• Pros

• "I truly love that I can use it in all my devices and I can even do it offline, those two things are definitely the ones that I like the most. "

• "The support staff are excellent! They are quick to respond to challenges. "

• "Easy to use and custmer support and training outstanding"

• Cons

• "The offline collection features aren’t the same as the online. While it is very functional it would be nice to have it updated. "

• "It does so many things it can be intimidating however i think that once i get use to it, it will be great."

• "For me the only thing I like the least is the high price of Tree Plotter apart from that is a pretty good software for tree data management and mapping. "

Browse Tree Plotter INVENTORY Reviews

Brian from Schneider Tree Care

Commercial User

When managing large commercial or large residential sites data collection and review is usually the most difficult part. The client usually does not know what he has on property and what services he needs now or in the next year. Collecting the data and presenting the information to the client can help them use their budget efficiently. Most of the time site managers do not realize the clarity that can be provided by implementing a product like this.

Pros

Property management has become simple and profitable through the use of the software. From the beginning consultation with the client all the way through to delivery of the management plan, Tree Plotter has the data we need.

Cons

During the collection process the app has a tendency to slow down when a picture is taken and saved to multiple trees. The best way to overcome this deficiency is to log out, refresh and/or delete browser history and cookies.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback Brian! We appreciate it. Great to see the tool being used to further your business and communicate with clients. Please let us know if we can do anything for you!

Daniel from A.B.C. Consulting Arborists LLC

Best Tree Inventory Software Available

when we first looked into a tree inventory system, we were looking to solve specific data managemnt issues. little did we know how quickly Tree Plotter would be come the center of our operations. The quality of our reports improved as well as all aspects of our tree data services; resulting in our revenue doubling within the first year. The trajectory has continued to climb ever since. We would not be where we are to day had we not invested in Tree Plotter when we did.

Pros

High customization. Support. Comprehensive data collection, filtering, management of data.

Cons

There is a lot of features and functionality to the program that can take a little time to become familiar with. Support is great and is there as needed to walk yo through any issues.

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Best features, price, customization. Able to set up endless users (and clients) with specified access at no additional cost. Overall by far the most comprehensive, highest quality Inventory software with unparalleled support.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Daniel, Thank you so much for that awesome review! As one of our long standing clients, we really do appreciate your loyalty and all the feedback you have provided over the years. Here's to many more! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Lina from King County Parks

Industry: Environmental Services

Review for tree plotter volunteer registration site

The staff were really accessible and responsive to questions. The process of transitioning from Moqup to the actual site was difficult. There was some functionality in the Moqup site that was lost in the transition. One big change was that the data in the final site has to be entered into a spreadsheet where in the Moqup site, we were entering right into a Form which was way faster. With the hand off between staff, there was some information that we had sorted out for the Moqup site that got lost in translation for the final site and we then had to go back and explain why we needed something a certain way. Some of the things that we had decided on in the Moqup version ended up not being possible in the final site and I wish that we had started with the criteria/parameters of the final site at the start of planning. We (King County) did have staffing changes and the scope of the project did change from the original goal so that I definitely do not hold Treeplotter to. I recognize that some of the scope changes put the design of the site more into volunteer registration and less into tracking trees. I have no doubt that the site is amazing for tracking trees. I find it less powerful/efficient for large scale volunteer registration.

Pros

The map feature is neat and allows viewers to see where our projects are located. I appreciated the amount of time staff took to review with me and address my questions and concerns.

Cons

The data entry into spreadsheet is slow and a little clunky. Entering data into a form would be much more efficient, then being able to export it into a spreadsheet vs having to enter directly into the spreadsheet. Template does not leave a lot of opportunity for photo images, more updated and dynamic look. I do recognize that the more customized options can be purchased.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Lina, Thank you so much for your honest review! Even with the staff and scope changes, we tried to accommodate every need to the best of our ability. If you ever feel like there is room for improvements regarding your TreePlotter application, please don't hesitate to reach us at support@planitgeo.com. We're here to help! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Andy from City of Grandview Heights

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Tree Plotter Operations Review

Very pleased and excited about new features they are continuing to come up with.

Pros

Easy, dynamic and robust way to capture data that was very much needed for our organization. Gives me the ability as administrator to create and assign work duties with supporting documentation.

Cons

Some of the features have been a bit confusing to general public (ie: color coding of trees, how to make Service request) but that is probably more about education on our end.

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Seemed easier to use as administrator and data collector. Like how it integrated work module and lots of data table options for reporting.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Andi, Thank you so much for the awesome review! It's been a pleasure working with you and the rest of your team to ensure that everyone is up to speed and using TreePlotter to its full potential. As always, make sure to reach out to support@planitgeo.com with any questions. Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Matthew from RVZ Consulting and Contracting Arborist

Industry: Environmental Services

A must have in our industry.

