• Pros

• "What I like the most about this software is that it is so user friendly. Love the fact that I can locate a technician at any time."

• "Easy access, Technical support is amazing ..and the follow -up from the staff is spectacular"

• "its easy to use to locate a truck. I really like the feature where i can get directions to a truck it is such a useful tool. "

• Cons

• "Software is fine but customer service is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!"

• "Software is good the service not so much I had to call about getting a new unit about 4 weeks until they finally got back to me"

• "I think it is a little bit expensive, but we have to have it so we have to pay it. "

Browse Reveal Field Reviews

Cindy from ELEVATED SERVICES, LLC

It's one of the best purchases our company ever made.

We love this software, and we have cut down on employees unapproved use of company vehicles and improved employee driving safety by using it.

Pros

We've been using Fleetmatics, now Verizon Reveal, for years. We initially signed up with them because we wanted to keep track of what employees were doing in our company vehicles, but this software is capable of so much more. From tracking our oil changes to sending us alerts when employees are speeding, we use this every day. The customer service is amazing also, and there's a pretty nice referral program.

Cons

It recently went through a revamp, and we did a training for the new system about a year before it was actually released. It was a little bit of a messy transition, but once we downloaded the new apps to our phones and got over the hump of getting everyone back on the same page, it's been amazing. The upgraded graphical user interface and new features are great.

Heather from jck

amazing!

It has been very good, overall it was easy to use and have not had a problem with the service so far.

Pros

Extremely easy to use, Granular functionality for alerts personalizable dashboards, Great monitoring features.

Cons

Long contract periods, this service is actually quite expensive. I wish there was some type of price break, Must install system yourself.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

It just had a update and we wanted to try it out for ourselves.

Tanya from Alpha Comfort Control

Tracking app

It is a great cost cutting software for business in which there employees are travelling because you can know where they were and how much time they spent on each jobs.

Pros

It is a great tracking app for your employees. You can install the device in the employees car and it will track their location for each and every time of the day. It will not just only tell the location of your vehicle but will also notify if they are speeding or if they are sitting in the car for long time and are not travelling. You just have to log in to your account, select the vehicle you want the location for and select the date and you have all your data.

Cons

The customer support for the software is not so good. You have to call them and the waiting times are generally long.

Shawn from The Wagner Companies

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

We Cried out for Help a Long Time

Since we switched to ELD, absolute kaaos and mayhem. Sold us a product that wouldn't work with 2019 Kenworth. Our tablets were outdated, salesman never checked. We had to purchase $$$ tablets. The HOS violations report didn't work for 8 months. Vehicles we asked to be removed stayed in since 2016 (3 years). Could not provide a cable for a 2019 Kenworth for over 6 months. We were literally forced to go to a competitor. Our account rep was absolutely horrible. The fellow we got at the end was nice, but it was too late by then.

Pros

We liked Fleetmatics. We liked that power units and trailers could go on one page. We liked the reports the program offered. The Irish were friendly, and easy to work with. They were always knowledgeable, and helpful.

Cons

The tablets lost connection with the truck in no cell service areas. Verizon never announced updates. When updates occurred, they would interfere (take presidence) over the logbook in use, blocking drivers from logging in/out from breaks, and creating excessive unassigned miles. The gps would say 195 miles when we travelled 12 miles, not accurate. A vehicle we did not own showed up in our fleet. Vin numbers and vehicle data came up missing. Very unpredictable and inaccurate data. Portions of the program were inop for long periods of time. Notifications for events occurring in the future, how does that happen? Techs support not all on the same page as far as procedure when we called in. Some fixed things, others said there was no fix. Clearly not all trained, and the gap is huge. Some were argumentative.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

We chose to leave Verizon, and went with a different supplier, so we could stay in compliance. Verizon could not provide us a cable for a 2019 Kenworth. We are only allowed 8 days paper, not 8 months.

Reasons for Switching to Reveal Field

Verizon bought Fleetmatics, we didn't get a choice.

Keith from Sound Advice and Video

Industry: Security and Investigations

customer service sucks!

The product works but if you need service pray and that doesn’t help! let’s attempt to get it fixed then we’re looking for another provider!

Pros

The software works and it’s easy to use but God for bid if you have a problem with the equipment

Cons

no matter what you try emailing her phone the people seem to be brain dead promises and nothing happens. schedule an appointment and they never showed up. i’m going for over a month.

Becky from All Points Limousine

verizon is too big to care

Terrible. Verizon is about verizon customers are the dirt under their feet. They made so many mistakes that they could not and would not correct but then still charge as if they had done their job. This is by far my least favorite company. I look forward to the day a disruptor comes into their space and changes the way they must go to market to stay alive.

Pros

the ease of use, app was good.................

Cons

the errors it had, it could never be corrected, the customer service was non existent, the software is good but the company sucks so bad I cancelled.

Reasons for Switching to Reveal Field

I must have GPS on my fleet and samsara was has an excellent product that they are constantly updating and making better.

Jason from Beacon Mechanical Service

Industry: Oil & Energy

Tracking Our Team

Pros

The basics of the software are sound. Using the software is fairly easy and the mobile app is solid.

Cons

Lots of glitches and the web interface is constantly down. We see lots of lags in reporting as well.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

We originally went with Fleetmatics (before they became Verizon Connect). They seemed to be one of the best at the time.

Tammy from Love Plumbing, Air, Electric

Overpriced for what you get

When we signed up the company was Fleetmatics, Verizon bought them at some point - which we did not know, no one ever called on us, etc. Found out from our Verizon phone dude...

