and some sort of inventory management.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Michael for the review and the feedback! We're so happy to hear that you think RazorSync is great!! Thank you for making us the partner in your business. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!

Tina from Accu-Temp Air Conditioning & Heating

Perfect solution for our business

This is an all-in-one solution we utilize to keep our team on schedule; they have access to upcoming appointments to make sure they have what parts they may need; I can use the field tracking to let a customer know when they should arrive based on location; it helps coordinate payments in the field vs. billing I need to collect; I love the search option when a customer calls in (I can find them by the phone number on the caller ID before they even tell me who they are!); I could go on and on but I have to get back to work...

Pros

We have been using RazorSync since 2014 and could not be happier. As a small business, we wanted an integrated solution for scheduling, dispatching, and invoicing and RazorSync fit the bill. We loved that we didn't have to invest thousands in software, our technicians in the field can access their schedules and enter notes and billing at any time, and everyone can see the history for the property we are servicing. In the few occasions we have needed support the folks at RazorSync are always quick and attentive to resolving the issue. New features have been added since we first joined and we have been able to pick and choose what suits our needs as an add-on.

Cons

I suppose if I needed to make a few alterations to suit our company I would make an option to limit the geographical area since we do not do any online orders and simply visit an individual's home. Currently if you type in 100 Main Street it will list anything worldwide that comes close to that address.

Phil from Diamond Computer Incorporated

A great tool for managing a service business...

RazorSync has been a good choice for the money we spend on it. The issues we run into are rarely serious and we've found ways to work around the one-way sync for the most part. Overall we are pleased with RazorSync and will likely stay with it for the near future.

Pros

RazorSync does a good job at managing Service Orders, Work Orders and Invoicing for my business. The workflow is reasonably well thought out and implemented and the mobile app makes it easy to check in and out of jobs. The web interface is decent and being able to track technicians' locations through the Field Workers map is handy for determining ETA to jobs. We do invoicing and accounting through Quickbooks Online and the syncing from RazorSync makes billing simple. The Customer Service we've received from RazorSync has always been friendly and timely.

Cons

QuickBooks Online syncing is only one-way so invoices added in QB or modified doesn't carry changes through to RazorSync. We were told shortly after we signed up that updates were in the works to make it a true two-way sync but two and half years later that still hasn't been implemented. Updates to the product seem to have slowed in the last year and we've not seen too many new features added as of late.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Phil for the review! We are happy to hear that our customer service has been timely and friendly! Thank you for making us the partner in your business. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!

Nicholas from Comet Building Maintenance

Industry: Facilities Services

Very comprehensive, requires a lot of training

Overall, the software is very good but not quite great. This software has proven to be very difficult to train a whole company in that are not very technologically literate due to some of the shortcomings. However, the comprehensive features and data that the software is capable of is a huge help for companies looking to switch to a more modern and reliable means of managing accounts.

Pros

A lot of features, autonomous features, and customization, great customer support

Cons

The GPS/breadcrumb features are not reliable and we have had to troubleshoot countless times. It still does not work. It seems that the issue is firmware updates for different models of phones -- we can't keep having our techs reset the application. The software is NOT user friendly. Not being able to freely delete items or change info is something we wish was up to us. Ideally, we could add/remove things as needed in the various report sections. We wish that we could have more freedom over dictating what info would be accessible from the users. We have sensitive information that we have very inconvenient ways of hiding from our users that we only want admins to be able to see. This has forces us to use RS in a way which it isn't designed. Forcing us to change passwords every 4 months due to Quickbooks implementation is unfortunate and has caused confusion.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your feedback Nicholas. Please give us a call so we can help you with the issues you are having. 877-675-4395 option 2 for support.

Dave from TMG

Industry: Investment Management

Friendly?

The beniefets are that we can get our work orders on the go. Have coverage in most places and we have even started to track times for an incentive program.

Pros

Access is good. Has a lot of good qualities and able to get to those workers in a timely manner.