We have had an exceptional experience using Tree Plotter and dealing with the PlanIt Geo team. The functionality and feature packed software has allowed us to save massive amounts of time. It has streamlined the way we deal with clients and their trees and having all of our clients, both large and small in one place is a must. We have increased productivity as a result of using the user friendly interface and our clients have access to view their data, creating a completely transparent work flow for all.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality and an absolute time saver. Being able to customize data attributes and run reports In a matter of seconds makes Tree Plotter our go to client and tree data management software. The client support is great and the team is always willing to assist with any questions or customizations we may require. The user centric interface makes collecting, managing and mapping data a straight forward process which saves us time in the field and in the office.

Cons

Possibly a more customizable map export function where legends and symbology can be changed to represent more specific attributes.

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Firstly, the dealings we had with the Tree Plotter team gave a feeling that we would be well looked after post purchasing Additionally we felt the functionality of the product aligned well with our needs and requirements.

Reasons for Switching to Tree Plotter INVENTORY

We needed a faster way to collect and manage data. Additionally data security was an issue for us along with data continuity if key employees were to not be around. Tree Plotter solved this for us.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Matthew, Thank you for your honest and detailed review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your TreePlotter experience with us. We work hard to meet expectations like yours and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you! Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

John from City of Bennington

Tree Plotter taking Roots in Bennington

I use the Tree Plotter mostly to create and update our ever changing City Tree inventory but use it equally to assess risk in our parks and Arboretums. I enjoy the portability and it helps me plan ahead for our future plantings and tree development.

Pros

While I have only used Tree Plotter for less than a year, it is one of my most useful Arborist tools in my arsenal. We have been able to create an inventory of the City's trees (still a work in progress), identify the species, assess the tree health and condition, identify all the Ash trees and create a list of the ones we want to treat and the ones we want to remove, assess any potential public risk, create work orders and maintain a record of maintenance that will be passed down and shared with future City employees. I enjoy the mapping aspect of the program the most. I can go anywhere in the City and pull up the tree on my laptop and see what notes we have, assess any trimming needs and most recently, I have added the year the tree was planted (we plant 50-75 trees per year). I love the portability of this tool and enjoy the ease of use. This is a great resource to have.

Cons

There is very little that has been overlooked with this software. If there was anything that is lacking, I have yet to find it. The functionality is very intuitive and easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Our Tree Plotter was offered through the Nebraska Forrest Service who I work with closely. They understood my need to help organize and plan future park, Arboretums and green space developments.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Wow, thanks for the amazing review John! I'm so happy to hear not only that you're using TreePlotter to its full potential but also how much value it brings to the City of Bennington. As always, happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Ruurd from Town of Newmarket

Pros

the keeping track of tree, and work orders

Cons

some of the processes are repetitive and it wont keep common information, such as e mails for sending work orders

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

I think this is the best software for the price and it is exactly what we were looking for. I had used Arborsoftworx in my private business before, which we OK but this is easier to use not quite as intuitive to use but once you understand the product it works well.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Ruurd, Thank you so much for the great review! It's truly been a pleasure working with you and the rest of the team at the Town of Newmarket. We hope you continue to thrive with TreePlotter by your side. Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Maria Maryelis from Instituto Nacional de Estadística - Venezuela

One of the best tool avaliable for tree mapping

Working with Tree Plotter has made my work both in the office and in the field so much easy and efficient.

Cons

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied November 2018

Thanks for the feedback Maria! It is great to know that Tree Plotter has made your work more efficient. Please reach out and let us know if we can do anything for you!

jason from Rutgers SEBS DEENR

a useful tool with multiple value points

Pros

This tool is both functional and easy to use for the purposes of student straining and use. This is useful as well tot he facilities folks who can inherit a support for data-base management. We are very happy with our choice to bring TreePlotter into or course planning and student activities portfolio

Cons

Hard pressed on this point. We have noticed that there needs to be some care in identification as names can be regional, or the listing on-board nudges the student to occasionally misidentify.... but to be honest, that is on our end, and that error becomes a great teaching point....

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Jason, Thanks for the great review! Species identification is no easy feat so I definitely feel for your students! The good news is that basic tree information, such as species, can always be modified at a later time which like you mentioned, makes for a great learning experience. Glad to hear TreePlotter has met all your expectations and has even worked its way into the classroom. Make sure to reach out to us with any questions at support@planitgeo.com. Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Great resource!

Pros

I love the ease of access and understanding for new users and residents of our city (Grand Rapids). Our volunteers and supporters are amazed when I tell them about this tool, and it is one of the most popular tools we share on our website. I even share this tool with kids at some of our school events, and it is

Cons

Neighborhood boundaries have changed in our city, so they don't match up 100% anymore.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the review and positive feedback! We should be able to update those neighborhood boundaries as well if provided with current data. Let us know how we can help!

Elise from Canopy

Industry: Program Development

Plan-it Geo is a professional, hard-working company with a fantastic product I'm proud to use.

With Tree Plotter we engage the public to plot private yard trees on our map, view public trees, and take self-guided tree walks. This enables us to better understand the composition of our urban forest and associated ecosystem benefits calculations. Not to mention, people will learn about the trees around them and hopefully become more informed about trees and advocate for planting and proper care. Tree Plotter also allows us to track our organization's tree planting and tree care activities on a digital map, for the first time! We also engage volunteers to survey trees in several programs, providing regular data on the status and needed care for young urban trees.