Pros

Live map view on the website works and it is difficult for an employee to remove from the vehicle

Cons

Doesn't integrate with our dispatching software as promised. A representative from the company has to install and remove the units. Support is very non responsive. We are being charged for more vehicles than we actually have and can get no results. Too expensive for the functionality and the results we get. Contracts are too long - I have come to conclude that companies that make you sign long contracts do so because they know they will give you bad service.

Reasons for Switching to Reveal Field

We were promised better integration with our software, which has never happened.

Don from COMTEX

struggling

Pros

There is no feature that I believe stands out from the others I have used.

Cons

Compared to use of others, Reveal seems to be behind the software. I was given a bunch of lines to purchase the product and then once I did, none of the promises were handled. Customer service is slow to react, calls back at times after hours. They have gotten better but the past treatment still leaves a tough decision.

Reasons for Switching to Reveal Field

Because I was told how good the customer service is at Fleetmatics and the tracking system was to be so much better.

Steve from ScanTek

BUYER BEWARE DO NOT BUT!!! Dont ignore the reviews

The absolute worst company I have ever dealt with

Pros

I originally liked the Large name “verizon” but Do not be fooled. Buyer beware!

Cons

Double charged and charged extra for months, regardless how many hours and email I spent weekly trying to fix this. Service always cuts in/out Customer service is the absolute worst, everyone says they will put in a request to give them 30 days, then you call in 30days and they say no request was ever submitted... repeat...repeat

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

Name brand, great customer sales experience but once you sign, all goes down the drain.

Caity from AAA KARTAK Glass & Closet

Customer Service Nonexistent

Overall it has been very frustrating to work with VerizonConnect. They seem to have no urgency when it comes to fixing issues and complaints/concerns from their customers. They tend to not respond to emails and do not value communication with the customer. It has become very obvious that they do not communicate internally between their various departments. It feels as if each of their departments are completely separate companies that don't get on the same page with one another. Maybe this review will finally get someone to respond to our emails. It has been over a month of us not being able to pay our initial invoice because they have not gotten us the proper documentation we need in order to pay. Out billing department consistently has tried to reach out to them to get this information and to connect with they billing department but nobody has responded to any of the requests. I wouldn't be surprised if they now charge us a late fee even though we have been actively trying to pay.

Pros

The actual software seems to be working well with our fleet. My scheduling department has been testing this software out on a handful of our work trucks for the past few months and now want to install it for our entire fleet (30-40 or so trucks) so that would suggest that the software works, and is easy enough to use and worth the money.

Cons

The customer service at VerizonConnect. I can go weeks waiting for an email back from their team. It has been confirmed with their various departments that they do not communicate with each other internally so each of the departments I have had to interact with has had no idea what was going on / what issues were caused by their fellow departments. For example, the sales team got our business and sent us our contract to sign. We signed and paid for the services and sent it back. Over a month goes by of not hearing from them. I sent multiple requests for an update on the process and had no luck hearing back from anyone. Once they finally responded they gave me the contact information for some representative we had never heard of. I immediately reached out and a week goes by and I never heard back. Skip to another MONTH later and the product is finally installed. Apparently, their sales rep stopped being concerned with our contract and his response to our frustration with how long this all took and our disappointment in the lack of communication was to put blame on a different department and say it was all out of his control. Their customer service team / sales team said that this is something that "doesn't happen" (i.e. the lack of responding, the long wait time, the confusion between their departments) but similar situations have happened TWO MORE TIMES since then.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

We chose VerizonConnect based on their sales pitch. They presented an awesome product and we were very excited about it. Once they secured our contract and payment it absolutely felt like they dropped all interest in keeping us happy as a customer. From the installation process taking MONTHS, to the lack of communication from their team, and the overall frustration of having to message, and remessage, and remessage, and call and remessage...... overall not a positive experience. If the actual software wasn't working so well with our company fleet we would absolutely end our contract with them and find a company that can provide us with a software that is just as functional but that actually has consistent and accessible customer service.

Jay from CanCorp

Dipping Your Toe into the Abyss of Digital Transformation

It is a phenomenal step towards a digital environment for the under served home services sector. Implementing Verizon Connect Work is a step in the right direction! At the end of the day Verizon is a telecom company and looking to upsell their products into your business.

Pros

I love the fact that Verizon Connect focuses on the technologically under served realm of the home services market. These business's technology initiatives take a hard stop at email and spreadsheets. When implemented and used correctly, Verizon Connect Work (formerly Fleetmatics WORK) can bring to the surface revenue opportunities that business owners and stakeholders were oblivious to. Being typically their first go at new technology, Verizon Connect Work is usually welcome because of the ease of implementation and use. The technology is priced right and the ROI is enormous! The ROI stems from getting off the paper, chalkboards, notepads and alleviating lost invoices. At the end of the day the software is the home service industries first step towards digital transformation in this Fourth Industrial Revolution.

Cons

In response to Verizon Connect Work being described by former users as "A Starter Software" or "Technology Training Wheels", there is high churn being there are more robust softwares that encompass the entire life of a work order. With out mentioning any software company names, Verizon Connect Work's book of business is on a mass exodus to other players. To add, their is limited to zero customer support and the buying process wasn't very enjoyable.

Robin from Maid Brigade

Verizon Connect Autorenewal sham

Awful.