Cons

Punching in and out. It asks if you want to punch in but no option for out. Another thing is that when you transfer pictures over it rotates them to a desk top. Now you have to rotate it again. This goes on for your whole gallery. Bummed about that! Also along with uploading those pics it could take up to a little less than a week to be able for our administrator to see those pics. So now we cant trash those pics in gallery to we get the ok. And having 5-7 jobs a day those pics add up in a quickness.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your feedback Dave. Please reach out to us if we can help you with anything. 877-675-4395 option 2 for support.

Jennifer from Northwest maintenance services

Industry: Facilities Services

Makes daily dispatching easy breezy

Out of all of the software solutions we investigated while shopping, this one checked the most boxes. There are things it is missing, but overall it works for what we need it to.

Pros

Creating new work orders and dispatching technicians is extremely easy

Cons

There are a lot of features that the software is missing, little ease of use functions like filtering and sorting lists, that make it unnecessarily difficult on the back office side to use. If you revisit the same locations for different requests it can be easy to lose things that need to be invoiced if you're not careful, but if you never revisit the same customer it is excellent. Many of the reports we need as a business have to be created by hand outside the software by combining multiple reports, basic things like WIP are very difficult to identify & require 3 different reports put together in excel to get a full picture.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the review Jennifer and we appreciate your feedback! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Edwin from Mantario Lock and Key

Industry: Security and Investigations

Making you work flow easier

Overall the the software works great.

Pros

With the techs inputting hardware while they are onsite and using the on route and on site features in the software, it makes billing out the jobs so much easier. It also gives our invoices a more professional look rather than hand written invoices (and a lot easier to read.)

Cons

I have a couple of customers who have over a hundred ship to addresses, and at night when we get called out to a call you can not scroll alphabetically thru the addresses. I have had to manually move them one at a time to have them come up alphabetically. Then one update they change (for one customer) from A -Z to Z-A. It would be nice to either be able to drag and drop them alphabetically into place or hit a button that can sort them from A-Z

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

I did not purchase nor did I have any involvement in the purchasing of the software. I simply manage the staff that use it. I would say though, that if I was still with my previous employer and if I had bought the company like was planned. I would have completely switch over from using a 3 page carbon copied invoice to this product hands down.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Happy to hear the software is working great for you! We appreciate your feedback! If you need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Will from Home Diagnostic Solutions

Best Bang for Buck!

I run an energy auditing / inspection firm and I have tried dozens of other apps to help automate and track our workflow. We don't fit the standard mold of service companies since a majority of our business is new construction. We don't fit the mold of production companies since we are service based. RazorSync is the only "of the shelf" solution that we could customize to fit our workflow. I have greater control and vision throughout our company now that everything is being tracked and measured through RazorSync.

Pros

Customized statuses... Hands down our most important feature. We have several different types of inspections that have stages and steps that require both field users and office users to complete. Since we were able to customize the statuses to fit the stages of the project, I can see where everything is at a glance. I can color code the statuses by the responsible employee so that when glancing at the calendar, I know that I shouldn't see any bright yellow statuses that are over a week old... That tells me to go check on Kevin and see if he has a pulse. That type of tracking is INVALUABLE!!! I'm not waiting on reports or taking an employee's word that their tasks are completed. All the other features are great but you can find the same features elsewhere (and pay a lot more).

Cons

Most of my cons are specific to the odd nature of our work. We routinely have different inspectors team up for a day and separate the next day and there is no way of assigning more than one employee to a task/work order. This leads to creating place holder events to indicate that the employee should look to another employee's schedule. It works... it's just a bit clunky. UI- RazorSync does not appear nearly as polished as it's competitors. Because of the functionality, I feel that it's an acceptable trade off. The web browser view is the largest problem design wise. Again, we have as many users in the field as we do in the office so half of our company uses the web browser view. If you just run through the mobile app, you probably won't notice the awkwardness.

Katie from Air Renovations LLC

Industry: Utilities

Razorsync is for the most part user is very friendly and easy to dispatch the information

I really like how the dispatching is done and received by the technicians and that all the pictures are retrievable. Just like I suggested, I just wish there was an easier way to import the pictures from RazorSync because we have some very large accounts where we have to upload everything on a vendor portal. Sometimes I have to take the technicians phones and take the pics straight off their phones so I can complete what I need to do. I do like the way on the invoicing and quoting is completed because they come out in a PDF that looks very professional to our vendors and customers. The importing of information from Razorsync into QuickBooks is very easy to do and convenient so that I don't always have to do double the entry.

