All The Service Program Reviews

Walter

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

A Program That Works for You.

I think that both versions of the software are excellent. We used the desktop version originally and found it to be an excellent tool for the techs in the field. The online version is better in that is allows the techs to see the history of the location they are servicing.

PROS

The information flows back and forth between the program and our accounting software. ALSO, they are constantly adapting to our needs and making the changes we need to accomodate our customers.

CONS

That the online version is still evolving.

Reason for choosing The Service Program

We had used The Service Program prior and really liked it. We originally switched as they were still in the process of creating the online version and the operations manager did not want to wait.

Reasons for switching to The Service Program

Service Titan made it very difficult to use from the office side. It changed names around to suit their way of doing things and created double entries for all invoicing.

Cherylyn

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Time Saving Software

Time, scheduling, employee time, sub contractor job entry just to name a few

PROS

It doesn't try to boss my financial software around, so many features you can customize what works for you, reporting features, filtering features, etc. What isn't there to love..

CONS

Initial cost. But, I did appreciate the terms worked out and well worth the money!

Reasons for switching to The Service Program

Our company used Qxpress for over 6 years and then they were taken over by another company. After, giving it a good try for over a year. It just wasn't working. First, You can't have 2 bosses when you are using a very specific financial software system. This was a problem. It also seemed as soon as one glitch was fixed another appeared. It just became to time consuming for us.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. As you mentioned, The Service Program was meticulously developed so that it works seamlessly with QuickBooks rather than conflicting with it. We truly appreciate you sharing the many software features that are benefiting your business. Your feedback is vital to our growth, thanks again for sharing!

Replied September 2019

Leonard

Used free trial

Reviewed February 2016

A spread sheet manipulator that is not flexible & will work if you conform to their way of operation

This system is ideal for A/C Repair, Pool Cleaning, Pest Control, etc. t was designed for just those type businesses. Lawn Care mow and blow operations that get it done no matter what is another business that will be able to use it. Being in Lawn Care but quality not quantity oriented, sometimes we end up spending extra time that slows down production. There's no quota. We're more of a grounds keeping service that spends time to service all yard issues in one stop. I attempted to install this product twice. Each time I spent weeks keying data about my customers on different forms that reference and cross reference each other. It is difficult to set up if you have any number of customers. Be careful. I found that because we spend extra time to do service it was very difficult to manage what work would be scheduled on what day. We work on a two week cycle. My old system had no trouble with that. This system demands a rigid schedule. It seems in order to combine or slip schedules you have to change every task instead of the group. And if I did that the system changed the routing to zig-zag the truck. They tried desperately to shoe horn me into their model, but it was never going to work. I made several suggestions to them that would have easily improved the flexibility of the system, and, I might have been able to use it, but they chose not to undertake them. Support during installation is very difficult. There are very small windows of limited availability for training. There is no help text, no documentation, no knowledge base, and some videos that may be helpful to an issue. Also, what they call support is really technical support, to fix broken programming, it's not real customer support. So you either call Training with operational issues and hope that you get a response within 24 hours unless you are fortunate enough to catch them on the phone or you wait. They are always courteous and attempt to be helpful. But chances are if you are in any way unique they will be stymied. I think they are very limited in their lawn care knowledge area. It's all the same, right? I can't imagine a large company using this, although I'm sure that they will claim hundreds. With too much keying you can't set this and forget it. A small startup could ease into it because it doesn't require a large financial investment up front and they won't have a lot of customers to start with. The mobile app fixes all that is what I was told.

Hi Lenny, we appreciate your feedback. As you are aware, your monthly subscription provided daily open Q&A forums per week to call in speak to a Live Trainer. Tech support is available M-F. and you never used the online help documentation with step by step screen shots, training recordings. We offered an lawn industry coach since your company is unlike hundreds of other landscape companies by schedule routes for customer lawn maintenance. Since you charge per service visit, there is ONE button in software to generate Route Stops to Tasks (populating customer's preferred pricing). Once serviced (by paper or Mobile app) the quick complete generates INVOICES in QBs. No Double entry.. We wish your business well.

Replied July 2016

Kelley

Reviewed April 2020

Best routing program out there

We are extremely happy with this program, and we highly recommend it to any company needing a scheduling software in the service industry.

PROS

Taking our paper door tags digital has been amazing. The training and customer support has made learning how to use and operate this program a breeze. I couldn't be happier about the change.