Pros

I'm too disturbed by the customer service to comment positively about the software

Cons

We had been with Fleetmatics/Verizon Connect for 12 years. We rec'd little support though a couple of years back, a sales rep called to have us sign a new contract with an annual autorenewal. This November we were researching Fleet tracking options and called F/VC to find out when our contract was up. We were told at the end of January so mid-December, we reached out to them to tell them that we weren't going to renew (we found another provider with more services and lower prices) and asked what we needed to do. The man who introduced himself as our "Customer Success Partner" told me that our contract requires 60 days notification so we were stuck through Jan 2020. I explained that we hadn't been informed that when we called. He sent me a copy of the contract and told me "too bad" that my company should understand who it is doing business with. He said in no uncertain terms we were locked in through Jan 2020. I asked to speak to his manager but was told she was out of the office but well aware so if I called her the next day, I wouldn't have any better success. I did a search on New York State law and learned that a contract w/ autorenewal needing notice of more than 30 days requires the vendor to notify the signee of their renewal timing by certified mail (or in person) betwn 15-30 days of the deadline or it's not enforceable. Within 24 hours I received confirmation that the contract will terminated this January and not the following!

Ashley from Tire Distributors, Inc.

Incompetent Customer Service

If you can find another company that has good coverage, choose them. I never had these kinds of issues before Verizon took over.

Pros

The software is user friendly and once you have the hang of it, it's easy to navigate the site as well as manage different locations and their vehicles as well. The reporting comes in handy as well.

Cons

The customer service is terrible. Ever since Verizon Connect took over Fleetmatics, it's all gone down hill drastically. While everyone I have talked with is very polite, they never seem to be able to discern between two different cases, can never send out the necessary parts as requested, even after they have said it will all be taken care of and they will ship out in no time. Just today, I called about a specific case number and wanted to make sure the parts needed for an install had shipped and would make it for our appointment on Monday, as we had not received them. The woman I spoke with could not find anything regarding the parts having shipped or not. She then said she found where they had arrived but that was for an entirely different case number. This was a situation where I already had to reschedule the install due to not having parts shipped as they said they would. So here we are, third time around and hopefully third times the charm. Unfortunately, this is the same story on each separate occasion when we need installs completed. I fully intend on trying to reach someone at a higher level to find out the reason behind this level of incompetency.

JoAnna from Heart of America Service Co

Unkept Promises

It's a scheduling software that started on an internet base and tried to go to mobile and has failed in my opinion. They will roped us in with promises that they didn't keep. This is why we decided to leave.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to navigate and filter to find the invoice/ticket/customer that I needed really fast. I loved how I could keep whatever information I needed with customized info boxes. Dispatching out to Employees was easy and the old App for the Techs out in the field could do many things. IT worked great on the desktop end.

Cons

When we 1st signed on we were promised that the program would keep track of our inventory. We are a HVAC business and we have a lot of parts to keep track of. It wasn't working great when we started and the old app was ok with it. Then they Upgraded and had a new App and they completely trashed the inventory program and didn't tell us. Since we are located with lots of country and rural areas we were told that the app can work offline and update the main programs once it got back in data range. This has never worked properly and my Techs were calling me to update their tickets because the app wasn't working. The New App upgrade came everything went downhill. Techs could no longer create their own jobs (and we have Techs for on-call weekends) Techs could no longer show discounts to the customers on the invoice. The app still didn't work out in rural areas. It doesn't not work very well on the Mobile end. Everytime I had Customer service on the line they tried their best, but since everything that we as a company needed they couldn't provide we didn't want to stay with them.

Carlos from South Florida Soil Builders

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Contract renewal

Everything was good till I try to get in contact with my account manager, I was placed on a phone call with a rep, because I was offered a better price on another company so I called to see if Verizon could have giving me a better price to increase my units. This was not possible because the only do this when the contract it about to expired, I remember that I had a contract, but my calculation it should had expired well it's not the case happen that I have sign up for 3 years renewable automatic 3 MORE YEARS if you don't provide then with a request on writing to be place on file till the end of your contract, but as per the rep I could buy my full contract, Well my advice to you is BE careful with this contract because it do not make sense to have a contract after you had comply with the first 3 YEARS 36 MONTH!

Pros

Software is good it do a good job but read your contract.

Cons

It refresh over 90 seconds most of the time.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

It was recommended but that company South-er Global is not longer your client ether, I would ask why did he switch.

Reasons for Switching to Reveal Field

Because of the contract, I feel like i have been trick and force to the 3 more year contract, so i'm sending my letter now wile I wait to here from AR about buying my contract. But I can assure you this is may second review on this matter and I would keep on advising your future customers to be aware of these contract practice to keep you lock, I apparently you can't keep customer because of your products, that's probably why the contract read as it's.

Norma from Terra Oilfield Services

Industry: Oil & Energy

Truck Tracking made easy

Like i said before very useful tool to help keep your workers from driving to fast or reckless.

Pros

Cons

i don't like that its so hard for me to pull a report from the data. I just want to be able to pull a spread sheet that will have the information in one place for each truck. like for it to read simple not have to look everywhere for it For Example DATE:, Trk #,Engine on:,Stop Time:,Idle Time:,Travel Time:,Distance(mile),Start/End Time,VIOLATIONS 6/1/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING 6/2/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING 6/3/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING 6/4/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING Because right now i have to read the whole report look minute by minute to get to the end of the report for that information. I think this way would be way easier for me to get & pull the data i need. Plus i have to go through the replay to see if there were any speeding or braking violations with what the speed is with how fast the where going. Looking forward to maybe seeing this happen.

Sandy from BDS Laundry

Tacking vehicles

We bought it for e-logs, and tracking vehicles. Difficult for users to easily use.

Pros

I can fined all my vehicles when I need to.

Cons

Integration with other software isn't very easy. Also, administration is not as intuitive as it should be. Difficult to find what I am looking for, and can't always save something if I don't have complete info.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

Realtime access and elog management.

More realtime access.

