Tree Plotter INVENTORY Software Reviews

Tree Plotter INVENTORY Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2021

Find out more:

• icon"I also love the software appearance and that the public can have access to it."
  • icon"The client support is great and the team is always willing to assist with any questions or customizations we may require."
  • icon"The support staff are excellent. They are quick to respond to challenges."
  • icon"Some of the features have been a bit confusing to general public (ie: color coding of trees, how to make Service request) but that is probably more about education on our end."
  • icon"There were things we wanted to do that were not possible because of the software layout. These limitations were disappointing, but not a game breaker."
  • icon"Having to add on to existing fields is very confusing some times."

All Tree Plotter INVENTORY Reviews

Brian

Commercial User

When managing large commercial or large residential sites data collection and review is usually the most difficult part. The client usually does not know what he has on property and what services he needs now or in the next year. Collecting the data and presenting the information to the client can help them use their budget efficiently. Most of the time site managers do not realize the clarity that can be provided by implementing a product like this.

Pros

Property management has become simple and profitable through the use of the software. From the beginning consultation with the client all the way through to delivery of the management plan, Tree Plotter has the data we need.

Cons

During the collection process the app has a tendency to slow down when a picture is taken and saved to multiple trees. The best way to overcome this deficiency is to log out, refresh and/or delete browser history and cookies.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Thank you for the review and feedback Brian! We appreciate it. Great to see the tool being used to further your business and communicate with clients. Please let us know if we can do anything for you!

Best Tree Inventory Software Available

when we first looked into a tree inventory system, we were looking to solve specific data managemnt issues. little did we know how quickly Tree Plotter would be come the center of our operations. The quality of our reports improved as well as all aspects of our tree data services; resulting in our revenue doubling within the first year. The trajectory has continued to climb ever since. We would not be where we are to day had we not invested in Tree Plotter when we did.

Pros

High customization. Support. Comprehensive data collection, filtering, management of data.

Cons

There is a lot of features and functionality to the program that can take a little time to become familiar with. Support is great and is there as needed to walk yo through any issues.

Reasons for choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Best features, price, customization. Able to set up endless users (and clients) with specified access at no additional cost. Overall by far the most comprehensive, highest quality Inventory software with unparalleled support.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Hi Daniel, Thank you so much for that awesome review! As one of our long standing clients, we really do appreciate your loyalty and all the feedback you have provided over the years. Here's to many more! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Lina

Industry: Environmental Services

Review for tree plotter volunteer registration site

The staff were really accessible and responsive to questions. The process of transitioning from Moqup to the actual site was difficult. There was some functionality in the Moqup site that was lost in the transition. One big change was that the data in the final site has to be entered into a spreadsheet where in the Moqup site, we were entering right into a Form which was way faster. With the hand off between staff, there was some information that we had sorted out for the Moqup site that got lost in translation for the final site and we then had to go back and explain why we needed something a certain way. Some of the things that we had decided on in the Moqup version ended up not being possible in the final site and I wish that we had started with the criteria/parameters of the final site at the start of planning. We (King County) did have staffing changes and the scope of the project did change from the original goal so that I definitely do not hold Treeplotter to. I recognize that some of the scope changes put the design of the site more into volunteer registration and less into tracking trees. I have no doubt that the site is amazing for tracking trees. I find it less powerful/efficient for large scale volunteer registration.

Pros

The map feature is neat and allows viewers to see where our projects are located. I appreciated the amount of time staff took to review with me and address my questions and concerns.

Cons

The data entry into spreadsheet is slow and a little clunky. Entering data into a form would be much more efficient, then being able to export it into a spreadsheet vs having to enter directly into the spreadsheet. Template does not leave a lot of opportunity for photo images, more updated and dynamic look. I do recognize that the more customized options can be purchased.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Hi Lina, Thank you so much for your honest review! Even with the staff and scope changes, we tried to accommodate every need to the best of our ability. If you ever feel like there is room for improvements regarding your TreePlotter application, please don't hesitate to reach us at support@planitgeo.com. We're here to help! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Andy

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Tree Plotter Operations Review

Very pleased and excited about new features they are continuing to come up with.

