All Dropbox Business Reviews

Dropbox for Business

Mahmudul islam

Civil Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Must use storage option for official works.

I mainly use Dropbox for my office work, yo store all the docs in cloud as backup. Dropbox provide me choice to share files with specific user with full privacy option. Uploading is so fast and for larger files , sometimes takes much times. Besides it provides 3rd party integration which gives us chance to accelarate our work.

PROS

Most important features Dropbox provides from my perspective is the automatic file backup option. Dropbox takes backup all my documents, helps me to work without fear of losing them. Beside dropbox have world-class security to protect our data.. I can store all my data in cloud and share to official documents for work purpose very easily. Organizations of my documents is very good in Dropbox business. Moreover uploading speed is very fast , I can able to store big files in cloud storage easily and able to track from anywhere.

CONS

Since we are using Dropbox for organizational work, it's fill like it's little bit expensive than other similar service provider, interface is easy but, sometimes need to know basic program knowledge and web client interface knowledge to get full benefit of Dropbox.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

For professional work , need to switch with all other teammates.

Ty

Design, 1 employee

Dropbox is a solid 9/10

Honestly a solid 9/10, apart from some of the small bugs I've found here and there this works perfectly. Never had any issue with this app whatsoever

PROS

The fact I can share, view and move files on the go using the mobile app, as well as the fact sharing is as easy as it is.

CONS

Sometimes Dropbox has spikes in which it's not as fast as loading files, but this could be an issue regarding internet speeds.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Dropbox allows me to store more for less.

Reviewed September 2022

File sync issues on Mac OS

We've gone from Google, to Box, to Dropbox (we're now back to google drive) looking for a file sharing solution for our agency. We have thousands of files accessed by designers and developers across various workplace locations. Unfortunately, we've had to leave this platform because file structures weren't updating properly. Some users wouldn't see some files. Didn't seem to be a permissions issue and customer service wasn't able to help. In fairness, it's not just this platform. Everything we've tried seems to have some degree of issues with sync. Google has been the best for us because the only issue there has to do with path names for linked files. So when another user picks up a file (e.g.: InDesign), they need to re-link all the images. Dorpbox did solve this problem, but having folders not refresh properly is a worse issue, so we're back to Google.

PROS

Very fast connectivity. Robust security. Good permissions management. Speeds were sufficient to work directly in cloud files without issue. Cloud files were integrated directly into the native OS file browsing.

CONS

File sync issues across our organization.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

We selected this to solve the broken file linking problem when different users pick up adobe files with linked assets.

File sync issues.

Michaela

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Love it

Love it but hate paying for it it’s too expensive compared to alternatives

PROS

Love everything but a little pricey if they lowered their prices theyd be number one

CONS

Price is a little too expensive especially compared to others

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

My school utilizes it and nothing else i had no choice also my computer utilizes it as well

Yasmine

Maritime, 11-50 employees

Secure Data Storage

PROS

I like that all data storage are secure and all the file sharing features are very easy to use

CONS

Sometimes it keeps asking for permessions to access tools or features while I already have given consent to use this feature.

Roy

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

The all in 1 platform

PROS

it helps me instananously share material with my team across folders and sub folders.

CONS

i didnt dislike anything, it helped me tremendously in my biz.

Bento

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Dropbox Business - sharing

PROS

Practical file sharing while carrying out my projects.

CONS

Dropbox Business does not identify the person who deletes a file from a particular folder.

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

STORAGE FAR FROM STORAGE.

Its has been great using Dropbox, when i change my mobile phone,its always easy to restore my Dropbox data to my new mobile

PROS

I like everything about Dropbox Business. From STORAGE sizes to safe file storing

CONS

Not a thing to dislike qbout Dropbox..its been the safest and the best in terms of file storage

Reviewed August 2023

Increases the productivity and it's easy to use with family/team

Really good for the price of the plans, most of the people who don't need much storage can fit on the free plan and for those who uses it for work, the plans prices are quite reasonable

PROS

It's so easy to use and understand how it works, they have a limited but good free plan and have a good features that are really good such as sharing a folder with specific people only.

