• Pros

• "easy to use, easy for our techs to use while out on service calls - to look at past history, and great for billing and collections."

• "SmartServ is very user friendly. I like that you can search by customer name, address, and ticket numbers. "

• "The tremendous support from the reps and the onboarding team. Great file building features. Excellent reporting features. "

• Cons

• "Just frustrating learning everything and being the only one in the office but customer support has been great "

• "The only real issue I have had is there is a language barrier. This has caused me to have to ask reps to repeat themselves numerous times but they have grace"

• "Better indicators for visual ques of job progress and continue improvements on scheduler. "

Browse SmartServ Reviews

Chad from Flow-Tech Plumbing and Heating Inc.

HVAC & Plumbing Service Department

as stated above it allows us to be paper free, have techs enabled to access customer info without needing time wasting calls to office and our collections are up near 95%-100%

Pros

Cons

no major issues that we don't like - it took a couple of months for everyone to get used to how it works, but we expected a learning curve.

Matthew from United Heating & Plumbing

Finally!

FIRST RATE support and customer Service. I have 2 point people who are always available and are always asking me how they can help my business. This is the best customer service I’ve seen from any type company in a while. I’m happy with the software, and I’m doing a slow roll out so it’s perfect day 1. I’m delighted with the customer service however. They truly care about their customer and customer service.

Pros

I’m a House Call Pro refugee. HCP is not horrible. There are a few items that are important to me they don’t have. I left because of zero meaningful support. I don’t want to spend 2 hours reading FAQs or text support. SmartServ has more features and more flexibility. I can customize it to my demand service HVAC business. It’s flexible; sorting etc

Cons

None so far. I’m in the first 6 months. So far so good.

Reasons for Choosing SmartServ

Customer service flat out. They really invest in their customers and it shows every day.

Sheryl from mm comfort systems

I am unhappy with the way that when you click on something the wheel just spins and spins.

Pros

I like the schedular and how you can see the individual appts per tech. Scheduling or creating a ticket is easy.

Cons

Everything works pretty good, except when you save something and you want to go back in a ticket, it makes you type the ticket # again . Also the times when the wheel just spins and spins is always when I have a customer on the line and I have to call them back when system is up again. This happens everyday and is very annoying. When I set my group in the schedular, it changes when I do different tasks, I would like it to stay where I set it in the morning and stay that way unless I manually change it.

Karen from Road Runner HVAC

Great System!!

Everyone I have worked with is very nice, very helpful, and wants to make sure we are 100% happy with the product. They go out of their way to fix any issues that may come up. They were with us every step of the way to get the system set up and make sure we were comfortable with it. Great team!!!

Pros

Everything is easy to get in and out of. Its self explanatory. If there is something you need help with, the support team is available right away to help. The schedule is very easy to use and quick to get around in. Glad we chose this system!

Cons

It would be easier if there is only one screen to input a customer and their issue. Right now you enter their information and have to add a ticket to generate a call for them. It would just be easier to have it in one screeen.

Reasons for Choosing SmartServ

I liked the entire set up over all of the rest of the systems we looked at. It is simple and very easy to figure out. Other systems were way too busy. It is very easy to change things as well.

Daniel from Smallwood and Sons Electrical Services LLC

Great Software

Customer management and scheduling has improved. Details are more readily available. Efficiency has improved.

Pros

The software is very thorough and has many features that are crucial for efficiency and productivity. We are very pleased so far and enjoy the awesome customer service that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has provided since the on boarding process.

Cons

There are still a few things in testing but that was to be expected.

Heidi from Farwest Climate Control

Easy to use product

Very easy to work with and always get back to us in a timely manner

Pros

I really like how fast and easy it is to find customers/ invoices

Cons

Not a fan that you have to wait till the next day for the information to transport over to Quickbooks

Michelle from Flow-Tech Plumbing & Heating, Inc.

SmartServ Conversion

The conversion process was a challenge due to our old system didn't convert a lot of the information into SmartServ due to the platform it is built on. We had some challenges with the syncing of SmartServ and QuickBooks, and have those all worked out! SmartServ support has been awesome - The support staff is GREAT. She responds quickly to our questions or concerns!

Pros

Cons

The layout of the invoices is probably what we like least. We're working with SmartServ support to revise the layout to better serve our customers. We'd also like to know as soon as we pull up a customer whether it be on the web version or the iPads, if a customer is a Service Agreement Customer. It shows an ! and then you can hover over that for the information, however, if they were a different color when we pulled them up, it would be known instantly that they were on the silver plan, gold plan, etc. This would help with making sure the technicians billed the customer properly and that the customers received the correct discount!

Marie from Authority Heating & Cooling

Good Service

Pros

The software does a lot of what we need, but does have some limitations. But we haven't been able to find one software that does everything, so SmartServ is comparable to the other products out there. The customer service at SmartServ is excellent though, so anytime we have a question or a problem, they respond right away and are all very kind.

