All Skimmer Reviews

Elizabeth

Consumer Services, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

Skimmer Review: No Headaches With Skimmer.

Love Skimmer

Skimmer has been great and I have even recommended it to our competitors just getting started in the service industry.

PROS

Skimmer is easy to use and a cost effective way to keep track of jobs.

CONS

Sometimes things show up on other admins phone that are not on my admin phone. But it hasn't bothered me enough to even worry with a phone call

Thanks for the great review, and for recommending us to your competitors. :) Sounds like you may have two phones set as your primary device for your admin account. Give us a call and we'll be happy to help!

Jake

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Great Pool Service Program

My overall experience with skimmer has been great.

PROS

I like being able to run my service business in it's entirety in Skimmer. From route scheduling, service and repairs I have found skimmer extremely helpful and keeps your techs in line and on time.

CONS

Occasionally I have had to restart my phone when out in the field or close the app and open again. It does it only when I/we take a picture of the pool or repair it will kick you back out and most times you would have to restart. On my laptop I have had Zero issues and everything works good.

Reason for choosing Skimmer

It was mostly cost prohibited to go the other way. I did like a lot of the features they had to offer but was better suited for a company that does more than just pool maintenance and repairs.Ultimately Skimmer took the gold medal for my business model.

Hi Jake! Happy to hear Skimmer is helping to keep techs in line and on time. Thanks for giving us the gold!

Replied July 2023

Marc

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Broken software

No benefits, just pain. We are moving away from Skimmer. It is a horrible product.

PROS

The ease of implementation. The app is intuitive.

CONS

Several. The app is buggy and for the first year of use, whenever we would complain about a software issue, Skimmer personnel would blame us - either our internet connection wasn’t good enough, we were out of date on updates, or the software wasn’t intended to be used with Chrome. They would never accept responsibility. Invoicing within the program has been promised for more than a year. It still is t ready. Now, the ability to transfer invoicing to Quickbooks is broken. It has been broken for more than a week and all we get is “sorry for the inconvenience.”

Justin

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Excellent product for pool service businesses

We've been with skimmer for almost 7 years. We've grown with the software and love all the new changes and updates it brings. Overall very happy with the app.

PROS

Ease of use, scheduling billing history etc is all straight forward. Only thing being in a vacation rental industry would be allowing a calander drag and drop style setup would be a little easier but we're a small part of the pool service market so I understand.

CONS

Occasional freeze or glitch typically when taking photos

Reason for choosing Skimmer

Much easier system to setup and navigate

Thanks for this great review and being a customer for 7 (!!) years! We appreciate the calendar feedback and have passed this request to the product team. FWIW, we made some improvements to our Android app camera functionality recently. If you still run into any crash or glitch issues, please give us a call or shoot us an email so we can get your phone specs and investigate, Thanks again for the five stars!

Replied January 2024

Robert

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Just keep skimming

Love using skimmer , just keep skimming!

PROS

Easy of use. Skimmer is very tech friendly, from service side of the app for the tech or from [sensitive content hidden] side. All aspects of using skimmer come naturally and with great ease.

CONS

I wish I could share jobs to different companies without having to set them up on my skimmer profile. If I could assign a job to someone who has there own skimmer account would be a great addition.

Reason for choosing Skimmer

Better product for my company's needs.

Reasons for switching to Skimmer

Skimmer is the bigger fish in the pond with better updates always coming out.

Thanks for the great review, Robert! We have more updates coming! Just keep skimming! :)

Macey

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Skimmer is a game changer!

Fantastic, communication is flawless with customer support. Price is amazing. Ease of use is great!

PROS

Skimmer is a one stop shop for the pool industry. From route optimization to work orders and check lists you don’t need any other software

CONS

I would like to see an easier way to see the data from chemical logs. If I suspect a leak I would like to see a chart showing salt and CYA levels over the course of a few months. This may already be implemented…

Reason for choosing Skimmer

Skimmer was pool specific and exactly what we needed.

Thank you so much for this stellar feedback and a 5-star review, Macey! We'll have a member of our support team reach out for a solution to your CYA level question!

Replied January 2024

Jamie

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Overall Evaluation

PROS

It's easy to use. You don't need internet service at the moment to use the program as it will load all your information in the system when you are able to get a good system without losing anything.

CONS

At first, they didn't have a billing system outside of quick books, which I personally don't like quick books. Also, the price went up like three times within 9 months, which was very deterring, but they affirmed the price will Stay at $1.00 per customer for a long period of time. Other than that the system is the best I've use so far.

Reasons for switching to Skimmer

I could use it without internet issues like drop zones then have to drive around for a good connection to close out a location when done.

Thanks for the excellent 5-star review, Jamie! We aim to keep delivering value for you!

Replied November 2023

Jacob

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Best Software For Pool Business

Absolutely amazing, best app in the pool industry and it is not even a competition.

PROS

Skimmer is an incredible software that can do everything a owner of a pool maintenance company could dream. I highly recommend Skimmer to each and everyone who is in the pool industry. It has made my life a million times easier and the Skimmer team has phenomenal service. 10/10 recommend!

CONS

I truly have nothing bad to say about skimmer, there is nothing I don’t like about the app.

Reasons for switching to Skimmer

Skimmer is light years ahead of pool brain and it was an easy switch. Pool brain, lags, crashes, is not user friendly.

Making your life a million times easier is what we aim to do, Jacob! Thanks for the great feedback. We're glad you made the switch!

