ServiceCore Software Reviews

ServiceCore Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"The ease of prorated billing is a nice feature."
  • icon"Great turn to turn directions. Love the iPad features for drivers."
  • icon"Service Core is actually a great tool. We actually went from a paper system to service core."
  • icon"The mobile app is useless. The signature function doesn't show up on the final invoice that is sent to customers."
  • icon"Um, I find it hard to change out the dumpster numbers (if I have rented one and the wrong unit was moved)."
  • icon"Missing many accounting features that one needs to run with full functionality. Invoice does not open in the amount of a refund."

All ServiceCore Reviews

Must-Have Software

I LOVE ServiceCore. I was previously using a calendar, map, notebook, and dry-erase board and still wasn't doing as much as ServiceCore. No more 'missing" inventory, it's easy to see where everything is, who is due for an update/billing, and keeps my drivers efficient. 10/10 would recommend that you at least give it a try. You won't go back.

Pros

Any business in which inventory is rented out NEEDS this software. It is user-friendly, keeps not only my employees but me on track, and just makes everything SO simple. Scheduling, accounting, inventory, and customer history are all available quickly and efficiently. Pricing is GREAT, service is GREAT, and I will definitely be a long-time customer.

Cons

Integration is easy, however I was not the biggest fan of the payment system. This will not be a con to most users. One system to take payments, send invoices and let customers make their own payments is phenomenal. I personally preferred the system I have been using for years, *even though* it is LESS efficient that what ServiceCore offers.

Reasons for choosing ServiceCore

We chose ServiceCore because they cared. The pricing structure was great, a free trial with full support was amazing. There is no shortage of information, they are willing to take things step-by-step with you to get you on the right track for your particular business. They even take suggestions and actually implement them into the software. Every company you find will do a demo with you, throw the sales pitch at you, but they fell flat. At ServiceCore, you're not just another sale. I'm in it as a "small" company for now, but even when we expand, we're not going anywhere.

Response from ServiceCore

Hey Sarah, This review made our day! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, give such valuable insights into how we can help, and being so quotable. We think you really encapsulated a lot of what we're most proud of at this company and are extremely grateful for that. We greatly look forward to our continued partnership! Thanks, ServiceCore

Ty

Good portable restroom software.

Very quick to respond with questions & very Helpful staff

Pros

Cloud-based, good mobile app for drivers, easy routing, allows online Click to pay.

Cons

You can't see the emails that you send... You cannot convert an estimate into an order... You cannot tell if an email goes through or not...

Reasons for choosing ServiceCore

The pricing was good and had cloud-based software we were looking for.

Reasons for switching to ServiceCore

Not cloud-based, did not allow Click to pay link, was not good at the routing side.

Gabrielle

ServiceCore

I feel like they have listened to many of our concerns and have tried to work with us to get them done. Sometimes feel like they don't understand our need for certain features. Overall a good experience, just lacking key features that seem to already be standard in the industry and other softwares...

Pros

I love how easy and user friendly it is to use. You can literally dive in without any instruction. I also love the emailing of appointments, invoices, work completion, etc. Very nice feature for our customers to use. The look of the program from the office view and ipad view is really simple, neat, and easy to process quickly. I also love the sliding job around on the calendar feature. Makes rescheduling a breeze! Renal side Pros -Great inventory management -Great turn to turn directions -Love the iPad features for drivers

Cons

-Missing many accounting features that one needs to run with full functionality -Invoice does not open in the amount of a refund -Receipts do not show correct info: ~If a credit was applied ~If there was an overpayment -Statements do not show current overpayment or credit amounts -There is no AR Activity report to send to a customer to show all payment and invoices and where they were applied to -There is nothing I can send to the customer to show an overpayment balance on account We haven't switched our portables into SC for following reasons -Accounting is extremely lacking and basic reports aren't available -No rental minimums available -Proration not clear and concise (on our end and for invoicing purposes) -Dispatch not up to par yet

Reasons for choosing ServiceCore

Because they purchased TAC, we thought there would be previous knowledge of the industry or at least could go off of TAC's history to see what was needed for our industry...

Reasons for switching to ServiceCore

Trusted TAC for many years and had mostly all the functionality we needed, just extremely outdated. We thought ServiceCore had mostly the same functionality as TAC.. it doesn't. We didn't realize this until after we made the switch. We were willing to work with SC to gain the functionality we needed.. just taking a long time to get there...

Response from ServiceCore

Hi Gabrielle, Thanks for leaving us such a useful review! We're happy to see that the program is easy to use and the team is seeing value in a variety of our features. Switching from TAC absolutely presents challenges. TAC (while dated, like you mentioned) does have a massive feature suite, particularly when it comes to reporting. We truly appreciate your patience and feedback as we work every day to make ServiceCore the best product on the market. Best, ServiceCore

Maria

Excellent Software

ServiceCore is a great tool and in general we're very happy about it. I have to say that Customer Service has been a key. The support we got at the beginning with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the support we get from the Support Desk and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been great.

