• Pros

• "It is FREE, overall features are nice and handy, easy to use."

• "Easy administrator interface. Great and fast support."

• "the ease of setting up and its security features. I did have a small issue with our datacentre servers and the tech support for the product was excellent "

• Cons

• "Support is web or email based. The time lag is sometimes difficult to deal with."

• "I have yet to find a con to using CompleteFTP."

• "The only con I have experienced is that sometimes the time difference between my country and the techsupport country wastes a bit too much time when you are trying to sort out an urgent issue"

Browse CompleteFTP Reviews

Joshua from MSM Group, Inc.

Best FTP Server Suite

Incredible, simplest way to describe it. Fully configurable, feature-rich, cost-effective... I challenge anyone to find me a better solution.

Pros

The fact that the software includes absolutely everything anyone could want for an FTP server. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more feature-rich, problem-free, cost effective FTP solution.

Cons

Honestly there's nothing to dislike about the software, at least from my perspective.

Tim from DuvaSawko

The Complete Protocol Suite for Windows

I've bounced around using a number of data exchange solutions over the past 20 years on Linux and Windows. Usually, I prefer a solution that does not include costs that come with running Windows systems; however, I've stabilized on CompleteFTP because it's fully featured, easy to use, and requires very little administrative attention.

Pros

Easily customizable on a user by user basis for for offering FTP, FTPS, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and SCP. Virtual. Read the manual and you're up and running quickly and securely.

Cons

Overall, there is little to dislike about CompleteFTP, other than the cost. However, for medium to large volumes of data exchange, the value is high. Also, there is no GUI based backup. Instead, you have to develop your own backup solution.

Joseph from JL Technology Solutions

Solid Software

Pros

It's easy to setup and administer. It handles multiple connections well.

Cons

The sftp functionality is not included in the free edition

Great app to establish a file-server

Running file servers is easy with this app.

Pros

This is a default app in our company to create a file server. It supports access via multiple protocols, fairly easy to use and never caused any disasters. I would like to mention that developers have very friendly support, which indeed is interested to help you in case something goes wrong. It is also open to any suggestions. I would really recommend this app.

Cons

No software is absolutely perfect, currently CompleteFTP cannot alert monitoring systems that it has an expiring certificate, but support is already working on this issue, hope they fix it soon.

FTP Frontend to Web Services Data

One word: support. Any deficiency in the product or documentation was quickly and expertly handled by support including the prompt issuance of replacement certificates in a system outage. There are very few companies out their with great customer support these days, EnterpriseDT is one of them.

Pros

The .Net extensions allowed us to seamlessly integrate our web services into an FTP server for client access to their data. We used the ability to authenticate through our web service API including user certificates, and create a virtual file system from our data.

Cons

The administrative interface is a bit clunky and takes a bit to understand how to configure for using virtual files systems through extensions. But it is complete.

Cary from Hitachi Vantara

A very strong and capable enterprise FTP server

CompleteFTP does exactly what I need and are very happy with my decision.

Pros

CompleteFTP was very simple to deploy and easy to manage. Upgrading is always straight-forward. It is also very feature-rich, although I've never run into anyone that uses them all, it's nice to know they are there if/when needed.

Cons

While CompleteFTP does have Active Directory integration, it's implementation is very kludgy and has some limitations. Honestly, it's about the only issue we've really experienced with the product. I have been in contact with them about it and they have assured me they will be addressing this with a new implementation with better features.

Response from Enterprise Distributed Technologies

Replied May 2019

I just wanted to thank Cary for helping us to set the requirements for the improvements we'll be making to our AD integration in the next couple of months. Furthermore, I'd like to encourage anyone else reading this to send any feature requests, suggestions and criticisms to us like Cary did.

Ben from Woolworths Limited

Overall I'm quite happy with the product.

Pros

The software is really easy to install, configured, and use. Support is great, turn around time to questions and issues raised is quick. Very often I get a reply from support within a hour or two.

Cons

One minor feature that I could think of could be enhanced. Which is the list of trigger. There are arrows for moving the triggers up / down to reorder them. However, it appears the arrow only works for a few moves.

Jeffery from Voxware, Inc.

CompleteFTP In Production

CompleteFTP has allowed me to be able to offer multiple different connection options within the same application. Less applications means less training for my team and overall better performance.

Pros

As systems architect uptime is a major factor in any decision I make. CompleteFTP stays up, it keeps running, it doesn't freeze. There is no having one of my team check on a Sunday evening after a weekly reboot to see if it is running. My team loves that. The other thing is flexibility. I can use it for a variety of things so do not have to worry about multiple applications as one will do.