Steven from Silver Oak Academy

Basically, a very good product. I highly recommend that you consider it for your fleet management.

Pros

Allows me to spend less time on fleet management and more time on other duties. Allows for driver accountability. Before we used manual logs to write in mileage. There were many gaps. Vehicles would be driven 100s of miles with no documentation of where they had been. We were also able to identify dangerous driving habits (90+ mph with a vehicle load of students!). We use it to provide dynamic routing to pickup students that have had their off-site schedule change. Finally, I have a good handle on maintenance and vehicles are serviced on time, because I can plan ahead. We even use it to track car washings. Training is great, customer service has always help me out in that regard.

Cons

There is no way to easily display current mileage. You must go into the edit vehicle function to display current mileage. There is no way to display the mileage of the vehicle during a trip. It will display the mileage traveled during the trip but not the actual vehicle odometer reading. Not a huge deal, but there are times where it might be useful (forgot to write down mileage of service that I performed in-house). Calculated mileage will drift over time, sometimes by a few hundred miles, so you should be adjusting about once a month by comparing actual vehicle mileage with program calculated. Add a driver as user is challenging if driver is not defined as a user first. Customer service is usual great, but it took me almost a month to get additional fobs last time.

Joseph from Allied Recycling Center

Verizon Connect Review

Route Optimization. Traffic is everywhere is constant here in Massachusetts. I can then determine the best route.

Pros

I like how I can see all of the trucks on the map. I can hover over one of the icons and it will tell me where they are, how fast they going and who is driving. It also tells me how long they have idleing. I am constantly using the "Find Nearest" option as well, this gives the ability to tell customers exactly when the truck will be arriving on site. Overall We are happy with this platform.

Cons

The replay option. I dislike this feature. One reason being I have to watch the whole thing if I just need to see how long the last run took. On the timeline bar below I want to be able to slide that to whatever time frame I need to watch.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

I was impressed during the demo.

Reasons for Switching to Reveal Field

Poor service, bad platform.

Larry from Coastal Empire Fire & Security, Inc.

Industry: Industrial Automation

BEWARE of the Details Before you buy - Does not Interface with Quickbooks Well

Right now we are paying for the monthly as when you sign up they say " there is no stopping the payment". However, you can't see where it is going to really work, or not, until it starts getting implemented. We were "gun ho" when we started as it was "completely customizable". We test drove a system last year and ditched it because the invoice could be sent to the technicians email for data mining. They promised to make sure it didn't happen with this one and sure enough the day we started none of the pricing showed up for parts and the email feature was enabled. That means they wasted our time in the multiple data gathering sessions to set it up. WE HAVE ASKED FOR A CANCELLATION BUT WERE TOLD THEY DO NOT DO THIS AND THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO PAY THE WHOLE YEAR.

Pros

Great for the Field guys as they like the photos and dispatch features. The details get out to them faster and they can start from home to the first calls for the day. Turn by turn directions are great if all your site locations are set up.

Cons

The interface with Quickbooks is one way with parts. Changes in prices in Quickbooks have to be hand entered in both systems. We were told we would not want to use the Quickbooks after using there software. That is code words for "It doesn't work well" with Quickbooks. The time to generate an invoice is twice as long for the invoicer. The time from the techs has to be hand transferred to the invoice. There is no automatic calc from field to invoice because "they don't want to be responsible" for the techs pushing the wrong start/stop times. The time savings given in the sales pitch is diminished by the lost productivity in maintaining pricing and transferring times. Also the techs can alter the time they actually start and stop so forget using it to prove in any court when they actually arrived. For those of us managing technicians there is just as much chance for time abuse using this system. In the day of SQL database interfaces they are missing the boat in a fully integrated system. Every answer to our objections was to have us place a comment on a link button for the "developers" somewhere in the UK to "consider".

Mike from R.D. Graham Electric Inc.

The technology and product work reasonably well. The information is an asset to managing the fleet

Pros

The software is relatively intuitive....which is good because the customer support is the worst I have EVER experienced with any product! If you enjoy figuring things out on your own, you will really love this product. You can make it work for you with a little experimentation and some extra time invested.

Cons

The customer support is non existent. They have a lot of nice people answering the phone that are very sorry for your troubles...."someone" will get back to you within 24 hours. Unfortunately when they get back to you they are unable to assist you so they will elevate your issue to the tier 2 rep. The tier 2 rep will then get back with you in 24 hours. The tier 2 rep will likely be unable to help you...but they are also very nice, courteous folks who are sincerely sorry for your issue. The tier 2 rep will elevate it to a high priority and you will be contacted within 24 hours. The high priority rep will email you and ask if you have completed the proper documentation and send the forms to you....these will be the same forms you received and completed prior to this whole cycle beginning. Save the original forms so you can just resend it. It will save you time. I am sure by now you get the point...I have waited well over 6 weeks to get a device installed in a vehicle for fleet expansion. This has happened on more than one occasion. At present I am looking for another vendor who has equivalent technology with a matching suite of genuine customer service. My advice would be that you continue to look elsewhere and see what you can find before you are trapped in a 24 hour service cycle!

adam from j&r trucking llc / schneider's seafood

Industry: Wholesale

Poor customer support and follow through

Customer support is awful. We started with fleetmatics in 2016 with 9 total trucks in our fleet. Once Verizon took over, i noticed the customer support took a nose dive and has never been the same. The sales reps take days or weeks to reply to voicemail and emails, or don't respond at all. We downsized to 8 trucks, and we are still being billed for 9 trucks, despite our sales rep guaranteeing me it has been rectified. I have reached out countless times to accounting, sales reps and nothing has been done. The rep instructed me to sign up for another contract and the 9th unit will fall off our plan. Yet, we are still invoiced for 8 total units. Each month we short pay by one unit, and its extremely frustrating to deal with this when Verizon is supposed to streamline our operations. Perhaps leaving negative feedback will prompt a manager to finally reach out to me and fix this once and for all. Not happy and would'nt recommend their service to any other motor carriers! Im on the verge of terminating our agreement and switching to Samsara! ab

Pros

Running reports on harsh events, speeding, cornering very easy.