Pros

I like how the invoices come out and look and once everything is entered in, it can be easily imported into QuickBooks.

Cons

I would like to see an easier way to import the pictures after our technicians upload them because most of the vendors we work with have their own portals where we need to upload the pictures individually. I would also like to see an easier way to delete information that is not needed or is a mistake because if something is invoiced or quoted incorrectly you have to go in a round-a-bout to delete it. I would also like to be able to easily delete or edit a service item even if it is attached to another invoice or quote. On the dashboard, I would like to see more reporting with the invoicing, received payments and how much was invoiced out per day/month (even though I can see it in QuickBooks) it would be easier to have a quicker reference

Karen from Draintech Inc

Service Requests Don't Get Forgotten

My overall experience with RazorSync is great. We are not invoicing thru RazorSync yet - hoping that it will be an easy transition so I can't comment on that feature.

Pros

We perform maintenance jobs for some of our customers; services that are to be performed monthly, every 3 months, every 4 months, annually, and every 3 years and so on. This program allows us to schedule these jobs and the confidence that these requests will not fall off the radar. Our techs can see what jobs are open in real-time; we are certainly more efficient since using this software.

Cons

Having a simple extension number for a contact person would be helpful. Having the ability to move a service request from one customer to another would be great; currently you have to delete it and create a new request under the other customer. Having the ability to merge two customer accounts would be great as well.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Ease of use, cost and overall features - features that we use.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the review and feedback Karen! I am glad to hear that your overall experience has been great! If there is anything we can help you with please reach out to us!

SARAH from Holm Electric Inc

Needs some tweaks

Pros

It's intuitive & easy to use, and I like that it allows for as much detail and info as possible to be added to a work order. And in service, the more info the better!

Cons

when using on a desktop, the program lags when typing due to the autofill functionality. our database is quite large, which I believe may cause the lag. there are a few glitches that cause work orders to either duplicate or not populate at all. for example, from the schedule tab, if you search for a service request and drop & drag it onto the schedule to create a work order. when viewing the details of the work order, you must re-select the work order or you could potentially be editing the wrong work order. with a high volume operation, this can cause errors and confusion. also, it would be nice to have a way to view a work order report and, if possible, a quick view of the schedule from the customer screen, and vice versa. There's a lot of clicking back and forth between tabs that eats up a lot of valuable time.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review Sarah. We're sorry to hear you've been having issues . Can you contact our support at 877-675-4395 or send an email to support@razorsync.com to see if there's an issue we can help to resolve?

Noelle from Ohio Draft Guard

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

RazorSync Review

It is a great tool for Service industry invoicing and billing.

Pros

The ability to work offline. Good customer support.

Cons

Not customizable. Sometimes our requests for improvement are delayed.

Best overall product.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Noelle for your review!! We work very hard to deliver a powerful solution and one that is backstopped by world-class support. Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Short Learning Curve

If your looking for a field service app then look no further. And trust me we tried them all. Quockbooks, GoServicePro, Jobber, mHelpdesk, ServiceM8, should I go on. First of all if you need a mobile app that works on Android then these guys have you covered. Most if not all the apps I mentioned above only support Iphone. All of our techs have android phones. The learning curve is almost non existent. Give yourself 45 minutes and your already a pro. Everything is synced right to the techs phone. You control what they see and do. So also tracks them with bread crumbs do you know where their at. When they change the status of a work order to "In-Transit" the app send an email or text or both to the client. This frees up the technician time having to call the next stop. I could go on and on with all the great things this does. Been a customer for almost two years and wouldn't think about switching.

Pros

Tech GPS tracking, no learning curve, great support (always answers the phone and fast email replies), integrated credit card processing, schedule by calendar view which is great, customizable, they host on a very fast server so there's no lag switching screens or loading multiple modules, customer portal, integrates with all popular accounting software if your already using something different. (There's accounting module works great).