Pros

Our organization needed a platform to 1) engage the public in plotting trees, and 2)help us manage our programs better. We reviewed several tree mapping software programs/providers, and chose to subscribe to Plan-it Geo's Tree Plotter system because we felt that the team and products would best suit our needs for the present and near future. The customer service is fast and attentive, with a skilled team that works with us to craft a custom map that we can use effectively. The software is user-friendly and highly customizable, which helps us create a tool that does what we want and looks how we want it to look. They also have several add-on tools that you can purchase when you have funding, or leave out if you don't need it. Being able to pay for what you need and not what you don't was a nice model for us.

Cons

As Plan-it Geo grows and evolves, we hope they will continue to take our suggestions to allow us (clients) the ability to customize some things on our own. It really helps speed things up if we are able to make some changes to our Tree Plotter map structure without asking them first. I think the only thing that is still an issue is some slowness and incompatibility with various Apple devices. It works great on android devices I've used, but many of our users with iPhones can have a tougher time with loading the map/features quickly. Any other things we've expressed a desire to see changed has been taken into consideration and they've shown that they value our feedback and make changes based on client wishes - which is awesome!

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied May 2018

Elise- Thank you so much for such a wonderful and thought out review! We appreciate you taking the time to do so! We've enjoyed working with you and your team to help make Tree Plotter work for you all, and look forward to doing so into the future. Thanks again! Matt & Plan-It Geo

Gerry from Idaho Community Forestry Program

Easy to learn, easy to use, and accurate. Reports are great!

Pros

I work in the Idaho Community Forestry Program. The State is supplying Tree Plotter at no cost to Idaho cities so that a statewide tree inventory is developed. It's easy to train volunteers or employees to use, it's cloud based including photos of the individual trees. And, the reports generated from inventory results offer much needed information that influences urban forestry management and planning decisions. The accuracy of the GPS coordinates is terrific, this helps not only for street trees, but for locating trees growing in parks and green ways. Data collection can be done using any device that has an internet connection, eliminating the need for expensive equipment such as a Trimble.

Cons

Tree Plotter uses Bing or Google maps. It's been my experience that one or the other contains more current imagery. But when you log on to collect data, Bing maps are the default map, even though Google maps may be more current. I'd like it if there were a way to set the default to whichever map was more useful. Also, at least in the Idaho Tree Plotter program, when collecting DBH information, only even inch measurements can be recorded. Measuring growth over time, especially in younger trees, requires measurements to the 1/10th of an inch to accurately assess how vigorous a tree is growing.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied July 2017

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy Tree Plotter is helping you be more effective in caring for Idaho's urban forests. Our new App Manager will be out soon that will allow you to customize things like default base map, and fields and values. We will keep you posted when this is released. Thanks again! -Evan

Greg from South Suburban Parks and Recreation

Tree Plotter is SO Much MORE then a Tree Inventory System

The customizing process was very well handled by the Plan-It Geo staff. They asked lots of questions and made quick changes and updates as Forestry staff began to use the software and found things they didn't like or wanted in another place in the database. As Forestry staff have continued to evolve the database whenever they needed assistance with Tree Plotter by either sending an email or by using the in app support responses were quick.

Pros

Completely customizable to include whatever information you want to collect. Scalable to your needs: Tree Plotter can be a simple, basic tree inventory database or by adding desired modules it can become a full fledged work management system. Or you can do appraisals or risk assessments. Its up to your needs and budget. Information can be exported for use in ArcGIS. Some lists you can edit yourself such as adding tree species, there by speeding up adding new trees to your inventory and not needing to send a support ticket to have a tree name added.

Cons

By fully customizing and scaling the software up with modules it can take a little while to understand where different parts of your data is located and how to use the filters to find what you want. Cellular and Wi-Fi connections or having a very large database can slow down the process of adding data. However Tree Plotter does have work around for this such as off line data.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the detailed review Greg! We appreciate you taking the time to do so, and your feedback is always valued. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with!

Maria from Atlas Tree Service

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Support/Help Desk

The tool has helped us with closing deals, explaining to our clients a scope of work and seeing trees plotted keeps our work laser focused. The down side is that it’s cumbersome to use, I don’t have time to “discover” features and I know we are not utilizing the software to its full potential.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Company have been extremely supportive during our use of the software. The system can easily be modified to suit our specific needs. When reaching out, the response time is immediate with the recommended solution or directions on how to accomplish the task.

Cons

The software is cumbersome and confusing. There are duplicate ways to do certain things. I feel categorizing items into specific buckets would help. It takes five steps to do one thing

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] offered a free trial. We were able to use the software to map 3 properties. He even met us at one to see where we were have issues. He recommended to research our phone plans. We switched to Verizon and we are fine with access and plotting.