Cons

Hours of service functions difficult to monitor. often times our drivers will see something on their tablet such as in their rest period, but on my end they still appear on duty. The ELD customer service hotline is always on point to help our drivers, and lead the way in support. If only the sales reps could do the same!

Nate from ACR Supply Co.

Verizon Reveal

Overall It has been good. Not great, but good. A lot of work on my part to keep things working with the software. Either way we still get very good track and reports at times when we need them.

Pros

Like the App that i can track where our trucks are at any moment. I like the reports that I can run to see different metrics of the truck. The user interface is pretty easy to use, simple and concise.

Cons

Customer service has been good and then bad. Tend to be a new person every few months that is over our account. Had some install issues with the contractors who installed trackers. Would like to be able to see current mileage of truck in reveal. The reports are shoddy at times, especially gas card purchases.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

We were already part of NetworkFleet.

Kurt from MCM Pools, Inc.

Never ending contract

My overall experience with Verizon connect reveal And its previous named fleetmatics has been absolutely atrocious. we were sold this product with false hope about what it could and couldn't do And then we were charged a ton of money for services that we were not actually given. The customer service and the contracts are ridiculous so even if I wanted to switch to a different service I would have to pay over $10000 to buy my way out of my contract which I think is absolutely ridiculous. Long story short I'm stuck with this service forever and I'll never be able to get out of this contract.

Pros

This product helps me keep track of my vehicles And helps me to see who needs help where and when they will be at customers homes. It allows me to track speed driving behavior As well as keep track If the crews are where they are supposed to be.

Cons

I do not like that the standard reveal software does not allow you to split Your routes between multiple vehicles. The other service that We purchased originally with reveal allow you to do that but in a very convoluted and not user friendly way and it was very expensive to do a very simple task. I have to use multiple software is now to do the same thing I should be able to do one that I pay an arm and a leg for.

Jennifer from van Hoekelen Greenhouse, Inc.

ELD System

It's beneficial to be able to see where each driver/truck is and not have to constantly bother drivers to find out ETAs. Customer service will troubleshoot a driver and provide them with help for their Logbook issues.

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy to train drivers on the system with the online training and quiz. There are many positive features such as reporting and tracking along with a simplified screen to show each driver's available hours for the day. Customer service is available 24/7 which is what an OTR Trucking company needs to provide their driver's with assistance for their Logbooks. Being able to see where your driver/truck is at all times is a saving grace and saves time from having to make a phone call to the driver asking for an ETA.

Cons

There were a lot of bugs in the initial roll out of the system, however as time has progressed it seems to have improved significantly. A lot of updates which drivers are not fond of as many drivers are not tech savvy and it would be better if they could limit their updates by testing the functionality of the updates prior to rolling out of the update.

Joshua from Otis Refrigeration Service, Inc

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

A great GPS Solution

Their customer service, the products and features and the overall price are great. Honestly after reviewing 3 or 4 competitors this is the best option. I would highly reccomend if your tied in with other verizon partners. If not the system as a standalone gives you everything and more you could want, it just makes it potentially a double entry situation.

Pros

It is feature packed, however my one star i took away is because it only intergrates now with verizon Partners. We use none of those, so its completey stand alone for us. It works great for a fleet of any size. Installation of the units is quick and we have only had one issue with scheduling. The software is very reliable and we have no outages or missed data.

Cons

The cost, to be honest the cost isnt bad, however every new unit is under a extended contract. This greatly limits our ability to be fluid with our internal processes as were locked in for a new term with each new unit. It would be fantastic if this system/software could be easily intergrated with other programs. Our dispatching software doesnt allow us to intergrate with this software so were stuck using standalone systems.

John from Denton Lawn Sprinkler, Inc.

Our eyes in the sky

Overall, Verizon has helped us keep track of our vehicles and employees. The software helps us track employee times and efficiency as well as reduced theft on all levels.

Pros

Verizon Connect lets us see exactly where our vehicles are and notifies us when a vehicle is started after hours. We recovered 2 stolen vehicles which resulted in the capture of an entire auto theft ring with multiple other previously stolen vehicles in Dallas and stopped 1 vehicle that was in the process of being stolen by directing Police to where the thief was headed. Operationally, this software is instrumental to our daily routing and dispatching of our technicians.

Cons

Verizon Connect is regularly sending me email and direct mail solicitations for lower pricing, but when I call to get that pricing, they say it's only for new customers or new units. Then when I renew, they only want to renew at existing pricing. Why send better offers to me if we can't receive the lower pricing? And why can't we get a discount for renewal business? Their pricing is higher than most other GPS providers.

Chuck from Blackshirt LLC

Good product, HORRID customer service.