Cons

Wish they had come up higher in the search when I Googled "field service tech software". I would haven't off had to go through all the other apps before finding them. They are always upgrading and improving the mobile apps (for both Iphone and Android). I wish they would send out a email to let us know so we can let our techs know to update their phones. Not a huge issue but that's the best I could come up with for the "Cons" section.

Tera from Redmonds Complete Comfort

Great product for cost

Ability to use IPADs in the field and customer profiles. We really like the ability to keep all the customers info in one database but still can have the ability to export everything to quickbooks. Customizable forms are a great benefit as well. It has helped us streamline the paperwork side of our company and everyone can see the information when when needed.

Pros

Ability to create own form and customize in many ways. Customer service is great as well. Also the integration with quickbooks is a huge plus as well. We lite that we can customize almost any form. We are easily able to communicate with techs in the field. The customer reports are a great feature to send to customers to show them what we have done when additional details are needed. Overall we are happy with the product.

Cons

Reporting could be improved and navigation throughly the system could be a little more user friendly. Would like to see more Key Performance Indicators for tech and ability to integrate with marketing. I think it is probably a stepping stone platform but great for a smaller company.

Shawn from Tri State Materials Testing Lab

Mobile Scheduling Services

Pros

RazorSync helped improve the time spent on scheduling my technicians for their daily work. From a management perspective, the dashboard is a great visual to see where my team is scheduled to perform work. Updating and changing schedules on the fly has been a great feature. Improved productivity for my office and field staff.

Cons

My technicians can easily turn off location tracking in the app.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Simplicity of scheduling. The user interface on a mobile device was simple to use for my techs. Pricing was more favorable than other companies.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

So glad RazorSync was able to save you time!! Thank you for making us a partner in your business. Please connect with us if something ever comes up!

Ricky from MADDEN SEWER

Great Software, Easy to Use

Pros

It's easy to use and change the schedule. Also lets the technicians update their jobs as the day goes on. Easy to quickly see a rundown of all the days work orders.

Cons

Sometimes there are server issues that don't allow you to access your schedule. Also the autocorrect is tough to have when a lot of the words you put in are names and street names that constantly get changed.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Pricing and easy to use.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Ricky for your review and feedback!! Love hearing its easy to use! If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Ashley from RadioTech Inc.

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great tool for our Business

I was the person in our company who researched and picked out rasorsync from a slew of other similar platforms. I chose razorsync because it was superior. The price is fair and the features are useful. The ease of use and ability to track and monitor our technicians​ ' progress is amazing. We love razorsync.

Pros

I like that this software allows us to manage our appointments and technicians in a way that is user-friendly​ and comprehensive at the same time.

Cons

There are a few features that I wish we could utilize more and that razorsync had but overall it is a very good software platform.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Ashley for the great review! Glad to hear You love it. We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Denise from The Management Group, Inc

Far and beyond our previous solution

We have had a great experience. Support is responsive and helpful. They have helped us with the development of customizations and have come up with unique ideas to work with our business model.

Pros

Intuitive and user friendly. It is also integrated with Quickbooks for financial statement generation

Cons

Invoice printing, we would prefer batch printing. Work order templates, currently you only have an option to create a template at the service request level.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you very much for that great review Denise! We truly appreciate the opportunity to serve you. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us!

Christina from Tom Sullivan Plumbing Limited

Razorsync Pros & Cons

Pros

Razorsync allows you to store your Customer's info and add multiple addresses and phone numbers so your employees know exactly which location to go to and the office staff know where to bill the job to. It is also great to be able to look back and see who has been completed and invoiced and jobs that are still incomplete or waiting for parts. We now use it for inventory management which works great as long as your employees enter the parts correctly.

Cons

The one thing we did not like about this program is that it would email a customer their work order which was sometimes not complete, even though that feature was turned off in Razor and no one asked it to email it out. So, due to that, we cannot put the customer's email address in the system in case it sends out stuff we don't want them to see.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback Christina! We truly appreciate the opportunity to serve you. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Jack from Sunfarm Solar LLC

Razor sync imrovments

very good. site could be a little more eye popping. buttons more bubbly. needs to be easier to get around. not all buttons are obvious to find.