Reasons for Switching to Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Although ArborPro made promises about services, at the time they we’re in their infancy. They lost us due to false claims. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very clear during his sales process. What was available now and what would be available in the future.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Maria, Thank you for your honest and well thought out review! We are constantly looking for ways to improve TreePlotter's functionality and streamline workflows where applicable. I encourage you to reach out to us at support@planitgeo.com to go over any pending questions you may have and if needed, we can even schedule a short training meeting to go over certain features of the app that you may not be utilizing or be aware of. We're here to help! Abel & PlanIT Geo

John from Earth Advisors

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Review from John Harris of Earth Advisors

The simplistic user interface makes it easy to learn and use, but having the data input window scroll and reset each time a data field is entered takes time to scroll back to the next data field to enter and is frustrating. The background aerial photos work well, but we want to be able to zoom to smaller scale in the Google Earth Map than the overall Tree Plotter subscription for the aerials allows. We usually download the shp files and make our own ArcGIS maps so we can input our company title block and needed labeling, and to allow for setting the print scale to not have overlapping points. We continue to use and expand our use of Tree Plotter, and continue to provide useful feedback and revision ideas to Plan It Geo staff for improving the program. Thanks for working with us for a better shared environment.

Pros

Operates well in any mobile device we have used from tablets and handheld data recorders to phones. The real time and multi user environment allows us to both monitor our staff in the field and also for everyone to work cooperatively in completing inventories and damage assessments. We use Tree Plotter for full landscape inventories and contractor work audits, as well as tree surveys and tree inventories.

Cons

We do not want our work, or our client list, to be visible to others, as we have many competitive advantages and legally protected work products in our projects. Having our Tree Plotter account visible to anyone who can enter the url has been an issue for us that we want resolved so our account is not publically visible at all.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied November 2018

Hi John- Thanks for the review! We appreciate it. Also, we'll be reaching out regarding the data visibility you mentioned and hopefully taking care of that for you.

Kelly from Tree New Mexico

Industry: Renewables & Environment

A Tool For Urban Forestry

Our ability including the efficiency we experience tracking each and every tree we plant in neighborhoods throughout the city of Albuquerque is significantly enhanced by using the Tree Plotter program. We are able to train novice neighborhood leaders in its use providing them with faster and more accurate accounting of the trees being placed. We are able to create reports on when where and how many trees were or have been planted for the city councilors who paid for them. We are able to communicate with our funding partners (USFS and State FS) regarding our tree planting programs and projects. More recently we expanded our programming and use to include orcharding and fruit trees. We are partnering with an organization that gleans fruit throughout the city called Food Is Free. It has been equally helpful to them in their operations.

Pros

The ability to use a tablet or smart phone. This makes the tool readily accessible, even to those who are computer shy.

Cons

There were things we wanted to do that were not possible because of the software layout. These limitations were disappointing, but not a game breaker.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Wow, thank you so much for the great review, Kelly! It's been a pleasure working with you and the rest of the team over at Tree New Mexico. It fills me with joy knowing how much value TreePlotter brings to your organization. Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Marcella from Koreatown Youth & Community Center

The Best Way To Stay Organized

Overall, I like that this software is relatively easy to use, highly customizable, and is integrated with many of the programs we already use. I only wish that it was more compatible with similar programs to make collaboration with our partner organizations easier.

Pros

I like that this software is very customizable and can be built to serve our organization's specific needs, which helps us stay really organized. I also like that TreePlotter has export to Excel capabilities and Google Maps integration.

Cons

I wish the admin level users had even more editing/customization capabilities and control over the order of specific fields. I also wish there was better cross compatibility with other similar programs as not all the organizations we work with use TreePlotter.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Marcella, Wow, thank you so much for that awesome review! It fills me with joy to hear how much you and your organization have benefited from using TreePlotter for the last couple of years! Thank you for your continued support. Here's to many more! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Dylan from San Francisco State University

Industry: Facilities Services

Best Tree Inventory Software

My experience has been great. I love the customer service.

Pros

I think the best thing about tree plotter is the visual layout of the trees and the search capabilities. It makes it really easy and fun to interact with the software. Also, the fact that tree plotter can be customized to the needs of my organization makes it fit our work flow really nicely. Probably the best part about tree plotter is the customer service and the fast response I get from Tree Plotter developers.

Cons

I think some of the work flows to do with work management could be streamlined more. Also, it would be nice if tree plotter had some kind of calendar feature built in where we could pull up a schedule of work and due dates.

Reasons for Switching to Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Arborpro was not user friendly and bad customer service.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied June 2019

Thank you so much for that thought out review Dylan! We pride ourselves on having a very versatile product with a great support staff to back it up. We actually have two rounds of updates coming out this summer in regards to the Work Order Management so stay tuned! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Pieter from Cairns Regional Council

Tree Plotter in Local Government

Ability to provide quick feedback and reporting to management.

Pros

Functionality is great and it has many reporting tools to use for Urban Forest Management. Great IT support!

Cons

Much of the systems is still not available in metric measurement, although it is being worked on I believe. The CTLA Valuation system is difficult to work with.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Pieter, Thank you so much for the honest review! While some components of TreePlotter cannot currently handle the metric system (e.g. Ecosystem Benefits module), most of the app is completely customizable and able to meet the needs of our international clientele. Our support team is top notch so make sure to continue to reach out to us with any questions. Cheers! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Nathan from Wachtel Tree Science

Industry: Environmental Services

A necessary tool for communication

Tree Plotter has become an essential tool of communication in our daily operations. We brought Tree Plotter into our Consulting Operations as a means to offer our same premium level consulting services to a wider range of clients. We have had success with that goal, and have realized a "TREEmendous" benefit of better communication internally between management, sales, and production staff. We utilize Tree Plotter to create maps for our various Plant Health Care treatments. These maps allow our sales staff to efficiently gather data for these treatments and easily share high quality maps to our production staff to access from their smart phones in the field. We could not be happier!