Pros

I like to be able to see the schedule on real time, and manage it, drag and drop customers from one driver to another. I really like to be able to track services performed in the past and provide information to customers. We're uploading pictures every time services are performed, so having those pictures in the system is very useful.

Cons

I keep getting some errors when synchronizing with Quickbooks, such as duplicated invoices, and that is a great concern. Sometimes the location (pin) of the units move and we need to relocate it, which creates additional work. Also, we would like to be able to have the customers' complete information and as of today we're not able to add phone numbers, so our drivers have to go to Drivers Notes to see the phone numbers.

Reasons for choosing ServiceCore

I liked the integration with Quickbooks, one of the alternatives didn't offer that, and the other was more Quickbook based and the routing part wasn't as good.

Reasons for switching to ServiceCore

TAC was old and wasn't friendly

Colleen

Easy to Use

Not bad. It gets the job done for what our company needs.

Pros

The system is easy to use. Even if you have never used it the support it offers will walk you thru.

Cons

I wish that you could customize reports. Simple reports such as top customers would be great. Specifically how many hauls a site did.

Reasons for switching to ServiceCore

I believe it was the ease of the system.

Response from ServiceCore

Hey Colleen, Thanks so much for taking the time to not just leave a review, but provide valuable product feedback as well. We're very happy to hear ServiceCore is easy to use and support has been helpful. We'll share your feedback and idea with the product team. Thanks again, ServiceCore

Replied March 2022

Emily

ServiceCore Revieq

I do like the customer service, they are normally quick to respond but it is not always helpful to what you are looking for.

Pros

Is it pretty easy to use as far as entering in orders. Switching over from our old system (TAC) was not easy as everything had to be input by hand.

Cons

It is very difficult to use on the accounting side, it is not accounting friendly at all. There are a lot of reports that we would like to see that have not been implemented. The search feature is also not friendly to use either. On TAC, it would show you anything related to what you typed in.... not on SC.... it has to be VERY specific - this is frustrating when trying to find an existing customer.

Reasons for switching to ServiceCore

TAC went out of business - we had no choice or else we would most likely be using it still.

Terra

Industry: Facilities Services

Overall

Overall the customer service has improved and they are tentative to your needs but, the outcome of the issues seem to be less attentive and sometimes unresolvable without purchasing other products that we are unable to use. Overall as a company we are satisfied with the program.

Pros

The routing of the program is definitely beneficial to our company and it is relativity easy to use which makes our day to day operations better with communication from the office to the team in the field.

Cons

The accounting/reporting is definitely the most challenging options to this software. Our company uses a current accounting software for multiple companies and it seems the only option for us would be to use QuickBooks which is not feasible, so we are left with using what we can from ServiceCore.

Reasons for switching to ServiceCore

Looking for a user friendly program for operations.

Denise

Industry: Environmental Services

Service Core, the good and bad

It is better than doing all the work manually but thats about it.

Pros

mobile use for route drivers to be able to check off as they finish a job

Cons

reporting is terrible. need to be able to print reports for inactivity, productivity, disposal, customer lists by size

Reasons for switching to ServiceCore

I retired from the company that had Trux Haul-it and then came here to help out.

Response from ServiceCore

Hi Denise, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your valuable feedback. We're happy to hear that our mobile app works well for your business. We're so sorry to hear our reporting isn't currently serving your needs. Our team will be reaching out to you next week to schedule a meeting with our Head Of Customer Success.

Replied August 2021

Melanie

Service Core

I have tried 2 other programs and by far Service Core has been the easiest to use and teach my office manager to use. I like the layout and functions

Pros

It is an all in one program. You don't have to have separate programs for each part of the job. It is very user friendly

Cons

On building territories, we only have 2 drivers, and it will not allow you to have multiple territories per driver. But we have it figured in the routes.

Reasons for switching to ServiceCore

It was to confusing even after a year could not understand it. Yes did training

Response from ServiceCore

Hi Melanie, Thank you for leaving us a review! We're happy to hear that our all-in-one software is easy to use and you like the functions! Thank you, ServiceCore

Replied January 2022

Jessika

February 2022

ServiceCore for Scheduling Dumpster Rentals/Pickups

Pros

ServiceCore is very user-friendly and organized. When I first started with my company, I had no trouble at all learning how to use the software. The search feature offers many different searchable categories, allowing me to quickly find the customer or account I'm looking for. This is crucial when I am taking so many phone calls back-to-back. Creating a new customer account is self-explanatory and thorough. Making invoices and recording payments is a quick process as well.