Pros

Lots of features. There is an app which is helpfull.

Cons

Want to add multiple people to one job so i dont have to create multiple work orders. There also needs to be an easier way to view all work orders for one site. Also should be another selection for status of work order such as "incomlete-return needed" or "incomplete-end of day". Could also make it so that work orders dont need to be in consecutive days. I would like to be able to have something scheduled on Monday and be able to come back on Wednesday and still be able to access my notes from that monday because i am still working on the same thing. It would be helpful to organize jobs that were cancelled or restructured or a return site visit needs to be done to be put in a place so i know what waasnt completed that week and what is needed to get back to. Tab on calender for sick days or vacation days. Let us export to excel document or word document.

Recommended by a partner

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Jack for the review and the feedback! Our Gen 7, which is slated to come out sometime next year will have some new features which will make finding the buttons much easier along with other enhancements! If you ever need anything please feel free to reach out to us.

Tim from Pro-Tech Biomedical Services llc

Industry: Medical Devices

Vital to our day to day operations

good

Pros

Ease of use, ability to give feedback that will be implemented if possible, and customer interactions.

Cons

Maps when entering new customers that doesn't default to my state. I live in Georgia and it give me address suggestions from Washington state before my own. Also, sometimes dose not upload photos and they may contain serial numbers that are lost.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Best functionality for our business.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the great review!!! Please let us know if there's anything that we can help you with!

Scott from Howard Heating And Air Inc

Very good product

We moved to RazorSync from an older dispatch only software and QB desktop. Being able to invoice and receive payments in the field has changed our business processes completely. We no longer have a person in the office just typing and mailing invoices all day. While I haven’t completely on boarded our inventory yet we are excited about implementing that as well. Our biggest concern in the beginning was being cloud based what would happen if there was an outage but that has been very minimal and quickly repaired on the one or two times it has happened. Overall we are still very happy we made the switch

Pros

Fairly easy to get started but we did not import our existing records. The price is competitive Works with QB online Friendly customer service

Cons

Sometimes we have issues syncing to QB online but that could be QB Some reports are confusing, for example, printing a customer list of only a certain type is customer has been difficult for us

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Not as complicated to operate and the pricing options fit better into our budget

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

We are happy to hear you switched to RazorSync and how its changed your business! .If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

April from Omega Medical Mechtronics

NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

I AM PRETTY HAPPY WITH MY EXPERIENCE WITH RAZORSYNC, HOWEVER I HAVE CALLED A COUPLE TIMES (ONCE 2 YEARS AGO AND AGAIN LAST YEAR )REGARDING THE ABOVE ISSUE AND HAVE BEEN TOLD YOU GUYS WERE WORKING ON THAT ISSUE AND IT IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE.

Pros

REALLY EASY TO LEARN AND USE. I AM THE OFFICE MANAGER HERE AND ALSO DO TRAINING AND IT IS VERY EASY TO TRAIN.

Cons

WHEN NEEDING TO SEND AN EMAIL TO A CUSTOMER IT ONLY AUTO PULLS ONE EMAIL . YOU CAN ADD OTHER EMAIL ADDRESS BUT IF YOU DON'T THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE TO CLOSE OUT YOUR EMAIL GO INTO THE CUSTOMER ACCOUNT COPY THE ADDITIONAL EMAIL ( ONE AT A TIME ) AND THEN GO BACK TO THE WORK ORDER YOU ARE WANTING TO SEND AND ADD THE EXTRA EMAIL. SOME OF OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE MULTIPLE PEOPLE THAT WANT A COPY OF THE WORK ORDER AND WE ARE NOT ABLE TO DO THAT EASILY.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review April. Glad to hear your happy with your experience with RazorSync! I appreciate the feedback and will pass it along to the team. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions.

Amber from Aesthetic Properties LLC

Awesome Product....best accounting function of similiar products

Razorsync has been an exceptional tool to add to our business. Easy to use and our techs love the map function. Having mobile capability is mostly used for our business and has been a God send for the field.

Pros

I really love the accounting function and how invoices can sync to Quickbooks.