Pros

The design of Tree Plotter is user-friendly and professionally functional.

Cons

The early days (2015) required an internet connect to utilize the app. This was difficult for some of our rural and remote client properties. PG solved this problem with the offline functionality!

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied July 2019

Nathan, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this well thought out review! We have certainly come a long way from when we first started and continuously work to push the bar higher and higher. Thanks for being such a great client throughout all these years. We really appreciate your business! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Katie from City of Coeur d'Alene

Tree Plotter Review

This has been incredibly helpful for our data collection methods, which were previously collected on paper then inputted in to the computer. It has streamlined this process to a great extent!

Pros

Efficient data collection. Ease of use. Data compilation to show summary. Sorting capabilities.

Cons

Have had some glitches, including data incorrectly calculating. Difficulty to attach photos in the field (however that may be a problem with our connection..) Would like to have parcel information available - click for property owner info would be helpful.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied November 2018

Thanks for the review Katie! We are glad that Tree Plotter has helped your workflow. Adding parcel information is certainly possible within the application and can be done a few different ways depending on the data format.

Stacy from University of Kentucky

Tree Plotter Review

Pros

The customization and features offered are far superior to the previous inventory software we were using.

Cons

The Tree Risk Assessment Module does not reflect the complete TRA form and could be improved.

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

TreePlotter had all of the add on modules I was hoping for and the unlimited users was a big factor. The alternative products did not come close to offering the services that TreePlotter does.

Reasons for Switching to Tree Plotter INVENTORY

We switched to have a more robust tool that is accessible by an unlimited number of users and from any platform.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great review Stacy! Glad to hear that you love TreePlotter and its versatile functionality. We are always looking for ways to increase the value of the add on modules and that process starts with our users input so I really appreciate your feedback! Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Chris from Acres Group

Great product and support

I use Tree Plotter to map trees on townhome association properties that we do lawn and tree maintenance on. It is great to be able to give the production crews a map and spreadsheet listing the trees they need to work on.

Pros

I love this software! The company is very good about always updating it based a lot on customer feedback and requests. Customer support is great and they always respond quickly. My issues are sometimes self inflicted but I think I have helped them improve the product based on my suggestions.

Cons

Nothing that hasn't been fixed.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied June 2019

Chris, thank you so much for that great review! We love providing our clients with the tools they need to be more efficient with their business. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Luke from Town of Wake Forest

Tree Plotter is key to our success

We use Tree Plotter to communicate with our in house tree crews and contractors to save time. We also use it to track health and size.

Pros

Tree Plotter is very easy to use and the support is terrific. One one occasion, I deleted the majority of our data. One quick phone call and everything was restored.

Cons

Its not the easiest software to use in the field.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the awesome review, Luke! We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and quality of service at PlanIT Geo and are always here to help. Make sure to reach out to us with any questions you may have including how to maximize the software's performance out in the field. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Jessi from Tacoma Tree Foundation

Useful for Tree Maintenance and Urban Forest Management

Overall Treeplotter is a great mapping service but our needs are starting to look too small for what they offer. I can see how, if we were a medium to large organization caring for trees year round all across the a city, Treeplotter would be amazing for tree care and updates on tree needs. There are so many options and customizations that there are endless platform changes. We use it partially because the city uses it also.

Pros

First, the customer service has been outstanding. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been so helpful with tips and tricks and editing user roles to help fit what we need. He is very quick to get back to me by email and video chat. Second, this software is great for entities that need to maintain trees or manage urban forests closely for disease, wounds and pruning needs. There is so much that it offers for large scale operations.

Cons

In redefining our organization we do not need many of the features that Treeplotter provides. We are not maintaining the trees beyond watering and possibly pruning a few years down the road. The main need for us is as a way to document trees we have delivered and planted or to invite the public to showcase their trees. Treeplotter does not allow anyone without an account to add in trees. So as an administrator I have to manually add people so they can add a tree or use a third party map for them to add trees then I add them to Treeplotter myself.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Wow Jessi, thank you so much for that honest and detailed review! It's truly been a pleasure working with you and Sarah these last few months. Here's to many more! Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Daniel from A.B.C. Consulting Arborists LLCj

Consultants must have!

Pros

Very comprehensive and customizable Everything a consult needs to inventory or document trees and plants. Increases productivity and reduces the time need to write professional reports. And most of all my competitors don’t have it and I have a great competitive advantage, haven’t lost a project since I purchased Tree Plotter.

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Price, customer service, no limit on users, features and easy of use.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review, Daniel! We love hearing about our clients taking full advantage of TreePlotter! We recently released our biggest software update in years which includes a major overhaul to the reports section. If you haven't checked that out I highly encourage you to do so. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Corinne from Alliance for the Chesapeake bay

Great support staff!