I've had this product for just over 2 years now tracking 17 trucks. Overall, I like the software, the mobile app, the fuel integration, mileage tracking, and service notifications. We've had a few issues with the installed units, but the installation team (which is subcontracted out) is very prompt and responsive to getting the issues resolved. My account rep and sales team, however, are a different matter altogether. First off, most of the time I call customer service, I will inevitably be transferred at LEAST 2 times to a different department, and will have to explain the issue in full each and every time. I had a billing dispute (where they charged me for an add-on e-log that was never received nor installed in my trucks) and they refused to issue me a credit or even really address the issue. Their entire attitude is basically "well, we shipped them out (to the wrong address) and it's not our fault you didn't install them". I've spoken with my account rep, his boss, and even the Customer service manager. Not only will they NOT respond to calls or messages (they never answer the phone), but emails go unanswered as well. I'm currently fighting them to buy out my contract so I can find a company that will actually provide service to their customers. Do your homework folks... Good product, TERRIBLE customer service!

Pros

ease of use, easy to install

Cons

Customer service is HORRID!

Buz from Buz Plaxico Dozer Service Inc

Verizon Connect is a good product

In the construction business we are able to see where our trucks are located at all times. We are able to monitor any type of speeding and also unauthorized use of vehicles. Also we are able to see where our vehicles are and not waste a phone call.

Pros

Verizon installed the trackers and helped us set them up. Verizon was very professional throughout this whole process and stuck to their commitments and appointments. When we have issues cutomer service is always a phone call away.

Cons

Even though the trackers were installed for free ... I feel that the monthly service is too expensive. It seems maybe you could get incentives or price breaks.

Reasons for Switching to Reveal Field

Customer service was crap, tracking was crap, training to use the product was crap .... Just everything about it was awful !

Benji from Thompson Rental Services

Best Tracking Software

So far we have recovered thousands of dollars in what could have been stolen equipment. Also we have cut down on refunds where customers said they didn't use the equipment and we can see how many hours they have put on it.

Pros

I like the ease of use. We use it to track our rental equipment from location to hours of use. We can tell where it is and if a customer has been running it.

Cons

The desk top version is much more easier to use than the mobile.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

First it was our sales man. He saw our need and then went above and beyond to help get us a demo and go through several question and answer calls. The service by far has exceeded my expectations.

Reasons for Switching to Reveal Field

This is more reliable equipment and they trackers work pretty much everywhere. We switched all our larger equipment that was more valuable. We still have a good many with the old tracking service also

Frank from 1-800-GOT-JUNK?

Fleetmatics Review

Running reports and actually navigating the website is easy. Unfortunately this product doesn't give us exactly what we are looking for when it comes to the Replay function. Which is very important to us.

Pros

I have tried other products and this one seems to be easy on the eyes. There are other products out there where their pages are too busy. Verixon Connect Reveal seems a little user friendly when navigating the website.

Cons

It does not do a good job following our drivers when it comes to the Replay function. You can set it between the "driver" or the "vehicle". With our business, many different drivers are in and out of our trucks in a single day. We can have 5 different drivers in just 1 truck. The Replay function doesn't do a good job following when our drivers are scanning in and driving the trucks. I wish I could see the Replay of a driver where it shows at 7am he scanned into Truck X and then scanned in to Truck Y at 9am. Then switched to Truck Z at 11am.

Better GPS system

April from Hawkins Electric

Good but could be better

I love that I am able to see what my guys are doing at all times every day. It makes it easier for me to tell my customers when my technicians will be there where they are and how long they have been there. I like that I am able to help my guys out by using the maps to give them directions when needed.

Pros

I like that I am able to keep track of my guys with the GPS system they have to offer. I am able to see speed, accidents, engine failures, oil changes and so much more. I am able to locate them ion real time so I always know where they are. It has a lot of features that can be used to help me navigate my guys and get them where they need to be.

Cons

The system will sometime glitch out and will not refresh. I have to reload the program a lot because it does this very often and I am unable to just refresh to solve the issue. Sometimes even after re loading I have to do it a second time to correct the issue. Its a tad bit hard to use some of the features as there are not many instructions.

Glen from Glover's Solutions, Inc

Customer Support SUCKS

If I could, I drop Verizon like a hot potato, I'll probably get a phone call after this, and promises will be made and just like most political promises NOTHING WILL BE DONE.

Pros

The product itself​ is not bad. It does not do everything they told me it would do, but it is functional, if and when you can get it installed properly and set up.

Cons

Everything from crappy installation, to getting the right equipment, to them shipping it to the wrong place. The installers stick things up with two-sided​ tape... the first hot day it all starts falling, long cables wrapped around other wiring bundles. Installing and leaving without​ knowing if it installed correctly and working, installing the wrong product. Showing up to do and installation only to find out they shipped the wrong parts.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

I fell for the line of BS

Reasons for Switching to Reveal Field

The Verizon name, I thought they did so well with phones that this two would be a good option.... boy was I wrong

Lawrence from Larry's Limos Inc.

used this tracking system for my vehicles since 2007

See above

Pros

In the beginning it was very useful and saved me time and money , very eazy to use and train ours how to use the system

Cons

Since the new company brought out the original company, the system has gone down hill, make changes all the time , remove options that where useful to my operation and not nearly as dependable, can not rely on the systems accuracy like I use to, quite often given bad reports and have to reboot the system to check and make sure it is accurate. Also the customer service in not very good any more, when you call with a problem all they want to do is up sell, that is when you can get in touch with someone, They also make me feel like they are not interested in the smaller companies now -what to put there efferts into the big trucking companie.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

I am leaving Verizon, and they may loose my cell service it this attitude continues have been with them since 1991!

Davie from Pina Vineyard Mgt

Industry: Farming

GM

My employees are beginning to rely on the reporting for time cards, report on mileage, and reminders for maintenance. This is why the miner issues with not recording time, not being able to reset mileage, and reliability on when maintenance needs to be done is important to us and why I reduce my approval rating to average. I'm hoping this review will spark someone to contact us with some ability to fix their system.