Cons

There are a few things that you have to contact the SmartServ team to do, rather than being able to do it yourself. For example, you can't add new employees yourself. It has also been having syncing problems so not everything sync's properly. But the customer service team is very quick to respond and fix any issues.

Paul from ESCO, Inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

Support is always there

Overall our experience with SmartServ has been excellent and I would recommend them to any company looking into them. Try a demo and ask questions. They will be more than accommodating and convincing as they were with me.

Pros

The support is always there. No matter what your issue is these guys are here to help. Which speaks louder than a lot of other software I have demoed and used in the past. Its nice entering data into this software with little to no issues. All of the technicians love the app. Its great getting work done from anywhere. Having our entire service history available online is a great addition too.

Cons

Almost none. The credit card merchant compatibility list needs work. It would be great if we could use Stripe or Authorize.net (those are the 2 I've had experience with.) PayPal would be a nice addition as well. However, this doesn't really affect us as most of our customers pay by check. There are a few minor features we would like to see introduced. Anything I have recommended so far. They say is coming very soon.

Angel from A-Advanced Home Services

Always available for support!

We have solved a lot of situations with smart serv, including finding tickets and invoices quicker. Easy to access customer information.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the Team are always available for customer service and support. Thanks to the team for being available at all times to assist us.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this software is that is has no automatic integration.

BRUCE from Day & Nite Plumbing & Heating, Inc.

Smart and Easy

The staff is friendly and super responsive. I have had zero issues with communicating our needs and getting a timely response.

Pros

No more tracking paper invoices. No more huge labor hours processing work to get in our accounting software. No more techs having missing information. No more call takers fumbling with a system just to get a customer on the schedule. No more illegible handwriting. SmartServ has made our company step up the professional way we can now serve and present to our customers. Since it is cloud based we can see real time invoicing and job note updates. Its easier to track everything and significantly reduced the office man hours spent dealing with a manual process for call taking, invoice processing, and finding history on our customers. Our techs can also better serve our customers. With unlimited space to make a detailed invoice, add pictures, and the ability to review a customer's past history at their fingertips. This product has had a real positive impact on our business and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to make it happen.

Bonnie from Kanon Electric

We have a few glitches, but the customer service does a great job of addressing these issues.

It is how we schedule our techs in the field. It is how we keep track of customer info and history. How we communicate job details with our techs. It has freed up time for the office staff.

Pros

It is user friendly, has the features that we need, and if not they help us to create the ones that we don't have.

Cons

There can be glitches, but they have good communication about these. They have had to update and work on these multiple times. I think it has been a work in progress. It has worked well for us.

Dan from MOODY HEATING & AIR

Powerful software

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Smartserv has made this transition as easy as possible. He is always responsive when we call and checks in on us regularly when we don't call. We are very happy with our decision to switch to Smarserv. The customer service has been outstanding starting with our first sales call to implementation.

Pros

We like the ease of accessing the data. We schedule jobs for field technicians and need to have the customer information available quickly. The software stores job history for every customer allowing my technicians to take pictures, make notes, and request parts that are all relayed in real time to our office. Having a complete history of each customer allows my techs to be more prepared and more efficient when walking into a house.

Cons

I have not used the software long enough to find anything negative. The software is so much more powerful than what we are used to. I wish we had made the change sooner.

Reasons for Choosing SmartServ

We are a small company on a budget, Smartserv is competitively priced. Smartserv meets all of our needs.

Anthony from A.M Botte Mechanical, LLC

Most comprehensive system for the money

Once we went through the 30 days of switching and the 60 days of work flow adjustments the program does nothing but get better

Pros

That it was all in one and gave us the options for contracts, multiple locations and was able to handle residential and commercial

Cons

The system has some limitations for commercial projects

Reasons for Choosing SmartServ

SmartServ looked to have 95% of what we were looking for at a fair price. I also like that I can just have the biggest package with unlimited user and not pay per user

Shontel from A Pro Appliance LLC

Great onboarding process!

The initial salesman was very patient with me and did several phone calls, emails, and demo's over many months to accommodate my schedule and concerns. The on-boarding team has been amazing. They have spent many hours moving our customer and quickbooks info from our old software and assured that we have all of the proper data transferred into Smartserv. They have answered every question and concern immediately and usually had the kinks fixed same or following day. They have also been very patient in helping my team understand how to use the software in our day to day business. We have been able to really customize the software to meet the needs of our unique work flow. We are very impressed with their knowledgeable staff and their quick responses to all of our needs!

Pros

The software is user-friendly and has most of the functions I was looking for. My team really likes the checklist/forms ability because it eliminates paperwork, which is a real time saver!