CONS

The free plan has limited storage, and premium plans can be a bit expensive depending in what you are using it for, also sometimes it has some sync problems.

Whitney

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Dropbox is my go-to storage space

My overall experience with Dropbox Business is truly good. The system kept us organized and simple to get the job done. When working on a project Dropbox came in very handy to get the projects accomplished and everyone on the same page.

PROS

I like the most about Dropbox Business is how you can upload any and everything to my Dropbox. It keeps my files, documents and photos organized and make it simple to share and collaborate with others through the software. I like how user friendly it is as well, no training or tutorials to go through but straight forward and so useful.

CONS

What I like the least about Dropbox Business is the amount of storage space provided. I'm not sure if it based on the company and how much storage they choose to have because it doesn't take long for the system to let you know your Dropbox is nearly full.

Jonathan

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Dropbox Keeps Our Documents Safe, Secure, and Easy to Access

We use Dropbox Business in our office to keep our records in one place for our team. It's especially helpful because we have certain files that are shared across the entire company, and then we also have certain files only used for my own team. It's very easy to create a file, upload a document, and share it with other people. It's also far more secure than other platforms in terms of keeping log of confidential information.

PROS

I love that it is easy to create a folder and have it shared with many people at one time. It's also great to have this set up on my computer in my own Quick Access files, so I can just drag and drop documents from my saved documents and downloads into a Dropbox file. My company has always used dropbox, and having the business account gives us enough space so we can keep all our records in one secure place.

CONS

It's not quite as complex and doesn't quite offer the features of Google Drive or other cloud storage platforms, but it is simple and it does the job. It is also very easily cluttered when you have too many people sharing things across platforms.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox is the most well known online storage system and is a no-brainer for our company in terms of our needs.

Amy

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Dropbox is Great

Overall experience has been great. I've tried other programs in the past such as OneDrive and Google Drive and I haven't liked either as much as I like Dropbox.

PROS

I love that when I sync it to my desktop it acts as though it's files on my computer. So I don't need to open and close the browser, I can just move files the same way I would if I was saving them on my computer. Love that it syncs with multiple computers as well so there's no wait time with email documents, we just put them into dropbox and everyone immediately has access.

CONS

There's really not much I don't like about Dropbox. I would love to be able to create users and control what they have access to so that I could keep some folders private. Or another great features would be to have some folders password protected, that way I would be able to control who had the password and could access them.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

Again the organization was just far above that of OneDrive and Google Drive.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Dropbox was easier to organise and control who had access to what.

Anne

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2019

No More Lost Files

Much preferred using dropbox than Sharepoint. Dragv file to your dropbox folder ligation and that's where it is on your harddrive, no wasted time searching in cloud for location of saved files.

PROS

If internet access is not available at time of file upload dropbox will save upload and commence once internet is available. Can retrieve previous versions of uploads and undelete actions. You can assign users and grant permission type to users. You can decide who gets to see what in your dropbox, whether complete access/viewing of while drive or just certain documentation or file locations. You can remove user access at anytime thereby blockingv the user from unw anted access. You can decide whether files you share can be edited or just reviewed. Funded dropbox owner greater control of who sees what and what takes they can perform. Owner can remove certain parts of dropbox from syncing therefore reducing the amount of time fur uploads to be performed.

CONS

Upload time depends on how much you have saved in your dropbox. The less files the faster the upload.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

Found SharePoint to be more confusing when saving or uploading files.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Ease of use. Clarity of saved file locations for easier access by all assigned users who have granted permission to access files/folder. Realtime syncing of dropbox which is great of you are uploading or deleting, moving or renaming folders or files.

Lauren

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Power To The Drop

I have been with Dropbox for over 3 years and will continue to use the software. I believe it's crucial to carry heavy files in a web page without crashing. Something that you don't realize is extremely important to a storage software.