CONS

There have been a few minor items that weren't available at first, but an email to the development team has been all that was needed to make the changes I needed to happen.

Reason for choosing The Service Program

I was impressed with the demonstration videos and the salesman who eventually sold me on the product. He took the time to tell and show me what the program could do and how it could serve my needs. Having a salesman that is familiar with and confident in the product he sells is key to any sale.

Reasons for switching to The Service Program

The company was doing away with the original software we started with. Their new version had too many missing components that we needed, so we sought out alternative options.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We are happy to hear of your positive experience with our company as a whole, as we are committed to providing exemplary customer service. Providing our customers with features in which they can easily communicate with their customers is essential and knowing you are utilizing the digital door tags lets us know we are on track. Thanks again for your feedback. -The Westrom Software Team

Replied April 2020

jeff

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Outstanding Product

For the past 12 years I have used this software, I have been more than satisfied with not only the Service Program but the customer service/tech support as well. The only very minor problems I have had with the program was due to my lack of not performing the updates. When notifying tech support through the software they would respond within minutes and conduct the updates for me immediately. This is an outstanding product and a first class tech company!

PROS

I run a small pond/lake management business. Twelve years ago I wanted to expand my customer base but did not want to hire an office person or bookkeeper to process the additional invoicing or paper work. I needed a software program that had these features: 1. On a mobile device for use in the field. 2. Customizable. 3. Capable of recording data and creating a sales ticket. 4. Had to interface with QuickBooks for month-end invoicing, eliminating all double entry into an accounting program. 5. Reliable and easy to use. 6. Affordable Not only did the Service Program meet all of my criteria but has exceeded my expectations.

CONS

The Service Program does allow some legacy data retrieval on a mobile device but it is a bit cumbersome to access. This is not the case on the desktop.

Reason for choosing The Service Program

At the time there were no alternatives available. All the other products were more like a traditional database, were not customizable, and did not interface with Quickbooks.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review. We're so pleased to hear of your success with The Service Program! Your insight helps to ensure we are not only providing software built to industry standards but quality customer service as well. Thanks again for your feedback!

Replied December 2020

Marlene

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Technical Support is Absolutely the BEST

Very very positive!!!

PROS

It has many features. If a feature isn't perfect there is usually a workaround. The technical support team helps modify features if possible or if not, explains options. I can't say enough about the support. You can talk to an actual person every day during a designated time. You can email questions and receive a response in a reasonable timeframe. There is a website with many tutorials. The support makes the software GREAT. I don't care how good a product is, if you don't have good support, it's not a good product. This software has the VERY BEST SUPPORT EVER!

CONS

I would like a help section catalog where you could type your question and suggestions/solutions would pop up. Although there are training videos and they are great, sometime I need more specific answers. However, an email to support gives me my answers :)

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this detailed review. Customer satisfaction is top priority here at Westrom Software. Its great to hear that our support team delivers! We are pleased to hear that you are taking advantage of our online resources and truly value your feedback. Our team is currently in the process of streamlining our robust, 24/7 Online Help Manual to provide our customers with quick solutions to common questions and scenarios at their convenience. Your feedback helps us learn how we can better enhance the customer experience and provide the best customer service possible. Thanks again for your feedback!

Replied May 2019

Ross

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Great value for the money and reliable

The software helps us communicate and make sure we are taking care of customers. Equally important, the software helps us make sure we are billing for the service we provide - especially when the customer makes changes.

PROS

The program integrates with Quickbooks and works well over our network with multiple users (3). Even when we have an unexpected reboot of a computer, etc. the data is safe. For a small company this piece of software is affordably priced and helps us be more productive and take care of our customers. For as long as we have used the software we have not found anything we feel would be better for us. Customer Service has always been able to solve our technical issues.

CONS

We would like more communication about upgrades, feature priorities and timelines. Being able to easily customize reports would be a huge plus.

We appreciate your kind words and continued business since March 2014.I shared your comments to our Customer Support and Training team members.. They work hard every day to support our valued clients's business needs. Have a nice day, God Bless.

Replied June 2017

Alice

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Outstanding Customer Support

We admittedly don't use the program for all we could (quotes/contracts/etc). We would like it even more if we learned how to use more features to streamline our operations.

PROS

It works in conjunction with QuickBooks and makes our monthly billing process VERY easy.