Pros

I like that it can be set to send to multiple people for timecards, maintenance and location.

Cons

It doesn't keep a log of time when out of view of antennas like I was told it would. When we do maintenance it doesn't let us reset the mileage to correct incorrect mileage and start over. Thus the mileage error is compounded with each maintenance. Units not reporting and the difficulty in getting service to correct problems. Not to do with software, but part of why I find Verizon overall lacking is the disconnect between sales, service and reporting.

Rosemary from Above All Construction

Vehicle GPS tracking

Pros

I like the Verizon Connect Reveal software because it has saved our company money by showing the true hours the employees were at the job versus what they used to put on their time cards. It also saves us money with our auto insurance company. It has helped identify which employees are speeding or driving reckless to we can address the issue. We have been with Verizon Connect Reveal for almost 3 years and we are pleased with the customer service representatives because they are responsive and helpful.

Cons

The one thing that I least like about this software is that there is a delay in time. When I look at where the vehicle is located, it usually gives me the location where it was appoximately an hour ago. I would like it to be more on actual true time. It would help us when we are trying to locate a vehicle to know the exact location .

Jane from Security Incorporated

Love Fleetmatics!

Verizon Connect Reveal makes it so that I don't have to constantly be on the phone with my drivers to find out their location or eta of different stops, with 15 routes out on the roads at any given time, that would be constant phone use! Now with just a click of the button, I can track every driver and know their exact location to the minute and how they are driving as well!

Pros

We use this software every day to keep track of our drivers and their location. We are currently looking into expanding our use of the system. We aren't even using the system to it's full capability as of yet, but, I can tell you that it suits our needs and its the best system that we have tried as of yet. It's user friendly and the customer support team is the best.

Cons

I wasn't in on the start of acquiring the software, so I haven't been able to get the time to learn how to do a few things, but that's my fault for not having the time!

Meredith from SEI Group, LLC

GPS Services

The program is fine except above. However the Customer Service side from your agents SUCK!!! as long as you don't need anything after the initial set up you are good. Trying to order and add devices, nightmare trying to get service and install of additional devices nightmare.

Pros

The website works well for the most part and is pretty user friendly for most information needed.

Cons

searching not friendly, you must know the device exact name to find what you are looking for. if you forget to notate changes trying to locate in the website and time costly and annoying.

pricing and reporting

CONNIE from H & H SANITATION SERVICES CO

GPS

I feel the customer service was much better before Verizon purchased the program. Getting units transferred to different vehicles can be a chore. We now get charged for this service that was once part of our contract. I don't like having to deal with several people to get something done. There is no tracking on service calls and the "call center" can only direct to the local "service company" - between all the moving parts, it isn't easy getting things done.

Pros

the software does show where vehicles are - where they have been. It was very helpful when one of our trucks were stolen, the police were able to find it quickly. We use the tracking part of the software everyday to confirm time cards.

Cons

The software is a bit "non-user" friendly. Setting up and maintaining was difficult when we first started using the software. There have been several improvements. Some of the reports are difficult to tweek to what we need.

Karen from SERVPRO

Service- Supply and Demand

Talked with customer service several times., Finally had a tech out to repair units, wrong parts sent. Two units were not working correctly for months.

Pros

The desk top software, the ease of using. All the office staff could use it easily

Cons

Service- Customer service -Repairs- A understanding of our business

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

When we first signed up, I compared several companies . Service, pricing over all value. We have now changed companies, I did another comparison as our renewal was coming up again. The pricing was twice as high and I had been with Fleetmatics then Verizon for many years, even with poor services, I stayed because of the cost to change and the software . Then I could not continue to stay with Verizon if they could not get closer on the pricing and update our hardware

Nick from Kelair Inc

Verizon WORK Review

For the past month and a half I've been working with learning the Verizon WORK software as well as Verizon REVEAL. This software is definitely ideal for those starting a business and would like to keep track of their fieldworkers. Although i do feel that this software is not for every industry. I'm in my mid 20's and can confidently say that I'm technologically inclined and learned this with a fast paced manner. This software can be easily learned by younger generations but I'm finding it very difficult teaching our older office administrators how to use this management system. This goes as well with the mobile app.

Pros

Has quick respond time on uploading and saving. There are multiple ways to do one specific task, so there's not just one way to navigate through the software. You can set specific restrictions on certain fieldworkers/ admin controlling their ability what to see on a specific job dispatched to them. The implementation team is very patient and will schedule as many training sessions as needed to learn the functionality of the software.

Cons

Customer support is not great. Takes long to respond back. Needs time to learn how to use for older people. The implementation data process can be tedious and is not accurate even when put in the requested form they ask. I suggest correcting any mistakes yourself through the program after all data has been imported

Nicholas from Hawaii PV Partners LLC

Software works, but no support from the developers.

recurring workorders and invoicing

Pros

Recurring workorders, easy to invoice, easy to assign new jobs to fieldworkers. Mobile and desktop access.

Cons

ZERO support from developers. Sales will tell you once thing, it doesn't happen and you get zero response from any feedback/enhancements you submit. The biggest problem we find is that you have to upload photos one by one, you should be able to check all the ones that apply and do one upload. And when viewing those photos and attaching to invoices, you have to download and review one by one, when you should be able to toggle through the photos quickly like you would with any other software or program. We have been asking for this upgrade since the day we signed up and the developers do not care or respond. If they would fix the photo issue, I would give 5 stars across the board. But because they refuse, we have to use DROPBOX as well as this software to effectively manage photos. 2 different programs when 1 should be all that's required.

Dan from Painters USA Inc.