Cons

So far, I do not have any complaints about ServiceCore. Really the only thing I could think of that would be helpful for us specifically at my company, would be the ability to search for a customer/account and not have to already be on the correct city's page to get search results. We have locations in 3 cities, and sometimes it c an take an extra minute to find an account from having to switch back and forth.

Response from ServiceCore

Hi Jessica, Thanks for the review and the feedback! I will pass this information on to our product team. Thanks, ServiceCore

Replied March 2022

NEENAH

Disappointed

To whom it may concern, I have used ServiceCore for _1.5__yrs with some growing pains, but ultimately great customer service to resolve any issues that occurred. Recently, my team experienced an issue with the software that caused a short-term fix resulting in an average extra billable hr, per technician and support team member a day. Going off of previous experience, I was under the impression this issue would be resolved expeditiously. Unfortunately, this issue has been "looked at" for about a month. When ServiceCore was approached, they repeatedly gave the same response. It wasn't until a board member reached out to ServiceCore and inquired repeatedly for alternative contacts that a supervisors POC was reluctantly provided. In that initial conversation, a credit for a month was offered verbally, and what now appears to be in the works is a retraction of that statement and a shift to the same response that was provided by their original technician--"this is being looked at". I'm disappointed in how ServiceCore has currently responded to this impact to our business. We pride ourselves on customer service and expect our value chain to uphold those same standards. So far, there appears to be a shift in ServiceCore's customer service response to this issue causing my team to evaluate potential alternatives. Historically I would have recommended. Currently, I would not recommend.

Pros

auto charge, help route, email customer when service is complete

Cons

Customer service and solutions to issues with in the system. Reporting of monthly sales.

Reasons for choosing ServiceCore

Salesman and promises of what the system was capable of and that they were growing and would be forever evolving to improve the system and what it offers.

Brian

Industry: Environmental Services

Overall it is a great tool.

Service Core is a great tool. You are able to do your paperwork and documentation at your fingertips, along with amount of cash taken, and check number and receipt numbers.

Pros

Service Core is actually a great tool. We actually went from a paper system to service core. So leaving real time notes or information for the office is great along with photographic evidence for the office when a customer calls with an issue its great for the technician. Customers do call with complaints and issues, Along with warning notes for the next person..

Cons

When you are in a area with no service you are unable to access information or notes left by the router, and it also glitches out at times as well when service is unavailable.

Reasons for switching to ServiceCore

Management wanted something more mainstream and user friendly, at times you have new employees teaching 1 standard process makes it easier for everyone involved.

Response from ServiceCore

Hi Brian, Thanks for dropping us a review! It's always great to hear from customers that switch from pen and paper - that increased communication between driver and office can be a real game changer. We'll take a look at the offline functionality, that's something we want operating as smoothly as possible for drivers. If you have any additional thoughts or feedback on that we'd love to hear from you in our support channels. ServiceCore

Lisa

Industry: Utilities

Service Core For Utility Work

It is much easier in general for me to generate invoices, process payments and send Invoices and/or receipts to customers.

Pros

Scheduling and dispatching and being able to see in near real time when a job is completed for billing and dispatching purposed.

Cons

Customization and choices when it comes to billing. It is limited in how we can add a payment type (i.e., cannot choose secure online payment as an option (such payments could come from a e-check or credit card payment) when recording a payment. Also, there are glitches in combing several jobs for one customer onto one invoice.

Not applicable

Reasons for switching to ServiceCore

Better overall as this allowed us to dispatch, have technicians complete and complete billing in a more timely manner.

Response from ServiceCore

Hi Lisa, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear that it sounds like ServiceCore has made your job a bit easier, that's some of our favorite feedback to hear. ServiceCore

Dallas

Very poor roll off dumpster software

Service Core has good toilet software but the dumpster side is lacking. We needed a software that could do both and have been disappointed in the dumpster management that is featured so far

Pros

Toilet management; combining dumpster and toilet software

Cons

The Dumpster management side is lacking

Response from ServiceCore

Hi Dallas, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and let us know of your frustrations. We value your opinion so we'll be reaching out to get a bit more information on how we could improve your experience and what features you'd like to see as part of our platform. Best, ServiceCore

Jessi

A-Line Roll Off Services Review

The experience has be decent. I can't say I am in love with the product, but it does the job.

Pros

I like the ease of use with the product.

Cons

There are bugs that still need to be fixed and a lot of times I do not get an answer that helps me.

Reasons for choosing ServiceCore

It seemed to fit what we needed at the time.

Response from ServiceCore

Hi Jessi, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We'll continue to develop the product to where it's something you can't live without! ServiceCore

Holly