CONS

Changing the name of the asset erases all the history of the asset. We don't understand how to take an asset out of service without just deleting it from the system. We would like to still have a record of the unit even after we sell it.

Reason for choosing The Service Program

Cost effective and achieved what we needed - mainly its functionality with Quickbooks.

Phil

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Saddleback

Good in general , Need better tutorials

PROS

We use for service call and working with rentals , mobile app slow and not always reliable

CONS

Mobile app needs work , Slow downloads , Many past dates still on mobile app Old employees still on mobile app Also When making invoice in Sp and post to Qb The parts do not go to correct area, Always says unspecified site

Need a rental program

Tammy

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

AWESOME PROGRAM

PROS

i like that they set it up based on our needs. they have been great to work with. i highly recommend

CONS

I have nothing to complain about. again very happy with them

Jay

Reviewed June 2017

I have worked with the SP crew for years now. I have nothing but good things to say about them!

PROS

Very Smart bunch, out of box thinkers, (when in the box doesn't meet the need), I have never heard them say we can't do that; I know I have been a pain in there sides, but they have always treated me well and respectfully, even in my frustrated " I hate computers" moods. I am just really happy with the software, performance, and customer service. Lots of videos for training at any time schedule I choose! (I use this for new employee training and it is priceless)!

CONS

well, don't like that I have to watch an entire teaching video to try and find very quick answer. (so I would like a better search method for videos to speed up finding answers). Also I never have any luck with the online tech help but sending an email to customer support and they call back works well ... for me ..

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. Your 100% customer satisfaction is our goal. Your suggestion for searching the online help manual has recently been upgraded with over 100 videos placed into 22 categories to assist finding the correct answer quickly. Please use the Search Box if easier. Reminder, your annual software support provides ongoing upgrades, tech support and ongoing daily training in Open Forum 2x a day Live with a Trainer! You are always welcome to send us your feedback and suggestions on how to improve the software or services we offer. We will do the best we can to ensure you are totally satisfied with our software and customer service.

Replied June 2017

Patrick

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Great Support

Their customer support is the bomb! They are always pleasant and helpful!

PROS

I switched to QB online and switched SP with it. Then, after numerous issues with QB online (terrible support, also), we went back to QB desktop. I needed to switch the SP back at that time. They were really supportive, did it over the weekend, and checked on our company at all times. They have the best IT and support team ever (maybe QB should hire them-LOL). I would definitely recommend SP for use with a pool company! They are great.

CONS

System is very powerful, and it takes getting used to. There are a lot of features and sometimes confusing on how to figure them all out.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding The Service Program. As always, we are pleased to hear of your positive experience with our support team. We pride ourselves in our team and on providing feature rich solutions that will help you run your Service, Maintenance and Construction Pool & Spa business as efficiently as possible. We want you to get the most out of our software! In addition to our dedicated support team, we offer several training options including: a live training forum, private training and an online video training library. We urge you to take advantage of these powerful resources. Thank you again for recommending us!

Replied August 2018

Tim

Reviewed November 2018

Customer Service like no other!

PROS

Customer service is great! I know when we email with a request we will always get a response. The tech support via live chats is a great way to solve simple issues as well. If a feature is not currently available TSP is always willing to customize things so we are able to do/show what we want. This program has allowed us to introduce mobile devices in the field for our pool techs which can then be tracked live back at the store. It has helped keep “misses” from happening. The quickbooks integration is seamless and makes short work of what used to take a lot of time.

CONS

Has more features than we will ever use. Would be nice be able to set it up where we only see what we are using. Customization of the toolbar would be an amazing addition to an already impressive software program.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We are especially pleased to hear how well The Mobile Solution is working for your company in the field. Our goal at Westrom is to provide an optimal user experience by providing quality software coupled with superior support options. It is great to know that after switching pool software, you are using The Service Program to its full potential and we are happy to be there to support you along the way.

Replied December 2018

Robin

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Excellent software for our industry

PROS

This software is so easy to navigate through on a daily basis. We have a Portable Toilet company and tried another software first that we were not happy with, found Service Program and we are so glad we did. This software makes our job easy, also the technical support is outstanding.

CONS

I wish there was a way to have electronic signature for quotes, work tickets and task.

Reason for choosing The Service Program

Paul in sales was excellent and very helpful, other companies I had looked out only would chat through the computer, no personal customer service.