Cons

Would be great if the system would send email/text reminders of appointments to customers the day of the appointment. This would definitely lower call volume. Also, do not like that I have to create a customer then a service request/work order item to see where a customer can be scheduled for routing. Wish that there was a function where I can put in an address and the system could tell me what day where I would be within 1-5 miles of the address for routing purposes.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Price, Ease of use, accounting capability, mobile access, and service support.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

I am glad to hear you think RazorSync is awesome! Thank you Amber for the great review! If you ever need anything don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Kristen from Dream Ride Elevator

Industry: Machinery

Easy, user friendly and intuitive

The support staff was great in helping us customize the product for our use. The elevator trade is a bit specific and unlike other trades. All of the agents were extremely patient and always found a way to solve our dilemma. They have patience of saints!

Pros

It's has an app that is easily used by our field mechanics and is very user friendly. We moved from an elevator specific software program that was not app based.

Cons

The only thing we'd like to see is a search field under the schedule page so we would not have to spend time scrolling through 190+ customers. The other option would be to list the customers on the schedule page alphabetically. Either option would make our review 5 stars instead of 4 as this is a crucial way of searching for customers.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

It was user friendly, very easy to set up customers, mechanics in the field can take calls from one another with just a few clicks and customer service is very helpful and solved our issues every time we needed to call in the beginning. Great staff.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Kristen for the wonderful review and making us the partner in your business! We work very hard to deliver a powerful solution and one that is backstopped by world-class support. We look forward to serving you. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Parri from LA1CONNECT

We have been using RazorSync for a few years now and this program has helped with our workflow.

We are able to keep track of employees and jobs. This software helps to run our business in a more organized manner.

Pros

Our scheduled jobs are easily accessible wherever we are. It is easy for our employees to use. Our employees are able to use this software as a time clock. As a business owner we are able to pull up the jobs each employee takes part in on a daily basis. We are able to see billable time versus down time. We are able to store notes for the customer that helps keep a log of the type of equipment they have. RazorSync is affordable for small businesses. We use all of these things to set us apart from other small businesses. We try to think BIG! That is why we use RazorSync.

Cons

Our company does not have a time frame or a day for most jobs. They are not all scheduled. We have to manually move jobs over to the next day if they are not completed or unassigned.

Mike from Blue Dolphin Car Wash Technology LLC

Industry: Industrial Automation

Razor Review

We continue, on a daily basis, finding capabilities of RazorSync that improve our companies efficiencies. We look forward to utilizing it solely for all of our service and sales team invoicing shortly. It is an excellent business tool.

Pros

That our group of techs can see everything that is currently going on or needing to go on within our organization

Cons

I'm very surprised that we are unable to scan in/out parts into inventory?

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

We had been using RazorSync all along for service schedule and logistics but were trying FSM when we decided we wanted to go paperless with inventory and invoices and then realized we were comparing everything against RazorSync for everything else and RazorSync was night and day better. We really like it but certainly look forward to the updates....

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Mike for making us the partner in your business. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!

Mary from Bowers Plumbing LLC

easy to use

It is a good app, easy to navigate overall.

Pros

Our plumbing company uses Razorsync daily and it is very easy for our techs to navigate through. Our office staff would like to see more features to track budgets, sales, and year to date. Our office staff feels that there should be an easier way to achieve searching for customers that have had a particular service done, so we can check back on them. Over all the app is a success with our company, there are just a few little things we would like to utilize from the app. Charts and pie graphs would be an awesome addition to our daily office use.

Cons

It is really difficult to track residential and commercial hours per user. We would like to see more specific reports, other than the few we have to choose from.

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

It made the most sense for our company

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Mary for your review and the feedback regarding tracking hours. I am glad to hear you are finding RazorSync easy to navigate. Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!

Cheryl from Critter Ridder

Industry: Environmental Services

Great customer database/scheduling software

It really helps us stay connected and our business functions better as a result of using the software.

Pros

It is easy to use and has a nice mapping feature for customer appointments. We are now also using it for our time clock reporting, which is working out well. The customer service response time and assistance for anything we need is pretty prompt though and they are all helpful.