Replied December 2023

Stephanie

Reviewed September 2023

Best software for the pool industry

Works perfectly for our pool business, we use it all day every day to keep track of all repairs, builds, and weekly service. We could not survive without it!

PROS

We use the scheduling, route assignment, history and customer tracking the most.

CONS

To be honest there is really nothing that I don't like about it.

Reason for choosing Skimmer

Much easier to use and set up for the techs in the field.

Stephanie! What a great review! We're so happy to hear about your experience. Thanks so much!

Environmental Services, 1 employee

Life Saver

There was a bit of a learning experience, but it has really made my job easier. I had a bunch of different work orders for Quotes and other functions, but Skimmer has gone and streamlined those processes too.

PROS

Time tracking, time saving, billing dream

CONS

The parts adding/install is a bit clunky

Reason for choosing Skimmer

At the time it was the best middle of the road program, but it has quickly outpaced and outperformed the competition.

Billing dream. Love to hear that, Mark! Thanks for the great review. We've been working hard on adding new features, and there are more to come!

Chantel

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Saves My Sanity

I called tech support recently and [sensitive content hidden] provided exceptional service. He was knowledgeable, and patient, and resolved my issue efficiently. [sensitive content hidden] actively listened, offered clear instructions, and ensured I understood the steps. It was a positive experience, and his excellent service left me satisfied, impressed, and the biggest cheerleader in the world for Skimmer.

PROS

One of the stand-out features that I like the most about Skimmer - aside from all the amazing functions that the program offers is customer support. When I have a question or need help, I am no more than 5 minutes away from an answer, help, clarity, and always - the solution. Calling their customer support line is the most rewarding call you will ever make to tech support. Even if you don't get a tech on the line when you call, they call you right back!

CONS

There are two major things that I would say I like the least - but they are features that Skimmer doesn't have yet. 1. you can't carry a credit on the customer's account and 2. work orders are not automatically paid for customers who are on autopay.

Reason for choosing Skimmer

We chose Skimmer over other alternative products because Skimmer was written by pool pros for pool pros about being a pool pro. Skimmer cuts out the mess and nuisance of using technology. There's nothing comparable to what Skimmer offers for their customers. When the Skimmer developers make changes or updates or launch new versions of the software, these decisions are made, tested, and refined by listening to pool professionals. This is truly unique and stands out among any other competitor.

On behalf of our entire team, a sincere THANK YOU for this great review and your time in helping shape new features! We certainly appreciate the feedback you've provided and I think you'll be happy to know Account Credits is expected to launch this evening! The tutorial is here if you'd like to preview: https://help.getskimmer.com/article/175-skimmer-billing-how-to-manage-account-credits

Stephen

Skimmer and USA POOLS LLC

We originally purchased another service program that was not flexible and did not meet our needs. Skimmer has met the majority of our needs, is very flexible and very effective communicating with our customer base.

PROS

The ease of moving service amonst technicians especailly given the high turnover we have expiereneced

CONS

The fact that we need to rebuild and not just modify routes annually

Did not meet our needs

Thanks for the great review, Stephen! Happy to hear your feedback. We'd love to hear more about you need to rebuild routes. Maybe we can help! support@getskimmer.com

Norm

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

All in One Software

Being able to move and manipulate the route easily was a function I was looking for along with routing. Skimmer offers both function and does them well.

PROS

It was important for me to have a scheduling and billing system all one. There are other systems out there but I found Skimmer to be the easiest to setup and use.

CONS

Initially when I started using Skimmer the billing function was not available. However, since the beginning of 2023 billing has been added.

Easier to use

Thanks for this fantastic 5-star review, Norm! Ease-of-use has always been a focus for us. We appreciate your feedback!

Dustin

Business Supplies and Equipment, 2-10 employees

Skimmer for with WIN!

Skimmer has made my life so much easier. I can now use one program for all my needs.

PROS

I love how skimmer makes it easy to manage and organize everything I need for my business to run properly. It give my customers the relief knowing they get weekly updates and pictures.

CONS

There is nothing I don’t like. It’s such a great program

Reason for choosing Skimmer

Just wanted to try something different

Happy to hear Skimmer is working out swimmingly for you, Dustin! Thanks for the review!

Chad

Chemicals, 2-10 employees

Skimmer rocks!

My overall experience with Skimmer has been absolutely stellar! I was introduced to the software many years ago in a previous business o worked for. That absolutely changed the trajectory of that business. I have since started my own company and we are using skimmer everyday as it is an absolute must for our customers, techs and admin. Could recommend this software enough.

PROS

The accessibility for my team and I is one of the best things o like about skimmer. Everyone on the team can use and understand the software.

CONS

It’s hard to find something I don’t like about skimmer but, I’d like to see a video option for work orders as well as more photo spaces

Wow! Thanks for this great review, Chad, as well as the feature request!

Catalina

Useful, and important

PROS

I like that it keeps communication clear and in one place, it allows for many notes to be inputted along with photos, so we can get serial numbers, or show clients things that need to be fixed. It eliminates the "loosing" of paper notes, and keeps everyone on the same page.

CONS

There are times it messes with the route techs that do regular services start and finish times, making it difficult to know exactly how long they were at a property.

Thanks for the great review, Catalina! We hear you on the start and stop times! Feel free to reach out to support@getskimmer.com to troubleshoot!

Brian