Cons

The GUI. The interface is not intuitive and can be hard to manage sometimes. I am use to it now but when I go to try something new it can be difficult.

David from VNHA

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great product..could use a few upgrades

My company uses this software on a daily basis and we have yet to run into functionality problems....it is however, slightly cumbersome to use at times. This is partly due to our strict requirements for sending and receiving files though. I was able to easily customize the web front end and include all requirements where other pieces of software we tried were not able to.

Pros

Easy to setup, easy to use, easy to customize, cost is very low compared to other products

Cons

The internal website front end could use a facelift, or an easier way to customize. Also, self service options for passwords and user accounts would be great.

Alli from GraceBlood, LLC

CompleteFTP Review

Daily Usage and stability are fantastic, ease of setup and connections with partners is simple and straightforward.

Pros

It is easy to setup Folder Structure and Users, permissions using CompleteFTP. The logs are thorough and easy to navigate. Event rules are handy.

Cons

Merging instances isn't supported and Migration from one server to another is painful with licensing. There is no logging of errors when encountered by event rules, which makes troubleshooting difficult.

Jeff from West County Radiology Group

FTP for real business

CompleteFTP has been able to take care of all of our varying needs with different systems we receive data from. Price performance was great.

Pros

Ease of use and price performance. We connect to various different systems and CompleteFTP has been able to handle many forms of FTP and security.

Chris from Network Languages Limited

Industry: Translation and Localization

CompleteFTP

We installed this programme to give our suppliers a secure method of sending us files. It was easy to install and equally easy to set-up.

LEVD from Information Technology

Great piece of software

Great, its allows our business and our client to do filesharing in a safe way.

Pros

Easy administrator interface. Great and fast support.

Cons

Aks for the services you want to enable during user setup.

CompleteFTP

No complaints here.

Pros

We purchased CompleteFTP because or current software did not support secure transmissions. CompleteFTP was easy to setup and easy for the end users to run their FTP transmissions.

Cons

I have yet to find a con to using CompleteFTP.

Dhaval from Tring Network

My Review about Complete FTP

Easy to use and stable.

Pros

It is FREE, overall features are nice and handy, easy to use.

Cons

Updating the software, need to download Application individually and install it, generally other software connect home site and being update by their own.

amit from hcl america inc

complete ftp is good product

we are using netapp 7 mode box with ftp services. now that we are migrating to cluster mode netapp we needed a middle ground to keep using FTP with the application. so we migrated the data to C mode netapp and used completed ftp to mitigate the issue with ftp.

Pros

ease of installation and the customizable part.

Cons

i have not experienced any issues with the software till now.

Mark from Utah State Courts

CompleteFTP setup

Pros

The ease of setting it up and customizing it.

Cons

That is wasn't free. This software worked great for us so nothing negative.

David from Sunbelt Xpress

Performed well were other failed.

Banking transfers were having issues with Filezilla, CoreFTP and others. Decided to give CompleteFTP a try and it performed flawlessly. Speed is fantastic, front end is good enough. Overall it is well worth the value and time to set it up. Once running you can forget about it.

Pros

Value Encryption Features Functionality

Cons

Setup is a little time consuming Interface can be confusing to new users

Lucas from VVH

Great software

Pros

Easy to setup, maintain, add new users/sites, and update. Works perfectly for our needs.

Cons

Interface could be a bit more intuitive however ive dealt with much worse.

Rob from Bentek Inc

FTP Complete Review

Pros

Ease of setup with secure ftp and ability to change port on the fly for each protocol I want enabled.

Cons

Some of the collapsing menus were a bit to "hidden".

Chin Chin from Globalfoundries

Industry: Semiconductors

CompleteFTP for enterprise FTP capability

Great software investment.

Pros

Easy to use software, economically priced. Great for enterprise use

Cons

I liked everything about this software. It served what the software is purchased for.

Adrian from Romark Logistics

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Very Nice piece of software

Pros

The ease at which the software installed and was up and running in less than 15 minutes was very nice. End users found it easy to connect, and they are still using it .

Cons

While the installation was pretty straight forward, setting up users and access to storage locations was a little bit more tricky. Although after a few trial and errors, as with any software it became easier and quicker to make any changes or to add more permissions etc.

Adam from Consultant

Good FTP server

Pros

Easy to setup with minimal configuration.

Cons

UI can be unusual to navigate initially.