Cons

We have to make individual work orders for each technician, rather than being able to select 2-3 technicians for the same job. The software does have some odd glitches and will do things like not finding a customer that is known to already be in the database, show attachments as attached to the wrong customer (which is fixed by refreshing or clicking to another customer and then back to the original customer), the advanced reporting features do not produce reports that are easily downloadable, printable or edited.

Marisa from Ability Plumbing

Good Product

Great love the customers service help when needed and love the easiness of getting my workers to there jobs and them getting the jobs done and billed in a timely manner and love the price.

Pros

I like that I can track employees and schedule and that they can all see there jobs without even coming into office and I can add and subtract jobs without them coming in. I like that I can work from anywhere.

Cons

I don't like that its complicated for my guys to look at original work orders and pictures that are attached and that I cant send a copy of the original work orders with a receipt for some companies they require that now I have to download receipts then send the original signed and added to work order via email and not send through razorsync. it would be nice to be able to attach my work orders that I edit and change along with my bills through razorsync.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your feedback Marisa. Give us a call at 877-65-4395 and then option 2 for support when you have a moment. Our team would be happy to help you with the issues you are having with the app. We look forward to hearing from you!

skyra from 360it/ Preeminent Technology

Perfect for the money

Would definitley chhose Razor Sync again, we enjoy this product.

Pros

I love the ease of this product, very simple to use and navigate

Cons

Sometimes when my techs are out in the field and enter their notes and time, it either deletes or takes about 20 minutes-1 hr to update

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Price wise and ease of the system

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you Skyra for making us the partner in your business. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!

Robert from Commercial Battery Service

Industry: Facilities Services

Solid product, good value, sometimes quirky

Fewer errors when invoicing. Get paid faster. Less hectic at end of the month making sure all our customers have been invoiced. Customer's like rec'g professional invoice as opposed to hand-written.

Pros

Works offline; Has built in back office abilities if you aren't on Quickbooks; Lots of features, but sometimes requires you find hidden menu's to adjust or turn-on; Works on any electronic device that has internet connection... Phone, tablet, desktop; Highly recommend Android tablet vs. I-pad; We can make adds/changes to service ticket real-time so less return trips with corrected invoice because scope of work changed after we hand-wrote an invoice;

Cons

Some of functions are not as intuitive as they should be. Some steps/processes are significantly different on tablets vs. desktop and Ipad vs. Android; Repetitive key strokes to do common sense functions that have been in place since Windows 3.1.

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the great review Robert! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Chris from Do it Right Plumbing

We love Razor Sync for our company

Overall it is working very well for us and we will continue to use it

Pros

We run a plumbing company and Razor Sync has allowed us to update our technicians in the field to add or revise service calls during the day. The color coding helps us in the office to see where they are in the schedule. Sending an automatic text message when our guys are on the way is a great feature

Cons

The big draw back is the many steps needed to close an invoice and the confusion that occurs when I close something in Quickbooks and interfacing back to Razor. We use the Service address function quite a bit and there is no place for a phone number, adding that line would be greatly appreciated, we currently add it to the work description box

Response from RazorSync

Replied November 2019

I'm happy to hear you love RazorSync Chris! Thank you for the great review!! . If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Robert from Air Authority LLC.

Razorsync is Awesome. Enough Said

I have been using this program since 2013 and it is the best one I have found out there. And trust me I looked at a lot of them before finally deciding to stick with Razorsync. It is an intricate part of my daily operation. The ability to create customers, work orders, and multiple separate service request back to back on a customer is nice. I use it to track technician time sheets, daily route location, job to job GPS tracking, and I love the fact that you can add pictures of the before and after work of the jobs to each invoice and it makes a PDF that goes directly to the customer while we are still onsite shows the customers we are a professional company and will aways be ready to serve them whenever they need us. It puts us a step ahead of the rest in the HVAC field. Customer service is easy to talk to and very quick to respond. In short, this program is Awesome.

Pros

Mobile app, GPS tracking, Time sheet tracking, Invoice Tracking, Inventory Tracking Great customer service.

Cons

No PO system yet.