Pros

The support staff are excellent! They are quick to respond to challenges.

Cons

Not as user friendly (public interface-wise) as we hoped it would be

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied July 2019

Corinne, thank you so much for your review! We are constantly trying to improve TreePlotter's interface and have it be more streamlined for our users. We actually just released our biggest update in years and think you will find it to be very useful. As always, feel free to contact us at support@planitgeo.com with any additional questions or concerns you may have. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Sean from City of Vallejo

Industry: Public Safety

Urban forest diversity

We are figuring out how diverse our urban forest is regarding tree species and age of trees

Pros

Ease of use in regards to mass population changes with the click of a button. The ability to add on more features as our needs grow.

Cons

I cant think of anything at the moment. In the future I will need it to talk to our new work order system for in house tree work.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied September 2019

Sean, thank you so much for the great review! Glad to hear TreePlotter is meeting all your urban forestry needs. Make sure to reach out to us whenever you're ready to talk about how to best incorporate TreePlotter with your current work order system, we're here to help! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Cory from City of Kirkwood

My experience with Tree Plotter has been nothing but positive. Supportive staff and easy of use!

Pros

The Customer service and frequent webinars/training is one of the best aspects of this product. It takes a lot of the confusion out of a software that offers so many different functional options. The folks here are always looking to improve the functionality and make it easier for the end-user to achieve their individual needs and goals.

Cons

This has already been addressed and at this time, and I have no complaints with the software itself.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied May 2018

Thanks so much for the review Cory! We are glad you have had such a positive experience. As you know we're always here to help. You can reach us at support@planitgeo.com Thanks again! Matt & Plan-It Geo

Matthew from City of Playford

Tree details page

Improved flow of work into everyday operations in the field.

Pros

User friendly, able to tailor the needs and make necessary changes to program to suit capturing the right information while out in the field.

Cons

Integration into existing business. Mapping image needs to be updated.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Matthew, Thanks for the great review! Since we use Google's mapping services, unfortunately, we have no say in how often the satellite imagery gets updated. The good news is that we do have the ability to integrate imagery if you happen to have that kind of data at your disposal. Make sure to reach out to support@planitgeo.com with any questions. We're here to help, cheers! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Pieter from Cairns Regional Council

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Tree Plotter User

Very responsive customer service, which makes all the difference when dealing with questions. Transferring data from our old system was handled well and subsequent changes was not a hassle to the personnel. Very positive can-do attitude.

Pros

Easy to use and fast with no need for synchronization of tree data. It's all live!

Cons

I can't buy all the packages. The CTLA valuation system is very complex and not easy to use

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied July 2019

Pieter, thank you for the excellent review mate! We pride ourselves on having a great support team and work very hard to meet our clients expectations. As always, let us know if there is anything we can do to continue to enrich your experience with TreePlotter. Keep on plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Anaisa from Keep Indianapolis Beautiful

Everything has been amazing.

Everything that we find that needs to be fixed costumer service is on it every time!

Pros

Everything is all in one software! Ordering trees, maintenance and all the info about our trees!

Cons

Using the software in a cellphone or tablet it can become really slow. Maybe having an app it would work faster.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied June 2019

Anaisa, thank you so much for that great review! TreePlotter's performance is dependent on a few different factors including the device you use and how strong your internet connection is. I would love for you to reach out to us at support@planitgeo.com to further discuss this topic and see how we can better assist you with this. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Jennifer from Urban Canopy Works

Industry: Environmental Services

Very user friendly - for the beginner or advanced user

The software has allowed us to expand our business to new client and to offer value-added services to existing clients.

Pros

The software is pretty intuitive right out of the box. But even customizing it is easy too. The best aspect of the software is the online and off-line technical assistance available. The library of tutorials are quick and to the point.

Cons

There are various extra modules, functions and features beyond the basic software that are available for a fee, but some of these are common features that should come with the basic subscription package.

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Easier to use and slightly less expensive

Reasons for Switching to Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Easier to use and slightly less expensive.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Jennifer, Thank you so much for the great review and your allegiance throughout these last few years! Here's to many more! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Charles from Legacy Arborist Services

Tree Plotter Urban Forestry Software

Glad we purchased a subscription.

Pros

I use this product for any application requiring mapping and field data collection. Variety of helpful features to focus and query on particular records.

Cons

Internet connectivity sometimes poses a problem. Would also like more flexibility for customizing some features. For example, choosing colors for species dots.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Charles, Thank you for the awesome review! We do have the Offline add-on module that was designed specifically for areas with little to no internet connection. Feel free to reach out to support@planitgeo.com with any questions, we're here to help! Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Dale from Sims Tree Health Specialist

Arborist, Sim Tree Health Specialist

Our company has been using Tree Plotter for the last 3 years. We are now able to offer a tree survey service to our customers not available to us before Tree Plotter. The program is easy to use. Customer service is excellent. Whenever we have a question there is an answer right away. The program has evolved to help us better serve our customers. During the short time we have been using Tree Plotter are business in this area has grown enough to support a full time employee.