PROS

Where can I begin, except for the fact that Dropbox has a powerful engine? From my experience, I am impressed by the energy this software has. I work in media production, so capacity and performance are primary factors in how we store content. Dropbox sees to it that our heaviest files are taken care of. I often transfer computer animations as well, which requires a lofty amount of memory to carry certain files. With that, this software is able to store and load the pages that contain each modeled/rigged subject with ease.

CONS

I would only suggest that the import/export functions were at more of an ease in terms of loading. They often require additional steps to just get a file through. Anything as simple as import to browse would fulfill my only concern.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Egnyte is a bit too bulky of a workspace and requires a lot of unnecessary steps to make an import/export happen.

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Expensive, yet you need it

I like Dropbox for Business. It helps me a lot in: - Sync files across device - File sharing with my team - Team work (for people who I require them to send me some file) , instead of sending hundreds of MB file via email (googleDrive), this Dropbox works better for me. - with certain package, you have the option to only keep your file ONLINE. Very helpful for me, it saves my storage.

PROS

1. It's flexible, you can have it online, or offline. 2. It's reliable. I've never experience system down. 3. It works well across platform. I use it on my mobile, tablet and laptop. All works well. I've been using this app more than 5 years.

CONS

It's a bit expensive. The price you see now on their website is the new price. Before, they had the cheaper price. After several years using this service, they increased the price. However, they fairly added the features :) which is helpful. The downside is, you didn't have the options anymore to use the cheaper package with the less price.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

DropBox is more neutral, and it knows exactly the features I need. - work across platform, even on the web. - the price is not that cheap, but it's still make sense - so far, I don't have any problem with the server quality. My data is safe there.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

- Dropbox is more general (not only attached to Apple products) - it works across devices and platform. It even works with the web. - you can work with your team easier.

Habibah

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Great quality for a cloud storage software

In our office, I use Dropbox Business to keep all of our documents in one location for our entire team. It's instrumental because we have records shared around the organization and files that are only used by my team. It's effortless to make a folder, upload it, and share it with others. It's also much more stable than other platforms when it comes to keeping track of sensitive data.

PROS

I like that it is straightforward to build a folder and share it with multiple people at once. It's also convenient to have all this set up from my own Control Panel files on my phone, so I can simply drag and drop files from my stored folders and transfer them into a Dropbox database. My organization is now using Dropbox, and the business account provides us with enough storage to hold all of our documents in one safe location.

CONS

It's not as complicated as Google Drive or any other online storage systems, but Dropbox Business doesn't have any of the same functionality, but it gets the job done. When there are so many people sharing stuff across channels, it becomes cluttered.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Google Drive seem too complicated for me to sharing the files with my colleague.

Rhonda

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Protects files

I used Dropbox business to backup records and notes for the convenience and to cut down on file clutter. I liked that I can scan in a physical document when I need to, we aren't one hundred percent digital yet. This organization is partly mobile, some records need to be updated by employees while in a patients home. We prefer that some records are only kept online incase an employee leaves us for whatever reason or incase of lost or stolen electronics. Only folders I choose are synced, the others stay online only.

PROS

Getting the account set up only took a few minutes. Employees were able to adjust to the change and I control what they see or don't see. No outside accounts had to be replaced and I'm always able to share records from Dropbox business to our office suite. I like having revision history so I can reverse an inaccurate change. Records are always backed up and I don't need to keep additional backup copies. Photographic records remain clear after being transferred and open normally. I am confident that my records and notes are private and protected from ransomware.

CONS

Not free to use and not the best value for money. Any facility is going to accumulate records every day and the storage will overflow. After setup employees and I both had to spend a long time reading the frequently asked questions link. A way to leave a short message attached to folders or notify someone that a folder had been updated would make Dropbox business better .

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox business works with our office suite

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

IDrive did not have enough protection or control

Gourav