Cons

I wish there was an ability for the technicians to be able to do some back office stuff from the ipad and visa versa. Sometimes our roles cross over.

Cathy from Advanced Air Systems

SmartServ

We have been using SmartServ for almost two years now and we love it. The software is great and the company really stands behind their product. If we ever run into anything we want changed or any problem, they are quick to make it happen. They are also working daily on improving and meeting customers needs.

Pros

Up to date software that functions like a pro!

Cons

I have no cons at this time, things have gone well with this software

Tuesday from Priority Heating & Cooling

Smart Serv Review

Al has been fantastic to work with as we've gotten SmartServ up and running for our company. He promptly responds to my many calls and emails and is extremely thorough and knowledgeable. When issues require him to obtain further information or help from other departments, he contacts them immediately and I have been very impressed with how quickly he works to resolve our issues. It can be frustrating and challenging to work with new software but working with Al has helped alleviate some of that stress, as he is very knowledgeable about the software and is very personable when talking to him on the phone. It is a pleasure to work with him and I'm grateful for the time and effort he puts into making sure that we are up and running as smoothly as possible.

Pros

The reports and ability to move appointments around on the schedule so easily.

Cons

I do not like the calendar view. It is extremely hard to read. All of the technician are in the same color and make it hard to differentiate them.

Nicole from Mike's Plumbing

Good all in one service company software with excellent customer support.

Pros

The software is completely customizable. If a feature is not working well for us, the SmartServ support team will write a fix for it or in the very least will offer a work-around. And, if we need a feature added to the software, SmartServ will create one especially for us!

Cons

SmartServ integration with QuickBooks has a lot of quirks and doesn't sync properly most of the time which requires admin time to correct.

Adam from Mackydo's HVAC Services LLC

2 months in and so far so good

I have been using SmartServ for two months now and it is greatly improving my ability to track Service tickets and differentiate between service and install and the other facets of my business. I would suggest SmartServ to other small businesses as they have been great to work with thus for.

Pros

#1 pro has to be the customer service. I have emailed with issues and had a call back in less then 5 minutes a couple different times. That is priceless. Working with them has been easy and the communication is great. In fact I just sent an email to my contact and had a response in the last 5 minutes. It's 8pm!!

Amour from Corriell Appliance

We love SmartServ! We used 2 other software programs and found SmartServ met our needs very well!

Pros

SmartServ syncs our invoices and sales taxes to QuickBooks Online perfectly! We had trouble with the other software programs syncing our Washington State sales taxes (we have to collect based on location of service). SmartServ is based in Washington and has a grasp on the challenges that we face here. Our invoices sync into QBO perfectly with SmartServ, I was having to go into QBO and edit EVERY invoice with the other programs that we tried.

Cons

The Report module could be beefed up some, but all in all it's a really great software. We collect data on our call sources and it would be nice to pull a report myself, however there is a work around as of now and SmartServ sends my reports to me monthly.

David from BANGHART PLUMBING LLC

Shop owner

Tracking jobs, clients equipment and job times

Pros

Abilities built into the program and the continued benefits and attributes that keep.

Cons

Right now I have no complaints thank you

Cathy from Advanced Air Systems, Inc.

Our experience so far has been great!

Many benefits, easier scheduling, more thorough information on the customers, happier technicians!

Pros

If there is something that you need, the SmartServ Team will make it happen! We have come across a few little things that we needed to perform differently and they were more than happy to change them for us. The ease of use with the software is great and the technicians are thrilled with the look of their daily schedules now! so much easier for them to view then they were with our old software.

Cons

There is nothing so far that we don't like about the software. We have had issues but they have all been solved immediately for us.

Meagan from A-advanced Home Services

Love this software

All issues were able to be dodged by using smart serv!

Pros

This transition we had to make to this software from the old one we were using was incredibly easy to get used to and the new features are almost unbeatable.

Cons

N/a. This software only leads me to positive responses.

Jewel from Diamond Heating and Cooling

Great Software

Its been good. Great communication.

Pros

I'm able to see a layout of the week and schedule appropriately without overlapping.

Cons

Sometimes when trying to go back to a page to view other service addresses under a billing address, I'm rerouted to a different page.

Lili from MM Comfort Systems

For the most part SmartServ is a great system. Easy to maneuver through. Great customer service

Pros

Easy to enter new customers, being able to mail invoices and collect payment. Reminder Bell for easy follow up.

Cons

System consistently running slow/ freezing up. Usually once a week a new issue arises. Usually fixed in a timely manner

Karla from Mr. Reliable Plumbing & Heating

Great Software

Pros

Very quick response when it comes to support and customer service. There are constant updates on the software .

Cons

There have been a couple of times where I wouldn't be able to sync the invoice or service address.