Pros

Easy, dynamic and robust way to capture data that was very much needed for our organization. Gives me the ability as administrator to create and assign work duties with supporting documentation.

Reasons for choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Seemed easier to use as administrator and data collector. Like how it integrated work module and lots of data table options for reporting.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Hi Andi, Thank you so much for the awesome review! It's been a pleasure working with you and the rest of your team to ensure that everyone is up to speed and using TreePlotter to its full potential. As always, make sure to reach out to support@planitgeo.com with any questions. Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Peter

Plotter Inventory

I use the program daily for all kinds of tasks. From permit applications for municipalities to forest track inventories to establish an overall health of said forest and creating accurate plans. The customer service team is fantastic and can help you even is you're out in the field.

Pros

The program is very easy to use and versatile. The integrated GIS software allows you to upload CSV and Shapefiles making survey point sharing easy. The add on options are well designed and tailored to the Arboricultural world. Tree Risk Assessments are a breeze as well as the Appraisal process. The data collected is very thorough and can give you the tools to provide accurate budgets for customers of all sizes.

Cons

I have had issues with the software crashing, you don't loose the software but you do have to log back in and re-open the client site. Really not a big deal and it is probably because I use an older Ipad. I have not had this issue using the program while connected to the WiFi in the office.

Reasons for choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

After doing some homework plotter turned out to be the best product for our needs.

More versatile, better pricing

Response from PlanIT Geo

Hi Peter, Thank you for the great review! We are happy to help you maximize the way you use TreePlotter. Reach out anytime. Beth and PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2021

Matthew

Industry: Environmental Services

A must have in our industry.

We have had an exceptional experience using Tree Plotter and dealing with the PlanIt Geo team. The functionality and feature packed software has allowed us to save massive amounts of time. It has streamlined the way we deal with clients and their trees and having all of our clients, both large and small in one place is a must. We have increased productivity as a result of using the user friendly interface and our clients have access to view their data, creating a completely transparent work flow for all.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality and an absolute time saver. Being able to customize data attributes and run reports In a matter of seconds makes Tree Plotter our go to client and tree data management software. The client support is great and the team is always willing to assist with any questions or customizations we may require. The user centric interface makes collecting, managing and mapping data a straight forward process which saves us time in the field and in the office.

Cons

Possibly a more customizable map export function where legends and symbology can be changed to represent more specific attributes.

Reasons for choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Firstly, the dealings we had with the Tree Plotter team gave a feeling that we would be well looked after post purchasing Additionally we felt the functionality of the product aligned well with our needs and requirements.

Reasons for switching to Tree Plotter INVENTORY

We needed a faster way to collect and manage data. Additionally data security was an issue for us along with data continuity if key employees were to not be around. Tree Plotter solved this for us.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Hi Matthew, Thank you for your honest and detailed review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your TreePlotter experience with us. We work hard to meet expectations like yours and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you! Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Sean

My thoughts on Tree Plotter

Overall I'm very happy with the software. It takes a little while to get used to the interface but once you do it works great. Also I've have nothing but good things to say about the support we've received from Planit Geo, we've always gotten our questions/problems addressed quickly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been especially helpful with any issues we have run across.

Pros

That it incorporates most aspects of our tree inventory into one piece of software that can be used with any device with an internet connection. I also love the software appearance and that the public can have access to it.

Cons

I wish there was an option to close out a Work Record with out having to add it to a Work Order. It would be great if I could click on a completed Work Record and close it out directly in the Work Record interface. This would be great for when you only have a few WR to close out, the Work Order do would great for other purposes though. Also I wish there was a way I could add my tree orders (number of trees and species) for the year into Tree Plotter and as we plot new trees as Planting Locations, Tree Plotter would automatically deduct each tree we plot from my Tree Order inventory, giving me a running total of the amount of trees I still have available to plant.