Reasons for switching to The Service Program

The other software was not user friendly with a Portable Toilet Service company.

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to review The Service Program. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing our customers are happy with the software. We developed this software for the industry with one goal in mind, to simplify workflow and it's great to hear that you concur! In response to your comment regarding electronic signatures we do in fact, allow for electronic signature capture, as well as adding pictures of work complete, etc. We are going to have an industry coach reach out to you on how this can easily be achieved to assure you are getting the most out of the software.

Replied July 2019

Robert

Reviewed June 2018

The Service Program is a great program to help simplify and organize your business.

The benefits we have received so far from The Service Program include a more organized dispatch system, faster way to send field techs information. Communication from field to office and office back to field only takes seconds now!

PROS

The Service Program helps the process of switching from paper to digital. There are other programs out there, but what really makes 'The Service Program" stand out from the rest is the absolutely AMAZING tech support. Their support team will reply to your question within minutes not days! The Service Program support team members are very patient, understanding and get right to the resolution of your problem. They have even customized the program to meet our needs! Great people, great program.

CONS

There is no 'AUDIT' built into the program to view who may have deleted a task or customer, and to view what the task or customer was. Currently if a task is accidently deleted there is no way to tell what that task was for, or who the customer was. This is something I really hope is in a future update. At least a simple 24 hour history log that records name of the customer, task type, time of deletion and who deleted it. This should be a priority on a future update. Knowing the support team, it will probably be done soon!

Thank you very much for such a detailed and positive review. As you know, Customer Satisfaction is our number one goal. We consistently strive to develop the best software, customized to your business needs. However, great software is only as good as the team that develops and supports it. We are extremely proud of our team at Westrom Software and we are pleased to hear you are too! We welcome your suggestions on how to improve our software and mobile platforms and we will take them into consideration for future builds. Thank you again for your feedback. It¿s always a pleasure working with you!

Replied July 2018

Michele

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2017

5 Star Customer Service!!

We couldn't be more pleased with our choice for a software company to help our growing portable toilet company!! We extensively researched many companies before choosing The Service Program and couldn't be happier with our choice!! From day 1, the level of friendly, knowledgeable and patient customer service we have received has been excellent. I especially love the LIVE help option that is available. I have never interacted with a company that has provided the feature of two daily opportunities to call in and get the information I need. It has made all the difference. Of course, knowing I can call ANYTIME, even outside the Conference calls is a blessing as well. I never end my work day with any questions as it pertains to making The Service Program work the best it can for our company. I recently called during one Live Help Session while at one of our sister companies. (Different service, retail industry) A fellow employee overheard the interaction ( I had the call on speaker phone) and commented how friendly, easy and knowledgeable the interaction was. She proceeded to mention that she wished the company they dealt with had the ease of service I had just received. As I mentioned, we are a growing company and we just doubled our business with the purchase of a competitors company. The Service Program has made this transition seamless for us! We highly recommend The Service Program for your company needs. The value for your money, the friendly customer service and expertise the staff offer far exceeds any in the industry!!

PROS

How I can track our inventory as well as get up to the date driver routes to my drivers.

CONS

Thank you so much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer the best software solution for your industry, so I am happy to see that reflected on your implementation. Our professional trainers and technical support professionals remember your excitement to improve your prior process. We understand that with The Service Program you have streamlined making Rentals a simple process. Congrats on acquiring a competitor and look forward to a tenured relationship. Thank YOU!

Replied May 2017

Lisa

Reviewed August 2017

Great Quickbooks integration and routing capability

saves time with invoicing through Quickbooks

PROS

Integration with Quickbooks and the invoices, I also use it to keep my weekly route. Service Programmers designed a route template that fit my needs perfectly. This software can be used by a small company like myself to a big fortune 500 company, very easy! The ability to memorize transactions and change the description on the invoice is the main reason I chose The Service Program software. I never have an issue contacting customer service.

CONS

Not really a con, but there is SO MUCH available with this software, a bit overwhelming. But, never fear, you can call Customer Service they will teach you every aspect of the software you want to utilize.

HI Lisa, Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Glad you like how simple posting invoices into QuickBooks takes minutes showing service dates with no need for double entry. We appreciate knowing that small and large lawn care, landscape and irrigation companies enjoy how simple The Service Program is to use while nothing falls thru the cracks.

Replied August 2017