Pros

Ease of entering data about the trees into the program with all the information needed.

Cons

At times depending on the location we are working the program is slow. But this weekend new developments in the program will impover this area of concern.

Kyle from Coulson Bros Arboriculture

Industry: Environmental Services

Amazing application with outstanding support

Pros

Very user friendly making it a breeze when collecting data on large sites. Exporting the data into spreadsheets was easy and allowed you to filter the data as required. The TreePlotter support team were top notch as they answered my emails over the weekend and were there to help when I had questions, and I had a lot of them!

Cons

Photo uploads are exported separately from the data adding time in preparing reports when tethering photos to the data. Once sorted with a proper spreadsheet template, it was a breeze.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied November 2018

Thanks for the feedback Kyle! We've enjoyed working with you and are always here to help!

Guy from Tree Care LLC

Great product and Serive

Pros

Easy to use and custmer support and training outstanding

Cons

Loading time can depend on data and wifi

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Support service and free training

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied July 2019

Guy, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this great review! We truly appreciate your business. I'm glad you have continued to have a positive experience with TreePlotter throughout the last couple of years. Keep on plotting my friend! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Mike from University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Tree plotter

It is intimidating at first. We are just getting started with it.

Pros

Very versatile, many people can sign on and view which I can control who see what. I know that our sustainability director will like the Eco benefits. you can keep track of so many things. I am pretty sure our Contracted Arborist will really like it. This will also help me with other departments we can plot items other than trees.

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

The fact that is online and I can let other people on my tree campus USA committee view it. I can also control what parts of it they can view. The price for what you get was very good.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great review Mike! Glad to hear you and your team are taking full advantage of TreePlotter. Make sure to reach out to us with any questions!

Shannon from New Mexico State Forestry

Tree Plotter Review

I am working with a small community group to inventory trees in Las Vegas, New Mexico. We are assessing street trees, park trees and trees accessible from the public right-of-way throughout the city.

Pros

Once the software is set up it is easy to use with local volunteer groups and students in our community.

Cons

I do not like that a WIFI connection is required for the GPS to work, it would help to be able to ground-truth tree locations now and then to stay on track. The program was glitchy when first setting up and the maps did not always load correctly.

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Tree Plotter is the product that has been used by our State Community Forestry Program Manager so I was familiar with the product and it helps to keep the inventory efforts across the state uniform at this point.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied July 2019

Shannon, thank you so much for that great review! It's great to hear that things have progressively gotten better for you and that TreePlotter has become an important tool for your every day tasks. We are constantly looking at ways to improve TreePlotter's interface and functionalities and truly appreciate your feedback. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Rick from City of Bowie

From the research in the beginning to the implementation and follow up, this has been excellent.

Confidence that we will yield an accurate up-to-date inventory and use the benefits statistics to our administrative advantage.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, and long term stability. We have trained an intern do begin the inventory of 17,000+ trees, and he is already independently almost done with 1/2 of the work in 3 months.

Cons

I might have appreciated some face time with the staff as I might have more easily understood some of the ins and outs of the program...that being said, we are now easily able to create the inventory but might need help working through other possibilities using the software as we expand its utility for our City.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied July 2017

Thank you for the review Rick! In-person training is always preferred, but we try to make the best out of screen shares and online resources as an alternative. It would be great to meet up at some point! In the meantime, feel free to send any questions or concerns to support@planitgeo.com for a quick response. Thanks again. - Plan-It Geo

Tony from City of Playford

Tonys review

Benefits of having tree plotter are huge when having mobile data of tree assets

Pros

Ease of use is the best thing with data at hand of all tree assets

Cons

Integration of existing software packages

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Tony, Thanks for the great review! I must say historically speaking, integrations haven't always been our strong suit. With that said however, we have made tremendous improvements in this area in the last 6-12 months and I highly encourage you to reach out to us at support@planitgeo.com to discuss this in greater detail. We're here to help and make sure that you are using TreePlotter to its full potential. Cheers! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Ralph from Stafford Country Club

Tree inventory of a private golf course, for planning and management of removals and plantings.

Our traditional old golf course was built in 1921 & 1922. It had been primarily open farmland with few trees left on the playing field. Over time, many mistakes were made planting trees of the wrong specie and in the wrong locations for the health of the turf, for maintenance, and from a golf course architectural perspective. I was involved with a Certified Arborist and fellow member to create an inventory, for which we selected Tree Plotter. First we used the free version, but quickly realized its limits and value. We then leased the full version and have not looked back. We could remove as many as 650 trees +/- over time. the emrgent and more immediate benefit is that we have identified and located several hundred ash tress on and surrounding the golf course proper. The significance is the emerald ash borer infestation here in Western NY. They are surrounding us and have been detected on our property. Tree Plotter has us prepared and able to quantify our exposure.

Pros

Functionality and access from a number of platforms.

Cons

Especially early on, the ability to customize it down to our limited needs.

Greg from Fargo Park District

Industry: Government Relations

Fargo Parks, Landscape Dept

Pros

It takes a while to figure this program out, but once you do, it is easy to make Work Records and Jobs for my crews. I do like that there are multiple ways of doing the same task. You can find a routine that works for you.