Reasons for choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

It appeared to be the best choice for what I wanted and appeared to be well supported.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Hi Sean, Thank you so much for your honest review! Work Order Management can do everything you are looking for. I will reach out to you so we can show you how. If you ever have questions regarding your TreePlotter application, please don't hesitate to reach us at support@planitgeo.com. We're here to help! Beth & PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2021

Maria Maryelis

One of the best tool avaliable for tree mapping

Working with Tree Plotter has made my work both in the office and in the field so much easy and efficient.

Pros

I truly love that I can use it in all my devices and I can even do it offline, those two things are definitely the ones that I like the most.

Cons

For me the only thing I like the least is the high price of Tree Plotter apart from that is a pretty good software for tree data management and mapping.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Thanks for the feedback Maria! It is great to know that Tree Plotter has made your work more efficient. Please reach out and let us know if we can do anything for you!

Darpan

March 2022

Great experience with Tree Plotter

Pros

Tree Plotter is not difficult to utilize and exceptionally natural. The custom elements are extraordinary and the client care is five-star. The extra modules are incredible choices to develop into as we use the Tree Plotter program.

Cons

Since it relies upon a web association, it tends to be slow on the off chance that the association is slow.

Great resource!

Pros

I love the ease of access and understanding for new users and residents of our city (Grand Rapids). Our volunteers and supporters are amazed when I tell them about this tool, and it is one of the most popular tools we share on our website. I even share this tool with kids at some of our school events, and it is

Cons

Neighborhood boundaries have changed in our city, so they don't match up 100% anymore.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Thank you for the review and positive feedback! We should be able to update those neighborhood boundaries as well if provided with current data. Let us know how we can help!

Elise

Industry: Program Development

Plan-it Geo is a professional, hard-working company with a fantastic product I'm proud to use.

With Tree Plotter we engage the public to plot private yard trees on our map, view public trees, and take self-guided tree walks. This enables us to better understand the composition of our urban forest and associated ecosystem benefits calculations. Not to mention, people will learn about the trees around them and hopefully become more informed about trees and advocate for planting and proper care. Tree Plotter also allows us to track our organization's tree planting and tree care activities on a digital map, for the first time! We also engage volunteers to survey trees in several programs, providing regular data on the status and needed care for young urban trees.

Pros

Our organization needed a platform to 1) engage the public in plotting trees, and 2)help us manage our programs better. We reviewed several tree mapping software programs/providers, and chose to subscribe to Plan-it Geo's Tree Plotter system because we felt that the team and products would best suit our needs for the present and near future. The customer service is fast and attentive, with a skilled team that works with us to craft a custom map that we can use effectively. The software is user-friendly and highly customizable, which helps us create a tool that does what we want and looks how we want it to look. They also have several add-on tools that you can purchase when you have funding, or leave out if you don't need it. Being able to pay for what you need and not what you don't was a nice model for us.

Cons

As Plan-it Geo grows and evolves, we hope they will continue to take our suggestions to allow us (clients) the ability to customize some things on our own. It really helps speed things up if we are able to make some changes to our Tree Plotter map structure without asking them first. I think the only thing that is still an issue is some slowness and incompatibility with various Apple devices. It works great on android devices I've used, but many of our users with iPhones can have a tougher time with loading the map/features quickly. Any other things we've expressed a desire to see changed has been taken into consideration and they've shown that they value our feedback and make changes based on client wishes - which is awesome!

Response from Plan-It Geo

Elise- Thank you so much for such a wonderful and thought out review! We appreciate you taking the time to do so! We've enjoyed working with you and your team to help make Tree Plotter work for you all, and look forward to doing so into the future. Thanks again! Matt & Plan-It Geo

Replied May 2018

Gerry

Easy to learn, easy to use, and accurate. Reports are great!

