Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Easy to use software, economically priced. Great for enterprise use."
  • icon"I love the CompleteFTP manager, being able to make very detailed events, user controls, and logging makes what could be a very tedious tasks a breeze."
  • icon"It is easy to setup Folder Structure and Users, permissions using CompleteFTP. The logs are thorough and easy to navigate."
  • icon"Interface could be a bit more intuitive however ive dealt with much worse."
  • icon"Support is web or email based. The time lag is sometimes difficult to deal with."
  • icon"The interface is not intuitive and can be hard to manage sometimes. I am use to it now but when I go to try something new it can be difficult."

Have you used CompleteFTP and would like to share your experience with others?

All CompleteFTP Reviews

Nikolaos

Industry: Market Research

Great tool for file transfering between servers

I used to work with winSCP but this proved a more reliable, easy to use and cost efficient solution. There aren't any features I miss and the tool is considerably cheaper.

Pros

Support transfering and access with many different protocols, such as FTP, SFTP and SFTP. Easy installation and easy configuration, manual is as descriptive as possible and the support is always quick and reliable.

Cons

The only setback is the GUI, as of many other technology oriented programs, the GUI is not that user friendly and most features are not intuitive to select and deploy. I cannot think of anything else apart from that

Reasons for switching to CompleteFTP

cost-efficiency and easiness of use.

Response from Enterprise Distributed Technologies

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about CompleteFTP. We appreciate your comments and feedback. We are glad you are happy with our product. Regarding the GUI we are looking into improving this. As soon as we have an update for you, we will let you know. In the meantime, if you have any queries or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Support. Thank you EDT Customer Services Team

Replied September 2021

Tim

The Complete Protocol Suite for Windows

I've bounced around using a number of data exchange solutions over the past 20 years on Linux and Windows. Usually, I prefer a solution that does not include costs that come with running Windows systems; however, I've stabilized on CompleteFTP because it's fully featured, easy to use, and requires very little administrative attention.

Pros

Easily customizable on a user by user basis for for offering FTP, FTPS, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and SCP. Virtual. Read the manual and you're up and running quickly and securely.

Cons

Overall, there is little to dislike about CompleteFTP, other than the cost. However, for medium to large volumes of data exchange, the value is high. Also, there is no GUI based backup. Instead, you have to develop your own backup solution.

lucas

November 2022

great

Pros

Easy install, easy manage, good security

Cons

graphic appearance

FTP Frontend to Web Services Data

One word: support. Any deficiency in the product or documentation was quickly and expertly handled by support including the prompt issuance of replacement certificates in a system outage. There are very few companies out their with great customer support these days, EnterpriseDT is one of them.

Pros

The .Net extensions allowed us to seamlessly integrate our web services into an FTP server for client access to their data. We used the ability to authenticate through our web service API including user certificates, and create a virtual file system from our data.

Cons

The administrative interface is a bit clunky and takes a bit to understand how to configure for using virtual files systems through extensions. But it is complete.

Cary

A very strong and capable enterprise FTP server

CompleteFTP does exactly what I need and are very happy with my decision.

Pros

CompleteFTP was very simple to deploy and easy to manage. Upgrading is always straight-forward. It is also very feature-rich, although I've never run into anyone that uses them all, it's nice to know they are there if/when needed.

Cons

While CompleteFTP does have Active Directory integration, it's implementation is very kludgy and has some limitations. Honestly, it's about the only issue we've really experienced with the product. I have been in contact with them about it and they have assured me they will be addressing this with a new implementation with better features.

Response from Enterprise Distributed Technologies

I just wanted to thank Cary for helping us to set the requirements for the improvements we'll be making to our AD integration in the next couple of months. Furthermore, I'd like to encourage anyone else reading this to send any feature requests, suggestions and criticisms to us like Cary did.

Replied May 2019

Joseph

Solid Software

Pros

It's easy to setup and administer. It handles multiple connections well.