Fleet Management

Satisfied, but not WOW'ed

Pros

Location tracking for assets as valuable as vehicles and trailers is essential for businesses our size, and has proven helpful almost immediately in tracking vehicle history and managing logistics in day to day tasks. The driving habits they track as well are very informative and beautifully compiled with this software.

Cons

Customer Service has always been spotty and seems to still have issues after being bought by Verizon. Hopefully, these are just complications due to the transition in ownership.he The Driver ID functionality is not as secure as it sounds, and the driver ID keyfobs are a hassle for companies with many drivers and constant new hires. Tracking with trailers could also be improved, the struggle I understand as a trailer doesn't have a battery to connect to when not being towed... but we have trailers that are still reporting after 3 years or more and some that have stopped or needed repairs after only a few months. The companies that install the tracking units is outsourced, so this could be why we have noticed so many discrepancies between regions, which also adds unnecessary complications when scheduling installs/repairs.

William from Blue Bell Mattress Company

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Fleetmatics Review

I hope we are putting safe drivers on the road as we now get speeding alerts.

Pros

It's compliant for the FMCSA ELD rule...

Cons

I have no issues with the software, it's pretty easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing Reveal Field

I felt that Fleetmatics / Verizon Reveal had more to offer for a reasonable rate.

Reasons for Switching to Reveal Field

Fleetmatics offered a better product for a reasonable price.

March 2016

Joanne

March 2016

Verizon WORK

Stahlman-England, INC began using Verizon WORK in January 2015. The overall program was easy to implement and the Customer Support was beyond expectations! This program was less expensive than all other Service Programs and accomplished a lot more with regard to “real-time”, invoicing, reports, quotes, and customer follow-up. This Program has enhanced our business and the endless features Verizon WORK offers, is still being discovered and incorporated into our business plan EXCELLENT FOR CONSOLIDATED CLIENT INFORMATION, SERVICE APPOINTMENTS & SCHEDULING, INVOICING, PROFITABILITY, AND DETAILED REPORTS!

Pros

• Verizon WORK gives me, as Director of Corporate Operations, essential detailed productivity reports within seconds. • Instead of needing 2 to 3 different software programs, Verizon WORK alone produces these reports. • With a click, I have reports of total revenue including breakdown of labor, parts, travel time and actual job duration. • Our technicians are able to sell more by doing quotes instantly. This exciting, real-time “Quotes” feature allows our office to email these figures within an hour, thereby closing more sales than ever before. • Verizon WORK has allowed us to streamline and fast-track our paperwork; one-hour tasks are now done in minutes. Verizon WORK enabled our transition from piles of paperwork to next-generation technology.

Cons

PRODUCT ENHANCEMENT of certain issues. Example, more than one email address, speed of program when changing on the dashboard.

Tyler from JAT OIl

Great GPS Mediocre Everything Else

See cons section above

Pros

Customer Support is usually relatively quick to answer a call. GPS is wonderful

Cons

-TABLETS CONTINUALLY DISCONNECT FROM VEHICLES CAUSING UNIDENTIFIED MILES. -Unidentified miles are duplicated many times to an overwhelming degree. -Some unidentified miles that drivers receive will not go away even after "Rejecting them" -Verizon Connect installers messed up the original installs and we wound up having issues with trucks due to the poor way they were wired in and actually lead to breakdowns on some units. -Even after original repairs some units still wouldn't work correctly. -I have a 2019 Kenworth and a 2020 Peterbilt that Verizon connect cant figure out how to install a ELD in and we are 6 months into the year. -No one at Verizon connect can solve the tablet disconnect issue. We bought new, better tablets that were recommended and we still have the same issues as before.

Tablets disconnected and GPS Was ineffective

Dawn from Interstate Fleet Services LLC

Verizon Connect Reveal also known as FleetMatics

Overall we have solved problems in business with knowing where are technicians are even when they say they are somewhere else. It gives us proof of their locations in real time. While the technician is driving the unit on your computer screen will move as well. Great stuff!

Pros

I work at a Fleet business where we have diesel technicians on the road performing emergency road service for diesel vehicles 24/7. This system helps us not only track our technicians locations, but so much more. We can guide them in their travel where there is less traffic to get to breakdowns faster, we can find parts stores faster for them and it keeps track of small things as in their oil changes and lets you know when the next one is due for each work vehicle.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software. So far so good.

Jeannie from United American Steel

Beyond terrible

We purchased to be compliant with DOT.... however, they are causing us to be non-compliant due to sending wrong equipment multiple times and we still have two trucks not working at all or not working properly.

Pros

The program is good other than the timesheet reporting. The GPS portion and logs are good

Cons

This company has the WORST customer service I have ever seen. I still have two trucks that are waiting for parts to be installed. One has been like this for nearly 6 months. There is no excuse for this. Whoever set up their customer service SOP has set them up for failure. I would like to know how many other companies are having these issues. I would also like to know how to get our issues resolved!

to use the Verizon network

better network

Kelly from Hudson Valley Egg Co., Inc.

Industry: Dairy

Great Concept, a Little Off on Function

It's been pretty touch and go with this service but overall, the basic functions give us more insight to our fleet needs, schedule, etc.

Pros

Being able to track and see live status of our fleet really changed our ability to provide accurate customer service and logistics solutions.

Cons

The software doesn't quite function to it's full potential. Often times routes will be uploaded but will disappear by the next day when our fleet needs it. No real solutions have been given so it's just not quite reliable. We also needed to invest a lot more in other tools (like upgraded garmin unitys) that weren't stated as required add-ons when the service began. The optimization tools are pretty useless and do not optimize the routes for our fleet.