Pros

I work in the Idaho Community Forestry Program. The State is supplying Tree Plotter at no cost to Idaho cities so that a statewide tree inventory is developed. It's easy to train volunteers or employees to use, it's cloud based including photos of the individual trees. And, the reports generated from inventory results offer much needed information that influences urban forestry management and planning decisions. The accuracy of the GPS coordinates is terrific, this helps not only for street trees, but for locating trees growing in parks and green ways. Data collection can be done using any device that has an internet connection, eliminating the need for expensive equipment such as a Trimble.

Cons

Tree Plotter uses Bing or Google maps. It's been my experience that one or the other contains more current imagery. But when you log on to collect data, Bing maps are the default map, even though Google maps may be more current. I'd like it if there were a way to set the default to whichever map was more useful. Also, at least in the Idaho Tree Plotter program, when collecting DBH information, only even inch measurements can be recorded. Measuring growth over time, especially in younger trees, requires measurements to the 1/10th of an inch to accurately assess how vigorous a tree is growing.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy Tree Plotter is helping you be more effective in caring for Idaho's urban forests. Our new App Manager will be out soon that will allow you to customize things like default base map, and fields and values. We will keep you posted when this is released. Thanks again! -Evan

Replied July 2017

Greg

Tree Plotter is SO Much MORE then a Tree Inventory System

The customizing process was very well handled by the Plan-It Geo staff. They asked lots of questions and made quick changes and updates as Forestry staff began to use the software and found things they didn't like or wanted in another place in the database. As Forestry staff have continued to evolve the database whenever they needed assistance with Tree Plotter by either sending an email or by using the in app support responses were quick.

Pros

Completely customizable to include whatever information you want to collect. Scalable to your needs: Tree Plotter can be a simple, basic tree inventory database or by adding desired modules it can become a full fledged work management system. Or you can do appraisals or risk assessments. Its up to your needs and budget. Information can be exported for use in ArcGIS. Some lists you can edit yourself such as adding tree species, there by speeding up adding new trees to your inventory and not needing to send a support ticket to have a tree name added.

Cons

By fully customizing and scaling the software up with modules it can take a little while to understand where different parts of your data is located and how to use the filters to find what you want. Cellular and Wi-Fi connections or having a very large database can slow down the process of adding data. However Tree Plotter does have work around for this such as off line data.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Thank you for the detailed review Greg! We appreciate you taking the time to do so, and your feedback is always valued. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with!

Maria

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Support/Help Desk

The tool has helped us with closing deals, explaining to our clients a scope of work and seeing trees plotted keeps our work laser focused. The down side is that it’s cumbersome to use, I don’t have time to “discover” features and I know we are not utilizing the software to its full potential.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Company have been extremely supportive during our use of the software. The system can easily be modified to suit our specific needs. When reaching out, the response time is immediate with the recommended solution or directions on how to accomplish the task.

Cons

The software is cumbersome and confusing. There are duplicate ways to do certain things. I feel categorizing items into specific buckets would help. It takes five steps to do one thing

Reasons for choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] offered a free trial. We were able to use the software to map 3 properties. He even met us at one to see where we were have issues. He recommended to research our phone plans. We switched to Verizon and we are fine with access and plotting.

Reasons for switching to Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Although ArborPro made promises about services, at the time they we’re in their infancy. They lost us due to false claims. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very clear during his sales process. What was available now and what would be available in the future.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Hi Maria, Thank you for your honest and well thought out review! We are constantly looking for ways to improve TreePlotter's functionality and streamline workflows where applicable. I encourage you to reach out to us at support@planitgeo.com to go over any pending questions you may have and if needed, we can even schedule a short training meeting to go over certain features of the app that you may not be utilizing or be aware of. We're here to help! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Industry: Renewables & Environment