Manutea from Smith Mechanical

Change can be hard. Overall it has been a great transition!

paperless

Pros

Biggest plus is the reduction of paper. I really like being able to view the schedule at a weeks glance for ease of scheduling other appointments. Having the technicians able to view history, equipment information and their schedules is very helpful.

Cons

When the system locks up it makes it very difficult to maintain a steady work flow. Technicians have experienced the same thing in the field. Since the system is web based, there are going to be issues when they are doing service calls in remote areas.

Ron from Comfort. mechanical

Industry: Facilities Services

Works well

Really good set up

Pros

Customer service is great. Any time I reached out to them they were responsive and fast

Cons

Nothing really to complain about. It works pretty well

Kristin from Liberty Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.

SmartServ Review

Fantastic Customer Service, quick responses ad fairly quick in making corrections.

Pros

Their customer service is exceptional and they basically will try to correct any issue that we may have with regards to how their program works for us.

Cons

I think that they are fairly new to working with Quickbooks Online version so this is a learning process for all. Not always the most user-friendly program however, their customer service is so exceptional that it kind of out weighs the cons.

Anthony from Valentino Contracting,LLC

Excellent Support

We are becoming more efficient in the field, and getting our customers invoices/estimates out faster. We are also eliminating paper, and have all customer information and transactions readily available. SmartServ is constantly evolving, and they eagerly request feedback for improvements.

Pros

The learning curve has been minimal, it is packed with useful features, and technical support and training is excellent!

Cons

It would be nice if we could have our schedule sync with google calendar.

Ryan from Corriell Appliance

Waht issues we've had have been very quicly addressed. Cannot praise the support and service enough.

We have used a franchise software in the past, and this is the closest to the functionality of that software we have found.

Pros

Inpuuting new customers is very easy. Inventory module is the best of several softwares we have tried. The ipad version is very easy to use as well.

Cons

Having to type in complete names, part numbers, phone numbers, etc., instead of being able to search with partial information. Also, weekly calendar field could be improved.

Haley from United Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc.

Industry: Wholesale

Excellent

They have a great support team. They always get our answer/problem solved in a timely manner. The system is very easy to learn and use.

Pros

How easy the system is to use and how fast the team gets back with us when we have a problem.

Cons

Nothing as far as the software. It just would have been nice to have someone come and get everything done and set up instead of my office team having to do it.

Gene from ECO Air NW

Unmatched Service

Have never experienced this level of support and commitment to our success with a software partner. The people make SmartServ a force in the industry. Thank you and well done.

Pros

Cons

Android platform still in development. Not as intuitive as others.

Alvis from Alvis electrical inc

great product

I went from doing everything on paper to this. it has made a world of difference and i look forward to keeping my business paperless from here on out

Pros

I like how to link everything to quick books and helps streamline the entire process from dispatch to taking payment

Cons

it glitched a couple times on me, besides that i can not say anything bad about it

Rufus from Lost Cow Enterprises LLC

Early adopter

Scheduling, time tracking and dispatching.

Pros

Provides dispatching, scheduling, time tracking, estimating and invoicing all in one package. Has location and messaging features also.

Cons

Like most of the companies in this segment does some things well and some not so much. The developers are trying hard to improve it. Report function is useless.

derien from diamond hearing& cooling services

pleased owner

Ita been a great experience so far the customer support has been excellent, l Iiked that as a growing business that smart serv is also adapting and help me to reach goals

Pros

Syncing with qbks, in field invoicing and less paperwork

Cons

Not able to use SMS with android platform

ROSS from MASTER BLASTER PLUMBING & DRAIN LLC

Awesome!!

Support has been great and most of all patient with me as I'm not the easiest to work with.

Pros

Ease of integration, support access.

Cons

I'm an old Dog now learning new tricks!

Integration and support.

Michelle from Busy Bee Heat & AC

SmartServ

Their development team is usually pretty good about meeting the needs and wants of their clients, however, there have been times when a specific task was requested over and over.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use, and user-friendly - the support team is very prompt and can usually solve issues by the end of the day if no sooner.

Cons

There are still a good amount of glitches within the software. They sometimes struggle to provide services that other software provides with ease.

Cody from Summit Heating & A/C

SmartServ review

Pros

Integration of most everything we do on one platform. Customer rep. and the support team have been amazing, quick to respond and proactive.

Cons

I'd like to see breadcrumbs to show tech locations throughout the day.

Tammy from Bob Jay's

Super helpful

Pros

So far the service has been wonderful just trying to learn everything

shelley from Point Grey Plumbing and Heating

Industry: Facilities Services

SmartServ Review

not at this time.

Pros

looking up a customer is very easy, this is very simple

Cons

i dont like that you have to schedule the appointment part way through getting the information. i alway seem to have to go back into the ticket to complete it, i bring up the customer, put in what the call is for - then have to schedule before i can add notes or items.