Cons

The sftp functionality is not included in the free edition

Great app to establish a file-server

Running file servers is easy with this app.

Pros

This is a default app in our company to create a file server. It supports access via multiple protocols, fairly easy to use and never caused any disasters. I would like to mention that developers have very friendly support, which indeed is interested to help you in case something goes wrong. It is also open to any suggestions. I would really recommend this app.

Cons

No software is absolutely perfect, currently CompleteFTP cannot alert monitoring systems that it has an expiring certificate, but support is already working on this issue, hope they fix it soon.

Jeffery

CompleteFTP In Production

CompleteFTP has allowed me to be able to offer multiple different connection options within the same application. Less applications means less training for my team and overall better performance.

Pros

As systems architect uptime is a major factor in any decision I make. CompleteFTP stays up, it keeps running, it doesn't freeze. There is no having one of my team check on a Sunday evening after a weekly reboot to see if it is running. My team loves that. The other thing is flexibility. I can use it for a variety of things so do not have to worry about multiple applications as one will do.

Cons

The GUI. The interface is not intuitive and can be hard to manage sometimes. I am use to it now but when I go to try something new it can be difficult.

Joshua

Best FTP Server Suite

Incredible, simplest way to describe it. Fully configurable, feature-rich, cost-effective... I challenge anyone to find me a better solution.

Pros

The fact that the software includes absolutely everything anyone could want for an FTP server. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more feature-rich, problem-free, cost effective FTP solution.

Cons

Honestly there's nothing to dislike about the software, at least from my perspective.

Tyler

June 2022

CompleteFTP is a game changer!

A client purchased CompleteFTP to support a project we were implementing for them. I was facing a dreadful task of configuring a SFTP server from scratch. When I first dove into CompleteFTP I realized right away this was going to be a software I could easy adapt to the project demands. I have promoted the software to other clients, and will continue to do so to future clients. Customer support has been amazing! I've thrown some pretty wild event ideas to their team and they handle it like it was child's play!

Pros

Cons

I wish I could have this running on a Linux Server, but other than that I have yet to find anything to dislike

Response from Enterprise Distributed Technologies

Thank you for your very positive review and feedback. We are glad to hear your experience and appreciate the details you have shared with us.

Replied June 2022

Ben

Overall I'm quite happy with the product.

Pros

The software is really easy to install, configured, and use. Support is great, turn around time to questions and issues raised is quick. Very often I get a reply from support within a hour or two.

Cons

One minor feature that I could think of could be enhanced. Which is the list of trigger. There are arrows for moving the triggers up / down to reorder them. However, it appears the arrow only works for a few moves.

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great product..could use a few upgrades

My company uses this software on a daily basis and we have yet to run into functionality problems....it is however, slightly cumbersome to use at times. This is partly due to our strict requirements for sending and receiving files though. I was able to easily customize the web front end and include all requirements where other pieces of software we tried were not able to.

Pros

Easy to setup, easy to use, easy to customize, cost is very low compared to other products

Cons

The internal website front end could use a facelift, or an easier way to customize. Also, self service options for passwords and user accounts would be great.

Jeff

FTP for real business

CompleteFTP has been able to take care of all of our varying needs with different systems we receive data from. Price performance was great.

Pros

Ease of use and price performance. We connect to various different systems and CompleteFTP has been able to handle many forms of FTP and security.

Industry: Translation and Localization

CompleteFTP

We installed this programme to give our suppliers a secure method of sending us files. It was easy to install and equally easy to set-up.

Pros

the ease of setting up and its security features. I did have a small issue with our datacentre servers and the tech support for the product was excellent

Cons

The only con I have experienced is that sometimes the time difference between my country and the techsupport country wastes a bit too much time when you are trying to sort out an urgent issue

LEVD

Great piece of software

Great, its allows our business and our client to do filesharing in a safe way.

Pros

Easy administrator interface. Great and fast support.

Cons

Aks for the services you want to enable during user setup.

Alli