Cons

I work for the Fargo Park District Forestry dept. I am in charge of the landscape department. I use a layer that we put amenities in(i.e. my landscape beds.). One thing I don't like is that the program always defaults back to the tree layer.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied July 2019

Greg, thank you so much for the great review! We really do appreciate your business. There are many ways to customize your app including users and permissions settings. I would encourage you to contact us at support@planitgeo.com to further discuss this and see if we can find a way to have the Amenities layer be set to the default layer for your particular account. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Josh from UC Santa Cruz

Industry: Facilities Services

Tree Plotter

Tree Plotter has been great. The ease of use, customer service, and ability to expand functionality is just what we needed in a tree inventory software.

Pros

The software is easy to use and intuitive. The ease of use for inputting data makes it a breeze to get started.

Cons

I wish it had a function where you could see yourself in real time on the map.

Reasons for Choosing Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Customer service was a big factor, As well as software featureas

Reasons for Switching to Tree Plotter INVENTORY

Was not happy with previous software.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Josh, Thank you so much for the awesome review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Remember that TreePlotter is web based and therefore allows you to have multiple users logged in at once which makes it very easy for you to see what others are modifying and/or adding in real time. As always, feel free to reach out to us with any questions at support@planitgeo.com. Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Kristoffer from City of Dallas Urban Forestry

Industry: Public Safety

City of Dallas Street Repair Division Urban Forestry

Pros

Tree Plotter is easy to use and very intuitive. The custom features are great and the customer support is first class. The add on modules are great options to grow into as we utilize the Tree Plotter program.

Cons

I truly don't have anything negative to say about the software. I wish I could dedicated a full time person to enter data and managing the program.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied July 2019

Wow, thank you so much for that incredible review, Kristoffer! We work very hard to meet expectations like yours and we're happy to hear we hit that mark for you. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and for being such a loyal client these last couple of years. Keep on plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Sultana from City Of Whittlesea

We completed a 12 month trial of a different type of tree inventory software system - Tree Plot

Seamlessly integrated modules of Tree Plotter and all its capabilities

Pros

Tree Plotter has the capacity to replace Citywide’s current Inventory system that we rely on called ‘TRAX’ and would be a way we can track CRM outcomes, request, record Inspections, seamlessly issue Work to multiple crews.

Cons

It has powerful Urban Forest reporting tools with integrated iTree functions but never gets a chance to use LiDER data for tree canopy mapping. The thing we didn’t test is our Trees QMS which is currently in ARC Collector.

Response from PlanIT Geo

Replied July 2020

Hi Sultana, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! I'm glad to hear that your transition into TreePlotter has been smooth! Remember that you can always reach out to support@planitgeo.com with any questions you may have and even request an additional training meeting if you feel it necessary. Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Betta from Tree New mexico

Tree plotter

Love tree plotter for helping us design tree plantings.

Pros

Ability for multiple users and the support.

Cons

Would like to be able to customize tree species colors. Not quite able to hardwire these in yet.

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied July 2019

Thanks for that thoughtful review, Betta! I am so glad to hear that you are loving TreePlotter and putting it great use. There is a way to customize the color of the tree species that get displayed in TreePlotter, however, depending on how large your tree species list is, this may hard to achieve. If you have a few species that you think could definitely be changed or would like to talk more about this, please reach out to us at support@planitgeo.com. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

David from Idaho Department of Lands

Tree Plotter Statewide Application

Tree Plotter is an easy to use, visual and web-based tree inventory program. The statewide version allows use of the software by cities for their tree inventories, and for the state to roll up that information statewide. This aids in targeting assistance efforts and planning for potential invasive species. Customer support is excellent--issues are often resolved within hours of a request. The program is intuitive, visually displays results, has many built in statistical tables and charts that can be linked with advanced queries. Overall an excellent tool at a good price.

Pros

Ease of use, good customer support, no software to install, visual, good value.

Cons

Because it depends on an internet connection, it can be slow if the connection is slow.

Hal from Industrial District Green

Great technology at a reasonable price

As a small greening organization operating in the Industrial District of downtown LA, we must keep a close eye on our trees to guarantee their survivability. Plan-It GEO's tree-plotting software combined with various add-ons has been a huge help in mapping and tracking the status of our trees to ensure they reach maturity. Our Program Director Gabrielle Newmark, a CA licensed landscape architect, said she had been looking for something like this for years. And while the current platform supports most of our needs, the development team at Plan-It GEO is regularly releasing updates and enhancements. We look forward to growing with Plan-It GEO in the application of geospatial technologies to the management of urban forests.

Pros

Functionality and user friendliness.

Cons

Haven't used it sufficiently to find any glaring issues.

Jerry from St. Louis Community College

Tree Plotter Review

Pros

This software has helped us organize our tree inventory and has a small learning curve. We were able to train new people on the software easily.

Cons

The software is a little slow to download sometimes

Response from Plan-It Geo

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the review, Jerry! We're so happy to hear that TreePlotter has helped you better organize your tree inventory. As always, reach out to us at support@planitgeo.com with any questions you may have. Keep on plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo